Serenity Down- IC Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
"...So the security footage...will show that I didn't actually do anything, right? I mean, I just kind of stood here, to be honest," Battler commented lightheartedly. Obviously, he didn't actually plan to stick around with all that fire around. Like everyone else, the sorcerer had only one option. Jump about seven feet. For being the "last option" it certainly wasn't exactly a daunting task. Turning into golden butterflies, Battler vanished and reappeared inside the Serenity II.

Distance was no match for teleporting.
"Aiding and Abetting"
The Hitman seemed to mumble moments before the Spellcaster left the scene; The Novas had sent people to the stasis prisons for worse. It was, of course, true that he was on the verge of committing the same crime himself, and thus risking the same fate, but risks had to be taken​
Lucifer looked at him and arched an eyebrow. So, this man was a smuggler, well, that wasn't what he expected at all too.
He paused as he thought about this deal.
He wasn't paying much attention, but his instincts told him to step back and he was right because as soon as the man was done, he was killed by a blast and that meant bad things.

He looked at the chaos and how everything had been burned, well, there was only three things to do. Rescue Sarah, Rescue the Sith Lord and take the gold, but perhaps not in that order. He looked at Peter Quill and he bit down. " Mr.Quill, take Ms. Connors back to the ship, I will be taking the gold and our unconcious sith lord," he said, not caring that he was revealed. He wasn't quite ready to die. Quill nodded and went to Sarah to help her get to the ship and escape.

He teleported to three feet below, teleported the gold to the Serenity two and went back to the burning room. He coughed as he emerged, the things that he did for the Goodkin kid. He found the knocked out Sith Lord and teleported them into the serenity 2. Hopefully, the others could get on fine, his telporting was running out and there was no way he could teleport Mr. Critchon, and the other two To be quite honest, that had taken a year or two off of Cameron's lifespan of some plus years. He hoped Mr. Quill could get on the ship with Ms. Connors, otherwise, he would use his last teleport on them.

@Ringmaster @Thuro 116 Pendragon @Cromartie Sarkissian @BarrenThin @Gibbons
With Gold finally on the ship, all Lucifer had to do was deal with the dozen thermal detonators attacked to the supply, ready to blow the second Serenity to high Hell. If he did have some sort of experience with bomb detonation, he would find that the explosives were tied together with gun powder, which had been frozen and entwined into a string. It seemed to encase a majority of the Gold, and, if cut, would spill over the floor, increasing the damage an explosion would cause....​
The Time Lord inhabiting Sebastian Shaw's body sat down, smiling, confidently. He'd poured himself a glass of Goldfinger's finest wine, and was rather relaxed for someone who was standing in a burning building.

"Well, that went well."

But The Master had no fear of flames. In fact, he'd been burnt to death on the planet Sarn once-at The Doctor's hands, or course. So this bonfire really wouldn't have much of an impact.
But before he left, he had some business to attend to.
Firstly, he scooped the bottle of Wine off of Goldfinger's desk. It wasn't the best he'd ever tasted, but it'd do.

Secondly, he clicked his fingers. "Oddjob. You've got a new Master. And you will obey me." Controlling the manservant's mind was elementary. Some men had mental defences from The Master's powers, well built mental blockades and walls. Oddjob's on the other hand, could've been made of Lego.

Time was running out. One last task. Goldfinger's computer was high-tech, and The Master's fingers danced across the keys. He had to find out who this Sebastian Shaw was-his occupation, his background, what power he had. But the roaring flames cut his search short. He bounded out of the room, towards the ship.
"You're going to follow me back to my ship Oddjob. And we'll interrogate you there."
A 7-foot jump, that'd be a problem. From hat he knew of Shaw, the human would never be able to make that distance. Nor would Oddjob, for that matter.

But wait! he thought. What of that Richards boy? He could surely stretch his body to form a bridge across!
He could see him now, legs stretching, easily vaulting over the gap, and landing on the other side.

'Richards!" he called out, trying not to let his desperation show. "Make us a bridge across! Come on, you'd be dead without me. I rescued you from the Kyln in the Battle TARDIS!"

Richards merely smirked from the doorway of the Serenity II. "Now why on Earth would I care about you? You threw me across the Kyln!"
But his scanner would give him that answer. Earlier, it had been severely damaged, but now, it was in working order. His scanner danced around Shaw's form, revealing something very interesting. Regenerative cells. Expanded psychic intellect. Sebastian Shaw wasn't there. Someone, or, more likely, some thing, was wearing his body like a puppet. But a puppetmaster with those capabilities intrigued The Maker enough to reluctantly stretch his body across the gap, forming a strong enough bridge for The Master and his companion to sprint across.

As Richards coiled his body back into the Serenity II, he whispered to the Time Lord. "I know you're not who you say you are. What are you really? What do you want with that man's body?"
"Dear boy, I come from a hyper-advanced species of aliens who can travel through Time and Space. Keep your mouth shut, and do as I say, and I'll tell you all of their secrets..."
@Cromartie Sarkissian @Ringmaster @Thuro 116 Pendragon @LuckycoolHawk9 @EveryoneElse
Oddjob turned around, his absent minded smile returning to his face. The subservience of the man-servant could not be brought under normal circumstances, neither could his loyalty, but this was, by all means, not a normal circumstance.

Oddjob seemed to follow Shaw around like a lost puppy, mimicking his actions almost perfectly as he made his was towards to claret cupboard

Their first mistake

Once the doors had been opened, the trial of spilled wines and dripping brandy seemed to ignite at a terrifying rate, forming a path of fire directly towards the alcohol store. It was only a feat of luck that Richards was able to form his bridge in time, and further luck that The Master was able to cross it, before the tongues of red spat their foul toxins across the room.

Boom

The entire left wall of the building was gone, destabilizing the entire tower's structure. Auric Enterprises' Nar Shaddaa factory seemed to lean for a moment, pivoting at its center point snapping bamboo, before succumbing to a total collapse

"NO"

Hit had to think fast- to save who he could- with the use of another time freeze. But no, he had expended too much energy during the laser deflections of 2 minutes prior...he would be lucky if he could maintain in the timeless state for more than 0.1 seconds

But he had to try

The flames fades into glass once more, this time Hit pushing himself even further into his limits-- and beyond. He threw Sarah's coach out of the building and into the Serenity II's oval doorway with a great deal of strain; he was not used to dividing his power so. Next came the Predator, the wild beast in armor; a simple grab of the wrist would allow the Master Assassin to ferry the Alien across the chasm. Caesar, Longshot, everyone was out mere breaths before the tower became ash...

What luck

Turning back towards the crumbling colossus, the master Assassin cracked a smile for the first time in a decade

"Not all that glitters, Auric...Not all that glitters"

Chapter 3.5- Never Enough

Sarah awoke with a start, frantically clawing at the air around her. Damn, another nightmare had seized her. She thought she was finally claiming control over he subconscious, beating out her own inferiority and fear with hard work and focus...yet that was not the case

She had been drowning in a late, blinded by the cloudy, stagnant water. Her body was numb from the neck down, most likely caused by the chilling cold she had felt from the neck up. It was unbarable, like nothing she had ever felt before; none of the guns, the pull ups, or all the body armor in the world could free her from that feeling of helplessness...

But it was just a dream, and nothing more

She peeled herself off of the ship's floor, her face aching, her head spinning. Sparks seemed to fly from every console like fireworks, burning, orange rain. The air tasted like filth and gunpowder, even more so than the Kyln. All the sweat, all the blood- she had actually thought that she would finally be free from the odour
latest

All around her she could see the crew, her crew, being thrown around like ragdolls in a play pen, flying from wall to wall...yet she stayed the same- steady. Was she really so badly concussed that her dizziness countered the turbulence?

Once she had summoned the strength to sit up, she ran a head count-

Yes, everyone was accounted for

The majority of the crew were at their posts, holding on for dear life while Hoban struggled to raise the ship from its nose dive. A new, strange figure loomed over him, perfectly level among all the chaos. Tall, purple, wearing an armored trench coat; it was as if the alien had been dressing up as Kyle for Halloween...

"Do you think you can regain control, Pilot-San?"

"What does it look like I'm doing, Ballgown? How about you try to carry an entire shuttle?"

"I would be, had my energy not been spent"

"Just like a thought..."

Hoban pulled and flicked desperately at the array of buttons on the ship's control desk, sweat pouring down his cheeks. No, he was not about to let this happen again-- he did not care how many systems he had lost to the debris damage; he would keep the ship in the air if it was the last thing he did

"What...happened?"

The mother of the Resistance stumbled across the ship, and into the vacant co-pilot's seat; she was not worth much as a driver, but it was better to have a concusses mother helping pilot the Falcon than nobody at all

"Goldfinger made an attempt to blackmail your crew into completing a task for him- your helmet clad ally tried to defy him...things escalated"

He made a gesture towards the crater were the building had once stood his his left arm

"Wait...Who are you?"

