Serenity Down- IC Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Touchdown in Chicago
cf784cb0-ce7f-0133-7364-0e8f20e97865.jpg

As the Nova's quarantine field burst like a soap bubble under the pressure of the Falcon's hyperdrive, the beauty of the city bellow came into sight. Hundreds of sky scrapers poked out from the earth like the spines of a porcupine. The sky was far cleaner than that of Nar Shaddaa, the beautiful sunset of planet Earth glowing across the city. If one could capture the skyline in a painting, it would possess undeniable beauty.

Yet-like all parts of the multiverse- the Faction System was segregated, tainted, both by the arrogance its of leaders and the madness of its followers. An ocean of people seemed to flood its streets, each man, woman and child dressed in ragtag, multicoloured clothing. Red, green, grey, black, blue; everyone seemed to dress in patchwork, and those who refused- those who dressed completely in blue, or completely in grey- were being beaten publicly.

The city was surrounded by a barren wasteland as opposed to the metrolplis it should have been, the world's wings clipped by 50 story concrete walls

It was a mad world

Hit's kii shield protected the ship from on lookers as it came to a halt, landing on the edge of the desert: from there on, the walls would keep the Falcon hidden.

latest

"Okay crew- here's the plan" Sarah murmured, leading the group out of the ship "We go in, check things over, and get back in the air. Dont worry to hard about disguises unless we meet opposition- from what I can tell, everyone inside is just a crazy as us- we'll blend right in" She rocked her head, whipping the hair out of her face. She removed her shotgun from her back strap, throwing it back into the Serenity II's doorway "And no non-concealed weapons- we dont want to scare the guys on the inside--"

"And...*grunt*... for the non....sapiens?" Caesar growled, his snarling slowly forming complete sentences. However, his snout would still act as enough of a giveaway to his ape origin

"My chi will help you to blend in" Hit waved his hand, a light blue power surging across it. From this point onward, the aliens of the group would appear to look human, unimportant- the would instantly be written off as normal by all looking upon them. It would be strange at first, but it was also the only way they would be able to pull this off

"I recommend we start with the largest tower- city leaders tend to hang around in tall buildings. This 'Evelyn' woman is the target, but not anything else suspicious needs to be mentioned too- large transmitters, high power explosives, anything. It might be smart to check out the rest of the city too."

When the service doors of the wall were finally blasted open by one of Hit's kii blasts, the city was open for exploration

The Hancock Building
Building (open)
John_Hancock_Center.jpg

The largest remaining building in the area, large portions of glass appear to be missing from its hull, leaving it near skeletal in appearance. A long zipwire hangs from its peak, leading diagonally down towards a city alley way
The Erudite Compound
latest

Despite being smaller than the skyscrapers, the Erudite Compound seemed to have been kept in the greatest state of repair, with a large amount of people going in and out by the second. Close inspection would reveal several satellites being mounted upon its roof, perfect for long distance communication

The Dauntless Headquarters
10014chicagojamesrthompson.jpg

An averagely high building, the Dauntless Compound seemed to be almost completely abandoned. Paintball marks seemed to coat its door way, leading deep underground
Peter Quill sighed, as he tossed his own weapons back onto the ship and looked at Cameron." So, you got any information like back on Serenity one?" He asked.

Cameron looked at him and paused. He had never been much of a reader outside of movies and comic books, and since being with the Stitchers, he hadn't exactly been able to see every new movie in his world that related science. " Nope, I got nothing, I can't tell you much more. Maybe Sarah knows something about the world," he said. He noticed that Lucifer still hadn't reformed with him and that bothered him, more than he cared to admit. Was he defective? Broken?

Lucifer looked down at a book and shrugged. " It looks like a class system based on the color system," he said, tossing the book back. Anyone who was paying attention could assume that Lucifer knew more, but he wasn't speaking about it. " I will refuse you if we need too, you seem to be able to handle yourself, plus fusing still might kill you," he said.

@Ringmaster @Thuro 116 Pendragon @Cromartie Sarkissian @BarrenThin @Gibbons @Mighty Roman @Temporary Freed Lucifer while Cameron heals

"Being dead is great, until you have to apply for a home-loan" Janus joked, almost carrying Jack towards one of the tables. From there, he picked up a stray umbrella, and handed it too his companion "Should act as a decent walking stick for the time being- 'Merc'. And believe me, we have far more valuable things to give you than money, Jack..."

TzWdBTx.png

Jack accepted the cane with a grateful nod. There wasn't a lot to say in response to that, so for once he kept his mouth shut. His mouth tended toget under people's skin, and while that helped a surprising amount in a firefight, it'd be best not to alienate his only ally in this Janus thing.

"Mirakuru...does ring a bell...sorry! I'll see what some of the guys downstairs can whip up for you, but in the meantime, we need to leave- the council needs to see you ASAP"

And with that, he made his way towards the door, taking no consideration for Jack's injury

"You coming?"

