Skeletons in the Closet (potassiumboron x Ms. Flair)

Being close to Kai in age, and both being omegas, it was inevitable that Star knew who Kai was-- and thus knew where the conversation had been leading to before Travis wisely cut himself off. It was a good thing he had too because all talk of Kai inevitably led to upset, anger and, above all else, regret. Whilst some were angry with him for his decision, even they too just wanted him home where he belonged; where they could look after him and where he could be at the chief's side, again, where he belonged. Talking about him just ended with people growing emotional, and right now, Star didn't need to be any more emotional than he already was, given how important the day was to him.

He wanted it to all go smoothly, which Travis wasn't helping with. His awkwardness at being the only present alpha was understandable, but Star didn't see that. He assumed that Travis was the only one remaining because he specifically would mate with him, which made his awkwardness confusing to the teenager.

He didn't have time to dwell on it, feeling his cheeks grow hotter by the second as a knot in his stomach seemed to tighten and cause him to absently groan at the faintly uncomfortable feeling. Within a mere few seconds, that discomfort seemed to explode into unadulterated pleasure, the young omega gasping in surprise as the heat -his very first- overcame him and caused him to moan beneath his breath at how good it all felt. His eyes, clouded with lust, landed on Travis expectantly, no longer seeing him as just the friendly stranger. He was now the manifestation of masculine perfection, the omega seeing every muscle and taking in the height with a slow purr.

When a heat wasn't something to be embarrassed about, there were clear differences. Kai had been resistant and awkward; Star, meanwhile, was moaning enticingly as he rested his hands on his own hips, biting his lip hungrily. Nearby omegas witnessed the heat take place and smiled knowingly, gently leading the whining omega to a nearby hut; a woman, meanwhile, took Travis' hand and all but pulled him towards the same hut.

"You'll mate now. Do your duty as an alpha. He's waiting for you, stranger. He's not done this before but don't be gentle. Do what comes naturally."

Travis had noticed the change in the air around him, where he had touched a bad subject and that was why he stepped away from there. He also changed when smelled and sensed something different about that young omega that was nearby him. Looking toward him, as his eyes widen a little as he pulled at the shirt that he was wearing with how uncomfortable he was starting to feel.

Looking to him, he noticed the change in Star and Travis knew what that meant. It meant that this omega was going into his first heat.

Travis decided he would stay away for the moment, till he felt he was pulled toward where the hut was that was Star was put into. Looking to the woman, he tried to keep his cool as he spoke up. "My duty huh? I will do my best..." Travis said reaching the hut before sending the woman off. Getting into the hut, where he moved to try to strip down to his bare body.

Looking at him, as a low alpha growl came escaped from him. "I can believe this is gonna happen. You look ready Star..." Travis said, going over to Star as he started to attack him with nips and bites on Star before he positioned him to get inside and start the mating process.

The young omega, with his chocolate brown eyes wide in anticipation, only had time to murmur a desperate 'yes' before the other entered him If he wasn't in heat, the abruptness of the movement and the pain it would bring would be enough for him to mewl in discomfort, especially when he hadn't had sex before and Travis was hardly on the small side.

Yet, having entered heat -which was the first time he was expected to have sex-, it had prepared him well enough that the pain didn't register whatsoever. In fact, his first reaction was to gasp suddenly, his legs wrapping instinctively around the large man as he clung onto him, hands grasping at his back and nails digging into the flesh. Only a few seconds of adjusting to his size left the omega moaning in pleasure, arching his back and desperately pushing closer in the effort to allow Travis to go as deep as he could.

Under his breath, the teenager was mumbling in his native tongue, undoubtedly some murmurings for the alpha to do what he wanted and that he was now his omega to do with as he wished.

Travis moved his body with the other, going in deeper then before while feeling those legs and nails on his back. It felt great to him, like he was in control. Growls and groans came from as he continues to mate with the other as he look into omegas eyes.

He was starting to forget about Kai. Maybe he should stay.

He knew he wasn't gonna last long and he knew also that he wouldn't be able to pull out before he did. "So tight and wet for me..." Travis groaned out and it was pheromones coming off him now that he really letting his biology doing the acting instead of himself. Now he had more unfamiliar feeling in him, one to mark and show who Star is to him.

Moving to bite down, as he was starting the true mate marking process. At this moment, he wasn't thinking at the moment. Noah had came for his area, moving to wave to other omegas where he sat among them now. Noah was a omega, unwanted child and that was why he left.

