Skeletons in the Closet (potassiumboron x Ms. Flair)

"...You told him we... did... it. Like that? In that way?" Kai suddenly whispered, having allowed the other to talk as he refilled his glass with soda, only for his eyes to jerk up at the other's words. He knew everyone at the party had crowded around the bathroom after the two had had sex, and it didn't take a genius to work out that that had occurred, but he didn't think anyone knew why it had occurred - because Kai forgot to take the injections to control his heat. It was embarrassing for him, greatly so, because most omegas tended to use the injections if they were single to avoid chaos erupting in a public place.

Kai didn't want word of his embarrassment being known by anyone but Travis. Adrian mentioned it so casually was horrifying, his lip bitten hard to avoid himself from getting too upset.

"Who told you? Do people know that's how it happened? Oh god," he whispered in panic, squeezing his eyes shut to get a hold of himself. "This is so embarrassing."

"I didn't want too but I needed to get it off my chest. It was something that was bothering me since it was all so confusing so much," Travis answered him. "I am sorry Kai," Travis said after, now looking away from Kai from the guilt of telling Adrian when he was going through a difficult situation.

"Yes, people do know about it. It was spread across the whole school in a matter of days," Adrian answered. "In Travis's defense, he was getting picked on ever since it happened. So try not too hard on him.." Adrian said after, standing up for his friend.

Reactions: potassiumboron
"I... wasn't being hard on him though? I only asked how people found out, I... I never attacked Travis over it-- why are you so defensive? I've said n-nothing bad about Travis. I only asked a question," the omega whispered in genuine horror at the sudden defensiveness, finding it almost an attack on him. He understood it if he'd actually yelled at Travis or directed hate in his direction... but all he had done was ask a question without any hint of anger. He was shocked by it, but feeling attacked over an understandable admission of shock felt... undeserved and unwarranted.

Especially when the man saying it was an alpha with an already intimidating appearance. Kai didn't need much to feel threatened, but that would certainly do it.

"...I want you both to... to leave now, I'm kinda tired, so... I-I'll text you tomorrow, Travis. About the date," he nodded as he averted his gaze to the ground, trying to hint that they ought to go as quickly as they could. "I, uh-- really need my beauty sleep, aha..."

Adrian had huffed out, staying where he was as Travis narrowed his gaze at Adrian with how he acted. With Kai now kicking them out of the house so early, Adrian slowly got up before he headed for the door. "Fine, I'm leaving. Thanks for food..." Adrian said leaving the house which left Travis behind. He didn't want to leave Kai just yet.

Moving to Kai, as he tried to go touch him. "I am sorry about Adrian. He is just a protective friend," Travis started to say. "I'll get going, you can keep the food for yourself. Enjoy it," he continued to say before heading for the door.

"See you later Kai. Text you later about our date.." he had said before he left. Not even talking to Adrian, as he just got into the car and started to drive back to the dorms. He still gave the guy a ride, he wasn't heartless. Later on though, Travis had texted Kai to make sure he was okay;

"Hey Kai. Are you alright? Did Adrian scare you or something else...?" Travis texted.

Kai wasn't sure why he had reacted as he did. Adrian was simply defending his friend. Sure, he had gotten the wrong end of the stick and assumed that Kai was being unfairly critical (which wasn't the case), but the fact he had been so quick to defend Travis against what he thought was criticism was surely a good thing? It showed that Travis had a good friend at his side, someone who had his back, and Kai knew that he should have said that.

Sure, he felt under attack, unjustly so, but he had overreacted and he felt bad for that. He owed an apology as much as Adrian did, even though he perhaps didn't need to apologise for being scared. He was used to dominant alphas back at home and they had always petrified him. Naturally, he was bound to grow more fearful than most omegas when his past was taken into consideration, so while Adrian was a good guy, Kai couldn't help but feel intimidated by any angry energy from an alpha.

He didn't want to explain that to Travis because, simply, he wasn't ready to go into details about his past and his unconventional family. About the alpha he was supposed to marry and that he had fled from. It was something he wanted to forget about, not go into details and discuss. He just wasn't ready for that.

So, when Travis texted, he rung him up and made sure not to talk about that, simply smiling to himself as he heard his voice.

"Hey, I'm fine-- I was tired, really. Or you guys could have stayed longer. I like Adrian, he's nice," he said down the phone as he sunk back into the bath, a glass of soda at his side. "I'm just exhausted-- work's been hectic and I think I've got a cold coming on. It's a lot, that's all-- I don't dislike Adrian, he's cool."

Travis was expecting a text coming back from Kai but got a phone call from him instead. Answering his phone, he heard what he said as they started to talk on the phone then.

