Secrets of the Night.

Talea rolled her eyes casually, "Age is fifty two, and no we have three days. To figure out how he will die, it has to be done. Only reason I chose natural looking death, is because he has children. We wouldn't want fragile minds running about screaming my daddy got sawed to pieces by a ninja sword." The sound in her voice dripped pure sarcasm. "Look Chere, this is your first job. Come up with a natural death and we will follow through. Beside the coffee mug was a joke. You need a better sense of humor." Her eyes glittered with humor even as she spoke. Reaching over to grab a near by dish rag she flung it at her face, "Sour puss." She stuck out her tongue at Esperanza, the act was childish even in her own mind. Though, if she was going to have company for awhile she might as well enjoy it.

Esperanza was taken aback by the comment about her being sour and just stood there as the dish towel smacked her squarely in the face, she let it bounce off her nose and slide to the floor. She had been keeping her attitude in check to be professional around another professional, one who had been doing this for a lot longer than she had. She bent over and picked up the towel and threw it back, trying to supress a giggle before she went back to cooking.
"Well, for a 52 year old man, anything is possible, heart attacks are all the rage right now." she pondered for a moment. "But stil, man like that gets up early with his wife, she takes the kid to school as he wanders around the house getting ready for work. probably makes himself some coffee, takes a shower...so many places where accidents happen. Too bad tho, there's a wonderful drug that I can get a hold of, clinically makes you dead for about a week, looks like you died in your sleep. A bit suspicious in a man his age, but the drug cant be picked up in a tox-screen. only problem though, is if they decide to perform a full autopsy on the guy. Of course, he is a scientist, and could have accidentally gotten the substance at work, got on his hands....well, you get the idea. But on the up side, if they dont do a full autopsy, they bury him and bingo...dies of natural causes. Or, we could just wait until the kids go to school and stage an accident, an easy one too, slips and cracks his skull really good, temporal lobe. That's an instant death right there. No one would think twice about that."

Talea wiggled her nose as she thought, "That is a good idea, but we need to map out the kids for a day. I don't want them to be the ones coming home to find daddy with a split skull. Could scar a child, who knows they would end up like us." One hand lifted to motion around the room as she spoke. Slipping from the counter once again, she walked over to stand beside Esperanza. Reaching out she flipped the file open, her index finger slid down a few paragraphs. "Ah well it seems if we don't complete this job are asses will be turned to soy milk. He is suppose to release a new type of drug to help cure genetic diseases. However, that drug can't hit the market. Not sure why as of yet, I'm still waiting for the rest of the information to be faxed to me." She sounded slightly annoyed at the fact. Usually she liked having all the information at once, but something was different about this case.

Her finger left the page to rub at the bridge of her nose, "Esperanza.....we need to brake into his lab tonight. I need to know what is wrong with that drug. Why can't it be released..Usually I don't care about such information, but something about this seems different. Don't it?" She spoke to her as if she were a long time friend, or was it the matter fact tone of her voice. Either way something didn't sit well with her, not in the least bit.

Masa yawned loudly as she walked up to log cabin, her steps hardly making any noise. "I've been on that god-dammed plane for hours." She muttered angrily, yawning loudly again, a tear forming in her eye from being so tired. She wiped it way, feeling annoyed. "Talea didn't get my message either, since she didn't send my bike to the airport." She mumbled. The way she spoke and how her voice sounded made it extremely difficult to tell what gender she was. Masa wasn't in the greatest of moods. Mostly because she wasted the rest of her money on the bus, and having to walk the rest of the way home. Which was around 5 miles. Her legs didn't hurt, but she was just in a pissed off mood. A kid kicked her seat and a baby cried all throughout the plane trip, giving her no time to sleep.

Upon reaching the door, she sighed a relieved and angry sigh. Not bothering to knock, she just opened the door, surprised Talea didn't lock it.
"Careless..." She muttered.
Masa closed the door, not making a sound even though she was exhausted. She slipped her coat off and hung it up on the coat rack standing near the door.

She wore a black undershirt, black dress shirt, grayish skinny jeans, and black boots. A silver cross necklace hung from her neck, and her trusty katana, Black Dragon, hung from the right side of her waist. She looked more like a boy than a girl, her chest being completely flat like a boy's would be. She stood at 6 feet and 3 inches, her hair was short and light brown, barely going past her ears, and her eyes were a light purple.