"Let's go then. When you get to be my age, you ain't got a lot of time to kill." A bit of an exaggeration for a man that was barely pushing fifty, but he told half truths like that without even thinking. Keep the enemy off balance, make them overestimate or underestimate you. It was... kind of sad actually. Jack automatically assumed everyone he met was an enemy. It said a lot about the man and what he'd been through, but the crew of the Serenity II hd bucked that world view somewhat. They were criminals, scum and traitors, but when thrown together they'd become something else.

Eh. Thinking like that was dangerous. Focus on the present. Maybe, if he was lucky and none of the council were magically attuned or defended, he could get a trace on their futures and thus their intentions.

Peter Quill sighed, as he tossed his own weapons back onto the ship and looked at Cameron." So, you got any information like back on Serenity one?" He asked.

Cameron looked at him and paused. He had never been much of a reader outside of movies and comic books, and since being with the Stitchers, he hadn't exactly been able to see every new movie in his world that related science. " Nope, I got nothing, I can't tell you much more. Maybe Sarah knows something about the world," he said. He noticed that Lucifer still hadn't reformed with him and that bothered him, more than he cared to admit. Was he defective? Broken?

Lucifer looked down at a book and shrugged. " It looks like a class system based on the color system," he said, tossing the book back. Anyone who was paying attention could assume that Lucifer knew more, but he wasn't speaking about it. " I will refuse you if we need too, you seem to be able to handle yourself, plus fusing still might kill you," he said.

@Ringmaster @Thuro 116 Pendragon @Cromartie Sarkissian @BarrenThin @Gibbons @Mighty Roman @Temporary Freed Lucifer while Cameron heals
"Sorry-- I know just as little as you do. This planet may set up as some sort of class system... It would explain why the planet was quarantined under the name 'Faction System'...but not why it was quarantined...."

TzWdBTx.png

Jack accepted the cane with a grateful nod. There wasn't a lot to say in response to that, so for once he kept his mouth shut. His mouth tended toget under people's skin, and while that helped a surprising amount in a firefight, it'd be best not to alienate his only ally in this Janus thing.

"Let's go then. When you get to be my age, you ain't got a lot of time to kill." A bit of an exaggeration for a man that was barely pushing fifty, but he told half truths like that without even thinking. Keep the enemy off balance, make them overestimate or underestimate you. It was... kind of sad actually. Jack automatically assumed everyone he met was an enemy. It said a lot about the man and what he'd been through, but the crew of the Serenity II hd bucked that world view somewhat. They were criminals, scum and traitors, but when thrown together they'd become something else.

Eh. Thinking like that was dangerous. Focus on the present. Maybe, if he was lucky and none of the council were magically attuned or defended, he could get a trace on their futures and thus their intentions.
The Meeting Room
The meeting room was similar to the medical room, veiled in a chilling white coat of paint. It was well lit, only contributing to the glare. A long pale table resided in the center of the room, surrounded by six chairs: one at the top of the table, one at the base, two on the left and two on the right. Only the flank seats were filled

"Alec!"
An elderly man cried out from the back left seat. He appeared to be at peace with himself, despite his position, with a head full of graying hair changing with age as opposed to stress
latest
"So glad that you could join us. Please, take a seat..." His brown-gray eyes fell towards Jack "And introduce your friend here"

"Was planning to, David--This is Jack Crichton, formerly known as John Crichton" Janus guided his guest towards the seat at the bottom of the table, taking his place at the top "He's going to be the tide changer"

"HET! HET" Another member cried, situated opposite David. He was of a similar age, but of completely different build. He spoke with a thick Russian accent, throwing a stare that could sour milk as he screamed "The game changer is Smith chip!"
latest
"No, General- Focus your emotion. The blood is simply one piece of one much larger puzzle. Jack is an equally important piece."
latest

"I apologize for him. Please-Take a seat"

(Mobile Post, not a great post sorry)

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: 1 person
"Sorry-- I know just as little as you do. This planet may set up as some sort of class system... It would explain why the planet was quarantined under the name 'Faction System'...but not why it was quarantined...."
Cameron paused and looked at Sarah. " So, we all know nothing about this area expect that it was quaratined for some reason and has the name of a faction system, that isn't much," he said, wishing that he knew for once in his life. Not knowing was very bad indeed.

Lucifer was silent, not responding to their lack of knowledge.

@Cromartie Sarkissian @others

Cameron paused and looked at Sarah. " So, we all know nothing about this area expect that it was quaratined for some reason and has the name of a faction system, that isn't much," he said, wishing that he knew for once in his life. Not knowing was very bad indeed.

Lucifer was silent, not responding to their lack of knowledge.

