The Banishment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Claire
Claire offered Derek a small smile before turning her eyes away from him and onto the activity that was buzzing around the fire. It looked like somebody had just died. Then again, it always seemed that way.

The conversation between the two of them was growing awkward, if it hadnt already. She wanted to hit him across the shoulder like they did before, without any worries that there might be something lurking in the shadows directly behind them. She wanted to joke with him like they did before they were Banished.

Sadly, they would never get that luxury again.

Without saying anything back, she just shrugged at him. His body was outlined against the fire that was behind him, giving him the impression that he had a halo across his head. He did, infact, save her life. She didnt want to feel anything for the boy that infected her childhood, but couldnt help the small warmth that filled her heart when he looked at her.

Claire sighed and shrugged her shoulders again, picking up Bullseye and started to dismantle it. The poor thing needed a good cleaning. Unfortunately, she had not the slightest clue on how to carry on the conversation.

@Autumn_Burns_Red

~~Kaiden~~

Slowly he walked forward down the pathway that had been partially made by previous constant walking and patrolling down by god knows what, the roars of the tank echoed across the trees and through the forest that he had been lurking in since the banishment. Without surprise he was still beating himself up about it, he blamed himself for their consequence, he should have been the one to speak up and say something. Then he saw it, the light in the distance, a single flicker amongst the darkness of night and trees, grabbing he Rifle he looked down its 12x scope seeing the feint figures of humans? The group?, It would make sense, After all him leaving the group was his choice seems maybe he should have stayed with them after all, they had more than he. Slowly he walked forward keeping an eyes on the trees for movement. One mutant usually means others. Coming closer towards the group he stopped in mid walk. Standing there in the middle of the pathway, How would he come back? Would he apologize or attempt to blend in? Shaking his head he took another step forward, his eyes peering out from his balaclava. Seeing the light of the fire touch the ground in front of him he stepped into the area that the light touched, His figure being stood out from the light of the fire. He stood there silent with his rifle in his hands.

Would he dare speak?

.: Joshua :.
Joshua finished stitching Oscar's head, when he noticed the guy was sleeping. Josh had no clue what to do, they were all dying for some sleep, and Oscar finally managed to get to the state of slumber, unlike everyone else. Josh just looked at him and then upwards at the touch of someones hand, Jocelyn. She just nodded, showing him that she would keep an eye out. She soon looked up and out to a mysterious looking man, who was he. She walked past the man, and he followed just outside the line of sight. Josh shook his head slightly and looked down at a peaceful looking Oscar, and Josh started to think something...personal to him. He smiled and leaned back against the tree, shutting his eyes. A nap would do, Josh wonders right about now, even with Oscar using his lap as a pillow. Truth be told, it kinda made Josh feel safer.

~Jocelyn~
Jocelyn smiled and sighed as he saw Oscar had finally found sleep, she walked over to Josh and tapped his shoulder. Though as she did, she noticed a familiar guy step into the camp. Jocelyn's eyes narrowed, did he really come back? Jocelyn moved from Josh and over to the guy. Walking past him, she spoke with a stern voice. "Hello, Kaiden."

-Derek- & / Nicholas /
Derek smiled a little as she shrugged and started to take apart Bullseye. "I'll take that as a no." Derek chuckled and moved to a tree, and slide down to a sitting position.
Nick looked down from the tree, "Hey, man, this is my tree get you own man." He spoke sarcastically to his old friend. Derek just looked up at him. Nick moved a little, and dropped out of the tree next to Derek and took a seat next to him. "Man, don't let it get to you, she just lost someone not that long ago, and well look around you we are in hell."
Nick knew about his best friends feelings, mostly cause Derek told him. "Shit, man I know that. It is just she refuses to sleep. If she doesn't soon, it is going to affect how well she fights." Derek leaned his head against the tree. "So, do you like have feelings for Kenzie, or something? Cause you just way to nice to a girl you don't fully know, and that is kinda...different...for you."
Nick laughed. "I don't know man, never really thought about it with all, you know, being hunted at every turn. Almost dying each minute. Kinda figured, I don't have to time or liberty to even have feelings for someone." Nick smiled and pulled out the Sunflower seeds she gave back to him, and placed some in his mouth.

• Love
Reactions: T E R R O R
6:50 am, Morning, Day 6.

