The Banishment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Claire
Claire smiled at Jocelyn, but she was glad she took it upon herself to walk away, because she had nothing else to say. Words were nothing nowadays. You had to act to live. Words didnt keep you alive.

Claire decided to take her advice, and swung Bullseye over her shoulder. Jocelyn said that they would be moving soon, and it was probably the only time she would get to talk to Derek in a real fashion until they settled down again, and nobody really knew when that was going to be.

She made her way to Derek, who seemed to be engrossed in poking the dying fire with a stick. Claire laughed and turned, leaning her back against his own back, the way they used to talk to eachother when they were younger. She rested Bullseye in her lap, dragging her finger delicately across the blade that was attatched to the barrel of her AK.

"'Sup, nerd."
She sighed and leaned her head back. Derek was still taller than her, only slightly, but she could feel the top of his spine through the end of her scalp. Claire always found it amusing to call him a nerd. She hoped it would lighten the mood between them, hopefully stitch together what they lost, before they had the gruelling task of moving locations once again.

@Autumn_Burns_Red

Oscar
Oscar scratched the back of his head and looked over to Joshua, he looked as if he was in some sort of thought so Oscar kept quiet for the moment. It was obvious that the two had more situations with each other in the last few hours than they ever had before. Ever since the group came out to the woods, Oscar felt as if he was going to let go of a few secrets that wasn't suppose to be brought up into the light. He wondered what everyone else would think even though he shouldn't care. What would Joshua think? He didn't even know if Josh was the same way as he was, he had already been embarrassed enough and that mistake would just top it all off. When he heard him speak, he turned his head towards him and nodded. "I remember you telling me that story, that was the day we split up into groups...I had a feeling I should have been over on the other side helping you guys. Did I tell you that we didn't even run into monster going down the path we took? It was strange...but relieving." he told him and shrugged. "I don't know, maybe they were all retreating or something...or probably sleep. Or maybe there weren't that many monsters down here at that time..." he ended the sentence with a shrug again. He heard growls, roaring, and crackling down the path way and quickly stood on guard while walking. "I guess it's show time." he said looking over to Josh then continued to walk wisely.

[fieldbox=, red, solid]
012eumbm.jpg
W
hen Jocelyn said it was only a dog, Jay gave a sigh of relief. He felt silly that a Screamer would be the first thought that came to mind. Maybe he should work out the kinks on his scope, so something like "that" didn't happen again. "Okay! False Alarm everyone!" Jay climbed down the tree and sat his AR-15 on his back. The dog was a cute dog, he would make an outstanding watch dog for everyone. Jay was smirking...he still couldn't believe that he went crazy over a dog. He shook his head.

[/fieldbox]
[fieldbox=, purple, solid]
KXTEGZNm.jpg
V
i couldn't help but laugh at Jay. He was always the one to think the worst, before anything else. When Vi saw the dog, she couldn't help but fall in love with him. Vi had a dog...before everything happened. Kenzie is the only one who knows about Vi's old dog, Patches. Patches fought off a black widow for Vi, when she was younger. He died, but Vi lived. With a tear falling from her eye, Vi walked over to the dog. "Hey Justice, come here boy!" Vi plopped on her knees, letting the dog lick her. She started to giggle and ruffle the dog's ears.

[/fieldbox]

Kenzie

Kenzie made climbing the tree look like a breeze after she threw the bag and crossbow straps over her body. Sure she was a tiny thing. But she was fit. Finding a branch she could brace herself on she smile a little, placing the earbuds in that she pulled from her pocket. It was the last thing her father had given her.

She had her crossbow trained on the area, ready to shoot as soon as she got a good shot at the vocal cords. Keeping her bow steady as she followed Jocelyn. Only letting the bow down when Jocelyn called back that it was only a dog.

Climbing down the tree faster then she got ou, Kenzie tried ton contain her excitement as she made her way over to The dog Vi had already gotten to. It was times like this Kenzie could show and almost child like personality. It was a quality that you cold either love or hate with her. But it was something that also drew people in. "How could they be so rude to something as cute as you?" She asked as she petted the dog along side Vi, laughing a little as she tried to get away from the dog licking her face. Smiling a little over at Vi, but more of a unspoken looks like you have a dog again. "I'm sorry was I suppose to come down yet?" She asked looking over at Vi and couldn't help but adding "I mean with you being so bossy and all." Teasing her like only Kenzie could. She knew Vi's bossing her around only showed how much she cared, but Kenzie was going to give her hell, just like a good little sister would.

KXTEGZNm.jpg
V
i looked over at Kenzie, she playfully pushed her. "No, now go back in the tree." Vi smirked at Kenzie. She could be a hard ass a lot of the time, but with Kenzie she was only mean and bossy when she had to be. Justice was laying in her lap now, as she rubbed his belly. Playing with Justice just made her think of Patches. Vi could fill tears forming in her eyes. She stood up, with Justice giving a low arf and looking up at her. "I'll be right back." Vi walked to a far away tree, she didn't like to let anyone see her vulnerable. She would punch the lights out of the person who sees her cry.