@Cromartie Sarkissian @others
"I'm not too happy either, but we have to take risks. We need to find this Evelyn woman- where and whoever she is- and find out how and why we were blamed for her supposed death. If she is dead? We find the killer. You understand?" She spat, her temper slipping

"I'm not too happy either, but we have to take risks. We need to find this Evelyn woman- where and whoever she is- and find out how and why we were blamed for her supposed death. If she is dead? We find the killer. You understand?" She spat, her temper slipping
Lucifer paused. " Cameron did not say he did not wish to be engaged in our mission, he is simply pointing out that knowing something is very dangerous. We do not know the first thing about this woman or the place we are in. If we make a misstep, then SPECTRE and the League could be leading us into a trap,one we are not prepared for," he said, quite honestly to Sarah. " Perhaps we should figure out this system and fast," he added, picking up his book again, flipping through it.

@Cromartie Sarkissian @ Night- Omnescienct Lucy messing with people

The Meeting Room
The meeting room was similar to the medical room, veiled in a chilling white coat of paint. It was well lit, only contributing to the glare. A long pale table resided in the center of the room, surrounded by six chairs: one at the top of the table, one at the base, two on the left and two on the right. Only the flank seats were filled

"Alec!"
An elderly man cried out from the back left seat. He appeared to be at peace with himself, despite his position, with a head full of graying hair changing with age as opposed to stress
latest
"So glad that you could join us. Please, take a seat..." His brown-gray eyes fell towards Jack "And introduce your friend here"

"Was planning to, David--This is Jack Crichton, formerly known as John Crichton" Janus guided his guest towards the seat at the bottom of the table, taking his place at the top "He's going to be the tide changer"

"HET! HET" Another member cried, situated opposite David. He was of a similar age, but of completely different build. He spoke with a thick Russian accent, throwing a stare that could sour milk as he screamed "The game changer is Smith chip!"
latest
"No, General- Focus your emotion. The blood is simply one piece of one much larger puzzle. Jack is an equally important piece."
latest

Crichton matched into the room, squinting and wishing he had a pair of shades. What was with these people and the color white? Were they neo-racists?

Listening to their bickering over his role, he held up a hands to try to forestall the coming argument. This was getting out of hand fast... And then just like that the girl promptly had it back in hand.
Crichton's eyes didn't even need to flick down to her lightsaber to see she was a force user. She put off the same quasi-mystical energies that Shaitan did, messing with his ability to trace the future, though comparing the latter to the former was like comparing a spark to a lightning storm.

Reaching out to shake her hand, a custom she might not even understand, he asked in his best easygoing voice. "And what is my role exactly?"

Then, almost too quickly he added, "Do you have any paper I can Trace On?" The frivolous request was just a cover to mask him trying to trace her personal timeline, something that was hindered by her own abilities. Frell. He'd have been shaking hands with Donald Trump over there.

@Cromartie Sarkissian @crappostwow​

Last edited by a moderator:

The Meeting Room

"Alec!"
latest

latest
latest

Battler had followed the group at his own pace, choosing simply to observe rather than talk too much and totally not his RPer being a lazy shit.

"So this piece, this puzzle...What exactly is it? I'd like to help, but when I don't even know what I need to solve..."

@Cromartie Sarkissian @im back bois

Lucifer paused. " Cameron did not say he did not wish to be engaged in our mission, he is simply pointing out that knowing something is very dangerous. We do not know the first thing about this woman or the place we are in. If we make a misstep, then SPECTRE and the League could be leading us into a trap,one we are not prepared for," he said, quite honestly to Sarah. " Perhaps we should figure out this system and fast," he added, picking up his book again, flipping through it.

@Cromartie Sarkissian @ Night- Omnescienct Lucy messing with people
Battler had followed the group at his own pace, choosing simply to observe rather than talk too much and totally not his RPer being a lazy shit.

"So this piece, this puzzle...What exactly is it? I'd like to help, but when I don't even know what I need to solve..."

@Cromartie Sarkissian @im back bois
In the Near Distance
In the near distance- perhaps 2, maybe even 3 miles away- smoke could be seen. It seemed to hang from the clear skies of the wasteland like clothes from a washing line, lingering and swaying in the wind. A closer inspection would reveal a burning space shuttle to be the source of the grey-black clouds, its hull containing a gaping whole within it.
star_destroyer_force_awakens_-_h_-_2015.jpg

Nearby, several surviving crew members-many of which had been lucky enough to eject themselves prior to the ship entering the atmosphere- stood frantically trying to salvage the vessel. Their actions, however, had been to no avail- the cruiser would be reduced to ash in a matter of seconds.

The group were presented with a further choice- contact, and perhaps even aid the surviving crew members, or let the outsiders come to them. Either way, the two groups would most likely be found by the local authorities within minutes- perhaps safety in numbers would be logical, before hiding in the crowds of the local buildings...

Crash Crew
@Minerva as Camilla and Corrin

@Thuro 116 Pendragon as Sans the Skelton

Crichton matched into the room, squinting and wishing he had a pair of shades. What was with these people and the color white? Were they neo-racists?

