Almost every day
Writing Levels
  1. Elementary
  2. Intermediate
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Primarily Prefer Male
Genres
Fantasy, medieval fantasy, vampires and other supernatural creatures, magical, yaoi, mature, romance, horror. I also have a thing for darker themes. More than everything I love varied roleplays, with comedy, drama, action and dark things all thrown in.
It was a day full of life in the Hartell Academy for Witches, Mages, Sorcerers, Warlocks and Other Magical Beings Who Have Not Found A Place Within Other Academies (Or HAWMSWOMBWHNFAPWOA for short). The semester was just starting. While most of the new students belonged to the lower age range, sometimes new students could be found in other classes.

That wasn't the case of Delilah.

Born in one of the most famous families of witches, and the most powerful necromancers this world had the pleasure to know, Delilah was well known in the school right from the start among the teachers, and shortly after she crafted her own reputation among the students. The long, black tunics she wore made the other girls wonder if Delilah was mentally stuck in an ancient century. The harsh, cold expression in her face scared the boys from approaching her. Ruthless in magical duels, and a mystery when she locked herself up in her room (a private room, just for herself), after a handful of years studying in the Academy, Delilah found herself without friends, or boyfriend, or even acquaintances.

Not that she cared about those unimportant, human things.

Of course she didn't care.

So what if she sometimes cried herself to sleep? It was cramps, nothing more.

As this semester was starting, Delilah was sitting in the back of a classroom, waiting for the class on Transmutation to start. In the previous years they had to learn transmutation of simple, smaller matter (and it had been a pain in the ass). This year, it focused on transmutation of one own's body, also known as shape-shifting. She had no idea how she'd pass this class. But she looked confident. And the strong, spooky aura she gave, made it so there still weren't any students in the seats right next to her.

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
xxxxxxxx

For a lot of people, a new school year was intimidating. It was probably because of the fear surrounding who would be in your classes, how hard they would be, and if you'd be able to pass. So, going back to school wasn't the most exciting thing for most people. But Marilyn wasn't like most people. She showed up to her first class on Transmutation with a big smile on her face. She was dressed in a casual, floral, and pink a-line sundress. This was her first time in a public school, well, ever, and she was planning to make as many friends as she possibly could! She had been doing pretty well so far, lots of people were talking to her and she had even made some new friends that morning in the cafeteria.

All of her life, Marilyn had been homeschooled by her mother. It was true that she was taught the required curriculum for each grade, but really they only ever focused on what Marilyn found interesting. Growing up in the middle of the forest, she liked to study the plants, rocks, and animals around her home, so that's what she was good at. There were only two bad things about. One was that she had no friends during her entire childhood. Of course, she wasn't complaining, she loved every moment of running around in the woods and playing in the lakes, but it just got kind of lonely sometimes. The second was that she was never good at Transmutation. She'd always end up turning herself into some scary, painful hybrid and it wasn't cute. But, today she was wearing her fluorite pendent necklace for luck and intellect, and she had a very solidified trust in the properties of her necklaces.

As Marilyn walked into the classroom, she scanned it for any potential friend opportunities when her eyes caught onto Delilah. She couldn't help but find herself staring. Something about this other girl felt so... Free in a way? Marilyn knew that this girl was different just by staring at her. This girl looked so confident and fine with herself even though she didn't have a barrage of friends next to her, she was dressed in dark, old fashioned clothing that was different from everyone else's, but she still seemed like she was perfectly content, not worried about what anyone thought. These ideas made Marilyn think this girl was cool, and was probably going to be a good friend. Therefore, she tore her eyes away from Delilah and made her way towards the back. Smiling, she pointed at the seat beside the darkly dressed girl, "Are you saving this one for someone? Or is it free?"

xxxxxxxx

Reactions: Isho13
Delilah was carefully examining her nails. She gave the feel of being utterly uninterested in everything happening around her. In reality she was inwardly complaining about how she couldn't have prettier nails, long and with a vampy nail polish like those witches from the movies. But she had to keep them trimmed, or risk losing them in combat.

When she heard a voice next to her, she slowly turned to look at the source. Hm, she didn't know this girl. She must be knew. Which would explained why she had approached her so freely. "Hmph." She turned back to staring at her nails. "I'm not saving them for anyone. They're usually free and I can rest my feet on them."