[/fieldbox]

Bradley & Trenton

Brad's heart stopped, but only momentarily as a dog crawled clumsily from the bushes. He couldn't help himself from bursting out into laughter.
"Seriously though, Jay. You gotta watch out for those screamers --- this one just might lick your face off."
Following Jocelyn, Bradley crouched down to the ground to get a better look at the dog.
"How'd you end up out here, boy?"
Looking up at Jocelyn's comment about moving camp, Brad simply nodded in agreement, pushing himself back into a standing position.

Trent's eyes followed Vi as she walked away, and without stopping to consider the potential consequences (it was Vi, after all), he followed after her.
"Hey, Vi---" Trent stopped in his tracks. Tears were rolling steadily down Vi's cheeks, something that Trent legitimately believed to be impossible up until this point. "Uhhh... You must... really like.. dogs?" Trent backed away slowly, putting his hands up like a shield. He felt as if he'd just provoked an angry bear.

@Autumn_Burns_Red
@Shattered♦Secrets™

Vann Carson, Maverick Colt & Gail Nolan

tumblr_mdbdpyO3FU1rshicuo1_1280.jpg 018c893d2ad862d048979d31bda8c8c3.jpg 787324.jpg

"Hey." Maverick's face remained unchanged while he was snoozing as the dawn was breaking above the trees. "I know you can hear me, genius." Instead of a reply, young and fit male stretched and laid his hands under the head, his simple nylon hammock following the morning breeze. Branch or two, just above him, the red-head girl smirked mischievously."Oh you poor sucker." The beginning of the guard shift was always way too hard to go through for Gail Nolan, mainly because it represented the beginning of something long, never ending and really, really boring. Even so, every situation is how you use it and Gail would sure as hell use this one. Squeezing the branch between her thighs and lower legs, she allowed her slim torso drop down towards Maverick's hammock, leaving her hanging upside down above him. "Oh Maverick, baby. Time to rise and shine." Maverick mumbled a thing or a two, scratching his beard and turning in his improvised bed, facing away from Gail. The redhead sighed in annoyance and frowned lightly. "Oh you did not just ignore me, you ass. You know better that that." It was already five a.m. For Gail and Vann, ever since they were out in the open, that was more than late in the morning. However, Maverick preferred sleeping in most of the time. Clearing her throat and all of a sudden, Gaile took a deep breath and let out a short but high-pitched whistle that echoed through the forest and slammed Maverick straight into his right ear.

Swearing out loud, the male lost his grip on his hammock and slipped down, descending through several levels of branches before he reached the safety net and rolled towards the massive body of the old and tall tree they were settled on. Gail chuckled and shouted out. "You should get your money back!" She was referring to his massive tattoo of dragon wings he had on his back. "They don't seem to do quite a job!" Maverick sat up and leaned against the tree, rubbing his head. He wasn't hurt, but his heart was racing like mad. "What the f... are you insane?" Even though he was obviously pissed, it came out as a calm question. Partially because he was still realizing what happened and partially because of his voice being deep and husky, especially in the morning. "Do you really wish to attract every single mutant ass to mount us here?" Gail laughed and sat back up on the branch. "Well, I don't know. You seemed to have so much fun with that Dome head yesterday. I thought we could all give it a shot." Maverick replied with a mocking, non amused smile and rubbed his left shoulder. It still ached, but the wound wasn't that severe. Only thing the Dome head managed to do was to scratch the skin. "How's your wound by the way?" Maverick peeled off the medical gauze off three deep cuts. It was healing nicely and never got infected thanks to Gail. He was more than sure that both him and Carson would have a hard time dealing with even their blisters if it wasn't for that loud and over-the-top dynamic female. "I think I'll live." Finally managing to get his feet up, he came to the "exit hole" in the net and dropped down to the ground, stretching and cracking his spine. "Well. At least we know the net is doing it's job." Gail looked down. "Oh yes, that is right. Congrats! You were the first one to actually try it out." Maverick sighed and chuckled. "You guys just love the crap out of me, don't you? Now, if you'll excuse me, I am going to take a leak." Blunt and shameless as usual, he always gave Gail more things to joke about. "Pee tight, don't let the Dome heads bite!" He sighed. "Not letting the Dome heads bite would be your job, I believe. Do it well. I will be grateful." The last thing Maverick Colt would like, was to get caught with his pants down. Quite literally.

"Morning." Vann Carson greeted somewhat professionally and distantly, when he stepped back into the camp, carrying a pair of decently fat, brown hares over his shoulder. Maverick lifted his head and gulped lightly. He was far from being afraid of Carson, but he was not indifferent about his somewhat intimidating appearance. He seemed like the kind of guy who could snap you in half by just high five-ing you. Knowing what he had been through before, made him come off as even more fierce. "Morning." Maverick replied calmly, getting back to fixing his shoulder as Gail recommended. Vann smirked and sat on the rock, slamming the hares onto the leaves in front of him. "You could at least show them some respect." Vann smiled and took out his knife, slicing into the hare in attempt to take the skin off. "Nah. No worries. I am pretty sure they don't mind. I already provided a quick and painless death." Maverick chuckled. "Wow. Comforting." Vann didn't reply and Maverick was fine with it. As long as there was no need to argue, he preferred leaving him be. He knew better than being a plain jerk without previously planning it.