It was ingrained in Star to let the alpha do what he wished. Omegas had been told n his community for centuries that their duties were to serve and pleasure their partners and let them do as they wished. It was far from utter domination, of course, and no alpha could hurt their omega without consequences. If they did take their domination too far and chose to hurt and abuse the omega under the belief that they could truly do whatever they wanted, they were punished and tossed out of the community. Sure, alphas were considered superior, whose true leadership and protective nature could grow and thrive under the environment of the community, but they were also expected to protect their omega and care and love them as much as the omega naturally cared and loved them.

Abuse of that was subject to severe and dire consequences.

But omegas were taught to at least let their alpha lead and dominate them. Hell, Star hadn't even had sex before and yet he knew instinctively to let the alpha's dominating nature lead. He was putty in his hands, in many ways, only answering through moans to let the other know what he liked and what he was less fond of. All he truly wanted, of course, was for the other to be happy - and he knew through Travis' own moans to adjust his behaviour and movements to make sure his alpha was pleasured. He rowed his hips with a faint giggle to himself at how happy the alpha was, even reaching to kiss him when he knew that the man was craving it.

As soon as the mark was placed on his skin, he felt in tune with him. He felt his entire body suddenly tingle and flame in realisation that he now had a master; his own alpha who he would devote his life to pleasuring. An alpha who would protect him, care for him and provide him with food, warmth, security and, hopefully, children, when the Gods decided it was their time.

Feeling the large alpha release deep inside of him made him softly moan in content, his own load releasing in tune with his. Panting heavily, he flung himself into the alpha's arms and cuddled up to him on his chest, capturing his lips in a heated kiss with contented purrs, his brown eyes sparkling. Being with his alpha, now they were mated, was a feeling of pure euphoria - equally, being separated from him for a long time would cause intense pain, but he didn't think he would ever experience that.

Travis was clearly growing to like the community and the ability for his alpha nature to thrive, so Star didn't even fathom that he would leave. Frankly, he wasn't going to let him go without a fight.

"...I... you marked me," he purred, his hand reaching to his neck with a proud grin on his face. "W-We must tell everyone! You're one of us now. This is our hut and... and you'll live here with me, of course. As my alpha."

After Travis had placed the mark, it felt like a connection and link of sorts between them. It felt even better than before, especially after that mark was placed. He had continued to move his hips before he moved in deep, and releasing deep inside of him. Travis had pulled out after that and tried to make some distance but it seems like Star wanted to be close with him after that.

Travis looked down at Star, as he slowly blinked his eyes as he looked down at him. Wrapping his arms around him naturally, where he moved kissed him back a little before he had pulled away from him slowly. "That...was..different..." Travis said, not able to make a proper sentence for the moment but was able to focus finally.

"Yes, I did mark you. I never thought of doing that, but I just did it," Travis spoke out, now going into shock. What about Kai and what if he didn't want to stay? He didn't want to leave Star behind now. "Y-Yeah, I hope they get back soon...but I am worried about my other life. I am going to school, have friends and...different life.."

Sighing, before looking for the exit, "Come on Star..can you stand or do you need my support.."

It was understandably disheartening for the omega to be so enamoured with someone who could only talk about his other life; who would only say that their experience was nothing more than 'different'. Star found his excited smile faltering a little, though he didn't place the blame on Travis or dislike him for the lack of compliments and closeness. He naturally was inclined to believe that he was at fault, that he didn't do enough to keep the alpha's attention and please him as much as he was used to.

All he could do was promise to himself to do better next time, assuming that there was a next time, anyway.

He changed in silence, too embarrassed with himself to say anything else, only speaking to assure the alpha that he could walk by himself with assistance. He put a smile on his face when he left the hut, not wanting to give the eager omegas waiting the impression that his first time hadn't been anything but fantastic, which it had been - he loved every second of it, until hearing how Travis felt about it anyway.

Seeing the hunters return was a relief, hoping that the food they found would be cooked quickly and help distract him from how badly he felt that he hadn't been good enough - because, naturally, that was what he believed and as his omega, he felt terrible for it.

Benji didn't feel terrible, of course, arriving back with a slow smile once realising that his plan had clearly worked out. One glance at Travis all but proved that he had had sex and marked Star, which was what he hoped would happen.

"...Are you staying for dinner, Travis?" He smiled, his arm now bandaged and his shot wound treated. "We'd love you to stay. I'm sure Star would love that too. You've marked him. It's not wise to leave his side or he will grow sick, and I'm sure you don't want that."

• Sympathy & Compassion
Reactions: BattyBerry
Walking alongside him, as Travis walked out with Star while looking over at Star before looking ahead. When seeing the hunters, he nodded toward them in a silent manner but his eyes did show that he had done the deed and there was still leftover lust in those eyes in his eyes. Joining everybody, as he watched how the meal was cooked and made while in the backlines.

