2. 1-3 posts per week
Writing Levels
  1. Adept
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
Genres
Fantasy, Modern, Horror, Combat, War

The Gage-class transport starship known simply as the "Dark Revenant" has been the temporary home for it's decently precious cargo the crew has been tasked with transporting to Korriban, a sacred planet of the Sith which has been the starting point for all those with potential in the dark side...as well as the final resting place for countless others. The precious cargo being that of around twenty to be acolytes whom would be enrolled within the Sith Academy which waited somewhere across the planets vast barren red surface.

With the "Dark Revenant" now complaisantly in orbit all acolytes had been ordered to pack up everything or anything they had and were told to proceed to the awaiting shuttle in the launch bay to be brought down to Korriban. The interior of the ship was much the same of any other that was well maintained; clean, brightly lit and an almost annoying amount of every shade of gray. Aside from the bustling sound of clattering footwear against the floors of the ship most of the crew stayed silent and payed little mind to most of the Force sensitive individuals. Though this excluded two people in particular; both of whom were awaiting the twenty acolytes as they all arrived at the shuttle. Captain Jaxcol Stagera was one of those individuals as he's been the person the passengers had been told to connect if any concerns came up during the voyage. He stood up tall and straight much like any other officer in the standard uniform, had short jet black hair, light skinned and has small scar beneath his chin. The slightly less decorated woman with bright red hair tied back who stood next to him was his lieutenant Lara Arano. If the captain was busy the concern fell to her.

Captain Stagera scanned over each and every one of the people he'd been transporting. Some were big, some were small, some seemed to have an eerie sense about them while others he felt nothing from. One didn't need to poses the Force in order to read people and the captain has been around the block more than once. He spoke up once everyone had arrived. "I wanted to see you all off and wish you luck in your coming future. I've transported those like you before and never know for sure if I may be harboring true greatness aboard my vessel. It brings me great pride to deliver what essentially could be the future strength of the Empire." He never smiled or showed any further level of emotion beyond being stern. He knew the gravity of the situation he knew what they were getting into. At the very least...he knew half of those standing in front of him would be dead before the end of the next standard month. The man motioned to his lieutenant before she addressed the group. "I will personally ferry you down to the planet's surface." This could be happening for a number or reasons that a standard pilot wasn't being issued the task though the most likely two were either trying to show some kind of importance or making sure nothing would go wrong. Regardless, with a final salute the captain departed and the shuttle was boarded and swiftly on its course through space down toward Korriban.

Through the tiny view ports of the shuttle within the room all passengers were strapped into their appropriate seats; glimpses of Korriban's rocky mountainous terrain could be seen hurrying by as the ship neared the arrival port. Within the shuttle all sitting beside and across from each other the acolytes waited for what the future would hold for them. Many were silent, some spoke softly, others looked around aimlessly. Any who reached out with the Force would be bombarded with so many occupants crammed together who were strong in the Force though slight differences could noticed if one focused hard enough. Some have a fury chaotic like presence while others seemed subtle yet still strong; along with almost a faintness of something else that cannot be determined within this proximity. The most distracting thing was probably the out of place Hunter killer droid simply sitting with the rest of them.

With a slow hiss the boarding ramp opened up shortly after the vessel touched down on one of the few landing pads. Upon shuffling out the acolytes would be greeted by the starch rocky red landscape of the world. The Sith academy just a short ways beyond the arrival port.

Just before the first set of stone steps a lone figure stands in waiting silence. The figure is that of a male human seemingly in his early thirties with long unkempt brown hair and some short scraggly stubble. His eyes seemed distant and uninterested as the group approached him. He held his arms behind his back and even slouched slightly which was pronounced from the dark blue robes her wore.
965cecd0e400e3a9fdac9da5b9547ec9.jpg

He seemed to squint at everyone in attendance before speaking in annoyed gravely voice. "Alright you bunch of bantha fodder welcome to Korriban...the place where you will either rise to greatness...or become a kriffing stepping stone to be walked upon." He paused for a moment as he coughed into his balled fist. "Its my job to see if even one of you has what it takes to become a real Sith of the Empire and from the looks of you all I'd say I'm disappointed already." He scoffed before continuing. "My name is Tren Drascar...you may address me as Overseer or Overseer Drascar. Until further notice your asses are mine and you abide by the rules of the academy. Rule number one: If you are discovered in the killing of a fellow student your punishment will be immediate execution. Rule number two: Don't make my life difficult or I will make your life difficult." He'd gone on about a few additional rules and detail in regards to where they would be staying within the academy, when meals would be served and so on.

Lastly he seemed to wave his hand as a younger man around twenty years of age with short brown hair approached towards the acolytes with a small hover sled which held exactly twenty saber handles all neatly lined up with each other. "These training sabers will serve you well enough during your time here...I simply can't trust lots like you with real sabers..." He said disappointingly as if he wanted to watch the acolytes butcher each other with full powered sabers. "Now then...before we continue I'm sure at least one of you is just dying to get at my throat." With a half smile the overseer ignites the training saber that was at his hip beneath his robes. As if on cue one of the acolytes a large nearly two meter tall human wearing tattered beige clothing sprinted out forwards and snatched one of the sabers from the hover sled accepting the challenge he ignited and took a violent vertical swing at the overseer Drascar but it was sluggish and unrefined. With relative ease Drascar stepped to one side dodging the strike; the overseer returning with a quick and surprising powerful kick to the larger man's heel causing him to lose balance before swinging the yellow saber up towards the mountain of a man's face with blinding speed. With no time to react the acolyte's voice erupted with a scream of pain as the weapon scorched the side of his face nearly taking out his left eye as his body plummeted to the dirt in agony. Just because the sabers were less powerful did not mean they couldn't cripple someone.

Both lightsabers powered down as Drascar faced the other nineteen acolytes with his mute expression returning. "Let this be your first lesson then...the weak will fail and failure leads to suffering."

Djak.png

Djak sat quietly in his seat, staring off into space. He wished he could 'go gray' like some of the other acolytes and sort of blend into the background. Unfortunately, his vivid skin and good looks made that impossible. Dressed in tight green synthleather trousers and vest, with green bands around his biceps and wrists, he considered himself easily the most attractive male on board. That wasn't good either. The dash and swagger that he'd spent years refining was going to be his greatest enemy now, as he would attract attention at every turn.

But is that sort of attention bad? In the long run, is it going to do me harm or good?

Life would be hell at first, but that hell would make him stronger. More attention from the instructors would mean more pain, but also more personalized instruction and insight. His fellow students would notice him as well, and strive to outmatch him. He would have to keep them busy chasing him, thinking that they weren't quite up to his level yet. At the same time, he couldn't afford to be rude. Competition could get a whole lot deadlier if things ever got personal. He had to be good, but he would have to be liked.

I might as well set the whole thing to a song and dance number while I'm at it.

Closing his eyes, he tried to feel the Dark Side once again. Ever since he'd been told that the 'heat' he created wasn't just in his head, that that was the Force he was sensing, he'd been trying to touch it. Sometimes he was more successful. Sitting quietly wasn't helping him in this. If everyone was up and doing things, it would be easier.

The Sith had told him that lust wasn't the only path to the Dark Side. Envy, jealousy, hate... but he had none of that in his stomach.

Fear, though... Djak was not too proud to admit that he was afraid. Granted, it was only fear of the unknown, fear of an uncertain future... but still, maybe it would be enough. He turned his focus inward and examined his fear, poking it cautiously. He didn't want to be afraid, though. He wanted to be strong, rich, successful. Kriff these guys, kidnapping me all this way.

