Secrets of the Night.

Esperanza shifted her weight on Masa's chest, placing one knee on each shoulder, that should hold her arms down, especially considering that one was damaged from being dislocated. She continued to hold her knife to Masa's throat.
"Now, since we arent supposed to be killing eachother, how would you like to go about this, considering both youre arms are pinned, your leg is damaged, and so is your sword arm?"
Esperanza was sitting up straight, just in case Masa got past the knife and tried to headbutt her.

Masa cringed as the blade went into her calf, and again as Esperanza pulled it out. She kept a tight grip on her sword, but the fall back dislocated her shoulder again. "I still have my other leg..." Masa said, then smirked. She was flexible, more so than she looked. And she was strong. She kicked the back of Esperanza's head, knocking her forward and off her, although her blade cut her neck a bit. Masa rolled over onto her stomach and stood up, her leg starting to feel like dead weight. She resisted the urge to pull her blade out on her, knowing that she wouldn't be able to stop herself then.

"Masa that's enough." She said softly, the tension of blood lust was starting to fill the air. Sword still in hand she jumped over the railing to land on the balls of her feet. "Go inside and bandage up, I don't need you two in pieces. We have a job to do tonight." Talea's voice demanded obedience, she walked over to lift Esperanza to her feet, "You did well go shower, and rest for now. It wont be long before we have to leave. Besides Elizabeth doesn't need to be seeing us fight like rabid dogs." With those words she turned to stride back to the house, they were going to be at each others' throats. That made her uneasy. Talea needed them to work together, and maybe it was wrong to let them duel so quickly. Soon as she entered she went straight for her globe, looping her sword onto her back. She opened the sphere, grabbing a fresh glass. Talea poured her a glass of the liquid, bringing it to her lips she sipped at the substance. It always calmed her nerves, the fight clearly had set her on edge.

Esperanza took Talea's hand, grateful for the help up. Boy could that woman kick. She rubbed the back of her head as she walked into the house and down the hall to her room. Esperanza stripped off her shirt and noticed that Masa had indeed left a large black bruise oh her stomach. "Well, F*me, that's gonna hurt in a while. I cant believe that hit landed that well." She took a quick shower, changed, and went out into the living room. Esperanza did not want to be crammed in the hallway with Masa when she came out of her room.

When she entered the living room, she saw Talea drinking her liquor and looking obviously upset. She stepped into Talea's peripheral vision before speaking so as not to startle her.
"Hey, are you doing okay?"

Talea looked up steadily, her brows furrowing. Had her emotions betrayed her so easily? Shrugging her shoulders lazily, "Remind me of myself when I was younger. So anxious, always wanting a fight. This could have killed you Esperanza.....Masa is dangerous....sometimes more so than I. Tread lightly you could have pissed her off. Your the first to lay a hand on her other than me, she will either congratulate you or kill you." She made it statement, she lifted the glass to her lips. Her gaze peering over at the crystal at her, before deciding to speak. "You have a nag for making people get attached to you...I'd use it to your advantage." A small smile crept on her lips, Talea hated to admit she was already fond of her.

Hopefully in time she could win Masa over as well, or at least gain some trust. "Elizabeth will be arriving shortly, you are my niece. Keep it at that." Talea said while slowly twirling the glass idly.

"It's not really that I want to fight, it's that this life is the jungle, and if I dont prove myself to the other predators, I'll get killed by them. That's what all of this is, one big nasty jungle. I know that with my attitude I'm lucky to be alive as long as I have been. And, if I were to get killed, I'd rather it be by someone like Masa, rather than a freak accident during a job." Esperanza looked solemnly at Talea.
"Thank you though." Esperanza really did look in that moment just like anyother young woman, lost, and yet determined to make something of herself, anyway she knew how.

Talea strode over to lightly pat her shoulder, "Even in jungles the predators fear something else. They even hold respect for the other predators. Esperanza tonight you'll be Masa's back up, you will protect her while she gets through the vault. We need those files, can you handle that?" She asked quietly, however, it seemed pointless. Masa could probably hear her, but would she refuse the help was the real question in Talea's mind. Her lashes fluttered to remove all thoughts from her mind, she wanted to see her eyes. Could their be trust in their depths?

Masa limped inside, her leg feeling numb now and her shoulder killing her. She flopped down on to the couch in the living room, her katana laying in the hallway. She was never good with patching herself up, and she didn't think Talea was in the mood. So she just laid there, her bad leg hanging off the side of the couch. She rubbed her head, wondering what to do now. Do it herself? No. For one, she didn't feel like it, and for another, she wasn't good at it in the first place.

