Tales of Skyrim OOC

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Martin could probably best Alduin or Paarthunax but in a fight, the Dovahkiin would come out on top.

Lydia and Erik the Slayer, our two Blade recruits so far.

And Hillan, have you created any mods that we might have heard of?

Last edited by a moderator:
I have most certainly done none of the sort, haha.

I've beta tested Gopher's Pumping Iron and Dynavision, but I've mostly spent my time modding my own game with the mods that are out there. :)

"Skyrim - Mod it till it crashes"

Question!
You said that Skyrim is on the verge of war looking for a successor but wouldn't the Jarls just commune a Moot when Ulfric dies?

Reactions: Hillan
Yeah but the they want to take power for themselves. Before Ulfric came to power after defeating the Imperials, power in Skyrim had always been divided somewhat. Not that they were competing for control, but the Jarls more or less ran their own holds independently. When Ulfric wins the war, he assumes more control over the other holds. The power which Ulfric holds is much greater than that of Torygg when he was the High King. Because different opposing factions want to receive that same power, they are hostile towards one another, though they aren't quite at war yet. That is why I left it in this scenario, leaving the choice of whether they are pushed to war in the hands of the roleplayers. So, if things don't get worse, a moot will be called without trouble, but those who are less popular and less likely to be elected might be more radical in their attempts to be noticed. So they could go to war.

Also if some of our characters led a revolt or rebellion of some sort, this might be the action which spurs the other Jarls or claimants to take action and try to assume power for themselves.

Does this make sense? If not, we can go over it, but I thought this would be a likely scenario since it has happened in various points in human history in real life.

Reactions: Hillan
No it makes sense thanks for clearing things up.

Makes perfect sense to me. :)

Where's everyone from, by the way? I like to have a little "Get to know" in the roleplays I'm in, I think it betters the quality of the roleplay in general.

Me myself are born and bred in the howling cold of the north, a savage land known to outsiders as "Sweden", quite scarring.
Oh yeah, also 19 years old, probably insane and been doing play by post for about four years now.

o canadaaaaaaaaaa
terre de nos aïeuxxxxxxxxxx~
ton front est ceinttttttt
de fleurons glorieuuuuuxxxxxxxxx~

that should give you a big tip :)

oh im also 19, like to write :P
used to write fanfiction ho ho but i find that interacting with people is much more fun to do
you describe sweden like skyrim, shouldve made your character a nord ;)

I'm from London, England, where the weather is the most irritating part of existence. It seems to be hotter in autumn here than summer. I'm also an insomniac, so I am very prone to writer's block. It comes often and leaves almost as quickly. I write song/rap lyrics but I don't rap or sing myself, at least not when I'm not alone. And I've been roleplaying for about two months?

I'm from London, England, where the weather is the most irritating part of existence. It seems to be hotter in autumn here than summer. I'm also an insomniac, so I am very prone to writer's block. It comes often and leaves almost as quickly. I write song/rap lyrics but I don't rap or sing myself, at least not when I'm not alone. And I've been roleplaying for about two months?
Heh. Yeah. Sweden's a lot like that, too.
Also kind of an insomniac, but sleep is for the weak.

And, oh shit, two months, really? Damn. Does that make me and my learning curve feel inferior, haha.

Edit: I probably could've made my character a Nord! I have a badass old nord hero who used to be former Harbinger and everything in storage, but it was a little too much to rewrite in order for it to fit the RP, so I went with ripping of two of my favorite characters in gaming history, Cecil and Kain (Nanana, BatKain) from Final Fantasy 4.

No, I've been writing since I was maybe seven? I have a lot of practice writing stories and fanfics, but I'm quite new to the roleplaying scene. I find it easy to do though, since I feel a lot more interested and free when I rp. It's like writing a story with other people whose ideas are unknown, so it can go anywhere. That's what I like about rping.

Aha. Solid reasoning, and I agree. Roleplaying is always more fun than to just write by yourself, the more the merrier.

Though, mind you, Roleplaying has it's own flaws and backsides, just like everything else in life.

So, what things, movies, music, games etc, do ya'll like, as I assume your entire lives aren't based around Skyrim. ( If it is, Kudos to you, that's pretty impressive.)

