Serenity Down- IC Thread

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Genji did eventually notice Oddjob's open stare, and he stared right back. His hand had still never strayed from the blade at his side, though his posture and demeanor always remained defensive at their worst. He was confident he could stop anything his opponent could dish out. His voice, always a bit robotic yet very human at the same time, ring out. Even as he spoke, though, his gaze didn't move from Oddjob. "The Nova Corps could not always have been so corrupt. I believe that, when the organization began, it had good intentions. Now, though... They are gone. Worse yet, they have the power to act. 'A man who has never gone to school may steal a freight car; but if he has a university education, he may steal the whole railroad.' Roosevelt. It is of the utmost importance that they fall."

@Thuro 116 Pendragon
@Cromartie Sarkissian
@Ringmaster
@LuckycoolHawk9
"That is one way of looking at the issue, sir, yet I take an alternate viewpoint. I believe that the Novas are nothing more than Kites on strings, riding the winds of a hurricane- they have gained their height, and now fly around like madmen, cutting and swiping at everything they see..."
"Shaitan."

He said simply, his helmet preventing anyone from seeing where his eyes flicked briefly before he focused on him again before he held up the Black Box.

"Have you anything to play this by any chance in this room?"

@Cromartie Sarkissian @BarrenThin @Thuro 116 Pendragon @Mighty Roman @LuckycoolHawk9
"Why of course! The holoprogector is beneath my desk- if you would allow me..."
Goldfinger took the black box within his large fingers and placed it onto the projector between his knees. After a brief flash of light, the images were displayed once more, this time in a chilling higher definition

Auric simply stared through, straight faced and unflinching-- it was as if he had seen this all before. The moment the tape finished rolling he started to blink again, and he cracked his neck. Of course...how could he have been so blind??

"I recall a rather puzzling headline from a few weeks ago--
"Witnesses Kill Chief Nova Agent- Informants on Serenity Case responsible for the Murder of Alber Wesker""

He almost laughed; such titles were both incorrect and insincere. It was only to be suspected; his ears inside the League had told him all about the bigger picture, and why it had to remain hidden for a tiny bit longer...
"Now, such hardened criminals were presumed to have been obliterated in the Kyln explosion, just like this box..."
More wishful thinking from Nova Prime; no doubt the consequence of some...persuasion from SPECTRE. His show continued
"Do you follow my logic? This, of course, explains why you were so curious as to who my sponsors are-- you're no business men-- you are convicts! So desperate to cover your tracks, you'll come to me asking around about the League!"
He reached down towards the cube, his hand twitching with an erratic anger.
"I hold all the cards now, Mr.Shaitan; I own all the chips. How lucky for you, that your redemption is still possible-- right now, a group of harden criminals is just what I need... Do as I say, and I will tell you what you need to know. Refuse, and our friend in the corner will not show any more restraint"
Oddjob tightened his fist and threw a punch through the wooden wall with ease.

Shaking off his pain, the hit man's smile faded

(Super longmobile post)

"That is one way of looking at the issue, sir, yet I take an alternate viewpoint. I believe that the Novas are nothing more than Kites on strings, riding the winds of a hurricane- they have gained their height, and now fly around like madmen, cutting and swiping at everything they see..."

Goldfinger took the black box within his large fingers and placed it onto the projector between his knees. After a brief flash of light, the images were displayed once more, this time in a chilling higher definition

Auric simply stared through, straight faced and unflinching-- it was as if he had seen this all before. The moment the tape finished rolling he started to blink again, and he cracked his neck. Of course...how could he have been so blind??

"Witnesses Kill Chief Nova Agent- Informants on Serenity Case responsible for the Murder of Alber Wesker""

He almost laughed; such titles were both incorrect and insincere. It was only to be suspected; his ears inside the League had told him all about the bigger picture, and why it had to remain hidden for a tiny bit longer...
"Now, such hardened criminals were presumed to have been obliterated in the Kyln explosion, just like this box..."
More wishful thinking from Nova Prime; no doubt the consequence of some...persuasion from SPECTRE. His show continued
"Do you follow my logic? This, of course, explains why you were so curious as to who my sponsors are-- you're no business men-- you are convicts! So desperate to cover your tracks, you'll come to me asking around about the League!"
"I hold all the cards now, Mr.Shaitan; I own all the chips. How lucky for you, that your redemption is still possible-- right now, a group of harden criminals is just what I need... Do as I say, and I will tell you what you need to know. Refuse, and our friend in the corner will not show any more restraint"

(Super longmobile post)

Jack's fingers twitched around his cane. Two divergent paths here. Slavery, blackmail from the Goldfinger, or fight their way out and be back at peg one.

Slavery it is.

"Whadda ya want Xerxes?"

@Cromartie Sarkissian

"Hehehehehehehe..."

It was the first time Shaitan had laughed. A rolling, twisted sound that seemed to strike at something black in the soul as the Shadow Guard shook his heed slowly.
Jack's fingers twitched around his cane. Two divergent paths here. Slavery, blackmail from the Goldfinger, or fight their way out and be back at peg one.

Slavery it is.

"Whadd-"
And then cutting off Jack mid-sentence, Shaitan stopped laughing and suddenly clenched his fist. The result would be Auric Goldfinger's throat suddenly feeling as though Shaitan had an iron grip around it, slowly throttling as Shaitan spoke, as serious as a nuclear winter.

"It appears I've gravely overestimated your intelligence. You come to us with no cards in the hand and go all in, expecting us to cave. Us? The Cabal, the Hellfire Club? We came to you for little more then a name. In return, the box would be yours for free... Now instead, that deal is over."

He rose from his seat like Wrath deified before rumbling.

"Genji? Be so kind as to ensure Mr. Oddjob doesn't have any sudden attacks of heroism. Cameron? Star Lord? Retrieve Sarah."

He then walked around the table, slowly if unhindered before finally pausing before Auric as he reached out....And plucked the box back as he tossed it up in hand. Turning and walking back to his seat, he made a gesture...And the invisible vise upon Goldfingers throat let go. Allowing him to catch his breath, Shaitan sat back down.

"Now perhaps, if we were to be exceedingly generous, your man will be able to kill one of us. Leaving the rest of us- In full possession of our weapons and equipment, to kill him and then you. Not really in that order, you should have checked our weapons at the door. Now we could have left as friends. We'd have a name, you'd have the box and you could have then called the League ahead of time to remove us. But now, no longer. So here's whats going to happen."

He removed his helmet and propped his feet up, before extending his hand and letting Auric's drink slide over to him as he sipped it and spoke.

"You're going to give us what we want.....As well as one ton of unmarked twenty-four carat gold in unmarked bullion, to be delivered to our ship. Now. Refuse and we'll simply have to live with the regret of going back to square one....Save the satisfaction of leaving your cooling body in the remains of your mansion as we torch it as we leave, before the Hutt Cartel begins to fight over the remains of your company. Consider it a very, expensive lesson not to fuck with us."

His voice, so smooth and seductive suddenly turned harsh and violent as he sipped the drink and smashed the glass with his grip as it shattered and clattered to the floor.

"You have precisely ten minutes to make up your mind."

@Cromartie Sarkissian @BarrenThin @Thuro 116 Pendragon @Mighty Roman @LuckycoolHawk9

The cyborg nodded silently. This man was scum, and he didn't feel bad seeing him treated as such. He moved before Oddjob and drew his wakizashi, dropping into a defensive stance. "I do not recommend trying anything, friend. Shinesundo." His eyes watched the man intensely, ready to dart in and stop an incoming attack, or to protect himself from one.