The smell of freshly cooked meat soon spread through the air and Gail could feel her stomach protesting. That would be their first meaty meal after three days of berries and grass, not because they failed to catch anything, but because animals rapidly pulled back, running from mutated hordes. Getting any meat at this point simply proved the hunting skill their teammate had. As swiftly as a cat, Gail came down and jumped off the tree, taking her place by the fire. "Ah that smells way too good." She mumbled, sustaining a wave of saliva running into her mouth. They hardly waited longer that absolutely necessary before digging into the cooked pieces of meat. For a while, there was only the sound of biting and swallowing, before Maverick spoke. "Any sign of mutated freaks around?" Vann shook his head, swallowing chewed meat. "Not as far as I've noticed. Guess the wave we had last night were all those that were nearby. We should still keep our guards up."

"Not like we are planning on staying here forever." Maverick replied. "No. But there is only three of us, and dozens of them. Living a day like it is your last might INDEED be your last." Maverick tightened his jaw for the moment, realizing his comment was a stupid one. Gail Nolan, coughed lightly when the bit she swallowed turned the wrong way in her throat. "Say, which way are we going anyway?" Vann thought for a bit, scratching his beard. "I was thinking south, south-east maybe. The warmer it is, the less chance those like Hunchbacks and Skinwalkers could stand it." Maverick nodded. "You can't know that for sure." Vann narrowed his eyes at him. "No. But staying here in the middle of forest where our vision is crowded by trees is a suicide in the long term." Gail shrugged. "South it is. I only hope I will get some darn sun protection along the way."

By the time sun appeared, they already got the long way south, carrying essential things and things they assumed won't be easy to get hands on again. Even though the amount of items was quite large, they still moved fast, careful about their surroundings. "Way too quiet, don't you think?" Maverick suggested and Vann nodded. "I think so as well, yes." Gail groaned. "Clean trail but not a single edible berry. How the hell is that even possible?" Carson pointed to one of the shrubs. "There is your answer." Gail approached the shrub and stood there for a while. "Ok... What the hell am I looking at? This thing isn't even supposed to contain berries." Maverick rubbed his nose bridge. "Not the point." He then pointed to the another bush. "What he was trying to show you is that this isn't a natural trail." Vann nodded approvingly. "Which means something, or someone came through here."

"More likely someone than something." Vann suggested. "Grass is way too beaten for a single step. The group came through here and I hardly believe that Mutants wear shoes." They stood in silence, debating on what to do. Incident from a few days ago made them realize that other groups of Scavengers weren't as ready to cooperate as they thought they will be. "Any day now? We are out in the open, a sitting ducks if you didn't notice." Gail had no joke to drop on his snarky comment because Maverick had a point. Dropping her backpack to the ground, she grabbed binoculars from Vann and climbed the tree. It was a decently high healthy tree and it offered her a decent view of the surrounding area. It didn't take her too long to mark the large group of Scavengers not too far away. It was a large group. Larger than any other they came across till now. Even though, those that she noticed didn't seem too threatening, she knew better than to just BELIEVE they are not dangerous. Last group they met seemed friendly enough...before they did all they could to rob them. After a while, she slid down the tree. "Well, there is a bunch of happy faces there alright. Maybe we should go and say hello?" Vann chuckled but Maverick snapped. "Hello?! Just as we said 'hello' with my bullets to the last group we ran onto?" Vann replied. "They had it coming. It was us or them."

"And what makes you think these are any less desperate?" Maverick asked. Gail scratched her head and fixed her pony tail. "Well, judging by the size of the group and the mood I noticed, I could say, they aren't even close to being desperate. Plus, we could use some hands. These damn things seem to be multiplying in numbers every day we spend in the woods." Vann nodded. "And we could use some experiences if nothing more." Maverick groaned but had no choice. He was pretty damn sure they wouldn't decide not to go just because he said so. "Fine." He finally replied. "But I swear, if anyone farts and I don't like it, I will start shooting asses." Gail tapped his shoulder delighted. "I knew you would be reasonable about this." The male rolled his eyes. "Reasonable about being unreasonable? Convenient." Gail headed forward. "Ladies, move out!" Vann turned to Maverick and flashed him a wide mocking smile. "One lady, that is for sure." Maverick replied with his middle finger sticking straight up and Vann laughed out loud.

