• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Khu.png

The next bout was between Nala and Ashka, Human vs Sith pureblood. Khu didn't care who would win this and only wanted to learn from their fight. She didn't learn much from Primus's fight beside the power of dark side. She had never seen any Jedi Master display that level of skill and power without a saber. If she had to pick someone to win, she'd pick Ashka. Rumors said that pureblood were the some of the strongest in the Empire. Then again, Ashka was a tiny thing and expected her to use quick attacks and feints.

The duel began with the Siths eyeing each other down, one pacing back and forth and the circling the ring. Nala was first to get things rolling by reaching a hand out at Ashka and began using some kind of force ability. Ashka began to move sluggishly and attacked her with a sloppy sweep attack that Nala deflected and responded with a kick. Ashka responded with haste and use the force to push her up in the air to avoid Nala's kick. Ashka then used the force to pull herself back down while taking a shot at Nala's chin. Nala dodged the saber by leaning back and went into a backflip using her hands.

The two acolytes were impressive in Khu opinion and their match was about to come to an end. Ashka lunged at Nala, still under the effected of Force Slow. Ashka was wide open and Nala unapologetically took advantage of this. Nala steps forward and off to the side to dodge Ashka saber. Nala then pulled her hand back and shove her hand into her opponent's face while applying the force to shoot her outside the ring and win the match.

Khu was honestly surprised, she expected more from Ashka. Her last move was just stupid. If Khu didn't know any better, she'd say Ashka wouldn't to lose. It was no concern to Khu, she just learned that looks are not what they seem. "She fought well at least, maybe if it wasn't for that force thingy Nala did earlier, Askha might have been the winner instead."

After that, Darth Chotar gave them the alright to leave and do as they wish. If they wanted to, they were welcome to stay and continue to practice. Khu wasn't sure what she should do, either continue her training or get some dinner. Just as Khu finished that thought, her stomach gave her vicious growl and answered for her. "Dinner, defiantly dinner." She turned around and walked towards the exit. She did take a glance at Riises before leaving. He was speaking to Darth Chotar, probably asking for help with his form. It didn't matter, Riises's business wasn't Khu's.

Khu exited the rooftop and went straight towards the mess hall to finally enjoy something today other than a smoke. She grabbed what was basically meatloaf, cheese, and two bread patties to make a sandwich. She ate alone and refrained from making eye contact with anyone. It wasn't out of fear, but rather she didn't want to give someone a reason to talk to her. Ironically, after getting halfway through her sandwich when she notices Ashka enjoying a salad with a smile on her face and no hint of shame or embarrassment.

Khu stood up and casually walked over to Ashka's table. She didn't take a seat, not wanting to impose and had little plans of talking long. "Yo." She said with a practiced smoothness. "Nice fight earlier. I didn't expect a pureblood to lose even if that chick was doing that weird force thingy." She took a bite of her sandwich and spoke with her mouth full. "Was she really that strong?" She paused and swallowed. "That last attack of yours bothers me. You left yourself wide open I wanna know why. You sitting her going gaga over some rubbish and you just got ass handed to you in front of everyone. " This was Khu, rude and blunt. She didn't even bother giving her name.

@Doctor Jax

Ashkaroth.png

Ashka lazily looked up from the pile of food on her tray to the blonde Mandalorian who'd stopped by to ask her, quite bluntly, about the fight that had just happened. Ashka could still feel the road rash on her face where she had managed to skid against the ground. No doubt, she should have hiked it to the Infirmary first, but screw it -- can't heal on an empty stomach, right? The red-skinned girl leaned her cheek into her hand, elbow on the table, as she took another bite out of her salad, letting the girl get her questions out.

She's got a pretty face, I'll give her that. And feisty! Even better. Though she's got a little bit of that absolutism going on, and I don't know how I feel about that quite yet. But hey, she's a girl who knows how to eat, and that's something.
Gotta own it.

"Thanks for the compliment. I'm going to guess I won't really be getting many of those around here," Ashka answered, blowing on her soup as she polished off the salad.

She pondered her answer to the question that had been put before her. It might be helpful to gain trust in someone. She'd already worked on buttering up the two big guys, barring Half-face, and it could do to have somebody like Khu -- who seemed to already have some martial training -- when things got nasty. Not to mention, there was the fact that she was quickly growing on the Pureblood. Straightforward people were hard to find around here.

Ashka grinned and slowly said, "Sometimes you learn a lot more by losing. There's no such thing as a lesson without pain, and I'm a glutton and an intellectual."

The cryptic admission brought forth a slew of memories, still fresh on her mind, of her previous tutelage. The constant limp. The drugs. The 'erratic' behavior. Throwing every fight to him, to the point she felt like rubber every day. The constant waiting and waiting and waiting... No, there was no lesson learned without pain, and she'd taken that to heart well. She took a sip of her soup, thanking whatever divinities that existed for a place where she only had to watch her back, not her front.

"Nala's smart, but she also doesn't like to wait. She'll take an easy opening if you give her one, and she's cocky. She used Force Slow -- not easy, definitely -- but she still kinda lacks a little bit of finesse. She's vindictive, cunning, and got a mean swing to boot, but she's not physically strong. She relies on the Force to make up for it, which I get. And that lesson's gonna stay right here," Ashka said, pointing to her cheek, where blood had begun to crust. "Besides that, I figured out everyone here's a jerk, besides that Zeltron."

The last quip was stated with a surprising amount of cheer as Ashka took another sip of soup. She patted the table and invited Khu to sit down, seeing as the cafeteria was filling up and lone tables were going to be difficult to find.

"Don't worry, I won't bite. Too sore to," Ashka joked.
[/hr]

@CushAlmighty

DRktwmR.png

With the session ended for the day, Zaxani hesitated, torn between remaining to practice further and perhaps even trying to rope Primus into showing her a few things right away, or returning indoors to pursue other matters. Turning and striding confidently towards the steps leading back down into the Academy, she made up her mind that there would be plenty of other opportunities to make use of Primus and what he could teach her. Before those opportunities came, however, she had a question that needed answering.

