I got invited to this Roleplay and it look incredible. Once I get caught up on personal Roleplay requests and 1x1s, I'd love to hop in this if that's alright?

• Love
Reactions: Chewy Rabbits
That is fine.

Hey! @Chewy Rabbits invited me to this, it sounds awesome and I was wondering if I could hop in?

Appearance:
(art by min-min-minnie on tumblr!)

tumblr_nal6texl5H1r0x7kyo1_500.png

Name: Cecil Palmer

Age: *shrugging emoji* it's a mystery, but he appears in his early 30's?

Canon: Welcome to Nightvale

Personality: Cecil Gershwin Palmer

He thinks of himself as a kind, ethical man and often says so. He's friendly, pretty dorky, and usually soft-spoken, and cares for his loved ones. He has a very cheery outlook on life, despite the monstrous horrors of his dystopian town (and the fact it's run by Secret Police) making him quite naive.

That naivety leaves him with some flaws. He has no problems about the multiple intern deaths he's probably caused, is comfortable with legal murder, and praises the Secret Police.

Cecil can be selfish and impulsive, and used his radio show to make cruel statements about people he hates or to flirt with his crush/boyf Carlos on air, and has even publicly complained about Nightvale's politicians. So, his morals are probably Lawful Neutral and his personality more of a Chaotic Good.​

I'm waiting to see if a few more peeps get their CSes in soon so I can just add y'all new folks in a PM and give you your partners. But I gotta say I'm loving what I'm seeing so far! : ) @wakely

• Love
Reactions: Takumi and extinct
Are we allowed to request a partner? If so, obviously you'd have to agree to the requested one, just curious since I'd like to if I can.

• Useful
Haven't had anybody who's requested a partner but if you've got an idea and I feel like I can pull them off sure. But remember they gotta be a 'horror' character and such. If I don't feel it fits I'll deny it.

But that said feel free to shoot off an idea if ye want.

Reactions: Takumi
I'm thinking either Samara (The Ring) or Kiyoko (The Grudge).

Shiiit son, those are some good ideas lol.

I can do Samara for ya. Nice taste in horror peeps, Kyy :)

Lol thanks XD I only said those cuz my favorite is already taken. Mike Myers. But I do like Samara and Kiyoko too.

• Love
I'm suddenly not feeling so hot and I still got a maelstrom of replies I need to make in other RPs but I'm glad I could at least get your partner done, Kyy.

Yeah Michael Myers was given to Chun Li(Ringmaster) lol.

But that said for the folks who are currently IN SFU right now, I'mma try to do a post tomorrow. Then I'll try to get Kyy, Wakely, and whoever else joins into the RP soon. Right now tho I'mma sleep. Night folks.

Happy Thanksgiving, you guys! Thanks for sticking with me and Kay throughout this RP :)

• Love
Reactions: extinct
Still feeling pretty under the weather but one positive thing came out of today. Got an application for a place I've really been eyeing to work at.

Sorry for the delay in giving new folks their partners tho @wakely @Blake Belladonna :(

Thanks for the support, Kyy! Looking forward to playing off your PC! :)

Also expect @Dec @Greenie @Tarieles as potential entries. Provided they get a chance to do so lol.

For right now though I'mma take an asprin and lay down x_x

Reactions: Takumi and Dec
Yeah no worries :) Take your time with getting better, that's priority!

Appearance:
Miko Outfit

QBRQWSp.png

Everyday clothes

uwfAalD.jpg

Nightmare Tager form

OBvf803.jpg

This is some old art, and in hindsight, there's a lot wrong with it.

Name: Saya Koizumi

Canon: OC. Technically the CthulhuTech Tabletop Role-playing game (or its setting); she's from an old campaign, at least.

Personality:
Saya is an awfully bright, cheerful girl for someone suffering from severe illness. She's friendly, outgoing, and enjoys doing whatever she can to run around and enjoy life when she's feeling well. It's almost like she's making up for lost time when she's too sick to do much of anything. She doesn't want to be a burden to anyone, and insists on helping others whenever possible, in whatever way she can. Not much can really get her down for long, and if she sees another suffering, she'll put forth an effort to help them. One could probably call her stupidly trusting, particularly of her friends, as she is liable to not notice plotting around her until it's far too late to do anything about it.

Impulsive and stubborn, Saya is quick to act without thinking and worse, stick with her course of action to see it through. Usually, this means taking the most obvious of solutions available, and just going straight through problems rather than thinking one's way around them. It also means she tends to pursue people she's interested in with relentless determination, or will drag her friends along with her into whatever adventure she decided to pursue. She will force you to dress up in cosplay at some point, if you spend enough time around her.

