Secrets of the Night.

"Ha, ha. Very funny..." She muttered. Masa cringed at the alcohol being poured into her cut. She didn't react so much when the actual stitches were being sown into her. "Hmph..." Is all she did when Talea was finished. Masa sometimes wondered how they became friends, forgetting it in times like this. Hard thing to forget, but she did anyway. Was it the fight...or something else that she couldn't remember right now.

((hey guys imma go to sleep not feeling to well ill post tomorrow))

((Okies, get better, we will miss you))

Esperanza found some steaks in the freezer and decided that this would be a good item for dinner. Talea did say she wanted breakfast and dinner, no problem. there was some redwine in the fridge that looked as if it hadnt been touched for a while. Esperanza opened it and checked the contents, still good. She put the steaks in a bowl with the redwine and some spices, covering the dish she set it in the fridge to thaw out and marinate. When she finished making the preparations for dinner she walked back out into the living room and sat in a chair to the side of Masa. She didnt say anything, and made no comment about the stitches or the shorts.

Talea looked over at Esperanza when she entered, "Do you want to hear a story?" She said softly before nodding at Masa. "Its about yours truly." A giggle slept from her lips. She was sure Esperanza was wondering how they met, it was a funny story indeed. Though Talea rarely talked about it, and neither did Masa. In every funny story there is at least one sad part in every novel.

Masa looked between Esperanza and Talea. She didn't like feeling vulnerable like this, and wanted her pants back on already. "Really? You want to tell her that story?" Masa moaned. Her lack of sleep was catching up with her again. She would be acting like a little kid from being overly tired soon.

"I would love to hear a story, they're the best part of life." Esperanza's smile was girlish as she looked between Masa and Talea and curled farther in the chair. She could see Masa was not happy about this, and wasnt quite sure why, other than Masa just didnt like her.

Masa pulled the blanket that laid on the couch over her. It was better than nothing. She didn't want to put on bloody pants, or have Talea or Esperanza search her room for something else for her to wear. "So, are you going to start then, Talea?" Masa asked, closing her eyes as she laid her head back on the arm rest.

Talea slipped backwards to sit on her bottom, stretching her legs across the carpet. Looking up to let her gaze focus on Esperanza, "You see it was about five years ago. I was twenty then, I had been about three months of my daughter Amberlin. You see there was this family, that were everything I wasn't. They wanted a child really bad....." She paused for a few scant seconds before speaking again, "So allowed them to adopt my child. Well I stopped seeing her completely to insure her safety. Sending money from a anonymous account, well one of my enemies found out. I decided I would kill him before he could hurt Amberlin. Though when I arrived I didn't expect to find Masa on the same mission, but she was contracted. I didn't know that." Talea looked over at Masa with a small smile, "I attacked her. It was a brutal fight. I didn't expect the little B...... to be so difficult. Anyway at the end I walked away with a broken nose. Several stab wounds." She said while lifting her arm to show a large scar that circled her arm. "Needless to say we made amends, and she allowed me to kill the S.O.B, she got paid. Now she is living here, and helps make sure my little princess stay safe." Talea leaned back lazily on her elbows, watching Esperanza intently. Wanting to see her reaction.

Esperanza listened to the story, a sad look in her eyes.
"Wow, so you have a daughter, and you and Masa protect her. I wish my family had done for me what you did for her. You gave her the chance to be safe, the chance at a life, a real life." Esperanza smiled sadly at Talea, breaking her strong composure for only a second before she shut down. "That's actually a really great story about friends. See, Masa, nothing to be embarassed about."

"That wasn't what I was embarrassed about..." She muttered. "I don't mind helping Talea protect her daughter either." Masa said more clearly. "She's one of the few kids that don't get on my nerves." She smiled when a memory came back to her. "I remember you were also one of the people that thought I was a man at first." She said, smiling a bit at the memory. The look on her face when she found out otherwise was priceless for her. "I was around...20 back then? I've lost track of my age so I don't know anymore." She shrugged. "I'll never have kids either. It would be too much of a hassle anyway."

"Wow, Masa the humanitarian. I dont know, I think you'd be a great mother, if you liked kids. At least no one would ever screw with them."

Esperanza leaned back in the chair and stared out the window. What a wonderfully clear day it was, geeze she couldn't wait to get out of the house again. She looked at her watch, it was almost time for Elizabeth to get there.

Talea tilted her head to one side before pushing herself to her feet, "I got a picture." She walked over to her file cabinet, opening the top drawer she reached in. After a few scant seconds she removed a photo, "This one was very recent. Her parents send me pictures. She turned five, two months ago. You haven't even seen this picture of her yet Masa." She said in a cheerful note. Reaching out she handed the picture to Esperanza first.
anime-child.jpg
Talea loved her daughter dearly, it clearly showing on her face. Though sometimes she did regret giving her up, but Amberlin would of had no life at all staying here. Her life would always be in danger, and Talea couldn't have that in her mind.

"She's beautiful, Talea. She looks so much like you, and I can see how much you love her. I hope to be able to have that one day." Esperanza smiled warmly handing the picture back to Talea. She really did wish that she had been given the chance at a different life, just like Talea did for her daughter.

"Hey, Talea, if the three of us can become friends, I'll help make sure nothing happens to her. Hell, I just might anyway."

