The Chronicles of Elym

Status
Not open for further replies.
But there's no amount of speed that would actually make you invisible, is there? I mean, if it was simple invisibility + enhanced speed + enhanced thoughts, that'd probably be better than 'moving so fast that you can't see her'. Cause people can see supersonic jets. If she could move faster than that, she could literally just take a sword on both sides, activate her echo, and rip right through a few hundred people.
Even going at the speed of sound, she could kill 1000 people easy. Combat with this level of technology is literally all about speed.

I was just ecpecting Echos on a whole to be realistic. Look at mine, when activated Gromak gets faster, and stronger, and meaner, but even pumped up, he is only faster and stronger than most people can obtain normally, not faster and stronger than Thor could obtain.

To move faster than sight you'd have to move faster than light.
At which point you would also go blind.... And transcend from this life into the next stage of being. Simply said, yo'd probably stop giving two fucks about a battle.

Looking at all the character sheets, the other characters seem to be in the level of Demi-gods, and that speed would just take you beyond that into God status.

Oh, and just to make sure, not your fault for choosing this echo that I am arguing against, its damned Nero's fault for accepting it.

I'm just saying faster than the human can see. It doesn't take light for that. The human eye can only see 60 images of its environment per second. It takes much less than lightspeed to pass one's sight-wideness in 1/60 second. And that logically only works when she's close to people. And only 50 feet before she's reduced to normal speed again for a while. I don't see the OP clearly as the power has its restrictions.

To move faster than sight you'd have to move faster than light.
Only if taken literally.

At Mach 1.5, she's easily fast enough that people wouldn't see her coming.

Even then, this is the sort of power to instantly kill anyone, at any time, without them standing a chance. Get within 50 feet, and BOOM dead.

My character's lethal range is 7-8 feet.. With a spear, that can be parried. At the speeds she moves at, anything within that 50 foot reach is effectively dead without a chance.

To be fair, my Echo is also sorta like that, what with the ability to GoB anyone in 50 meters range...

But eh, for the sake of not thinking too hard, just say that she's invisible while super speeding, not that she moves so fast that people won't even see a blur, yeah?

To be fair, my Echo is also sorta like that, what with the ability to GoB anyone in 50 meters range...

But eh, for the sake of not thinking too hard, just say that she's invisible while super speeding, not that she moves so fast that people won't even see a blur, yeah?
Within 50 feet you wouldn't see a blur anyways. She'd cross that distance fast enough that you wouldn't be able to react.

But yours moves at the speed of an arrow, which at 50 feet away can be noticed, and even if not, holding a shield in the way could actually help.

But a person that can cross that distance effectively immediately, and can THINK fast enough to actually make actions during that time... You can't defend against that. You might as well try to parry a heat seeking missile.

She doesn't have super defended to go with the speed though, does she? Don't know if the science behind it was sound, but I remember that super speed dude in Darker than Black killing himself because he went super speed mode while it was raining.

Oh, and here is another thing, what of the echos of the several thousand troops here?

Reactions: Azathoth
She doesn't have super defended to go with the speed though, does she? Don't know if the science behind it was sound, but I remember that super speed dude in Darker than Black killing himself because he went super speed mode while it was raining.
Presumably she would otherwise air friction would slag her skin and hitting anything during that time would rip her arms off.

Darker than Black
3166676968_1_4_Avu0h94D.gif

Love that anime.

My little research brought me to this discussion, which is fairly interesting. And makes it clear in the end it doesn't even matter if you see her or not. The only Echo that could possibly keep up with that would be Adolf-chan's I believe, but even so she lacks the physical capabilities to do anything about it :p

But this are goddamn anime-sheningangs, so fuck physics?

The example with the rotating propeller is nice.

Oh, and here is another thing, what of the echos of the several thousand troops here?
This was also a question of mine I wanted to ask you for the sake of abusing it for my own gains, curiosity, shouldn't everyone have one? But maybe you have to "awaken" it or some shizzle.

I don't know. What I do know is that this needs some sort of balance change. I think making it a straight line sprint with a max range of 50 feet would be make it so that a skilled warrior could at least defend against it.

I don't know. What I do know is that this needs some sort of balance change. I think making it a straight line sprint with a max range of 50 feet would be make it so that a skilled warrior could at least defend against it.
Well how about we keep the flair and see how it plays out in the RP and nerf it after? I mean, ERode's Echo is pretty powerful too since it can apparently move at his speed of thought. In a long range. For 3 Minutes flat.

Well how about we keep the flair and see how it plays out in the RP and nerf it after? I mean, ERode's Echo is pretty powerful too since it can apparently move at his speed of thought. In a long range. For 3 Minutes flat.
No it doesn't. It's limited to the speed of an arrow. Which to be fair is pretty deadly given his liquid metal probably weighs several times the weight of an arrow and thus would have little trouble smashing through shields and what not.

Pretty sure that the rest of the army has less OP echoes. Not worth mentioning on the grand scale of things, I'm guessing.

Cause you can only be so unique for so long, before you start having to drag out the stupid and useless abilities as well. xD

No, his goes up to fifty feet, at the speed of an arrow. He can control it as fast as he thinks.

Status
Not open for further replies.