"Tired huh? You do seem to work a lot. I would have to like to stay longer with you, just us. That's what I was thinking, and I am still sorry if he acted on my behalf. I think after that whole situation, he started to stand up for me...." Travis spoke over the phone. "Well, when do you want to go out on that date with me? You can choose any day, and we can run our schedules next to each other..."

" Also, I have an idea of what we can do. We can do like picnic and a movie maybe?" Travis suggested over the phone. "Unless you have a another idea for a date."

"A picnic sounds amazing-- that's the cutest idea ever, Travis. You're a real soppy romantic behind that whole tough exterior, aren't you?" Kai grinned from the other end of the phone, finding his cheeks grow red and his smile only widening the more he took into consideration just how romantic his boyfriend was. Hell, he found the very fact he even had a boyfriend astounding. It might have taken a few weeks for him to even make a friend, but all of a sudden, he was dating someone he liked immensely. It felt like whiplash, how quick things had developed, but he wouldn't change it for the world.

"...I wouldn't mind you coming back over tonight, if you wanted. I... have all this food left and, hey, I know I have a pretty big appetite, but even I can't eat all this," he laughed, biting his lip hopefully. "And... there's that movie I wanted us all to watch that I don't want to see alone. Horror movies are great but they scare the living hell out of me, so.... having you here would help? Just... don't bring Adrian. I want this to be just us tonight."

"I can be but I never been able to use those ideas. Most girls I dated don't want that, but then again. I tended to try to go for more of the ones with a damn stick up their butts..." Travis answered, laughing a little after. It was true, he had tried to use those same ideas but they always got turned down. Now he got to use some of those since he was dating Kai.

That what he couldn't believe. He was dating Kai, and being more out there. It would take some time, but he could handle it.

"You want me back over tonight? I wouldn't mind eating that food with you and spending more time with you," he said before continued to say after. "Yeah, horror movies are better to watch with someone else. I could never watch them alone...but I will be right over though," he said, after hanging up with him to go over back to his house.

Arriving back at the house, he had grabbed something sweet for them to share before he arrived there. Knocking on the door, waiting for an answer from Kai but he had cleaned up showing he was feeling better now.

Given how eager Kai usually was, the silence from within the apartment and the fact the door wasn't answered for several long, drawn out seconds probably should have given the indication that something was not quite okay. That concern was solidified when, instead of the small figure of Kai, the door was opened by a large figure whose frame filled the entire doorway. With his muscles bulging beneath his shirt and a dark glare in his eye, he was evidently not someone to be messed with. Even his deep, husky voice held within it the threat of imminent danger; a growl unsubtle and hidden within his guttural words.

"Are you the alpha that screwed my omega? Your scent's all over him. It is you, isn't it?" He grunted, his piercingly dark eyes narrowing as he glanced down at the other alpha, ignoring Kai's tearful attempts at calming him down.

Benjamin -or Benji as he was known in his camp- was from Kai's community in the woods; from a community of people who lived life away from the cities, in the woods where they operated a simple, clan-based life. Benji was the leader of said community, having recently been appointed as the clan leader... and now he wanted the omega he was supposed to have married weeks ago. Kai was his; they had been promised to one another the moment they were born - Kai's father had been the leader, and Benji was the son of the clan's strongest warrior. They were destined to be together - and evidently, Benji was far from happy that Kai had not only escaped his duties, but had found himself a boyfriend and a life that contradicted everything the clan stood for.

He hadn't taken long to track him down and now, he was intending to drag him back home and force him back to the lifestyle he had been born into. Sure, as leader, Benji could have multiple mates... but Kai was his, and he wasn't going to allow himself to go home embarrassed and humiliated by his omega's disobedience. Not a second longer.

"See, you're intruding on my property. You don't mess with another alpha's omega. Surely you know that," he continued gruffly, those strong muscles toughening as his fists clenched. "He's mine. This is your formal warning. Tracking him down and approaching him will lead to your death. Now leave before I throw you down those stairs."

Travis waited around for Kai, but when he felt the alpha presence and saw him then and there, he even let out a low growl himself. Listening to what he said, hearing the question that was coming from him. "Yes, I am the alpha that did that. I did smell yours, so I thought he wasn't taken. I saw no marks, and he didn't tell me about you either..." Travis answered him, telling him his answer.

"I do know that. I do understand that, but I also didn't know he was yours..." Travis said to him. Hearing those last words, he waited for the moment before letting out a sigh as he got to see Kai. Trying to get enough courage, which he did, "I will track him down and I don't care if my life is threatened. He has shown me to be my real self, not someone I hide behind!" Travis yelled out, as more growls escaped from him where his own hands turned into fists.