Listening to their bickering over his role, he held up a hands to try to forestall the coming argument. This was getting out of hand fast... And then just like that the girl promptly had it back in hand.
Crichton's eyes didn't even need to flick down to her lightsaber to see she was a force user. She put off the same quasi-mystical energies that Shaitan did, messing with his ability to trace the future, though comparing the latter to the former was like comparing a spark to a lightning storm.

Reaching out to shake her hand, a custom she might not even understand, he asked in his best easygoing voice. "And what is my role exactly?"

Then, almost too quickly he added, "Do you have any paper I can Trace On?" The frivolous request was just a cover to mask him trying to trace her personal timeline, something that was hindered by her own abilities. Frell. He'd have been shaking hands with Donald Trump over there.

@Cromartie Sarkissian @crappostwow​
"You, Crichton, are, or at least, you were, are eyes on the outside. Your actions directly spited SPECTRE, even going as far as to eradicate one of their high council's chief sponsors. You possess skills and knowledge none of us have-- we need you to teach us how to overcome this new foe"
The Jedi Master clearly had a lot of faith in the former crew member's abilities, usefulness and general potential. He may have been a security risk- the first outsider to enter their Matrix Headquarters in years- yet he was also a calculated one--- the Force had guided him to her
"Yet..." She paused, letting her instincts drive her insensitivity "I sense much unease in you"

David interjected "I believe, Master Shan, that such feelings may be a result of the lack of introductions--" He adjusted his cufflinks and continued "My name is David Daniels, former head of the Chicago Faction System Experiment and Head of the Bureau of Genetic Welfare. These are my colleagues- General Shiro White, of the Red Ribbon Army" He raised an extended index finger towards the greying Russian "You are already acquainted with Agent Alec Trevelyan, the founder of this council" Janus grinned, raising his fingers to his forehead and bringing them away in a motion of welcoming "And Master Sate Shan of the Jedi Council of Tython"
latest

"And, of course, myself"

Agent Smith pushed his way through the pristine doors of the meeting room, taking his seat next to Shan. He appear to a different man to the one who had terrorized the Kyln, seeming younger in both body and spirit. He no longer wore an earpiece, and his old black glasses had already been discarded back at the prison-- he was difficult to recognize
"Mr.Crichton" He mumbled, maintaining his usual straight face "What a pleasure it is to see you again...of course, we never spoke back at the Kyln, yet I was there none the less....keeping an eye on you..."

"Forgive us, Smith" The Jedi Master replied "We had no idea that you would be joining us today"

"I had a change of plan, Master Shan-- the Blood Sample analysis was completed mere moments ago"

"So it can be replicated?"

"Correct"

"Ah" David sighed, his eyes returning to Jack "We are keeping out guest in the dark!" His voice carried an uneasy joy, the sensation weighing down each breath- it was such an unusual feeling "Now, Mr.Crichton-- forgive me for the length of our story, but every word is necessary--

60 years ago today, a war broke out among the greatest scientific body in the Multiverse, C.L.E.A.N.S.L.A.T.E.---A Civil War, so to say. The group was under my authority at the time, as much as I hate to admit, and held to prime directive to remove all above-human power from the Multiverse--To create a true Clean Slate for reality. There would be no more Time Wars, no more Battling Between Gods, no more duels between Dragons--- all beings would be returned to truly equal standards

I believed the course to be noble at the time...yet by view point had been skewed- I did not notice the water until it was round my waste, so to speak. Many of our sponsors wished to use the coming equality to wage the ultimate war- they planed to from the ultimate technological armada to purge the multiverse for all it was worth, with no life form strong enough to oppose it...

I did not know what to believe from that point onward-- only that I had to continue my work. Yet, too many distractions arose back in Chicago- revolution after revolution- other universes wished to offer aid. Thus, I was forced to quarantine the world with C.L.E.A.N.S.L.A.T.E. funds...

My sponsors believed that I was no longer fit to lead, turning my own prodigy against me-- Jeremy Briggs. A remarkable child with a remarkable mind-- yet one that lacked empathy. He lead the Civil War that removed me from power... Granting my sponsors full control over the organization. Some of my loyalists fled to the Outer Rim with me, others stayed as spies...all of which reported the one thing I had feared the most

The Sponsors had decided to call themselves SPECTRE, the Special Executive for Counter Intelligence, Revenge, Terrorism and Extortion-- and planed to complete all such directives using my research. The project neared completion-- they only required the unique chemical composite T8IU09 to complete their solution-- a chemical formed when Midiclorians are combined with Mirakuru and other such super chemicals-- a byproduct of dark science

I knew I had to stop them- to save my research and to prevent total devastation...yet my Loyalist were nowhere near strong enough to remove them from power- and they had eyes everywhere..."