Being bonded with a horror from another dimension is not without its side-effects, and her general demeanor and personality has slowly begun to change to reflect her symbiont's usual outlook. She's become more casually cruel and violent. Her temper hasn't cooled particularly much, but when she does move toward a colder form of rage, she can be downright menacing. At least she hasn't developed a murderous streak...yet. She is also completely delusional, believing herself to be a magical girl, just like the cartoon heroines she idolizes. Whether this extends to her perception of herself and the world is perhaps difficult to tell, although she does seem to have no problem behaving like a cute heroine while looking like an inhuman monster, regardless of onlookers' reactions. Her...unusual outlook can also cause her to take things less seriously than others might, as in some ways, it's all fun and games to her.

History:
Saya is the child of a shinto priest, and lives at her family's shrine, often working as a miko there. She seems to have been born under a cursed star, as she has a host of problems. Her skin is porcelain-white, she burns easily, and she has trouble seeing in bright light. She suffers from some sort of illness which tends to have her in and out of the hospital on a frequent basis. She doesn't really enjoy such trips any more, finding them routine and usually bringing bad news or meaning a nice stay as she's treated. She has faint surgical scars on places, and isn't afraid to point them out or explain why she needed them. She's managed to maintain a positive outlook in life, at least, and if anything seems to enjoy things more because she is far too aware of her own fragile mortality.

Saya has an older sister, Kagami, whom she adores, although she does often tease her about being a "total slut" due to her habits of changing boyfriends frequently. She and her sister split the chores and shrine duties, and are usually seen doing the typical things siblings do, which is usually either hang out, or quarrel endlessly. Her school life is fairly ordinary: she has friends, and enjoys spending time with them. She does well enough in most of her classes, and has some extracurricular ones, often to supplement what she misses during a hospital stay. She seems to be particularly good at math, for whatever reason. She's a member of the cosplay club and enjoys making and wearing fancy costumes.

Her bonding to a Nightmare was an accident due to an interrupted ritual, and she was neither its intended recipient, nor someone the Eldritch Society was originally aware of. If anything, it seems more that she was in the right place at the right time, and proved a somehow suitable host despite her frail body and lack of training or mental preparation, though something quite probably snapped within her during the process. Saya's quite thankful for it and wouldn't change if she had a chance to do everything over again, in large part because she's now healthier than she has been in years. Being free to actually enjoy herself without suffering or eventually returning to a hospital bed is a blessing, and she isn't going to question from whence it comes.

Powers:
Saya is a tager, a human who has been mystically bonded to an extradimensional alien in a sort of strange symbiosis. The creature feeds upon her innate magical energies, and can be called upon to manifest itself around her like some sort of monstrous powered armor. Essentially, she's a Lovecraftian Horror Guyver (seriously, CTech wears its influences on its sleeve for this whole thing). The creature she is bonded to is nicknamed a "Nightmare", and is some sort of predator in its native realm.

In her human form, Saya isn't all that much different from any other girl her age. She does benefit from enhanced strength and toughness, but she is still far from superhuman. Her ability to recover from injury, however, remains extremely rapid, and it is probably for this reason that she is enjoying such good health, as her body heals far faster than it can otherwise fall apart. She still suffers symptoms of her illness such as horrible chronic pain, coughing up blood, and other assorted unpleasant things, she just doesn't need to keep rushing to the hospital.

In either form, she is capable of vaguely sensing supernatural entities, although she can get little more than whether or not someone is, in fact, human. She can shift between forms instantly, and physical barriers or restraints are no obstacle, being destroyed in the moment of transformation.

Transformed, Saya is much stronger faster, and tougher than a human. In addition to being covered in an armored hide, a nightmare is capable of regenerating extremely quickly, recovering from near death to perfect shape in a matter of hours, if not even faster. Her tager form is capable of leaping inhumanly long distances and clinging to and scaling walls like some sort of bizarre insect or warped, humanoid gecko.

In addition to the long, powerful claws tipping her hands and feet, she possesses tentacles capable of grappling or entangling their victims. She is also capable of various ranged attacks, either firing powerful blasts of energy, or waves of energy which follow surfaces, bending around corners and negotiating cover with relative ease. Her most powerful attack condenses energy in front of her, before firing a triggering blast which releases all the stored energy at once in an eight foot tall, five foot wide beam which cuts a swathe of destruction in a straight line for 400 yards, happily punching through walls and other solid objects in the way. For whatever reason, for Saya, horrible eldrtich energies are bright pink.

If any of this seems like utter bullshit, let me know.

• Nice Execution!
Hot damn it looks like you got a pretty fucking awesome PC here lol.

I'll give it a look over in a bit! ^^

Saya is fine. Accepted.