She's kinda scary... (w/ LolaDesiré)

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Marilyn's smile and gentle demeanor did nothing this time to calm down Delilah's anger. She wanted to kick that bitch in the face. 'Oh, I'll show you something cool and magical.' She thought, feeling the surge of magickal energy go down the tattoo on her arm, but she clenched her fist so it wouldn't come out. She couldn't attack the girl. First, it would get her in trouble. Then, it would get her in even more trouble, the fact that she was an experienced duelist attacking a student who didn't know how to defend herself. She could even be kicked out of the dueling club.

'Well this scary face and this manly, formless body has landed me many modelling jobs before.' She blurted out, something that no one else in the school had heard of up until that moment. 'How many have you landed? Oh wait, I doubt you've ever had one, as you're a teen and your tits already look like they're sagging. At least buy a bra of the correct size, you ugly cow!' Given how she just came back from summer, it had been a long time since she last had a nasty argument like this with another girl. For her, it was quite normal, given how she was a target for bullying, but she couldn't stop to think of how this all must be too new for Marilyn.

Marilyn audibly gasped as she heard Delilah's words. She couldn't believe that the other would say such nasty things to someone! It was true that the other girls constantly said the same sort of things to the tattooed girl but still! Delilah was supposed to be... Different. Within an instant, Marilyn began to tear up. As a child she was never one to talk back to her mother and her father wasn't involved in her life so she only recently had been exposed to arguments and she didn't like them in the slightest. Clenching her fists and staring at her friend with wide eyes, Marilyn ran to grab one of her plants and ran out of the room and down the hall. She didn't really know where she was going but she ended up out the side door and sitting on the ground outside of the school. Her back was pressed to the building's wall and she was letting her tears fall freely into her plant.

Racheal raised her eyebrow when she saw Marilyn leave and she scoffed. "At least I know how to keep a friend around. Yours just left you." She said with a little laugh, "Now, how about you get your gay ass out of here before I call the headmaster and tell her that you spy on girls in the locker room. You know for a damned fact that most of the girls in this school will back me up so you better go on out of here."

Delilah's eyes widened when Marilyn suddenly stormed out of the room. Apparently, she had to think 'oh, I screwed up' quite often around the girl. None of the insults had been directed at her, but if Marilyn was friends with this girl, maybe she felt insulted too, or was downright scared.

She threw a glare in the other girl's direction. 'Will you shut up?! For fucks sake!' And Delilah's words shut the girl's mouth closed. It wasn't that rare for it to happen, magic bursting out in an emotional outburst of an emotional teenage witch. Sometimes, this magickal outburst could end up in small, accidental hexes, that could be removed easily by the school's nurse. Delilah left the room, leaving Racheal unable to open her mouth.

Delilah caught a glimpse of Marilyn just as she turned around a corner. She hurried to follow her. She was lucky not to lose her, and ended up finding her crying outside. She slowly walked up to the girl, and knelt next to her. She didn't attempt to touch her, and spoke in the softest voice she could manage. 'H-Hey Mary, what happened? I'm sorry, did I scare you? I didn't mean to...' She tried apologizing.

• Thank You
Reactions: 1 person
Marilyn tensed when she heard Delilah speaking to her. She turned her back towards her and hid her face in her plant pot. She wanted to speak her mind but she didn't know what to say because she didn't quite understand why she was crying. A lot of things in this situation confused her. For one, she didn't understand why people here were so mean for no reason! She knew that some people were mean sometimes, but that's with reason! Like with Racheal, she clearly thought that Delilah was doing something wrong so she got mad at her. What Marilyn didn't understand was why Delilah didn't understand that. The yelling alone was bad enough and the insults were absolutely vile but hearing Delilah yelling back at the other? It made her skin crawl. She hated arguing and couldn't understand why the tattooed girl couldn't just be quiet and let it go! She was so kind to Marilyn, all the time, so what was the point of being mean to other people?