Unsure of where to go to find the person she intended to speak with - and loathe to search the endless tomes of the library despite their accessibility - she hesitated at the entrance to the mess hall. Perhaps she could ask someone there where she would find Drascar at this time of the day, or at least discern whether or not approaching him at all would be a wise choice to make. Further tempted by the aromas of a wide variety of foods, she stepped into the hall and made her way to the nearest dish. She gave it a sniff, and once satisfied that it smelled alright, scooped a heap of it onto a plate without bothering to check what it was.

Idly taking one bite at a time, she scanned the room searching for somewhere to sit and gain useful information. Her attention was drawn to the distinct form of the other Pureblood, who sat across from the lippy blonde. She had yet to formally meet of either of the two, and she was curious to begin assessing the strengths and weaknesses of the only other Acolyte here who possessed a right to be here by birth. And, there weren't many other tables with open seats. Ignoring anyone in her path, she crossed the room towards them. At the table immediately behind theirs, she set down her plate on the far side, vaulted over, snatched the plate again, sliding into a seat facing the other Pureblood.

"Hope you don't mind me dropping in," she said politely, nodding by way of greeting to them both, and digging into her food with gusto and a gesture of her hand for them to carry on their conversation as before.

@Doctor Jax @Cush Almighty

Gaius_Titus.png

Gaius spent the session practicing with the broadsword style practice saber. trying to get a handle on how it swung and felt. it was so different from his standard vibroblade. the lack of weight was... unnerving. he decided to stick around for alittle bit after people had filed out. giving himself up to the last second to practice a bit before heading out. after the last had filed out Giaus powered down the weapon and bowed to Darth Chotar.
for a moment he wonder what to do, he walked down the corridor. he felt so naked without his armor, but at least it was here with him... unlike his pistol. or rifle... he wondered if he would be able to put in a requisition form. there was always paperwork no matter what organization one was apart of, there was always bureaucracy. he finally shook himself out of his thoughts as he passed the mess. his stomach snarled to remind him that he hadn't had a meal that wasnt ration packs for weeks. he walked in and just put food on his plate, not really looking at what he was taking. though he made sure to try and something from each food category. then looked around the mess. he spotted the sith pureblood he had talked to a bit before they had gone to saber class. bearing her new scar rather well. with her was the other pureblood, and the blonde girl who had shot off her mouth right at the start of the day. seeing no other familiar faces, Gaius walked over. "ladies, would you mind if i sat and ate chow with you?" he watched the blonde and Ashka seem to be more focused on their food and placed his tray down, then sat. extending his hand to the other red skinned woman. "my names Gaius by the way."

@Starlighter @Doctor Jax @Crush Almighty

Ashkaroth.png

The cafeteria slowly filled with people, either acolytes done with training already, or masters who wanted a bite to eat. It always amused Ashka to watch the Grandmasters take part in lunch. These were, after all, the safeguards of the future generation, the renowned Sith Lords who carried the honorific Darth like a scepter. But boy didn't they love themselves a good bantha sandwich. The point was, no one looked dignified while eating lunch -- not a single person. There was an equalizer there that brought everyone down the same level.

After all, everybody's gotta eat.

Ashka looked up as the other Pureblood, with a flourish, hopped over to their table, and she grinned at her.

"No problem, sister. Just glad to see another red face around here," Ashka stated, spearing a jinja root with her fork and popping it into her mouth.

Not long after, the soldier -- Gaius, was his name, right -- plopped himself down as well, and she gestured for him to go ahead and take up the spot.

"Hey, more the merrier," Ashka said as Gaius extended his greetings to the other Pureblood.

That would be a real test of character, right there. She knew for a fact that the girl was cocky, power hungry, and maybe a little bit rude. First impressions always said a lot, and sometimes it was the first impressions towards others that meant the most. Ashka kept an eye out as she finished off the salad and moved on to a hunk of bread on her plate, ripping it apart with nimble fingers.

"You guys excited for tomorrow? I'm a little surprised myself. I didn't figure they'd throw us into the mouth of the Sarlaac quite so fast," Ashka said.

[/hr]

@Starlighter @Roseuslupus @Cush Almighty

Khu.png
Khu's first thought was that this woman was nothing like she could have ever expected. She was friendly and on the inside made Khu chuckle at her little quips. She named the ability that Nala used earlier on her as 'force slow' and pointed out how she relied heavily on her control of the force rather than her own physical power. Khu preferred used her own skills and strength and lacked most of the fancy things others could do like mind tricks, that was her brother alley for sure. Ashka seemed to be alright and shared her opinion on the people here, she even invited her to sit down with her. She thought about for a moment but before she could even make her mind someone else joined the table.

She was a pureblood like Ashka and seemed polite enough. She waved her hand for them to continue their conversation. Maybe she was just looking for friends? Khu didn't care if she joined them and sat down at the table still holding her sandwich. Soon another one of their fellow Acolytes joined them. Khu didn't say anything and just silently ate her food. If she knew one thing about this place, it was good to have friends like every other place in the galaxy. Still didn't know these people and making friends could hurt her more than anyone. Ashka was charming but that could just be here way of winning people's trust. She met a lot of smooth talkers as a smuggler and only needed to get burnt once to know you can't trust them.

Ashka as the talkative person spark a new conversation. She brought up their upcoming trial how surprise she was that it was so soon. Khu also had noticed Ashka eyes were on the other pureblood, barely worried about humans at the table.