That might be the start of something, he realized. He attacked that idea, worrying it like a predator. He was afraid, yes, and why? Kriff these pretentions Sith who thought they could just shanghai him. Kriff this ship, kriff these nerfs sitting quietly all around him, and kriff him for not being strong enough to prevent it.

He felt his anger building. His father had always been an emotional man, given to great fits of rage. Djak didn't want that. Raging seemed so... undignified. Instead, he focused his anger like a laser, a spark of intense fire in his chest that built and built... like a door opening slowly to let more and more light in...

And there it was. Heat and strength washed through his body as the Dark Side responded to his call. Surprised and delighted, he held the connection a moment longer. Using it as a lens to view his world, he cast about and saw more. He saw his companions. Some touched the Dark Side as he did, others seemed unaware of the power that flowed through them.

Incredible...

His sense of awe overrode his anger, though, and the Dark Side faded back away. He sat back, fighting a delighted grin from stretching his face. Well, kriff... that was cool.

He followed the other acolytes out of the ship, through the spaceport, and out into the blinding sunlight. Eyes narrowed, not used to natural light, he listened patiently to their instructions. Now was the hour of pride and power. Now was the time of the jungle law. If he wanted to thrive here, he would have to be the best. And as their first lesson was scored into the flesh of the impulsive acolyte, Djak made a mental note never to volunteer for anything. Be the best, but don't challenge for more.

The training lightsaber seemed heavier than expected. He clipped it to his belt. Now his entire worldly posessions equaled... well, his clothing, his lightsaber, and his good looks. His bank account didn't count, there was no way of reaching it from here. Here we go...

Last edited by a moderator:
[fieldbox=Darth Primus & HK-51, red, solid, 8, book antiqua]

There were many Sith, but it was clear that it the one sitting in the middle of the shuttle with the hunter-killer droid was the most experienced. The Sith officers referred to him as "Darth Primus" when they spoke to him, an indication that he had already completed the initial Sith training. Any who tried to probe his mind found great walls while those who tried to sense him found only a void, but those who strained themselves could detect a faint echo in the Force, almost as is he had been ripped away.

He stood a little over six feet in height, wearing a black cloak, gloves, and boots that covered his form. He also donned a red mask and various pieces of red armor- namely a pair of vambraces, greaves, and a chestpiece with thin pauldrons- all of which fit under his armor fairly well without distorting his sihoulette, his hood drawn slightly over his mask, although it didn't interfere with his vision. From what could be seen from his armor, it was clearly meant for defensive purposes as opposed to anything necessary to survive. His leather utility belt that was wrapped around his waist have an empty clip where his lightsaber was once attached, along with a few pouches carrying various items from food portions to Sith credits.

But there was one more thing- while they had confiscated his old, broken lightsaber and his droid's blasters, he kept a green kyber crystal in a small, black container around his neck. As it was a synthetic crystal, it did not bleed red like those taken from the Jedi.

The grey droid stood about the same height as its master, carrying a cortosis-weave vibrosword that was in pristine condition. Why, by looking at it one couldn't tell that it had been impaled and decapitated numerous Jedi. After all, the droid took great pride in how he cared for his equipment, making it all the more infuriating when they confiscated his blasters and explosives along with his master's possessions!

The pair kept quiet as they were brought outside, the Sith- when presented with the training sabers- saw one that intrigued him and, using the Force to pull the lightsaber from the tray to his hand, pressing the switch to activate it as he flicked his wrist to take a relaxed Makashi stance as the blade reached it's full length, exposing a silver blade. He examined the blade, the droid looking to his master before speaking up.

"Query: Master, what precisely is the difference between a training lightsaber and a true lightsaber? My optical and electronic sensors indicate no difference between this one and the ones I have taken from Jedi in the past, as well as the one you used to wield before it was broken after the battle at Palawa."

The Sith then deactivated the lightsaber, attaching it to the clip on his belt before slowly turning to face the droid. His voice, although slightly distority by his mask, was a firm and experienced baritone, the words seeming to carry some unseen weight.

"The difference, HK-51, is that training sabers only have a kyber shard as opposed to an entire crysal, pieces of crystal that can resist being bled from the Dark Side. It is much easier to make an entire crystal bleed as opposed to a mere shard- the Force tends to be far more concentrated in smaller objects than largers ones- such is why kyber crystals can be so attuned to the Force in the first place... and do not speak of the destruction of Palawa. The message from the Dark Lord demanded we keep it a secret from all who he did not inform himself."

"Compliant Statement: As you wish, master. I do not wish to bring any unneccesary harm to you.

"Observation: Although, after the display by that neophyte Sith I wouldn't worry too much about being brought to harm. I would worry solely about pleasing the Overseer and completing this new training that the Sith have sent you to."

"Do not underestimate the Sith, HK. They are far more unpredictable than the Jedi and can be far more deadly."

"Affirmation: That is true, master. But with you around, the meatbags don't know what's coming."
[/fieldbox]

Last edited:
DRktwmR.png

For the duration of the trip from Revenant to the planet surface, Zaxani was silent, keeping her focus trained on the variety of beings crammed into the space around her. The mix of races was rather a diverse one, something of a hodge-podge collection of low life scum. Pathetic, that whatever Lords had sent their recent finds had to scour so far for so little potential. It irked her, seeing these pretenders dare to aspire to the greatness of her people. They would fail, each and every one who lacked the essential necessity of pure Sith blood. They were nothing but rungs on a ladder the Pure would climb.

As the shuttle touched down, Zaxani gripped the shoulder of the Acolyte seated next to her, shoving him back down into his seat while she stood and side-stepped past him to the open door. She ducked through the low entrance and made it halfway down the ramp only to jump off it sideways and land in a crouch with her fingers pressed against the ground. She clenched her gloved hand into a fist as she rose, letting a few grains of sand trickle through her fingers.

So, this was home.

She stayed behind the others as the group approached their welcoming committee, and chose a spot at the back where she could hear, even if she couldn't see the speaker particularly well. Boring boring boring, yada yada yada. The mention of being caught in the act of killing other students brought a twitch of a smile to her lips. 'Only if you're caught' being the important part.

Her smile melted away as the cart of sabers rolled up, and Acolytes moved to snatch up their weapons. She maneuvered her way around the knot of bodies to the end of the cart and wrapped her fingers around the hilt within easiest reach. She tossed it back and forth from hand to hand, then shoved it through her belt and crossed her arms. As the exchange played out between the overeager acolyte and the Overseer, she slowly shook her head.

Lesson two. Don't allow your passion to be turned against you.

Resoh_Sherhess.png
Resoh had dedicated some of her time on the shuttle to studying the group she would be stuck with for a while. Some, she could tell, would not last long at all; giving them a few days would be too generous in a couple of cases. Her features twisted into a snarl for a brief moment before turning her attention to the truly interesting ones. The Darth, for instance, and the hunter-killer droid at his side. How they had ended up with them seemed like a mystery she would not know yet. The two Purebloods that would no doubt expect to be the only survivors.

Eventually, she grew bored and drew her hood up. Her eyes closed and her breathing evened out as she cleared out her errant thoughts and focused on the constant pulse of the Force. It was alive in the ship in a way she hadn't felt before, mostly likely due to the number of Force sensitives in such a secluded place. She reached for her emotions, her disgust for the obvious weak among them the most prominent. She encouraged the feeling before returning to her surroundings.

Eventually they boarded a shuttle that carried them to Korriban. One of the Purebloods shoved down their neighbor in her haste to exit, the action prompting an eye roll from Resoh. She brushed past those too slow to get out of their seats and settled on the fringes of the pack as they came before Overseer Drascar. He gave a pretty speech that didn't have too much new information besides meal times and the like. After all, what was the use in killing another if you got caught in the act?

