Race:
Half-Imperial, Half-Nord

Height:
5'8''

Weight:
143 lbs

Bard, Warrior

History/Background:
Ketty was born to a Nord farmer and an Imperial lady, however, her mother died of an illness when she was still young. After Jarl Ulfric Stormcloak killed High King Torygg, her father joined the Stormcloak Rebellion and was one of those who were captured in an Imperial ambush and sent to be executed at Helgen. Her father managed to evade the dragon, however, he perished in Helgen Keep when he was killed by Hadvar. Ketty went to live in Whiterun with her father's sister Anya and her husband Hurgad Coal-Smoker who welcomed her with open arms and occasionally gave Ketty money in return for her singing to them, and she was showed off to her uncle and aunt's friends. At one point, she was paid by them to sing to an audience which included Jarl of Whiterun, the Dragonborn and Ulric Stormcloak. Shortly before the Battle of Whiterun took place, the family fled to Riverwood. Ketty spent the next five years training in archery with Faendal and practising to improve her singing voice by Sven. Ketty earned her keep in the village by performing tasks and errands, such as delivering things from town to town, smithing for Alvor or watching the shop for Lucan while he was away for a while, thus she was able to pick up various skills from her adventures. In the winter of 4E 206, Ulric Stormcloak began a purge of some of the races in Skyrim, specifically targeting the Imperial and Altmeri races, as a response to a minor Imperial rebellion the previous year, and he attempted to enforce a policy which meant that those of Argonian and Khaajit races could be enslaved by Nords. As a half-Imperial, Ketty feared for her life and fled to the ruins of Helgen, where she stayed with a group of bandits. For the next two years, Ketty was further trained in sword fighting by the bandit leader Carwyn the Fierce.

Personality:

Ketty is a very confident female who likes to help out those in lesser positions than she is, as well as targeting those who abuse their power or wealth, and sees herself as a beacon of justice in Skyrim. She is very quick to judge people, however, she is also very loyal to those who she befriends. She doesn't enjoy taking orders from people or harming people without reason, though on the contrary, she is hot-headed and has a quick temper, which often reveals her more arrogant and sarcastic side.

Appearance:
Ketty Ebonheart.jpg
Abilities:
Resist Frost 50%
Battle Cry
Imperial Luck
Voice of the Emperor

Skills:
Two-Handed
Smithing
Archery
Light Armour
Lockpicking
Sneak

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh, I might have changed my mind.

I don't really have much of a need for a rp character limit so I might accept more characters and roleplayers. I think I will open the IC thread at some point tomorrow but I have a busy schedule on so it may be later rather than earlier.

Name: Lachlan Alder
Race: Imperial
Height: 5'11''
Weight: 174 lbs
History: Lachlan is the third and oldest surviving son of Carwyn the Fierce, who was the leader of a bandit camp. Lachlan grew up in the camp, preferring to study the history and lore of the world rather than hunt and pillage with his fathers and brothers. After entering a feud with the Companions, their camp was destroyed in 4E:199 in an attack, and Carwyn's second son Arkay and fifth son Maechus were killed as a result of the raid. Carwyn led his bandit tribe in wandering for the next two years, as he was unable to settle down into normal life at Rorikstead. Unable to change his plundering ways, Carwyn instead led his family and followers to the ruins at Helgen, where he managed to repel the bandits who had settled there previously, and used Helgen as their bandit camp. Lachlan created a personal library in a secret room in Helgen Keep where he studied in privacy for the next seven years. At one point, in 4E:206, he managed to convince his father to spare the life of a girl, Ketty Ebonheart, who had wandered into Helgen seeking a place to hide.
Personality: Lachlan is shy and diligent, and almost completely lacks confidence in his physical strength. He is however very intelligent and wise, and has a good way with words. Once he has his mind set on an objective, he pursues it relentlessly, although sometimes it may seem as if he doesn't care very much because he is unwilling to share his true intentions with many people.
Skills: Alchemist

Reactions: Kinton Nyr
Name: Viviette
Nickname: Most people tend to call her viv, although she hates it.
Race: Breton
Height: 5'5
Weight: 115
History: Viviette was born into a high class family of high rock who valued reputation and the up keeping of Breton tradition above all else. Unlike the rest of her family Viviette had no magical abilities, this caused her parents to shun their only daughter. Made determined by her parents shame Viviette vowed that if she could not be the best Mage she would be the best warrior, she left high rock when she was nineteen with her bow, daggers and her mothers jewels.
Personality: Stubborn, determined, loyal and caring (if you look closely enough)
Appearance: Long auburn, grass green eyes, pale complexion, she's very thin, has little muscle and she wears black customised leather armour and a hood.
Abilities: Dragon skin
Skills: archery, one handed, sneak & alchemy.​

Nice username Visenya, does it come from Visenya Targaryen from GoT?

Yes! Finally somebody knows we're the name comes from.

Well, I'm quite the GoT fan. I've actually been looking around for any GoT rp's.

Oh, I might have changed my mind.