"I can't say I'm excited or surprised about our first trial being so soon. They probably want to flush out the week as soon as possible."
Even among the Jedi, they believed the same in a different way. If you couldn't be a warrior it wasn't over for you in the order and you weren't looked down upon for lack of ability. Khu took a big bite of her sandwich before continuing to speak. "I find it hard to believe you're surprised about it. All of us knew what we signed up for, it's only a matter of time one of our fellow Acolytes christens these trials with blood." Khu then realized how melodramatic she sounded and quickly clarified. "Not to sound all emo, it's just the harsh truth. I really don't have plans to make any meaningful connection while I'm here. From what I know, the life of a Sith is one of betrayal. Maybe you two purebloods can enlighten me on what it means to be Sith? Is it more than just about power and control, am I missing something?" Khu sounded a little cold when speaking about the Sith philosophy. They prove the Jedi correct with their never-ending obsession for power. Rare do Jedi betray each other and when they do it's because someone had fallen to the dark side.

Reactions: Starlighter
DRktwmR.png

Zaxa grinned over at Ashka - not the sort of smile one gives to a new acquaintance and hopeful friend, but more the sort that one might see on the face of a predator who enjoyed competing for their prey - especially knowing they would win. There was no doubt in her mind that both she and Ashkaroth would find their way to success here, and she looked forward to discovering what that path held in store.

She looked up as another hopeful Acolyte approached their table, the one who looked like he'd just come from a garbage compactor, or a battlefield. Definitely one of the two. She evaluated him with narrowed eyes as he assumed his seat with a rhetorical request to join them. On the one hand she hated rhetorical questions (coming from others, at any rate), but on the other, she could find it within herself to appreciate his naturally assertive nature - a man after her own heart.

She hesitated when he offered a hand and introduced himself, relaxed and conversational. He hoped to gain something by this, and if he intended to put forth pretenses of being harmless and friendly, she wasn't about to buy it.

He didn't need to know that, though.

With ever so slight a roll of her eyes, Zaxa took his hand in a death grip and gave it a single wrenching shake, smiling through her teeth like it was painful. "Zaxa. I appreciate the convenience of being provided with a moniker to refer to you by other than 'scum, Bantha fodder, et cetera." She dropped his hand and glared at him long enough to make it uncomfortable.

She burst out laughing and slapped him hard on the back. "Nice to meet ya."

Turning her attention back to more interesting conversation, she straightened with self-righteous satisfaction at the question the blonde girl directed towards her and Ashka. Perhaps she wasn't quite as stupid as she first seemed; at least she was able to understand something as simple as the concept of weeding out those too weak to be useful to the strong. She was not, however, about to go into a detailed lecture on the implications of becoming - and being - a true Sith. For someone like this chick.... it was probably a waste of time.

"No no, you're missing something" she assured, taking a casual bite of her food and flashing Gaius a brief wink.

@Roseuslupus @Cush Almighty @Doctor Jax

Gaius_Titus.png

Gaius grinned as he felt Zaxa's hand clamp down around his. he was slightly surprised by the strength of her grip but refused to show it. feeling slightly more secure by the clenched teeth the Sith gave. his eyes however narrowed at her words. this sort of Sith attitude he was familiar with... Zaxa reminded Gaius oh almost every Sith lieutenant he had come across. hopefully, if Zaxa was smart she wouldn't end up the same way....
"ah, yea nice to meet you Zaxa. Just Gaius is fine."
he held the red womans stare. she was trying to unnerve him he knew, but he would not flinch at such a childish tactic. his drill sergeant had a scarier stare than this... girl. As she looked away to respond to the melodramatic mandalorian, Gaius finishes his food, Scoffing it down quickly barely tasting it. Tho he chokes abit in surprise when zaxa winks at him, caught completely unprepared for that.
"Hmph. Im hoping its a hunt. I havent gotten to run something down in awhile and my trigger finger itches terribly."

Ashkaroth.png

The Pureblood lazily watched the others, toying with a bowl of noodles, as introductions were made. Zaxa, true to her heritage, was forthright, teeth-grittingly polite. She meant to intimidate, but the soldier wasn't having it. Oddly, Ashka thought they might make a cute pair, if only because they'd probably be at each other's throats constantly. It would be fun to watch them interact, more than anything, their personalities perhaps too similar for comfort on either side.

Nevertheless, she learned what she wanted of Zaxa. She was competition. While Ashka herself would not be the first on the chopping block, she was still in line. If there was anyone she'd need to watch, it would be her 'sister'. If they ever formed an alliance, it was almost sure to be a temporary one. A pity, really -- together they could accomplish a lot more, but Ashka found having to constantly pussyfoot and placate a real bore.

Been there, done that.

At Khu's question, Ashka's eyes rolled languidly from Zaxa back to the blonde. True to her nature, the Sith Pureblood didn't bother trying to explain their creed, and Gaius seemed more interested in the task to come than philosophy. Ashka, on the other hand, had always been interested in other viewpoints, other ways of seeing the world -- perhaps anathema to the Sith and their ways, but she'd found that incorporating the thoughts of others often allowed her to win. Rarely was the world ever so black and white.

"Zaxa's about right, there. You are missing something," Ashka conceded, finally moving on to her last plate -- dessert. "We're not like Jedi. They've got a creed that's got to be followed one way and one way only. Homogeneous. Like this doriet cake."

She gestured with a chunk of her dessert, a cake made of a single jelly.

"Sith, on the other hand, have some wiggle room. Several interpretations exist. Is power the main focus? Sure it is. It's the one that survived the other interpretations. But power and control - those are just means to what the Sith creed's really about. The Force shall set me free."

Ashka popped the piece in her mouth, relishing the sour-sweet flavor, before she continued.

"Freedom from restraint is really what we're about. I crave the freedom to do what I want, where I will. We don't have to bottle our emotions like the Jedi and forget that there's more to the world than the four walls of some temple. You don't have to forego your passions because of a 'greater good' that stifles all individuality, all creativity or ambition. You can fulfill whatever your little Blondie heart desires, so long as you've got the guts to reach your hand out and take it. Just be mindful other people might want the same thing. That's where power comes in. Power lets you exercise that freedom, and control gives you the structure to build up that power."