"A source from the League-- we can talk later. For now, we have more important things to worry about..."

"True-- I dont think I can keep this girl in the air for much longer-- we're gliding down pretty steadily" The ship rocked as two plasma bolts came in hard with the Serenity II's outer rim "But I cant do it with those Novas on our tail"

"So shoot them down"

"Can't- our cannons were the first things to go when the tower came down on us..."

"Then...someone is going to have to go onto the roof to take them down manually"

A suicide mission by any other name...

(Mobile Update)

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: 1 person
With Gold finally on the ship, all Lucifer had to do was deal with the dozen thermal detonators attacked to the supply, ready to blow the second Serenity to high Hell. If he did have some sort of experience with bomb detonation, he would find that the explosives were tied together with gun powder, which had been frozen and entwined into a string. It seemed to encase a majority of the Gold, and, if cut, would spill over the floor, increasing the damage an explosion would cause....
With Gold finally on the ship, all Lucifer had to do was deal with the dozen thermal detonators attacked to the supply, ready to blow the second Serenity to high Hell. If he did have some sort of experience with bomb detonation, he would find that the explosives were tied together with gun powder, which had been frozen and entwined into a string. It seemed to encase a majority of the Gold, and, if cut, would spill over the floor, increasing the damage an explosion would cause...
Lucifer groaned, when he finally noticed them, a dozen or so thermal detonators that were going to blow this ship to high Hell if they weren't dealt with. He inspected the bomb, perhaps if he looked at it like a .... well, fuck. He saw that they were tied together with gun powder and if that was cut, there would be a problem indeed. He inspected it for a bit and debated it very catiously. There had to be.... well, there was always that option of letting it explode, but no. He paused when Cameron spoke to him. We could try to cut it, but that may blow up this ship entirely again. I could perhaps try to hack it, but that may be diffcult. " Well, you better damn well try," he said.

" I'll go," Peter Quill voulntered. If he could do something to stop the Nova Corps, even at the cost of his own life, he would do it. Perhaps the Devilish man would take his corpse and he wouldn't be entirely useless.

Crichton leaned into the cockpit, am almost terrifying grin plastered on his face. He truly was insane. "Did somebody mention a suicide mission?"

Already Crichton's unconventional mind was formulating a plan. It was stupid, dangerous, and gambled away some of their most valuable assets. In short, it was perfect. Crichton swung his ruined Pulse Rifle am inch from Quill's face, holding it there as a warning. "Wait. Just, wait one frelling minute please. I've got a plan."

"Let the old give way to the young." He muttered inaudibly under his breath.

Flocking his comm for the benefit of those not in the cockpit, Crichton began checking of a list of the things he'd need if he, and by extension the crew of the Serenity II, were to survive this. "One. I'm going to need all of your chi Hit. In fact, anyone with excess spiritual energy would be helpful. Totally not talking about you Battler. But hey, if not that's cool. I'll just let my life force be drawn into the negative."

"Two. I'm going to need to borrow 'I love Lucy' from Goodkin. Trust me, he can have him back at the end of it. I have enough voices and demons crawling around my head."

"Tres. I'm going to need someone to Ebenezer 'I am the Dark Lord' Scrooge from waking up. He'd hate this plan more than anyone." He started to gesture towards the force user, then stopped, realizing he was in the other compartment. Note to self, ram head against wall layer.

"If this works, we're back to square one, but we're not dead. Can't ask for much more than that myself, can you?" Without waiting for a response Crichton began to chant his signature chant, drawing his own energies, his own version of chi, into a solid ball, a solid energy source, at the center of himself. If the others were to act, it would be now while Crichton was at the peak of his own unique, odd power.
@LuckycoolHawk9 @Gibbons @Cromartie Sarkissian

Last edited by a moderator:
"Well, don't look at me." said The Master, smiling confidently. "At my age, you've got to take care of yourself. Not to mention that humans aren't the strongest creatures in the universe." Not by a long shot, he thought. To his knowledge, humans were about as strong as tissue paper. Yet their mortality appealed to him to some degree. Jumping from body to body, he had came to enjoy living a life in chronological order, and had considered not bothering to restore his Time Lord form. Yet Space and Time beckoned, with a strength that the rogue Time Lord could not resist. That, and a desire for power that one planet alone could never sate.
It appeared that the world really wasn't enough.

Reed Richards had no desire to sacrifice himself. Indeed, his death would surely be a heavy burden to the universe-his magnificent mind had hardly begun his revolutionary plans for the universe. Besides, he didn't care enough about any member of the party to waste such oppourtunity for their benefit.
Perhaps the young genius was still sore by being used as a bridge by 3 people-honestly, the sheer indignity of it all!
Usually, Reed would be logical and sacrifice the weakest of the group. Shaitan was the most powerful, so he wouldn't give him up. Shaw possessed knowledge that Reed wanted, so he had to be kept around for now. Quill seemed to be a good combatant and jack-of-all-trades when it came to space travel-why, he'd be a fool to go up there.

He outstretched his arm, and put it on Quill's shoulder. "I wouldn't go if I were you, Quill. You're far too useful to the rest of us." It was the closest that The Maker could get to a compliment. He stroked his chin for a moment, trying to think of who was the most logical choice to sacrifice.
"If Longshot is still with us, shouldn't we send him up there? His control over probability means that he'll probably survive and get those thugs off our case."

The Master, however, was perfectly fine with either Quill or Crichton going. Indeed, if they perished, it meant a new, younger body for him. But first, he had some business to attend to.
"Ms. Connor. Glad to see you back in the land of the living." He smiled, slowly. "I've bought back Goldfinger's companion for interrogation. I assure you he'll be quite compliant. Do you know if there are any medical facilities on board? In case of any...unexpected injuries?" To be honest, he could've asked any member of the crew those questions, but as someone who knew Sebastian Shaw best, perhaps his form of Reverse-Psychology questioning could reveal more about the identity of the man most of the crew assumed him to be. He had already had to divulge his secret to one member of the crew, and ideally, he'd try to avoid any further errors if possible.
c31eb4d3fbf73ecb7e2d448d9003b58b.jpg

@Cromartie Sarkissian @Thuro 116 Pendragon @LuckycoolHawk9 @EveryoneElse

Crichton leaned into the cockpit, am almost terrifying grin plastered on his face. He truly was insane. "Did somebody mention a suicide mission?"

Already Crichton's unconventional mind was formulating a plan. It was stupid, dangerous, and gambled away some of their most valuable assets. In short, it was perfect. Crichton swung his ruined Pulse Rifle am inch from Quill's face, holding it there as a warning. "Wait. Just, wait one frelling minute please. I've got a plan."

Flocking his comm for the benefit of those not in the cockpit, Crichton began checking of a list of the things he'd need if he, and by extension the crew of the Serenity II, were to survive this. "One. I'm going to need all of your chi Hit. In fact, anyone with excess spiritual energy would be helpful. Totally not talking about you Battler. But hey, if not that's cool. I'll just let my life force be drawn into the negative."

"Two. I'm going to need to borrow 'I love Lucy' from Goodkin. Trust me, he can have him back at the end of it. I have enough voices and demons crawling around my head."

"Tres. I'm going to need someone to Ebenezer 'I am the Dark Lord' Scrooge from waking up. He'd hate this plan more than anyone." He started to gesture towards the force user, then stopped, realizing he was in the other compartment. Note to self, ram head against wall layer.

"If this works, we're back to square one, but we're not dead. Can't ask for much more than that myself, can you?" Without waiting for a response Crichton began to chant his signature chant, drawing his own energies, his own version of chi, into a solid ball, a solid energy source, at the center of himself. If the others were to act, it would be now while Crichton was at the peak of his own unique, odd power.
"Well, don't look at me." said The Master, smiling confidently. "At my age, you've got to take care of yourself. Not to mention that humans aren't the strongest creatures in the universe." Not by a long shot, he thought. To his knowledge, humans were about as strong as tissue paper. Yet their mortality appealed to him to some degree. Jumping from body to body, he had came to enjoy living a life in chronological order, and had considered not bothering to restore his Time Lord form. Yet Space and Time beckoned, with a strength that the rogue Time Lord could not resist. That, and a desire for power that one planet alone could never sate.

Reed Richards had no desire to sacrifice himself. Indeed, his death would surely be a heavy burden to the universe-his magnificent mind had hardly begun his revolutionary plans for the universe. Besides, he didn't care enough about any member of the party to waste such oppourtunity for their benefit.
Perhaps the young genius was still sore by being used as a bridge by 3 people-honestly, the sheer indignity of it all!
Usually, Reed would be logical and sacrifice the weakest of the group. Shaitan was the most powerful, so he wouldn't give him up. Shaw possessed knowledge that Reed wanted, so he had to be kept around for now. Quill seemed to be a good combatant and jack-of-all-trades when it came to space travel-why, he'd be a fool to go up there.