@Thuro 116 Pendragon
@Cromartie Sarkissian
@Ringmaster
@LuckycoolHawk9

• Thank You
Reactions: Ringmaster
'Since when did I become a hardened criminal,' Battler wondered to himself. It couldn't be helped, he supposed. His current company was making some criminal threats, and they had just finished breaking out of prison. Didn't mean he really approved their methods, but manipulating an asshole for your own benefit?

That worked for him.

He also noted that there was a cyborg, and it spoke with an Okinawan accent. Interesting.

@Thuro 116 Pendragon
@Cromartie Sarkissian
@Ringmaster
@LuckycoolHawk9
@BarrenThin

• Thank You
Reactions: BarrenThin
'Since when did I become a hardened criminal,' Battler wondered to himself. It couldn't be helped, he supposed. His current company was making some criminal threats, and they had just finished breaking out of prison. Didn't mean he really approved their methods, but manipulating an asshole for your own benefit?

That worked for him.

He also noted that there was a cyborg, and it spoke with an Okinawan accent. Interesting.

@Thuro 116 Pendragon
@Cromartie Sarkissian
@Ringmaster
@LuckycoolHawk9
@BarrenThin
The cyborg nodded silently. This man was scum, and he didn't feel bad seeing him treated as such. He moved before Oddjob and drew his wakizashi, dropping into a defensive stance. "I do not recommend trying anything, friend. Shinesundo." His eyes watched the man intensely, ready to dart in and stop an incoming attack, or to protect himself from one.

@Thuro 116 Pendragon
@Cromartie Sarkissian
@Ringmaster
@LuckycoolHawk9
"Hehehehehehehe..."

It was the first time Shaitan had laughed. A rolling, twisted sound that seemed to strike at something black in the soul as the Shadow Guard shook his heed slowly.

And then cutting off Jack mid-sentence, Shaitan stopped laughing and suddenly clenched his fist. The result would be Auric Goldfinger's throat suddenly feeling as though Shaitan had an iron grip around it, slowly throttling as Shaitan spoke, as serious as a nuclear winter.

"It appears I've gravely overestimated your intelligence. You come to us with no cards in the hand and go all in, expecting us to cave. Us? The Cabal, the Hellfire Club? We came to you for little more then a name. In return, the box would be yours for free... Now instead, that deal is over."

He rose from his seat like Wrath deified before rumbling.

"Genji? Be so kind as to ensure Mr. Oddjob doesn't have any sudden attacks of heroism. Cameron? Star Lord? Retrieve Sarah."

He then walked around the table, slowly if unhindered before finally pausing before Auric as he reached out....And plucked the box back as he tossed it up in hand. Turning and walking back to his seat, he made a gesture...And the invisible vise upon Goldfingers throat let go. Allowing him to catch his breath, Shaitan sat back down.

"Now perhaps, if we were to be exceedingly generous, your man will be able to kill one of us. Leaving the rest of us- In full possession of our weapons and equipment, to kill him and then you. Not really in that order, you should have checked our weapons at the door. Now we could have left as friends. We'd have a name, you'd have the box and you could have then called the League ahead of time to remove us. But now, no longer. So here's whats going to happen."

He removed his helmet and propped his feet up, before extending his hand and letting Auric's drink slide over to him as he sipped it and spoke.

"You're going to give us what we want.....As well as one ton of unmarked twenty-four carat gold in unmarked bullion, to be delivered to our ship. Now. Refuse and we'll simply have to live with the regret of going back to square one....Save the satisfaction of leaving your cooling body in the remains of your mansion as we torch it as we leave, before the Hutt Cartel begins to fight over the remains of your company. Consider it a very, expensive lesson not to fuck with us."

His voice, so smooth and seductive suddenly turned harsh and violent as he sipped the drink and smashed the glass with his grip as it shattered and clattered to the floor.

"You have precisely ten minutes to make up your mind."

Oddjob's face shifted until it carried a grim expression. Time to get down to business. The cyborg that had just threatened him was, of course, the greater threat to his own life. He could slice him and dice him at any moment, and would most likely resist his physical onslaught. Yet, personal safety had never been something the man-servant had prided himself on- he prided himself on results.

He dusted off the top of his old top hat, blowing off any filth that may have affected it's aerodynamics. It looked arbitrary, yet, that was one it the merits of the action- it helped catch his opponents off guard. Oddjob flung that hat like a frisbee, letting it curl around the room like a culture circling a carcass. It looped around Genji, past John and Peter, before smacking Shaitan hard in the back of his head with its steel lining. Was it enough to knock him out? Probably not- he thought- it had lost too much momentum when it curled. Yet, I would be enough to hurt the Sith, making him drop his hold of the man before the force could assist him

Dropping his body into the hunched posture of a wrestler, The Hitman readied himself to counter or parry the strike of the cyborg

"Sadly for you, Mr.Shaitan, I did call the League-- one the perks of being an investor is the permanent assignment of elite body guard to your person at all times-- and I do not refer to Oddjob" Of course he didn't- he only really kept the manservant on hand out of sentiment, and for the other services he provided.

A cold finger found its way towards his golden wrist watch, pressing the receiver button at an almost leisurely pace. He didn't even need to raise the microphone to his lips to get his point across

"Hit...Floor 717. East window. No killing"

Then, as if he had not been moments from death, Goldfinger returned to his chair, this time without his drink. He pressed down on his collar with his left index finger, and breathed in deeply.

Maybe they would listen after some persuasion from a level I Assassin-- the highest Class of killer. Whoever Hit was, he would make Ravager, a mere level III, look like a child by comparison

The arrival of the Assassin was noted by no change in the environment- no new spells, no flashes of light- only the grunt of the levitating alien outside the factory window. He folded his purple armoured arms and bowed towards his "Boss" from behind the glass, levitating almost silently towards the group

"One chance" he muttered, shattering the barrier with a single tap "Give him what he wants, or things will take a turn..."

latest

He charged up a small energy beam at the top of his finger, sending an undeniable power radiating throughout the room, aiming it towards Crichton- it was smarter to the eliminate soft targets first. With another tap of hit watch, Auric summoned down a protector field around himself- it was better to cost himself a few thousand credits maintaining a force field than dying

With two professional Hitmen in one room, one powered and the other hatless, up against a small battalion of Crew Mates, things were about to get messy
^^Mobile Post^^​

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Nice Execution!
Reactions: 1 person
Cameron needed a minute to process what has just happened. He had a choice to make- he either worked for the psychopath or to be killed by the two psychopaths who worked for the League. Neither of them seemed promising to him as he looked to the voice in his head. For once, Lucifer was silent. He took a deep breath and well, fuck. His damn heart took that moment to act up. Just fucking great, he thought. He was dying and was in life or death scenario. Why hadn't he taken the starcraft to leave? He had much regret and he had to bear it.

Quill looked at everything and was quiet. " What do you want to do? Do we have to kill someone, kidnap some goods, rough up a man, steal a priceless artifact? Just don't kill any of us," he said, sincerety in his voice. He wanted to get out of this alive and he saw Cameron was panicking.

@Cromartie Sarkissian @Thuro 116 Pendragon @Ringmaster @Gibbons @BarrenThin

Cameron needed a minute to process what has just happened. He had a choice to make- he either worked for the psychopath or to be killed by the two psychopaths who worked for the League. Neither of them seemed promising to him as he looked to the voice in his head. For once, Lucifer was silent. He took a deep breath and well, fuck. His damn heart took that moment to act up. Just fucking great, he thought. He was dying and was in life or death scenario. Why hadn't he taken the starcraft to leave? He had much regret and he had to bear it.

