Star Wars: Whispers of Darkness (OoC)

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Question though...what is cutricorn and the power of tge bow?
I tried looking up the former without success

Question though...what is cutricorn and the power of tge bow?
I tried looking up the former without success
Crucitorn* you mean, it affects the mental processing of one's threshold for pain. And the lightsaber bow has no power it's not really anything extraordinary save being a variant as you would see a dual bladed or cross-guard saber. Just used for ranged purposes.

So who are the gm's for this besides @Sora1297?

Crucitorn* you mean, it affects the mental processing of one's threshold for pain. And the lightsaber bow has no power it's not really anything extraordinary save being a variant as you would see a dual bladed or cross-guard saber. Just used for ranged purposes.
That is actually pretty extraordinary to have a ranged weapon with the cutting power of a lightsaber.

And to properly reply to your comment about Shatterpoint. I ain't saying it being banned from the universe but being banned from use in general by players. It is an overpowered ability that is too ripe for abuse. I have seen it happen before. It is described to have the ability to break near-indestructable materials such as beskar and the such, one of the few materials that are resistant to lightsaber slashes. Not to mention that if you had a leg or ribs that had been broken but were nearly completely healed or just old scars, Shatterpoint could completely reopen them and not necessarily through touch.

And even I don't support Beskar being near indestructible and rather support that they are just the most resistant and can be cut but just not like a hot knife through butter as most materials are when it comes to the lightsaber.

At least with force lightning can be countered with insulated outfits and force choke takes a while and the choker has to be focused so being in a battle makes the ability useless if the choked person has friends along.

Shatterpoint is nigh instantaneous when it comes to it's use. It is too easily treated as an instant-kill ability.

It is not to question ability of the writer but better to have no one have such an ability despite their promise to not abuse it. When one wants it, more may want it and it may lead to an utter mess. I have seen it happen before.

Last edited:
He has not assigned a CO-GM. I am just a very opinionated player who is an avid consumer of the star wars lore and mythos.

I was never asking if you were, just wondering if it was not only him.

That is actually pretty extraordinary to have a ranged weapon with the cutting power of a lightsaber.

And to properly reply to your comment about Shatterpoint. I ain't saying it being banned from the universe but being banned from use in general by players. It is an overpowered ability that is too ripe for abuse. I have seen it happen before. It is described to have the ability to break near-indestructable materials such as beskar and the such, one of the few materials that are resistant to lightsaber slashes. Not to mention that if you had a leg or ribs that had been broken but were nearly completely healed or just old scars, Shatterpoint could completely reopen them and not necessarily through touch.

And even I don't support Beskar being near indestructible and rather support that they are just the most resistant and can be cut but just not like a hot knife through butter as most materials are when it comes to the lightsaber.

At least with force lightning can be countered with insulated outfits and force choke takes a while and the choker has to be focused so being in a battle makes the ability useless if the choked person has friends along.

Shatterpoint is nigh instantaneous when it comes to it's use. It is too easily treated as an instant-kill ability.

It is not to question ability of the writer but better to have no one have such an ability despite their promise to not abuse it. When one wants it, more may want it and it may lead to an utter mess. I have seen it happen before.
I appreciate all differences of opinion, I really do. Like I said I've considered your side I really have, but again it's not coming down. Sora knows my writing and knows the type of Rper I am, Shatterpoint is to be discovered in the long run not right away, and exactly as you said you haven't seen me rp, so appreciate my opinion to adapt Shatterpoint into my character not as a "ulta power" but as yet another mechanic to character development and growth. The force and its abilities are an extension of the user and their will.

This is my (or her) will lol. Thank you for your opinion, but no need in carrying this any longer. I look forward to rping with ya though!

• Love
Reactions: ~\The Talentless/~
What kind of fleet style will the Sith-Empire be using this time around? Something ala the stuff the Separatist's used doing the Clone Wars or leftovers from the Galactic Empire?

Probably a mixture. They're more like the Trade Federation due to the role they play (they are pretty much ex-communicated from any and all Republic matters), but I'd say they have a smaller fleet then they did when they were the Galactic Empire. They'd also probably have more advanced machines given the fact its in the future, so they could've modified some of the Trade Federation ships to use (they definitely reactivated the Battle Droids, making the Sith-Empire that much larger)

Probably a mixture. They're more like the Trade Federation due to the role they play (they are pretty much ex-communicated from any and all Republic matters), but I'd say they have a smaller fleet then they did when they were the Galactic Empire. They'd also probably have more advanced machines given the fact its in the future, so they could've modified some of the Trade Federation ships to use (they definitely reactivated the Battle Droids, making the Sith-Empire that much larger)
YAY DROIDS lol

I see.

Was it fine for me to take the Fleet Commander title?
If so I would like to grab 1 smaller Dreadnaught as flagship, 3 Star Destroyers, 2 Heavy Cruiser and 3 Cruisers.

Last edited by a moderator:
I appreciate all differences of opinion, I really do. Like I said I've considered your side I really have, but again it's not coming down. Sora knows my writing and knows the type of Rper I am, Shatterpoint is to be discovered in the long run not right away, and exactly as you said you haven't seen me rp, so appreciate my opinion to adapt Shatterpoint into my character not as a "ulta power" but as yet another mechanic to character development and growth. The force and its abilities are an extension of the user and their will.

This is my (or her) will lol. Thank you for your opinion, but no need in carrying this any longer. I look forward to rping with ya though!
I'm just cautious. Seen bad things ending with things like Shatterpoint. Really bad experience but it is good you do not take offense. I look forward to interact with you too.

I see.

Was it fine for me to take the Fleet Commander title?
If so I would like to grab 1 smaller Dreadnaught as flagship, 3 Star Destroyers, 2 Heavy Cruiser and 3 Cruisers.
Dreadnaughts are heavy cruisers.

From what I can read:

Dreadnaughts: All ships over 5000 meters length
Heavy Cruisers: Ships of roughly 600 - 1000 meters length

Source
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Anaxes_War_College_System

Sure, I guess you can take control as a Fleet Commander. But just as a heads up, you'll be in the same position as the 4 "Captain"'s from ESB (Empire Strikes Back), so do a good job or else your leader is gonna murder ya ^^

Guess we used two sources that contradict each other

Guess we used two sources that contradict each other
Yeah, but I will be using my own source. Since it will be my flagship it need to be big.

Sure, I guess you can take control as a Fleet Commander. But just as a heads up, you'll be in the same position as the 4 "Captain"'s from ESB (Empire Strikes Back), so do a good job or else your leader is gonna murder ya ^^
Ofc. I actually wouldn't mind losing Darious in a epik battle.

I have a couple questions, who will be playing as the Sith Lord? And when will this be starting?

I have a couple questions, who will be playing as the Sith Lord? And when will this be starting?

We had a Sith Lord, I thought. I'm not sure if whoever is playing them is still interested (I'll be doing mass-PM's next week), but if nobody takes it then I'll NPC a Palpatine-esque sith.

And its gonna start soon, I have a lot on my plate right now. There's 3 other group RP's I'm running that I still need to post in, so patience. I promise it won't take as long to start as the OoC.

Status
Not open for further replies.