"Talea...Will you help me or are you too drunk to do anything?" Masa called from the living room with a little bit of a whiny voice.

Talea looked away from Esperanza, not even waiting for her to reply. She walked slowly into the living room, "Are you calling me a alcoholic?" Her voice teased at her, "If so you can first aid your damn self." She walked over to her, sitting her glass on the table. Before kneeling beside Masa, one hand sliding up her dislocated shoulder. "Look at the pretty picture." She said while nodding towards the wall, knowing good and damn well she probably wouldn't look. Instead she simply braced herself and jerk Masa's arm till she heard the loud disgusting pop. Bone grinding back into its original position, that noise always made her sick. "Do you need stitches Masa?" She asked curiously.

"Talea," Esperanza said following her out into the room where Masa sat, "just because I chose to prove myself to a better predator, does not mean that I dont respect her. I respect that she is dangerous, I respect what she could do to me. And if I had been the one laying there bleeding, I would have respected her ability and what her decision about the outcome would be. Yes, I have no problem being her back up, I will protect her better than I would protect myself. I swear that you dont have to worry about that. even if she doesn't want me to."

Masa slammed her fist on the back of the couch. "F* that hurt..." She hissed through her teeth. She looked up at the ceiling. "I don't know if I need stiches or not..." She said, not looking at Talea or Esperanza. "Go ahead and check though..." She sighed. Masa listened to what Esperanza said, and sighed again. "Do as you wish..." She muttered.

Esperanza looked over at Masa, and in a matter-of-fact tone, with no malice or sarcasm. "You're gonna need stitches, the blade's are six inches long, and I put it all the way into your leg."

Talea stood, a giggle resonating from he throat. Poor Masa lay broken on the couch, "Ill get the kit, and umm....Take your pants off." She wiggled her nose, this is going to be just great. Hopefully Masa was wearing underwear, she snickered once more before disappearing down the hall. Finding the hall closet she threw open the door, pulling out a small metal box. Not bothering to shutting the door she headed back to the living room. Waiting patiently for Masa to strip.

Masa glared at her when she got back. "No. F***ing. Way." She said, glaring harder at her. Masa always wore some tight, thin and comfortable shorts underneath her pants, but she wasn't about to just take her pants off like that. She crossed her arms and looked between Esperanza and Talea.

Esperanza giggled softly. "I'll just leave the room then, just so you can get your leg stitched up." Esperanza smiled at Masa and turned, walking out of the room and back into the kitchen to survey what kind of things she could make for dinner that night.

Talea held the metal box, while tapping her foot impatiently. "Okay Masa you have two options you either take them off willingly, or I'll stitch them permanently to your leg. Either way its your choice." She spoke while smiling sweetly, deep in her mind she wanted to call her a big oh sissy. However, she kept her mouth shut and waited. A small clicking noise echoed into the room, her nails tapping against metal. Tilting her head she looked at Esperanza wondering if she found this as amusing as she did.

Esperanza really did find Talea and Masa arguing to be quite funny. She wondered how long they'd been friends to be so comfortable with eachother, sort of. She just stood there in the kitchen surveying the cabinets and called out into the living room, a note of humor in her voice.

"OLD MARRIED COUPLE!!!"

Masa almost blurted out 'Are you a f***ing mad man?!' but decided against that completely. Talea just may stitch her pants to her leg... or worse. With great displeasure, Masa stood up and slipped her pants off. It was difficult because of her leg feeling dead now. She flopped back down on the couch and turned her face away from Talea. She was wearing pure black, thin and stretchy shorts that she wore to cover up her underwear.

Talea burst out laughing, "Lord Masa I'd hate for you to look so vulnerable." She spoke while clasping the metal box in one hand and her still somewhat full glass of alcohol. Walking over to kneel beside her, she lifted the glass over her leg and tilted it. Letting it pour onto her leg and into the sliced flesh, "Makes wonderful disinfectant..." She wore a evil smirk, playing the box onto the floor. Talea opened it pulling out a needle and stitch thread, lacing it carefully she set to work. Stabbing at the edges of Masa's flesh, pulling each stitch into place. She had to repeat this about ten times before satisfied, "Good as new you sissy." Talea said before standing.

Esperanza leaned her head out of the kitchen with her eyes closed and smiling. "Can I come out of the corner yet? Is Masa decent?"