He outstretched his arm, and put it on Quill's shoulder. "I wouldn't go if I were you, Quill. You're far too useful to the rest of us." It was the closest that The Maker could get to a compliment. He stroked his chin for a moment, trying to think of who was the most logical choice to sacrifice.
"If Longshot is still with us, shouldn't we send him up there? His control over probability means that he'll probably survive and get those thugs off our case."

The Master, however, was perfectly fine with either Quill or Crichton going. Indeed, if they perished, it meant a new, younger body for him. But first, he had some business to attend to.
"Ms. Connor. Glad to see you back in the land of the living." He smiled, slowly. "I've bought back Goldfinger's companion for interrogation. I assure you he'll be quite compliant. Do you know if there are any medical facilities on board? In case of any...unexpected injuries?" To be honest, he could've asked any member of the crew those questions, but as someone who knew Sebastian Shaw best, perhaps his form of Reverse-Psychology questioning could reveal more about the identity of the man most of the crew assumed him to be. He had already had to divulge his secret to one member of the crew, and ideally, he'd try to avoid any further errors if possible.
Show Spoiler

Lucifer heard his name over the com and he looked at the bomb and decided to ask the mostly mortal. " Do you think you can hold yourself awake despite the strain? We can't exactly let it blow up," he said.

Cameron didn't get the answer before the demon seperated and he was in his own body. He looked at the bomb and back at the Devil. " Tell, The Maker I need him for this," he said, holding himself and clearly not able to support himself. The strain was too great for one simple mortal and he was going to need help.

Lucifer nodded and approached the Critchon fellow and the rest of the group, in his temporary body he made. It wasn't going to last. " I am here, also whichever one of you is The Maker, Cameron needs you. I may have brought some expolosive gold that won't be helpful in our situation if we don't deprogram some thermal sensors," he said.

Peter was quiet. " I will keep Ebneezer from waking up," he said to them.

@LuckycoolHawk9 @Gibbons @Cromartie Sarkissian
"I hope you know what you're doing"
Hit grabbed Crichton by his wrist, and began channeling as much of his remaining ki into the man. Of course, with the Ki not entirely being his own, it is unlikely that Jack would be strong enough to equal the Master Assassin's former strength, but at this point in time, he would at least be strong enough to fly, use any of his own abilities, and maybe create an energy beam or two.

A glowing, almost electrical light appeared around Hit, flowing from his core, across his arms, down his palms and onto Jack-- time to see whether or not Jacky goes off and wastes his new found superpowers :/​

"Just because I can mess with the numbers, does not mean I can completely push my luck-- I'm not a Pixar Sequel"
Longshot called out from the Ship's basement, followed by a loud, echoing buzzing sound. He appeared to be wearing some sort of leather jump suit, one so tight that it would make Ben Affleck cry himself back to 2003.
tumblr_nrxi0ajkbR1sbbfwho6_1280.jpg
"Anyway, my 'Luck' is really freaking subjective. One minuite I may dodge a bullet...but that bullet maaayyy end up flying off into a pet store, or an orphanage or something"

"Still...its worth a shot"
The Mojoverse TV star made his way towards, and out of, the airlock, ready to see who would follow him

"No"
Sarah cried, crawling back deeper into her chair, he hand on her hip blaster.
"No, you sonova...you're dead! Caesar killed you, you're dead!"
He could not be back...he just couldnt be. She had seen in less than a week ago- his body engulfed in red, consumed by the flames of one of Caesar's barrels. No, it wasnt fair for him to live... for all he scum bag, maggots and slimeballs she had faced over the years...he was by far the one she least wanted to see again in the flesh

Only the good die young

Mobile Post

• Bucket of Rainbows

Crichton sighed. Time to walk instead of talk. Paying his former a sardonic grin, he flexed his hands experimentally. He hadn't felt this good since becoming Ragnorak's servant. In this state, he could actually block out god's influence and abilities. His leg didn't even bother him.

His usual reply would have been the utterly predictable and flippant, So do I. Instead he asked "Is this how you feel all the time?" Crichton didn't really expect a reply, but for some reason he'd felt the need to ask. Crichton had never been powerful on his own, always riding along on the powers and trying not to get his head blown off. First the Ancients, giving him the power to end all life, all... Everything. Then John cracking the seal on the universe and making Jack into a conduit for power that made him a target for some of the very worst the universe had to offer. Them Ragnorak offering him a deal that he didn't have a chance of refusing. All of this, dragging Crichton further and further from his home, from a peaceful life. That was why he wanted to be a hero, because everything else had been stripped from the astronaut. His sanity, his wife, his baby, his freedom.

All of it, and he was still a slave, drawn forward to even the infinitesimal power the assass offered, infinitesimal compared to the godlike power he needed to free himself.

Jack was a ticking time bomb, and you didn't want to be near him when he went off.

All this reflection passed by in under a second, looking to the others like he just lowered his head for a moment, probably to pray he didn't die horribly from this.

Looking at the form that Lucifer had manifested for himself, Jack felt a squirm of queasiness pass through him. He hasn't been overly religious despite being a good old Southern boy, but this felt eerily like a deal with the devil. Making a small decision, he dropped the idea of binding with the entity. Too many voices in his head, and some lines he wouldn't cross.

"Forget it Lucy. Just, do me a favor. If I don't make it back from this, take care of the crew. Other than that absentminded magician, you're the most powerful here. You need to keep them safe." Crichton held his hand out to the entity, a different kind deal with the devil.

Whether the thing took his hand or not, Jack dropped his attention from him after a moment, focusing on his always unstable abilities. With a flash of blue light, he shifted himself and the gold to the top of the Falcon, crouching low to avoid being bucked off. He could feel it, he was burning through Hit's chi reserves for on an oil slick. He had only moments left. Jack tracked the pair of ships following them, calculating the ideal to drop the package.

Then, closing his eyes, Crichton felt his own madness bubbling up. Who wants to live forever.

Crichton shifted the gold and himself in between the two as they trailed along, his focus not on them but rather the precious cargo. Unlike the myth of Midas however, he wasn't entranced by it's beauty or the allure of wealth, he just wanted it gone. With a vicious strike, he punched gold right on the timer, prompting an instantaneous Micheal Bay explosion. Throwing up a shield between him and the fiery glow, the flames engulfed the two fighters.

Be a hero John.

The words floated to him, seemingly from beyond the veil. With the last of Hit's chi bubbling inside him, he flung his hands out like a stage magician performing his penultimate act. A flash of blue light inside the cockpits of the fighters declared their salvation and Jack's damnation.

There's no chance for us
It's all decided for us
This world has only one sweet moment set aside for us

With the last of his energy depleted, Jack wouldn't be shifting anything anywhere. As he plummeted towards the ground, he has a strange smile on his face.

Forever is our today
Who wants to live forever
Forever is our today

Crichton sighed. Time to walk instead of talk. Paying his former a sardonic grin, he flexed his hands experimentally. He hadn't felt this good since becoming Ragnorak's servant. In this state, he could actually block out god's influence and abilities. His leg didn't even bother him.

His usual reply would have been the utterly predictable and flippant, So do I. Instead he asked "Is this how you feel all the time?" Crichton didn't really expect a reply, but for some reason he'd felt the need to ask. Crichton had never been powerful on his own, always riding along on the powers and trying not to get his head blown off. First the Ancients, giving him the power to end all life, all... Everything. Then John cracking the seal on the universe and making Jack into a conduit for power that made him a target for some of the very worst the universe had to offer. Them Ragnorak offering him a deal that he didn't have a chance of refusing. All of this, dragging Crichton further and further from his home, from a peaceful life. That was why he wanted to be a hero, because everything else had been stripped from the astronaut. His sanity, his wife, his baby, his freedom.

All of it, and he was still a slave, drawn forward to even the infinitesimal power the assass offered, infinitesimal compared to the godlike power he needed to free himself.

Jack was a ticking time bomb, and you didn't want to be near him when he went off.

All this reflection passed by in under a second, looking to the others like he just lowered his head for a moment, probably to pray he didn't die horribly from this.

Looking at the form that Lucifer had manifested for himself, Jack felt a squirm of queasiness pass through him. He hasn't been overly religious despite being a good old Southern boy, but this felt eerily like a deal with the devil. Making a small decision, he dropped the idea of binding with the entity. Too many voices in his head, and some lines he wouldn't cross.

"Forget it Lucy. Just, do me a favor. If I don't make it back from this, take care of the crew. Other than that absentminded magician, you're the most powerful here. You need to keep them safe." Crichton held his hand out to the entity, a different kind deal with the devil.

Whether the thing took his hand or not, Jack dropped his attention from him after a moment, focusing on his always unstable abilities. With a flash of blue light, he shifted himself and the gold to the top of the Falcon, crouching low to avoid being bucked off. He could feel it, he was burning through Hit's chi reserves for on an oil slick. He had only moments left. Jack tracked the pair of ships following them, calculating the ideal to drop the package.