Ashka polished off the last of her cake, her aches beginning to finally catch up to her as her digestion took its course. She was in dire need of a nap, really. It had been a long day. She pushed herself away from the table and brushed off her shirt.

"Me? I see it this way - the Force lets me indulge in my passions and feel the world around me in a way nothing else ever will. I'm out to experience everything I can. Now, if you'll excuse me... I'm gonna get some shuteye."

With that, Ashka saluted to Gaius somewhat jokingly, raising her eyebrows at the other two girls, before heading back to her quarters. Perhaps Gaius was right and it would be a hunt tomorrow. Blondie's supposition still clung to her mind: a weed-out session. She had the distinct feeling that she'd need all the rest she could get.
[/hr]

@Starlighter @Roseuslupus @Cush Almighty

• Love
Reactions: Cush Almighty
blademaster-png.147840

The blademaster stood idle with crossed arms as he watched the majority of the apprentices leave...all except for one exceptionally large one seeming to ask for further assistance in Djem So. The Zabrack scoffs subtly as he points at Riises' chest. "Keep asking around for help like that around here and you'll find yourself in a less than favorable situation, apprentice." He'd pause for just a moment before continuing. "I'll grant you this second piece of advice...that gentleness that dwells inside you will do you no good among the Sith or with the style of Djem So. Best you smother it...or hide it." The Sith's words would almost seem to be spoken from personal experience however the stern expression may be misleading. Without another word the blademaster bids Riises farewell and leaves the room to retire for the evening.

@Red Thunder

(@Everyone / Next day will be coming up soon.)

Resoh_Sherhess.png

So many interesting things, seemingly happening all at once. Another challenge was issued, the other Pureblood and Nala, ending rather unfavorably for the Pureblood herself... Though Resoh didn't keep her full attention on the fight itself. She kept a roaming gaze on her fellow acolytes. Some more seemed to take the time to speak, such as the Pureblood from the library - and what was her name? - with Primus, Romjack with the Miraluka.... My, my, what interesting relationships already forming.

At last, however, the challenges were complete and they were released to do whatever they wished. Resoh left after the bulk of her class had scattered, watching the few who lingered out of the corner of her eyes before they left her sight. Her first stop was the mess hall once more, taking a few snacks to store in her room for when she inevitably felt a little hungry later. She debated returning to the library for another hour or so. No, best to shower and then meditate.

The toiletries and such left behind in her room gave her pause for a moment. Resoh rolled her eyes. The personal clothes she had already put away were stacked on one side so as to leave space for the provided robes. Hidden under the clothes were her training saber and the snacks. Her current outfit was traded for a towel tied tight around her body, and she gathered up what was needed for the showers. There wasn't even a stir of the acolytes in her section and she was definitely alone when arriving in the showers.

Resoh didn't hurry her time under the sanisteam, but she didn't linger either. A sigh escaped as she slipped back into the towel and returned to her room. She grabbed the top robe out of her trunk, quickly dressing and clipping her training saber to her robes before heading out. A critical eye was cast over her belongings and their locations, just in case anyone wanted to try their luck at taking her few things.

A quiet area outside the Academy was an easy find with most Sith and acolytes taking the time to eat their evening meal. She settled easily into the stretches then forms Sabisa had taught her over the years. It took a little longer than usual to clear her mind enough to enter a light meditative state, her thoughts struggling with the sheer dump of information she had been given today. Over an hour had passed before she felt confident she had committed the most important details to memory and she switched to the training saber.

Working through the new forms slowly and repetitively helped her body get used to the motions. Near the end, when she had worked for at least two hours, she switched it up a bit with the hand-to-hand she already knew. This she did with the training saber turned off, not willing to risk harming herself while figuring out how to combine the two. In a few days she would consider working with the saber on. For now, however, there was no use tiring herself out the night before the first trial, especially when she wasn't certain of what it would be.

Resoh made her way through the Academy once again, taking her time to explore the hallways. She met none of her classmates before she made it back to her room and turned in for the night.

overseer-drascar-png.147351

It was now the next day; the day the first trail is to commence and weed out the weakness within the newest group of Sith students. After everyone received and ate breakfast in the mess hall where any small chatter could commence before early noon came about. It was then that everyone would be instructed to meet outside the academy to where they're dower overseer stood waiting with a scowl and continue scowling he did the entire way to the valley of the dark lords. With the group behind him he'd stop at the entrance of one of the tombs; noticeably one of the closest tombs to the academy itself before turning to face you all.

"All right bantha fodder listen up. Your first trial awaits you within this tomb. It is akin to a stone cave labyrinth within the tomb and this is the only entrance and exit." He points to the large almost four by twelve sized open doorway which is flanked by two long deteriorated humanoid statues. "Your task during this trial...is to retrieve a single rancor claw and present it to me." Some of the students broke out into hushed chatter while Drascar couldn't help but chuckle before one of his coughing fits erupted from his throat. "Yes that is correct. For some time now this tomb has been this rancor's hunting grounds." He let his words sink in. To any whom possessed basic knowledge of such creatures would know that a single rancor only possesses eight singular claws normally.

"Your personal standard training sabers will be the only weapons you will be permitted to enter with. Additionally there will be no Sith other than you students within. Finally, only those who retrieve and present a claw to me will pass the trial. All others will be considered failures and be dealt with accordingly. Honestly, I only expect a meager handful of you to walk back out of that tomb at all."

"Now, off with the lot of you." Without much more fanfare, no questions, no good luck; nothing. Drascar flaps his hands in the direction of the entrance and thus the first trial begins. Quite a few of the students including Romjack and Nala quickly rushed into the entrance vanishing into the near complete darkness of the many cave like tunnels a few feet within.