The training sabers brought a smirk to her face. She watched the idiot acolyte out of the corner of her eye as she grabbed one of the sabers. A quick twirl in her fingers allowed her to get familiar with its weight before hooking it into her belt.

Riises.png

Korriban Academy
landing pad

"Korriban will be your place of confrontation; you will kill her, and in so doing, earn your freedom. But to do so immediately would be foolish; she is your superior in nearly everyway, save for your visions and your strength. To that end, Korriban will be first your place of growth. Mature, improve, destroy, and be free. For through the Dark Side will your chains be broken."

Riises' fingers were taut, gripping the armrests on his seat as the shuttle made entry through the Korriban atmosphere. Space flight wasn't bad; there was little enough in the way of hard turns and shuddering ships. But to hurtle straight into a gravity well toward an enormous planetary body as friction from the speeding ship against the pressurized air around it threatened to incinerate it and all within it seemed like madness to him. His heart raced, and his breath was tight and short. Fear held him in chains.

Fear leads to anger.

The Jedi axiom came to mind, unbidden. The young man hadn't any training from that faction, but the saying was common enough among the Miraluka, and particularly among the Luka Sene Seekers. He doubted any of those around him had ever heard of the saying. The Jedi were the enemy of the Sith; why should the latter study the philosophies of the former? Perhaps it was an advantage.

If it was, it didn't feel like it. The twenty acolytes around him felt of various strengths in the Force, and each likely hide within themselves talents that far surpassed his own. The Sith Pureblood sitting beside him almost certainly did, if the arrogance radiating off her was any indication. He could almost see it.

Wrong choice of words. The rags around his head would have obscured any seeing he might otherwise do, if he had eyes to see. Instead the Force was his eyes, giving him vision. Allowing him to see with a kind of murky clarity the space around him. It offered the same when they landed, and breathing a sigh of relief, Riises braced his arms on the rests and began to stand.

A sharp, sudden pinch gripped his shoulder, and shock combined with a reasonably strong arm shoved him back into his seat. He fell back, gasping; the Pureblood had cast him aside in favor of propelling herself forward. If that wasn't a damn metaphor for what to expect from the Academy-

As he hand left his shoulder, Riises felt himself removed. Instead of the metal confines of the shuttle, he was enveloped by the meta confines of a box. Refuse and debris littered the space about his feet, and silence and putrid rank filled the air about him. Grinding metal suddenly dug auditory claws into his ears, and his hands covered them involuntarily. To his right, the wall began advancing, and the refuse began compacting. It was a trash compactor, and he wasn't long for the Galaxy any more.

But then Riises was back in the shuttle, falling against his seat back, watching with some disbelief the Pureblood as she made for the exit. So.

He followed, finally pushing himself to standing as the last of the other acolytes exited the shuttle, managing to exit only as some human - the Overseer, likely - seared flesh from some foolhardy acolyte's face. Failure leads to suffering. Then he would not fail. The others looked as though they'd procured their own lightsabers. Training sabers, he assumed; Kradex had indicated that acolytes wouldn't be trusted with weapons of full strength. One yanked free and flew to his hand, and he hooked it to his belt without activating the blade. No; that was foolish. Perhaps the saber was damaged in some way so as to engender confrontation among them. Removing it, Riises activated it. A shining orange illuminated his face, somehow standing out among the desert sands of Korriban. Good. Closing it, he returned it to his belt.

They won't let you kill anyone openly. The damned Sith's words echoed in his mind as he scanned the others present, and his gaze, such as it was, lit on Ashkaroth, a fellow acolyte and the target of his master's vengeance. She was a different Pureblood than had shoved him down, but equally as arrogant. Equally as dangerous. Equally as ahead in skill. Riises had much work before him to earn his freedom.

@Doctor Jax @Starlighter

Last edited:
Ashkaroth.png

Onboard a shuttle full of soon-to-be Sith acolytes, most people would be wary and nervous, glancing around at their fellow travelers, and mentally sizing up would-be opponents. It was a natural reaction, after all, seeing as the Sith and their hopefuls were not known for their mercy, kindness, common courtesy, or friendliness. No, only the strong rose to the top of the heap, standing over the bodies of their foes, and thus, most had good reason to fear any who would aspire to be Sith.

Except, perhaps, the Pureblood dozing in her seat next to a handsome sidepiece whom she'd considered snagging sometime later.

Ashkaroth sniffed suddenly as she was awoken by the jolt of the ship heading into Korriban's atmosphere, and she rubbed her face as she surveyed the others around her with boredom. Steamin' dreamboy to my right...Droid and a costumed freak... oh, that girl has a nice face, dunno what race she is... Another Pureblood -- handy... Miraluka the size of a bantha... other nobodies. And me. She smiled to herself, leaning back in her seat languidly. In all honesty, she was somewhat excited. These were all new experiences to her, new challenges to be faced, new thrills to enjoy and savor. She'd never been afraid of precarious situations, a fact her former master had bemoaned, and it seemed she'd landed herself in a pit of vipers enrolling at the Academy. This would be a fun ride.

As each got out of the shuttle as it landed on Korriban's bloody sands, Ashka waited until everyone else had taken their leave, deciding that bringing up the rear couldn't hurt anything. Display of weakness? Hardly, unless it was weakness to watch her Zeltron traveling partner leave. She levered herself out of her seat with a bit of stiffness -- long ride -- and noted that she hadn't eaten since the day before, her stomach grumbling. Lunch was in order, and quickly.

Rejoining the rest of the group, she listened to the Overseer's spiel, not at all surprised by the general run down, including the "threat" of retribution should students be caught murdering each other in plain sight. She resisted the urge to roll her eyes. At the least, this human -- a novelty! -- did not drone like Kradex had. Every word out of that Miraluka's mouth had threatened to force Ashka into beating her head into the nearest hard surface out of sheer boredom. The Pureblood turned her eyes to the trolley of lightsabers, as one of the acolytes immediately took up that moment to make his mark.

And make his mark he did. On his own face.

Just before the fracas had started, Ashka had swiftly and silently nudged a lightsaber off the trolley through a soft Force push, rolling it underneath before dropping it to just a few centimeters above the sand. By the time the acolyte was on the ground moaning, she had maneuvered it through the crowd of acolytes, biting her lip as she tried not to draw attention to herself. As the others began to step forward, she hooked hers to her belt without glancing at her hands, sidling up with the rest as if she, too, were about to purvey one.

So she was a little bit of a show-off, even to herself. She had to keep those skills honed somehow.

She found herself standing next to the Miraluka she'd spied on the shuttle, and she glanced up at him with a pair of lurid, yellow eyes.

"Not the friendliest bunch of people, huh?" she said, twirling her training saber around a finger.