She had tried to make casual conversation, but her voice had came out harsh, as if she was actually complaining that now she wouldn't have somewhere to rest her feet. The chair next to her, in front of Marilyn, moved away from the table and turned a bit towards the cheerful girl, like offering a seat to her. It looked like Delilah had used telekinesis. Really, the ghost she had following her around was happy that someone had come to keep his master company, and was acting like a gentleman so Marilyn would want to stay.

• Love
xxxxxxxx

Marilyn had smiled wider when Delilah turned to face her. She took a moment to look over this girl's face, and envied how beautiful she was. Part of her was jealous about how freely boyish yet feminine the other was. Her mind was painting a picture of how absolutely cool and popular Delilah must be. The cheerful girl didn't stop examining the other's face until Delilah turned back to her nails, which made Marilyn curiously look at them. They looked pretty neatly cut, but nothing was specifically special about them. As she was glancing at this girl's nails, she listened to her speak.

When the chair moved out, a blush came onto the cheerful witch's face. To Marilyn, this was a very sweet gesture, that Delilah would offer up her foot resting chair. She gladly sat down, turing her body towards the other girl before she started speaking.

Now, because Marilyn wasn't the brightest of girls, she didn't pick up on the harsh tone. She just nodded along and giggled, "I get it, I'm always running around so my feet get kinda tired. But aren't teachers, like, strict? You know, like they don't let you put your feet up or talk during class or... um... Eat?" She asked, sounding absolutely clueless. Which to be fair, she was, and though she wasn't the quickest when it came to thinking, she could still catch when she thought she asked a stupid question, so she followed it up quickly. "Um, I've never been to school before, so I'm not really sure about how the rules work..." She said, nervously smiling. It wasn't often that she was nervous, but Delilah wasn't like anyone she had met so far. Most other people would smile widely, pay attention, and speak in an upbeat voice when speaking to Marilyn, and because Delilah didn't do that, the cheerful girl wasn't sure if she was making the best impression. This was making her worry about what the other was thinking.

xxxxxxxx

Delilah raised a carefully groomed eyebrow at the girl's words. She didn't know how to pull off a full face of make up, but the eyebrow make up, mascara and a little eyeliner went a long way, and that was what she focused on. "It depends on your age. In the first years teachers still treat us like kids, so they're harsh with the discipline. They get less serious about it as you get older. As long as you aren't noisy or leave dirt behind while eating a snack or having a drink, it's fine. The teachers themselves tend to have a cup of tea with them while they teach."

Delilah had let her eyes wander around the classroom. She spotted a group of people looking at them and whispering. Marilyn's new friends. Hm, so this girl was associated with them? They surely sent her to try and get her to grind her gears or find something they could use to make fun of her behind her back. As if the tunics she wore and the objects mysteriously moving around her didn't gave them enough gossip material already.

A smirk twisted up the side of her lips. "Of course, resting your feet in chairs is considered bad manners. But they won't tell me anything." There was a slight threatening undertone there. If the teachers didn't want to bother her, then this girl -whatever her name was- should get the hint that she couldn't mess around with her.

• Love
xxxxxxxx

At that point, Marilyn had begun searching in her bag for her supplies. She got out her pink notebook, a pastel yellow spell book, and then a variety of cute pastel pencils with little designs/animals on them. It seemed childish yes, but really she didn't mean for it to come off that way. When she went to go school shopping, she had no idea of what she needed to be getting and therefore asked the woman at the counter what she should buy for a girls first day of school. The lady took that as what to get for a kindergartener and directed Marilyn to that isle.

When she sat back up, she organized her things while listening. When she heard Delilah make a comment about the teachers not messing with her, it brought a smile to her face. She looked up at the dark haired girl and tilted her head. "That must mean the teachers really like you, huh? I hope that means they'll like me too once we're friends..." She giggled a little bit.

