The Banishment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ryan Mach

Ryan saw the three he had chosen to go with him, but there was one thing that his Grandfather taught him was in a fight for life and death you had better be ready to trust those alongside you to have your back at all times. He looked at the three of them and realized that he was seeing something in their eyes...doubt. In a situation like he was getting ready to ask them to go into with him doubt was the one thing he couldn't afford to have in this crew. Doubt led to fear and fear led to bad decisions which always led to death.

There were a lot of things Ryan was prepared to do, but dying with a group that was ready to bail on him when all Hell broke loose wasn't on the list. He looked at his crew and said, "You all better stay here they're gonna need you all here more readily than I will." Very quickly Ryan looked around as he realized that time was running out for him to get moving to the city. He saw Vann, Maverick, and Gail and said, "Okay I can trust them." He approached them and said, "I'm getting ready to head out through the old sewer system to the hill about 100 yards outside of the city. I'm going to take position there get better sense of what we're up against and kill as many as we can from out vantage point. Eventually we're going to move in and help in rescue and recovery. I need you three to help me out because I need people I can trust and who know that I will have their backs."

Just looking at them Ryan knew that this was a better team for him. He also knew that they would have his back this was a bond formed over weeks. This was a bond Ryan was counting on as he pulled a segment of rope and tied it to his right wrist. Ryan said, "Tie it to your right wrists as well. It's pitch black down there we ain't gonna see a damn thing down there. I've walked it enough during nightly patrols I know my way around. One tug means going left two tugs going right. No talking sound carries unbelievably down there, and I know it smells like shit down there but keep in mind two things. One it'll mask our scent two the people in that city are our focus. Any questions or comments speak now otherwise we hit the opening of the sewer we are dead silent."

Ryan took a look around and waited.

@Ritual Lobotomy

• Love
Reactions: Ritual Lobotomy
Vann Carson, Maverick Colt, Gail Nolan

tumblr_mdbdpyO3FU1rshicuo1_1280.jpg 018c893d2ad862d048979d31bda8c8c3.jpg 787324.jpg

As people started planning on actually going, Maverick mumbled lightly. "You are all batshit crazy I swear..." However, he followed Gail down the wall, as she as well accepted the suggestion to actually go all the way back and rumble through what was left of the city. "Fine." He groaned as he jumped to the ground, facing Vann with a frown. "We shall go and get ourselves killed, smart ass." He turned to leave for the warehouse. "I really thought you had more brains than that, mate." Vann growled, demanding him to turn back and face him. Making sure nobody is alarmed by his actions, he grabbed Maverick by his already torn shirt and pulled him closer (Ooc: No, it isn't a romantic moment, they are both fully straight, promise xD), mumbling so only Maverick could hear him. "Instead of acting like a selfish little shit you are at this point, think about how I might have someone there." Maverick glared into Vann's burning glare. Selfish? Was he really as selfish as Vann saw him? Hhe replied calmly, replying with the same angry glare. "Let. Me. go. Carson." Where were Vann and his colleagues when his family was dying under the rumble? Only thing he could have thought about was the image of crushed bodies while police bothered with unnecessary shit. Who was a selfish little shit then? That is, he was only able to think about it for a moment before Vann replied, ignoring his request. "I have a sister there. I am sure you know how it feels when someone you love might be dead and you weren't there. Don't you, Maverick?" It hit the spot strongly and Maverick gulped, responding lightly after a moment of hesitation. "I...I will see what I can find that could be of use." Vann exhaled lightly and let his comrade go. "And I am sorry for what happened to you, OK? I am sorry I wasn't able to help and I am sorry that it was too late. Now I need you to help me and I expect you to. Not because you have to, but because I think you are the guy that will do the right thing. In your own twisted way, but you will do the right thing." Gail smiled weakly and nodded. "We both think so, Maverick." Maverick looked at her briefly before clearing his throat and replying. "I said I will help. No need to make me feel good about it." Vann managed to chuckle lightly. "I am sure you feel like shit." Maverick smirked back at him before he headed towards the warehouse. "Please. I AM the shit."

By the time, Maverick got back with the backpacks filled with needed items, Gail and Vann were already armed and ready. Lifting two decently heavy backpacks, he offered them to his comrades. He looked at Gail and smirked. "I do hope you can handle it. It is quite heavy." Gail frowned lightly and grabbed the pack. "Oh please. I am pretty sure it can't be that heavy..." But it was darn heavy and it took all of her focus and strength to put it on her back with holding onto her poker face, not showing her struggle. "What on earth is in this thing?" Vann asked as he took his pack. Maverick chuckled. "Well, let us just say you shouldn't be shaking it and throwing it around a lot. You might explode." Vann frowned uncomfortably. "If I die from your chemical mumbo-jumbo before I am decently killed by one of those things, I will be seriously pissed off." Gail finally managed to laugh for the moment. Yes, they were arguing ever since they got together, but more and more, they seemed like a twisted family as the time passed by. Vann and Maverick reminded her of a pair of older brothers, determined to prove their point no matter what it takes. Just then, she noticed a familiar face approaching them from the crowd. "Ryan? What's up?" She addressed his as he approached. As the time went by, she was certain, that Ryan was probably one of the toughest guys they had. His condition presented no obstacle for him. Regardless all of the herbs and medicines she had prepared for him over the weeks. Gail couldn't help but grow fond of the guy. "I'm getting ready to head out through the old sewer system to the hill about 100 yards outside of the city. I'm going to take position there get better sense of what we're up against and kill as many as we can from out vantage point. Eventually we're going to move in and help in rescue and recovery. I need you three to help me out because I need people I can trust and who know that I will have their backs." Trio looked at him, then at each other. It was pretty much the first time somebody said it out loud. They just appeared out of nowhere, two supposedly criminals and an ex scavenger. They were hardly a team people would easily trust, but there they were. After thinking briefly, Maverick nodded. "I do agree with the idea. It should give us a great advantage. I like that." He wasn't the kind of person that would praise just anyone, but what he heard pleased him. Vann and Gail nodded in agreement. All three of them accepted the ropes Ryan gave them. "Tie it to your right wrists as well. It's pitch black down there we ain't gonna see a damn thing down there. I've walked it enough during nightly patrols I know my way around. One tug means going left two tugs going right. No talking sound carries unbelievably down there, and I know it smells like shit down there but keep in mind two things. One it'll mask our scent two the people in that city are our focus. Any questions or comments speak now otherwise we hit the opening of the sewer we are dead silent." Vann nodded. "Sounds like a plan." Maverick tightened the rope and smirked. "Lead the way, mate. It is all on you." He was yet unsure whether to trust him fully, but if Gail was the one who said so many good things about the guy, he must have been good. From time to time he had wonder if there was something going on between those two.