Starting to walk away, but stopped though, before turning toward the door. "Mark my words Kai. I will be back for you and take you from that hell he is putting you in..." Travis shouted before leaving for his car. Starting up his car, he drove back but stopped by to see Adrian to explain what had just happened. They talked about it, and it was Adrian who suggested who thought about giving or borrowing Travis' gun which he got as a gift from his dad.

Now it was gonna be tracking time and Travis would be armed.

Kai felt the warmth hit his chest when Travis declared that he would help him out. He knew, deep down, that Travis ought to stay away if he wanted to avoid getting himself into trouble and that it was selfish to want the alpha to risk himself just to save Kai from a situation he knew nothing about, mostly because Kai hadn't been confident to inform him.

But he couldn't help himself, smiling secretly in the hope that the other would rescue him from the horrid situation he had now been thrust right back into. He thought he'd escaped his community and gotten far enough away to avoid them forever, yet they could always find him and drag him back. Travis, therefore, was the only hope he had that he could leave the community forever, even if he felt fearful for Travis and the likelihood that he would just get hurt in the process of involving himself in a situation he knew nothing about.

Benji didn't take the threats seriously, nor did he think he had much to fear from the smaller, city alpha. He was weak in Benji's eyes, leading a life he didn't approve of and, thus, the much stronger alpha didn't respect him whatsoever... especially after he had slept with the omega he felt he had a claim to. Even though the heat was a valid excuse and the only thing that stopped Benji losing his temper, he still couldn't help but grimace, feeling Kai was tainted from that particular experience. It wasn't going to stop him from preparing to take Kai back to the woods, of course, helping him pack his clothes and then helping him down to the car - the community lived away from modern technology, but a car came in handy if anyone did try to escape, like Kai. It helped get the escapees back to the community they belonged in... a fate that Kai was now being driven back to after weeks on the run.

Travis had returned with it in a secret holster on him but he also carried his knife along with him. Reaching back there, he saw they were gone and on the run now. Following his car, as he followed the same tracks to where it stopped. Parking his car off to the side, Travis followed Kai scent which was just sent all sorts of adrenaline and energy through his whole alpha body.

His mind was on one thing and it was getting Kai away from that man. If it meant hurting or even killing that alpha, then he would do that. He would do anything, even commit murder.

Stopping at some tracks, he followed silently as he moved his hand to the holster. It was just a pistol, nothing big or anything like that.

Kai hadn't expected Travis to actually follow. As much as he clung to that hope, he felt it disappear when he was actually confined to the small space of the car with Benji, staring helplessly as the world outside blurred into a single collection of colours, given the speed his alpha was driving at. As soon as they came to the start of the woodlands, all his hope disappeared in a single second, his eyes wide when he took into consideration the fact that the woods meant the end of his freedom. He had no freedom back at the community, but when the woods came into sight and the car stopped right in front of them, he felt like his freedom had already left him.

That was until hearing Benji growl under his breath, his hands clenching the steering wheel so strongly that it bent in his grip. He knew they were being followed; he could even sense the other alpha's presence as he climbed from his car, muscles tightening as his fists clenched again. His teeth gritted together, eyes wild and furious as he ordered Kai to remain in the car, glancing around wildly for the sight of Travis.

"I know you're out there. What part of leave him alone don't you fucking understand?" He cursed, his voice deep and possessive as he growled. "I recommend you leave before I crush you, little boy."

Hiding behind one of the trees, as Travis kept himself hidden while he listened to how angry the alpha was getting. Travis kept himself in check, as he reached the gun and pulled it out. Keeping it to the side, not wanting to use it at all but he wanted to show this alpha that he meant business. Moving from the area though, Travis started to speak.

"Says the man who probably little down below~" Travis joked. "I have been told I'm stubborn and I actually like Kai. I will fight for what I like, so here I am..." Travis said, still trying to keep himself hidden.

"Step away from the car, and I will show where I am. Show you who the true alpha is...." Travis commented with a loud growl with the grip on the gun getting tighter. It was weird, he had never felt those strong alpha urges but here he was, acting upon those same urges. Like he was an alpha in the older times..

It didn't take long for the scent to become more apparent to the other alpha, though Travis' ability to blend in with his surroundings seamlessly confused Benji enough to keep the other's hiding spot secure. Angry with his inability to decipher the concealment, Benji growled loudly and kicked the nearby log, splitting it entirely in two. It didn't help the situation at all, but at least it controlled his anger - he didn't want to take it out on the car and lose a valuable vehicle, after all.