Crossing her legs, she hummed. "Maybe we have more classes together! Do you still have your schedule?" She asked, pulling the schedule scroll from her notebook and rolling it out. She handed it to Delilah. She was basically just taking the common core and then some extra classes on plants and witch history. The girl was hoping to have some classes with her newest friend because Delilah seemed like she'd be smart, and if Marilyn hung out with her, Marilyn could learn how to be cool like her!

xxxxxxxx

• Bucket of Rainbows
Delilah casted a sideways glance towards Marilyn's supplies, raising an eyebrow at the sight. It reminded her of the so called 'moe culture' those strange japanese witches with the colorful dresses and the sparkly wands and staffs said they loved. Not that she ever actually spoke to them. Those japanese witches were irked by her the same as the rest. But she sometimes overheard them talk, and they always dressed way too over the top so they were hard to miss.

"Hmph." She pressed her lips into a thin line. She had tried to retort something mean so the girl would just go away already, but she seemed so sweet and childish, it felt like being mean to a kindergartner. The topic of the schedule made her gather more courage to send her away. She was about to reply harshly, when her own schedule scroll suddenly fell from her binder, rolled towards Marilyn, and opened right in front of her. 'Damn ghosts.' thought Delilah. The one following her around today seemed specially keen on getting her to make a new friend.

Delilah, of course, took the same mandatory classes. Then she had some extra classes on swordsmanship, abjuration magic (which included lots of protection and how to banish spirits and such) and evocation magic (element magic focused on making those elements appear out of nowhere). If anything, her schedule showed she was training to be a war mage, or a duelist if she decided to just battle for sport. Delilah sighed and pressed a hand against her forehead. So she'd be seeing Marilyn in all of the common core classes. The sleeve of her tunic slid down to her elbow, revealing one of her heavily tattooed arms. If the tattoos were mundane or had spells bound to them, Marilyn had no way to know.

Last edited:
xxxxxxxx

A large smile graced Marilyn's face when Delilah's scroll came rolling over. To her, she thought this was all happening at the other girls will and so she found herself grinning happily upon finding they had at least some of the same classes. The issue was that she didn't really know what any of the other classes were. Marilyn's mother was a very peaceful woman against the use of magic for violence or aggression. She'd always tell her daughter things like 'Magic isn't for violence', 'You should only use your powers for good or harmless things,' etc. And because of that, Marilyn was very sheltered and unknowing when it came to certain subjects. Regardless, she didn't want to ask any questions because she didn't want to seem too stupid.

Still, the new girl smiled and glanced back up at Delilah. She was ready to share an outburst of excitement until she caught a glimpse of the tattoos. With a pause, she stared at the markings and raised her eyebrows. She'd never seen a tattoo before in person and she was really curious. A look of pure awe was on her face as her eyes glanced up to Delilah's face. "Where did you get those?" She asked in a soft voice, tilting her head to the side as she bit her lip. "Are they permanent? Do they hurt?"

xxxxxxxx

'Hm?' Delilah had to look back at the girl to see what 'those' were. She smiled when she noticed she referred to her tattoos. For a moment, she forgot she suspected this girl was in the same clique as her bullies. She grew serious as soon as she remembered it though. 'Yea, they are permanent. I got them at a tattoo parlour back home. He's the only person who's ever tattooed me, and has tattooed everyone in my family too.' She couldn't help but talk about her tattoos. They were a family tradition, and they made her really proud. Up until a couple of years ago, Delilah had a sister attending school too, and she had her complete body covered in tattoos and even had a couple of tattoos on her face. Hence, the two were considered the freak sisters.

'The ones in the middle of the arm or the big areas don't hurt too much. The areas close to the bone hurt like a bitch too. The chest too. Chest tattoos look great but they're extremely painful.' She explained, proud because she knew she hadn't even cried during her most painful tattoos. That had made her parents and every dead relative in her family really proud of her.

'If you want to get one a star or an infinity symbol on the wrist would be a good idea. Maybe some flying birds..." She added in a sarcastic tone of voice, since those were the less respected tattoos among tattoo artists and tattooed people alike, and Marilyn looked like the kind of person who'd go for a star or something cute like that.

• Love
xxxxxxxx

"Oh, really?" Marilyn asked obliviously. She had been listening to Delilah's words carefully with a large and fascinated smile just because of the way she saw the corners of the tattooed girl's lips turn upwards when the tattoos were mentioned. It was a beautiful little smile and it showed that Delilah was enjoying the conversation which put Marilyn's inner insecurities at ease.

