Skeletons in the Closet (potassiumboron x Ms. Flair)

"You think pushing a stroller is hard, huh? It's nothing compared to, you know, carrying them for nine months. That was tough," the omega snorted, a glimpse of his more relaxed personality shining through. There were parts of him that had been hidden for so long from anyone else, broken down and beaten by the fact he had gone through something as heartbreaking as infidelity and abandonment. After that, he had chosen to withdraw himself from the world, leaving characteristics from showing themselves. He wasn't a moody, cold person; he was fun and funny and nice and those parts of him hadn't really been able to shine a lot, only in private when he was with his babies.

Now, however, he surprised himself when the giggle left him, the sound being so foreign to him... but he refused to feel bad about it. For once, things were looking up and now he was allowing himself to break out of his shell again; be a part of the world and let people see the real him. It certainly helped matters when he found his eyes straying over Aki subtly, his breath quickening a little when he truly realised how handsome the alpha was. With his blonde hair, sculpted jaw and almost cherubic features, he was undoubtedly handsome - and when it had been literally months without any romantic contact, Kai inevitably felt himself grow hot under the collar at being so close to not only a nice alpha, but one who was his type through and through.

He had to force himself to calm down when his eyes strayed to Aki's biceps, the thought of the strong arms wrapping around him being too hot for him to really think about subtly. He forced the image aside and simply smiled again, his hands tight on the stroller for support.

"You want to drive me home? I-- that'd be nice, I'm not a confident driver. I get scared a lot," he admitted as he pointed out his small, old car parked a little ways down the street. "I mean... we're not supposed to have alphas find out where we are at the safe house unless we trust them, and we just met-- but I trust you, you're too sweet to turn out to be, like, a psycho killer or something."

"I bet it was. Carrying three kids like that would even be harder than working or bossing here..." Aki said with a chuckle, leaving his lips. Looking to Kai, he noticed how he was started to open up around him. Watching him over, and looking him over more, "You are pretty cool and strong, most omegas aren't like that. I like that to see that more..."

"That's fine to be scared of driving but don't let it ruin you while you are..." Aki started to say, "I do want to drive you home," he said after with his answer. Hearing that part, he stopped by the car of Kai. "Then I have an idea where you won't get in trouble with your safe house. I can drive you most of the way, and you take over the drive for last few minutes so I don't know where it is and you won't get in trouble," Aki suggested to him, ready to drive Kai there.

"I don't know where you are staying. So you will have to give me some directions, and I'll pull over whenever. I can get home by myself, like calling a cab or a uber. Or just walk back..." Aki said, before giving a wave to one of front door security who was walking in. "I hope you feel safe..."

"Do I feel safe? Around you or at the safehouse? If you mean around you, sure, I feel safe. You're a good man, Aki," smiled Kai naively, unaware of the criminal dealings, blackmailing and violence that went on within the other's family. That didn't necessarily mean Aki would hurt him, but being with someone whose family was involved in horrors like that would hardly be beneficial. Fortunately, he remained blissfully unaware of that, simply smiling to himself as he headed for the car.

"The safehouse is fine, but I miss having my own space, I guess. I used to have my own apartment, felt like a grown up. I had this cute diner job and... I felt like I was doing things right. Being independent. I miss that, in a way. When the babies are older and in school, when I won't need to rely on others to babysit, then I'll look for my own apartment," he decided firmly, more to himself than to Aki as if it was a simple promise to himself that, now it had been said aloud, he had to honour.

He calmly buckled the babies in the three baby seats in the back of the car, kissing each child on their forehead lovingly, before collapsing the stroller and setting it into the boot. With an exhausted sigh, he sat in the front of the car and buckled his seatbelt in, shooting Aki a smile as he watched him get in the driver's seat.

"So-- tomorrow I can start work, right? I, uh-- I'll be ready to do whatever you want me to do, no matter what it is. I just wanna get started."

Aki tried to not show what he was thinking when he heard those words come out about him. Him a good man? Did Kai not know about him or his family. It was better that way right now. If he found out, then it wouldn't end well for either of the party. Trying to get those pesky thoughts of his head at the moment, not wanting to think about those darker thoughts. Eventually, though, Kai would meet his other family member since they came to the club or he would truly see his true side. All he could say was, "Glad you feel safe about me..." Aki said.