Joshua managed to sleep some hour and a half to two, before his eyes drifted open, he yawned. "Hey, Oscar. Wake up." For some reason, Josh didn't mind Oscar sleeping on him, or the warmth he had. Josh leaned against the tree, looking up it was day time. Pulling out a watch, checking the time, it was 6:50 in the morning. Josh looked around, those who didn't sleep stood on guard fatigued looking; and those who did looked semi-alive again or were still fast asleep.

~Jocelyn~
Jocelyn walked back into camp, looking around at the other Scavengers, they were tired. Jocelyn smiled as she saw her little "brother" Josh asleep with Oscar, they were cute looking...together. Walking up to some food that laid there, she grabbed a bar and chowed down. The night was long, but she was glad to see that the sun had returned, bringing massive heat, which meant the nights would no longer be frigid. Looking over to a sleeping Derek and Nicholas, she laughed a little, Nicholas had dumped his sunflower seeds into Derek's hair, both of them would be a little upset when the woke.

[BCOLOR=transparent]___________________________________________________________[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]
KXTEGZNm.jpg
V
i didn't go to sleep, at all. She was on watch. She was near the front of the camp. While watching everyone sleep, she was thinking about everyone. Kenzie of course was the main person she cared about. Jocelyn, she was a badass just like Vi. Even though they butted heads, they were still cool. Joshua...next. Nick, Vi didn't know what to think of him. As long as he doesn't hurt Kenzie, Vi won't have to hurt him.
[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Vi then thought about Jay...her ex. He was the total opposite of her. He was rational and he thought before he took action. That was probably the reason why they got together and the reason they broke up. Vi looked his way, while he was sleeping. He was still sexy as ever. When he started to wake up, Vi looked away. She went back to watching everyone and everything...like nothing had happened.[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]___________________________________________________________[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]
012eumbm.jpg
J
ay had been on a supply hunt all day yesterday, he hadn't been around for the mutant brawl. He was glad too, he heard that their was at least two Black Widows! He would have lost it. When he woke up, he could see Vi in her usual spot. She was watching everyone. Jay wondered if she would ever go to sleep. Sleep D
eprivation wasn't a good thing to have in the wild.
[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]He stood up, putting his AR-15 on his back. Jay walked over to Jocelyn. "Hey! Jo, what happened last night. I was out supply hunting...I get back and mutants attacked! Together?! What the hell." Jay had a confused look on his face, with his glasses and expression, it was hard not to laugh at him right now.[/BCOLOR]

Oscar
Oscar smiled as he finished up on fixing his sister's bike then wiped his forehead with the back of his hand. "There, all fixed." he told her before getting up. She tried it out and smiled, "Feels like it's brand new! Thanks Osseh." his sister said as she rode down the road then back up again. HIs father patted him on the back, "You sure do have a hand in fixing things son." he said. Oscar laughed a bit, "That was easy though dad, I'm stronger in medical things...but maybe I could try that..." he told him. His father smiled, "It's a good thing you said that becauseee, I want you to help me fix the car later on." he told him. Oscar puffed out his cheeks and laughed, "Sure..i'll give it a try. My old man's getting old now?" he joked before his father laughed with him. "Not too old to wrestle you." he told him before putting him in a headlock and ruffling his hair. This was a great day. The sun shined brightly, he could smell mom making lunch, and his sister was having a good time racing the dog back and forth with her bike. Then...it ended....

Oscar blinked his eyes open, he couldn't believe that it was all just a dream...a stupid dream. He also didn't realize that he had fallen asleep on Joshua's lap and snapped up. "Shit, sorry lo-...I mean J..erm I mean Joshua." he said before standing up, obviously embarrassed. "I'm just gonna go for a walk..." he told him before grabbing his gun and walking not noticing a tree as he ran right into it. He rubbed his forehead, "I'm ok!" he told him throwing his hands in the air before turning around. God that was embarrassing...I hope it wasn't obvious...Shit what if it was obvious!? thoughts began to race through his mind while walking over to the cliff area and sitting down to watch the sun rise. He didn't know why but this was one of the few things that reminded him of home since him and his sister use to always watch it together. He sighed, "Just calm down Oscar.." he told him before breathing in and out. He brought his legs up to his chest a bit and wrapped his arms around them before watching the horizon light up.