"I'd love a star or two, but I wouldn't be able to get one, never." She said with a little giggle. "But if I could? I'd get butterfly wings! On my back." Most people wouldn't have taken her seriously but Marilyn looked really confident about what she had said and hoped that Delilah would think it was a cool idea, even if Marilyn couldn't get it anyways. She had always loved butterflies and admired the way that they could fly away at any time, to go anywhere they wanted. Just the concept was amazing to her. Of course, birds could do the same thing, as could most other flying animals but Marilyn really related with the butterflies for some reason. "You know, when I was really little, I used to catch butterflies and keep them in my room. I took really good care of them and all, but eventually I decided to let them go..." She said softly with a little smile. Really, she let them go because she felt bad. One day she realized that by keeping them in her room, she was limiting their endless freedom. "I opened up my top window and I watched like, a thousand butterflies zoom out! It was so pretty... Kinda sad though, they were my friends."

xxxxxxxx

• Love
"I thought so." Delilah replied, confirming her prejudice about Marilyn being just another basic girl, like the rest of her bullies. She was ready to stop paying attention to her, when she went on a tangent about butterflies. She turned to look at the bubbly girl, a bit surprised by how much emotion she showed talking about those little, colorful animals. She closed her eyes as she listened to her words, her daydreaming taking her somewhere else.

The necromancy ran so thick in her blood, that even if she couldn't actively summon ghosts and such, she could see them easily at will, she just had to switch her 'necro-eyes' on, as she liked to call them when she was little. Butterflies had very short lifespans, and their existence was so little they didn't last too long as ghosts before returning to the karmic cycle. But they were many, and as many butterflies died, even more were born. So whenever Delilah wanted to, she could go to a pretty garden or hill, switch on her necro eyes, and see thousands of butterflies flying around. The little ghosts were mostly gray and translucent, nowhere near as colorful as their living counterparts, but it still was an impressive spectacle.

'I bet it was a beautiful sight.' She commented in a low voice, slowly opening her eyes. Just in time to see the teacher coming in to start the class.

The teacher was a friendly man in his fifties. He needed some sturdy funny looking glasses to be able to see all of his students' faces. Going for a relaxed first class, and since he didn't know any of these students, he asked them to introduce themselves, with their names, and say something about their interests or hobbies, anything to get to know them better.

When it was Delilah's turn, she raised her voice. 'My name is Delilah Von Rhodesia. I like fighting, with swords and magic alike, and befriending the ghosts around the school. Nice to meet you.' Marilyn had lived a sheltered life, but maybe even her had heard of the feared family of necromancers, the Rhodesia? The ones who supposedly were still ruled by their great great great x32 grandfather, a disgusting lich? Whatever the case, it was Marilyn's turn to introduce herself now.

xxxxxxxx

Marilyn had watched Delilah present herself to the class and she smiled at her. Delilah was so cool already but she had ghost friends too? Marilyn thought that the tattooed girl had to be one of the most popular people around school. Though, because of her mother's selective studies, Marilyn had no idea who Delilah's family was and barely had the basic idea of what a necromancer was. She wasn't even sure if seeing ghosts would be a good thing or a bad thing as she had never seen one herself. When she was younger she could always have a slight sense of when a spirit was near, like most witches and children, but her mother always told her not to look at or speak with spirits because Marilyn would end up befriending it and bad things could happen if she befriended the wrong ghost.

After Delilah went, Marilyn stood herself up with a big smile and tried to be loud enough so everyone could hear. She wasn't a shy girl so this wasn't really a problem. "Hi!! I'm Marilyn Winters! I like.. Um, animals and plants and water and potions and people!! I hope we can all be friends in here!" She said brightly before she took her seat again. Maybe she was a little too excited to talk to her classmates and it definitely showed, but she wasn't able to recognize it.

When she sat back down and the teacher started to talk, Marilyn whispered very quietly to Delilah. "I didn't know you can see ghosts... Are they scary?" She asked in a soft voice. She only had a basic understanding of school rules and didn't really know that she wasn't supposed to be talking while the teacher was talking. Maybe it was the new environment filled with new people, but she was bubbling up with excitement and she was so curious about all these people and their powers that she just couldn't stop herself from talking, especially when she wanted to talk to Delilah.

xxxxxxxx

Delilah had to lean a bit farther away from the other girl when she introduced herself. Marilyn was surprisingly loud. And oddly enthusiastic for being at school. Aside from a handful of students in the first year, no one was ever this happy about starting school. She stared at Marilyn with disbelief as the girl sat down.