"Good for you. Being independent is a good step forward..." Aki commented. "I wish could do that, but when you work with a family that could be hard for anyone..." Aki continued to say before getting ready to get into the car.

Getting into the driver seat, as he started the car up before he answered. "Yes of course. You will be starting with day training shifts, and I will see if I can get you some private lessons if you are willing to dance..." Aki said, leaving the offer up before he started to drive when he got the directions. He was rather silent for most the ride before he pulled off to the side when they were close enough to the safe house. "There, now I better get going. You have a good night Kai," Aki said turning off the car before climbing out of the car. Waving toward the other, before giving him a wink as he started to walk away.

Pulling out his phone, he sent a couple of messages that he would be heading to the family estate to discuss something and then heading to the club for later. Stopping, "Remember Kai. You better be prepared for what you see.." Aki had called out before he had made some distance between each other.

The wink set the omega into outrageous blushes, his hand reaching for his cheek to feel just how warm they had become, as he had all over. He offered a hand to wave back at the alpha, waiting for him to have made some distance before he got back into the car to drive towards the safe house, parking opposite it with a growing grin now fixed on his face at the feeling that everything, for once, was on the up.

It certainly helped his good mood to have an alpha be so nice to him; an alpha he also felt incredibly attracted to and who had granted him the job opportunity; a chance for him to make his own way in life and provide for his children. He knew that a single, working omega was a difficult thing for society to completely accept, deeming him a failure for not keeping an alpha around and for having to work in the first place, but he didn't care. He was proud of himself and having an alpha who employed him, who praised him rather than critique him, meant the world to the omega.

Hell, he was so happy to have the job that he didn't even find himself growing anxious about the prospect of dancing. If anything, it excited him to have the confidence, to be told that he could do whatever he put his mind to. Dancing wasn't something he ever thought he could do... but with Aki's support, Kai was genuinely confident in himself for the first time in his life.

Later in the night, Aki was back in his home where he moved to call Kai. He had called his sister beforehand to see if she was mad with him still since he had a job for her. It was teaching Kai how to dance, but if she wasn't available, he would ask someone else. He remembered his sister performing at the club and how he almost hit someone when someone tried to get close to his sister. That was the business though, as he had few other head girls who could really teach Kai there to be able to show his body.

Waiting for an answer from Kai, as he thought back on somethings which made his mind wander to the more dirty darker side. Trying to keep those thoughts at bay, but it was hard for the alpha to think like that since he hadn't gotten laid in quite some time ever since he split with a beta who his parents didn't like at all.

He had a guess that they wouldn't like Kai, but Kai had something. He had already kids who he could claim as heirs, and there seemed to be a vacant spot there. He did like Kai, not just for that part since he did like this single parent omega for his personality.

Though he trusted everyone in the safe house, Kai declined to mention the details of his new job in fear of judgement. He was proud of the fact he managed to get a job and wasted no time in telling everyone about it, but he kept the details of what it entailed to himself, just like he kept the details about Aki to himself too. Alphas weren't the most liked of people at the safe house for obvious reasons, those that had to seek refuge there doing so because of the abusive or untrustworthy alphas in their lives. Mentioning that he might like an alpha would only cause the others a the home to fill his mind with doubt, urging him to avoid dating until he was ready.

Aki's name would undoubtedly be recognised by some of the house. Kai was oblivious to the other's family and the reputation that they had, but others wouldn't be as clueless about it. They would only inform Kai of the danger Aki's family presented and the crimes they were rumoured to commit.

But because he kept the details to himself, nobody was able to inform him that Aki and his family were far from a normal, law-abiding family.

He was laying on his bed when he heard the call come through, answering it quickly so his children didn't stir from the sleep he had hushed them into. Seeing the caller was Aki made him smile to himself, a faint blush spreading in the hope that maybe this wasn't a call about work; that maybe, just maybe, Aki was as curious about him as he was.

"Aki, hi!" He answered quickly, cursing himself for how excited he sounded, forcing himself to be calmer. "I-- uh-- is everything okay?"