Gaius_Titus.png

Gaius walked the steel decks of the Revenant, feeling completely at home on the transport ship. this wasn't his first time and it would likely not be his last as his boots echoed on the metal. For the most part the trip to korriban felt like it was to drive him insane. each of his fellow passengers where like mewing children, fighting amongst themselves over this or that. tho after half way through the trip Gaius earned the privilege of talking with his fellow troopers in the crew, then it became bearable.

when they finally arrived in orbit, he walked down to the hangar with his "classmates" he wore nothing but the standard body suit and boots that he would have worn under his armor, the large silver imperial symbol on the chest of the body suit. he had been stripped of his armor along with his blasters and gear upon boarding. all he was allowed was the duffel bag of toiletries and other standard trooper gear, which was funny to him. not much use for a blaster cleaning kit if he had no blaster, but that's army logic for you.

he set the bag down and stood in formation at attention as the captain gave his speech. mentally inside he was rolling his eyes. typical officer behavior, always wanting to make things into a ceremony. at the end of his speech the captain saluted, and Gaius snapped a salute back. holding back a smirk as the officer was surprised, none of the other groups returned his salute before, indeed none of the people other than Gaius returned it either. Gaius shrugged it off as they boarded the drop ship. typical civilians, all having no clue about military discipline.

as Gaius sat, stowing his bag overhead like he had on hundreds of drop ships before, he sat and looked in a little more detail at the people around him. noting the sith and his droid. he hadn't seen them before so they must of been more recent pick ups. the rest tho, teenagers and early twenties. a good variety of species. as they plummeted planet ward, Gaius noted those who were made uncomfortable by the rough ride. he remember his first drop. plummeting towards republic anti air fire, the low altitude jump out the back right into the enemy numbers. he sighed when they landed.
he headed down the ramp with the rest of the group towards their welcoming committee. a lone man standing on the steps of a old stone building. the temple if Gaius's memory hadn't faded to badly yet. he remembered being apart of the original reoccupation force a decade before, the place had really.... well it hadn't grown, just looked a little more uncovered. and had more modern tech around.

Gaius was shaken out of his thoughts when the man on the steps started talking. but zoned out again when he realized what this was. this was the same welcoming Gaius had received literal decades before at basic training. the man looked nothing like his old drill sergeant, but had the same poster and attitude. Gaius wondered for a moment, how had his old Drill fared? they hadn't talked since he graduated... before all this Gaius was a Staff Sergeant, he wondered if his drill had gone any farther or if they were the same rank now. hmm thoughts for later.

like his classmates he reached down and took hold of the silver handle of the training saber. it felt.... different. when Mistress Arup had first plucked him from the battlefields he had received minimal instruction in how to wield one of these. so as she put it "didn't cut off his own hand and embarrass her."

he watched as the young eager idiot charged the senior sith. and with no surprise got his ass handed to him on a silvered platter. his senior drill had done something similar. all that was missing now was the dull brain farm world boy who looks down the barrel of his blaster and paints the rest of the platoon with his brains. accidentally of course.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Starlighter
Khu.png

The blonde man fell back to the ground, nose bleeding and probably broken. As he held his nose a woman stood over him, her fist still balled up and nearly teary eyes. She looked down at him, her eyes told the story. She hated the man on the ground before her, she also loves him more anything in the universe. She was envious of him as well, he was actually Jedi and she was still just a damn Initiate! Scratch that, was an initiate, now she was nothing but a drop from the order. She didn't want it to go like this but it felt great letting someone from the order have it.

Her twin brother, Nilo, had risen through the order's ranks and had recently been Knighted while she was given news that she would be switch into the service corps. She obviously didn't take it well or she wouldn't be on a Sith transport ship. Her name is Khu Korig, taken by the Jedi at a young age and was eventually deemed unworthy by them to really join there ranks. She left the order knowing her potential would be wasted. Nilo attempted to stop her and she lashed out in anger at him. She expected him to go blow to blow with her like when they were children, but instead, he begged her even more for her not leave. This just made Khu even more frustrated, Nilo was more virtuous than she ever thought. She boarded the transport ship off the Jedi homeworld and into stars to never see her brother again.

She ended up jumping planet to planet as a smuggler making as many credits as she could, drinking and doing drugs. One day she met a Sith who took notice of her passion and potential to become very powerful. He set her up to become an acolyte and actually be something. Before she got on the Gage-class transport ship he told her one thing. "Disregard your Jedi teachings, most of it will only hinder you on Korriban. Compassion will be your downfall, I assure you. You must become like them to survive." With that, she boarded the transport ship with rest of the acolytes to Korriban.

Khu looked around the metallic grey interior of the transporter. Around her were many acolytes, some appeared powerful and others weak but all like her have fallen to the dark side. She wanted to feel out-of-place among them while deep down she knew this is where she belonged. She knew the Sith were cruel unlike the Jedi and this could be her last resting place if she was to slip up. She would need to stay on her toes and be ready to put down anyone who tried intimidate her.

The ship landed after what felt like forever and the exit ramp descended to the rocky landscape below. The acolyte descended the ramp and got their first look a Korriban. The sky was an orange-red, the red landscape was mostly stone, gravel, and sand. The academy was a short trek away, but first, they were met by a man with unkempt long brown hair and scraggly stubbles of hair across his chin. He had a stoic expression his face and his arms placed behind his back. In Khu words "He looked like a prick."

He introduced himself as Overseer Drascar and right off the bat he already started denigrating the group of Acolytes while going over the rules. He was a stereotypical Sith and would continue to disrespect them their entire time here. Khu would have to put up with his attitude for now and learn what she can from him. She knew she wasn't at the level she needed to be at to put him on his ass. Once he finished explaining the rules, he then had a young man, probably a slave, bring out a hover sled of training sabers.

The acolyte each took a saber and stood at attention. The Overseer then baited one of the more brash acolytes into being the first to use his saber in combat against him. The fool took it and defeated within the minute, now left unnecessarily disfigured.

Khu clipped her saber to her belt and shook her head at the Overseer. "The Sith are quite fond on pointless brutality I see." Khu said softly to herself. "You could have put your heel on his neck and got same humiliating resolute." She found this Sith method detestable and no way to teach someone.

Reactions: BlueFlameNikku

Riises.png

Korriban Academy
landing pad

"Not the friendliest bunch of people, huh?"

Riises had watched Ashkaroth approach with trepidation, his stomach slowly twisting into a harsh knot. What could she want with him? Did she intend to address him? That question had been quickly answered by her own. As the Pureblood had closed distance, some blonde woman had spoken, spouting some smart remark to the Overseer. She held herself with confidence, though with a touch of hesitation, as if the setting were familiar and yet unfamiliar to her. Riises didn't wait for the Overseer's reply; it would likely be in the same vein as that to the first acolyte, and if she couldn't take a hint from the large acolyte's mistake, then her time on Korriban would be short indeed. He couldn't help but feel as though he should intervene on her behalf. For a weakling such as himself, allies would be a boon on this ruined planet.

"No," he sighed, letting the words answer both Ashka and himself. His purpose was to survive long enough to slay the very woman who stood beside him; if this blonde wanted to be punished for a lack of control over her mouth, that was her own issue. He nodded her way, indicating the blonde to Ashkaroth. "Not the brightest, either. Doesn't seem too wise, challenging the Overseer with action or words."

Riises glanced down, placing her sight in his memory and trying as best he might to figure out the best manner to kill her. He might do so now; his overwhelming size and strength would surely get he job done. But if the point of her death was his freedom, what good would killing her now be? The Sith would end him, if not so immediately. Instead he extended a hand to the Pureblood.

"Riises."

@Doctor Jax

Overseer Drascar.png
Time of Day: Afternoon
Weather: Clear Skies with a light breeze

Overseer Drascar was stood idle once more as he let the situation that had just occurred settle into the acolytes; scratching at his stubble absent mindlessly. He'd hoped that little display would have changed the numerous and obviously bored little shits in front of him. He knew what he was spouting, he knew he'd be thinking the same way in fact that's exactly how he'd behaved at the start of his training as an acolyte but its the crap he had to spew cause it was his job now whether he liked it or not. To his vague amusement he watched as nearly every acolyte acquired a training saber in a different way some of which were quite flashy; clearly at work asserting themselves already it seemed to him.