To all of those who enter no matter which tunnel one traverses the darkness would feel almost suffocating unless one uses a lightsaber for illumination or sees in a less conventional manner. Any eerie silence that is only interrupted by one's own footsteps clattering against the smooth red stone of the inner walls. Many students would understand that the rancor wouldn't be the only threat within this dark tomb. Everyone was an enemy within these walls and there wouldn't be a better time to eliminate whatever competition the rancor wouldn't take care of.

Within around five minutes or so once everyone was well inside the tomb...the first guttural scream could be heard as it echoed down the tunnels. It would be followed by a low roar and a few more screams from the same source that lowered in volume until there was silence again. Before one could even track the sound or even the presence of the conflict to track the rancor more screams, cries and sounds of lightsaber combat would begin to spark suddenly every few moments in different areas of the tomb. The test was now clearly in full swing.

Reactions: Cush Almighty
The big Zeltron had had... interesting dreams.

This must be what it's like to sleep under the influence of my pheremones.

He'd slept by many beautiful women in his short life, and many of them had had restless sleep. That wasn't even a double entendre, they'd remarked on or shown evidence of very heated dreams while entangled in his sheets. Djak had always supposed that it was an aftereffect of his pheremones. Arousal running thickly through their systems, they'd usually woken up in excellent moods for morning sex.

Now...

Dressing in the acolyte's robes he'd been given, Djak shifted uncomfortably. His dreams hadn't even been all that sensuous. Sure, there had been some rather hot moments involving the Twi'lek sisters, and one or both of the Sith Purebloods, but for the most part his dreams had been of other, equally primal things. Violence, death, war and victory. He'd woken up once laughing madly from a dream of blood.

That... was an unexpected development. Djak had never considered himself a particularly violent man. He'd usually talked his way out of bad situations or else avoided them in the first place. Even in the secret place in his head where he starred in his own action movies, the focus had been more on ravaging heroines than ripping heads from his enemies. Djak was no pacifist, he knew very well that violence was a useful tool. The idea of actually picking up and using that tool... well, it was new. And different. And exciting.

He looked down at himself, sighed, and adjusted the robes again before picking up the lightsaber and clipping it to his belt. Dressed, and more or less in his right mind, he stepped out of the door and headed down the hall.

Turning the corner to the intersection between the hallways, Djak nearly collided with another acolyte. The Rattataki sidestepped at the last moment and narrowed eyes hidden under her hood. "Looking forward to the trial today?" she asked. Her voice was a friendly neutral at odds with her expression.

Djak considered that. He wasn't too familiar with Rattataki, but expressions were usually universal across humanoid species. Deciding that she wanted to at least seem friendly, he nodded and smiled. "I am," he said. "Hungry, too! I think I saw you working out last night as well, you must be starving. Heading to breakfast? I don't know what this trial will be, but I reckon we should load up on carbs."

As he spoke, he let just a bit of his pheremones go, just enough to create a very slight amount of arousal in most female humanoid mammals. He didn't want to be overt, but he was certainly curious to see if the Dark Side would protect her.

There was a slight pause before she responded where her eyes darted down then back up. "Yes, I was on my way to breakfast. Skipping energy on a day where you don't know what will happen? That's just asking for trouble." With a slight smirk, she lowered her hood and started again towards the mess. "I'm Resoh, by the way."

He turned and walked with her, keeping pace easily as they were almost the same height. "Resoh, I'm Djak. A pleasure, I'm sure." He wore his own hood down, being just a little proud of his thick blue--black hair and sculpted jawline. The silver in his ears gleamed. He wasn't sure how long the simple ornaments would last in the hardscrabble world of the Sith. Would they be targeted by an attacker in a fight? Djak wondered if he should take them out, then wondered if it would be seen as an act of weakness to remove them now.

"So, your piercings," he said as their boots scuffed softly. "What do they mean? Is there some sort of symbolism? Do they mean your tribe, your personal journey?"

"I'm sure at some point they were symbolic, back when Rattataki were almost wiped out by our own planet." She tapped her nostril piercing. "Most will have at least this one, though. I don't know the reason behind it for others. I got mine for practice, determining how long it would take to heal and how well it healed." Resoh glanced at him as they entered the mess. "What about yours?"

"They mean nothing more than that the piercing studio on Cor Iblis accepts bribes to pierce drunks," Djak laughed softly at the memory. "I walked in, asked, 'Hey, do you pierce drunks?', and the shop owner shook his head. I shouted, 'Good, cause I'm not,' and woke up the next day missing several hundred credits with these." He pulled his hair back over his ears to show them off a little better, then picked up a tray and started scooping food onto his plate. "I got a lot of compliments from them at work, though, so I kept them. Thought about trading in the hoops for studs--have you seen the chrome diopsides coming out of Jakku?"

Resoh grabbed her own tray. "I can't say I have. I prefer keeping my piercings simple. Tattoos, however..." Her voice trailed off as she blocked another acolyte from grabbing a portion of stew. "There are far more things you can do with tattoos than piercings."

She led him towards an empty table. Sliding into an empty seat, Djak considered. "I hear that they apply tattoos with beetles here," he said. "A tattoo artist I was friends with told me that the venom stings like a bitch, and permenantly marks the skin. Technically not a tattoo, because it's not ink being pushed under the skin... more like a burn scar. Probably not true though."

Shrugging, she started on the fruit. "I wouldn't be surprised if the beetle rumor is true. There are more ways of tattooing than you think."

He began to eat, considering. "I mean... this is kind of cool. I grew up hearing all kinds of weird stories about the Sith and what they--what we--can do. I guess now we're going behind the curtain to see what's true and what's not."

"Weird stories?" Resoh looked intrigued. "And what would you consider weird?"