I love hockey and volleyball! :o zaz is defo like one of my favorite singers :P i dont really stick to one genre i like to pick and choose songs i like. i love tarantino movies, especially pulp fiction (john travolta really does it for me in this one for some reason </3) andddddddd skyrims pretty much the only video game i play nowadays. its too bad i have to run it on lowest settings (and i still get really bad lag)

I play Dynasty Warriors a lot, I dedicate a lot of my life around this game and its real historical counterpart. Also, Drakengard. Though about a decade old, it is a great game, I'd recommend it. Not Drakengard 3, though, but the first one is brilliant and the second one is an alright follow up.

As for music, I listen to mainly rap/hip hop, and my favourite artists are Eminem, Mic Righteous, Devlin and I suppose Dan Bull. I started listening to Coldplay a lot recently too, and one particular Linkin Park song.

Alright, folks, sorry for the inactivity lately. I've just reached a writer's block and didn't know what to do (Do I go adventuring for a bit or do I start the first plans for the revolution?). But now, after countless hours of playing Skyrim (Over-9000-Mods Edition) and reading up lot of lore, now I'm ready to post again (well, ready to post a couple of posts, anyway). So you can expect me to post something soon that is related to the "revolution" I've mentioned earlier.

Reactions: Kinton Nyr
Will do, I was actually wondered when the first rumors of a revolution would come

Hmm, one small question. Is Mercer Fray still in charge of the Thieves Guild or was he already killed? I was thinking about making Brinjolf, Karliah or Si'Basha (or some other player's character) the current Guildmaster of the group, and make a small subplot going on (The WIP slogan is "There are traitors among us...", but it is bound to change).

EDIT: EVEN MORE QUESTIONS!! GREAT!!! What is the current situation of the Forsworn? And what about the Silver-Blood family? Also, expect even more questions to come (probably).

Last edited by a moderator:
Name: Mitanne Soldin

Nickname: Soldin

Race:Breton

Height:5'11"

Weight:134 lb

Occupation: Mage and Warrior currently student at the college of winterhold

History/Background His Parents moved form High Rock to Skyrim 15 years before the Civil War and The events of the Dragonborn his life was OK until bandits raided there town Riverwood he was 15 at the time there house was being raided his grandmothers family heirloom made out of ebony and sapphires
was taken he tried to stop the bandit but it was to late he scared him and ran off he chased after him his parents screamed not to go but when he was outside he saw 2 dead bandits and the last bandit was running from a man in iron armor the man spoke in a language unknown to him but he said 3 direct words fus ro dah he killed the bandit picked up the heirloom and gave it to him he said I believe this belongs to you he left in the fog that covered that morning after that incidence he lived his regular life until he was 19 his parents were witnesses of a dark brotherhood murder and so the assassin killed them as well he lived his own life in riften and is still living there today he stayed at a inn working two jobs a inn keeper and various others he almost had enough to build his own house then he found a sapphire at the bee and barb left by a woman in strange armor he took it it was worth 5000 gold which was enough for his house he built it with everything he needed alchemy table enchanting table and much more today he studies various things and is graduating from the college of winterhold
Personality: very sarcastic and smart he is always studying on alchemy trying new combinations just recently he was fascinated by the dragonborn and is now researching intensely on it he is also studying the daedric princes and he plans to visit the shrines and also plans to visit the places the dragonborn has visited

Appearance: he has pale skin and dark brown hair with almost a orange tint he has blue eye he wears magic robes most of the time and rarely wears regular clothes when out he wears iron armor keeps a ebony dagger his father gave him and a steel two handed battleaxe he uses them if he has to but he mostly uses magic he isn't very muscular almost in between but he had a good punch he doesn't know why though he just has one

Abilities: born with the Breton abilities he has a ring that helps him craft potions and a necklace from his mother that gives him a increase in magic

Skills: Is a impressive alchemist and swordsman and skilled in magic

Additional notes: he knows how to lock pick and is very good at it but he tends to ignore it and never use it unless he has to he also has a sweetheart named Sotteta Valeiu who is nord

Status
Not open for further replies.