Quill looked at everything and was quiet. " What do you want to do? Do we have to kill someone, kidnap some goods, rough up a man, steal a priceless artifact? Just don't kill any of us," he said, sincerety in his voice. He wanted to get out of this alive and he saw Cameron was panicking.

@Cromartie Sarkissian @Thuro 116 Pendragon @Ringmaster @Gibbons @BarrenThin
"Oh do stop sniveling."

Shaitan said in Cameron's direction.

And idly, he glanced at the helmet he had brought up in the way of the hat. A very interesting weapon, to be sure. It had managed to embed itself in his helmet, which to this point he would have sworn would not have worked. But live and learn. He brushed off the glass bits from his hand and wrenched out the hat, looking it over as he hefted it in hand, testing the weight.

"With enough force, I daresay you could make this go through stone. Fascinating, if flashy."

Also, predictable. There was always a chance the move would backfire. Thing's didn't really change however. Not to him.

He rose up from his seat, still spinning the hat around one finger before he spoke, amused.

"You brought a big gun I see. Unfortunately, that only works if you're willing to die if you pull the trigger. And that's not how you work, is it? You put your faith in gold and bodyguards of power- You didn't know who we were, until you connected the dots. You just went for the most powerful you could to assure your safety. That tells me this is not a situation you're used to. Now perhaps it might work with....Say, him."

He jerked a thumb back at Cameron.

"Or anyone who has some measure of heroism in their veins. Having drawn your attention to that fact, I invite you to look into my eyes, Goldfinger."

He leaned on the table, eyes shining like a predator in the jungle matching that of the crime lord.

In an almost quiet tone, he spoke.

"Do you really think I'd let myself or these gentlemen be pushed around by force? After their subsequent kidnapping? Their loss? Do you really think I wouldn't kill you first, before your hired gun can? The only questions you have to ask is this.....Would I, do it? Look into my eyes and tell me."

There was nothing there but a void. A Shadow Guard was not a Sith Lord, initiated into the order....They were Jedi, once. Dark Jedi, twisted and corrupted. Death would be an escape from torment but till then, they fought and they killed. Shaitan had broken away from that pattern. But he still didn't fear death. The question was....Did Goldfinger?

"Oh do stop sniveling."

And idly, he glanced at the helmet he had brought up in the way of the hat. A very interesting weapon, to be sure. It had managed to embed itself in his helmet, which to this point he would have sworn would not have worked. But live and learn. He brushed off the glass bits from his hand and wrenched out the hat, looking it over as he hefted it in hand, testing the weight.

"With enough force, I daresay you could make this go through stone. Fascinating, if flashy."

Also, predictable. There was always a chance the move would backfire. Thing's didn't really change however. Not to him.

He rose up from his seat, still spinning the hat around one finger before he spoke, amused.

"You brought a big gun I see. Unfortunately, that only works if you're willing to die if you pull the trigger. And that's not how you work, is it? You put your faith in gold and bodyguards of power- You didn't know who we were, until you connected the dots. You just went for the most powerful you could to assure your safety. That tells me this is not a situation you're used to. Now perhaps it might work with....Say, him."

"Or anyone who has some measure of heroism in their veins. Having drawn your attention to that fact, I invite you to look into my eyes, Goldfinger."

He leaned on the table, eyes shining like a predator in the jungle matching that of the crime lord.

"Do you really think I'd let myself or these gentlemen be pushed around by force? After their subsequent kidnapping? Their loss? Do you really think I wouldn't kill you first, before your hired gun can? The only questions you have to ask is this.....Would I, do it? Look into my eyes and tell me."

There was nothing there but a void. A Shadow Guard was not a Sith Lord, initiated into the order....They were Jedi, once. Dark Jedi, twisted and corrupted. Death would be an escape from torment but till then, they fought and they killed. Shaitan had broken away from that pattern. But he still didn't fear death. The question was....Did Goldfinger?
Well, that was not what Cameron expected to hear.

He took a deep breath, but had diffculty composing himself.

Lucifer groaned in Cameron's head,this man was one of the most fragile things he had ever met... and he had dealt with a nine year old little girl and she was better than him. He just wished that he could remember how to undo a soul transference that didn't involve killing him. The amount of quantam physics he knew were outstanding for someone his age too.There was a second reason though.

He wanted to keep this body for longer than the time that humans body should last. It would be great to use him as a meat shield.

There was of course, the true reason. This was one of the few places that both his father and mother didn't look along with Chloe.

These alterations seemed to be hindered though by the heart condition that Cameron had though.

Normally, this wouldn't be a problem, but it seemed that this body couldn't even take simple changing physics without being damaged. It seemed that the man had also had a brush with death, or been dead for more than a few moments. His soul transference was very fragile and could only work on a corpse or for more specific reasons, someone who was dead for anywhere to a few seconds to days. He wasn't a revived though.

Lucifer noticed that Cameron was in too much pain to respond.

I punish the guilty, Lucifer's mantra rang through his own thoughts and looked at Goldfinger and then back at the shriveling corpse. Well,time to shock all but two people in the room.

He focused on the form he had been before he had been in Cameron's body and this was dangerous to him.

You are about to take a back seat, he said to Cameron.

Peter Quill looked at the sith lord and then blinked and back at the supposed to be mortal. He seemed to be shapeshifting.. was the man lying to him in the past or had something happened in the jail? It was diffcult to tell. He wasn't sure what to make of the situation and that was bad.

Cameron awoke to darkness. He seemed to be in his own mind and watching things from the backseat. What had Lucifer done and would it kill him?

The transformation was complete for now. As the very first thing to say wasn't exactly what anyone would have expected at the slightest either too. He took an empty glass and sat down,also before saying it.

NUZyaq0IYZdx.gif

" Two Asssasins, a band of misfits and a psychopath who likes gold, seems to be the start of a badly written bar joke," Lucifer said.

@Ringmaster @Thuro 116 Pendragon @Cromartie Sarkissian @BarrenThin @Gibbons

Reactions: Ringmaster
"Oh do stop sniveling."

Goldfinger swallowed hard as he stared deep into the abyss that was the Shadow Guard's eye. So cold, so merciless, it was as if the man had forgone pity altogether. Of course Auric feared death; he always had, and he always would. He had always been so safe in his ivory tower, surrounded on all fronts by the best guns in the galaxy. But now? Now his fortress was more like a prison; no where to run, nowhere to hide

"I...You...You would" He muttered, sweating regardless of his protection "You're going to kill me, aren't you?"

Gone was the confidence of a man in control, dominating a putrid world with a golden fist. There was no hope of them completing the Gold-Run for him now- not with the end approaching so quickly

Then, a crash

"He wont touch you, Goldfinger-San"

hqdefault.jpg

Hit mumbled, finally floating through the shattered glass. He had abandoned his folded arm stance, now assuming one of a traditional boxer, knuckles raised in front of his hunched bow. His legs were shoulder width apart, now standing on the floor as opposed to on the air. Yet, despite this, he bore the same, cold posture, with eyes oh so similar to Shaitan's

"And he's not the only one willing to pull the trigger"

Hit cracked his neck, before speeding across the room at near super sonic speeds. Papers, booklets and files alike were flung into the air, caught in the wake of the Master Assassin's lunge. He was now mere centimeters away from the Shadow Guard, anticipating the strike that was about to come against his boss.