@MST3K 4ever

Last edited:
Jocelyn
Jocelyn sighed as she listened to Tobias. She didn't want to be separated, but what else could she do? She figured that most of the people who performed well in a fight would want to go, which left the base camp empty. She needed someone here, someone that she could trust and knew it better than anyone else. That was Tobias. What could she do? Leave Tobias angry with her, that was going to float around in her mind and distract her from everything. "Adia, take everyone and go. I'll catch up." She told the brunette. Walking after Tobias, she sighed. "Hey!" She called out. When she saw that he just kept walking, she groaned. Jogging up to him, she stopped him by putting her hand on his shoulder. "It's not that I want to be separated from you." She told him. "It's just I need someone here, but if it hurts you...come." She said. She had nothing to hide from him at the city, most of her secrets were buried. Mika and Delilah were both dead, and well she didn't want to relive the hurt that came with thinking of them. She hadn't informed Tobias about them, the fact she had a kid, or the fact she was engaged before. She knew he wouldn't care, well she hoped he wouldn't care, but she just needed to find a way to tell him when she was ready. And she took a chance going to the city, and if one person in particular was there, Aaron, then he could basically spill every secret she had. "I can't go, knowing you are mad at me. Because I'm not going to be able to focus on surviving." She told him.
Interactions: Tobias @T E R R O R

Adia
Adia watched as Maverick had left with Ryan. She sewer wasn't a fun place, and she even once went with Ryan to explore it. Mostly cause she wanted to see what it was like down there. She had been in the ground before, a few times actually, in a black widows nest. After killing the two that inhabited the place, she went in and found some of the things needed to poison a certain Frankenstein that blocked her path from a town. Once the beast was poisoned, he fell asleep and Adia went to work on killing it. The poison wasn't enough to kill him, but rather put him in a coma.
Hearing the sound of Jocelyn's voice, telling her to head out, she nodded. "Okay." She said. She then moved towards the gate. "Let's go everyone!" She yelled out. She normally didn't see herself in a leader position, in fact she didn't feel like one. This was just saying, hey let's go before we all fall asleep. Walking through the gates, the team got on the road, and was ready to kill and find whatever mutant was out in the city, and find and save whoever was still alive.
Interactions: EVERYONE going through the valley.

Joshua
Joshua looked over to Oscar as he came out of the barracks. It was good to see him back in his old clothes, and with a purpose again. It wasn't like Joshua didn't want him to be back into this state, but he wanted to know that he was completely healed and nothing out there would set him back in his healing process. For some reason, Joshua didn't show people that he cared for them, but with Oscar it was completely easy to tell him he cared, and to show he cared. Oscar meant a lot to him, and when something threatened his world, than Joshua felt protective and might go world war three on someone.
Hearing Oscar say something to the group, he sighed. "Retrieval and survival." He noted and turned to the gates. Moving out of the small community he headed towards the valley. The valley was Oscar's real test, if he could withstand the harsh heat. Joshua's worry level will be cut in half. He knew Oscar could point and shot a gun a lot better than the weeks prior to this day, thanks to his retraining out in the woods. Joshua didn't go out into the woods with him, giving him his time alone, but anyone who could shot a gun well helped Oscar get back to his marksmen rank.
Interactions: Oscar

Kenzie

Kenzie walked over taking a spot by Nicholas as she watched the other leave. Hating the fact that they were risking their own lives for people who turned their backs on us. But she knew deep down it was the right thing to do. It was a code most of them lived by. And they would be no better then the ones who had banaished them, if they didn't go to help. "Looks like you are stuck with me again buddy." Nowhere near her usual bubbly tone. "So what's the plan?" She asked as she watched the other leave her view. Never once looking up at him.

Over the last few week she hadn't spent nearly as much time around Nicholas as when they were out in the open. But then again she'd pretty much closed herself off from everyone. Except from Vi, who she got a daily yelling at from. If the girl could have climbed that tree she would have been knocked right out of it. Kenzie couldn't help but smile a bit at the thought and only hopped she came back safe. Even tho she hated every moment of them being apart, she knew it was for the best. Vi needed to be on her A game. And with her there that wasn't going to happen.

Tobias
Tobias stuffed the hand that wasn't connected to an injured arm into his pocket as he tried to let off some steam, he needed to just just and calm down before his anger most likely got the best of him. There wasn't much else he could do about the situation really, he didn't want to go against his own girlfriend. Despite that, he still didn't feel like separating himself from her once again after he literally just got back a few minutes ago. Normally he would allow this to happen, but something inside him told him repeatedly that it was somehow the right thing to do. He would be worried sick about her, not concentrating on anything because all of it would have gone into worrying about her and if she was still alive or not. He knew all too well that she was a very strong female, but even the toughest people seem to fall in the harshest situations. The male was so deep in his thoughts that he didn't even hear her call out to him in a shout, so he just continued to walk until she ran up and stopped him. He gave off a long sigh then looked at her in the eyes, a stern facial expression displayed upon his face. He began to listen to her carefully, some of the things she told him were hinted before, but never actually explained or anything like that. The male sighed once more as his anger and any other negative feelings drifted away from him. He nodded in agreement, "Yeah, alright. Go on and get to the city now, don't want to be left behind. I'll be here when you get back, just see to making sure you get back.." he sighed to her and put on his best smile he could have in a situation like this. "I'm not upset with you, just make sure you get back here ok?" he asked once again then pulled her into a hug and a longer kiss and watched her walk off with the rest of her team.

Oscar will be posted after the team gets into the mission more.

3kZRUzq.jpg
[fieldbox=", purple, solid"]
"Okay, perfect plan." Vi liked Ryan's plan of attack, she usually just ran in and hacked and slashed...I mean it worked for her, but everyone has a different style of combat. So apparently, Ryan, Vann, Maverick & Gail were The Hill Group, and Adia, Joshua, Oscar, Amber, and her were the City Group. That worked for her, even though she was still annoyed with Joshua, as long as he didn't get them killed, she could care less. When Oscar asked what the plan was, Vi walked over to him. "I'm surprised you're up and walking again...but the plan is Ryan, Vann, Maverick and Gail are going through the sewer to the hill. The rest of the group who are going, inlcuding me and YOU, are going through the valley to the city. We are going to lure the mutants towards the hill group...then we kill all the bastards! Fun? I know." Before walking out of the gate, she turned to Kenzie...she didn't show her emotions a lot to anyone, but Vi nodded towards Kenzie...that was her way of saying "I Love You...And I'll Be Back." She put two fingers to her forehead and then pointed them at Kenzie, smirking and then she walked out of the gate.

Vi knew now that the Valley was going to probably have those same mutants from earlier...so everyone would have to be on their toes. "Everyone just stay the fuck quiet...while we get through the valley." She turned to the City-Valley Group, this was serious...if Vi was willing to be quiet, then you know it was serious. She wasn't around for getting ambushed and attacked, that was her job.

I: @T E R R O R @Rieezy
M: @Autumn_Burns_Red @Ritual Lobotomy @MST3K 4ever @IceQueen

[/fieldbox]​

Ryan Mach

Ryan looked at the other three and said, "If I pull up on the rope it means we are stopping. Other than that let's go." Ryan led the group to a manhole cover, removed it, and said "It's go time." Without any hesitation Ryan climbed down the ladder and waited for the last person to climb down. Once they were in the sewer Ryan slid the manhole cover back into place. Ryan closed his eyes for a second and then reopened him. Although as dark as it was Ryan wasn't sure if he really had.

Nodding his head in time with a rhythm in his head Ryan began to move out. He felt the rope tighten up as the others were keeping up with him. In his head the song "I've been everywhere" was playing loud and clear which Ryan was using as a map. The rhythm of the song told him when to turn and also established a cadence for the group. It was another trick that his Grandfather Ken had taught him. Using other senses and memory tricks to "see" in the dark.

Ryan and the group were moving along at decent pace, and then Ryan gave a pull up on the rope. He walked forward two steps and gave a slight tap with a shotgun shell on something up above. He took a step back to the group and pulled the two closest people to him. Ryan said in a voice just above a whisper, "Believe it or not we made it. This opening puts us about 300 yards from the city but about 100 yards from the hillside. Go ahead and untie the rope and just pass it into the next person's hand." Once Ryan had the rope he put it in his pocket and said, "I have no clue what we will see up there so have your weapons ready to go now." Ryan pulled out his shotgun and said, "I'm going to open the cover if you don't hear any blood curdling screams from me that means we're safe and come on up. If I start screaming it's up to you what you do next. Come on up and fight or go back about 50 yards and turn right then go straight 10 that will put you at the drainage tube. It's sloped down that's why we couldn't go through it. Your call either way"

Ryan took a deep breath and went to the opening. He removed the cover slowly and peeked out. Ryan climbed all the way out and the sights and sounds of the city going to Hell were even worse up-close. Ryan shook his head and said, "Lord have mercy." He peeked back down and said, "We're good let's go." He waited for the last member of the team to get out before he slid the cover back into place. Ryan looked to the hillside pointed to a grove of trees on their left and he said, "One of us in the grove." Ryan pointed next to an alcove and said, "One in there and one in the grove next to it. I'll take the far right grove. Two rules one anyone who thinks we got a chance to move in for damage within the city go. We will follow the only way we get through this is moving as one. Two if it's not human it dies."