Then, closing his eyes, Crichton felt his own madness bubbling up. Who wants to live forever.

Crichton shifted the gold and himself in between the two as they trailed along, his focus not on them but rather the precious cargo. Unlike the myth of Midas however, he wasn't entranced by it's beauty or the allure of wealth, he just wanted it gone. With a vicious strike, he punched gold right on the timer, prompting an instantaneous Micheal Bay explosion. Throwing up a shield between him and the fiery glow, the flames engulfed the two fighters.

Be a hero John.

The words floated to him, seemingly from beyond the veil. With the last of Hit's chi bubbling inside him, he flung his hands out like a stage magician performing his penultimate act. A flash of blue light inside the cockpits of the fighters declared their salvation and Jack's damnation.

There's no chance for us
It's all decided for us

With the last of his energy depleted, Jack wouldn't be shifting anything anywhere. As he plummeted towards the ground, he has a strange smile on his face.

Forever is our today
Forever is our today
Lucifer wasn't shocked when he was rejected, most sane people would reject a merge with the Devil. Even in this form, he had been known to make mortals uneasy, bothered, sometimes tempted, it was not uncommon for him to do that. He noticed that the man seemed to be skeptical about fusing with him now, it seemed that he was uneasy about the prospective and he could sense it, a deal with the Devil and if he phrased it right, it was just as binding as a contract with any demon.

The phrasing wasn't binding, but he knew that was the purpose. It was a promise- and a promise with the Prince of Hell was worth more than anything else. " I will, I promise to protect them,"he said, looking at him. Sometimes making deals made him feel whole, but this one felt more hollow, more definitive than others. He walked back and noticed that Cameron was passed out, it seemed that his body had rejected the changes, he was indeed alive and he stood by the body, waiting for him to awake before he refused.

@Ringmaster @Thuro 116 Pendragon @Cromartie Sarkissian @BarrenThin @Gibbons @Mighty Roman

Be a hero John.

There's no chance for us
It's all decided for us

Forever is our today
Forever is our today
The Nova ships seemed to crumble the moment the detonators ignited, the gold burning with them. It was truly a sight to see, a blinding spectacle that could be seen across the city.

Yet, amidst the debris and flame, 3 shapes fell. The first was the Falcon, protected by the shield of Crichton, flying upwards until it penetrated that atmosphere. The second was far smaller, invisible to those on the ground- the body of Longshot. Barely alive and burning like the forth of July, he descended for several hundred feet, before coming into contact with a nearby balcony with a chilling crack. He would be okay though...right? Maybe he would get lucky

The third and final object was the body of Jack Crichton, finally ascending to the title of 'John'. The Serenity 2 had pulled upwards the moment the onslaught had ceased, leaving the men on its roof to fend for themselves. It was a tough call, yet one that had to be made. It was truly Longshot and John, or the entire ship lost to shrapnel. He too fell, yet for far further than his companion, eventually fading completely into the putrid fumes of the lower city...

The Ship was finally free...but at a price far higher than all the Gold in the world...

Chapter 4- Answers

"You want the truth? Fine, I'll give you the truth"
Hit leaned over the main desk of the Falcon, staring deep into the morose faces of its crew. They had lost an ally, a hero, and most immortality, a friend- the Master Assassin knew that the league was one of the last things on their minds at this point in time

Yet, they needed a distraction, a purpose the carry them through the tough time

And that was what he was going to give them

He slapped his mighty Purple hands against the table, and continued speaking

"As you already know, the League helped eliminate the Serenity and its crew. I should know...because..."

He breathed in deep- he would have to tell them now- anger was more useful to them all than despair. They would have found out any way-- their investigation was too thorough for them to over look such a detail. He was simply bringing forth the inevitable
maxresdefault.jpg
"Because I was there..."

He retained his emotionless gaze

"It was only days before I was re-assigned to Goldfinger. His previous guard had been shot protecting him...they wanted me to replace him. I was going up towards the Supreme Assassin's office..."
----------------------
"Hit" The Ravager called out to her fellow assassin, grabbing him by his shoulder. She was dressed in her usual combat gear, minus the orange and black mask, revealing her dark head of hair. She stared past him, gazing off into the distance as opposed to into his eyes "You're being transferred"

"To Auric Goldfinger, so I have been told" Both figures maintained their usual soulless speech patterns, their words as plain as the white hall they stood in. It was quiet there, far away from the hustle and bustle of the rest of the facility. Very few individuals bellow the 'I' rank of assassin were allowed so close to the Supreme Assassin's office; it was the perfect, and only place, to discuss such sensitive matters at Headquarters

"Consider it overruled- The boss has something especially special for you today"

She released his arm, and continued on her way down the corridor

"Go in and find out for yourself"

-----
"So you were there? You're telling us that this is all your fault?" Sarah growled, rising from her seat "You were given your 'assignment' by some supervisor, and you followed it to the letter, and killing some good men and women"

"No...if I had been assigned to kill the crew, Hoban-san would not be here..."

The thick wooden doors of the Master Assassin's office swung open with a chilling screech, the tall, well built figure of Hit sliding through the office was larger than one would expect, filling up the same amount of space a small restaurant as opposed to a study. The walls and floor remained white and pure, yet to be tainted by the blackness of visitor's shoes. The area was poorly filled, and even more poorly managed, without only one mahogany table sitting at its center, stacked high with paperwork and arrows

The Supreme Assassin barely looked up from her hollo-projector upon the arrival of Hit. He was a powerful assassin in her eyes, one of the best, yet he lacked her experience- and thus, the priceless resource that was her time was seldom given to him

"Sit"

She made a gesture with her right arm towards a small stool that sat in front of her table, before returning to the miniaturized holographic figure that has shining from her lap

"Tell Number One that the mission will be completed on time--Nyssa out"
latest

She threw her device aside, pulled her long, graying hair away from cracked lips, and finally adressed the the issue

"Hit...I take it that Isabelle already told you why you have been brought here?"

"Isabelle?"

"You know her as the Ravager"

"A transfer?"

"Correct"

She shuffled through some of the papers on the top layer of her desk, desperate not to disturb the rest of the tower

"It is closer to a promotion that anything, Hit. We need your time freeze ability on an upcoming mission"
Of course she phrased it so- heaven forbid that she stated that she needed him for anything more than his abnormality- he was just another cannon for her to point and fire

"Supereme-San..."

"Do not interupt- I am aware of your assignment with Goldfinger- he will have to wait. For now we need you here--"

She pressed her finger down against the control panel buried somewhere beneath the ocean of paper. Another holographic map appeared, one akin to that the Current Crew of the Serenity II found in the black box. There it was-- The Serenity 1-- Shown in all its glory. It was live security footage, stolen from each and every room of the ship, and relayed back to them. Hoban, Mal, Jayne, Zoe-- they were all there, completing their everyday tasks in order to keep the vessel in the air

"The Captain is the target- he is in possession of information that poses great threat to the League and all its members- we need him dead"

"We?" Hit mumbled kicking his stool aside "I have worked for you for 15 years directly- not once have you said we. You refer to the League as being one with yourself- reffing to it a I"

"A fault of my tongue- Do not dwell on it, Hit. Prepare for travel-- your shuttle is in bay 7"

He stood his ground

"You teach us to trust our instincts, Supreme-San -Do you wish to know what my instincts tell me today? They tell me that you have not chosen this mission yourself"
"Well done"
"And that whoever you were communicating with prior to my arrival holds more power than even yourself-- or at least he represents it--correct?"
Nyssa froze, undecided as to whether or not she should kill Hit on the spot for all the information he possessed. Yet, he was still so very, very useful, and eliminating him now would simply rasie suspicion

She could see the headlines-- League of Assassins Leader Nyssa Al Ghul Removed from Power after Conspiriring Against the Multiverse

Now, that was one sentense she never hoped to hear repeated to herself

She had to come clean

"Hit...Are you familiar with the organization...SPECTRE?"

"No"

"Of course you have not--" She spat "I'd be more than afraid if you had. They...we... are Multiversal Puppeteers, the hands behind the scenes. SPECTRE is going to shape the multiverse, make it new again... and to do it, they need me...and they need the Captain of the Serenity dead"

"I--"

"Dont understand? Of course you do not-- it is far too much for lesser species to comprehend--We are going to restart the world, Hit. Make perfection possible!"

"And my power is the only thing that can infiltrate a class Z force-field...the one surrounding the Ship. You want me to take out a ship single handedly for your SPECTRE?"

"No, no, no! Hit, you underestimate both me and the crew of the Ship-- Malcolm Reynolds undoubtedly has a fail safe or two to keep people like us away-- take down the force field, and I will send in an army...The entire Level III sector...Excessive? Perhaps...But necessary....Who knows? Do this for us, and we may allow you into our ranks..."