"Which is where I came in" Trevelyan interjected "I used my control over JANUS- which back them was simply an arms retailer- to support David's Loyalists, giving them a place to hide. In return, Mr.Daniels and his men helped redesign some of my equipment, increasing both our business and our income. Slowly but surely, we reached out in secret to the Jedi- to prevent SPECTRE from gaining control over any Midiclorians. We ended up forming a safe organization....The True Goal of Janus"

"Agent Smith defected from SPECTRE shortly before you arrived- bringing with him SPECTRE's only source of Midiclorians in the form of Shiatan's blood. We finally had a bargaining chip- a chemical that SPECTRE knew they needed, and knew was the real deal. Using Smith's intel, we discovered so much about their plan with the Serenity, with you, and how they plan to acquire their final ingredients-"

"In short, we have dem by de balls, da????"

"Quite-- both your friends, and SPECTRE's army, are arriving on my old science kit, the Faction Sytem" He spoke of the coming attack without any signs of stress of aggravation- it was a little concern of his. He passed Jack a napkin for his doodling, alongside a silver ball point pen "But for as long as we have control over the midiclorian supply, SPECTRE cannot win, and we hope to keep it that way. They cannot enter our base, either- as long as we keep the rest of the Jedi inside the Matrix, we can simply wait out this war, or with you help, bargain with them"

@Thuro 116 Pendragon

(Mobile Post)

• Love
In the Near Distance
In the near distance- perhaps 2, maybe even 3 miles away- smoke could be seen. It seemed to hang from the clear skies of the wasteland like clothes from a washing line, lingering and swaying in the wind. A closer inspection would reveal a burning space shuttle to be the source of the grey-black clouds, its hull containing a gaping whole within it.

Nearby, several surviving crew members-many of which had been lucky enough to eject themselves prior to the ship entering the atmosphere- stood frantically trying to salvage the vessel. Their actions, however, had been to no avail- the cruiser would be reduced to ash in a matter of seconds.

The group were presented with a further choice- contact, and perhaps even aid the surviving crew members, or let the outsiders come to them. Either way, the two groups would most likely be found by the local authorities within minutes- perhaps safety in numbers would be logical, before hiding in the crowds of the local buildings...

Crash Crew

In the distance the group would see a mysterious figure walking towards, wrapped in shadow and awe. His very aura exuded power and terror, like a force of nature trapped inside a metal coil. Closer and closer he walked, the front beneath him shaking with every step.

And then the true face of power was revealed.

tumblr_nvm8jl6PI71rjfwgto1_1443827649_cover.png

Turns out the true face of power is a midget skeleton.

"Boy am I glad to see you guys. For a second there I thought we were..."

08ba8fcea081516.png

"... Boned."

@Minerva @LuckycoolHawk9 @Cromartie Sarkissian

In the Near Distance

Crash Crew

In the distance the group would see a mysterious figure walking towards, wrapped in shadow and awe. His very aura exuded power and terror, like a force of nature trapped inside a metal coil. Closer and closer he walked, the front beneath him shaking with every step.

And then the true face of power was revealed.

tumblr_nvm8jl6PI71rjfwgto1_1443827649_cover.png

Turns out the true face of power is a midget skeleton.

"Boy am I glad to see you guys. For a second there I thought we were..."

08ba8fcea081516.png

"... Boned."

@Minerva @LuckycoolHawk9 @Cromartie Sarkissian
qBCRvql.png

Corrin sat crouched on the ground. She grabbed her head in both hands, making it looks like she was in crash position. "Oww..." She groaned. "My head hurts..." She began rubbing her temples to clear the pain away. The look on her face was pained. The crash impact of ejection still hurt

latest

Camilla sat down next to her. "Oh, my poor, darling, sister! I'll protect you!" Camilla said in a pitying tone. She stood over Corrin, holding an axe in her hands.

"No, Camilla, I'm fine." Corrin said standing up. "Let's just get going, we'll find some help eventually." She brushed some dirt off of her armor, and began to follow Sans. The group approaching them would see two more figures standing behind Sans. Corrin glanced at the approaching party and at Sans. She put her hands on the Yato. "Are you here to help?" She asked. "If so, thank the gods!"

@Cromatie Sarkissian @Thuro 116 Pendragon @LuckycoolHawk9 @Whoever is around

Lucifer paused as he saw the ship crash in the district. He really wished the idiots were more observant,he was trying to help them with the book, but he gave up and tossed it back. " Well, it looks like we can choose to help those who crashed," he stated mostly to himself.

Cameron paused and considered his options. " It might be better if we went and helped those who crashed, safety in numbers," he said, walking off to it. Lucifer followed him and it seemed Quill did too, he still didn't know what the man had did to make him follow him like a lost puppy.