Ryan looked at the group and said, "Thank you all for being a part of this. Let's get moving we got people counting on us. Good luck and Good hunting" He then glanced at Gail and said, "See ya later."

With that Ryan was charging to his spot and took a position in the underbrush. He pulled out his weapon and waited for something to come into his line of sight. He said, "Well it seemed as good a time as any."

@Ritual Lobotomy

Last edited:
  • Love

Adia
Adia hadn't thought to wait for Jocelyn, but the group moved slowly at first. They hadn't wanted to waste their energy on the march across the valley, but there would be no worry about that. The smoke cover had basically cut the level of harsh sun in half, and the temperature of the valley had at least a twenty degrees difference. This aided the group tremendously, seeing that the heat could have caused some to become dehydrated and fatigued. Though the heat was only half the battle, the mutants living below was a whole other problem. However, it seemed with the city in ashes, most mutants would be found there. Not a single mutant was seen in the valley, pulling animals like deer, who ventured out into the valley with the new temperature change, underground. Adia knew this wasn't something to be taken lightly. She remembered as a child a storm had crossed the land and cooled the valley, she sat in a tree with a pair of binoculars watch the feast of the beasts. Every animal that wondered into the desert was lucky to live for more than five minutes, before being taken underground with their screams being the last thing that escaped them. Adia shook the memory from her mind, and marched on.
It took a mere, safe, forty minutes to reach the forest. The cloud cover may have made the valley an easier trip, but the forest was darkened completely. It was as if the unit had just moved into midnight. Adia sighed. "Be on the look out, and listen to abnormal noises." She called out to the group. This was not in their advantage. Any number of mutants could attack them, and they wouldn't see it coming until it was too late. But, Adia hoped that the mutants were taken to the city by the burning flesh and mixtures of chemicals that filled the air. "Joshua, which way is the city?" She asked, seeing that she had been there only once, and she was nursing a wound when the truck took the group there.

Joshua
Joshua hadn't spoken to anyone since they left out on the trip across the valley and the forest. He didn't want to allow anything to sneak up on them, and kill anyone...okay maybe Vi, but even then Joshua didn't really want her to die let only by a mutant. She and he may have butted heads on a few matters, but Joshua knew she was a good asset to the team. He hope she saw why he said she wasn't his type, especially when he already had a crush on someone else. That would eliminate one of the many aspects that they didn't get along for, he thought he might of insulted her by saying she wasn't his type, might of felt like he called her ugly...thought with the ego that Vi had, that wasn't likely. When Adia asked about the direction of the city, Joshua closed his eyes and thought about it for a moment. This was one of his techniques to see in the dark, envision the map you had drawn of the place in your mind. Joshua had always done this since he was a kid, and it worked each time. "Head north, two miles out from us." He said.
It didn't take long, seeing that the team was moving swiftly today, and not leaving a single person behind. Though the group stopped when the forest broke, and the city came into view. The lighting was dimmed, but everyone was able to see better than they were in the forest. Joshua gasped at the sight of the city. The flames had died down, but somethings were still on fire. Buildings were collapsed, and mutants seemed to roam the entire area. At least thirty mutants were easily spotted from the position that the group stood. Joshua shook his head, and looked at the hill Ryan spoke previously about. He could see them moving into their positions.

Nicholas
Nicholas looked over at Kenzie when she said that both of them would be staying behind. He did agree that she should stay here, that was no telling how many mutants were in the area of the city. Though he still didn't know why she was talking with him. He had spent a good week thinking that she was mad at him for some reason he couldn't think of. "Yeah." He said nonchalantly. He sighed and put his own feelings away, the point was she was talking with him now. "Make sure the fort is held down, and protected." He told her. There wasn't much to the plan, they just needed to keep base camp safe and sound.

Last edited:

tumblr_mdbdpyO3FU1rshicuo1_1280.jpg 018c893d2ad862d048979d31bda8c8c3.jpg 787324.jpg

Three of them descended after Ryan into the manhole. Vann being the first after Ryan, Gail in the middle and Maverick as last. "Smells like shit in here." He wrinkled his nose before they disappeared in the dark. The entrance was tricky, taken that they were all connected by a firm, rough rope that spared no one that would fall behind the unusual line like that of prisoners. Vann had no problem whatsoever keeping the pace with Ryan. Already being through a lot before, he was quite experienced and capable of following the daring male without tripping. Gail simply tried and follow the sound of footsteps, hurrying to keep the pace where two of her insecure steps were one Ryan's and Vann's confident step. Sustaining form complaint, Maverick followed decently, hopelessly trying to see anything, lifting his legs ridiculously high and if anyone could have seen him at that point, he would look no better than a private on drugs. They said nothing for the entire time as they moved through the tunnel, somehow managing to avoid detection of those ridiculously accurate new mutants Adia and him discovered not so long ago. But even though he couldn't forget that ugly son of a bitch that jumped out of the ground then and there, there was also another thing that he couldn't get off his mind. He speeded up when he felt the rope tightening, meaning he was falling behind. Making the wrong step, he twisted his leg and bit his lip not to swear out loud. As if his mind could be read, Adia's smile gave him trouble even with her not being around. He simply wasn't able to help himself. From the day he first managed to catch a glimpse of it, he usually preferred making her at least smirk every time they greeted in the past few weeks. As the time went by, he was somewhat relieved that he was able to have a decent conversation with someone that didn't make him want to rip his ears off not to listen to whines and shallow subject. It seemed to him that she knew he had more brains than other gave him credits for. Yeah. It had to be it. Why would otherwise a girl like her bother at all? And why the hell would he be as confused as a god damn teenager around her, trying to make her feel good about wasting her time talking to him?

Ryan pulled the rope and Vann obeyed, pulling Gail and Maverick in eagerly though they were hardly ready for it. Gail winced lightly in pain as the rough rope wrapped tight around her wrist scratching over her sensitive as hell skin that she was not proud of. As beautiful as it may seem, it was hard to handle during the scorching sunny days and rough materials. It got scratched and burned easily. "Ouch..." She whispered and jerked when Maverick slammed at her from behind, swearing under his breath and pushed her onto the Vann's back. Even though she was thrown out of balance slamming quite hard into her huge hulky comrade, Vann didn't even budge. Why would he? He was at least ten times Gail. She could feel he turned half way behind to check on her when she tapped his arm instead of his back, letting him know she was fine. Disoriented, just when he spoke did she notice that Ryan was now standing somewhere between her and Vann, whispering so lightly she had to lean in to hear, trying not to invade his personal space too much. Not like anyone of them could tell where the hell is each of them at that point. "Believe it or not we made it. This opening puts us about 300 yards from the city but about 100 yards from the hillside. Go ahead and untie the rope and just pass it into the next person's hand." All three of them did as they were told, and handed the rope back to Ryan. "I have no clue what we will see up there so have your weapons ready to go now." He didn't have to tell them twice. They were all armed, alerted and ready to go. "Like a stinkin' Jack in the Box." Maverick mumbled and cocked his gun. Gail accepted the reference and set the crossbow, replying with the somewhat dimmed clown-like chuckle. Only way she could get her mind off things at least for the time when she needed her mind clear was to get back at the time where for Maverick and here, everything was only shits and giggles. "I'm going to open the cover if you don't hear any blood curdling screams from me that means we're safe and come on up. If I start screaming it's up to you what you do next. Come on up and fight or go back about 50 yards and go straight 10 that will put you at the drainage tube. It's sloped down that's why we couldn't go through it. Your call either way" They hear Ryan said and just as if they made a deal to do so, all three of them chuckled at the same time as if they heard the best joke ever, but staying quiet and saving your bare skin was bigger priority that piss your pants with laughter. Vann said what all three of them held in mind. "Go back? Do you think we would et this far if we pulled back on every scream we heard? Highly unlikely, my friend." It was a valuable lesson his sister taught him that faithful night when he almost died in the claws of the pack of hellhounds. Later, in the hospital, he had asked her why would she risk her life not knowing if he was even alive. After she heard the blood curdling scream of pain Ryan was talking about. Laughing by his bedside she replied: "As long as it hurts, you ain't dead yet." It was what they both shared. They never left a comrade behind. Dead or alive.