But it would never come

The world around Hit seemed to fade into glass, every image blurring into a translucent design. The scotch seemed to freeze mid spill, and the airborne papers seemed to remain in the air, suspended like the leaves of an invisible tree. All was suspended in a single second, or at least, a fraction of one-

By fully mastering his Ki, the Master Assassin was able to freeze time for 0.2 seconds...and at super sonic speed, that was all he needed.

He plunged the joint of his finger deep into the Shadow Guard's neck pressure point as hard as he could without simply igniting his nervous system. With the warrior's head flying backwards, Hit followed up his strike, punching Shaitan in the base of his spine. When time unfroze, he would find his forehead making a new friend known as 'The Ground'
latest

Next he fired a Ki blast towards Jack's gun, igniting any fuel cells it held within; with any luck, it would not explode, instead melt internally, rendering it useless to him for anything more than a walking stick.

He threw Oddjob's hat back towards the Man-Servant in such a way that it would neither hurt him, nor Genji, instead lodging itself in the wall

He could not hold back to flow of the time for much longer, and thus let the universe continue on its course; he was not going to be able to pull that trick again any time soon​
Well, that was not what Cameron expected to hear.

He took a deep breath, but had diffculty composing himself.

Lucifer groaned in Cameron's head,this man was one of the most fragile things he had ever met... and he had dealt with a nine year old little girl and she was better than him. He just wished that he could remember how to undo a soul transference that didn't involve killing him. The amount of quantam physics he knew were outstanding for someone his age too.There was a second reason though.

He wanted to keep this body for longer than the time that humans body should last. It would be great to use him as a meat shield.

There was of course, the true reason. This was one of the few places that both his father and mother didn't look along with Chloe.

These alterations seemed to be hindered though by the heart condition that Cameron had though.

Normally, this wouldn't be a problem, but it seemed that this body couldn't even take simple changing physics without being damaged. It seemed that the man had also had a brush with death, or been dead for more than a few moments. His soul transference was very fragile and could only work on a corpse or for more specific reasons, someone who was dead for anywhere to a few seconds to days. He wasn't a revived though.

Lucifer noticed that Cameron was in too much pain to respond.

I punish the guilty, Lucifer's mantra rang through his own thoughts and looked at Goldfinger and then back at the shriveling corpse. Well,time to shock all but two people in the room.

He focused on the form he had been before he had been in Cameron's body and this was dangerous to him.

You are about to take a back seat, he said to Cameron.

Peter Quill looked at the sith lord and then blinked and back at the supposed to be mortal. He seemed to be shapeshifting.. was the man lying to him in the past or had something happened in the jail? It was diffcult to tell. He wasn't sure what to make of the situation and that was bad.

Cameron awoke to darkness. He seemed to be in his own mind and watching things from the backseat. What had Lucifer done and would it kill him?

The transformation was complete for now. As the very first thing to say wasn't exactly what anyone would have expected at the slightest either too. He took an empty glass and sat down,also before saying it.

NUZyaq0IYZdx.gif

" Two Asssasins, a band of misfits and a psychopath who likes gold, seems to be the start of a badly written bar joke," Lucifer said.

"The Boy..." Hit murmured to himself "He has changed..."
Did this make him more of a threat? Perhaps...The Master Assassin sensed a dark chi radiating from the man, and a powerful one at that- he carried an energy signature he had only felt while surveying that Makaioshin of Hell....

It was certainly...peculiar​
Genji simply interposed himself between Shaitain and the new threat now, though he never stopped watching Oddjob. If need be, he'd drop the man before he even knew what was going on.

He would not be slave to scum.

@Ringmaster
@Thuro 116 Pendragon
@Cromartie Sarkissian
"A-H-A"
Oddjob cried at the top of his lungs as the presence of Hit trely became known to him. This man...this thing, had passed him in the corridors of The Auric Enterprises Nar Shaddaa Factory many times before, and had always given him a sense of...peculiarity. It was difficult to describe the feeling...it was thorns and bleeding- chilling and cruel- yet never truly terrifying; There was still good in him...somewhere

So, he had no choice but to exclaim in his broken words, for the want of something better to do...but it also posed a secondary distraction

The Man-Servant lunged toward Genji, with the hopes of tackling him to the floor before any more chaos could be caused--he was dreading having to clean up his Boss' office after tonight...

Mobile Post
(@Mighty Roman)
(@CookieMonster)

• Nice Execution!
Goldfinger swallowed hard as he stared deep into the abyss that was the Shadow Guard's eye. So cold, so merciless, it was as if the man had forgone pity altogether. Of course Auric feared death; he always had, and he always would. He had always been so safe in his ivory tower, surrounded on all fronts by the best guns in the galaxy. But now? Now his fortress was more like a prison; no where to run, nowhere to hide

"I...You...You would" He muttered, sweating regardless of his protection "You're going to kill me, aren't you?"

Gone was the confidence of a man in control, dominating a putrid world with a golden fist. There was no hope of them completing the Gold-Run for him now- not with the end approaching so quickly

Then, a crash

hqdefault.jpg

Hit mumbled, finally floating through the shattered glass. He had abandoned his folded arm stance, now assuming one of a traditional boxer, knuckles raised in front of his hunched bow. His legs were shoulder width apart, now standing on the floor as opposed to on the air. Yet, despite this, he bore the same, cold posture, with eyes oh so similar to Shaitan's

Hit cracked his neck, before speeding across the room at near super sonic speeds. Papers, booklets and files alike were flung into the air, caught in the wake of the Master Assassin's lunge. He was now mere centimeters away from the Shadow Guard, anticipating the strike that was about to come against his boss.

But it would never come

The world around Hit seemed to fade into glass, every image blurring into a translucent design. The scotch seemed to freeze mid spill, and the airborne papers seemed to remain in the air, suspended like the leaves of an invisible tree. All was suspended in a single second, or at least, a fraction of one-

By fully mastering his Ki, the Master Assassin was able to freeze time for 0.2 seconds...and at super sonic speed, that was all he needed.

He plunged the joint of his finger deep into the Shadow Guard's neck pressure point as hard as he could without simply igniting his nervous system. With the warrior's head flying backwards, Hit followed up his strike, punching Shaitan in the base of his spine. When time unfroze, he would find his forehead making a new friend known as 'The Ground'
latest

Next he fired a Ki blast towards Jack's gun, igniting any fuel cells it held within; with any luck, it would not explode, instead melt internally, rendering it useless to him for anything more than a walking stick.

He threw Oddjob's hat back towards the Man-Servant in such a way that it would neither hurt him, nor Genji, instead lodging itself in the wall

He could not hold back to flow of the time for much longer, and thus let the universe continue on its course; he was not going to be able to pull that trick again any time soon​

"The Boy..." Hit murmured to himself "He has changed..."
Did this make him more of a threat? Perhaps...The Master Assassin sensed a dark chi radiating from the man, and a powerful one at that- he carried an energy signature he had only felt while surveying that Makaioshin of Hell....

It was certainly...peculiar​

"A-H-A"
Oddjob cried at the top of his lungs as the presence of Hit trely became known to him. This man...this thing, had passed him in the corridors of The Auric Enterprises Nar Shaddaa Factory many times before, and had always given him a sense of...peculiarity. It was difficult to describe the feeling...it was thorns and bleeding- chilling and cruel- yet never truly terrifying; There was still good in him...somewhere

So, he had no choice but to exclaim in his broken words, for the want of something better to do...but it also posed a secondary distraction

The Man-Servant lunged toward Genji, with the hopes of tackling him to the floor before any more chaos could be caused--he was dreading having to clean up his Boss' office after tonight...