Quill was silent as he followed, mostly against his will as Lucifer's charm speak was still under his influence. He was screaming in his mind, he just wanted to escape and go with his team, but he couldn't do that now. " Do you need help?" He asked the crashed crew. He hated that those words weren't his own.

@Minerva @Thuro 116 Pendragon @Cromartie Sarkissian

Listening to the long story, he has just one thought throughout, a thought he expressed the moment it was clear he could speak. "You can't ever stop the time wars."

More went into that statement than they could ever know or guess at.

"Sounds like you got it in hand, but take it from my experience, every time you 'got them by the balls', that's when the obligatory plot twist happens." Man, if he'd ever told one truth in his life, that'd be it. "Besides? What about Shaitan or latent force sensitives? I don't wanna be cynical..." Even if a clean slate was his dream, "...but containing such a widespread genetic anomaly would be next to impossible, least from what I've seen."

Crichton was silent for a moment, then spoke up again. "It doesn't really matter, does it? Nothing in hell we can do about it either way."

While he talked, Jack scribbled absentmindedly on his napkin. While the paper was torn a little from the abuse of the pen, it was possible make out two definite things written on it.

The first was:
Mirakuru + Jedi Blood = Bad

The second appeared to be part of a complex formula for wormhole travel across time and space.

"So, you got a backup plan to drive them back? Bargaining, if it works, is short term. In the long run they're going to frell us over.

~~~~

Sans plopped down in exhaustion. Walking was hard work.
Do you need help?"

tumblr_inline_nxw0rxSc8b1tsx2r0_540.png

"Yeah buddy. Can I get a hand up? "

@Cromartie Sarkissian @The Silver Paladin @LuckycoolHawk9

• Love
qBCRvql.png

Corrin sat crouched on the ground. She grabbed her head in both hands, making it looks like she was in crash position. "Oww..." She groaned. "My head hurts..." She began rubbing her temples to clear the pain away. The look on her face was pained. The crash impact of ejection still hurt

latest

Camilla sat down next to her. "Oh, my poor, darling, sister! I'll protect you!" Camilla said in a pitying tone. She stood over Corrin, holding an axe in her hands.

"No, Camilla, I'm fine." Corrin said standing up. "Let's just get going, we'll find some help eventually." She brushed some dirt off of her armor, and began to follow Sans. The group approaching them would see two more figures standing behind Sans. Corrin glanced at the approaching party and at Sans. She put her hands on the Yato. "Are you here to help?" She asked. "If so, thank the gods!"

@Cromatie Sarkissian @Thuro 116 Pendragon @LuckycoolHawk9 @Whoever is around
Lucifer paused as he saw the ship crash in the district. He really wished the idiots were more observant,he was trying to help them with the book, but he gave up and tossed it back. " Well, it looks like we can choose to help those who crashed," he stated mostly to himself.

Cameron paused and considered his options. " It might be better if we went and helped those who crashed, safety in numbers," he said, walking off to it. Lucifer followed him and it seemed Quill did too, he still didn't know what the man had did to make him follow him like a lost puppy.

Quill was silent as he followed, mostly against his will as Lucifer's charm speak was still under his influence. He was screaming in his mind, he just wanted to escape and go with his team, but he couldn't do that now. " Do you need help?" He asked the crashed crew. He hated that those words weren't his own.

@Minerva @Thuro 116 Pendragon @Cromartie Sarkissian
Three large trucks burst through the city gate, churning up the remaining patches of grass along the city's entrance. They were well armored, their hulls originating from some sort of titanium alloy hardened and tainted with rust. The first trunk paused upon reaching the first group, drifting slightly, and coming to a halt. The second and third vehicles seemed to swoop wide around the crew, meeting on opposing flanks-- the Second Serenity were being herded like cattle at a rodeo.

Leaning out from the window of the first trunk was man no older than 28, his face fresh and his hair saved into a Mohawk. He wore a black arm band on his right shoulder, depicting a white circle encasing nothingness-- no faction, no symbol, no pride.
latest

A blaster hung from this arm, dangling over the side of the vehicle. The grey plastic-metal device would slowly raise itself until it stood parallel to Corrin's face, an energy bullet crackling in its chamber

"Darrin! Macov!- Form a perimeter around the ship" He cried, lunging out of the door. "Flush out anyone inside, and shoot to kill- Evelyn does not need 'em all alive for...interrogation. The rest of you can round up these creep, sedate them if you have to" 12 more men leaped from the back of the respective vans, following Edgar's orders to the letter. The formed an oval around the crew, 2 meters between each man, the trucks filling in any gaps. They too raised their weapons, all of which seemed to be variants of the gun their leader held. They began to advance inwards
Listening to the long story, he has just one thought throughout, a thought he expressed the moment it was clear he could speak. "You can't ever stop the time wars."

"Certainly not yet...certainly not now...but if we can acquire the Clean-slate Antidote, the day may not be far off...That matters at hand must be dealt with first, however"

