The Chronicles of Elym

Status
Not open for further replies.
It shouldn't be night. I am actually speaking with Rai' about that post. Just go ahead and assume it is late noon.
It was just an intro post. We could say it was from the night before his forces were hired.

• Thank You
Reactions: Ner0
And when did that Harpy Archer be a thing? Because q.q, now we don't have superiority in range.

And when did that Harpy Archer be a thing? Because q.q, now we don't have superiority in range.
His character is the only unit with those capabilities.

most other harpies don't even use bows.

His character is the only unit with those capabilities.

most other harpies don't even use bows.
Good luck using a decently powerful bow while in flight. Those motherfuckers have really high pull weights.

Good luck using a decently powerful bow while in flight. Those motherfuckers have really high pull weights.
Probably just going to use a preloaded hand crossbow, or a easily manageable short bow. and then use gravity to add force.

I'VE BEEN ACCEPTED!! Oh my god, I've been accepted. ^u^

Name: Seraphina Flammaris

Race: Half-dragonkin, half-human

Physical Description: [spoili]
Tumblr_static_edited_anime_girl_with_red_hair_by_midnightxrose21-d5yvr7d.jpg
burning_rose_design_2_by_wlop-d8ruapw.jpg
[/spoili]

Personality: Seraphina's most characteristic trait is probably her radicalism and wish to do things "properly", to "finish" things. If she has taken a job or been trusted with something, she will go great lengths to achieve it, no matter how difficult.
One wouldn't suspect her firey passion for challenges and her radicalism from the chilled attitude she presents herself with in order not to catch attention.
She is also strategic and approaches problems tactfully if possible, primarily looking for her own advantages and the impression she makes in the things that occur. If you look at it from that perspective, one could call her a secret egoist, a cold one.
It's not that she has always been one, but due to some painful experiences in the past in which her altruism has been exploited heavily, she has put up egoism around herself like a protective shield. A shield that I hope can be torn down in this roleplay.

Occupation: Seraphina has two jobs with which she makes a decent living.
- mercenary: three days a week
- assassin: private.. whoever hires her and pays the right amount can be her client.

Skills:
- clever and strategic: she has the ability to learn and analyze things/people quickly and predict their actions and weaknesses.

- good actress: In order not to be suspected as a serial killer (what an assassin technically is), she doesn't just have to be a good organizer, but also a very good actress to be able to avoid herself being suspected in case she's questioned.

- extraordinary battle skills: Seraphina can use the sword, her throwing knifes and her tiny bow (one attached to her lower arms each) excellently, offering a good opponent in swordsmanship and a dangerous thrower/shooter in the other two. This combined with her overaverage speed makes her a challenging opponent

Flaws and Weakness:
- Bleeding heart: Underneath the icy shell called egoism and coldness, there is a warm heart hidden. A warm heart that has to be silenced and made numb all the time. Seraphina has grown up with morals she cannot live anymore after all the battles she has fought. The pacifistic side of her father, a dragonkin, is in a constant inner conflict with her gruesome mother's belligerent and bloodthirsty side. If one manages to talk enough sense into her, her concentration in battle may be affected heavily/ruined. But you gotta be a good speaker.

- Sociophobia and distance: It takes her very long to open up to people with her real side and to start a friendship because most of the time, she acts as a different person than she really is and because there is a constant risk of revelation of her crimes. Though she doesn't flinch from small talk or business contacts, she flinches in private social life often.

- low physical power: many others of her occupation tend to have excessive brute force at their hands. But not Seraphina. She has speed and a decent weapon arsenal.. if one robs her of her weapons and can compete with her speed, she is not particularly powerful as agility can not be brought together with bodybuilding.

Echo: Eagle Speed: Seraphina's running speed increases to incomprehensible amounts, letting her move so fast that the human eye can't keep up with her. This is a huge advantage for her job as her victims can often not notice her before, while and after she attacks.. when they do realize they only have a glimpse to dodge.
A side-effect of this is a wind snapping and sonic boom effect that sends most people plummeting on their butts.

History: Seraphina is the child of a human whore and a dragonkin priest. The priest, Ectron Flammaris, had an escapade with a foreign woman that had originally been brought by a slave trader. She had been working as a whore for a while and the slave trader was her owner. When he heard that she had gotten pregnant from one of her clients, he ordered the child's death. Her mother, flabbergasted at the thought, killed her owner, using her Eagle Speed power for the first time. She managed to escape and was taken in by a restaurant... when she gave birth, her financial situation wasn't good enough, so she dropped the child at another family's house, leaving a letter with information. Then she returned to the Serres Republic, leaving her half-dragonkin-baby back in the Iron Cities.

They happily took Seraphina in and eventhough they didn't like it, fulfilled the child's early wish to learn how to fight. By the time she turned 15, she had already developed her skills quite well - and just in time. At that point a dramatic change in Seraphina's life happened. When she returned home that day, she found her family members dead, assassinated..but no hint of the killers. Other than a flag of the Empire of Serres. Now, she also found the letter with the information that her mother is a human, thus, she's no full dragonkin.
With two reasons speaking for a trip there, Seraphina took the risk and went to Serres. There, she had to live as a mercenary and an assassin as she didn't find any other jobs at first. Not to mention she wanted to get a connection with the underground organizations of the town, hoping they would know where to find her dragonkin family's murderers.

Misc: ----

Hello everyone. ^^ I hope I'll be able to catch up.

Last edited by a moderator:
That was the point I addressed via PM. Harpies, instead, inaccurately drop javelins. Which they don't do to harass encampments because they're inaccurate enough that it is a waste of javelins.

That was the point I addressed via PM. Harpies, instead, inaccurately drop javelins. Which they don't do to harass encampments because they're inaccurate enough that it is a waste of javelins.
Okay. Its just that having the Medieval equivalent of the Lockheed SR-71 Blackbird is bad enough. More so if you made it so that while it did a fly by over Moscow the pilot could snipe Stalin out the window.

You can see the concern when you guys have the Blackbird sniper, and I'm Stalin...

Last edited:
Oh yeah, Nero, I'm confused about Seraphina. In her biography, it said that her mother used Eagle Speed. But there can only be one of an Echo, so why does Seraphina have Eagle Speed? Unless mothers can use the echoes of their babies while they're pregnant.

While I'm at it, what exactly does 'moving faster than the human eye can follow' mean? And how does that apply to races that aren't human?

Oh yeah, Nero, I'm confused about Seraphina. In her biography, it said that her mother used Eagle Speed. But there can only be one of an Echo, so why does Seraphina have Eagle Speed? Unless mothers can use the echoes of their babies while they're pregnant.

While I'm at it, what exactly does 'moving faster than the human eye can follow' mean? And how does that apply to races that aren't human?
She moves faster than the speed of sound, go figure.

I think it means she is the Flash Lite.

I changed that Echo of her mom's. It was an error of mine, sorry.

It means that you can't see her while she's moving that fast. Even if those races are not human, I am pretty sure their eyes can't follow much faster, so it should also apply to them.

But there's no amount of speed that would actually make you invisible, is there? I mean, if it was simple invisibility + enhanced speed + enhanced thoughts, that'd probably be better than 'moving so fast that you can't see her'. Cause people can see supersonic jets. If she could move faster than that, she could literally just take a sword on both sides, activate her echo, and rip right through a few hundred people.

Well, the GM approved, so I didn't see a problem.
Well, yeah, but the GM is a massive dick so.... ;P

I'm just shitting around. Though, in combat being faster than someone can perceive is the equivalent of being the best fighter in creation, and immortal, and French.

Status
Not open for further replies.