Mobile Post
(@Mighty Roman)
(@CookieMonster)

Genji was now behind Oddjob, though he seemed far less certain about attacking. The tackle hadn't come close.

@Ringmaster
@Cromartie Sarkissian

Jack let out a disgusted sound as the mechanisms in his gun fused. He was almost certainly not going to be able to repair them. Shifting slightly in his seat, he still hadn't bothered getting up since the start of this, he let out a long complaint; "Do you know how long it took me to track down a Pulse Rifle. John gets to keep Wynona and what do I get? I get my gun fused by the first..." He shot a withering glance at Genji. "... The second Master Shredder wannabe I meet."

He looked around at his team, his Serenity, and sighed. Drastic times called for drastic measures.

Jack reached into his pocket, retrieving a transmitter, one that he'd carried for a very long time. It was something of a keepsake, a remembrance from happier times before all this multiverse dren. Now though, now this keepsake would save their lives. The transmitter was attached to a very, very special little girl that happened to melt into the second Serenity. If River Tam had been the innocence and salvation of the first Serenity, then Last Order was going to carry on that legacy.

With a forceful jerk, he was ripped into the mental headspace that he and Harvey shared. On this particular meeting, the headspace had no theme, no pop culture reference. It was simply a black void, blacker than the darkness within a man's heart.

"John... I would heavily, heavily recommend against this course of action. You will be fighting an assassin that is beyond world class, an assassin that is beyond any known killer in the known multiverse. You will not survive unscathed, and neither will that girl or the Serenity."

Harvey watched for any flicker of doubt to pass over Jack's face at the mention of the girl and putting her in danger. He knew that protecting people he cared about was his weakness, and Harvey was far from too noble to exploit it.

Jacks face remained resolute, absolute determination etched into the world worn wrinkles that that dominated his aging face. "That's what makes it fun."

A pause, and then, "I'm doing this man. Last Order... Accelerator... John... All the people that defended Academy City, the came darkest, sorriest part of their to act as heroes. They saved their world when they owed it less than nothing. How in hell do you expect me not to live up to that?"

Disgust stretched Harvey's gave into into something even more alien. This was the bad apple from Jack's tree. "So that's what you want? To be a hero?"

Jack threw his hands into the air in celebration. "He gets it. He finally gets it."

"You'll never be a hero Jack. You have too much blood on your hands. You're a survivor, and that leaves no room for heroics."

Jack leaned forward, so far that Jack and Harvey were touching foreheads. "Then I guess I'll just have to fake it."

Jack then collapsed the mental headspace with a thought and returned to his preparations. Quietly he whispered something into the communicator, then turned to gave the assassin. Hefting his ruined Pulse Rifle like a club, he uttered his waopenable he charged the infinitely more skilled fighter.

"I am the bone of my sword."

Jack was a hell of a brawler, managing to take down some impressive opponents in his time. However, as he dueled the alien it was clear that he was no match for it's overwhelming skill.

Wiping a hand against his nose, bloodied now from his injuries, he let loose a defiant smile the alien's way. "I'm not a fool, thinking I can take you in a fistfight. However, I am something much more powerful."

Proudly Jack proclaimed; "I am an idiot."

Then with a defiant smirk, he also added. "And a beacon." He held up the transmitter for all to see at the exact moment that the Serenity exited hyperspace just outside the building's window. Last Order's control was pinpoint accurate, just as Jack has guessed. And it was indeed Last Order in control of the ship, it's systems secretly slaved to her nervous system, just waiting for the right moment to reveal she was the ship, it's frame her body, it's computer her mind.

The ship flipped to is belly, exposing the turret system, now firing it's incredibly powerful energy lances at the beacon, at one Jack Crichton. With a sudden lunge, he tackled the alien, hanging on for dear life and trying to angle him towards the worst of the energy bolts... Even a touch from from one would be enough to turn him into the former Mr. Jack Crichton...

"Can I get a hell yeah?"

@all​

Lucifer watched the chaos, he did enjoy it, but he knew back-seat didn't.
He wondered if the Master Assassin could sense his power, it wasn't out of the ordinary for someone of his power to sense it. It seemed however Critchon had it under control for now. Well, then, he had a psychopath to converse with.

" So, Mr. Goldfinger, what do you desire?" He asked, his voice filled with his charm. It was hard to resist and he only knew one person who could deflect it at all.

He waited for the answer patiently.

Then, a crash

hqdefault.jpg

But it would never come

The first thing that Shaitan remembered was the following.

'What an utter waste of power.'

He couldn't see it, but he could sense it. Something done, perhaps it was how this figure was able to go that fast? Perhaps not. If he could go that fast naturally, then whatever he had done would not have been needed. And if he needed that edge to ensure he was down, Shaitan's opinion would have been lower then was already decided.

And then darkness.

Darkness was familiar.

The sound of breathing echoed in his mindscape.

Hooooo-pah......Hooooo-pah.

He grimaced and opened his eyes.

Cold, metal straps lashed him to a table, Shaitan's first memory after being captured being the Dark Lord himself. Lord Vader, staring down at him as though he was a faintly interesting distraction. Hasulf- No. That was not his name. Alias. Who was he? He was a....A....Healer? Yes, a healer. Too much healing, that was what got him captured. His mercy was his undoing and then the Empire came for him.

"You will learn to be a weapon for the Emperors will."

"I will sooner die, Sith."

"Perhaps that could be arranged."

Merciless and foreboding, the Dark Lord left his captive to his thoughts.

-------

"Mercy has no place in the Dark Side."

Another lash of the vibro-whip, cleaving to the bone. Shaitan didn't scream, he had long since lost use of his voice at this point. The pain was just another part of the process as he stared with eyes unseeing. His captor continued as he continued to whip.

"Your friend is now dead. As an example to the rest of you. Anything less then total ruthlessness will not be tolerated. The Shadow Guard has no use for weakness, least of all from a long-dead order collapsed under its own corruption."

------

The sound of clashing weapons. Live blades, practice. Those who lose limbs it is considered no loss, if they were that weak. Shaitan down's his opponent with a trip and points the blade to his throat. A smattering of applause.

He reaches out to assist his opponent up.

And screams as his arm is slashed off from the elbow up.

No mercy....Not to an enemy.

-----

Time is fluid here. No sense of months passing nor years. He hasn't seen the sunlight nor felt the breeze since he could remember. There is only darkness now, filling his heart. He kills all his practice opponents now and he has devoted himself to his new world. Vader watches, pleased with the progress made.

But in his heart, there exists a chink of light and in that light, there is life. Vader knows this, is familiar with this symptom.

There is only one way to eradicate it for good.

-------

The landscape was beautiful and pristine, but the Shadow Guard had no eye for such things.

Currently, he was here for a singular purpose. One penultimate to everything, including his own existence.

To hunt and slay Jedi.

He was a Jedi, once. That much they allowed him to remember. Why, the Shadow Guard has never known. Is it a way to reaffirm power over him? Was it to serve as a reminder that his old life was behind him? Or perhaps it was merely a twist of fate and the will of the Force? He may never know, but then again he is not required to know anything. Merely obey.

He is one of the many who was captured by Vader. Twisted, ruined and subjected to tortures as myriad as they were ingenious. There is only the Dark Side now. Which he serves wholeheartedly, in service as one of the many dreaded Shadow Guard of the Empire.