She was ready to forget about Marilyn and go on with her life, pretending she was actually hearing these people's introductions as she already knew them, but then the bubbly witch insisted on talking! She quickly turned to her, Delilah's expression leaving clear that she was about to scold her, when she heard the 'hush' the teacher gave them.

"The two ladies back there, if you could stop talking when it's your turn to hear and not to talk??? Hmmm???" He raised both his voice and his eyebrows. Delilah shrugged, saying a soft sorry.

'We're not allowed to talk on class.' She whispered at Marilyn, and then shut up for good.

The rest of the class went without any special highlights. The remaining students introduced themselves, and the teacher listed the books and materials they'd need, which they could buy off school grounds when they went to the city. In order to be able to go to the city, the students' parents or tutors had to sign they were allowed to do so. Some parents prevented their children from going out of the school the first years, thinking they were too young to go alone.

The class ended a bit early, so Delilah was slow on picking up her stuff, not rushed to get to her next class.

xxxxxxxx

Marilyn flinched slightly when the teacher shushed her and for a moment, her brows were furrowed in confusion. She almost looked scared. She didn't understand why this man was coming off as so mean, or why he had raised his voice at her but it startled her plenty. Still, she looked at him and nodded. The bubbly girl wasn't going to argue with a teacher, her mother had taught her about that. It wasn't until Delilah whispered to her that she understood why she had been yelled at. She supposed that made sense, and quietly apologized. After that she stayed silent.

Smiling as class ended, Marilyn followed in Delilah's footsteps. She started packing up her bag at the same pace, but she started talking as they did so. "That was so fun! There's a lot of nice people in our class..." She said in a bubbly tone. "I hope I have time to get to know them all this year..." She went on before actually starting to slide her bag's straps onto her shoulders. "Now, is there no talking in all classes? Or can I talk to you in our other classes together? I wanna talk about all your cool powers and stuff! We were just getting to know each other when he interrupted and I really wanna ask more questions..."

xxxxxxxx

Delilah had written down all the information given by the teacher, and between the teacher talking and all the students who introduced themselves, Marilyn had left her mind completely. That was the case until the bubbly girl started talking again a moment right after the class was finished. "Does she ever stop?" She wondered in her mind, only for a ghost to reply to her, by telepathy, to be nice to the cute girl.

She was bothered -or deep down, wanted to be actually bothered but didn't manage to completely- by Marilyn insisting on talking to her instead of leaving her alone like everyone else did. She was sure at some point Marilyn would start pointing out all the strange and 'wrong' things in her and make fun of her like the rest of her classmates. The way she referred to her 'cool powers' though, made her smile a little bit. "Students can't talk in class unless they're working on a group project. If you're into ritual magic and potion making, you'll be working in groups a lot." She explained.

Delilah walked out of the classroom, and a few steps down the hall, she noticed some of the people who were always bad mouthing them walking towards them. Her next lesson was on offensive spell casting and such, so she wouldn't be with Marilyn. "I gotta go, bye." She said dryly before turning on her heels and going the other way.

A group of three girls and a guy walked up to Marilyn. She had already befriended them in a group lesson. Sarah, the most beautiful and apparently confident out of the three girls, asked Marilyn 'So did the weirdo put a curse on you already?', gesturing with her head towards Delilah.

xxxxxxxx

Marilyn was excitedly walking with Delilah at first, smiling as she was about to speak again until her new friend said she had to go. Marilyn looked a little disappointed but she smiled and waved, "Okay, see you later..." She said in a soft voice. It was too bad they didn't have all of their classes together, Delilah seemed to be really kind and she was good at explaining things in a way that Marilyn understood. Besides that, not once had Delilah made Marilyn feel stupid. Before the small girl left for school, Marilyn's mother had warned her that she might be made fun of occasionally because she wasn't the brightest, but Delilah never made fun of her, she simply explained things. She was really helpful, in fact.