Hit concluded his story, and began to make his way towards the window.

"At the time I thought it was a ghost story, and that the Supreme Assassin had gone insane in her old age...Until I saw the feeds the next day-- they had smashed the entire ship into Earth-That-Was, and summoned all of you there. They must have thought that you had somehow learned what Mal had learned, maybe through his final transmission, and wanted to take you all out quietly..."

The Count let out a long, twisted chuckle
"The Boogie man strikes again! How very scary-- first Jacky takes a jump (and did not do a back flip, much to my upset) and now Dipsy's Ninja buddies work for your super secret SPECTRE? There's a four letter Earth word I'm thinking of, and you're all talking alot of it"

"I dont need to tell you again, Crew-- This is what happened. It my fault that SPECTRE was able to get away with what it did-- And now I must live with the consequences..."

"But you turned them down? You turned down SPECTRE's offer? Otherwise, you would not have been working for Goldfinger?" Sarah's emotions were finally leveling out, returning to a state of normality. She too had blamed herself for such thing- the death of her son, the destruction of the Helfire club- yet none had truly been by her hand. She may have been the target, yet she had never pulled the trigger- akin to how Hit was the weapon, yet not the being who fired it

"Correct, Sarah-San. I did not understand why back then- It was a choice based upon instinct...but now?"

The ship's hollomonitor screamed into action, blaring out another tacky newfeed jingle.

"I hate to but it..." Hoban muttered "But you guys will want to see this"

"Good afternoon" The Twi'lek news reader muttered, adjusting her palmcards and breathing deeply. "We have breaking news for all ships in the Omega Sector" She pulled her blue tendrils out away from her face in a semi-professionall manner. He voice maintained the deteatched newsreader tone "Escaped Convicts turned terrorists "The Second Serenity"...'
Holographic images of the entire grew flashed up, Battler's picture labeled "Aiding and Abetting"
"....have been identified as the colprits behind two more terrifying attacks on the Peaceful Multiverse. Recent leaked security footage shows their ship, a Correlian YT-1300 light-frieghter, opening fire on Auric Enterprises founder and CEO Auric Goldfinger, with the intention of destablize the galactic economy- we warn you, the followng clips contain some graphic images"
A video starts to play, recorded from one of Auric's faulty security cameras, recreating his total incineration at the hands of one of the Falcon's energy blasts
"A national day of morning has been held along the Beta Sector in his honour"

"The second such attack was the attempted assassination of Eveline Johnson, Current Head of the Chicago Faction system. Not only did the outlaws enter quarantined territory, but tried to destroy the entire Hancock building, the current location of the leader"
A holographic image flew onto the screen, detailing the face of the would-be victim
latest
"More on this story as it comes"

"I dont know about you guys" The Count mumbled, his right hand pressed against his chin in a 'Thinker' position. "I dont recall going to any 'Faction System'...Looks like someone is giving us some bad press..."
"You think?" Sarah cried, charging towards the pilot's seat. Her tone grew erratic "Its SPECTRE, I know it is. They're trying to turn everyone against us... we have to go to Chicago...go under cover...find out..."

"Unless that's what they want us to do-- to ambush us. We need to attack them before they can attack us..."

"Caesar...worried about...quarantine... security..."

"Nothing we can't handle"

The argument gave the crew two choices- Side with Sarah, and travel to Chicago to find out the source of this bad press and go undercover to find the answers, or side with Hit, and prepare for a direct attack

The Crew
The Maker/ Reed Richards and The Master @Mighty Roman
MISAKA/ The Ship- @Thuro 116 Pendragon
River Tam @CookieMonster
Peter Quill/ Starlord and Cameron Goodkin @LuckycoolHawk9
Kiande Thei-de and Shaitan @Ringmaster
Spike Spiegel and a Xenomorph @T.O.M.
Battler Ushiromiya @Gibbons
Momoyo Kawakami @Kaykay

Meanwhile
Jack Crichton would awaken to a twisted abyss. It was dark, cold, wet, yet dry and bright at the same time. It was like one's first childhood illness, mixed in with one's first birthday; the ultimate contradiction. He would have felt dizzy and disorientated, as if he had been thrown out onto a moonwalk

He could not speak

"Carbonite travel is not as fun as it sounds, right John"

A voice cried through the void, reaching out towards Crichton. As his senses healed, he would detect the strong English accent that accompanied the words

"I dont know if you can see me, or even if you can here me..."

latest
"But my name is Trevelyan, Alec Trevelyan...Otherwise known as Janus-- And I have a unique proposition for you..."

JANUS Crew
Jack Crichton- @Thuro 116 Pendragon

-------------------------------

Super long mobile post--forgive its quality

• Love
The Nova ships seemed to crumble the moment the detonators ignited, the gold burning with them. It was truly a sight to see, a blinding spectacle that could be seen across the city.

Yet, amidst the debris and flame, 3 shapes fell. The first was the Falcon, protected by the shield of Crichton, flying upwards until it penetrated that atmosphere. The second was far smaller, invisible to those on the ground- the body of Longshot. Barely alive and burning like the forth of July, he descended for several hundred feet, before coming into contact with a nearby balcony with a chilling crack. He would be okay though...right? Maybe he would get lucky

The third and final object was the body of Jack Crichton, finally ascending to the title of 'John'. The Serenity 2 had pulled upwards the moment the onslaught had ceased, leaving the men on its roof to fend for themselves. It was a tough call, yet one that had to be made. It was truly Longshot and John, or the entire ship lost to shrapnel. He too fell, yet for far further than his companion, eventually fading completely into the putrid fumes of the lower city...

The Ship was finally free...but at a price far higher than all the Gold in the world...

Chapter 4- Answers

"You want the truth? Fine, I'll give you the truth"
Hit leaned over the main desk of the Falcon, staring deep into the morose faces of its crew. They had lost an ally, a hero, and most immortality, a friend- the Master Assassin knew that the league was one of the last things on their minds at this point in time

Yet, they needed a distraction, a purpose the carry them through the tough time

And that was what he was going to give them

He slapped his mighty Purple hands against the table, and continued speaking

"As you already know, the League helped eliminate the Serenity and its crew. I should know...because..."

He breathed in deep- he would have to tell them now- anger was more useful to them all than despair. They would have found out any way-- their investigation was too thorough for them to over look such a detail. He was simply bringing forth the inevitable
Hit (open)
maxresdefault.jpg

"Because I was there..."

He retained his emotionless gaze

"It was only days before I was re-assigned to Goldfinger. His previous guard had been shot protecting him...they wanted me to replace him. I was going up towards the Supreme Assassin's office..."
----------------------
"Hit" The Ravager called out to her fellow assassin, grabbing him by his shoulder. She was dressed in her usual combat gear, minus the orange and black mask, revealing her dark head of hair. She stared past him, gazing off into the distance as opposed to into his eyes "You're being transferred"

"To Auric Goldfinger, so I have been told" Both figures maintained their usual soulless speech patterns, their words as plain as the white hall they stood in. It was quiet there, far away from the hustle and bustle of the rest of the facility. Very few individuals bellow the 'I' rank of assassin were allowed so close to the Supreme Assassin's office; it was the perfect, and only place, to discuss such sensitive matters at Headquarters

"Consider it overruled- The boss has something especially special for you today"

She released his arm, and continued on her way down the corridor

"Go in and find out for yourself"

-----
"So you were there? You're telling us that this is all your fault?" Sarah growled, rising from her seat "You were given your 'assignment' by some supervisor, and you followed it to the letter, and killing some good men and women"

"No...if I had been assigned to kill the crew, Hoban-san would not be here..."

The thick wooden doors of the Master Assassin's office swung open with a chilling screech, the tall, well built figure of Hit sliding through the office was larger than one would expect, filling up the same amount of space a small restaurant as opposed to a study. The walls and floor remained white and pure, yet to be tainted by the blackness of visitor's shoes. The area was poorly filled, and even more poorly managed, without only one mahogany table sitting at its center, stacked high with paperwork and arrows

The Supreme Assassin barely looked up from her hollo-projector upon the arrival of Hit. He was a powerful assassin in her eyes, one of the best, yet he lacked her experience- and thus, the priceless resource that was her time was seldom given to him

"Sit"

She made a gesture with her right arm towards a small stool that sat in front of her table, before returning to the miniaturized holographic figure that has shining from her lap

"Tell Number One that the mission will be completed on time--Nyssa out"
latest

She threw her device aside, pulled her long, graying hair away from cracked lips, and finally adressed the the issue

"Hit...I take it that Isabelle already told you why you have been brought here?"

"Isabelle?"

"You know her as the Ravager"

"A transfer?"

"Correct"

She shuffled through some of the papers on the top layer of her desk, desperate not to disturb the rest of the tower

"It is closer to a promotion that anything, Hit. We need your time freeze ability on an upcoming mission"
Of course she phrased it so- heaven forbid that she stated that she needed him for anything more than his abnormality- he was just another cannon for her to point and fire

"Supereme-San..."