Kenzie

Kenzie rubbed her eyes a little as she opened them. She had fallen asleep leaning up against a tree, close to Vi. She tried her hardest to not fall asleep, but that plan didn't go so well once Vi made dude she was well fed. On a fully stomach, Kenzie could never fight sleep. That was unless she was being chased down my a muntan.

Getting up slowly, Kenzie stretched out her body as well as she could. Sleeping in the cold hard ground had made her muscles feel all tight and stiff. Something she didn't like one bit. Especially if she had to climb up a tree in a moments notice.

~Jocelyn~
Jocelyn smiled up at Jay. "Hey, Jay. Yeah, Two Black-widows, a Fucking huge ass Tank, and a standard Dome-head. It was like they planned it out. You should have seen it last night. Josh had to run out there and get them to come in. It was weird, they were trying to get us to come to them." Jocelyn was in deep thought as she remembered the night before.

"What the hell just happened?" Josh woke up Oscar, he freaked and then stumbled over his words, ran into a tree and walked off. "Weird." Josh shook his head and got up, rubbing his eyes, then looked off into the direction that Oscar had left in. -Got to admit , Josh, his not bad looking.- Josh smiled and shrugged. Walking over to, Nick and Derek, Joshua bent down. "Nick, Derek this is your conscious speaking. You two will give Josh your dinner for the next two days, wait no week...or els" Josh was cut off by Derek punching him in the stomach. "Cousin, this is your conscious speaking, shut up and back away from me." Josh laughed and took a seat on the ground, and laid back.

• Love
KAIDEN

Kaiden didn't end up sleeping well during the night, waking up several times for some reasons. He had moved over to a tree during the early hours of the morning resting against him was his M110 as per usual. His eyes were fixed on the road ahead that he had walked back down to the group, the stern welcome he got already forming doubt in his mind, however he knew survival and strength came in numbers. Looking back to the group he noticed everyone was beginning to wake. Deciding to jump down from the tree he stayed at the base of the trunk. It was close enough to the group but still kept his distance. He chuckled softly at Josh's attempt to get food.

It was early and already the games start, Walking over to the camp he decided it was best for now, taking a seat on a log he remained silent looking over everyone, nothings changed.

[BCOLOR=transparent]
KXTEGZNm.jpg
Vi turned to see Kenzie waking up. "I guess my cooking really got you this time." Vi started to laugh, she had forgotten all about last night's argument. Kenzie was one person Vi couldn't keep a grudge with. She would be hard on her a little worse now though. Vi saw Jay talking with Jocelyn...Vi isn't the jealous type, well she "SAYS" she's not. Vi and Jay weren't even together anymore. Still, seeing Jocelyn and Jay talking made Vi uncomfortable.
[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]
012eumbm.jpg
Jay stumped his foot. He was thinking. What would make the mutants want to work together?
"We need to watch those mutants closer. Way closer then ever before. There might be way more working together like that." Jay didn't know what was going on, but he would find out...like he always did. "Thanks for telling me that Jo. I'm going to go sit down and contemplate this news." Jay gave a small smile and walked back to his resting spot...this revelation was irking Jay. Why in the world would these mutants decide NOW to work together like this?
[/BCOLOR]

Kenzie

"Always has. But you knew it would."
Kenzie smiled over at her. "You trust me enough to have your back in battle. Now you need to trust me enought to watch over you at some point today so you can get some sleep." Worry in her eyes. She knew how Vi was. She let very few people in her inner circle. And Kenzie felt blessed to have her in her life. But at the same time she worried about Vi. And not getting any sleep wouldn't be good for either of them in the long run.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Justin
[BCOLOR=transparent]
KXTEGZNm.jpg
V
i was at first about to say she was fine. Vi usually was the last to sleep and the first to rise. Her and Jocelyn were always up longer then everyone else.
"Well fine...but if anything, I mean ANYTHING happens, you better wake me up. I'm serious Kenzie." Vi didn't want to sound like a nagging parent or something...it just came out like that. Wow maybe she was really damn tired. Vi laid down near the tree. She fell fast asleep...all she could think about was annihilating all the mutants in the whole damn world.[/BCOLOR]

Kenzie

She smiled proudly as she watched Vi fall asleep. Shaking her head at the fact that Vi had just also managed to sound like her father. Kenzie took watch right next to her, keeping look out but also watching the others as they woke up. Well the ones who had fallen asleep anyway. The last thing she was about to do was let her down again.