But in quiet times and odd moments, he wonders if he was a good Jedi.

And whether or not his past self would have reacted in horror at what he had become.

No matter. His Master calls.

He is not required to know.

Only obey.

There she is.

She meditates near a lake, a waterfall adding to the idealistic scene and for a moment, he freezes in uncertainty. Its a hesitation that barely registers, much as a falling plastic plate registers on a scale that records earthquakes.

But it was there.

He stares at her hair, shimmering white and flowing and notes the aesthetic pleasing nature of it. And as he stares, the Jedi begins to tie it up into a topknot. She speaks lightly, as though it was a normal conversation and she was being called to dinner.

"This is a beautiful world, isn't it Shadow Guard? Do you remember beauty?"

"No."

Its a modulated voice, flat of any emotion. The Shadow Guard leans on his pike and makes no move to attack as she continues her preparations. Her expression is hidden, but her voice is sad.

"I'm sorry to hear that. I can't imagine what sort of tortures you must have gone through...What you must have endured. You're not the first of your kind to find me....There were others. Each one I slew when they gave me no choice otherwise....But I have a feeling about you."

She rose to her feet gracefully now and turned to look at him.

-Sweat and oil and blood, screams fill the air. Explosions dot the skies like a grim parody of a fireworks display as two children hide in a foxhole, holding hands as they grit their teeth and wait out the battle-

"I know you....Don't I?"

Silence greeted her, the only sign the Shadow Guard was affected at all being the grip on his pike, tight enough to make the leather creak. She began to step forward, light as a pixie as she whispered.

"Don't be afraid."

-'Don't be afraid. You can do this!' Its a field hospital, full of the dead and dying. Droids and medical figures rushed back and forth, overwhelmed. The two Padawans are there. Older now, her hands on his as they rest upon the chest of a wounded soldier. They were children yet with the demands of the war, forced to channel their gifts to do what they could. Fear shook the hands of the boy, felt through their shared touch and she smiled as despite that, he did what he could. Her happiness at his success was one of the better memories of the war-

She looked up, eyes unafraid of the helmed gaze staring back at her as she smiled sadly.

"Its me....Don't you remember me?"

-'Don't you remember?' Another tent, this one a mere quick-fabricated construct as rain poured outside and a soaking wet Padawan scowled, hands on her hips as she tapped her foot. The other, a dark haired teen with a book looks discomforted as he struggles to remember what it was, that had her so angry and come here in the first place through the rain. Letting him panic a few seconds more, she finally giggled. 'Its your birthday! C'mon-' Giving the boy no time to say no, she grabbed his hand and yanked him off into the rain. No war, no trouble...Simply two teenagers having fun playing and splashing like schoolchildren.-

"Its Esther."

Even the surroundings have faded to silence, Esther standing before the Shadow Guard, hands reaching out to the helmet. He makes no move to stop her as she finds the clasps and seals and undoes them.

The helmet falls to the ground.

The face is that of her friend.

The visions were true. It was him! And crying, so happy she could burst she moves to embrace him.

"Shaitan!"

The sound of a lightsaber fills the air.

And from Esthers back, the glowing red blade hums as Esther chokes, eyes wide with shock...And then sorrow and acceptance. She lets go and as she falls, her body vanishes and becomes one with the living force.

For the first time, a chink in the armor of the Shadow Guard is seen. His eyes widen in shock, his hand drops the murder weapon as though it burned as he grabs her clothing. Despair overtakes him....He realized what he had done. What he had become.

Not every Jedi was slain during the purges.

Those were just the lucky ones.

Otherwise, they became like him. Twisted, ruined and turned against friends willingly. Like now.

He grabbed the lightsaber and prepared to ram it through his heart.

"Shaitan?"

And time once more, stood still as he turned in shock. Esther in all her glory stands, a smile on her face and in the guise of a Force Spirit. There is an etheral side to her now as sympathetic, she glides her fingers across his cheek, noting the tear that fell and smiled sadly.

"Don't. Its alright....I knew this would happen. And what has happened has been beyond my wildest dreams. You're free now...My death the catalyst for breaking the control over you. What you do with this freedom is up to you. Oh Shaitan...You have so much to do and there are many trials before we meet once more. Whether you do so or stay where you are? Its your choice. I'll be watching you....Goodbye my friend."

She sighed and as he reached out his hand, she vanished as though she was never there.

The birds sang in the trees and the lake was as idealistic as before. As though it didn't care whether or not something as quick as murder occurred.

Shaitan grabbed the lightsaber and returned his helmet back in place.

Striding away, he activated his comm.

"My lord?"

"My task is done. Target at these coordinates."

And later as his transport flew away, Shaitan watched as from orbit the Star Destroyer blasted where he knew the waterfall and lake would be...An expression of hatred for what had happened and what he knew would soon occur. His Master was calling for him.

And there was so much yet to do.

The door opened as a stormtrooper pair saluted.

"My lord-"

Their screams echoed far down the corridor.

The Shadow Guard was through.

And sweeping out of the room, he left the cooling bodies behind as he fled the Empire once more.

-----------

In the waking world, Shaitan would be unconscious.

@Cromartie Sarkissian @Thuro 116 Pendragon @BarrenThin @Gibbons @Whoever​

Lucifer watched the chaos, he did enjoy it, but he knew back-seat didn't.
He wondered if the Master Assassin could sense his power, it wasn't out of the ordinary for someone of his power to sense it. It seemed however Critchon had it under control for now. Well, then, he had a psychopath to converse with.

" So, Mr. Goldfinger, what do you desire?" He asked, his voice filled with his charm. It was hard to resist and he only knew one person who could deflect it at all.

He waited for the answer patiently.

"Just a little bit of...how to put it politely...Transporting, that my legitimate business shuttles are unable to compelte"
Smuggling- he was referring to Smuggling

At last, one of those damn cons was taking an interest in his task-- maybe things were about to turn around after all
"I have some bullion three floors bellow- 24,000 tons of it. You can take whatever your ship can handle and bring it to Dromund Kaas, and my factory there. Avoid the Novas- and their tolling- and I'll tell you what you need to know and more. Maybe, if I am feeling nice, I'll let you take a percentage for yourselves...say, 15%? The rest will be primed to explode, with a rather fetching explosive charge, might I add, if you stray too far off course"

Of course, 15% was always negotiable
Jack let out a disgusted sound as the mechanisms in his gun fused. He was almost certainly not going to be able to repair them. Shifting slightly in his seat, he still hadn't bothered getting up since the start of this, he let out a long complaint; "Do you know how long it took me to track down a Pulse Rifle. John gets to keep Wynona and what do I get? I get my gun fused by the first..." He shot a withering glance at Genji. "... The second Master Shredder wannabe I meet."

He looked around at his team, his Serenity, and sighed. Drastic times called for drastic measures.

Jack reached into his pocket, retrieving a transmitter, one that he'd carried for a very long time. It was something of a keepsake, a remembrance from happier times before all this multiverse dren. Now though, now this keepsake would save their lives. The transmitter was attached to a very, very special little girl that happened to melt into the second Serenity. If River Tam had been the innocence and salvation of the first Serenity, then Last Order was going to carry on that legacy.

With a forceful jerk, he was ripped into the mental headspace that he and Harvey shared. On this particular meeting, the headspace had no theme, no pop culture reference. It was simply a black void, blacker than the darkness within a man's heart.

"John... I would heavily, heavily recommend against this course of action. You will be fighting an assassin that is beyond world class, an assassin that is beyond any known killer in the known multiverse. You will not survive unscathed, and neither will that girl or the Serenity."