"Do not interupt- I am aware of your assignment with Goldfinger- he will have to wait. For now we need you here--"

She pressed her finger down against the control panel buried somewhere beneath the ocean of paper. Another holographic map appeared, one akin to that the Current Crew of the Serenity II found in the black box. There it was-- The Serenity 1-- Shown in all its glory. It was live security footage, stolen from each and every room of the ship, and relayed back to them. Hoban, Mal, Jayne, Zoe-- they were all there, completing their everyday tasks in order to keep the vessel in the air

"The Captain is the target- he is in possession of information that poses great threat to the League and all its members- we need him dead"

"We?" Hit mumbled kicking his stool aside "I have worked for you for 15 years directly- not once have you said we. You refer to the League as being one with yourself- reffing to it a I"

"A fault of my tongue- Do not dwell on it, Hit. Prepare for travel-- your shuttle is in bay 7"

He stood his ground

"You teach us to trust our instincts, Supreme-San -Do you wish to know what my instincts tell me today? They tell me that you have not chosen this mission yourself"
"Well done"
"And that whoever you were communicating with prior to my arrival holds more power than even yourself-- or at least he represents it--correct?"
Nyssa froze, undecided as to whether or not she should kill Hit on the spot for all the information he possessed. Yet, he was still so very, very useful, and eliminating him now would simply rasie suspicion

She could see the headlines-- League of Assassins Leader Nyssa Al Ghul Removed from Power after Conspiriring Against the Multiverse

Now, that was one sentense she never hoped to hear repeated to herself

She had to come clean

"Hit...Are you familiar with the organization...SPECTRE?"

"No"

"Of course you have not--" She spat "I'd be more than afraid if you had. They...we... are Multiversal Puppeteers, the hands behind the scenes. SPECTRE is going to shape the multiverse, make it new again... and to do it, they need me...and they need the Captain of the Serenity dead"

"I--"

"Dont understand? Of course you do not-- it is far too much for lesser species to comprehend--We are going to restart the world, Hit. Make perfection possible!"

"And my power is the only thing that can infiltrate a class Z force-field...the one surrounding the Ship. You want me to take out a ship single handedly for your SPECTRE?"

"No, no, no! Hit, you underestimate both me and the crew of the Ship-- Malcolm Reynolds undoubtedly has a fail safe or two to keep people like us away-- take down the force field, and I will send in an army...The entire Level III sector...Excessive? Perhaps...But necessary....Who knows? Do this for us, and we may allow you into our ranks..."

Hit concluded his story, and began to make his way towards the window.

"At the time I thought it was a ghost story, and that the Supreme Assassin had gone insane in her old age...Until I saw the feeds the next day-- they had smashed the entire ship into Earth-That-Was, and summoned all of you there. They must have thought that you had somehow learned what Mal had learned, maybe through his final transmission, and wanted to take you all out quietly..."

The Count let out a long, twisted chuckle
"The Boogie man strikes again! How very scary-- first Jacky takes a jump (and did not do a back flip, much to my upset) and now Dipsy's Ninja buddies work for your super secret SPECTRE? There's a four letter Earth word I'm thinking of, and you're all talking alot of it"

"I dont need to tell you again, Crew-- This is what happened. It my fault that SPECTRE was able to get away with what it did-- And now I must live with the consequences..."

"But you turned them down? You turned down SPECTRE's offer? Otherwise, you would not have been working for Goldfinger?" Sarah's emotions were finally leveling out, returning to a state of normality. She too had blamed herself for such thing- the death of her son, the destruction of the Helfire club- yet none had truly been by her hand. She may have been the target, yet she had never pulled the trigger- akin to how Hit was the weapon, yet not the being who fired it

"Correct, Sarah-San. I did not understand why back then- It was a choice based upon instinct...but now?"

The ship's hollomonitor screamed into action, blaring out another tacky newfeed jingle.

"I hate to but it..." Hoban muttered "But you guys will want to see this"

"Good afternoon" The Twi'lek news reader muttered, adjusting her palmcards and breathing deeply. "We have breaking news for all ships in the Omega Sector" She pulled her blue tendrils out away from her face in a semi-professionall manner. He voice maintained the deteatched newsreader tone "Escaped Convicts turned terrorists "The Second Serenity"...'
Holographic images of the entire grew flashed up, Battler's picture labeled "Aiding and Abetting"
"....have been identified as the colprits behind two more terrifying attacks on the Peaceful Multiverse. Recent leaked security footage shows their ship, a Correlian YT-1300 light-frieghter, opening fire on Auric Enterprises founder and CEO Auric Goldfinger, with the intention of destablize the galactic economy- we warn you, the followng clips contain some graphic images"
A video starts to play, recorded from one of Auric's faulty security cameras, recreating his total incineration at the hands of one of the Falcon's energy blasts
"A national day of morning has been held along the Beta Sector in his honour"

"The second such attack was the attempted assassination of Eveline Johnson, Current Head of the Chicago Faction system. Not only did the outlaws enter quarantined territory, but tried to destroy the entire Hancock building, the current location of the leader"
A holographic image flew onto the screen, detailing the face of the would-be victim
Johnson (open)
latest

"More on this story as it comes"

"I dont know about you guys" The Count mumbled, his right hand pressed against his chin in a 'Thinker' position. "I dont recall going to any 'Faction System'...Looks like someone is giving us some bad press..."
"You think?" Sarah cried, charging towards the pilot's seat. Her tone grew erratic "Its SPECTRE, I know it is. They're trying to turn everyone against us... we have to go to Chicago...go under cover...find out..."

"Unless that's what they want us to do-- to ambush us. We need to attack them before they can attack us..."

"Caesar...worried about...quarantine... security..."

"Nothing we can't handle"

The argument gave the crew two choices- Side with Sarah, and travel to Chicago to find out the source of this bad press and go undercover to find the answers, or side with Hit, and prepare for a direct attack

The Crew
The Maker/ Reed Richards and The Master @Mighty Roman
MISAKA/ The Ship- @Thuro 116 Pendragon

River Tam @CookieMonster
Peter Quill/ Starlord and Cameron Goodkin @LuckycoolHawk9
Kiande Thei-de and Shaitan @Ringmaster
Spike Spiegel and a Xenomorph @T.O.M.
Battler Ushiromiya @Gibbons
Momoyo Kawakami @Kaykay

Meanwhile

Jack Crichton would awaken to a twisted abyss. It was dark, cold, wet, yet dry and bright at the same time. It was like one's first childhood illness, mixed in with one's first birthday; the ultimate contradiction. He would have felt dizzy and disorientated, as if he had been thrown out onto a moonwalk

He could not speak

"Carbonite travel is not as fun as it sounds, right John"

A voice cried through the void, reaching out towards Crichton. As his senses healed, he would detect the strong English accent that accompanied the words

"I dont know if you can see me, or even if you can here me..."

--- (open)
latest

"But my name is Trevelyan, Alec Trevelyan...Otherwise known as Janus-- And I have a unique proposition for you..."

JANUS Crew
Jack Crichton- @Thuro 116 Pendragon

-------------------------------
Peter Quill took a moment to consider his options. Another attack that wasn't them definitely seemed more like a pressing matter than possibly attacking and dying at the hand of the League of Assassins to nothing. The league wanted them dead- so either way was a risk, but perhaps going undercover would uncover more than anything else. " I believe that going undercover would be more benefical to us. Attacking won't do anything expect get us in more trouble than we are already in," he said.
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Lucifer stared at Cameron who was still passed out, so he was missing most of the conversation going on outside. It seemed that he underestimated the strength of this body as he was still out cold. He took a deep breath and wondered if the Shadow Guard was awake. He sighed and shook the man awake.

"What happened?" He asked.

" Ehh, not sure, Critchon sacrificed himself, Longshot died and probably something else. Judging by the yelling, we are arguing between going undercover and attacking the league," he said.

" What do you think what would be better?" He asked.

" Undercover works better in my opinion, it keeps us from being murdered to be quite honest," he said.

" Is he awake yet?" Cameron asked.

Lucifer shrugged.

@Ringmaster @Thuro 116 Pendragon @Cromartie Sarkissian @BarrenThin @Gibbons @Mighty Roman

I'm alive. Jack felt jubilation and sadness simultaneously, the emotions nearly overwhelming. Joy at continuing this game of life, however unfair it was at times, but sadness because just for a moment as he hurtled towards the ground far below, he'd believed he was going to get depart this mortal coil and be reunited with his beloved wife and his son.

His flurry of emotions quickly turned to hard earned cynicism the moment he heard the man's voice and his subsequent 'proposition'. Seemed like people were always offering him propositions.