"Don't shoot! We're peaceful." Vann announced with his loud and deep voice which was impossible not to hear. Gail always claimed that he could put Screamers to shame. There was no telling if they would take the friendly point seriously or not, but coming out with their arms up should have been enough. They emerged on the clearing on the left side of the foreign camp and Vann repeated. "We're not here to jeopardize you." Behind him Maverick rolled his eyes. "You got to be kidding me. There is three of us and so many of them." He spoke to the group of Scavengers. "If you wonder are we so stupid to barge in like this, ask these two." He leaned against the nearby tree, leaving the spotlight on Gail and Vann. Vann stepped forward. "I am Vann Carson. These are my teammates. Gail Nolan and Maverick Colt. We are all Scavengers as yourself" The glove was thrown, it was their turn to respond either with bullets or words.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: QUEENIE
Derek⊗
The embers of the dying fire seemed to speak with Derek as he poked them to where they no longer burned. He was contemplating the things gone wrong in his life, more like Diana and Anne; he missed them with every fiber of his being, and it stunk to think of them. It was exactly two and a half years ago that he watched them die. Diana was his wive of two and a half years, it was a long journey the two had made. Derek was only eighteen at the time that Diana announced she was pregnant, and Derek was a mature guy for his age and owned up to marrying her without regret, after all he did love her, and nine months later, Anne, was born. He loved the two girls with all of his heart; though two and a half years ago, he was out on a scavenge...which changed everything. It was a normal scavenge for Derek, but with one life changing factor, his daughter had hid in the trucks bed under some netting. Diana had tried to call Derek over radio to inform him of it, but the scavenge was in a area with no service. The team he had belonged to, that contained Nicholas, arrived on the sight in a desolated town only to be attacked by a few tanks and skin walkers. The situation looked ridiculously inescapable and Derek thought to drive the truck into a gasoline tank to cause an explosion that would kill the mutants, though he had no knowledge of his daughter being in the back, who had fallen asleep. After returning home to find, Diana searching the team, Derek asked what she was expecting. Derek remembered the words so vividly in his mind... "What do you mean what am I looking for, Derek I am looking for our daughter, she escaped into the bed of the truck and you had driven off before I could retrieve her...Derek where is she?" Derek eyed the women, and was completely speechless. Derek began to get emotional on the fact he had killed his daughter, and when he broke down Diana knew. She had gone off somewhere, and when dinner had came and passed, Derek became worried and went off to find her; though it was too late, Diana, had hung herself just outside of the back entrance to the town.
Derek throw the stick in the fire, as his eyes swelled with tears, -how can you be so stupid?- Derek thought to himself as Claire came up behind him and placed there backs together. Leaning slightly into her, he tilted his head back some to softly collide with hers. "Nothing..." Derek stopped mid sentence as his voice became shaky, he sighed and leaned deeper into Claire's back and cleared his throat. He was completely thankful to have Claire in his life, even as a friend. He only had four people he could open up with, Joshua, Nicholas, Jocelyn and Claire. He did not wish to open up in this moment though because they not only were not in private and Derek did not wish to let others see him in such a vulnerable state, but because he thought to himself that Claire would need him for her freshly opened wound in her heart. Inhaling deeply, Derek went to speak again. "Nothing much, darling, just thinking...what are you up to?"
@Ayla

.: Joshua :.
Joshua looked around at the scenery, it was so beautiful out here. He always dreamed of being able to live out here, though in those dreams they were less danger and more peaceful, non-threatening living. Looking over at Oscar, he wondered what the mans angle was on things pertaining to others at a romantic level, laughing a little to himself he shook his head and threw the thought out the window. As far as he knew, he was the only one that ever thought of both guys and girls like that. Joshua was so absently thinking to himself, that he almost neglected what Oscar had just warned him about, until he noticed movements, that were not the pairs, in the distance. "I see it, by the way it acts out in the distance, its a hell hound...maybe three or four of them." Josh brought the SKS, that he had slung up onto his shoulder down to a position he could easy discharge the weapon at. "How do you wanna handle this?"
@ForgottenBlood

~Jocelyn~
Jocelyn looked down to at Bradley, who knelt to the ground to interact with the canine. Justice and her had spent many hours together, seeing she had trained the dog since his birth. "Rubbed behind his ear, at the very bottom." As Bradley did so, he got a immediate response of happiness from Justice. Laughing a little, Jocelyn bent down and rubbed the dogs stomach. "He was a dog sighed to the Scavenger unit. I heard that all dogs within that unit where to be put down, I guess Justice found a way out, and locked on to our scent and followed." There was only three dogs for the unit, but they only ever spent time with the Scavengers, and wouldn't take kindly to new "friends" so she figured they would put them down, since they basically exterminated the Scavengers, why not their dogs? Jocelyn's anger slightly raised and she had to inhale a few times to get it to go back down.
@CelestialCellar

/ Nicholas / & ♥ Adia ♥
Looking up from the arrow he played with, Nicholas heard the call from a mysterious man approaching the team. When the man said he was friendly, Nicholas did not let his guard down, when he approached them. Looking closer at the man who introduced himself as Vann, he recognized him slightly from the prison block. Looking past him to the other two, he recognized them as apart of the team that had a few individuals keeping supplies for themselves. "Well Vann, interesting company you travel with. No worries secrets safe with me." He spoke to the other two over Vann's shoulder. "Just refrain from doing so here, anyways I am not the one to talk with." Nicholas re positioned himself to point at Jocelyn who was with the canine and Bradley. "See the blonde over there, she is our co-leader, speak with her about what ever you guys desire, if it is reasonable or not she can most likely make it happen. Oh and by the way try not to yell...Jocelyn can explain why." And with that Nicholas returned to Adia, who sat on a log sharpening her glaive. "Who are they, Nicholas?" She asked as she nodded to the new arrivals. They looked almost like they were guilty in the teams presence, but than again most people did. "Just another Scavenger team."
@Ritual Lobotomy

Claire
Claire could feel the tension in his back. He was thinking about them. His family. Claire couldnt help the stab of envy that poked through her torn heart, but she quickly dashed it away. He had to face the realization that he killed his daughter, and had to see his wife hand. This wasnt the time for envy. As much as she wanted to be closer to Derek, she had to be there for him. He had become so closed off after that happened, and Claire was still trying to chip away at the walls he put aroud himself. Much like the ones she put up after Coral died.