They waited patiently as Ryan opened the lid and climbed up, listening to what would happen next. Instead of screams, they heard a simple saying. "Lord have mercy." The trio looked at each other, questioning, before Ryan's head appeared above the opening. "We're good let's go." They climbed out the same way they went in. Vann being first, Gail in the middle and Maverick coming out last, straightening up to the view of a complete destruction. As cold and collected as he was usually, he still couldn't help but shiver lightly and gulp to the sighting of what used to be the promising community. Then again, even though he doubted any of them was still alive, he had an incredible urge to give a decent beat up to the governor ending it with a spit in his face and 'I told you so...before you laughed at my face and dismissed my pathetic expendable ass'. He already had been through the shock, and now, there were two people he knew that maybe were facing the same thing, one of them being Gail his long term friend; so close to be called a sister. He did his best to be as positive as she was. He often admired her for it, but he couldn't make himself believe anyone survived the carnage. Only managing to catch a glimpse of her face as she was passing by, he came to conclude the heartbreaking truth. She wasn't so sure herself. He snapped out of it when Ryan started giving out orders. "One of us in the grove." Gail quickly nodded. "On it!" Then he spoke again, pointing at the alcove. Maverick smirked. "Just as if you made it for me. Dibs." Being a good shooter, it was a perfect place to spot and eliminate the threat. "One in there and one in the grove next to it. I'll take the far right grove. Two rules one anyone who thinks we got a chance to move in for damage within the city go. We will follow the only way we get through this is moving as one. Two if it's not human it dies." Vann placed himself in the second grove, putting down the backpack Maverick handed to him. He was unsure how could he be of any help being a close-ranged fighter, but as if he read his mind, Maverick waved at him and pointed towards the backpack. His mouth formed a simple sentence. "You WILL need it." He nodded, slightly confused as Ryan spoke again. "Thank you all for being a part of this. Let's get moving we got people counting on us. Good luck and Good hunting". Taking up and securing their positions, they were as ready as ever to play their part. As he passed by Gail, he greeted her. "See ya later." Feeling a bit awkward, she was still somewhat happy that he did. She smiled lightly and nodded. "Please. Take care." She wasn't sure if it sounded way too awkward even though she cleared her throat lightly, but he didn't seem to mind.

Vann opened the backpack as others took their aim. Insides of the backpack looked like the insides of a colossal Easter egg assembled by a crazy scientist. Shard bombs, explosive matters, some blades and even a small sized molotovs. He couldn't help but laugh, amused and happy by the diversity of weapon he was assigned with. The kid was darn smart. ,ore than he dared to show. Maverick briefly took his glare off the field to smirk to his comrade. "However you mix them, shit will explode or burn. Good thing you didn't hit it on anything. Knock yourself out." Vann saluted briefly and started arranging customized and homemade weapons when the first shot sounded through the silencer on Maverick's gun and he chuckled deviously. "Piece of cake." Rumble in the bushes, and they were about to have the time of their lives...or deaths.

@Autumn_Burns_Red
@MST3K 4ever

Last edited:
4a3fdd8916a2e7c4cae392ae96c84914.jpg

Skylar "Sky" Finlay Carson

"This is the last one mate." She said as she stuffed the last bag into the place of a broken window. "Now, you really think that will do anything at all?"

Skylar Carson tapped the bag of sand and sighed, somewhat annoyed, before she turned to look at the short and somewhat chubby, mid-aged man. "Well", she started. "if we are talking about your physical appearance or mental image of the world...then no, I am afraid not." Light chuckles of other scavengers in the hall made the male cough lightly and fix his glasses, slightly ashamed. Skylar proceeded. "However! If you were referring to those snappy-chappy thingies that just fucked us up in the ass because of your genius plan, then again no. I don't think it will do shit. But it is the only thing we can do in numbers we are in." It was needless to say that she was sliiightly pissed about all the cockiness that led them to this. Using their credits for staying into the city was enough to force most of the left over Scavengers to keep silent at every stupid thing the city Senate would clinge onto. The short man frowned. "You did not just seriously implied that what happened was my fault?!" Chuckling rudely, Skylar descended from the Great Hall balcony and stood in the center of it. The City Hall was indeed a majestic building. "Then you didn't listen, because I just did."

"Mark my words! Once this is done, I will make sure you and your savages NEVER cross the borders of this city ever again!" The senator hissed at her daringly, although she was at least a head taller and a lot more physically capable. One of the scavangers, the big hulky male, approached and grabbed the man, lifting him off the ground as he protested. "Listen you insolent, ungrateful piece of shit! You and your buddies got us into this! Be grateful that I haven't fed your ass to tanks yet. They would sure as hell have a feast to remember!" Before he went any further, Skylar tapped his arm. "That is enough, G. I think he got the point." Hesitating, the fellow scavenger dropped the senator and nodded. "Besides, if he is so disgusted by our presence here..." She approached the entrance doors and opened one part. The wreckage of the city that appeared ahead was overwhelming. "He is welcome to take a walk with his friends outside. I am sure they have a lot more fun than we do." With that, a skinwalker rushed into the City Hall, moaning and craving for meat. The senator let out a panicky scream just before a tall and skinny scavenger severed creatures head with his scythe. The clean cut was enough to impress present scavangers and send the senator into a puking frenzy in the closes vase he could find. All that seemed to amuse scavangers even more. Skylar laughed. "Reaper justified his nickname just now, didn't he?"

Before the senator could say anything else, one of the scavangers entered into the Hall and closed the doors, barricading them. "They were after me." Skylar lifted her eyebrow questioning. "Who is 'They'?"

"H-hellhounds."

With it, the order was given by Skylar. Calm but confident. "Set the guard! Prepare for defending!", and all of the scavengers rushed to take their positions. The senator grabbed Skylar's shirt in panic. "P-please... Don't leave me!" Skylar tapped his almost balded head. It was funny how all the big bosses became less than nothing when it came to saving their own asses. "We are here to defend, but we ain't your parents nor your babysitters. Find a place to hide and get away from the cross fire, or be stupid and kill yourself. Whatever is more of your liking." She proceeded, climbing up the rich marble stairs towards the circular balcony surrounding the City Hall's dome. One of her teammates hurried to catch up. The blonde girl that didn't seem like much, but was of high value to Skylar fixed her arm bandage and spoke jesterly. "You really think it is such a bad idea to feed the pups?" Skylar smirked. "Was our wild night a bad idea?" The girl looked at her, slightly confused. "Not sure what's that supposed to mean but no. Not at all." Skylar nodded. "Exactly. But we are not savages as they think we are. We better stick to it. Also, hellhounds and I have some unfinished business. I ain't letting a single one in range and letting it get out alive. Especially not alive and with full stomach." The girl nodded, knowing what her vengeance was all about. Being as strong as she was, Skylar never showed how much she was worried about her brother. Hiding it behind drinks and one night stands it was her way to deal with the stress of it. However, not for a single moment did she accepted the fact that her brother might be dead. It was not like Vann to allowed it. After all, he had promised her she will see him again and Vann never broke his word.