His internal thoughts were interrupted however as a particular blonde female acolyte spoke up referring to what he'd just done to the much larger male acolyte. Drascar turned his gaze towards the girl seeming to have a sudden spark of interest for the first time in this initial welcoming. "Pointless you say...?" He responded before motioning to one of his assistance who hurried over with a data pad and followed along behind Drascar as he briskly walked over to the girl who spoke up. He swiped the data pad from the assistance's grasp and peered over her file as he'd been provided with information on all twenty students to varying levels of detail. "Khu...Korig..." He spoke her name aloud before focusing his gaze back onto her. When he spoke again he made no attempt to dampen his volume. "The scar that blow will now leave on that student's face will serve as a reminder to him...a reminder that will fill his very being with hate at his lack of power. That feeling will drive him...push him...and if he is strong he will use that gift to grow his potential." Without another word feeling he'd made his point, Drascar turned on his heels and started off up the steps towards the temple after motioning for the students to follow behind him; this included the large wounded man whom was swiftly escorted to the healing facility within the academy.

The overseer reluctantly gave the group a quick tour of the temple where they would be sleeping, eating and training from this day forwards. The inside architecture was an odd yet fascinating mix of sandstone, durasteel and other various bits of electrical wiring and metal lining the ceilings and walls. Every room within the structure was indeed lit with lights though they were all slightly dimmed. Various dark robbed individuals of varying species walk through the halls as Drascar leads the group to what would be considered the mess hall which was a large room with high ceilings and long durasteel tables, the dormitories which each had a single metal sliding door, a single cot bed with green sheets, metal storage trunk and nightstand and the healing facility which was mainly staffed by medical droids of various models. He'd explain on the way to the final destination on the tour that their other belongings would be flown in within the hour and once receiving said things they'd be able to choose a room back in the dormitories.

The second to last destination was the academy's mass archive library. A massive room on what would be presumed to be one of the lowest floors within the pyramid like structure. Different from the rest of the temple however the entire room was only lit by torches of flame connected to the sandstone walls and various candles scattered among tables and hanging black chandeliers. The numerous bookshelves that stretched high towards the ceiling around twenty feet high were constructed of a chard black wood with with old leather bound tomes and books lining each shelf. Here rested one of the largest concentrations of Sith knowledge in the galaxy. There could be multiple reasons why the texts haven't been recorded into digital forms but it wasn't a pressing matter.

"Knowledge is power...through power you gain victory..."

Drascar would say aimlessly to the group, reciting a small piece of the Sith code at the end. At the open double doors that lead into the vast library he'd turn to his students and repeat the Sith code in full as he was sure there were at least a few who hadn't heard it a of yet.

"Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.
The force shall free me."

"These words will guide on your road to greatness...if you have the ambition." After this there was one more destination on the tour and one more important individual for the acolytes. Afterwards the acolytes would be able to eat and settle in.

At the top of the temple after traversing countless stone steps the building opened up into a flat stone roof that had a large and slightly depressed circle dead center on the floor. There was also a figure sat cross legged in the middle of the circle facing the entrance. The figure was a hefty male zabrack wearing a black outfit with dark brown glove. His eyes were closed in meditation as Drascar and the group approached; a long handled lightsaber clipped onto his hip.

sith_warrior_by_hawksarts-d3hzbv1.jpg

"That man is Darth Chotar...he will be your Blademaster; teaching you the ways and techniques of lightsaber combat."

As if on cue the seated zabrack's eyes shot open revealing his scorching yellow orange irises with a piercing gaze that more so seemed to look through the people in front of him rather than at them. This man was clearly a Sith lord by those who knew the distinctions and not just any lord but one worthy of the title Blademaster. Darth Chotar rose to his feet and inspected his newest flock with a cold stare, his eyes panning from one end to the other. He reached out with the Force and gauged the power of each acolyte separately; his own presence encompassing the group like a ominous black cloud. His was low and a little gravely but his direct words were filled with strength. "There is potential here Drascar; you'd best not squander it." The zabrack stated almost eluding to past events. With a scoff the Oversser declared the tour's end and that they were free to grab a meal and unpack within the dorms.

Drascar informed them all that a slave would be waiting at the beginning of the hall near the dorms with all their belongings separated so no one's things would get mixed up and each pile would also contain a room number which would be the room they'd be staying in; the numbers being twenty through to forty.

Darth Chotar would state the first lightsaber combat drills would take place within a few hours once the single sun would begin to set. But for now the acolytes would be allowed some time to settle in from the journey they took to get here.​

Djak.png

The overseer's words made sense to Djak. It was something that would have helped one such as he, he thought. He could see it being a quicker path to the Dark Side than his more circuitous route through fear.

Then they were off on a tour of the facility, all shuffling along together.

Djak couldn't blend into the back of the group. Much as he would have liked to lower his head and not stand out, he knew he couldn't. He had to be bold, but not cocky. Confident, yet humble. Gorgeous, yet nonthreatening.

I have to have a sixty-inch screen and still fit in a pocket, be capable of time travel and have a telepathic user interface.

He lengthened his stride a bit, moving confidently to the front of the group, making no secret of looking all about him. The architecture was fascinating. He'd never seen anything like it back in school. What sort of creatures had built these things? What had inspired them? What had they loved, and what had they feared?

It was unlike anything else he'd seen before, and he found that he enjoyed it immensely. Something about it resonated with himself... this was the sort of thing that art should do. Inspire a sense of kindred spirit in the viewer. He grinned, his bright blue eyes dancing in the lights as he walked after their guide.

Please please please let there be a high-g gym.

Djak loved high-g workouts. Anything would do, whether it was sports, combat training, or just dancing. Especially dancing. He'd done enough high-g work that his joints were hardened enough to take high-impact training like dancing. He could work on his lightsaber forms in high gravity too. Now that could be very useful indeed. Imagine how much easier it would be to do those crazy acrobatics.

Really, when he thought about it, he was very lucky. Almost tailor-made to be the perfect Sith acolyte. Kriff, I suppose that means that the target on my back will be even bigger.

Then he realized something, a simple insight that would make things so much easier.

He wasn't going to be the first target. Hell, he wouldn't even be the second one. That realization made him almost sag with relief. Arrogant, arrogant, arrogant. No, the ones that the most attention would be on... would be the two Sith Purebloods. Of course! Success was their whole thing, right? Zeltron culture wasn't really focused on busting your ass to make it big, but Sith-the-Species would have had that ground into them all their lives, and everyone knew it. They'd be the measuring sticks. If they were the best, that would be only natural. If someone like he outstripped them...

Another flash of insight. Damn, he was getting good at these. I have to make friends with one of them. He couldn't be friends with both, that would be impossible. They'd be each other's biggest rivals. No, he had to pick one and be her second. Learn as much from her as possible. Be study-buddies.

Pausing to inspect a fading wall mural, he allowed the group to pass him by, then resumed his pace at the back of the formation. He couldn't allow something so trivial as the view from behind to be the deciding factor in choosing which to ally himself with, of course... but it wouldn't hurt to see what he was in for.

The shorter one, he decided. The shorter one at first, at any rate. She was bold but subtle, and was built like someone who had discipline. She'd twirled a lightsaber hilt earlier as if she was very familiar with their weight. If anyone had former lightsaber training, it was her.

What can I offer her in return, though?

The idea of being a yes-man was abhorrent. He didn't want to be a toadie or sycophant. Nor did he want to come groveling to her and beg for knowledge. No... he had to distinguish himself. He had to make himself an attractive prospect, someone interesting. Someone she might want to spend time with.

He doubted he could simply seduce her. His species' pheromones were not talked about in polite company, but a simple holonet information search would tell all. No, he would have to be genuinely attractive on more than a mere glandular level. Could he do it?

Of course I can. The Force can do anything, if I let it.