Looking to Benji, Travis didn't give it anytime before he had nodded his head. "Yes, I am staying for dinner," Travis answered. "I know I can't just leave after just mating with him either. I will stay for the meal and maybe some more time, but that doesn't mean I am gonna stay..." He had said before his eyes widen when he saw his brother or who he thought was his brother. "Noah..is that you?" Travis questioned moving to go touch his brother before Noah nodded.

Moving to hug each other for a moment before Travis ruffled his brother hair, "I didn't know my own omega brother was in your tribe Kenji. I was told it was way farther out..." Travis commented. "I was originally in other one but I came here though after. Ran into some trouble, before one of the hunters found me.." Noah said. "I think it was you Kenji or someone else really.."

Benji observed the sudden reunion in clear shock, setting his arrows down and accepting the fur pelt from a nearby omega who hurried over to him As he adjusted the pelt over his broad, bare shoulders, the large alpha found himself unable to tear his attention away from the brothers, a slow smile finally making its way upon his lips.

If Travis had any intention to leave, then surely that intention was now obliterated. He had marked Star, but he could still leave despite the pain it would cause. However, how could he willingly abandon the brother he had thought was missing for a long period of time? Now he found the boy, surely he would prefer to stay and make up for lost time, fully integrating himself in the community at the same time.

At least, that's all Benji could hope for.

"...Yeah, I saved the kid," he nodded as he took a seat around the fire, smiling at every member of his community sat around him "He was thin and cold, shivering really. I did what anyone would do and took him in. I fed him, clothed him, ensured he had a place to rest his head. He has his own hut and he's a valuable member of my community, Travis. We care for him like we do anyone else."

Travis joined, as he sat there with his brother who sat near him. Noah nodded his head, "I ran into some trouble, before making my way into this area but I got only more trouble. I am glad he did save me, he helped me not give up," Noah explained, thankful for what Benji did for him.

Travis looked at his brother, before letting out a sigh. "I don't know what you are up too, but you are starting to make me rethink of wanting to stay or not. I really do want to stay here, but," Travis started but stopped him. "I will stay for the night even, " Travis continued to say, showing he was really giving it a chance. He had a mate, which he never thought he would get.

What about his love for Kai? It was still there, but it was currently locked away in his brain and new mate bond with Star was overpowering at the moment. Then something came to his mind, trying to get a look but noticed there was no mark on his brother. "You are an omega. What about your mate?" Travis asked.
Noah let out a sigh, "I don't have one yet Travis. I just help around here, and use my skills to help out..." Noah answered before saying. "The children do like me.."

Benji wouldn't deny that the moment he met Noah, he felt something for him. He was determined to find Kai and bring him back to the community because they were promised to one another when they were children. Benji had always been destined to be the chief, and Kai was a breeder, an omega with the ability to produce multiples with ease with was vital for any chief that wanted to show how strong he was and how good an alpha he was at producing children - and Kai was needed for that. Any omega could carry his children, that was true, but with Kai, he stood a good chance at having more children, and he needed that to consolidate his power.

And yet, he couldn't deny that he liked Noah. When he came across him that day in the woods, he could have left him struggling. Instead, he dropped everything and brought him to the community, lending him his undivided attention and nursing him back to health in the comfort of his own hut. He hadn't made a move, knowing that he was supposed to be with Kai, but sometimes it was tempting to just scoop the omega up close and imprint upon him.

He was the chief and he didn't have an omega. It was getting embarrassing for him, and Noah was unmarked and needed an alpha. It made sense that they couple up... but he couldn't help fighting the urge off when he remembered Kai and what he represented to him.

Even if he liked Noah more than he liked Kai - a fact he kept to himself for obvious reasons.

"You'll find one," he promised with ease as he nodded gratefully to the nearby woman who handed him a bowl of water to clean the deer's blood from his face. "You're an ideal omega. Perfect, in fact. Star found his alpha today; your turn won't be far behind."

Noah nodded his head toward him, "I am glad you think so," Noah said to him. Noah's face went red, as he heard that coming from the alpha chief. "Thank you for all of that. I know I will find someone for me, like my brother, did and Star. They found each other," Noah said after.

Travis nodded before it was told to them that food was ready to eat. The omega started to serve the alphas first, as Travis got some before everyone else started to get some like the children and omegas. Everyone started to eat together, as Travis was nervous about the food before he had tried it. "This feast taste pretty good. I am grateful that you wanted me even here..." Travis said as he ate his food.

