The Aberration League (An Original Super Hero Roleplay, See inside for Details)

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
how many people do we have now? ; ;

We have 11 I think, I'll be cutting off the sign ups after one more person.

((Bad time to say I made a banner yesterday and this RP picked up so much steam before it got approved, so that's probably why we have an influx of recruits right now xD))

NOPE! 12 People! :D

The sign-ups are now officially closed!

Sorry anyone who comes after this message! T-T

i decided on sonokinesis, gonna be neutral but leaning one way, which way shall be a surprise c:

Sweet, what's your power/lack of powers? :3
If it'd be ok, I'd like to use a concept I've had in mind. I'll give a brief synopsis of it just for justification and reference to her abilities.

Her name is Sin, a young woman who came to meet her fate after being murdered while on her way home late one night. While usually that'd mean the end of ones story, for her it was simply a new beginning. Upon her end she was greeted by death itself, or what mortals through time come to refer to as the reaper. It had an offer for her, a deal that if found agreeable would permit her to remain among the living, but it'd come at a price. Death believed that with the arrival of meta-humans came a dramatic decrease in deaths, which left it feeling cheated. Death believed that the natural order was disturbed and if left unchecked would mean an upset in the natural balance. With this in mind, Death offered for this girl to keep her life among the living world but in return she would become an instrument of it's will, to remind mortals that they are not safe from it's embrace and to reintroduce balance by culling meta-humans from the world.

So that's the basic concept. I hope you like the idea! if not I can always rework it so it fits better if need be. Powers and abilities I thought for her to have a relationship with the dark, I don't mean darkness as in the element, but as if the dark was a living breathing entity that came to life in her presence. Her powers and abilities would be naturally themed by it, whether it was a case of moving in and out of shadows, between them or even casting it to swallow people. Her super weakness would generically be light, as it would greatly decrease what she could do. She 'Isn't immortal' she is most definitely able to be killed or captured, killing her would force her to retreat into the dark till she was able to manifest enough strength to return again, capture would be a better alternative. A prison of some kind of light would render her unable to move till the source was removed.

Also this means you'll be less restrained in dealing with me when we come to trading blows 8) Let me know what yo think!

If it'd be ok, I'd like to use a concept I've had in mind. I'll give a brief synopsis of it just for justification and reference to her abilities.

Her name is Sin, a young woman who came to meet her fate after being murdered while on her way home late one night. While usually that'd mean the end of ones story, for her it was simply a new beginning. Upon her end she was greeted by death itself, or what mortals through time come to refer to as the reaper. It had an offer for her, a deal that if found agreeable would permit her to remain among the living, but it'd come at a price. Death believed that with the arrival of meta-humans came a dramatic decrease in deaths, which left it feeling cheated. Death believed that the natural order was disturbed and if left unchecked would mean an upset in the natural balance. With this in mind, Death offered for this girl to keep her life among the living world but in return she would become an instrument of it's will, to remind mortals that they are not safe from it's embrace and to reintroduce balance by culling meta-humans from the world.

So that's the basic concept. I hope you like the idea! if not I can always rework it so it fits better if need be. Powers and abilities I thought for her to have a relationship with the dark, I don't mean darkness as in the element, but as if the dark was a living breathing entity that came to life in her presence. Her powers and abilities would be naturally themed by it, whether it was a case of moving in and out of shadows, between them or even casting it to swallow people. Her super weakness would generically be light, as it would greatly decrease what she could do. She 'Isn't immortal' she is most definitely able to be killed or captured, killing her would force her to retreat into the dark till she was able to manifest enough strength to return again, capture would be a better alternative. A prison of some kind of light would render her unable to move till the source was removed.

Also this means you'll be less restrained in dealing with me when we come to trading blows 8) Let me know what yo think!

So would she basically be a minion of death who acts as a super villain, killing heroes, villains, and innocents alike to satisfy the needs of a dark entity?

Either way I'm okay with it, I just want to make sure I've got the right idea about who/what she is.

So would she basically be a minion of death who acts as a super villain, killing heroes, villains, and innocents alike to satisfy the needs of a dark entity?