Sniffling, Marilyn hugged her plant as close as she could. "I-I just don't get it." She whispered softly. "Why do you talk back when they're mean to you? I know that sometimes mean words hurt and all but if you talk back then they get loud! And it's scary!" She let said as she turned her head towards the other girl. Her face was wet with large tear streaks. "She just thought that you were doing something bad. It was sort of like you were in trouble, so she was mean to you. Why would you be mean back? You started a fight when you could've just let go..." She whispered. She didn't have much experience with people but she had a handful of experiences that she was relating back to in that moment. In Marilyn's mind, it was as if Delilah was being scolded and decided to fight back which Marilyn had learned over the years was the worst thing you could do!​

Delilah titled her head when Marilyn started speaking. Or, whispering, so she couldn't hear her very well. She leaned back when the usually too happy girl turned to her with a face full of tears. Was she-- Was Marilyn actually scolding her for fighting back? She frowned, suddenly feeling insulted all over again. She wouldn't have the same ugly outburst with Marilyn since the girl had proved she had no intentions of being mean to her, but still, it was an ugly feeling. She raised her voice a little, but it was for emphasis this time, not all out screaming. 'I yelled at her because I did nothing wrong, and I'm not about to let myself be walked over.'

She stood up, and crossed her arms as she looked away. If Marilyn was about to out herself as an homophobic, she really didn't want to be looking at that sad face at the moment. 'Who cares if I'm lesbian or not? The point is, she thought I was, and insulted me for it. I have no respect for an homophobic shit like that. And I don't care what she says, I'll go out there, kiss girls and touch boobs, and I'll be damn happy while I do it and no one, hear me, no one will take that away from me.' She had basically walked out of the closet right in front of Marilyn without realizing, as she tried to pretend she wasn't lesbian, but she was too heated to notice.

Upon hearing the way Delilah spoke to her, Marilyn had to squeeze her eyes shut. She wasn't usually sensitive to negativity at school but at the same time she didn't think that she'd actually felt scared of Delilah until just now. It wasn't until the other started to ramble that Marilyn started to get confused about what was going on. She didn't think that Delilah actually liked girls, she didn't think that you could like girls if you were a girl! That was when she paused and stood up, placing her plant down on the ground. She moved towards Delilah very cautiously but reached out and squeezed her boob. After that, she looked at the other girl with a furrowed brow.

"So you're a girl... But you're into girls?" She asked, now that she had confirmed that Delilah did in factually have boobs, along with a girl's name, face, and sense of style, so she wasn't a secret boy or anything. Blushing darkly, Marilyn chewed on her inner cheek as she stared at the other because now she had a lot to think about. Was Racheal concerned for a good reason? Was something... Wrong, here? She didn't know what to make of it. But she did enjoy Delilah's company so the smaller girl moved closer and kissed her cheek. "Is that what a les-bean is? Is that bad?" She asked because she had noticed just how defensive Delilah seemed to be about the topic.​

Reactions: Isho13
Delilah refused to look at Marilyn, as she expected to have more disgusting words thrown at her. When instead of that, she felt a squeeze on her boob, it took her a moment to react. She looked down at her own chest, and realized Marilyn was squeezing her boob. 'You--!! What--!!' She got alarmed, blushed furiously, and took a step back as she hugged her chest. It wasn't the most generous boob, but enough to make it obvious that she was a girl.

It wasn't clear if her expression was one of surprise, fear, anger, or all at the same time. She stared at Marilyn as she started speaking, but then quickly looked around, to make sure no one was observing them or eavesdropping. Then she looked back at the other girl, and gulped loudly. She flinched and closed her eyes shut when Marilyn approached her again, but the girl just left a gentle kiss on her cheek. There were no screams, no insults whispered into her hear, no slaps. Just a kiss.

She held Marilyn's gaze for some moments, and then started in a low voice. 'It's lesbian, not les-bean. I'm no legume.' She turned more towards the other, and let her arms fall to her sides. 'Yea, I'm a girl and I'm into girls. So what? You've got a problem with that?' the phrase that usually would be screamed in anger was now muttered, and Delilah was scared to find out that Marilyn had, in fact, a problem with that.

Marilyn nodded at the pronunciation, even repeating it to make sure she got it right. "Lesbian." She stated as she stared at the other with curious eyes. She had figured out over the years that her mother didn't tell her everything about the world but Marilyn at least thought she knew about this sort of stuff! She couldn't believe that she could like girls if she wanted to, that was crazy! Still, she noticed that Delilah seemed a bit nervous so Marilyn gave her a small smile. "I don't think that I have a problem with that. It sounds fun!" She gave a soft giggle but then she had a thought and gasped.