Claire sighed and twisted her body from the waist, twisting her arms around his neck and hugging him. They were not in the most private setting, but there was never a bad time for a little compassion. She had lost Derek to anything besides a friend, and that was a reality she needed to face. They both had lost something near and dear to their heart. They both had a gaping hole in their chest where they tore it out when they left. It was something you couldnt run from. It was inside of you, chasing you, threatening to pull you under the growing mass of grief.

Claire sighed as she hugged him, pressing her cheek against the side of his neck.
"I wont let you go under, Derek. I'm sorry."
She didnt understand why she was apologizing, but it felt right. Ever since Coral passed, Claire refused to cry. She hadnt cried when she died. Not in her burial, or the days following. Those horrible few days after she opened her eyes to everything but her older sister. Crying meant she accepted her death, accepted that she was gone. Coral wasnt gone. She lived somewhere inside of Claire, inside of her heart that she was slowly sitching together, day by day.

"You know im here for you, Goofball. I know its hard, and I can see the shadows pass over your eyes when you think nobody is looking. I know its hard."

@Autumn_Burns_Red

Joshua looked around at the scenery, it was so beautiful out here. He always dreamed of being able to live out here, though in those dreams they were less danger and more peaceful, non-threatening living. Looking over at Oscar, he wondered what the mans angle was on things pertaining to others at a romantic level, laughing a little to himself he shook his head and threw the thought out the window. As far as he knew, he was the only one that ever thought of both guys and girls like that. Joshua was so absently thinking to himself, that he almost neglected what Oscar had just warned him about, until he noticed movements, that were not the pairs, in the distance. "I see it, by the way it acts out in the distance, its a hell hound...maybe three or four of them." Josh brought the SKS, that he had slung up onto his shoulder down to a position he could easy discharge the weapon at. "How do you wanna handle this?"
@ForgottenBlood

Oscar
Oscar grabbed his binoculars and spotted the mutants that were not to far from where they were. He listened to what Joshua was saying, but he had his own views on had to approach the situation. "We don't let them see us.." was all he said before he asked Joshua to give him a boost so he could climb the tree again. Quickly, Oscar switched his gun to a sniper and aimed at the four hell hounds. He shot them dead quickly and quietly, the only sound that was made was when they fell to the ground. "We only make noise when necessary, not alerting other mutants can be beneficial when you don't want to die." he explained before climbing down almost slipping again, but caught himself before he did. "Now if it's a bigger one, we'd have no choice but to get closer to it...I would rather just go around them if we run into anything five times the size of us." he told him and smirked. "Come on, lets not burn daylight...Trust me, we'll both regret it." he said and turned back around then continued their hunt.

Kenzie

Kenzie stood up as Vi walked away. She knew better then to push her limits with Vi right now. She watched as the new comers moved into the camp. Her eyes moving to Nicholas and Adia. She didn't like how he stood his ground much and if they were coming over her she'd rather be farther away. Vi would be happier that way.

Pulling out the sketch book, Kenzie walked over to Nicholas and Adia. Flipping to the page she had been working on, she sat next to Adia, handing the book over. "Have you ever seen them do that before?" She asked looking over at the girl. "It almost looks like they were trying to use some kind of formation." Kenzie pointed out as she looked up at Nick. "How's the head?"

@Autumn_Burns_Red

KXTEGZNm.jpg
V
i was sulking behind the tree, when Trent came by her. Vi couldn't believe this right now. "Are you really trying to die young?" Vi cleared her eyes. She never really got why Brad and Trent, Thing 1 and Thing 2 were always so immature and dumb. Was it some shield for the real world? Well...Vi didn't give a fuck right now. She walked over to Trent, she grabbed him by his shirt. "If you say anything about me crying...over something you know nothing about, I will gut you like a fish."

Vi saw three new people arrive at the camp. She pushed Trent backwards. "Now stop talking and walk away." Vi couldn't be too mad at Trent, it wasn't his fought he was born an idiot. Vi walked over to the newbies. The one named Maverick, Vi thought he was cute and funny. He had a sarcastic asshole personalty, something Vi could admire. Vann, he had better not start trying to take control...Vi would set him straight.
Vi then looked over the red head, Gail. She didn't look like much, just another pretty face...great. Vi was glad that Kenzie stayed away from them, Vi didn't know them which meant she didn't trust them. "What the hell are you doing out here? I mean three people, you must have more with you or something, right?" Vi didn't really care how many people came with them, she just wasn't up for sharing more supplies with more people. Especially people she didn't know.