"What the hell just happened?" Josh woke up Oscar, he freaked and then stumbled over his words, ran into a tree and walked off. "Weird." Josh shook his head and got up, rubbing his eyes, then looked off into the direction that Oscar had left in. -Got to admit , Josh, his not bad looking.- Josh smiled and shrugged. Walking over to, Nick and Derek, Joshua bent down. "Nick, Derek this is your conscious speaking. You two will give Josh your dinner for the next two days, wait no week...or els" Josh was cut off by Derek punching him in the stomach. "Cousin, this is your conscious speaking, shut up and back away from me." Josh laughed and took a seat on the ground, and laid back.

Oscar
Oscar yawned, the sun was now fully show and looked beautiful, earning a smile from him. He took out some water and drank it before standing up and stretching. When he heard crackling and rustling, he knew something was behind him. His breath began to pick up as he turned around slowly and met eye to eye with a black widow. It was staring at him, ready to attack whenever it wanted to. Once it saw him reaching for his gun, it charged after him making them both fall off of the cliff...well..it left Oscar hanging from the cliff. "Really!? In the morning?" he scold as the mutant fell to it's dome, something that Oscar would be doing if someone didn't help him up soon. "Guys!" he shouted out as he began to slip and the not too strong rocks began to crack. Either two things could happen, it could crack and he could fall or he could lose his grip and fall..he hope none of these would be it. "Little help!" he shouted out again.

Oscar
Oscar yawned, the sun was now fully show and looked beautiful, earning a smile from him. He took out some water and drank it before standing up and stretching. When he heard crackling and rustling, he knew something was behind him. His breath began to pick up as he turned around slowly and met eye to eye with a black widow. It was staring at him, ready to attack whenever it wanted to. Once it saw him reaching for his gun, it charged after him making them both fall off of the cliff...well..it left Oscar hanging from the cliff. "Really!? In the morning?" he scold as the mutant fell to it's dome, something that Oscar would be doing if someone didn't help him up soon. "Guys!" he shouted out as he began to slip and the not too strong rocks began to crack. Either two things could happen, it could crack and he could fall or he could lose his grip and fall..he hope none of these would be it. "Little help!" he shouted out again.

Josh was in the middle of laughing at his cousin, who found seeds in his hair, when he heard a distant cry for help. "Shut up, Derek. Did you hear that?" Josh looked around, hearing the cry again. "Yeah, sounds like it is coming from the riverbed area." Josh stood, still listening. When Derek mentioned the Riverbed, Josh remembered who was at the riverbed. "Oscar." Josh took off running, leaving behind his gun and everyone else, he could possibly run into mutants out there, but he wasn't thinking straight, he was only thinking of one person, Oscar. Running out there, he looked around, When Oscar cried one last time, Josh ran in his direction, "Oscar!" . Seeing his hand holding on to the fragile cliff edge. Josh watched it slip, and at the moment he felt more scared than ever before. Diving for the edge, but not slipping off, he caught Oscar's wrist and pulled him up.

• Love
Josh was in the middle of laughing at his cousin, who found seeds in his hair, when he heard a distant cry for help. "Shut up, Derek. Did you hear that?" Josh looked around, hearing the cry again. "Yeah, sounds like it is coming from the riverbed area." Josh stood, still listening. When Derek mentioned the Riverbed, Josh remembered who was at the riverbed. "Oscar." Josh took off running, leaving behind his gun and everyone else, he could possibly run into mutants out there, but he wasn't thinking straight, he was only thinking of one person, Oscar. Running out there, he looked around, When Oscar cried one last time, Josh ran in his direction, "Oscar!" . Seeing his hand holding on to the fragile cliff edge. Josh watched it slip, and at the moment he felt more scared than ever before. Diving for the edge, but not slipping off, he caught Oscar's wrist and pulled him up.
Oscar
Oscar sighed and closed his eyes, if someone didn't come soon he would fall and most likely die. He only had one hand holding on now, the other hand kept slipping off every time he tried to get a good grip. Maybe he could pull himself up? He tried that, the edge of the cliff would always cracked more when he did. He was running out of options and time. One finger gone, what could he do? There was nothing else he could use to push himself up or to give him a boost. Two fingers gone, his hand started to tire and turn extremely red as the circulation was beginning to cut off. Oscar was now beginning to fall, his eyes were sealed shut as he waited for the end. Yet there wasn't an end, only a strong hand grip around his wrist trying to pull him up. He opened his eyes up slowly and saw Joshua. Oscar grasped onto the edge and helped Josh and himself pull him up onto land. When he finally got up, he plopped down on the ground and looked up at Josh. "Thank you Josh..Ugh the thing stuck up on me...didn't even hear it at all." he explained as he sat up and grabbed his weapon. He chuckled a bit, "I'll probably never come back over here again...Unless I feel like dying." he said catching his breath as he ran his fingers through his hair then stood up.