"You get the fuck out of wherever you're hiding; talk to me face to face, like a man," he murmured slowly, his piercing eyes narrowed as he glared around, only stopping to motion for Kai to be quiet. His whimpering and nervous whispers were hardly helping matters, after all.

"You like Kai?" He laughed aloud, seemingly finding that notion ludicrous. "He's not your fucking omega to like. You don't understand; you're not apart of our community. We don't lead lives like modern alphas and omegas. We do things the way they should be. Once an omega has been claimed, that's it; there's no fucking negotiating with nature."

"Eventually I will show you myself when the time is right. All in time, and I am a smart man who used my brain and surroundings. You are not, using your own brutal strength..." Travis said as he stayed where he was currently hiding.

"Yes, I do. I like his company...." Travis muttered. Hearing what he said, he just shook his head to that. He never saw any marks of him being claimed. "No marks of him being claimed either...so how could I know..." Travis commented. Seeing that he had moved far enough from the car, he was ready to take a shot.

Quickly firing a shot, the sound of the gunshot echoing through the forest it was fired. Coming into to view to see what he did, he got what he wanted. He had shot right in other shoulders, to decrease mobility there so he was threatening. Keeping it to the side for a moment, before aim again but didn't fire.

"You see, I don't want to kill you. Just damage you enough to learn a lesson that you better get away from Kai or more will come. More pain and more misery for you," Travis said seriously, ready to shoot another shot to defend himself but he also tried to pay attention to where Kai was. "Kai get away from here. I don't want you hurt because of this idiot..." Travis ordered his finger on the trigger, ready to fire at the moment.

The gunshot echoed loudly in the desolated forest area, a few birds squawking in response to the unnaturally loud interruption. The noise also rang absurdly loudly in Kai's ears, the omega only stepping out of the car when ordered to. If he hadn't been, it was entirely likely that he would have been sat in shock in the car for an indeterminably long time, his eyes locked on the bleeding alpha now collapsed onto the floor in agony.

Benji was far too weakened by the shock and the pain to even notice that Kai had stepped from the car, cursing weakly as he attempted to stop the steady stream of blood vacating his body. The blood made Kai naturally queasy, though he couldn't afford to be struck by it - at any moment, Benji might gather his senses and make another attack, and the omega really didn't want to have Travis be responsible for a murder. Bodily harm was serious enough.

"Let's go," he urged as he tugged at the alpha's sleeve, smiling in panic as he trailed through the overgrown grass towards Travis' car. "P-Please Travis, leave him, he-- he won't be getting up f-for a while, let's go while w-we can!"

Travis nodded his head silently, as he holstered the gun away into where he had it before. "Yeah but he does do it again, he may be leaving with more than one shot..." Travis said seriously, as he headed for his own vehicle but kept his eye on the alpha that he shot. Once at the car, he got in before sighing out.

"I know..you may look bad or different on me since I did that. I only did that to save you," Travis said, starting the car before starting to drive off back and toward the city. Part of him wanted to stop and help, but other part...wanted the alpha dead.

All of that blood~

"Am I taking you back to your place...or do you want to come to stay with me in my dorm. I can work around it with them....?" Travis asked.

"...I can't go to your college. People from that party are there and I can't face the embarrassment of being reminded of what they saw that night, Travis. I... Take me to a hotel or something. I can't go home right now either," he determined as he fiddled with his hands as a coping mechanism to deal with what he had seen... and to cope with the guilt he felt about leaving Benji bleeding on the ground alone.

Like Travis, one part of him wanted to help Benji. The other, while he didn't want him to die, just wanted Benji to be left alone and realise that he had better stay away or receive worse damage. Clearly, the omega had opted to follow the latter option, though it didn't stop him from growing guilty over it, his lip quivering as he fought back the urge to cry.

"T-That was-- self defence, right? Benji looked like he wanted to kill you," he whispered, trying his best to convince himself - though Travis had brought the gun along with every intention to use it. If he recognised that, Kai knew that he'd feel worse, so it was better to make something up and repeat it enough in his head that he started to believe it. "I-- don't want to talk about it. You did what you had to, I don't hate you; I hate him, not you."

Nodding his head, as Travis headed for some hotels that weren't that expensive to get a room from. "That's understandable," Travis said to him before he parked in front one of them he found before looking over at Kai now. Listening to him, he was about to speak but decided against though.

"He did want to kill me. For touching someone who he thought he was like some babarian..or tribal person...." Travis thought.

"Well, I can stay in the hotel room with you until you feel safe. Just in case, someone comes by and tries to take you back with force again...." Travis said to him. "If so, hopefully, I don't have to use that again..." Travis suggested. "I can work on getting you somewhere to stay, like with someone I know. I do know some betas and omegas, not from school either, people I know from my childhood..."