[/fieldbox]
@CelestialCellar @Ritual Lobotomy
[fieldbox=, red, solid]
012eumbm.jpg
J
ay saw Vi walking behind a tree. She looked upset, Jay knew better then to bother her right now. He started to grin when he saw Vi push Trent. Jay could have told him that wouldn't go well. Jay heard a new loud voice, it was a big man. He was with a red head girl and another guy. When Vi started to question them, Jay knew that they would think of her as a hostile bitch...which would be on point. He stayed near his post, waiting for Jocelyn to say or do something first.

[/fieldbox]

• Love
Reactions: CelestialCellar
Vann Carson, Maverick Colt & Gail Nolan

tumblr_mdbdpyO3FU1rshicuo1_1280.jpg 018c893d2ad862d048979d31bda8c8c3.jpg 787324.jpg

The way young male handled their appearing, left Vann slightly impressed. Either being overly hostile or overly friendly about it would be disappointing, but the male did it just right and he stood his ground all the way through. After eying all three of them, the male replied. "Well Vann, interesting company you travel with. No worries secret's safe with me." For a moment, Vann thought about his words, then turned to Gail and Maverick. If he said he had no idea what he was talking about, he would as sure as hell be lying. Gail nodded, agreeing with the statement and Maverick shrugged and let out somewhat cocky chuckle. "Hey, at least we are famous." Vann nodded, expecting nothing less from Maverick Colt. Even while being imprisoned, he never allowed anyone have the upper hand on making him feel guilty about the things he did. Vann understood that some things were hard to judge when it came to Colt, but his attitude still managed to surprise the oldest Scavenger in the group just when he thought he had seen it all. "Yeah." He turned back to the male that greeted them. "I deeply appreciate that." As the guy looked over to Maverick and Gail, Maverick frowned lightly. "Oh, don't worry. We are not here to leave you naked if that is what you might think." Gail sighed. "What my pal here wanted to say is that when we said we are friendly, we meant it. Easy as that." Even so, the male replied. "Just refrain from doing so here, anyways I am not the one to talk with." As the guy explained Vann where to head next, Maverick glared at Gail. "What? Why are you looking at me like that?" It seemed that her question agitated Maverick even more. "I don't need a babysitter." Gail returned with the same piercing glare. "From time to time it looks like you do." She could see his jaw tighten. As much as he wanted to tell her to piss right off, he would bite his tongue every time. "Jerk." She concluded, breaking the glance.

"Guys. Move." Vann told them, as he recognized the blonde he would need to talk to. Passing by the male, they now learned was named Nicholas and two other girls, Gail wondered how could all those different people work out together at all? Considering there was only three of them and they always had something to argue about, all that was quite surprising. Those were not your average circumstances. All three of them suddenly stopped as one of the girls approached somewhat egoistically. She eyed each of them and everyone reacted differently. Maverick met the female's glance, offering a calm glance back and a smirk, Vann nodded in a silent greeting and Gail frowned. She could tell how the girl was judging her. Female intuition was never wrong. Even so, she wasn't the one to ever start the war and she wasn't the first to start it now. It was still close to no reason to do so. "What the hell are you doing out here? I mean three people, you must have more with you or something, right?" Maverick clapped, delighted. "Oh fucking finally! Someone getting straight to the point. You know, I would like to know that too." Gail thought for a bit, then replied. "Well, I assume as all of you? Being banished mostly." It was unknown if the people here would take that as an insult or as a joke it was meant to be, but it was already said and done, and not like it mattered.
"Well." Vann started calmly as he usually did. "We were settled a little bit up north for several days but the mutant situation got a bit out of control. We mostly moved in search for new hunting grounds. Those things eradicated and scared off almost every animal. We just happened to run onto your camp by accident." Maverick added somewhat comically and sarcastically. "Then we just stopped by to say 'hellou'." Vann ignored his mocking tone. "We thought we could check you out. In case anyone needs something. We have a lot of supplies left." Maverick referred to the female's second question. "And yes, there is only three of us from the beginning. If you don't count the group that tried to infiltrate, gain trust and take us all down, then yes. Three from the beginning. So far so good." Vann nodded but he really wished that Maverick would just let it go. Yes, they made a mistake and Colt used every opportunity to say 'I told you so'. However, the fact is that, even their social relationships with each other weren't the brightest, as a team, they did better than most of the groups they met on the way. Nobody was still missing a limb.

@Autumn_Burns_Red
@Rieezy
@Shattered♦Secrets™

• Love
Reactions: QUEENIE and Justin
⊗Derek⊗
As Claire hugged the man from behind, Derek's eyes swelled slightly, causing a tear to escape his eye. It wasn't something that Derek was comfortable doing, especially in front of other people. When Claire had swung her arms around the base of his neck in a comforting manner, Derek reached about and grabbed a hold of them softly. It was in this moment Derek felt most vulnerable around others. He missed his family, but at the same time he missed what he had with Claire. After Anne's and Diana's deaths, he closed himself off from almost everyone completely, which wasn't something he intended to do it was just the side effect of being depressed 24/7, and it sucked. Derek's grip on Claire's arms tighten slightly and he seemed to pull her closer. He had no clue what to say so he just held on to her. Going months on end without talking with anyone, not even Nicholas, about his feelings about it damaged him.
@Ayla