Harvey watched for any flicker of doubt to pass over Jack's face at the mention of the girl and putting her in danger. He knew that protecting people he cared about was his weakness, and Harvey was far from too noble to exploit it.

Jacks face remained resolute, absolute determination etched into the world worn wrinkles that that dominated his aging face. "That's what makes it fun."

A pause, and then, "I'm doing this man. Last Order... Accelerator... John... All the people that defended Academy City, the came darkest, sorriest part of their to act as heroes. They saved their world when they owed it less than nothing. How in hell do you expect me not to live up to that?"

Disgust stretched Harvey's gave into into something even more alien. This was the bad apple from Jack's tree. "So that's what you want? To be a hero?"

Jack threw his hands into the air in celebration. "He gets it. He finally gets it."

"You'll never be a hero Jack. You have too much blood on your hands. You're a survivor, and that leaves no room for heroics."

Jack leaned forward, so far that Jack and Harvey were touching foreheads. "Then I guess I'll just have to fake it."

Jack then collapsed the mental headspace with a thought and returned to his preparations. Quietly he whispered something into the communicator, then turned to gave the assassin. Hefting his ruined Pulse Rifle like a club, he uttered his waopenable he charged the infinitely more skilled fighter.

"I am the bone of my sword."

Jack was a hell of a brawler, managing to take down some impressive opponents in his time. However, as he dueled the alien it was clear that he was no match for it's overwhelming skill.

Wiping a hand against his nose, bloodied now from his injuries, he let loose a defiant smile the alien's way. "I'm not a fool, thinking I can take you in a fistfight. However, I am something much more powerful."

Proudly Jack proclaimed; "I am an idiot."

Then with a defiant smirk, he also added. "And a beacon." He held up the transmitter for all to see at the exact moment that the Serenity exited hyperspace just outside the building's window. Last Order's control was pinpoint accurate, just as Jack has guessed. And it was indeed Last Order in control of the ship, it's systems secretly slaved to her nervous system, just waiting for the right moment to reveal she was the ship, it's frame her body, it's computer her mind.

The ship flipped to is belly, exposing the turret system, now firing it's incredibly powerful energy lances at the beacon, at one Jack Crichton. With a sudden lunge, he tackled the alien, hanging on for dear life and trying to angle him towards the worst of the energy bolts... Even a touch from from one would be enough to turn him into the former Mr. Jack Crichton...

"Can I get a hell yeah?"

@all​

Screenshot (292).png
Hit was caught completely off guard by the cripple's attack, so much so that it almost tipped the purple hit-man. His body rocked forward, his coat tails flying upwards towards Jack's face

"What is this?"

Hit only dignified the tackle with a mumble; such a meaningless strike was almost an insult to an assassin of his caliber. All he had to do was swing his foot and...

No...wait...there was a new energy.

It was like nothing he had ever sensed before: not God Ki, not Demon Ki, and certainly not Mortal Ki. It was unique in every way, shifting from form to form, fluid as a river. He turned to face the source of the power, only able to picture the bringer in his mind's eye- they had undoubtedly summoned a reinforcement, someone stronger than the rest of them combined- it was a trump card of sorts

No need to panic- it was probably just another ill conceived attempt to assassinate his 'Boss'. He would have plenty of time to tackle the figure before it posed a serious threat.

The haze of the Falcon's lights seemed to pass with time, leaving Hit with nothing more than a frozen heart; a starship, armed to the teeth, weapons primed and aimed at himi

The Multiversal Assassin outstretched a hand to meet the first bolt, showing the first signs of emotion he had all evening; anticipation, mixed in with a touch of fear

"No"

The energy blast burned like the purest fire, scalding his palm like the smoke of Hell. He had to push- to fight, to continue existing- he had to push.

"I WILL NOT BE OVERCOME"

The bolt was pushing his limits like they had never been pushed before, stretching his limits like a rubber band- and he was on the verge of snapping.

"I WILL NOT GIVE IN!"

Hit swung his might hand to the side, sending the energy blast flying across the room like a ball. His strength had improved in the only way he could have hoped- not by powering up, not by equipment of artifacts- but by simply pushing himself. The orb of heat seemed to continue off at an angle of 45% from the Hit-Man's body, soaring of the heads of the majority of the Crew members before colliding with the feeble walls of the office, igniting thee eastern wing

The next bolts came, but he was ready; he knew he was strong enough to deflect them. Yes, Jack was keeping him in place, but he was not rendering him useless; he only succeeded in limiting the Assassin from hitting the Serenity II directly. The burning came once more, this time to his left hand, but only for a fraction of the time before he was able to push it aside-- easy

Too easy

The energy blast seemed carry on its original western course, floating like a leaf on the wind. It hovered over the sleeping shadow guard for a second- the heat most likely awaking him from his semi-conscious dream state- before continuing towards the 1 Billion Dollar man. Auric stirred, desperately trying to increase the strength of his force field with the control panel of his desk

Goldfinger_112Pyxurz.jpg

"No, No, No, No, NOOO!!!"

No matter the strength of his shield, Goldfinger was vaporized on impact, crumbling off into the air. So much for the deal...now the Gold was just waiting to be stolen...if the fire did not cut their path off first...

latest

"A-AH-AH!!!"
Oddjob rushed to his Boss' side, regardless of the chaos and the fire- he had failed in his mission. He had been a servant of the smuggler and business-man for the past 20 years, through thick and thin, rich and poor. Both men had a degree of sentiment for eachother...it pained him to see him die...

"You killed him"
Hit cried, returning to a sense of peace once more. His was calm again, growing used to his task, and stronger because of it
maxresdefault.jpg
"You have 10 Seconds before the Novas arrive from the airport. He had trackers linked to his heart, so that when he dies, everyone will know about it. The security footage will be on the Holonet in a few minutes too, so run"

Hit was not such much betraying his former Boss', more enjoying his new found freelance status; the guild does not allow for freedom from contracts. He was destined to serve under Goldfinger until either man's death-- it was only luck that Auric would be killed by obliteration as opposed to old age. The fire should take care of eliminating the evidence, and, with any luck, that asinine dandy man-servant too

"You want to know about the League? I'll tell you what you want to know later; just go"

It was the least he could do; he owed the crew far more than he had let on...

Hoban shifted in his seat, baffled by the cannons autofiring. Had he helped steal a broken ship? Damn, that would be annoying... and so would accidentally killing the rest of the Crew. He shut down the weapons manually in order to stop the explosions and calm the fire, before lowering the ship towards the newfound hole in the wall

"Get in, Crew" He called out over the speakers as the doors opened "We have some running for our lives to do"

In the distance, the engines of 3 Nova shuttles could be heard, arming themselves from the nearby airport-- they had to leave now.

All they had to do was make the 7 foot leap between the burning wall and the Serenity II's doors....

Mobile Post-
@Mighty Roman
@CookieMonster
@Ringmaster

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Bucket of Rainbows
"...So the security footage...will show that I didn't actually do anything, right? I mean, I just kind of stood here, to be honest," Battler commented lightheartedly. Obviously, he didn't actually plan to stick around with all that fire around. Like everyone else, the sorcerer had only one option. Jump about seven feet. For being the "last option" it certainly wasn't exactly a daunting task. Turning into golden butterflies, Battler vanished and reappeared inside the Serenity II.

Distance was no match for teleporting.