He grinned. "I heard about one Sith that could body-jump. Grab hold of someone, and switch his mind with that of his victim. That one sure would be useful... downright immortal, as long as you were careful. Then there was one story about a Sith who could cause earthquakes. Actually move the tetonic plates. Then there's the really weird stuff... the ones who turn invisible, the ones who can see the future, the ones who can shatter anything by poking it."

"More interesting than weird, I would say. Something to look forward to with a stronger grasp on the Force." There was a lull in the conversation as both concentrated on the meal. "So what were you practicing last night?" she asked suddenly. "You said earlier that you noticed I was working out as well."

Djak grinned. "Just the basics. Darth Chotar just started me on the basics of Makashi yesterday, but I wanted to get them hammered in. Basics are pretty much universal, and everything else we'll learn wlll come back to the basics, so I reckon if there's one thing I should practice more than anything else it's the first day's lesson." He cocked an eyebrow "What about you? Any interesting bits I can look forward to?"

She smirked. "Nothing too different from what we all learned last night. Repetition is key to creating muscle memory, after all." Her head cocked to the side as if in thought. "Though I will warn you to watch your step if we are ever against one another." With a few bites remaining on her tray, she stood from the table. "Have fun until the trial begins, Djak."

The big Zeltron nodded, his mouth being too full of food to respond to that last. He waved as she walked away, and thought with some little salt that the acolyte robes really needed a bit of work to properly flatter their wearers. Cloaks were such impolite things.

He cleaned his plate, and went back for seconds, heaping his plate. His body needed a great deal of fuel to be effective without losing the mass he'd cultivated so carefully, and he suspected that there would be many chances to starve in his future. This wouldn't be one of them. The rest of the acolytes came and went while he continued to stuff his face, but it wasn't till he'd consumed roughly three times a human's ration that he felt satisfied and dumped his tray at last. He was excited for the coming trial, and felt as ready as he could be.

[fieldbox=The Trial, red, solid, 8, book antiqua]
Darth_Primus.png

Primus had spent most of his time meditating after the battle circle, as he was free to do as he wished. Power without control was no power at all, of course.

He listened to the first fools who entered, extending his mind into the cave that pulsated with Dark Side energy as he tried to navigate the darkness. After some cruel laughter, the Sith Inquisitor looked to the overseer with an even crueler smile hidden beneath his mask, walking inside the cave. It wouldn't be too long before he found the lightsabers and parts of the corpses of the first apprentices- he was on the right path. He had but one advantage, using the Force as his sight as opposed to relying on the brightness of a lightsaber.

The Sith Inquisitor picked up the lightsabers from the fallen apprentices, attaching them to his belt- he could like use these to fight other apprentices if they attempted to ambush him or use them in a trap to attract the beast to take what he needed. After all, HK could have some fun with these when all was said and done. Even then, as he thought about how he might gain his claw, it became apparent- at most, fourteen apprentices could succeed. The average rancor only had four claws on each hand and three toe-claws on each foot- a clever way to guarantee a thinner number at the end. Either way, each step came with a slight twist of his hand, preparing to defend himself against any beast or being that might attack him.
[/fieldbox]

Last edited:
Ashka & Djak Take A Walk

a collab with @Vonghese

Djak looked up from his second mouthful and smiled inwardly, before forcing himself to lower his head and pretend not to watch as the young pureblood sauntered in, grabbing a veritable mountain of food. She seemed rather unconcerned - face carefully neutral, hair braided back, clothes pressed and washed. If there was any sign of nervousness, she covered it well and with finesse. Without preamble she plopped down in front of the young Zeltron where the Rattataki had sat before.

"Morning, Djak-a-boy. Excited?" she asked, stuffing a roll in her mouth.

He looked up and swallowed a large mouthful. then grinned at her. "Morning Ashka. Excited as can be. I haven't the faintest idea what we should be expecting, so I'm loading up on the carbs." He indicated her plate. "Seems like you have the same idea."

"I'm a lot like a hawkbat. Gotta eat every ten minutes to keep up with all of this," she said, gesturing to her rather small form. "Besides that, I never say no to food. So - you make any friends yet? I think I'm makin' progress."

He smiled as he looked up and down her form. "I had a nice talk with Resoh earlier. The Rattaki, the bald girl with the piercings, you know? Quiet girl, but intense. I think she's all right."

The Zeltron hadn't stifled his pheremones from earlier, and he allowed them to continue, relaxing and allowing just a tiny bit more. The heated eyes of the Sith made him suspect that she wouldn't mind.

"Huh. I'll stick that particular feather in my cap for later. It's hard to find people who're talkative around here. Big and Ugly over there --" And she gestured to Romjack. "--looks more likely to eat you than talk to you. The other big guy, Riises, he isn't bad, just quiet. Don't get me started on the other Pureblood. Now, intense, I can handle."

Ashka winked conspiratorially at the Zeltron, stabbing a piece of meat and shoving it into her mouth. Djak sipped muja juice, and returned the wink.

"You put on cologne or something?" she asked suddenly.

She could smell his pheremones... most species could, when he turned it up high enough. Like a flower, the scent was just an added come--hither. Most humanoid species found it to be sweet-smelling. Apparently, she did too. "It's a Zeltron thing," he shrugged. "We're quite lucky. In a galaxy full of creatures that try to drown their personal scents in cologne and anti-persperants, our natural scent is something most find pleasing."

Most of the stories agreed that you couldn't lie to force-sensitives. He wondered absently if they could detect half-truths.

Ashka raised her eyebrows.

"Lucky is right. I smell like a singed bantha the minute I'm done training," she murmured. "Hey... I think everybody's leaving. Hang on a sec."

She crammed the last of what was left on her plate into her mouth.

"Walk with me?" she asked as she lefted her tray.