I don't really have much of a need for a rp character limit so I might accept more characters and roleplayers. I think I will open the IC thread at some point today but I have a busy schedule on so it may be later rather than earlier.
mfw more ppl can be accepted
tell me if anything needs to be changed :)
____________________________________________________________________________________________

Name: Ylva

Nickname: Hides under the name "Geira"

Race: Nord (Skaal)

Height: 5'10"

Weight: 150 lbs

History/Background:

Ylva was born on Solstheim to a pair of Skaal hunters. They lived a hardy life, scouring and traveling the island to live (they did not live in the Skaal village). Ylva was raised adhering to Skaal traditions and at the age of twelve she was already being involved in hunts to sustain her little group. When she was fourteen Ylva encountered a Werebear while hunting alone. As the teachings of the All-Maker decreed lycantrophes to be the twisted work of the daedra, her parents had never informed her of the terrible consequences of drinking it's blood. They had only taught Ylva to exterminate the "puppets of Hircine" with no mercy. Ylva hoped that the beast's hide would prove her worthy of hunting alone but in the blood lust of the battle she took a triumphant drink of her victim's blood, changing her life forever.

After the first transformation Ylva had awoken in amongst the remains of dunmer bandits, having wandered all the way into the ash choked south. It was then she knew what a mistake she'd made. The Skaal girl knew she could never return to her family, for fear of her life and lest she burden them with the task of killing her. Instead, she traveled throughout Solstheim on her own before finding a tribe of fellow Werebear to take her in. They taught her to control her Werebear side throughout the next six years. Ylva thought she'd found her new life then and that everything would be alright. It was not to be.

After a vicious territorial dispute with a werewolf pack, Ylva's clan found false security in their new lands. Little did they know that one werewolf named Hjordis had escaped. With the Frostmoon Pack's strength behind her, Hjordis had her revenge and Ylva found herself on the run once more. Desperate, lonely and fearful for her life, she booked passage to Skyrim leaving her homeland behind. Ylva has since heard of a possible cure to her lycanthrophy in Skyrim and she plans to return to her Skaal family once lifted of her curse.

Personality:
Due to being robbed of two lives in Solsthiem, Ylva is much more wary of the people around her. She loves children and will hesitate to hurt the innocent, having known the pain of losing loved ones. Ylva is loyal to those she trusts and she tries her best not to retaliate or follow the path of revenge as she feels it is not the way of the All Maker. Ylva is too headstrong and prideful however, breaking before she bends. She likes to think that she has matured but in truth, Ylva remains naive to much of the world.

Appearance:
ynETKju.png

WerebearHowl.jpg

Abilities:
Battle Cry
Beast Blood (Werewolf, assuming Werebears get the same effect)
Resist Frost 50% (Werewolf, assuming Werebears get the same effect)
Resist Disease 100% (Werewolf, assuming Werebears get the same effect)
Fortify Unarmed Damage (Werewolf Claws, assuming Werebears get the same effect)

Skills:
Archery
One-Handed
Two-Handed

Additional notes:
She wavers between the line of the All Maker, at times following it and at other times wondering if she deserves to. Carries a Stahlrim Bow and Sword, taken from her mother and father respectively. She has twenty Stahlrim arrows in stock and makes sure to retrieve the arrow heads at the very least, as she does not know how to smith Iron, let alone Stahlrim.
Ylva has trained to control her beast form for six years and as such can control it to a point where she retains human thought once transformed. Too much bloodlust can cause for her to lose control for a while however and she will struggle to keep from transforming under very stressful situations.
Ylva knows nothing of the current situation in Skyrim. Her Skaal family did not meet the Dragonborn and the only thing she knows of the Dragonborn is of his victory over Miraak. She does not care who rules the land and is only there to seek out a cure.

Your characters are fine too. Lady of the Realm, I like the way you took a minor character I used to create your own. Now I have someone to work with from the beginning so that's always good. I'm glad we have various races being covered too; Nords, Imperials, Bretons, Redguards and Orsimers so far. No elves or beast races yet though.

Yeah I'm a little sad there aren't beast races or elves yet. Then again I guess it still makes for an interesting group dynamic.

Also are we going in a particular posting order?

Do you have a preferred sanctuary for the Darkbrotherhood?
Should I use one that is in Skyrim Elder Scrolls or make up a place near one of the towns?
Also should Astrid still be alive or someone else be their leader? Or do you care?

Sorry for all the questions I just thought it would be good to know. This will help with my starting post.

Also, we doing skills based on the game, or based on what would have been used if it wasn't restricted by the fact that Skyrim is a video game? (I'm talking about things like spears)

Let's assume that the Dragonborn in this rp's past only completed the main quest and the civil war quest, and all other quest lines have been untouched. So the events of the Dark Brotherhood questline haven't happened, nor have the Thieves' Guilds or any other questlines. So all characters related to those questlines remain alive, and they are still located in the same places. This can go for the DLCs' events too. Unless of course you disagree, I don't mind much when it comes to the side quests of Skyrim, I only ever followed the Companions' quests.

Also, I don't see why we can't implement new weapons into the roleplay. I assume that spears, pikes and halberds exist in the Elders Scrolls universe regardless of whether it has been featured in-game as of yet. But to keep things simple, I would say that we stay true to the game and the lore as much as possiible, as that is the only form of knowledge we have. But in this instance, I could overlook it, since I doubt it goes against the lore.

Oh, and yes, there are still spots left. We have a 4:2 female to male ratio as of now, and no elves or beast race characters. I'm hoping to see at least one elf and one beast race character before I close sign ups, but I generally intend to close sign ups after about ten characters. I don't want to clutter the roleplay, especially when some roleplayers might abandon the rp.

Okay that's fine with me I hated killing of Astriad so it doesn't bother me one bit.

If I'm the only one who'll be in the dawnguard questline, I'd have no choice but the pick the ending in which the dawnguard survived otherwise it would make no sense that I joined either a dead order or one that hasn't even gotten off the ground properly.
Just putting that out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.