There was not many of them left, but their tactics to defend the only fortified building left in the city ruins were flawless. Close ranged fighters waited behind layers and layers of improvised protection in case that it was needed to take out the trash that happened to find it's way inside. The rest of them, the far ranged fighters, took their places along the circular balcony, covering the surrounding area. Embracing her riffle, Skylar aimed towards the approaching pack. "As silent as possible. First those that are the closest. One shot one kill, got it? Let's not make more mess to our fellas downstairs shall we?" Weapons sounded with brief, clean shots, taking down the enraged pack that instantly headed towards the barricades. Blonde girl frowned and looked at Skylar. "Is it just me or they are becoming less retarded?" Not taking her eyes off the pack, Skylar replied. "They do alright. It was only a matter of time and this is the worst possible timing. For them, that is." She grinned and shot another hellhound.​

Last edited:
[fieldbox=", purple, solid"]

When the group had came towards the city, and Vi could see the mayhem going on... she nearly lost it. "What the fuck!" She turned to the group. "Well this is just fucking great, no telling what where going to face in there. Everyone keep your eyes open and your mouths shut, unless you're screaming bloody murder." She took her katana off her back, ready to take those bastards down. That's when she heard gunshots coming deep inside the town. "I think it came from the City Hall... maybe." Vi hadn't been in the city for a while now, but she could still remember where most of the buildings were placed. "Okay, let's get this shit started." She started walking towards the mutants, slicing one's head clean off.

Mood: Angry & Furious
Outfit: Look

[BCOLOR=#000000]Interaction(s): @T E R R O R @Rieezy @Autumn_Burns_Red @Ritual Lobotomy @MST3K 4ever @IceQueen [/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=#000000]Mentioned: No One[/BCOLOR]
[/fieldbox]

Reactions: MST3K 4ever
Ryan Mach

As he sat in the bushes picking off any mutants that he had a shot at Ryan wrestled with a question. Was it worse to be down there in the bowels of Hell that was the city, or watching from a distance and feeling like there was nothing that one could really do? Ryan's Grandfather would tell him that every little bit helps, and that one less mutant running around killing people is always a good thing.

Ryan could see the others in his group, but he had to look for them which meant they were also in a good position to be effective. "Bringing Hell from above" was what his Grandfather would call it, and this crew was doing everything to make sure that was what happened to the mutants. Although Ryan was somewhat frustrated because there were several he could've taken out, but his weapon wasn't great for distance and so he got the ones closest to him All of that being said his idea of getting them in the crossfire was working out pretty good. Considering he thought of it on the spot Ryan was actually semi-pleased with himself.

Ryan could see that things were starting to turn in their favor gradually, but there was still a lot that needed to happen before they could claim victory. He nodded and said, "Okay momentum is with us time to take it to 'em." Ryan stood up, gave two loud whistles, looked over to his left, gave a huge sweeping motion with his arm and said to his crew, "Okay let's wipe 'em out!"

With that Ryan began to move slowly and deliberately down the hill blasting anything in his way.

[BCOLOR=#000000]@Ritual Lobotomy [/BCOLOR]

• Love
Aaron

What could be better than having your home blown up? And the people you care about either banished or eaten? Nothing! Well for Aaron that was his life now. Alone and frightening. When the city fell, Aaron ran out just to be blown by the blast ten feet in the air and twenty feet outward. His arm was broken. Aaron was lucky though, a blast like that should have killed him and everything he ever believed in, but it didn't. Yay, right? It would have been if the apocalypse hadn't started and this was a normal life. The thing about living with mutants running amuck is you never will have a normal, safe, life… ever. You had to survive, and that was where Aaron know had to alter his future. He had survived in the city till now. Could he even make it in the wild with no one, one weapon with barely enough rounds to kill a tank, and a broken arm? It was simple, Aaron wouldn't last a minute. Though his brain didn't get the memo, because about an hour after the blast, Aaron laid on the ground under some light debris. "Help." His weak voice barely made it out of his throat. Aaron wasn't someone to give up easy or early. Still trying to say help, he started to push the debris out of his way with his one good arm. As he did so the lad coughed up a bit of blood. Spitting the iron enriched liquid to the side, Aaron started to pull himself out of the debris and stood, still a bit shaken. Looking at the city in flames, he wiped his bleeding eyebrow, sniffling a bit. Hearing the sounds of distant mutants, Aaron looked towards the sound of gunfire. Walking a bit, he noticed something shining out of the corner of his eye. Looking at the object he smiled. Walking to it, he picked the object up just as a hell hound charged out of the woods. Aaron quickly turned and fired the 'object', his trusty shotgun, killing the mutant on the spot. Blowing off some of the smoke from the gun, Aaron chuckled. "It'll take a lot more than an explosion to knock me out the game." He said. He then started to walk towards the gun fire, his one arm limp to the side, while the other supported his special shotgun.

Arriving on scene, Aaron noticed a group of people not that far from him. There were four of them spread out in a good defensive mode. Looking past them, as he walked he noticed many mutants fighting with who he thought were survivors or idiots who came to die. Noticing a skin-walker come up behind one of the guys near him, a muscular guy with a beard and slightly long hair, Aaron held his gun up and shot the mutant-bastard in the head. Judging by the now staring four, they had no clue he was there. Aaron kept walking past them, and towards the other mutants.
Interactions: None
Mentioned: Gail, Vann, Maverick (guy with slightly long hair) @Ritual Lobotomy, and Ryan @MST3K 4ever

Jocelyn
Jocelyn looked at the horror that was unfolding before her. Could this really be the place many of them once called home? The sight of the city falling apart was worse than coming face to face with a tank alone. It felt like a part of her was torched away. All he memories that she had left there in her bedroom in the Scavenger apartments was now gone. All the things she secretly hoped to one day get back was now forever out of her grasp. He sadness started to shift into rage, something that Jocelyn did a lot. This is what made her very dangerous on the battle field. Walking a bit in front of the group as Vi started to talk, she stared down a tank that watched them and then began to charge. Jocelyn smirked like a devil. She pulled out her right gun, and fired three corrosive bullets. One into the mouth of the demon, one into the chest, and the last bullet into his right knee. The beast screamed. Jocelyn was correct on upping the amount of corrosive material she placed into the bullets. She laughed at the beasts pain, and moved on to the next mutant that dared cross her path. Jocelyn seem to be a defender of god as she fought; however, even she recognized the importance of her team.

Ryan Mach

Ryan and his crew made their way into the heart of the battle still somewhat maintaining their line. Considering the distance they had between them it was going pretty good for them. A few slipped through here and there, but as long as there were no humans in danger Ryan wasn't too upset. For him now it was more about saving the people and not killing just to satisfy a blood lust.

As he walked by what appeared to be a dead woman Ryan felt something grab his ankle. He almost shot without even thinking until the woman opened her eyes and was trying to say something. Ryan knelt closer and in a ragged voice she said, "Save our…treasure…save our…treasure…." She was pointing to what appeared to be an abandoned one floor library. Ryan looked back at her and she was almost in tears pleading with him, "Save….our…treasure! Please….two cities…save……" With that the woman was dead. In most cases Ryan would've ignored the pleas, but the look in her eyes and the sound of her voice struck something in Ryan.

If this gold or silver I'm gonna be pissed that I'm about to risk my life for material wealth.

He stood up, pointed to the library and Ryan said, "I gotta do this. It was an honor." Ryan gave Gail a quick wink and was in a sprint to the library.

Ryan made his way inside the library and it was clear the mutants had little or no respect for literature as the library was completely trashed. Luckily the fire from outside gave Ryan more than enough light to work with. As Ryan walked through the library he saw two dead humans laying in front of a book case along with a few dead mutants.