Talea looked over at her with a bright smile. She was about to respond before she heard someone jiggling the door knob. Looking over her shoulder she saw Elizabeth enter. The woman was about ten years older then Talea, but her eyes held so much knowledge. "Morning Elizabeth." Talea said in a small whisper. The older woman jumped, "Oh Miss Talea, Miss Masa, and Miss........" Her voice trailed off seeing the new girl, but she did not bother to ask. If they girl wanted her name known she would tell her. Elizabeth came back from her thoughts, "I didn't expect to see you ladies here. If I knew you wanted a day off. I wouldn't have came." She finished before, laying down her bag of cleaners. "None sense Elizabeth, you can still clean with us here. We surely wont bother you." Talea smiled over at her, but she knew the woman feared them. Though Elizabeth kept their secrets, her high pay day depended on it. Even here very life, Elizabeth shook her head quickly. Turning on her heel, she exited the room. Leaving her cleaners behind, "Elizabeth....You forgot your bag." Talea yelled behind her, knowing deep down they spooked her. Elizabeth rush out grabbing her bag before rushing back out of sight.

Masa was about to greet Elizabeth for once, but she soon drifted off to sleep. Not sleeping for over 24 hours had finally caught up with her. Plus the couch was just too comfy that she was just bound to fall asleep sometime. Her katana was still laying in the hallway since she dropped it on her way in and didn't bother picking it up.

"Morning Elizabeth, I'm Esperanza, Talea's my aunt." Esperanza smiled brightly at Elizabeth with all the innocence she could muster, hoping to calm the woman's obviously frayed nerves. When she went scurrying out then back into the room then back out again, Esperanza almost couldnt hide her laugh. It had to have been the most entertaining thing she'd seen all day. The way Elizabeth ran out of the room told Esperanza that she had to know something about Talea and Masa's work. Hopefully Elizabeth had been working for Talea long enough that it wouldnt cause a problem down the road.

When she noticed Masa had fallen asleep Esperanza got up and moved just a little farther away to quench the impish desire to start poking her from behind the couch.

The day seemed to pass by rather quickly, Masa slept the sunlight away. Esperanza buzzed around the house doing what ever, Talea didn't pay much attention. Elizabeth had finished cleaning several hours ago. She wondered from different rooms with a big black bag, tossing it on the floor she filled it with random items. Chloroform, several rags, a small hand held computer that was no bigger than a book. A few tools, screw driver, power drill, three stethoscopes. At the end of the packing she through in a few more weapons, including a three derringers. Just in case things got out of hand during the mission. Zipping up the bag she headed to her room. Stripping from her everyday clothing she put on her work attire. The long dress swung in different splits around her legs, the black material running into the white. She reached up to tie her spaghetti thin bow tie, once satisfied she walked out of the room.
50889.jpg
(this is what Talea actually looks like....forgot to post a picture of her.)

Heading straight for the couch she slapped Masa's injured arm, "Get up its time for use to get going...." Her voice trailed off, trying to hear Esperanza was before she poke again. "Esperanza show time get dressed." Her voice was a bit louder, throwing the hundred pound bag over her shoulder, she strode to the edge of the window. Elizabeth had put her sword back for her, reaching in she took it from it's case. Once it was slung over her shoulder she went and popped the trunk of her car. Throwing the bag inside, and slamming the door. She went back to the driver's side of the car, and simply waited knowing it should only take them a few moments to get ready.

Esperanza had snuck out of the house while Elizabeth was cleaning. She headed down to the docks and met with her other employer, he handed her two large black bags and the keys to a new vehicle. It was a vintage Indian motorcycle that had been modified for faster speeds and better handling. She nodded to him and handed him the extra set of keys to her house. When the exchange was complete and he had driven off in his truck, Esperanza inspected the contents of her bags. One contained clothes, lightweight body armor, some personal belongings, and a large medical kit containing not only the usual items found there, but also some items that were rare ont eh public market. The other bag contained three swords, one very large pistol, an extra set of her spring loaded daggers, and a not so small collection of knives and throwing daggers. Satisfied with the contents she strapped them onto the bike and headed back to Talea's house. When she hit the end of the driveway, Esperanza killed the ignition on the bike and walked it back up to the house. She silently walked into the door just after Elizabeth left and headed into her room. She set the bags down on her bed and went about organizing the contents into the room.
A few hours later she heard Talea call out that it was time to go. Esperanza quickly changed out of the outfit she was wearing and into her gear. For this particular job she chose black leather slacks complete with knee high skin tight boots. On her right thigh she strapped a long knife and tucked one into the opposite boot. Her top was a mottled black and deep red with long sleeves that came down to her knuckles, oh her hands she placed some leather gloves that only covered her fingers and thumb and had metal studs on the knuckles. She also placed on what looked like a choker, but was made out of impact resistant materials that would stop most bullets and stop a knife or other sharp object from cutting her throat. Her regular bracelet knives were on and under a half-jacket she strapped on her one gun, a .454 Casull revolver, not a lot of bullets, but deadly as hell. She packed a small bag, complete with lock-picks, some of her more interesting medical gear, a pair of night vision goggles, beacause she only had the one, and a few other odds and ends that might come in useful and headed out into the living room to meet up with Talea and Masa.

It took a while for Masa to actually wake up after Talea hit her injured arm. She opened her eyes slowly, squinting when the light hit her eyes. After waking up a bit more, she could feel how sore she really was. Her whole body ached, be it from the long night and day she had, or from the fight with Esperanza...or both. She had feeling back in her leg now, but it was sore too. Masa had to force herself to get up and dressed.
Masa Sakamoto4.jpg
(Here is her clothes she will wear for this. It's the same kind of thing she wore when she got home. This is just what she wears for jobs.)