That was when Marilyn caught sight of her other friends and smiled. She waved to say hello and looked excited to see them. It wasn't until Sarah spoke that she looked confused. The entirety of that sentence didn't really make sense to her. For one, 'weirdo' was a strange word that she wasn't sure she had heard before, but the gesturing made her understand who the confident girl was talking about. The new girl wasn't sure why, but something about the way Sarah said the word upset her. Of course, she didn't understand why she was upset so she wouldn't say anything, but Delilah was Marilyn's new friend and she didn't think that the tattooed girl was a 'weirdo'. Raising her eyebrow, she shook her head. "Um... No? That's my new friend Delilah. She's really cool and nice to me. Do you know her? She has really cool tattoos...."

One of the other girls, Brittany who Marilyn had met earlier, spoke up next with a little scoff. "Cool, huh?" She was snickering and looking at Sarah. She was more of a follower sort of girl and wanted to see what the girl would say before she went on.

Marilyn wasn't understanding the sarcasm and she nodded quickly, "Yeah, really cool!" She said with a large smile, glad that Brittany didn't call Delilah any strange names.

xxxxxxxx

Sarah looked back at her friend, that glance meaning an approval of how Brittany had joined in to their conversation. She bit her lip and shook her head a little, as if sorry or frustrated over Marilyn's ignorance. "Yea, I know her, kind of. She hates people so I haven't really talked to her..." She started, walking a little bit in the direction Delilah rushed off. "But I know she's a bully who likes to beat people up in duels and will keep attacking people who have lost already. That's against the rules, but teachers don't ban her from dueling because her parents have money and they give generous donations to the school."

"Ooooh right, she's a girl. I keep forgetting that. She's so manly I always think I'll walk past her in the boys dormitory." The only guy in the group chimed in.

"No no, she's in the girls dormitory. But instead of sharing rooms like the rest of us, she was put in a room alone because all of her roommates kept having horrid nightmares... She had to switch roommates a lot because of this, but in the end they put her alone." The third girl commented, completely believing that rumor and seeming really afraid of Delilah.

xxxxxxxx

Hearing all of this bad information about her new friend was making Marilyn anxious. She glanced down towards the floor, nervously looking at and shuffling her feet. When the sweet girl had spoken to Delilah, the tattooed girl seemed like a wonderful, nice person but now she was hearing all of these things and she didn't know what to think. Marilyn knew that bullying was bad and she had always been taught against violence. But in her mind she was still trying to figure out why Delilah would like beating people up, if what Sarah was saying was even true. There had to be a reason for it, why would she resort to needless violence for no reason? She'd have to remember to ask her about it later. In her mind, there was no way that any of these people could be bad people. Not Sarah, not Delilah, not Brittany, none of them.

Continuing to listen, Marilyn was trying to look at the best of things to keep the image of these people good in her mind. Like the boy who said Delilah looked like a boy. She could understand what he was saying, but she didn't understand that it was an insult. Delilah had really short hair and was very thin so she didn't look totally feminine. In all honesty, that was one of the things Marilyn admired about the tattooed girl but she supposed that everyone had an opinion.

Moving to the topic of nightmares, at that point Marilyn was quietly hugging herself. Coming to school and making friends had been so fun so far but she didn't realize until now that all of her friends probably wouldn't all like each other. The way these people were talking, it was making the new girl insecure about her decisions. Maybe Delilah was sort of scary and she hadn't seen it before. Maybe she was making a fool of herself when she called this girl cool. She shook her head of those thoughts quickly. Delilah was nice to her and that was what mattered, so she decided to end this conversation. She wanted to get to know Delilah herself and wouldn't let these people wrap her image of her. "Well, I think she's nice. And maybe just a little misunderstood, you know?" She said, trying to give a small smile. "Anyways, I have to get to my potions class and I better get going if I don't want to be late!" Giving her usual, bright smile, she waved to the girls and went on her way.