"Absolutely," Djak rose, and they carried their trays to the recepticle. After setting them down, they left the hall. The Zeltron had to slow his walk a bit so that Ashka's shorter legs could keep an unhurried pace. He didn't mind. She was excellent company. They turned together towards the corridor that led outside. The breeze from the open door was cool, but the planet was already starting to warm up. Djak decided that he intensely disliked the local climate. Hot during the day, cold at night... never giving one's body a chance to adjust. Personally, he would have preferred the cold. One could always put on an extra layer of clothing. He doubted the Sith Masters would appreciate it if he stripped down too far during the hottest parts of the day.

"I remember rumors I heard as a kid saying that in the first trial, they give you a meori. You know, a tiny, fuzzy, cute little thing. And they tell you to take care of it, protect it from other students, all that. Then, at the end of a solar cycle, they tell you to off the poor thing," Ashka mentioned nonchalantly, her voice a low but quick trot. "Of course, that was just rumor. I definitely hope that's not the first trial."

Her laugh was slightly husky, almost as if she had a sore throat. More acolytes entered the hall from the common area, walking in a loose group. A bit early for the trial, but not unwise of them. She kept to the back of the group, seemingly taking her time, and he stayed with her, letting them get further ahead of them.

He plucked at his robes absently. The weight of the lightsaber on his hip was still an unfamiliar thing, and it caused his belt to ride slightly crooked. Djak decided that he needed a second belt to hang at an angle, gunslinger style, to let the weapon hang by his hand. Maybe he could take one off the body of the first acolyte to die.

Wait, what?

He considered that. Why was he so accepting of the idea of looting a body of a fellow student? Was this linked to the same dark delights his dreams had encouraged? Korriban had to be affecting him.

"Does the Dark Side affect things passively?" he asked Ashka. "Like... I don't know, like radiation. Does the energy of this planet change me at all? I've felt it before in meditation, but I've never noticed any effects."

Ashka pursed her lips momentarily as she thought about the question. After a moment's deliberation, she said, "As far as I know, the Force doesn't work that way. The way you interact with the Force has a lot to do what's already up in here and in here."

Ashka tapped his forehead, then his chest. Normally, Djak would have flared his pheremones when making skin-to-skin contact with someone, giving them a double dose of influence. The ideas she was giving him were too distracting.

"The Dark Side... it brings out desires, things you already feel strongly. That doesn't mean you let it run away from you. Sometimes you have to know when to rein it in, other times when to let it go. The Force pulls on you while you pull on it, and sometimes it's a little unruly. I know that for me, when I first started to use it... the feeling of freedom to move anyway I wanted was what I focused on, something I didn't even realize I wanted. Now, I had to be careful, though."

She grinned devilishly as she yanked up the back of her shirt, showcasing a sparse scar reminiscent of road rash that had healed improperly. Djak winced, it looked painful.

"This I got from being a little overzealous and smashed across a road," she warned as she stuffed the shirt back down. Djak watched her red skin disappear with a bit of wistful regret, but didn't comment. His head was full of self-apprehension. His desires for violence, his dreams of blood, his casual disregard for the other students... they were in him already?

Then he thought of some of the other dreams he'd had starring Ashka, and his white teeth showed in a fierce smile. His body relaxed a little, enjoying that particular line of reasoning. He still wasn't pushing his pheremones, but he was giving off even more now that his mind was going down that path.

"Hey, now, don't be taking pleasure from my pain!" Ashka jabbed playfully, followed by a gentle punch to the shoulder that shook him from his reverie. "This took weeks to heal."

"That does look painful," he said, shaking his head slightly. "Sorry, I was just thinking about what you said. I guess I'm more violent than I realized. That's a relief, I was worried I wouldn't be ruthless enough to be a good Sith."

"Ho ho ho, do I need to watch my back now?" Ashka teased. "You're not about to go on a rampage and slaughter all of us poor students are you?"

He laughed. "No, no, I doubt that'll happen. I'm ruthless, apparently, but I'm not crazy. At least... I don't think I'm crazy."

"Good for me, then, 'cause you're one of the few I like."[/hr]

Silver & Red
A collaboration by @MelodicInferno & @Starlighter

[hr=border][/hr]​

Before the red light of dawn returned to scorch the sandy earth, Zaxa was already awake. The moment her eyes opened, she slipped out of bed and tiptoed through the halls until she reached the shower rooms. In the early hours with no one else around, she felt the most at ease putting herself in such a vulnerable position, but remained wary and alert all the same.

Once washed and dressed, she clipped her training saber to her belt and crept upwards to the rooftop sparring area. She approached with caution, ensuring before stepping out into the open that no one else was nearby. Satisfied that she was alone, she strode confidently out onto the roof, launching into a run at the same moment that she unhooked her saber and activated it, carrying her momentum into a forceful spin than ended in a forward push, her free hand outstretched and carrying her focus through the force, adding more strength to her strike against an imaginary enemy.

Satisfied, she took a few moments to warm up and stretch out her muscles, gradually raising her heartbeat and focusing on even breathing. Once ready, she took to slowly jogging around the outside perimeter of the rooftop, gradually increasing her pace and continuing on in laps.

When the sky started turning lighter just before the sun crested the horizon, she slowed and shifted gears, channeling her heightened level of energy into focused practice of the lightsaber combat training from the night before. As she carried through the motions, she kept precision lower in her range of focus while keeping a wide, open channel of emotion front and center, letting purpose and determination collide with frustration at her level of inadequacy, boiling and reacting off of one another to create an inexhaustible source of energy and unrelenting strength.

It was light and growing warm when Zaxa at last slowed her pace, gradually easing off until she could be still and relax. She took several minutes to centre her breathing and focus her mind, letting the flame of her emotions burn away into the ashes of indifference and satisfaction.

Tucking away her saber, she retreated indoors and returned to the mess hall. Several students were ahead of her, their plates half filled with their breakfast. Grinning in a friendly way, she sauntered up to the nearest one and whisked the plate out of his hands.

