The Chronicles of Elym

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't say I was looking forward to having Mathias and the Onyx Wolves go out in a blaze of glory, but it would have been interesting nonetheless.

If possible, next time, keep all the PCs on the same team, and keep the enemy team played by a GM and/or co-GM characters/NPCs only.

Preferably no flying units like harpies unless both sides can have them. If it's a GM controlled race, that's okay too.

Just suggestions that might be worth considering.

Might be better if you personalized the conflicts more. Perhaps, instead of having every lead bigass armies, make it so that they operate in smaller groups? Essentially, more along the lines of Fire Emblem, where the conflict itself is nation-wide, but the player only controls a small group of individuals. I mean, if people really wanted to go for giant war simulations, they could just play Age of Empires or whatever. XD

The crux of a group RP lies in character interaction, imo. Maybe players can do something like…create a single 'main' character, and then have a squad of NPC characters designed by either themselves or the GMs to use as 'chess pieces'.

If I have the time, my next character will be a pacifist that has healing powers. He or she and her troops will offer medical care to any injured, regardless of which side of the conflict they are on.

My plan is move the time of opening back a couple months. To the point where preparation and small skirmishes are happening. That way everyone can have small encounters and can roam freely as needed.

Might be better if you personalized the conflicts more. Perhaps, instead of having every lead bigass armies, make it so that they operate in smaller groups? Essentially, more along the lines of Fire Emblem, where the conflict itself is nation-wide, but the player only controls a small group of individuals. I mean, if people really wanted to go for giant war simulations, they could just play Age of Empires or whatever. XD

The crux of a group RP lies in character interaction, imo. Maybe players can do something like…create a single 'main' character, and then have a squad of NPC characters designed by either themselves or the GMs to use as 'chess pieces'.
this is a cool I dea, I love fire emblem so I'll try definitely see what I can do.

I also plan to create a level up system with dice mechanics and the like.

I like my Adolf-chan.

• Love
Reactions: Ner0
I like my Adolf-chan.
Hee hee, I knew you would say that sky, would you be willing to offer me some advice on that dice mechanic I want to incorporate, you are basically the sovereign emperor of that shiz?

I would love to see Adolf chan at her hq, and would be more than willing to let you play her in that role in the new rp :)

Hee hee, I knew you would say that sky, would you be willing to offer me some advice on that dice mechanic I want to incorporate, you are basically the sovereign emperor of that shiz?

I would love to see Adolf chan at her hq, and would be more than willing to let you play her in that role in the new rp :)
Sure I can help yah, but it would be easier to communicate over Skype or something.

I am interested.

Can I at least keep the exact same character?

It's a lot of effort to try and make good characters :P

You bastard. This was a good decision. You did kind of just start with what would have been at least one of the big epic climaxes. Of course knowing our group we would have all climaxed repeatedly and gone away satisfied anyway. ;P

• Love
You jackass. Stealing my ideas.

• Love
Status
Not open for further replies.