"Sounds like you got it in hand, but take it from my experience, every time you 'got them by the balls', that's when the obligatory plot twist happens." Man, if he'd ever told one truth in his life, that'd be it. "Besides? What about Shaitan or latent force sensitives? I don't wanna be cynical..." Even if a clean slate was his dream, "...but containing such a widespread genetic anomaly would be next to impossible, least from what I've seen."

Crichton was silent for a moment, then spoke up again. "It doesn't really matter, does it? Nothing in hell we can do about it either way."
"Containing the Jedi was far easier than we first anticipated, Crichton" Sate murmured, placing her joined hands onto her lap
latest
"Upon the arrival of Agent Smith, David was able to study the code make-up of his very being. From there, using a variation of the Gallifreyan 'Statis Cubes', we were able to transport the entirety of Tython into a makeshift Matrix. Once the Jedi vanished under suspicious circumstances, SPECTRE, according to the Agent, out ruled the event a genocide, or a natural disaster of sorts"

"Dark aligned Midi-clorians" Smith interjected, breathing deeply "As I recall, work...differently, to that of the Jedi...they are more hostile...harder to manipulate. Only neutral or light aligned midi-clorians of a certain ratio will will suffice-- our scientific advisers confirmed it time and time again. With the 90% of force users working alongside either the Jedi or Sith, approximately 8.9% of the remaining carrying too weak of a ratio, only 1.1% of the remaining neutral force sensitives will provide any use to SPECTRE, many of which are undiscovered"

"Yet" The Jedi Master made a gesture with her left hand, pushing her outstretched palm across the table like a sail "Tracking down the remaining sensitives should be a priority--"

"Da!! My men will handle such a triiiviallll task!!"

Shiro's rambling simply confirmed the Alec's beliefs regarding the councils vote to let the General Join--- they wanted him for his resources, not his mind, and certainly not his personality

While he talked, Jack scribbled absentmindedly on his napkin. While the paper was torn a little from the abuse of the pen, it was possible make out two definite things written on it.

The first was:
Mirakuru + Jedi Blood = Bad

The second appeared to be part of a complex formula for wormhole travel across time and space.

"So, you got a backup plan to drive them back? Bargaining, if it works, is short term. In the long run they're going to frell us over.

The Council of JANUS remained silent for a moment, while all present seemed to contemplate life, the universe and everything, alongside any back up plans they may have failed to discuss

Nothing came to mind

Of course, General White was one of the leaders of the Red Ribbon Army, however he was not the leader ; if they wished to use his forces in an all out war against SPECTRE, they would have to first address the equally stubborn, equally brash and equally stupid council of the Red Ribbon. Such bargains would take decades, if not centuries to complete...and the promises they would have to make

David had forces too, both in Chicago and within his loyalist. They would probably be strong enough to hold their own against SPECTRE forces that planned to attack the faction system, but the loses would be great...If Mr.Daniels would be allowed to 'Cut loose', however, unleashing enough of his "Serums" to turn the skies to gold, they could truly fight their foe head on...

For perhaps a week, if they were lucky

CLEANSLATE out manned and out gunned his loyalists to extreme levels; by the time they could produce a formula to eradicate even a fraction of their next invading force, Gero and Davros would have created an antidote, an improved model, and a new element-- both men were far smarter than he was, 20 fold each, not to include the millions upon millions of other scientists they had at their disposal compared to his precious few. David knew this...and feared this...

Smith stood as nothing more than an informant- outside of the Matrix, his 'mortal' form was nothing more than a martial artist; a marital artist strong enough to match Hit's strength, but a martial artist none the less. He too would be unable to take down a battle cruiser, especially without Ki- infiltration, however...

At this point in time, their best bet was Janus' criminal links, security forces/private army and weaponry

"My Jedi..." Shan muttered, breaking through her long, meditative silence "One Jedi can be enough to shift any war, if the force wills it. We currently have hundreds of Jedi training on Tython, alongside several battalions of Republic volunteers. We may not have been able to defeat the Empire in our last war, yet this time, if we combine out forces, we may be able to hold SPECTRE at bay while you initiate further plans-- perhaps even rendezvous with other allies...yet such a plan garanteers the loss of our advantage...SPECTRE will find the blood they search for...."

And with that, Shan retunred to her meditation, searching her thoughts for a greater solution-- in short, the council were starved of a solution...

• Love
Three large trucks burst through the city gate, churning up the remaining patches of grass along the city's entrance. They were well armored, their hulls originating from some sort of titanium alloy hardened and tainted with rust. The first trunk paused upon reaching the first group, drifting slightly, and coming to a halt. The second and third vehicles seemed to swoop wide around the crew, meeting on opposing flanks-- the Second Serenity were being herded like cattle at a rodeo.