"I'm a blind cripple. My first thought for a proposition involves euthanasia and a dumpster." The joke hung in the air for a moment, as dead as the subject material. "But, I'm guessing you didn't Han Solo me to listen to my lame ass jokes."

Rubbing his eyes, he squinted to get a better look at the man. "I'm hoping you're not as two faced as the real Janus."
@Cromartie Sarkissian

I'm alive. Jack felt jubilation and sadness simultaneously, the emotions nearly overwhelming. Joy at continuing this game of life, however unfair it was at times, but sadness because just for a moment as he hurtled towards the ground far below, he'd believed he was going to get depart this mortal coil and be reunited with his beloved wife and his son.

His flurry of emotions quickly turned to hard earned cynicism the moment he heard the man's voice and his subsequent 'proposition'. Seemed like people were always offering him propositions.

"I'm a blind cripple. My first thought for a proposition involves euthanasia and a dumpster." The joke hung in the air for a moment, as dead as the subject material. "But, I'm guessing you didn't Han Solo me to listen to my lame ass jokes."​
"Quite right, Crichton. Quite right"
Janus held a half smile as helping Jack to his feet. He gave him two short, sharp pats against his back, partially to test his balance, partially out of pure congratulations.
"We 'Han Solo'-ed you because we're rather big fans of your work-- Combat skill, espionage experience, piloting skill-- and that fact that, as of 3 days ago, you are legally dead"
Oh, the Novas had brushed over such a detail in their previous reports; heaven forbid that the Second Serenity were be represented as sympathy figures in the media. He paused, tilted his head slightly, and explained himself
"Here at the J.A.N.U.S. Corporation...Sorry-- Here at the 'Justice Armada of National Unity against SPECTRE', we take secrecy very seriously-- the more people who think you are dead, the better. Sorry for any inconveniences"

• Bucket of Rainbows
"Whats going on."

Shaitan had awakened and rose up, from unconsciousness to full recovery save for a major migrane that he eradicated with his healing. In the corner, Kiande snickered. The entire time, watching the ship and then relaxing while everyone was fighting.

@Whoever​

"Whats going on."

Shaitan had awakened and rose up, from unconsciousness to full recovery save for a major migrane that he eradicated with his healing. In the corner, Kiande snickered. The entire time, watching the ship and then relaxing while everyone was fighting.

@Whoever​
"Someone in the 'Faction System' has framed us for another attempted murder-- I think that we should go check things out, but Hit..."
Sarah turned her seat around and stared down the master Assassin with a glare that could sour milk
"Thinks we should go out to blow them up before they can--"
"That's not what I mean, Sarah-San..."
"Then you agree with me then?"
"No, I..."
Peter Quill took a moment to consider his options. Another attack that wasn't them definitely seemed more like a pressing matter than possibly attacking and dying at the hand of the League of Assassins to nothing. The league wanted them dead- so either way was a risk, but perhaps going undercover would uncover more than anything else. " I believe that going undercover would be more benefical to us. Attacking won't do anything expect get us in more trouble than we are already in," he said.
"Nice to know someone agrees with me"

• Bucket of Rainbows
Shaitan patted himself down for the black box, absently eyeing Sarah as she spoke.

"I agree. I'm more inclined for stealth... But I have questions. Do we have the gold too?"

Shaitan patted himself down for the black box, absently eyeing Sarah as she spoke.

"I agree. I'm more inclined for stealth... But I have questions. Do we have the gold too?"
Lucifer happened to walk in on that exact question too. " I do not believe so, I believe Jack blew it up," he said to everyone there.

Cameron followed in and looked around. The Devil hadn't fused back him and he wasn't sure if that was a good thing or bad. He did feel weak.

Peter smiled, he was happy that Sarah appreciated his opinion.

He swore quietly under his breath.

"Then we're back at square one. The gold would have funded many operations."

He swore quietly under his breath.

"Then we're back at square one. The gold would have funded many operations."
Lucifer looked at the Shadow Guard as he paused. " Not necessarily, I have funds that I can access, it isn't gold per se, but owning a nightclub in space has some interesting blackmail pay," he said.

Cameron felt around in his pocket, nearly forgetting that he had a government ID or rather a false one that Maggie had gave him. He looked at it and pulled out his glasses to read it, yup,it indeed would work too. He wasn't sure why, but he wished he could be more useful, but all he knew was some quantum physics.

"Quite right, Crichton. Quite right"
Janus held a half smile as helping Jack to his feet. He gave him two short, sharp pats against his back, partially to test his balance, partially out of pure congratulations.
"We 'Han Solo'-ed you because we're rather big fans of your work-- Combat skill, espionage experience, piloting skill-- and that fact that, as of 3 days ago, you are legally dead"
Oh, the Novas had brushed over such a detail in their previous reports; heaven forbid that the Second Serenity were be represented as sympathy figures in the media. He paused, tilted his head slightly, and explained himself
"Here at the J.A.N.U.S. Corporation...Sorry-- Here at the 'Justice Armada of National Unity against SPECTRE', we take secrecy very seriously-- the more people who think you are dead, the better. Sorry for any inconveniences"

"Stop. You're going to make me blush." Crichton deadpanned while he thought about the situation. The chances were small that Janus was being a hundred percent on the up and up with him, but on the other hand, he had saved him. That meant at the very least that he was a pan that they couldn't afford to kill off yet. Feigning blindness, his eyesight had already mostly cleared up, he grabbed Janus's shoulder for support and whispered under his breath: "Trace on."

Using a weaker subway of the powers that he employed while escaping the Kyln, before crippling a little girl, Jack traced the timeline of the man beside him. In midst of the timelines, his fate was tied to Crichton's before splitting off later down the road.

Great. Lotta help that was. Thanks a bunch Ragnorak. That could mean anything, including Janus using then killing him.

Asshat.

"You kidding? The more people that think I'm dead the better. If you could only do that trick on my boss." Ah, it was best not to mention Ragnorak around strangers, or friends, or anyone for that matter. Releasing the man and stepping back on his braced but still weak leg, Crichton really wished he had a cane. "I'm up for whatever you got planned, but I need something in return. Payment I guess. Call me the merc with a mouth."

And now to drop the bombshell of a request. "I need a vial of Mirakuru. Someone innocent got caught in the crossfire, and I need to set it right."​

ACROSS THE MULTIVERSE- SPECTRE HEADQUARTERS

"All rise for the arrive of No.1" Robotic voice cut through the blackness of SPECTRE headquarters, reaching out towards each and every member of the council. The room was completely dark, unnervingly so, and had been set to a fixed temperature- it was the only way to avoid any members of the board from being bugged with cameras, thermal or visual. Each and every person on the council had to remain completely anonymous, mere ghosts to the outside world, if their plans were to succeed

The sound of steel capped boots meeting the marble flooring began to echo around the area, bringing the group's attention to the head of the table. A seat scraped backwards for No.1 to sit upon, which he swiftly did, all while adjusting his pale brown suit. During this period, not a word was spoken

"Sit"

He murdered, the outline of his face making a subtle smile against the light of a local life support system. The council obeyed. He spoke in monotone

"Number two- Update me on our current situation"

The man beside him stirred, clearing his throat nervously. No.2 was acting uncharacteristically unsure of himself while in the presence of his Master... Yet another sign of his authority

"Yes, Sir" The Voice of Dr.Julius No sounded even clearer than it did in the black box recording, his smooth Chinese accent being unable to overcome the static prior "The resources have all been acquired- all systems are operational...the Second Serenity's whereabouts are...as of yet unknown..."

"Unknown?" No.1's impatience rattled through the dark "You only need to track one ship. I presume number eight has issued a warrant for their arrest?"

Their was yet another chilling silence. Members one through to twenty turned to eachother, none daring to break the news of Wesker's demise to the one

Several minutes passed before number eleven, an elderly american man with skin like rubber, spoke up.

"Number eight- Albert Wesker, is deceased, sir" He brushed the grey tails of his mustache away from his lips, the clockwork licking of his mind replacing the hum of his breath "The warrent was made prior to his death, however...He had been replaced by..." He hesitated, not daring to break the single greatest rule of SPECTRE-- no names are to be mentioned during direct meetings. That was the entire purpose of their number code names- in the event that any of the present members had in fact been replace by an enemy replica- whether it be through cloning, robots or otherwise- the group's best interest was to avoid giving the duplicate any information their opposition could use

Such paranoia kept the group alive

"Number Eleven..." Number one tutted "You are wise to hold your tongue...All I need to know is the Wesker's death is confirmed, and that any form of replacement has been found. Further news?"