Her next few classes were simple because they were relevant to her interests. The first day in potions class she was so excited and made a few new friends. One was a nerdy girl named Melanie who had big round glasses and long brown hair, and another was a boy named Christopher who had short black hair and was really funny. The class she had after that was herbalism which went by quickly. Then through out the rest of the day, she kept making tons of new friends and having a good time. But as the day went on, she noticed that in her classes that she did have with Delilah, a lot of her new friends would quickly usher the sweet new girl to sit with them instead of the tattooed girl. It wasn't like she didn't try to go into the back of the rooms to sit with Delilah, but everyone was advising her against it and she just couldn't understand why! By the end of the day, Marilyn was getting more and more confused. At the end of her last class of the day, Witch History class, she ran to Delilah's side and looked at her with a furrowed brow. "Delilah. Why is everyone scared of you?" She asked simply, crossing her arms with a pout. "I've been trying to hang out with you and talk to you all day, and all these people keep saying things about you and I don't understand!"

xxxxxxxx

Sarah's expression remained calm as Marilyn stood up for herself in a bit of a weak manner. She waved back and watched her go, holding back the third girl from retorting something about how Delilah was absolutely scary and had to be avoided at all costs. Soon Marilyn would see how everyone avoided the strange girl, and would follow the herd.

Delilah, on her side, had a rather calm school day. All of the classes were introductory, so it consisted of listening to the teacher rambling about how they were going to study their subject, the supplies they'd need, and the things they should keep in minds. She was in some of the same classes as Marilyn, but after seeing how each time the bubbly girl was dragged away by the more 'popular' kind of people, she made no tries whatsoever of sitting near her, and ended up sitting alone as usual.

Marilyn had completely exited his mind by the Witch History class, so she perked up in surprise when the girl approached her. But she had to be careful. Marilyn had clearly hung out with the people who wished her ill. Marilyn was one of them. She mentally prepared herself for any mean comment that might fall from her mouth. But nothing could have prepared her for the actual words Marilyn said to her.

Delilah stared back at the other girl, eyes wide, getting red in the face out of embarrassment. Such an evil plan! Instead of making a mean comment at her, all Marilyn had to do was to play the humanitarian, make everyone think she really wanted to hang out with Delilah despite everything. Now Marilyn would look like such a good person in everyone's eyes, specially when compared to her awful necromantic self.

Delilah composed herself. She stared at the floor, as she slowly stood up, to tower over Marilyn. As she felt threatened, her guardian ghost stepped in to protect her, activating a glamour over Delilah, modifying the shadows on her face to make her eyes pop up with more hatred and bloodthirst, and deepening her voice until she was at risk of crossing over to the male voice ranges. 'Don't.Bother.Me.Ever.Again.' She spoke through gritted teeth. A breeze shook her hair and long tunic, and sent chills down the spines of the people around her, because of the strong ghost activity.

Delilah sat down again, arms folded and a leg crossed over the other, looking straight at the blackboard, not acknowledging Marilyn's presence anymore, waiting for her to go away and back to her stupid friends.

xxxxxxxx

When Marilyn has came over to ask the question, she was expecting another one of Delilah's helpful explanations to why things were happening. She even thought that Delilah would be able to answer this question easily since it was directed towards her personality. It wasn't until she saw the change of color in Delilah's face that she realized that she had done something wrong. Usually in situations like this she didn't notice that she had done something wrong or that she had said something bad, but it was something the way Delilah's expression changed. Marilyn wanted to quickly take it back, she wanted to apologize a million times but it was far too late.

The smaller girl's stomach was twisting in knots as she stared up at Delilah. She was tensing as everything happened and she had no idea how to react but with fear. Maybe this was why people were so scared of the tattooed girl, Marilyn hadn't imagined that the person in front of her could actually look so terrifying but here was the proof. The scared girl squeezed her eyes shut tightly to try and hold in the tears threatening to fall. She knew that she couldn't cry here, she was a big girl. And big girl's weren't supposed to cry in the middle of class. But the way Delilah made her feel, the guilt, the fear, the sadness all at once, it was gut-wrenching, she felt like she was about to vomit. With her head turned down and her hands folded tightly in front of her, Marilyn waited until she felt the bad feelings and fear subside, that's when she opened her watery brown eyes about half way and glanced up at Delilah biting her lip. At this point, the other looked like she was completely ignoring her and as much as Marilyn wanted to protest, she was sure that she deserved the silent treatment for hurting Delilah's feelings. Still, she let out a soft whisper, "I-I'm sorry if I hurt your feelings...I didn't mean to..." She whispered, but then she quickly retreated to her group of friends. She hated the tense feeling she felt in that moment and she just wanted it to be over.

xxxxxxxx

• Love
Status
Not open for further replies.