The Chronicles of Elym

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
No it doesn't. It's limited to the speed of an arrow. Which to be fair is pretty deadly given his liquid metal probably weighs several times the weight of an arrow and thus would have little trouble smashing through shields and what not.
Depends on how the person held the shield.

Oh yeah, Nero, I'm confused about Seraphina. In her biography, it said that her mother used Eagle Speed. But there can only be one of an Echo, so why does Seraphina have Eagle Speed? Unless mothers can use the echoes of their babies while they're pregnant.

While I'm at it, what exactly does 'moving faster than the human eye can follow' mean? And how does that apply to races that aren't human?
I had addressed this. I believe that Eagle Speed is a reference to a similar echo. Perhaps all echos in that family are speed boost related but have different properties, perhaps it is a title passed down through the family.

It's actually 50 shades of mercury.

Alrightie here is the way her Echo works.

She shoots in a direction 50 ft at blinding speeds. Basically the human eye cannot react fast enough to see her. She cannot control her movements during this burst, it is a straight line shot in a direction. It causes a sonic boom, since she breaks the sound barrier, that deafens and knocks back all around her. ?Due to the magical properties of the Echo her body is saved from the effects that would normally cause her to splatter at those acceleration rates, and she is not effected by the boom. Landing is all on Seraphina however. She exits the burst at the speed she entered it.

... oh my god, why can't we just wait the whole thing out? I didn't come in here expecting this much conflict and confusion after it had already been approved. :/

Look, I don't know what the fuck is going on... Lets just leave things how they are for now and address balance later. Its what Blizzard does, and they are mega rich, so I think we can do the same thing.

... oh my god, why can't we just wait the whole thing out? I didn't come in here expecting this much conflict and confusion after it had already been approved. :/
Well, it needed to be addressed. Nero makes mistakes sometimes and its my job to call out his bullshit. ;P

Alrightie here is the way her Echo works.

She shoots in a direction 50 ft at blinding speeds. Basically the human eye cannot react fast enough to see her. She cannot control her movements during this burst, it is a straight line shot in a direction. It causes a sonic boom, since she breaks the sound barrier, that deafens and knocks back all around her. ?Due to the magical properties of the Echo her body is saved from the effects that would normally cause her to splatter at those acceleration rates, and she is not effected by the boom. Landing is all on Seraphina however. She exits the burst at the speed she entered it.
I like it. It makes it still very powerful, but not God-like. Good compromise.

Depends on how the person held the shield.
Not really. More of how much metal is being hurled at the shield.

If it's a sword's worth of metal, there's no shield in the world that's stopping a kilogram of metal flying at nearly 100m/s. The person's arm would shatter as well.

xD

My apologies for that.

I am at work currently and cannot be as engaged as I would like too.

Let's do this xD

Maybe because the mere thought of suggesting an Echo that lets you move AND react at a speed faster than sound while disregarding her pretty much burning to death or whatever in a RP that hasn't a super high power-level is absurd?

Not really. More of how much metal is being hurled at the shield.

If it's a sword's worth of metal, there's no shield in the world that's stopping a kilogram of metal flying at nearly 100m/s. The person's arm would shatter as well.
First rule in armed combat, you don't stop attacks, you deflect them. But yes.. even if they deflected it properly, it would properly break their arm and render the shield useless. XD

EDIT: Would like to add, that there are exceptions... But the gist is that deflection is superior to stopping.

• Love
Reactions: Ner0
Just take it as something like this, Scelesta…we're all hyper competitive bastards, and probably have simulated, in our heads, how fights between our characters work. Thus, whenever there's a new character that pops up, it's pretty much our duty to try to get their abilities nerfed as quickly and brutally as possible, in order to ensure our own survival.

So it's not confusion! We just…respect the amount of OP you have.

• Love
  • Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Ner0 and Skyswimsky
Heh. Another post set at night. Think we should start putting up headers to detail what day/time it is in our posts? XD

Oh! Ok, then it shall be the clouds Seraphina is watching! ^^
Lol, easy fixes are easy.

That whole tiume of day thing might be a usefull thing tho @ERode, I will think of ways I can include it xD.

Or maybe our gm could do his job and set the scene properly from now on :P

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.