Last edited:
Oscar
Oscar sighed and closed his eyes, if someone did come soon he would fall and most likely die. He only had one hand holding on now, the other hand kept slipping off every time he tried to get a good grip. Maybe he could pull himself up? He tried that, the edge of the cliff would always crack more when he did. He was running out a options and time. One finger gone, what could he do? There was nothing else he could use to push himself up or to give him a boost. Two fingers gone, his hand started to tire and turn extremely red as the circulation was beginning to cut off. Oscar was now beginning to fall, his eyes were sealed shut as he waited for the end. Yet there wasn't an end only a strong hand grip around his wrist trying to pull him up. He opened his eyes up slowly and saw Joshua. Oscar grasped onto the edge and helped Josh and himself pull him up onto land. When he finally got up, he plopped down on the ground and looked up at Josh. "Thank you Josh..Ugh the thing stuck up on me...didn't even hear it at all." he explained as he sat up and grabbed his weapon. He chuckled a bit, "I'll probably never come back over here again...Unless I feel like dying." he said catching his breath as he ran his fingers through his hair then stood up.

Josh was breathing a little heavy as he laid on the ground. Looking up to Oscar. "Yeah, I would appreciate it you don't die l...Oscar." Coughing, Josh stood up. Josh looked over to him, and then back to the cliff. "Maybe if you need water, take someone with you, or go further up stream." He chuckled and patted Oscar on the back. "So, let's go back to camp." Josh laughed and walked for the camp,

Oscar
Oscar looked over to Joshua, he smiled a little to himself when he told him he didn't want him to die. Though probably everyone didn't want people to just start dying, it was a little more special hearing it from Josh. He nodded, "But...I wasn't looking for the water. I came up here to look at the sun rising and I guess it heard me and started to walk up when it spotted me." he explained. Oscar huffed, he walked slowly behind Joshua with his hands in his pockets as his thoughts took over him. He watched him walk from behind and gave positive comments even if they were only in his thoughts and never to come out. After breaking the stare, he looked towards camp. "Looks like mostly everyone is awake." he said before returning to where the now burnt out fire pit and people were. "Feels like it's going to be a very humid day.." he said. He hadn't felt one single breeze yet and as the sun kept rising, the air was getting more and more stuffy and thick.

Claire
Claire had hardly slept through the night, despite the constant heaviness of her eyelids. She had managed to take apart Bullseye completely, as well as clean it and put it back together, but still, sleep had failed her.

The sun was bright in the sky, pounding on her eyes and making her sweat. She sighed and inched her back up the tree, standing on wobbly legs. She looked over to Derek, but he and Joshua seemed to be obsorbed into other things. Never before had she wished she could be apart of the parties, but ever since the death of her Sister, she had become more distant from the group than before.

There was a hole inside Claire, and it was growing and growing, threatening to swallow her whole. If that happened, she'd be dead for sure. She didnt want to leave Derek. She wanted to be closer to him, but as she watched the life drain from Coral's eyes, walls were thrown up around her heart. She couldnt be hurt again.

With a sigh, she started a walkaround of the camp, bullseye at the ready.

Nikolai had spent the night out hunting, he didnt get much sleep. His rifle was over his shoulder and he had returned with no food. But throughout the night he had managed to kill quite a few mutated. He walked back into the camp and sat down near the campfire and put his arms behind his head. He sat snugly and watched the smoggy air above him.

Status
Not open for further replies.