Either way I'm okay with it, I just want to make sure I've got the right idea about who/what she is.
She'd be more inclined to leave villains alone, since their ambitions and tendencies tend to result with the deaths of others. But in rare instances there might be a time when she'll side with the heroes in a temporary truce should she discover a villain is doing something that'd be considered 'catastrophic', since that'd upset the balance in another direction. She might also find times when she'd ally with villains if it suits her goals, but again it'd likely be a temporary thing since it's unlikely their agendas would coincide with her own. So maybe evil neutral? Maybe?

Okay that makes sense!

So would she have 'the death touch' (her skin literally makes people die), or would she be more in line with Ghost Rider (she absorbs their soul/forces their soul to go through judgement and kills them)?

Nah, death touch skin is a bit too much. She'll have her own shiny scythe to swing at your necks ^^

Upon achieving a kill she'll withdraw the soul from the body, from there she has a few choices in what to do with it. She could send it from the mortal realm to greet death, keep it, absorb it or destroy it. Judgment isn't her duty in the same way that it's deaths reaper, but she does impose her own when killing sometimes. For example she'd eradicate an entire room, but would almost always leave children since their souls are young and maintain what she'll call a 'purity'.

Alright that works for me ^^

Great! ^^

Thanks for having me!

No problem!

"Excuse me ladies, but while I'm around, you need to remember that I can LITERATLY send you both to Hell... No arguing, and no soul-taking unless it's mutually agreed upon."

((The Hell thing is explained more in his sheet, which I'm completing now since I've got the IC and the CS done :3))

*Laughs* "You think Hell would keep me? you'd have a better chance sending me to heaven"

"Don't tempt me, Lady Death."

Alright a bit more detail on who I'm playing.

I have a woman with an undecided hero name with a few miscellaneous abilities including minor healing factor/super strength, wings, and claws. Her central ability, however, is telekinesis and telepathy in the style of the MCU Scarlet Witch with a slight twist. Her power source is her own life force. So, she has to limit her usage or she could easily kill herself from overuse. She can pull from other sources of life force and energy to power herself, but separate her from those and she'll be a lot easier to take down. She would be a heroic type.

I also have "Nyra", a female sorcerer specializing in attack magic. She is powerful but inexperienced and rather on the neutral side of things. She doesn't see why she should help, except that she would prefer to not get the "Meta Fever", and that's her only motivation.

Then, since this isn't already on the list and I was waiting to see what would show up, my third character is "Core", a technopath specializing in computers and communications tech. He would be an outwardly neutral type, but has good intentions at heart. He would also have a limited teleportation ability.

"I find your bravado some what entertaining... I might even let you keep yours..." *Smiles with an expression of amusement*

• Love
Reactions: Joan
All those characters sound good to me!

Hopefully by tomorrow/Wednesday I can have the OoC and Sign-Up Thread (two different threads) up and running! ^^

• Thank You
Reactions: Joan
So he has the ability to control the Earth (I'm thinking like an Earth Bender?), or he's just from Earth?

And would his clones have a specific lifetime before they died out or would they stick around for as long as he needed them/before he absorbed them into his body?

Also, T.H.U.N.D.E.R. is the name of the agency funding the team (like how S.H.I.E.L.D. funds the Avengers), not the actual team itself. Just wanted to clarify that since it seemed like a point for confusion.

But to answer your question, you could have him join up with the team under the promise that when he chooses to back out, he's adequately paid for his services.

Yeah, kinda like an Earthbender except he (Deepo is his name btw) hasn't practiced much on his Earth powers, in terms of fighting and offensive capabilities (i.e he mostly uses it for fast travel through land via burrowing and his Selves), so he relies on numbers through his clones to fend off foes-- not to say that a single one isn't capable of causing havoc at all.

The clones are imperfect, semi-autonomous versions of himself and are able to stay alive for an indefinite period of time, but he is only able to bring out a maximum of four clones at a time due to the inability to handle the sharing of his mindscape with his four other Selves. Also noted that should one clone die, all the other clones will follow as well (they gradually fade back into the Earth, as the clones are made by Deepo channeling mystical energies from the planet itself) while the main guy has a sensory overload that comes with experiencing the rush of emotions before the death of a Self times four.

Thanks for clarifying, was a bit silly of me to not understand after reading it again. Also that reason sounds doable, a former treasure-hunter-slash-spelunker-slash-woodsman would also join the team to clear his name of any previous, blackmarket-associated crimes he may or may not have done in the past.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.