It makes no sense what so ever. There was no way out for them and no strategic advantage it was a suicide….

Then it hit Ryan as he saw the book A tale of Two Cities. Ryan saw two pieces of cloth from a display case and used them to cover the dead bodies. Ryan then pulled out the book and the case slid part way open revealing a door. He opened the door and in the room he heard voices suddenly go silent, and feet moving towards the back.

Ryan said, "It's all right I'm not a mutant."

Just then eight figures began to emerge not just any figures, but children. The oldest appeared to be about nine and the youngest was about five. Ryan nodded slowly and said, "Okay then. I'm going to get you all to safety let's go. Everyone grab a hand and follow me" Just then Ryan felt a tiny little hand grab his left hand. He looked down and saw a five year old little girl grabbing his left hand. Ryan nodded and gave the little blonde hair girl a smile.

The little girl said, "poupée s'il vous plait" ("doll please")

Ryan looked at her for a moment and one of the children said, "She has been saying that for the last hour. We don't know what she is saying."

Ryan replied, "It's French she's asking for her doll." Ryan's mother was French and felt he should know something about her heritage, so she taught him French. By the age of five he could speak it like he was born in Paris.

Ryan knelt next to the child and said, "Mon nom est Ryan. Qu'est-ce qui est à toi?" ("My name is Ryan. What is yours?")

The little girl replied, "Lily."

Ryan said, "Bonjour Lily."

Lily said, "Bonjour Ryan. poupée s'il vous plait Ryan. il était de ma maman." ("Hello Ryan. Doll please Ryan it was my mama's")

Ryan wanted to tell Lily she was being silly and to forget it, but then he remembered he was wearing one of his mom's diamond earrings. It was something to remember his family by, and Lily deserved something to remember her family by as well.

Ryan nodded and said, "Oui Lily Nous irons trouver votre poupée." ("Yes Lily we will go find your doll.")

Ryan picked up Lily and carried her out as the children followed him out of the library. Ryan couldn't believe that he had just volunteered to do a rescue mission for a doll. If the others found out about it they would never let him hear the end of it. He stopped and motioned for two other soldiers who were locals. Ryan said, "Take these children out of here. Go through the alley over to my right, and head for the mountain once you get there go over it to the clearing. Two miles to your left is our compound get them there."

At first the soldiers didn't know what to make of Ryan, but after seeing the children and the horror on their faces they didn't care.

The two others nodded and led the children away. Ryan looked at Lily and asked, "ou habites tu?" ("Where do you live?")

Lily pointed to a three story building that had been on fire and where there was the sound of more fighting.

Ryan replied in a whisper, "Of course you live there."

Ryan moved quickly carrying Lily and doing what he could to avoid any fighting. When they finally reached the building Ryan asked, "Le troisième étage?" ("The Third Floor?")

Lily nodded and Ryan let out an exhale and said, "Oh yeah." Ryan put Lily down and said, "Obtenez sur mon dos." ("Get on my back") Ryan stood up after Lily got on his back and they entered what once was the building Lily called home. The stairs were still serviceable but Ryan had a feeling by the end of the night they wouldn't be. They reached the third floor and Lily pointed to the second door on the left. Ryan opened the door and Lily wiggled to get down. Ryan let her down and Lily ran to a couch. The couch looked like it had been used as a bed.

Lily said, "Je dormais. Puis il y avait des sons et ma maman m'a donné à un homme qui a dit qu'il allait me prendre à la sécurité." ("I was sleeping. Then there were sounds and my mama gave me to a man who said he'd take me to safety.")

Lily pulled out a doll with an arm missing and barely any stuffing in it, but she held onto that doll like it was the Holy Grail. Ryan had done a lot of things since joining up with this crew, and seeing the look on Lily's face made him realize that this was one he could always be proud of.

Ryan knelt down and patted his back. He said, "Le temps d'aller Lily" ("Time to go Lily.")

Lily climbed on his back and Ryan got out of the building. Ryan knelt down as he stopped a passing soldier. Lily got off his back and Ryan said, "Get her to our compound via the mountain." He gave the soldier the same directions as he gave the others.

Ryan looked at Lily and said, "Il vous amène à la sécurité. Je vous reverrai bientôt." ("He will take you to safety. I will see you again soon.")

Lily had a sad look on her face and she looked down. Ryan knelt down and put his finger under her chin. He said raising her head up, "Je promets." ("I promise"). Ryan took out his earring and put it in Lily's doll. He said, "Je serai de retour pour cette." ("I will be back for that.")

Lily looked at the earring and smiled. She threw her arms around Ryan's neck. At first Ryan wasn't sure how to react, but then he embraced her with his right arm. With a peck on the cheek Ryan said, "Lily au revoir."

She replied, "Merci Ryan. Au revoir."

Ryan watched Lily walk away and once she was out of sight he sat down on the sidewalk. Ryan knew this wasn't the time for a break, but after what he had just done he felt he earned a moment for himself. He put his face in his hands just let out some deep exhales as he felt a tear fall down his face. His Grandfather used to tell him that even in the darkest moments of conflict there are moments of grace. Ryan used to think that was a load of crap, but once again Ryan realized his Grandfather was right as usual

@Ritual Lobotomy

Last edited:

(Ooc: Be warned. This will be reeeaaaally long post. Is why I am taking this much to figure it out e3e. And hope you don't mind, I am about to aggressively move this story a bit forward. If there are any grammar mistakes I am sorry but I ain't fucking going through it to check xD)

They progressed surprisingly fast, and by each killed mutant, they gained more and more confidence moving downwards, towards the city in parallel formation, taking down the creatures that came in waves. When one would ran out of ammunition, others would cover up and so on. Maverick smirked as he offered a nice and pretty impressive headshot to the incoming hell hound. Even though his eyes started to hurt mildly from the aiming, he was still able to go the long way. And just for a second there, he asked himself...where the hell did he left his glasses the last time? He hasn't been wearing a pair ever since he lost the last one and since then his eyes seemed to be doing just fine, except for a certain amount of painful headaches and tired eyes he simply ignored. He wondered how long will it take for his vision to get worse. So far so good. Nobody had to know that he was as geeky as it gets.

"MAVERICK!"

It snapped him out if his thoughts. Loud, piercing shout, coming from Vann and he learned it meant only one thing. Trouble. Without asking twice he turned backwards and lifted his guns towards the incoming skinwalker, slipping and leaning against the destroyed pillar in the process (Ooc: I can totally imagine this in slow motion xD). However, before he spent a bullet on it, the mutant swayed and growled in pain, before it fell lifeless on the ground. Wiping a cold sweat off his face, Maverick exhaled in relief and leaned on the pillar. His shoulder was hurting. "Holly shit man." He looked at Van, but it didn't seem like he was the one taking it down so he turned to Gail. "Holly fucking shit. Nice shot." Gail shook her head and nodded behind her. "Thank him." Only then had he seen a decently tall, muscular male, putting down his shotgun. Needless to say, he looked like absolute shit and he didn't seem to care. Resuming his stand, Maverick nodded to the newcomer. He was oddly familiar, but he simply couldn't put his mind to it. "Thanks. You are an ass savior." Instead of replying, the guy simply proceeded, walking forward into the city. "Hey! wait..." Vann called out, but he was interrupted by Ryan's sudden announcement. "I gotta do this. It was an honor." On which Gail nodded and looked at Vann as Ryan ran off. Vann clenched his jaw and nodded. "Let's move."