As the two walked farther into the forest, Joshua couldn't help but think about how well Oscar handled the Hell hounds, picking them off one by one with ease. His mind started to drift and get lost in the man who is Oscar, though he was stunned back into reality as he started to her the running off water in the distance, they were close to the Tropics, it would only be minutes until the two arrived. "So, if you still wanna go, its about a two hundred descend or fall. If your not up from the climb down or up I can carry you down, it's no problem for me." Josh smiled as he stepped over a log. Josh wasn't really up for the whole Tropics adventure, but if Oscar wanted to go he wasn't going to let him go alone or with anyone else for that matter. The Tropics weren't very large and could easily be explored in full with in a hour.
@ForgottenBlood

~Jocelyn~
Jocelyn looked up from Justice and Bradley when she heard Vi yelling slightly. She noticed and few newbies here, two male and one female. She eyed them from a far from a minute noticing the way the man with the beard held his ground with a peaceful manner, and then the man who looked to cool for a group, and lastly the red headed girl who seemed slightly familiar to Jocelyn. Stepping a little ways from Justice she noticed the way Vi acted, with the three Vi should be more careful, she isn't the invincible women and could be killed with in seconds if she didn't watch what she said. Jocelyn looked back to Bradley and Justice, holding her hand out in a "wait" fashion. Walking over to Vi she smiled slight. "Vi the whole half-ass harassment can go take a walk, go let off some steam, and you can take Justice with you." Jocelyn slightly commanded her, but at the same time she knew that Vi needed some alone time to calm down, something had upset her. As Vi walked away a little peevish, Jocelyn looked back at the three. "So you come in peace, huh? Let us just get one thing straight, no one and I repeat no one tries to upset that woman, trust me it is for your own good." Jocelyn laughed a little, before folding her arms. Looking at the man in front of her, he seemed recognizable, but she couldn't quite remember him. "The names Jocelyn. Co-leader of this team, the other one is out at the moment of a supply hunt with another member. His name is Oscar, you'll meet him when he comes back, that is if your planning on staying."
@Ritual Lobotomy

♥ Adia ♥
When Kenzie had walked up to Adia and handed her the sketchbook, asking if she had seen the mutants do this before. Adia eyed the paper, examining the detail of the formation that the mutants had done, and the fact they were even working together. It was too bad, Adia had missed seeing this. Looking deeper into the picture, Adia looked at the Black-widow and then to the Dome-head. "Look here..." She said as she pointed to the slight hook right under the lower part of the Black-widows jaw. "That is their way of communicating, and see here where on one side of the Dome-head seems to be vibrating or moving, it is his way of communicating. They are talking with each other." Adia stopped for a minute, the last time she had seen this kind of behavior in the mutants, was about two and a half months ago, and during that fight she was ambushed by five mutants; it was the easiest fight. "They can't be. Can they?" Adia mumbled just loud enough for someone to hear. "This is the exact way you saw them, correct?" When Kenzie nodded in conformation, Adia sighed a little and brought her hand up to her month so she could chew on the nail. Examining the drawing farther, she noticed how the Tank looked into the direction of Kenzie. "This is slightly difficult to explain, If they are communicating, they have to have a common ground, a common purpose or...I don't know how to say this, but if they are communicating and getting along that means Colossus has been formed, which means the mutants are evolving into stronger, larger, more dangerous versions of themselves." Adia smiled trying to make the situation less difficult to grasp. "There was one other recording of a Colossus, and that was over a hundred years ago, and when that happen the mutant disease spread faster than it ever did before. Basically the Colossus takes the mutants and the disease it's self and amplifies it massively till there is nothing left to infect. It also has the capability of creating more mutants and also new species of mutant. Last time it took a whole army to take down just one of them. If there is one now, then who knows what we are in for." Adia looked back down at the drawing. Nicholas sat next to her listening in and was finally able to say, "My head was fine, till Adia unloaded the whole Colossus thing."
@Kenzie

Claire

Claire allowed herself a small smile when she felt Derek hold on to her. She knew that feeling. Spiraling down into this dark place of grief and sorrow. It felt as if you were the only one who felt that way, the only one who could suffer the way you did. She had been wrong. There was always somebody dealing with loss. With the hole in your heart that took forever to sew up and live again.

Claire closed her eyes for a brief moment before standing up, reluctantly releasing her hold on Derek. She had to face the reality that a future with him was gone. Out of reached. Derek was locked in a faraway place and may never return. A place where she could never go. Even if he returned, he would still be far away, locked up tight. She lost Coral. Now, she had lost Derek.

"We should start moving. Jocelyn is starting to round everybody up for a move."

@Autumn_Burns_Red

Taking in everything Adia was saying, Kenzie bit her lower lip in throught. "The tank was a lot larger then usual last night. The next page has a better drawing of it. Gotta love a photographic memory." She told her as she looked up at Nicolas, then back to Adia. "Last night I had pointed out to Nick that it seemed like they were watching us and it went on for a while." her head spinning from the thought of new muntans. A hint of fear in her eyes. "And the tank wasn't just a normal tank. It was as if he were looking for us in the trees, like he knew we were up there."