Satisfied, he settled back to soak in the overseer's next words. It was a mantra, some sort of code... he memorized it, reciting it back in his mind as they were shown through their living quarters, the library, the dueling ring. He was very disappointed to see that there was no gymnasium of any kind. I shall have to resort to improvised free weights. I hope I won't lose my mass.

The blademaster seemed a promising fellow. Djak immediately had a good feeling about him. If he worked hard and showed he wanted to learn, he had a feeling the blademaster would enjoy seeing a pupil flourish. Mastering a new art would be very enjoyable. Djak knew how to learn, he was considered adept in several forms of dance that were actually acceptable in polite company, his favorite being a form of ballet developed on Ryloth. Lightsaber fighting, he was certain, would use the same principles of stance and form.

And then they were done with the tour, sort of milling about the open area. With no personal effects to secure, he headed for a room, picking number 33 at random and ducking inside. The room was bare, devoid of any sort of comfort other than the bedding. He eyed the sheets thoughtfully for a long minute, considering whether he should make a kilt out of them for training. This was his only set of clothing, after all. What if it got ruined?

He thought then of a martial order he'd once watched a holodrama about. They'd had high levels of hygiene expected of them, but only one training uniform that was never to be mended. At the end of the training, if the pupil's uniform hadn't been reduced to rags, he was considered to have wasted his time. Glancing at himself in the mirror, he grimaced. The expensive synthleather clung to every curve of muscle, following the creases on his chest and abs as if it had been painted on. Instead of pockets, he'd worn a belt with pouches. It had been his favorite outfit.

Now those pouches were empty, and all he bore was the training lightsaber. He was tempted to switch it on and take a few practice swings. Glancing about to make sure there was nothing within reach for him to accidentally destroy, he triggered the weapon and held it at arm's length, slowly rotating it. The blade was... strange. The energy blade had almost no inertia. He could twirl a lit blade just as fast and easily as the hilt itself. He wasn't fighting with a stick, he was fighting with a feather. Maybe it's a good thing I don't have any bad habits from vibroblade training, then.

He swung it carefully, familiarizing himself with the balance, adjusting his grip till he found a good spot on the hilt. Then he began an infinity loop with his right hand, switched to his left, tried both hands, went back to his right. Djak considered himself ambidextrous, his brain didn't have the same hard-wired dominance that human brains did.

Insight. I must train with both hands to capitalize on this.

[fieldbox=Darth Primus & HK-51, red, solid, 8, book antiqua]
HK_and_Primus.png

The Sith Academy- it felt as if he was home again.

The halls were welcoming and the rooms inviting as Primus adjusted himself to the gravity of Korriban, even to the point wherein the Sith had the room he had lived in originally- room 25. Darth Chodor was a familar face, although Primus had never spent much time with him- he had done most of his lightsaber training with his former masters, seldom meeting with the Academy's blademaster.

But, more thanything else, Primus took to lingering in the library.

The knowledge of their predecessors lay both in the digital and written word, and from such Primus had further advanced his knowledge of the Dark Side, venturing into Sith magic and alchemy, ranging from various forced healing techniques to the crafting of powerful totems, leading to the ancient techniques used to create Sith beasts and protect the tombs of the ancient Sith Lords. Primus had done well using this power to small objects, although not to as massive a degree as a Sith Lord may be able to. But even then, such power... eluded him at this point. As he brushed his hand over one of the leather tomes, remembering when his former master began his training in this very place.

But, as nice as it was, the time to reminisce was over.

The Sith had his droid grab some food for him while the Sith entered his old room, which was almost notalgic in a sense as he walked over to the terminal beside the beside, inputing his old student information.

ID #: 3401726
Password: **********

Login accepted.

Welcome, Darth Primus. It has been over 1000 days since your last use of this terminal. Would you like to activate your backup data?

After a short time of the Sith fiddling with the technology in order to best suit his needs, HK-51 entered the room, placing the food on the bed and looking to his master as he turned around from the console, speaking quickly.

"Query: Master, this seems a bit unnecessary. While you are to comply with the orders of Emperor Malgus, this seems a bit far. Could you not use a hologenerator instead?"

Primus then sat on the bed, putting his hand over his mask and pressing two concealed buttons before taking a deep breath and removing the mask. His hood still covered the entirity of his face in shadow, allowing the Force user to eat and speak to his droid, although his voice was not modified as it was and the unaltered baritone faintly echoed throughout the room.

"HK, there are many here that would recognize me, including one of the acolytes. Keep an eye on Gaius Titus from now on. I do not believe him to be a threat, but he does intrigue me. Either way, given the situation at hand, it is far wiser to err on the side of caution than the side of risk. We have a great deal of work to do."

"Compliant Statement: As you wish, master. Do you wish to spar? I do believe it would ease your edge, so to speak."

The Sith chuckled for a moment, putting the now empty plate and utensils aside before picking up his mask and donning it once more with a deep breath while pressing those same, unseen buttons.

"Perhaps soon- we must go to the training grounds as is."

"Excited Statement: How wonderful! This may be a good opportunity to learn new ways on how to carve up some meatbags."
[/fieldbox]

Last edited:
Ashkaroth.png

Ashka again took in the large Miraluka before her. With a strange almost-fondness, she recalled a certain other someone who'd had the same build, same species, same penchant for stoicism, and she silently prayed that this blind man was not some carbon copy of her previous master. Things might get dicey (or diced) if that were the case. However, he seemed to exude... not friendliness per se, but she also got the feeling malice did not come to him easily. Still waters run deep, that old adage...

Ashka glanced at the blonde -- ooh, Mandalorian, and a gorgeous one with that gold hair -- as Riises noted her foolhardy decision to speak up about the treatment of the acolyte who'd just been downed. She raised her eyebrows in curiosity as she watched.

"Conviction's not a bad thing. Just a matter of discretion," Ashka said without passing judgment. There was something intriguing about someone who seemed intent on someone else's welfare, for ill or good. The Mandalorian had a strict sense of justice, did she? If she weren't careful, someone might call her a Jedi's lapdog. Nevertheless, Ashka was always interested in other's philosophy, even if she found them abhorrent or strange.

The Miraluka introduced himself as Riises, and she logged the name away. Couldn't be hard to remember -- he was the only Miraluka here. She shook the hand he offered with a wide smile, eyes hooded and teeth showing as she answered, "Name's Ashkaroth. Call me Ashka. Hope this ends up a mutually gratifying endeavor for us both."

With that, she followed the Overseer into the temple of acolytes, somewhat bored as he passed through the rooms. The sandstone was not at all unfamiliar to her, having lived on Korriban for the majority of her life, and she would have preferred to get on with lunch instead of going through a whole spiel on the academy. Besides that, he could let them explore! Seek out new things themselves! Let the emboldened blaze forth and learn from their mistakes when they walked into the wrong room! The only room she showed much interest in was the library. Immediately she perked up as she saw the walls lined with tomes, Sith knowledge locked away in paper or skin. There was something enticing in that, a thrill from learning ancient and forbidden things, if only she could understand it.

She'd have to come back here later.

With that, they met the blademaster -- who definitely felt them all through and through, a sensation she most definitely did not cherish -- and afterwards were released to gather their things. She was quick to grab hold of her belongings, which did not amount to much, other than a bag for her clothes and toilette, and headed to room 32. With that, she flopped on the cot and lay there a moment in the bare room. This felt oddly... not stimulating.

However, the sound of a training saber turning on in the next room was most definitely stimulating, and she rolled off her cot to investigate with soft footsteps. The Zeltron seemed to have picked up the room next to her -- oh goodie. She leaned against the doorjamb and watched for a few moments as he took turns with either hand, deftly swinging it about.

