The Dark Brotherhood (The Elder Scrolls Series)

"Well, for starters," she started off, Crossing her arms. She examined the room for a moment before looking at the other. ",is this really that is all of the dark brotherhood now? I grew up hearing stories of a murder guild that everyone feared. No offence, but this doesn't seem like that."

Gabriella cocked an eyebrow as she did take offense for this wasn't a murder guild this was a family of assassins, a religious cult of Sithis to some, but still it was her family of talented assassins not something trivial like the Fighter's Guild.

"Well you have either been greatly misinformed or your judge of character is off, High Elf. And I sure hope it is the former and not the latter." She said with sass peppering her words.

The elf did all she could not to roll her eyes and not sass back. She came here to kill, not fight with her new family members or be sassed at. Of course she didn't put off the fact that she really wasn't helping.
However she clearly was greatly misinformed. Of course, what else did she expect? She did get most of her information from her father, and sure he used to be a great mage, now he's just a drunken half-wit. He probably wouldn't know the difference between a horse and a troll if he saw the two together.
"Well clearly I've been misinformed. Care to give me the correct information?"
Clearly, she didn't know two things about this...brotherhood. Not like she thought she did, at least.

"Once again, Lachance sends us the tired, the lost, and the horrendously ignorant!" The dunmer proclaimed, floating off the floor with his legs crossed and his hands in his lap. Damn the Levitation Act, this is too useful.

"If only there was a way our secretive organization was more... Public! By Azura's Ass! If more people knew of our little love of Sithis, we might have our own public guild hall like those lovely fighters! By Sithis' Squall we may even get our own tax cuts like the Mage's Guild!" He droned on with a hand over his brow, sarcasm dripping from his voice with every single syllable. He listed to the right with a look of disdain, eyebrows raised at his light skinned cousin.

"Your basic duties, if you choose to follow them are to follow contracts given by our dearest Gabriella to be completed immediately. Should you choose not to perform them and disregard our chain of command. I'll eliminate you in the name of Sithis." He stated quite bluntly, although given the fact he was floating off the floor and smiling all the while, it may seem like he's all too happy to oblige his duties.

"Thank you, Divayth." She said with a small smile, never taking her eyes off of the newest apprentice. "Now as Divayth has fortunately gave you the gist of our family of assassins" saying the last words with more of a undertone to correct her recent blunder of the "murder guild", "I would be willing to educate you on the ways of the Dark Brotherhood, Sithis and the Night Mother especially."

f95617c77c87604a4bfcfc0aa70bb9d1.jpg

After a couple of hours at the counts side, Muup strode up next to him and spoke rather subtly, He spoke of concerns with the Dark Brotherhood having a sudden influx of new members, and how he y may need some additional funding this month to get them all geared and proper weapons placed in their hands. The Count was a very heavy participant in the Dark Brotherhoods funding, and tradecrafts, If not for the count this chapter would barely have what they have to offer the children of Sithis now, all the spells, weapons, and armor all came from the Count's funding.

In exchange, any who questioned the Count or his disposition, were handled with the same ferocity that met with contracts given through the Night Mother. As the Count carried a dark secret, he was a Vampire, and if word got out that a city leader within Cyrodil was a creature of the night, it would probably mean war, which could also spell the end of this chapter of the Dark Brotherhood. So it was a treaty forged in both interests of both parties.

Around middas, A man came through the gates to castle Bravil, and stood in audience to the Count, Muup eyed the man suspiciouly as his robes were heavy and thick, and didn't give away anything under them. Stepping foreward Muup raised an arm outward to greet the man. "Greetings, Stranger, You stand before the Count of Bra-....hnng!" Muup's introduction was harshly interupped by a crossbow dart, fashioned entirely out of wood, landed solidly in his chest, making him recoil backwards a step or two.

The Count stood quickly and drew a sword sitting next to his throne, and many guards starting pouring in from the castle. As Muup stood, he looked down at the wooden bolt in his chest, and placed his hand upon it, and as he looked back towards the cloaked man, who he could now see was a Hunter, as the cloak laid simply on the ground behind him, and the man now held two crossbows in his hands. shooting the darts they passed through shields and armor like tin sheets. Muup soon found himself falling to his knee, as his felt his strength leaving him, after all these years as an assasin, the best trained, the most deadly person this far south of the Imperial City, he was to die like this.

As his vision started to fade Muup felt the count grab him from behind and tug him off his knee and further into the castle. That was the last thing he remembered.

images

Alexander, nearby lurking in the shadows watching the wrath of the man with the duel crossbows, decides he wants to end the man's wrath for his weapons and loot. He begins to calculate the distance between Alexander and the vampire hunter. "50 feet.." Alexander thought to himself, while beginning to reveal is dagger. He holds the dagger by the blade and raises it past his head. "Hell... I hope my eyes are good as they once were" he jokingly says while he releases the dagger towards the vampire hunter. The dagger struck the hunter dead center of the back of his head. He marvels at the sight as he says to himself, "Hmm.. I still got it." The guards begin looking for the man who killed the vampire hunter, but fortunately for Alexander he snuck by them. Alexander, tired from a long journey, finds an inn that is suited for him. He pays for a room and quickly lies down and remember that he forget to take the hunter's crossbows. "Damn, those would have made for a nice collection." He thought to himself as he began to fall asleep.

Snap_MIwjskc8k31088517622.jpg

Gabriella is strolling through the town, out of her usual speaker attire for nothing is more discerning than a cloaked figure running about in town. So she pinned her hair up and donned a teal gown that she sewn herself, that she accomplished during her free time and Sithis knows that she has had free time as of late. She saunters though the market place perusing through the fruits when she picks up an apple then a thought enters her mind making her chuckle softly Poison apples the specialty fruit of the Dark Brotherhood.

Gabriella, amidst daydream, is then brought back to reality by an anxious courier tapping her shoulder and urgently speaking "Miss Karliah," calling her by her alias "the count wishes to speak with you, it's about your mother." there it was, one of the many phrases that the count has established to mean that there is trouble within the Brotherhood. Worry and fear grow like a cancer in her gut but her face remains placid.

"Tell the count that I will meet him shortly." When she said this the courier went off and resumed her picking of apples and bought a few as not to raise suspicion. Within the span of fifteen minutes, she had arrived at the castle, the housecarl recognizing her immediately she lead Gabriella up to the count's bed chambers where she saw Muup, barely breathing or was she just hoping he was barely breathing?, for anything is better than being dead. Sithis be merciful with her beloved Brother, she prayed internally.

Bellian suddenly who wake up and launch forowd. "By the nine! Where am I?" She check out her surroundings and realize that she was still the Dark Brother headquarters. That she had a new family and dealing out death was lifestyle. " Best sleep I had in weeks. Better get up and find my bothers and sisters now ."