Leaning out from the window of the first trunk was man no older than 28, his face fresh and his hair saved into a Mohawk. He wore a black arm band on his right shoulder, depicting a white circle encasing nothingness-- no faction, no symbol, no pride.
latest

A blaster hung from this arm, dangling over the side of the vehicle. The grey plastic-metal device would slowly raise itself until it stood parallel to Corrin's face, an energy bullet crackling in its chamber

"Darrin! Macov!- Form a perimeter around the ship" He cried, lunging out of the door. "Flush out anyone inside, and shoot to kill- Evelyn does not need 'em all alive for...interrogation. The rest of you can round up these creep, sedate them if you have to" 12 more men leaped from the back of the respective vans, following Edgar's orders to the letter. The formed an oval around the crew, 2 meters between each man, the trucks filling in any gaps. They too raised their weapons, all of which seemed to be variants of the gun their leader held. They began to advance inwards
"H-hey! What the? Can't we talk this out?" Corrin would say when the gun was shoved into her face. "We don't have to fight!" Corrin's hand reached for her sword as a form of instinct and self-defense. "We don't have to do this!"

Meanwhile, Camilla would notice a gun being pointed at her sister. She grabbed her axe and stepped forward. "My darling, beloved sister, I will protect you!" She said to herself.

latest

She glanced angrily towards the person holding the gun at her sister. "Get away from her, You Dastard!" She shouted.

@Oh, boy. @I'm not ready for what will happen next...

latest

Lucifer sighed. Sometimes he hated it when people came to the party, especially when they arrived to try to capture him. He had already been in prison and didn't have a plan of going back there. He debated what he could say to them and saw they were being cattled, well, what do you know? It was a trap, that came to no shock to dear old Lucifer. " Well, this is certain to be fun, these people have brought guns to a fight against me. I feel like I have seen that before," he said, as he looked at the blaster wit zero fear.

On the other spectrum from completely calm Lucifer, Cameron was breathing heavily in and out. He was going to die here, wasn't he? What could he do now? He didn't have the Devil in him ( boy that sounded wrong) and he was away from the rest of the group. "Can we talk this out?" He asked.

tumblr_o2zdk32Htq1s664seo2_500.gif

Lucifer decided now was the time to turn on his demon form and he was curious how these mortals were going to react to this. He hoped that it was negative since it wasn't every day he could do that either. He was very silent.

Unlike Lucifer who was calm or Cameron who was sniveling like a little baby, Quill had taken a different approach then either of them. He had pulled out his own blaster and pointed it in turn on them. " I wouldn't point my gun on them, unless you want your own hands blown off, we aren't your typical crash victims, but it is your funeral and you can die if you want too," he added, before he decided to shoot off a warning shot followed by multiple actual ones. He wasn't planning on being killed, he wanted to get back to his team. He wanted to finish this mess and wished that he had taken that fleet ship and went back to them. Hopefully, Lucifer wasn't all talk and brought something to the table.

@Minerva @Thuro 116 Pendragon @Cromartie Sarkissian @others like @Ringmaster @BarrenThin @Mighty Roman @Gibbons @Kaykay @CookieMonster @T.O.M.

latest

In the mind of the surrounded, came a mental urge to drop to the ground, now. Shaitan?

And then a voice, long since dead echoed suddenly everywhere.

"Lets Play!"

Followed by the trucks exploding. Each one set with charges deposited by an alien with a cloaking field and while distracted by the circle. Far off, Kiande howled with laughter as his plasmacaster tracked and sniped away those enemies who still stood in the aftermath of the explosion shrapnel.

It wasn't nearly as fun as up close combat, but someone had to be on a roof and monitor radio channels. Down below, a dark blur ran into position.

Armed with a lightsaber.

Shaitan darted in the midst of chaos, fully armored and where he struck, he struck to kill. He was looking to take no prisoners here. He had a good rest, came to terms with what he thought bothered him concerning Sarah and was feeling much like his old self again.

@Cromartie Sarkissian

latest

"Guess there's no talking around this..." Battler muttered. If they were going to shoot to kill, chances were they weren't going to hear out anything that they had to say. Reluctantly, he held his right arm out, a golden sword materializing into his grasp. Teleporting behind one of the men, he aimed to knock him out with the hilt of the sword before setting up his Endless Nine barrier.

@Cromartie Sarkissian @Ringmaster @Minerva @LuckycoolHawk9

River was confused. She didn't feel like something was right, like she had missed a big part of the action. The last thing she remembered was the ship.. the light bulbs. Oh! She had to tell them!

She sat up, finding that she was on the cold, hard metal of the floor. Looking around, she was confused. Images seemed to blur and distort around her, probably connected to her memory loss. "What.. happened..?" She managed to say, opening her eyes and then closing them in an attempt to clear the fog. She reached out her hands to try and touch something, but she couldn't feel anything, only air. "Is.. is someone there?" She asked, tilting her head even though she couldn't see.

Status
Not open for further replies.