"Just a little bit of...how to put it politely...Transporting, that my legitimate business shuttles are unable to compelte"
Smuggling- he was referring to Smuggling

At last, one of those damn cons was taking an interest in his task-- maybe things were about to turn around after all
"I have some bullion three floors bellow- 24,000 tons of it. You can take whatever your ship can handle and bring it to Dromund Kaas, and my factory there. Avoid the Novas- and their tolling- and I'll tell you what you need to know and more. Maybe, if I am feeling nice, I'll let you take a percentage for yourselves...say, 15%? The rest will be primed to explode, with a rather fetching explosive charge, might I add, if you stray too far off course"

Of course, 15% was always negotiable
Lucifer looked at him and arched an eyebrow. So, this man was a smuggler, well, that wasn't what he expected at all too.
He paused as he thought about this deal.
He wasn't paying much attention, but his instincts told him to step back and he was right because as soon as the man was done, he was killed by a blast and that meant bad things.

He looked at the chaos and how everything had been burned, well, there was only three things to do. Rescue Sarah, Rescue the Sith Lord and take the gold, but perhaps not in that order. He looked at Peter Quill and he bit down. " Mr.Quill, take Ms. Connors back to the ship, I will be taking the gold and our unconcious sith lord," he said, not caring that he was revealed. He wasn't quite ready to die. Quill nodded and went to Sarah to help her get to the ship and escape.

He teleported to three feet below, teleported the gold to the Serenity two and went back to the burning room. He coughed as he emerged, the things that he did for the Goodkin kid. He found the knocked out Sith Lord and teleported them into the serenity 2. Hopefully, the others could get on fine, his telporting was running out and there was no way he could teleport Mr. Critchon, and the other two To be quite honest, that had taken a year or two off of Cameron's lifespan of some plus years. He hoped Mr. Quill could get on the ship with Ms. Connors, otherwise, he would use his last teleport on them.

Last edited:
The Time Lord inhabiting Sebastian Shaw's body sat down, smiling, confidently. He'd poured himself a glass of Goldfinger's finest wine, and was rather relaxed for someone who was standing in a burning building.

"Well, that went well."

But The Master had no fear of flames. In fact, he'd been burnt to death on the planet Sarn once-at The Doctor's hands, or course. So this bonfire really wouldn't have much of an impact.
But before he left, he had some business to attend to.
Firstly, he scooped the bottle of Wine off of Goldfinger's desk. It wasn't the best he'd ever tasted, but it'd do.

Secondly, he clicked his fingers. "Oddjob. You've got a new Master. And you will obey me." Controlling the manservant's mind was elementary. Some men had mental defences from The Master's powers, well built mental blockades and walls. Oddjob's on the other hand, could've been made of Lego.

Time was running out. One last task. Goldfinger's computer was high-tech, and The Master's fingers danced across the keys. He had to find out who this Sebastian Shaw was-his occupation, his background, what power he had. But the roaring flames cut his search short. He bounded out of the room, towards the ship.
"You're going to follow me back to my ship Oddjob. And we'll interrogate you there."
A 7-foot jump, that'd be a problem. From hat he knew of Shaw, the human would never be able to make that distance. Nor would Oddjob, for that matter.

But wait! he thought. What of that Richards boy? He could surely stretch his body to form a bridge across!
He could see him now, legs stretching, easily vaulting over the gap, and landing on the other side.

'Richards!" he called out, trying not to let his desperation show. "Make us a bridge across! Come on, you'd be dead without me. I rescued you from the Kyln in the Battle TARDIS!"

Richards merely smirked from the doorway of the Serenity II. "Now why on Earth would I care about you? You threw me across the Kyln!"
But his scanner would give him that answer. Earlier, it had been severely damaged, but now, it was in working order. His scanner danced around Shaw's form, revealing something very interesting. Regenerative cells. Expanded psychic intellect. Sebastian Shaw wasn't there. Someone, or, more likely, some thing, was wearing his body like a puppet. But a puppetmaster with those capabilities intrigued The Maker enough to reluctantly stretch his body across the gap, forming a strong enough bridge for The Master and his companion to sprint across.

As Richards coiled his body back into the Serenity II, he whispered to the Time Lord. "I know you're not who you say you are. What are you really? What do you want with that man's body?"
"Dear boy, I come from a hyper-advanced species of aliens who can travel through Time and Space. Keep your mouth shut, and do as I say, and I'll tell you all of their secrets..."
@Cromartie Sarkissian @Ringmaster @Thuro 116 Pendragon @LuckycoolHawk9 @EveryoneElse

The Time Lord inhabiting Sebastian Shaw's body sat down, smiling, confidently. He'd poured himself a glass of Goldfinger's finest wine, and was rather relaxed for someone who was standing in a burning building.

"Well, that went well."

But The Master had no fear of flames. In fact, he'd been burnt to death on the planet Sarn once-at The Doctor's hands, or course. So this bonfire really wouldn't have much of an impact.
But before he left, he had some business to attend to.
Firstly, he scooped the bottle of Wine off of Goldfinger's desk. It wasn't the best he'd ever tasted, but it'd do.

Secondly, he clicked his fingers. "Oddjob. You've got a new Master. And you will obey me." Controlling the manservant's mind was elementary. Some men had mental defences from The Master's powers, well built mental blockades and walls. Oddjob's on the other hand, could've been made of Lego.

Time was running out. One last task. Goldfinger's computer was high-tech, and The Master's fingers danced across the keys. He had to find out who this Sebastian Shaw was-his occupation, his background, what power he had. But the roaring flames cut his search short. He bounded out of the room, towards the ship.
"You're going to follow me back to my ship Oddjob. And we'll interrogate you there."
A 7-foot jump, that'd be a problem. From hat he knew of Shaw, the human would never be able to make that distance. Nor would Oddjob, for that matter.

But wait! he thought. What of that Richards boy? He could surely stretch his body to form a bridge across!
He could see him now, legs stretching, easily vaulting over the gap, and landing on the other side.

'Richards!" he called out, trying not to let his desperation show. "Make us a bridge across! Come on, you'd be dead without me. I rescued you from the Kyln in the Battle TARDIS!"

Richards merely smirked from the doorway of the Serenity II. "Now why on Earth would I care about you? You threw me across the Kyln!"
But his scanner would give him that answer. Earlier, it had been severely damaged, but now, it was in working order. His scanner danced around Shaw's form, revealing something very interesting. Regenerative cells. Expanded psychic intellect. Sebastian Shaw wasn't there. Someone, or, more likely, some thing, was wearing his body like a puppet. But a puppetmaster with those capabilities intrigued The Maker enough to reluctantly stretch his body across the gap, forming a strong enough bridge for The Master and his companion to sprint across.

As Richards coiled his body back into the Serenity II, he whispered to the Time Lord. "I know you're not who you say you are. What are you really? What do you want with that man's body?"
"Dear boy, I come from a hyper-advanced species of aliens who can travel through Time and Space. Keep your mouth shut, and do as I say, and I'll tell you all of their secrets..."
@Cromartie Sarkissian @Ringmaster @Thuro 116 Pendragon @LuckycoolHawk9 @EveryoneElse

In his youth, Crichton would have fired a parting quip at the chaos, but time and servitude had calmed him. Instead he merely nodded his head at Hit, an acknowledgement and thanks between warriors, then crossed on Richards's body bridge, something he was immensely he was immensely grateful for, his gimp leg would never let him make the jump.

Once he was safely aboard, he spoke into his communicator, "Last Order, Wash, somebody please get us the hell out of here just as soon as possible."

@Cromartie Sarkissian

Status
Not open for further replies.