For a while, the three of them moved deeper into the residential area, after the guy that made his appearance. Maverick hurried forward and walked beside him. "You are either skilled as heck or foolish enough to move around like that alone." He took a glimpse at the guy's arm. "What the hell happened?" He seemed to be completely forgetting about the rest of the group that was now falling behind. Vann and Gail walked slowly, the silliest duo ever. "Where are you planning on searching?" He asked and she looked around. "The turn should be here somewhere. Hard to tell with all this debris laying around." Vann nodded. "I see. And you think it is worth it?" There was a moment of silence as Gail stopped and sighed. "Look. If you think I am delusional enough to believe I will find them safe and sound, then you are an idiot." Surprisingly, Vann was nowhere near shocked by her response. He learned, through the teamwork, that there was more to that girl than meets the eye. She continued, now offering him a glare full of determination and anger. "The real reason that I am searching is different. Much different." He didn't mean to, but he was about to ask her anything else, it would be cut off by a dull underground strike. And even though he was in every mean a former scavenger for an example, Vann couldn't possibly notice it better than Gail that was much more sensitive to changes in her surroundings. She suddenly stopped, blocking Vann's path with her arm. It meant nothing to Vann, resistance-wise, but he knew better than to ignore it. "Wait!" Vann stopped, mildly confused. "You hear that?" No matter how much he tried, Vann simply shrugged, slightly frustrated. "What am I listening to, Gail?" At the same moment, just as if they were telepathically connected. Maverick halted as well, referring to the guy that now walked in front of him (Ooc: Aaron, in case it isn't clear). "I think we are in trouble." Turning around slowly, he faced Gail that nodded and confirmed his doubts. "Well you gotta be shitting me right now..."

Vann replied somewhat mockingly. "I apologize, but I doubt that building will hold just by us not moving." The residential building leaned now dangerously above the group. "This thing will fall." Gail applied more pressure on his chest as he moved forward. "If we move, we're dead." Vann frowned. "If we DON'T move now, we are dead no matter what." The building leaned and moaned more and Maverick groaned nervously through his teeth. "Not the bloody tiiiime!" The noise came closer to the surface and passes under Maverick's feet, towards the Gail and Vann. "We have to move!" Maverick hissed. "You can't outrun that...thing!" Vann smirked, covering up the nervousness. "Oh I am not planning to." Before the figured it out, Vann grabbed a piece of concrete of a decent size as the building detached from it's base, hurling towards the ground. Vann tossed the concrete piece under the falling building and instantly grabbed surprised Gail, running aside. Unable to see them anymore because the first pieces that fell down raised a ridiculous amount of dust in the air, Maverick only managed to catch a glimpse of a decent-sized scorpio mutant reaching for the concrete piece before the building collapsed over it. Sudden silence occurred when the dust settled and Maverick glared into the body of the building now blocking the path. He approached, looking for any space, big enough to crawl through. He shouted out, forgetting about the mutants, the group and the stranger that he met just few moments ago. For the first time he was honestly worried about his teammates. "Gail? Carson! Where are you damn it!" He reached to climb over it. "I am climbing over!"

"No!" He heard Vann's voice from the other side. "We are fine. Go forward. We will find the other way around!" Maverick jumped down and sighed. "You better not pull my leg on this one, Carson." Checking his ammunition status, he grabbed his backpack and moved forward. "Oh joy." He mumbled before he headed forward. He referred to the stranger. "Considering you will have to look at my annoying face, at least until we split our ways, name's Maverick. Good? Good. Nice to meet you." He then moved ahead. He sucked at communication.

@MST3K 4ever > Ryan Mach
@Autumn_Burns_Red > Aaron

Gail smiled at Vann. "Thank you." He nodded back. "Are you sure you want to do this?" Gail smiled and put the crossbow on her back. "Yes. If anyone knows this place, I do. I will check to see if there is anything else we can use along the way." Lying to Maverick somewhat made Vann feel bad, but Gail asked for a simple thing. Not to be disturbed. He had no choice but obey. "You do realize if something happens to you, the special Snowflake there will kick my ass." Climbing up the small pile of debris, Gail smirked. "Good thing nothing will happen to me then. And keep off the ground. Find the group and stay safe yourself." With that, she disappeared between the wrecked buildings. As he climbed over what was left of the building, he felt a mild pain in his leg, but it was far from alarming. Even for him, it was quite an adventure to get on the higher grounds. Luckily enough, due to the utter destruction, it was easier to find a high ground than a plan flat one. In the time of need, it was a major advantage. Only thing, he wasn't really a mountain goat and his climb would seem more than ridiculous to a bystander. Soon enough, as he reached the top, he mover towards the said meeting spot, hoping for group making it all the way there. He had faith, but considering the unpredictability of the creatures, anything was possible. As he heard the shooting not too far away, he jerked and looked around. It seemed to be coming from the City Hall. He stood there for a moment, but in the end, the group was of higher importance. It didn't take long before he heard a familiar angry sounds. It was Vi and he was certain about it. No other female had such strategy. Not that it was the best one, but it for sure worked well as a marker. Vann slid down the ruins and jumped onto the other ruin, approaching the sound. Soon, the group appeared in front of him, pushing their way through the horde. "Hey!" He shouted when he saw Jocelyn emerging from the crowd. "Jocelyn!" He was uncertain did she even hear him over the racket so he slid down more. "They are underground!" He shouted, but before he managed to climb down, the massive tank smashed through the debris and knocked him off, straight onto the ground, further ahead of the group.

Vann gasped for air that was slammed out of his lungs. He managed to duck tank's smashing strike, but instead of striking again, the tank grabbed his leg and slammed him into the pile of rocks and dust before Vann could react. As he struggled to get up before the mutant struck again, he couldn't help but feel how it was more to it than a simple attack and kill strategy they had before. They were evolving. Fast. He was angry and annoyed. Grabbing his machete, he charged at the mutant, managing to cut him several times before it reached and slammed him again.

@Shattered♦Secrets™ > Vi
@Autumn_Burns_Red > Jocelyn

Skylar "Sky" Finlay Carson

4a3fdd8916a2e7c4cae392ae96c84914.jpg

The dust seemed to be settling around the City Hall as the horde pulled back. The Scavengers cheered and celebrated, but Skylar remained collected and frowned. "Oh come on! We fucking did it!" The girl shouted and patted her back. Sky simply replied with a smirk, not taking her eyes of the surrounding area. Boy would those binoculars come in handy now. But seems that some of those things didn't really care what is it made of if it is small enough to swallow. They reminded Skylar of an overgrown bunch of retarded children. As hideous of her as it may be. "Well then, you are stupider than I thought. Too bad." The girl Scavenger looked at her, surprised, before she set her eyes in the hordes that pulled back and hell hounds that sniffed the air. "What do you think it is happening?" Skylar frowned. "Easy. They found something more interesting. And supposedly easier." One of the male Scavengers looked at her, speaking up in a hard Australian accent that she dearly hated, but kept silent about it. "Excuse me? Didn't you say how everyone in this bloody place is dead?!"

"I did." She replied calmly. "Because everyone from THIS shithole is dead. I never said there are no other survivors out there." The male waved his hand and walked away. "You are ay crazy as ya get eh." By the look of her teammate's face, it was certain, nobody was taking her seriously, though she was persistent. Usually, falling buildings were usual after the disaster and no one would batter an eye over it. But today, something was different. It didn't take too long before she and the lookout Scavenger were left alone on the dome, while others joined their teammates and a ridiculously idiotic Senator in the great hall to celebrate surviving yet another horde. Skylar sat on the edge of the railing going around the dome and looked over the destroyed city. The lookout scavenger yawned. "Look. I will be here and will let you know if anything happens, alright? Go take a break." Instead of a reply, she asked him back, seemingly unrelated question. "I wonder how many more parties will they manage to arrange before we are all dead?" he looked at her, shocked by her question and gulped lightly as she proceeded. "We are running out of food, people, room. Soon enough, we will end up eating each other to survive and committing altruistic suicides so others don't have to kill and feel bad about it. Not to mention soon enough you will be drinking your own piss to stay hydrated if the rain doesn't fall any time soon." He stood up and picked up her gun smirking deviously. "That is, if you hope that same rain will not turn you into one of those things if you drink it." The lookout didn't reply, but simply nodded. Scaring the crap out of them was what Skylar did the best.