"You did become Star's mate on his first-ever heat. So that's an honor too," Noah mentioned. "I hope you stay here brother. I want our family to get together even it is us," Noah said after as Travis let out a sigh looking away from everyone for the time being before looking back showing that things were happening in his mind.

"I may really stay. I don't want to hurt Star.." Travis mumbled.

Star's attention was immediately piqued at the comment, his sparkling eyes wide in the hope that his mate would stick around and became a true member of their community. He already had two huge reasons to stay, after all: one, his brother was here and in a place he felt safe and secure, and two, Star was here and marked by Travis, meaning that separation would drive the two mad without the other. He needed to stay for that reason alone, though hopefully, Noah being here would tip the scales and make Travis realise that this was the place he was always destined to be, a place where he could be accepted for who he was and let his alpha nature truly come out.

"You should stay," he confirmed as he dared to press in closer to his mate, almost purring as he pressed up close to his muscled arm and felt the warmth of his body against his own. They had only just mated, and his heat had gone for now, but as they were mates, he felt naturally drawn to him. Travis was the man that made Star feel hot and turned on, and it was difficult for the omega not to climb into his lap and make out with him there and then.

He restrained himself to simply snuggling up against his strong body, smiling cutely up at the alpha with slow purrs. "We have our own hut now I'm 18. We... could share a bed tonight, like mates do. I want this to be your home, Travis-- I... I'd love to truly get to know the man that mated with me~"

Travis looked over at Star when he spoke that, and he knew what Star was saying was right. He should stay, now that his brother was there and that he had a mate now. Feeling the other press against him, as he felt his body vibrate throughout him like an energy pulse of alpha aura. Trying to ignore what he was feeling at that moment for now, but he wanted to get closer to the other. Was this love or just his instincts wanting to do it.

He would need to make sure, he didn't just act on those even if it meant going against biology.

"We have a hut huh? That seems pretty special," Travis commented before hearing that part which made his heart beat faster. He always wanted something like that, sharing a bed with someone. He had his own issues with sleeping, so maybe someone in same bed could help with that. "Well, I did say I am willing to give it try. No promises," Travis told Star before bringing the other into a quick peck.

"I know this may sound crazy, but I want to go back home though. To deal with unfinished business.."

Star's smile faded a little at the confession, feeling instantly that being in a relationship with Travis was far more confusing than he thought a relationship should be. Everyone else's alpha was dedicated to their omega or their woman, determined to fulfil their alpha role and return home from the hunt to spend time with the one they had dedicated their lives to.

Star had been told that he was destined to be with an alpha like that, who would want to be near him at all times and who would ravish him. Instead, all his alpha seemed to want to do was be away from him. He clearly wasn't too eager about being in the hut with him, which Star could overlook, but he couldn't pretend to ignore the last remark, his confusion quickly becoming hurt and pain as he stared woefully at his alpha. "But... you can't go home, this is your home. What unfinished business c-could you possibly have!"

"...Kai is inconsequential to you now," reminded Benji sternly, the chief's strong jaw clenched as he witnessed Star's teary heartbreak. Star was an omega in his clan, a mere 18 year old, and while he wasn't his omega, Benji still felt a desire to protect him, as he did all those in the tribe. "Kai is not returning here, I have made my mind up on that. He chose to leave, and now we have an alpha take his place here. You have nothing to go 'home' to. you have everything you need here."

• Spicy
Reactions: BattyBerry
Travis looked away for a moment, not wanting to face Star and what he was putting him through. Looking back at Star, he was about to say something but was stopped dead in his tracks with what Benji was saying. How could someone say that about someone, and it was even strange to have it come from Benji who seemed to want him back.

Rest of the tribe muttered among each other, some shocked too. Noah wasn't since he didn't know much about Kai or how important he was. He may have seen things when Kai was there, but never really interacted him. So when he left, he didn't know what the big deal was all about.

"He still is to me.." Travis thought to himself. "He is not allowed back? I am surprised it came from you. I think I need time..." he said before slowly getting up before shoving his hands into his pocket. "I am not gonna be long..just a walk to clear my head. My head is all confused.."

"Then give your phone, your wallet and your keys to me. You won't be able leave for sure..." Noah said before Travis tossed them to him before walked away. When he was far enough, he had sat down to lean his body against the tree. Trying to process what was happening through him..

Back at the tribe, Noah held onto his things before sighing. "He is just frustrated. Don't go after him, let him cool off. Kenji, would it be alright if we discuss privately about this matter? I am only person who knows him..and can help.."