"That doesn't mean that you're like Kiba, does it?" She asked and put her hands on her hips. If Delilah was a 'lesbian', that opened whole new doors of possibilities! What if Delilah was trying to steal the girls from Kiba? Or what if she was just like him and seeing lots of different girls? Or what if she was only nice to some girls and really mean to her girlfriends?! Hugging herself defensively, Marilyn gave a soft huff. "You better not be. How many girls are you seeing Lilah, I think you're only supposed to see one and if you're seeing two then I'm gonna tell." She stated with a pout.​

Delilah's eyes widened when, instead of a hurtful remark, Marilyn suddenly declared that being lesbian sounded fun. How...? She was about to shoot some questions at Marilyn, because she wasn't sure the girl was completely getting what homosexuality was about, when she suddenly had several questions thrown at her instead.

She stared at the girl with disbelief. She took a moment to sink her forehead into her own palm, but then looked up at the other again. 'Zero. I'm seeing zero girls at the moment.' She stated to her embarrassment. After all, she felt as bad for being single as most teenagers did, even if it was clearly harder for her to find a romantic partner. 'You know, there's this thing called 'being in the closet' where you don't let people know you're into people of the same sex, and I'm in there. Or, well, I guess I just came out today, given that your friend will surely tell everyone that I'm into girls and now I'm going to have even ah arder time than before.'

She sighed heavily. 'But I can't get a girlfriend if girls don't know I'm into them, and on top of it, if girls won't even want me around for long enough to be a friend. Girls and boys alike are scared of me. So unlike Kiba, I'm seeing zero girls.'

Marilyn smiled at Delilah's answer. Sure, the tattooed girl was single because she was 'in the closet' or whatever, but that was good! Delilah was Marilyn's closest friend around and if she started seeing girls, how would she have time to go hang out with Marilyn! Plus, what if the other started seeing girls or got a girlfriend and she started acting like Kiba except without a dog!

Giving a soft laugh, the girl moved in and gave Delilah a large hug. "Good!" She said with a huff. "If you get a girlfriend, who will hang out with me all day and show me cool stuff?" She asked and leaned her head on the other's shoulder. She had noted that Delilah didn't like the idea of other people knowing that she was a lesbian which was why Marilyn decided to nuzzle against the other and speak. "If anyone else 'has a problem' with you, I'll do my best to tell them to leave you alone!" She declared before her voice turned into a much smaller voice. "Or I'll at least flick my tears at them."

'Sheesh, this girl has some mood problems.' Delilah thought as the bubbly girl embraced her, after having her mood turn around 180 degrees. 'Well, with your cool water powers maybe you can do some actual damage with your tears.' She joked.

She pulled away from the hug, and looked at Marilyn's face. The girl wasn't as pale as her, but still got really pink when crying. She brought up a handkerchief -another old fashioned habit of hers- and finished drying Marilyn's tears. 'The day I get a girlfriend I won't stop hanging out with you. Don't worry about that.' She put away her handkerchief, and gently knocked Marilyn on the forehead. 'But if you ever grab my boob like that again, I'll punch you.'

She hid her hands in her tunic, balancing her weight forward and backwards on her feet. '...so we're good now? I'm sorry for yelling at your... Err, friend, if she's your friend, in front of you. But highschool is a bit of a savage place, you know? Maybe we're too fancy for actual fights, but you can except a huge lot of gossiping and rumors here.'

Marilyn gave a little smile that stayed on her face while Delilah talked. She loved it when people showed her affection like this and having Delilah wipe her tears made her strangely happy. It wasn't until she was knocked on the forehead that Marilyn gasped and pouted. "Lilah!" She whined. It was clearly necessary for Marilyn to check for Delilah's boobs in that situation, just to make sure she understood what was going on. Still, she didn't give more than a small whine.

When the other started talking again, Marilyn looked down and hugged herself with a little hum. "We're good but..." She bit her lip. She felt like squirming under Delilah's gaze just because she knew that the other could truly be mean if she wanted to. Marilyn had sort of hoped that they wouldn't have to talk about what just happened or address the matter but she supposed it couldn't be helped. She thought about saying something about how the other shouldn't yell or fight but she didn't want to make Delilah mad again so she stopped herself. "Nevermind. It's fine." She smiled and then turned her back on the other so that they could go back inside.

Delilah didn't follow after her friend, just watched her go. It didn't really seem like everything was alright. 'Mary! Wait...'

She trotted up to Marilyn. The girl seemed to respond well to physical affection, so shd tried taking Marilyn's hands, to hold them in her own. 'You don't sound like everything's fine. What's going on?'

She showed the girl her most gentle smile. 'We're friends now, right? We can talk things out. I won't get mad.'