"Hey, not to shabby. Looks like you've held more than a broomstick before," Ashka noted. "Though you're a little bit choppy."

Riises.png

Korriban Academy

Riises sat on his bed, contemplating the day thus far. The number 27 hung over his door on the hall side; he'd not bothered to close it. The room was ... well, "utilitarian" was putting it kindly. If it wasn't for the sheet and the rather stiff mattress across which it was draped, one could easily mistake the acolyte quarters for those of monks of some order or another: bed, lockbox, a piece of furniture the Overseer generously called a nightstand, and absolutely nothing else. To come from the barracks of the Luka Sene, with every expression of ordered personality and such comfort as could be afforded to such a paramilitary organization, the Sith Academy dormitories were fairly depressing.

Nearly as depressing as the thought that this was his home for the foreseeable future. Hm. He leaned back to lie against the cold green sheets, lacing his fingers together across his chest. It'd take some time, training with the Seekers, to get even some refinement over his Far Sight. Even now it was usually vague and too ill applied to be off much use. Still he touched the Force, falling into it as he sought some guidance on where this might all end up for him. Yet there was nothing; emptiness met him like the chill of ice water, and he immediately returned to himself. No, he'd have to work it out on his own.

It might not be so bad. As Riises awaitedhis chance to kill, there was plenty to do. Many ways to grow stronger. The library had been intriguing, for starters, and while it seemed most of the twenty acolytes might be meatheads to some degree, it still provided a catalyst for growth that he might take advantage of. Yet, if he were honest with himself, the Miraluka craved the teachings of that Zabrak blademaster.

"Darth Chotar."

Riises muttered the name under his breath as he stared at the ceiling. Apart from desiring to become swift and deadly through expanded training in Djem So, the acolyte needed a point of relatability from a fellow alien that had risen in the Sith ranks so far. In a faction notorious for its racism, the Zabrak's position of power was encouraging.

The thought surprised him; perhaps the Sith were not as racist as he'd heard and believed. For all his hidden machination against her, Ashka had certainly not treated him poorly, despite being the epitome of Sith genetic excellence. When she'd introduced herself, he'd nodded appreciably, leaving his face empty of the fact that he already knew it. A mutually gratifying endeavor. Lying on his bed, he frowned, his mind returning as always it did to the whole point of his time here. He needed to focus; apart from becoming stronger to do the deed, his interest in blade work and Sith knowledge was dangerously distracting. The only thing that needed to occupy his mind was his goal.

Yet Riises' mind went to that blonde who had spoken up to the Overseer. It was surprising, to say the least, that he'd not exacted wrath against her. Perhaps it was yet to come. Either way, the woman, "Khu" needed to keep her mouth shut. He didn't care to be punished for the misdeeds of his fellows.

His few belongings still lay in a pile. Quickly sorting the few bits of clothing and personal care items into the lockbox, Riises rose and left his room, being sure to close the door behind him. Ensuring the training saber still hung from his belt, he began pacing the dorm hallways, seeking the blonde Khu with an intentionality that his casual demeanor belied.

@Cush Almighty

Djak.png

Djak heard a faint scuff of cloth on stone, but didn't pause in his practice till he heard a soft woman's voice. Turning, he saw the shorter of the two purebloods watching him. Come to think of it... hadn't she been seated next to him on the shuttle? He must have been more nervous than he'd thought, to have missed such a lovely sight.

"It's the first time I've ever held a weapon," he confessed. In truth, he'd been handling it more like a veil. He knew the basics of veil dancing, and the feel of the weapon was similar. Once he had a basis of movement, something more than awkward swings, he'd been feeling a lot more confident with the exotic weapon. "Zeltros is a socialist society, and the space station I lived on afterwards forbade all weapons." It had been a high-class luxury casino.

He switched the weapon off and grinned a bit sheepishly at the red-skinned woman. "I must confess, I'm a bit behind the curve compared to some of the other acolytes. I'm told my background will help--I used to dance--but I'm starting from the ground here. Maybe that's good, maybe I won't have any bad habits to overcome."

Hooking the hilt to his belt, he approached and held out his hand. "My name's Djak Mikos, by the way."

Khu.png

"Kho...Korig." The Overseer said aloud as he read over his datapad. He had announced her entire name to this crowd of strangers and drawing attention to her. She didn't want any these bastards to know her name unless she told them. The Overseer starred directly into Khu's cold blue eyes. He explained his act of cruelty upon the acolyte as a mark of motivation. He could seethe upon his humiliation and use it to grow in power. Khu understood what he trying to do, but did little to change the fact it was wrong. One of the Purebloods commented on her remark. She didn't sound judgemental and even noticed her conviction, still, Khu just wanted to tell her fuck off. She didn't give in to that impulse and stayed quiet. Unwise to make unnecessary enemies.

After his little speech, Overseer Drascar began their tour of the academy. He wasn't too into it and made sure to do the tour hastily. First was the large mess hall that rivaled Jedi Academy. Next was the dormitories which all looked alike, neither one distinctly different from the other. Each room had one cot and sheets, one storage trunk, and a nightstand with medical droids close by. The Jedi had a similar layout in their academy. The Sith, however, had a more ominous atmosphere thanks to the dimmed lights, dark robbed individuals shuffling about and darker energies around the academy ground itself.

Next, he showed them Library which held much Sith knowledge. The room was massive, filled far many bookshelves with books that have been on the shelves for ages. It was only lit by flames of candles, torches, and chandeliers. This was the largest amount of Sith knowledge in the galaxy, this definitively rivaled the Jedi Library.

The Overseer then stopped once they all had entire the library. He turned to them and recited the Code of The Sith. "Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken. The force shall free me."

This was the first time she actually heard the code in its entirety. It was different from what she's been taught since childhood, it completely contradicted it. So was this to be her mantra to gain power? That was here the only reason for coming here. Khu hoped they would limit the amount of knowledge could access at once like the Jedi did? She was sure there were many secrets the Jedi never let her know, how much of it was in this room, hidden between the pages.

As the tour continued they move to the upper level to meet the Blademaster. As they entered his chamber. he sat in the center of a depressed circle, legs cross and in a deep focus. He was Zabrack dressed in black robes and was physically imposing. His name was Darth Chotar and possesses piercing yellow eyes like the most powerful and corrupted of the Sith. Even though, Khu could see he was a fountain of knowledge and would pay close attention to him. He informed them that their training would start in a few hours and that a slave would be waiting near the dorms with their stuff.

Slavery, another thing she hated about Sith. They restricted ones freedom and made them into tools for their own ends. They were at the mercy of their captors and their captors weren't merciful people, that for sure. She took her stuff from the slave, she whispering an apology and picking a random dorm.

Khu had finish unpacking and was know laying on her bed with a cigarette in her mouth. She had lighter in hand and brought the flame to the other end of the cigarette. She let it burn first before inhaling the smoke and blowing it out the side of her mouth. She looked at the ceiling of her dorm trying to get comfortable. She needed time to take in her surroundings. She was really among them, on their sacred grounds. They were so different from the Jedi, instead of promoting peace and restraint, they promoted passion and freedom. The latter sounded more appealing but looking at people in charge of this place that way of thinking does something to you.

Khu had plenty of pent-up aggression to use thanks to Jedi and the 'restraint' they taught her. She was glad to be free of them, but being here meant she turned her back on them, including her brother. They were enemies know, simple as that. Khu was lost and she knew it, conflict on her place in life and the force. She hadn't even look at her lightsaber yet. She was afraid to ignite her saber all because she didn't want to see its color. She had joined the Sith without thinking about it. So many force users had completely lost themselves to the dark side in their search for power just like her. She would need to be careful and maintain in control of the power she would gain here or risk being consumed by it.