"You really didn't have to, but I appreciate you getting this for me" she said sweetly, gently patting him on the shoulder. He stared agape as she easily maneuvered out of his reach and leaned over to snatch up a sweet smelling roll to polish off the plate. Winking at him one last time, she found herself a spot away from the others where she could relax and enjoy the meal.

Immediately after instructions were delivered to gather outside the Academy, Zaxa rose and reached out to grip the shoulder of a passing acolyte. Indifferent to his puzzlement, she shoved her plate into his hand, and gave him a little push along his way.
"Go deal with that for me, will you? You're a trooper."

Craaaaash!

Zaxa jumped back, dodging flying bits of plaster as the plate smashed onto the floor, the furious Acolyte fuming and shaking a menacing fist at her face.
"I ain't here to be stepped on by the likes of you!" he seethed. Zaxa rolled her eyes, casually batting his hand to the side and stepping away.
"Maybe not. But I'll step on you all the same if I find it convenient."

She turned and strode away at jogging speed. There were better things to be doing than getting into a pointless argument with someone so worthless, even if he was wrong in every sense. Lingering near the exit to the Academy was another acolyte, seemingly just watching those who walked past her on the way to the trial. She fell into step with Zaxa. "The library is a curious place to practice," she said, not bothering to introduce herself. Zaxa shrugged.

"I was there and it seemed convenient" she answered with a shrug, sizing up her impromptu companion with a quick sideways glance. Impressive, that her grey inky friend had noticed her presence. "I have less use for books than training. Don't get me wrong, knowledge is useful; just not my forte."

The Rattataki huffed a breath of almost-laughter. "Many feel the same way. I've never understood it myself, but to each their own." She gestured vaguely to the group of their fellow acolytes, all passively following the Overseer. "Bets on who will be the ones to make it? Besides us, of course." Zaxa smiled, unbridled in expression of the enjoyment she found in pointing out the failings of others. She liked this girl; without even really knowing Zaxa, she was smart enough to use that big brain of hers to know that she shared company with someone of potential, unlike several of the others among them. And she was confident, always a plus.

"Hmmm." She was quiet, taking a few moments to size up the others before answering. "I'd put second most money on cloak and daggers up there," she said, flippantly waving her hand in Primus' direction. Next, she jerked her thumb back in the direction of her sister Pureblood. "Most money on her. Pasty walking with her I couldn't tell you, but he's good at mooching if nothing else. Even if he's not capable of doing things on his own, he'll find a way to use someone else to help him get what he wants. Other than that…. I'm not so sure I'd want to take the chance." Her smile morphed into a low, condescending chuckle.

The Rattataki nodded in agreement, smirking slightly. "A Darth and a Pureblood, I'm not too surprised. Though I wouldn't quite count out the Miraluka either; there's no telling what he knows."
"Now, if we're talking who I definitely wouldn't put my money on, Bitchy Blondie," Zaxa nodded her head in the direction of Khu Korig.

"I wouldn't be surprised if Romjack didn't make it," the Rattataki sneered. "Someone as hot-headed as that isn't likely to learn without making the same mistake several times."
Glancing around, as if judging the distance between the group and themselves, she lowered her voice. "For those I wouldn't mind having an.... unfortunate accident, I would say Nala and him." She motioned discreetly to the human trooper, by far the oldest of their class.

Zaxa's smile slowly twisted, morphing into something devious. Yes, yes. She liked this Rattataki very much. Very much. Here was an Acolyte after her own dear heart if ever there was such a soul outside her race. She quietly clicked her tongue in disapproval. "Now come dear" she said softly, "Wouldn't it be oh ever so tragic were something unlucky to befall our fellow acolytes? How terribly…. Unfair." She sighed, dramatically feigning resignation. "But then, I can't say it would be a shock were our heroic Trooper to find the way of Sith to be…. Perhaps a mite more treacherous than blaster bolts and bucket heads. One never knows what innocent obstacles will lead to a nasty trip and a fall, wouldn't you say?"

"Mmm, you're right. Accidents are such tragic things" They finally reached their destination, one of the tombs close to the Academy itself. Both listened to what their first trial would be, the Rattataki staying in place as several acolytes rushed into the tunnels. "Did I not say he was hot-headed?" The training saber at her belt quickly found its way into her hand as she moved to enter the tomb. Zaxa shook her head slowly, holding back and waiting for the wave of Acolytes to finish trickling through before ducking under the entrance herself, allowing enough distance to maintain privacy to continue their conversation.
"That you certainly did" she murmured by way of answer. "His impulsiveness will undo him, no vision of the future needed to know that much."

The tunnels were suffocatingly dark and silent, broken only by the sound of a training saber being turned on. The Rattataki's pale skin was easily illuminated by the glow of the blade, her body half-turned to keep Zaxa in her sight. Not too long after their entrance, there could be heard the sounds of screams and roars. "Oh, now that couldn't have ended well," she said absently as the screams abruptly cut off. Not too far away from the two came the obvious clash of training sabers against one another. A sly gaze was sent Zaxa's way. "Sounds like there are a few accidents happening." A low, almost inaudible chuckle reverberated off the walls, slowly echoing away into the darkness.

"My my, what a tragedy that is." Zaxa sauntered forward a few steps further, scowling at the dampened sense of the Force that bounced back at her when she reached out to it. She refrained from lighting her own saber, instead making use of the light from the Rattataki's blade. Despite her own blindness in the dark, it felt good to be invisible. At least temporarily. "I'm sure one such as yourself has been known to have a vision, or maybe two. Do you see any accidents in the future of say…. A Trooper?"

"I wouldn't trust in such flimsy things as vision, though I do believe the trooper has some trouble in his future." She paused, tilting her head as if to listen closer. Her footsteps were nearly soundless on the floor of the cave as she led the way down a nearby tunnel, training saber turning itself off with a quiet click. "What sort of terrible accident do you believe will come the trooper's way?"

@BlueFlameNikku

• Love
Reactions: BlueFlameNikku