A new voice made itself heard. It came from a mouth placed mere inches beneath a third eye, its blue light casting shadow over the crevices of the man's face

"If I may, number one..." His voice was distorted, almost robotic, as if the man had been speaking into a rotating fan "The Valeyard has also met his end. I act as his replacement, number twelve"
He hesitated, gazing around at the rest of the council. The darkness did not disguise them from his technological omnipotence-- they were all black souled, ruthless leaders, like himself. All geniuses in their own fields: robotics in the form of eleven, biology and radioactivity in himself, physics in number two, technological communication in the from of number six- the list went on. Those who did not posses superior intellects had other assents: companies, armies, money, unique abilities- the Group had no place for the inefficient

These men and women had everything they needed to enact their plan already-- they only required time and, no matter how strongly they wished to deny it, final checks by himself
"I am sure that my skills will be put to a good use here"

"Should we not also mention..." A Scottish woman cried, pulling her long red hair away from her face, her stern facial features shining through. "That we have reason to believe that number thirteen, Agent Smith, has defected"

"Defected"
Number One's voice remained surprisingly calm, considering the circumstances. A defection of one of his inner circle threatened his very being, let alone his plans. Yet, he remained level, reserved- he would not shoot the messenger.
"I presume he did not complete his objective? Pity...another setback..."

The Scotswoman continued "Smith was reported to have been conversing with one of the targets, Shaitan of the Shadow Guard, during which he revealed the name of our organization. He has not reported his progress since"

"Then he was right in not returning. Can we be sure that he only revealed the name?"

"No, sir"

His patience began to slip. Summoning all of his strength in order compose himself, he replied in a shaking voice

"Who else survived the mission? The Valeyard is deceased, and Smith had defected, yet I distinctively remember 3 men leaving for the mission...Remind me...Schmidt..." He was using the Red Skulls name- both men knew that, by doing so, he was signing the Nazi's death certificate "Did you make any attempt to silence the traitor? Or to access his blood sample? Or even the Valeyard's?"

The Red Skull stirred from the other end of the room, and, for the first time in his prolonged life, felt the cold grip of fear consume him. He was frozen, his black heart unable to face up to the wrath of Number One
"Nien"
He held his breath
"You are aware of the price of failure here, Mr.Schmidt?"
The Red Skull's slate had been burned clean- 20 years of service up in flames the moment his mistake had been made known to his master. He was nothing more than liability to him now.

With a simple pull of a trigger, the liability was put down like the sick animal he was

Number One caressed the tip of his Wolfe.44 his his handkerchief, cutting through the smoke that seemed to dripp from its mouth. Gently, he placed the pistol back onto the mahogany table

Silence fell again

"Let me make one thing clear to you all-- the council of 21 is invaluable to our new world- imperfection will not be tolerated. To that end, your are all expendable- replace able- a fact that each and everyone of you must remember. You seats are not. The moment you pose even the slightest risk to anyone else in this room, you too will end up like Mr.Schidt. Questions?"

Not a word was uttered, each man, woman and alien paralyzed by undeniable terror

"Number One" The gruff voice of number 18 called out, harden by both age and screaming. "My minions have reported that a ship hailing as the 'Second Serenity' is about to enter quarantined space- an area known only as 'The Faction System'. They were led there by Number Six- She created falsified news reports detailing the crew attacking the area"

"Marvelous. Let them pass through the quarantine barriers without any trouble- after that, seal of the planet. From there, prepare an ambush....no....an army"
He sat up in his seat at as yet another idea struck him
"Send your children, Eighteen. Work with Numbers Eleven, Eight and Three"

The familiar voice of Nyssa Al Ghul, Head of the League and 'Number Three' called out
"Sir! My men could handle anything the Crew of the Serenity could throw at us. Let me send my army alone and the same result will be found"

"You last army, Number Three, provided the targets enough time to transmit a distress call to a secondary group of threats- who we still do not know if they are aware of our plans- and a survivor. You jeopardized our entire operation, and are damn lucky that I was feeling forgiving on that particular day. Even your follow up assassin failed in part of her mission! If Number Two had not been present on the ship, I fear that the entire crew could have survived. Since then, we have all been cleaning up your mess. Your only chance of redemption lies within the deaths of the entire crew- make any knowledge they may or may not possess decay with then- and gathering the samples. Perhaps you will be lucky, and the Demon Clan or the Daleks will do your job for you"

"Sir..."

"Meeting dismissed"

----------------------------------------------------

Touchdown in Chicago
cf784cb0-ce7f-0133-7364-0e8f20e97865.jpg

As the Nova's quarantine field burst like a soap bubble under the pressure of the Falcon's hyperdrive, the beauty of the city bellow came into sight. Hundreds of sky scrapers poked out from the earth like the spines of a porcupine. The sky was far cleaner than that of Nar Shaddaa, the beautiful sunset of planet Earth glowing across the city. If one could capture the skyline in a painting, it would possess undeniable beauty.

Yet-like all parts of the multiverse- the Faction System was segregated, tainted, both by the arrogance its of leaders and the madness of its followers. An ocean of people seemed to flood its streets, each man, woman and child dressed in ragtag, multicoloured clothing. Red, green, grey, black, blue; everyone seemed to dress in patchwork, and those who refused- those who dressed completely in blue, or completely in grey- were being beaten publicly.

The city was surrounded by a barren wasteland as opposed to the metrolplis it should have been, the world's wings clipped by 50 story concrete walls

It was a mad world
Hit's kii shield protected the ship from on lookers as it came to a halt, landing on the edge of the desert: from there on, the walls would keep the Falcon hidden.

latest

"Okay crew- here's the plan" Sarah murmured, leading the group out of the ship "We go in, check things over, and get back in the air. Dont worry to hard about disguises unless we meet opposition- from what I can tell, everyone inside is just a crazy as us- we'll blend right in" She rocked her head, whipping the hair out of her face. She removed her shotgun from her back strap, throwing it back into the Serenity II's doorway "And no non-concealed weapons- we dont want to scare the guys on the inside--"

"And...*grunt*... for the non....sapiens?" Caesar growled, his snarling slowly forming complete sentences. However, his snout would still act as enough of a giveaway to his ape origin

"My chi will help you to blend in" Hit waved his hand, a light blue power surging across it. From this point onward, the aliens of the group would appear to look human, unimportant- the would instantly be written off as normal by all looking upon them. It would be strange at first, but it was also the only way they would be able to pull this off

"I recommend we start with the largest tower- city leaders tend to hang around in tall buildings. This 'Evelyn' woman is the target, but not anything else suspicious needs to be mentioned too- large transmitters, high power explosives, anything. It might be smart to check out the rest of the city too."

When the service doors of the wall were finally blasted open by one of Hit's kii blasts, the city was open for exploration

The Hancock Building
John_Hancock_Center.jpg
The largest remaining building in the area, large portions of glass appear to be missing from its hull, leaving it near skeletal in appearance. A long zipwire hangs from its peak, leading diagonally down towards a city alley way
The Erudite Compound
latest

Despite being smaller than the skyscrapers, the Erudite Compound seemed to have been kept in the greatest state of repair, with a large amount of people going in and out by the second. Close inspection would reveal several satellites being mounted upon its roof, perfect for long distance communication

The Dauntless Headquarters
10014chicagojamesrthompson.jpg

An averagely high building, the Dauntless Compound seemed to be almost completely abandoned. Paintball marks seemed to coat its door way, leading deep underground
---------------------------
"Stop. You're going to make me blush." Crichton deadpanned while he thought about the situation. The chances were small that Janus was being a hundred percent on the up and up with him, but on the other hand, he had saved him. That meant at the very least that he was a pan that they couldn't afford to kill off yet. Feigning blindness, his eyesight had already mostly cleared up, he grabbed Janus's shoulder for support and whispered under his breath: "Trace on."

Using a weaker subway of the powers that he employed while escaping the Kyln, before crippling a little girl, Jack traced the timeline of the man beside him. In midst of the timelines, his fate was tied to Crichton's before splitting off later down the road.

Great. Lotta help that was. Thanks a bunch Ragnorak. That could mean anything, including Janus using then killing him.

Asshat.

"You kidding? The more people that think I'm dead the better. If you could only do that trick on my boss." Ah, it was best not to mention Ragnorak around strangers, or friends, or anyone for that matter. Releasing the man and stepping back on his braced but still weak leg, Crichton really wished he had a cane. "I'm up for whatever you got planned, but I need something in return. Payment I guess. Call me the merc with a mouth."

And now to drop the bombshell of a request. "I need a vial of Mirakuru. Someone innocent got caught in the crossfire, and I need to set it right."​
"Being dead is great, until you have to apply for a home-loan" Janus joked, almost carrying Jack towards one of the tables. From there, he picked up a stray umbrella, and handed it too his companion "Should act as a decent walking stick for the time being- 'Merc'. And believe me, we have far more valuable things to give you than money, Jack..."

latest
"Mirakuru...does ring a bell...sorry! I'll see what some of the guys downstairs can whip up for you, but in the meantime, we need to leave- the council needs to see you ASAP"

And with that, he made his way towards the door, taking no consideration for Jack's injury

"You coming?"

Mobile Post

• Love
Status
Not open for further replies.