"Have a nice ev..." She suddenly turned back and ran towards the railing to lean over it once she heard a series of shots. "You heard that?" Jumping off his seat, the Scavenger fixed his hat and leaned forward as well. "Well I'll be damned." Lifting her sniper riffle, Skylar zoomed in on the movement coming from the one side. She saw a group a group of people, pushing their way through the incoming mutants and there was more of those they couldn't see. "We need a rescue mission." Her teammate glared at her. "Are you SERIOUS?! Our people will get killed there!" Skylar growled. "So will they if we don't do something." No matter how much they all secretly hated her will to help anyone possible, he couldn't ignore the fact that he himself would be dead if she didn't stood up for him. He never forgot it. "Eh. Fine. What do you need me to do?" Skylar smirked and tapped his shoulder. "Send out a light signal. Hopefully they will noticed it and head down this way. It will make our job much easier. Don't make unneeded noise." He obeyed and lit the torch.

It was hard for all of the Scavengers to hide their protest and disappointment once Skylar demanded a rescue mission. After several moments, only those that she had expected, joined her. Mister G, the big and hulky Scavenger, the Reaper, swift assassin, the Blonde and the Australian, both skilled in ranged fight and ambush. For Skylar, it was more than enough. As the door opened, they moved out swiftly through the debris, towards the group, following the sound of the bullets.

Gail Nolan

787324.jpg

She sat in the corner of the room that was only left standing on a spot where it used to be their family home. In front of here, there were three neatly made shallow graves. Two bigger ones and another, small one, in the middle. She did it the best she could. Collecting the remains she could find and filling the gaps in with what was left of their clothes was the hardest part, but she let no tear go to waste as she arranged and buried her family. Only after she paid them a respect they deserved, did she slid down into the corner and glared into the emptiness in front of her. She felt pain. Awful pain that burned her from inside and yet, no treas dared to show, only slow, shallow breathing.

She noticed a brown lump laying close to her. She looked at it and smiled. It was her brother's teddy bear. Surprisingly whole and only dusty. She couldn't help but shake away the cold chills that ran down her spine as she picked it up and stared at it's dead marble eyes. All that was left. Not even a picture to go with it, but only a simple, popular toy that her brother simply loved. Embracing the soft toy against her chest, she was again able to hear the dull sound coming from the underground. They were back. She was bruised and exhausted and her hands were dirty and bloodied. She had to fight for her family's remains and now, the same monster was back for it's revenge.

She remained still and numb as the piece of wall fell down to the ground and it barely startled her at all when the giant scorpion-like mutant emerged and hissed. There was nowhere to run as it was blocking the only way through the debris. But not like she even wanted to run. She was indifferent. She didn't care. The creature looked around and stared at Gail, debating whether it was his pray and would it move. Even though she refused to move, Gail tightened her grip around the toy and mumbled silently but angrily. "You don't scare me anymore. None of you..."

Last edited:
Jocelyn
Jocelyn and her team were advancing forward toward the break in the side of the wall. Mutants ran amock; dashing back and forth taking out whatever was in their path. Was this a new defense style? Or attack? Which ever it was they were doing it well. However, Jocelyn had not realized that this 'defense' was simply a distraction. More mutants moved in towards the west of the group, right in their blind spot. The heavy tree cover would camouflage the mutants from anyone on the ground level, this leaving them vulnerable to defeat and death.
Jocelyn killed a few hell hounds, before moving towards the wall some more. The heat from the auburn flames heated the entire area making it truly feel like war in hell. A bead of sweat ran down Jocelyn's face as she kicked a skin walker in the side. The creature fell to the ground, and Jocelyn took her dagger from its holder and stabbed it in the head, killing it. Jocelyn returned the dagger to its rightful place and pressed on. This places was one of the worst disaster scenes Jocelyn had ever seen. The mutants just kept coming, and it seemed like there was no end in sight. She began to wonder if this was the right move coming here? She knew it was, seeing that all of them had a tie to the city some how, but she couldn't help but doubt it on the safety factor. Had she just made the worst mistake as a leader? Ignoring the signs of danger and still pressing forward. Maybe. However, all she could do now was fight till there was nothing left to fight with. That was one of the attributes that made Jocelyn a good leader. No matter how high the odds were stacked against her, she never gave up or gave in.
The wall was about twenty yards from the group, and close enough to make a run for it, but that wasn't an option. Press forward with the group, and move as a unit. The more people to have you six, the better. Jocelyn raised her guns in opposite directions and shot both a screamer and a black widow down. "Move!" She yelled to the group around her. They needed to get to the wall and into the fallen city at all cost. Maybe if they were in, they would have a better chance at making it out of this alive. Seeing that not every part of the wall had fallen, only few, they could control were the mutants entered at and keep them at bay from inside the wall. It was a gamble, but it must be done. Jocelyn moved with the unit forward towards the wall. Each of them fighting with everything they had. Though as the wall was twenty feet away, Jocelyn was blind sided by a hell hound, the beast bit into her right shoulder. She screamed. The pain was almost unbearable. Jocelyn took her gun and fired into the creatures head. This hurt her ear, but it was the only way to get the beast off of her. As it fell to the ground, Jocelyn's arm began to gush blood. At that moment she remembered what Tobais had said, "Make it back okay," Jocelyn felt as if she had failed him in some way, but she knew if she didn't keep fighting and make it to a safe location to badge the wound, she really would have failed him. When Adia had come to her side, she held out her hand in a stop gesture. "I'm fine for now, we need to get inside the city." She said.

Mentioned: Tobais @T E R R O R
Interactions: The Unit, @T E R R O R, @Shattered♦Secrets™, and anyone else I forgot.

Adia
Adia nodded in response to Jocelyn's order. She was right, the group needed to get into the city. Adia went in front of Jocelyn and split her glaive in two parts. Taking the weapon, she tore through many creatures before her; however, more came. The wall was now ten feet from them, but before Adia could take another step, a large beast stepped out of the fallen part of the wall. It was larger than a tank, and had skin the color of mucus. He roared, revealing sharp teeth the size of Adia's leg. The beast then dragged a large stick like weapon out from behind him and roared once again. Adia had never seen something like this before. He was a new creation and by the looks of it a pretty strong one. "Hey, big boy." Adia said, slightly grinning. This was the part her crazy factor took control and she lost all fear in both her heart and mind. This...beast, would be her next victim...or she would be its.

Aaron
Aaron felt a strong hand grab his arm. He turned. The man he had just saved was now looking at him. "Mutants came in the middle of the night. The big ones climbed over the wall, and did their damage and caused the energy chambers to explode along the wall, allowing for parts of it to fall. This let in the other mutants." Aaron bluntly spoke. He wasn't really in the mood to make conversation at a time like this. He then pulled away from the man and began to walk towards the wall again, shooting a dome head in the head, causing some of it's 'brains' to splatter. Aaron heard the man introduced himself. "The names Aaron." He said, before making his way towards the wall. Hearing a loud stomping noise, Aaron turned his attention to the west of him. A large green beast had made its presence known. That was one of the two that had climbed over the wall and destroyed the city's wall. Aaron squinted a little to see a girl starring straight at the beast. She must have been brave or foolish. "I take it your teammates are about to get into some pretty big trouble." He noted, telling the man before Aaron himself made his way to the beast. He knew that they could use all the help that they could get.

Mentioned: Adia, and the rest of the crew.
Interactions: Maverick @Ritual Lobotomy

Last edited:
  • Love
Status
Not open for further replies.