Khu sat up on her cot and moved to the edge of the bed to let her feet hang. She grabbed her lightsaber and examined the cold metal handle. She removed the cigarette and was about ignite her blade until she notices a Miraluka casual standing in her door. She looked at him and took another puff her cigarette before acknowledging his presence. "What?" She said hostile tone. She wondered what the blind bastard could ever want, was it about what she said earlier? Was he planning to test her metal? She sat there waiting for his replay confident she could handle anything he might throw at her. "Come on, answer me creep."

Last edited:
Gaius_Titus.png

Gaius watches quietly as the blonde girl gets her name read aloud. he doesn't say anything through the tour of the academy grounds. occasionally though Gaius sees the faded leftover scorch march on a wall or floor. the leftovers from the battle all those years ago in the original reoccupation of the planet. the memory of a particularly young and foolish sith from that battle comes to the fore front of Gaius's mind as he sees one particular scorch mark on the ground. the idiot jumped the barrier Giaus had been using for cover just as a thermal detonator landed at the kid's feet. Gaius had yanked him back over the barrier just in time. but hadn't paid attention after that. he wondered what ever happened to him... he probably didnt survive but there was always a chance.

Gaius came out of his memory as they reached the library. he had hated this room. all the sith demanding the troopers under there command be accurate, and executed anyone who missed and hit one of these ancient tomes. so much wasted life over some dusty paper. as the overseer rambles on, Gaius tries to pay attention. he caught the last sentence of the sith code. which would be a problem if he hadn't heard it spouted from the mouths of a dozen sith before him. some who got a blaster bolt to their face right after. words were one thing, deeds completely another. but... the old trooper knew he should at least learn it to pay word of mouth to it.

after the tour finished, Gaius went and grabbed his ruck and gear from the slave. happy to finally have something familiar. he walked down the different rooms and picked a empty one. he set his gear down and started unpacking. inside his ruck sack he found his armor and the armor stand he always used. in his other bag along with his various cleaning kits for weapons he didn't have and a hygiene kit he had his dress uniform. he set up the armor stand and began piecing his armor onto it. polishing the pieces a little as he went. he also pulled out a small silver square box. and set it on his night stand. he flipped it open, and inside were all of his metals. prominent and polished to perfection. in a small tray below all the dog-tags of fallen comrades sat. a constant reminder of the cost of valor and "courage."

one of the last things Gaius pulled out was a small silver container containing a half dozen cigars. he pulled a cigar out and then a small match from the inside. he struck the match off the wall and toked on the cigar a few times before it was for sure lit. after that he set everything into the trunk, hung up his ruck, clipped the training saber onto his belt which he put on instead of clipping it to the armor stand, and walked into the hallway. no need to make his room smell of cigar smoke... yet. he looked around and saw some of his classmates were socializing. his neighbor seemed to be visiting the person on the other side of her. while a little down the way he saw that the blind man was also standing just in the door way of someones room. Gaius pondered a bit then figured he might as well meet his neighbor. so with a spin of his heel he walked over to the sith woman, tugging on his cigar. the end burning brightly.

"you kids playing nice over here?" Gaius joked as he approached. when he reached the woman he offered his hand, "names Gaius. nice to meet you, guess we are gonna be neighbors." after that he looked inside the room and saw the other lad. Gaius didn't see what species he was, but he definitely recognized that build. only built from years at hard work in high g environments. a lot of the drop troopers had the same build, and Gaius knew how deadly it was.

Riises.png

Korriban Academy

Contrary to the Mandalorian's perception, Riises had arrived a mere moment before she had noticed him. Even that brief pause had been one of assessment as he tried to determine whether he wasn't confusing the blonde Khu for another acolyte. His search had after all been rather unproductive, and he'd thought that she'd maybe made herself busy elsewhere.

The curt greeting was all the confirmation he needed.

"I was looking to introduce myself," came the brief reply, taking no time to state the point. "We're likely to be given no end of trouble from the Overseer and other of his ilk. It's better we all have some familiarity with each other.

"I'm Riises."

His head dipped in a small bow of introduction as his nose wrinkled at the acrid smell of cigarette smoke. It wasn't ... unpleasant, the Miraluka thought absentmindedly. Just uncomfortably strong. It gave Khu the look of comfortable surety, as if she had no concern with the events that had led her here. Yet she gripped the training saber hilt in her hand like a drowning man would hold a rope thrown to him, and the impassioned outburst she'd delivered on the landing pad was not that of a person unconcerned with the predicament. Riises' hands slipped into his pockets. He'd had to hunt down wayward Miraluka as a Sene Seeker, and his Far Sight didn't always work out as he needed. Some small detective skill had needed to cover that weakness, particularly when his martial talent was nothing to speak of. A figure robed in black past by in the hall, face obscured. The Dark Side emanated off the person like stink off a tauntaun, and the acolyte's gut twisted in fear. Riises turned to stand at attention, hands snapping to his sides until the figure passed. He returned to his stance to face Khu, a bead of sweat visible on his forehead.

"You hold that saber with familiarity," he observed calmly, as if nothing had happened. It was a simple statement weighed with the hope of elaboration: had Khu learned from the Sith or from the Jedi?

@Cush Almighty

Resoh_Sherhess.png
Some of the others seemed to get sidetracked into their own conversations following the Overseer's example. One of the other acolyte's remarks gained the attention of Drascar. He announced her name to the group, pointing out that the whole thing had been a lesson. An obvious one and a more subtle one. The obvious she had caught - use your emotions, don't let them use you and don't start fights you are not certain you will win. The subtle one had her humming softly - learn from your mistakes. That should be common knowledge for all yet in context of Sith training it held a greater weight, because you could turn your failure and humiliation into an attack.

Resoh kept to place on the edges of the group. She paid close attention to the direction the idiot was taken, likely where the healing facility was located. Her attention then turned to the places Drascar pointed out to them, not surprised when they were led from the dormitories to the healing facility. The library was definitely a place she would be returning to. Frequently. For long hours. She didn't even need to hear the Sith code again to know that the knowledge found here would help her. Knowledge is power was something drilled into her by Sabisa and reinforced by her trips with Iliani. The more you know about different cultures, the easier it is to use the weaknesses and loopholes in those cultures.

Countless steps brought them to the end of their tour - a stone roof and meditating Zabrak. Darth Chotar, according to the Overseer. His eyes were followed by an ominous black cloud in the Force that Resoh narrowed her eyes against. She had felt something similar to this before, when the lord who had sent her here visited. He was assessing them all and did not find them entirely lacking, if his reply was sincere.

And then they were released. Resoh lingered after the others, turning her own pale gaze towards the Blademaster. She tilted her head at him in a brief nod before following the others, in no rush to claim possessions since they were just changes of clothes. Luckily few seemed to have claimed rooms, leaving her free to pick the one she wanted. She took 21 after a brief pause. Opening the storage trunk, she placed the duplicate of the clothes she wore now, a long-sleeved version of her top, and jacket inside. The boots were placed to the side of the trunk.

Now she had a few hours to kill before training began. Unlike some of the more distinct faces who wandered around and spoke to one another, she headed to the mess to grab a quick meal. She saw the HK droid leaving with food, obviously for his master, and wondered briefly what Darth Primus was up to. She once again wondered why they were with a bunch of acolytes - most of whom would likely die before the end of their training - before deciding to meditate on it at another time.

Once she had finished with her meal, Resoh headed for the library. She doubted there would be enough time to truly settle into something that caught her interested, instead using her free time getting a feel for how it was organized.