Benji knew that his decision wouldn't go down too well among the tribe, already seeing Kai's mother grow teary from the corner of his eye, but it was a decision he felt he had to make. He could spend weeks chasing down Kai and dragging him back, but the omega would always want to leave again to the world beyond the community. There were only so many times he could chase after him and dedicate his valuable time in trying to convince him to stay when he didn't want to. If he wanted no part in the community, then he was banned - it was as simple as that.

It wasn't an easy decision to come to, having wanted Kai to be his mate and felt destined to be so ever since they were both young, but he also knew that chasing Kai for years would mean he ran out of time himself. He wanted a mate now - he couldn't waste years of his life chasing someone who wanted nothing to do with him or his community.

It was time he set his sights elsewhere, onto another omega who actually wanted to be a member of the tribe - and naturally, his eyes fell on Noah.

"Of course, let's go to your hut and speak in private," he agreed, heaving his large, muscular body up from the log with a groan. "You can treat me for the shot wound I received, too. You're the tribe's healer and I trust you to stitch me up, Noah. Let's do that away from the others."

Noah nodded his head, keeping a hold of his brother's things for now. "That would be good. Discuss there," Noah said before moving to go help Kenji out as he wrapped his around him to keep him and help him out there. "That is very true, I also did help birth children," Noah said after leaving with him before he was too far enough, he tossed back one of the things of his brother toward Star. It was his keys, as they landed nearby him, "I trust you Star to keep him here..." Noah called out.

Entering the hut, he had closed it off as he started to deal with wounds then and there. Leaving the things on the far side of where he slept, while he worked on that wound. Letting out a sigh, and even groaned out, "I can't believe you are letting my brother stay. I know he wants to follow and stay with Star, but it's his other life. He tried to stop me from leaving home that night, but that didn't stop me and look where I am now..."

Finishing with dealing with that wound, he had sighed back. "Star has his car keys. He won't be able to make it far without it," Noah started to say before huffing out. "You know I could handle it but I may need to interact with that Kai. Don't worry, not gonna hurt him but tell him that the Travis he knew is with us. Then the rest, I will handle because of my brother still trusts me..even it has diminished a little.."

"...I don't want you leaving the community to seek out that troublesome omega, Noah. Kai's... he's not a bad person, but he's chosen his path and now he has to deal with it. I'm sure he'll get the message about Kai. He's not stupid; he's rather smart. I'm sure he'll figure it out that Travis has realised that his future is with us," the alpha grunted, not out of anger but out of pain as he allowed the other to fix his wound for him. If anything, he held back the snarls of pain, not wanting to scare Noah now he had him so close to him and could truly come to realise that this was the omega he had that yearning to be with.

He wasn't Kai and he didn't come from a family of 'breeders' with important abilities, that was true, but Benji had given up hoping that Kai would return. Even if he did, he just didn't have a connection to him; he felt a protectiveness for him, being an omega that had been from the community, but he had no romantic yearning to have the omega in his arms. With Noah, he felt that; he felt his heartbeat quicken when he looked at him and he felt the urge to pull him into his muscular arms and hold him close.

That was all the evidence he needed to realise that Noah was the one he was destined to be with. Kai, therefore, meant nothing to him anymore and he was happy to banish him and leave him get on with his life.

"...Now Kai's gone, I can seek out the omega I wanted to be with," he smiled as he eased his shirt back on with a faint wince. "Do... you... perhaps see me as an alpha you'd like to be with? I know you're seeking an alpha and I have always found you to be... appealing, Noah. I like you a great deal."

Noah nodded his head toward Benji, as he didn't want to go against him but there was still part of him that wanted to against it. "I know he is not a bad person. I was here before he left," Noah mentioned with a nod of his head. Watching how he was reacting to the bandaging but he didn't take it personally. He knew that Benji must be in some pain.

"You are gonna seek out a new omega, good for you. Forget about them," Noah mentioned before he just moved to help Benji with the shirt. "Be careful you know. Don't want to push yourself too much," Noah told him while helping him out. He froze in the spot when asked that question as he looked around like he didn't think Benji was talking about him. He was silent, not saying anything for the moment before he let out a sigh with a smile coming across his face.

"I do see that with that you but I didn't think something like that would happen," Noah said to him. Noah moved to get closer, as he raised his hand to touch him. "I want to be with you but now I have to worry about my brother..." Noah said next before moving to go lay down by Benji side. Looking through the phone, before rolling his eyes, "Speak of the devil. His number in here.."

-

Travis had come back from the walk, before looking around rather frustrated. He didn't have anything on him but decided to go Star to see if he had something or knew where his brother was at. "Where is my stuff? Where is my brother?"