Kenzie's job is to help anyone in trouble, make sure no ones getting in a tight area. While sure she's a good shot, almost always hitting a weak spot, even if she doesn't know it. It's great sure, but the problem comes when the muntan forgets about the people it's fighting and only wasn't her. Sure she's good at getting out of a tree and away from the things. Her worry come when Vi gets a little crazy because she's being chased. Sure it's not hard to piss Vi off, people do it everyday. But one sure way to get a death wish, put Kenzie in harms was. And that fact the camp knew. It was one of the perks of being so close to Vi, having a full time bodyguard that will teach you to protect yourself. @Autumn_Burns_Red

As the two walked farther into the forest, Joshua couldn't help but think about how well Oscar handled the Hell hounds, picking them off one by one with ease. His mind started to drift and get lost in the man who is Oscar, though he was stunned back into reality as he started to her the running off water in the distance, they were close to the Tropics, it would only be minutes until the two arrived. "So, if you still wanna go, its about a two hundred descend or fall. If your not up from the climb down or up I can carry you down, it's no problem for me." Josh smiled as he stepped over a log. Josh wasn't really up for the whole Tropics adventure, but if Oscar wanted to go he wasn't going to let him go alone or with anyone else for that matter. The Tropics weren't very large and could easily be explored in full with in a hour.
@ForgottenBlood

Oscar
Oscar caught Joshua looking at him and gave a nervous smile, "What?" he asked blinking before turning his head back around. The sound of the water got closer and the best part was that he didn't hear any sounds or didn't see any signs of mutants anywhere around here. When he heard the offer he scratched his head, "Well, ok. If you think you can I guess it's no big deal." he told him. "Soo um...how are you going to do so?" he asked even though he probably already had a good idea on how Josh was going to do it. "We should hurry up and he back Josh, it's about seven hours till night time." he told him checking his watch. Whenever the time would get close to when night would arise, it would make a beeping sound alerting him that he needed to hurry up and get somewhere safe if he can. "I'm sure we won't be down there that long...Just wanna pick a few souvenirs and explore a bit then we can go back...Unless you want to stay a little late?" he asked while making sure his watch was set correctly.

In the ensuing chaos, Jessica didn't really have time to think. It was either fight of flight. At first she wanted to fight, but relented and went with her group's plan. After all, being a Team Player was very important in situations like these. But when things calmed down, she went back to slinging her Rifle over her back. With seven more hours till dark, what were they going to do? Jessica then kept a sharp eye to make sure there were not any of those things about to attack. Unsure of what to do next, she just kept a safe watch over the rest of the group, kinda like Kenzie, except she was at ground level.

⊗Derek⊗
Standing to face Claire, Derek looked down to her. He could tell that she felt a little bit hurt, but not because of his actions. He hated this, being weak enough to just break down at any given moment in time. The worst part about it was when he did, he started to push others away and he could tell the distance between him and Claire grew. He smiled slightly, trying to show her that he was okay and that his life will go on. "Yeah, we should probably start packing up the supplies." Derek moved slightly passed her over to his bag, kneeling down he picked up all of his belongings and shoved them into the bag.
@Ayla

♥ Adia ♥
Adia looked up at Kenzie, she could tell the girl was slightly frightened. "Well, than there is highly large chance that there is a Colossus here, now." Adia looked at her with seriousness in her eyes. This was no laughing matter, and this was going to be a long journey ahead for many of them. Looking over to the new group, she wondered if they had experienced anything similar, the more cases like this one the more Adia could figure out about the Colossus. "So...should I tell Jocelyn or should you?" Adia looked at Kenzie with curiosity in her eyes. She had no clue how much the girl, or any of them, knew about the Colossus, all she knew was the large amount of knowledge that was given to her by the survivors she ran across and Beady.
@Rieezy

.:Joshua:.
As the two walked closer and closer to the tropics, Josh walked slightly faster coming to the edge and looking down at the best way to descend the large steep wall. Looking back at Oscar, he thought the man couldn't weigh anymore than 140 pounds at most, Josh could climb with almost double the weight on his back. Smiling, Josh motioned Oscar forward. "When ever you want to come back, is fine with me." Turning slightly, Josh faced the opposite way of Oscar. "Get on and don't be afraid to hold on tightly to me." As Oscar complied, Josh walked to the edge, and turned to descend it.
@ForgottenBlood

• Love
Reactions: T E R R O R
Oscar
Oscar walked closer to the edge and looked down, "I-its beautiful.." he said and smiled. There were so many friendly animals living down there that it almost made Oscar think that he was back at home. Looking over to Joshua, he began to listen to what he was saying. "I think I will be coming back here, we're probably the first people of our current group to visit." he said then looking at Joshua's back and nodded slightly before climbing up slowly. "Is this a good position?" he asked and shifted a little before locking his legs around Joshua's waist. He then locked his arms a little tightly so he knew he was securely on Josh's back and wouldn't fall. His head was pushed up on Josh's shoulder so he could look down at the bottom. "Are you sure you're ok? I'm not hurting you or anything am I?" he asked. That would be terrible...I hope he would tell me if I am hurting him...I could always climb down by myself...though if I do the risk of me falling would be greater... he thought to himself. "I could climb by myself if I am...It'll just be a greater risk of me falling..." he decided to tell him that at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.