Marilyn seemed tense but she did enjoy holding hands so she gave Delilah's a light squeeze and listened to her words. She seemed a bit hesitant to talk to the other, especially since Marilyn knew that just because someone said they wouldn't get mad didn't mean that they meant it. Still, as she looked at the other's smile she relaxed and gave a soft breath. "Nothing's going on, 'Lilah. You can just be a little scary sometimes, you know?" She asked and looked away. "I didn't like the way you yelled at her. And... I guess I didn't like the way she yelled at you either but I didn't expect that kind of stuff from you..."

Delilah had a hard time maintaining her smile. She nodded with a pained expression. 'I know I can be scary. People make sure I'm aware of it all the time.' She opened her eyes again to look at the other girl in the eye. 'I'm so sorry. School has just started and you already saw me fight twice, and in the same day to make it worse.'

She pulled away to awkwardly scratch her ear. 'I know I was really mean. It sort of... Blurted out of me. You didn't expect it from me because you're the only one who's bothered to get to know me, but in all the years I've been here, this has happened constantly. Really, if you'd like to get to know me, you'll have to be aware that I get really angry and get all fired up easily.' She sighed heavily. 'But you're right. Fights should be avoided. I'll try to be calmer next time. Just...'

She looked away, blushing a bit from embarrassment. 'She's supposed to be your friend, right? I won't stand there, just being insulted. If she's your friend, you can stop her from saying nasty stuff, right? I won't expect you to try and do that with everyone else in the school, but at least your roommates...' She looked back at Marilyn and smiled at her. 'I liked hanging out with you in your room, and I'd like to do it again in the future, in peace.'

Marilyn let her head wrap around what the other was saying. She stepped another foot closer to wrap her arms around the other girl's neck to show her a smile in understanding. "Sorry. I'm a bad friend Lilah." She said softly and looked like she actually meant it. "You saved me from a scary ghost, from Kiba, and all that, and I couldn't even save you from my roommate!" She shook her head. "You the first best friend I've ever had though, so you have to forgive me. But still! I'll try harder next time, okay? I won't let anyone hurt you!" The girl declared this proudly and then giggled as she pulled back and took hold of the other's hand.

She didn't plan on going back to her room because of the events that just happened there but she knew that the day was coming to a close and they should probably get to someone's dorm. "Can we have another sleepover, 'Lilah?" She asked as she looked back towards the tattooed girl and it seemed like she was headed to Delilah's dorm. "Racheal might be mad at me for letting you yell at her and if she's mad at me she said she'll put my hand in warm water while I sleep. She said it'll make me pee myself and I don't want to pee myself 'Lilah..."

Delilah nodded her head with a confident smile, happy that Marilyn had understood this and was willing to act as a mediator the next time. 'Sure, but don't get too used to it. I bet the teachers won't like it if their students are sleeping all the time in rooms that aren't their own.'

She started walking towards her own room. She took mental note of how she had left her bag in Marilyn's bedroom, but the fight was still too fresh. Maybe she could ask Mary to pick it up herself later, to avoid any conflicts. 'I've heard about that trick, but I don't know if it really makes you pee. I guess back home I'll have to try it on my sister! Hahaha-- Ow!' She laughed at her own joke for a little bit, but she suddenly had her face covered. The ghost guide that was always with her hadn't found that amusing, as siblings shouldn't fight or mess with each other, and pulled the ends of her tunic to make it cover her head.

'Hey!! Come back here!' Delilah threw the tunic back to normal, and saw the ghost floating away hastily. She laughed again and chased after it, wanting to give the ghost a good smack. She came to a halt when she went around the corner, almost bumping into Robert, the leader of the spirit workers club.

'Hi girls, you having a good day?' He saluted them both as he saw Marilyn coming near, with a nod of his head.

Marilyn gave a small and excited squeak before running along with Delilah towards the tattooed girl's room. When Deiliah talked about the trick, the happier girl laughed and watched at Delilah got attacked. She was a bit confused, but she mostly thought that everything going on around her was pretty funny so she didn't really care about the specifics.

That was when she turned the corner and saw Robert, smiling brightly. She went towards him and waved, "Hello!" She said happily. For Marilyn, it was very easy to remember people's faces which was why she went up to him and hugged him tightly. In her mind, they were already close friends even though they had only really met the one time. Giggling, she pulled away and looked up towards him.

"I'm having the best day ever! Me and Lilah are gonna have a sleepover together!" She cheered and went to hug Delilah around her waist. "What are you up to?" She asked, "And how is your day?"

Status
Not open for further replies.