Masa walked into the kitchen, wanting to put some food in her system before lying down for a nap. She noticed another person in the kitchen along with Talea, one she didn't recognize at all. She didn't say anything and looked at them the kitchen's entrance, her eyes clouded with tiredness, annoyance, and curiosity.

ill let duchess post to see her reaction i cant wait for this mwuahahha))

Esperanza wiped her hands down her face, pulling at her cheeks and rubbing her temples.
"yeah youre right, it is sorta off that someone would want a scientist like that off the market. especially for me since most of the other guys i usually work with still have a code of honor, no women, no children, and the victim usually doesnt have a family to clean up the mess. most clients usually wont knock off anyone that has a family unless they really have to. so, either this is unusual, or this drug is really bad and the vic doesnt want t.." Esperanza's words cut off suddenly as she looked up toward the door into the kitchen. It only took a second to size up the person standing there and to notice the large sword worn on the side. Her fingers slipped around the chef knife and she placed all her weight on the balls of her feet, ready to jump toward this intruder. Talea hadn't mentioned that anyone else was supposed to be here other than the housekeeper, and this person did NOT look like an Elizabeth here to do the cleaning.
She took one cautious step forward and held the knife low to her side to conceal it behind the counter where Talea was currently.
"Talea, it appears that you have a new housekeeper, you cant have gotten rid of the last one without me meeting her yet." She said with a small snarl. This just didnt feel right to her, this person was armed yet she didnt know how long they had been there and he or she had made no move toward violence. She was torn between attacking and waiting for Talea to turn and face this new intruder.

Talea didn't look up, only one brow raised. A small smirk pulled at her lips, "You over a week late Masa, I figured you were dead chere." Her voice sounded casually, one hand lifted to pat at Esperanza's shoulder. "Put the knife back. This is our other roommate Masa. I didn't mention 'it' was because I was unsure 'it' would be coming back." She emphasized certain words as she spoke.

Turning slowly she let her hand slide from Esperanza to fall lazily onto her hip, "New job is on the table we are going out tonight you staying in to rest up like a baby or you coming with?" The low snickering in her voice was asking for trouble, the look on Masa's face told her everything. It was clearly in no mood to play, and Talea was going to pick at her until she got what she wanted.

Masa glared a little at the new girl, seeing her reach for something. Her body tensed up, ready to take her sword if needed. "I sent you a message yesterday. Did you just ignore it or simply forget to check them?" She asked, the annoyance in her voice showing clearly. She walked closer to them, her body relaxing a little as Talea explained who she was to the girl. She glared a little more every time Talea used 'it' address her.

"Hmph." She sat down across from Esperanza and slid the folder to herself. "Whose the new girl?" She asked without looking up, flipping through the pages tiredly, her head resting on her left hand.

Talea burst out laughing, 'it' reminded her to get a new phone. "You see what happened was, I got mad and threw the overly large calculator in the river.......Well lets just go with that. " She tried to smile sweetly at Masa, but knowing it wouldn't have any affect on the cranky heathen. Taking a few steps closer she looked Masa over more carefully, "You look terrible by the way, I don't think we should be wondering about the 'new girl'. We need to be wondering what happened to you?" She tried to contain the giggle that dared to burst free from her throat.

Masa looked like a huge mess, her clothes showed sweat. The bottoms of her pants were wet, no doubt from walking. Talea already knew the girl had a long night, but she was in the mood to annoy her. Besides Masa probably missed her, she pushed away her silly thoughts for now. Before lifting her hand to gesture between the two, "This is Esperanza, the little brat caught me off guard. While I was trying to take care of the squealing priest. I'm here new mentor, and she is living her as of now. So I expect you to be pleasant Masa I mean it." While she spoke the smile quickly faded, and the sound of malicious intent filled its depths.

"Kids." She said simply, annoyance showing on her face again. "A little boy kicked my seat throughout the flight. And when he wasn't kicking, a f***ing baby started crying in my ear." Masa yawned again. "I walked a mile or so to find a bus stop. I only had enough money left to get a ticket, then had to walk five f***king miles to get the f*** to this place after they dropped me off." Closing the folder back up, she leaned back in the chair, slouching and crossing her arms over her chest.

"Hmph...since when do you take on students?" She asked in her normal, rude voice, closing her tired eyes. Masa wasn't fazed at all by Talea's sudden change in her voice. She was used to it by now.
She opened one eye slightly and looked at her. "Can't make any promises." She mumbled.

Talea couldn't take it anymore, laughter burst from her lips. It took her few minutes to regain her composure, "Well sounds like you had a fun time." She said while retrieving her coffee mug. Pouring her a fresh glass, she looked Esperanza over slowly. Before looking back at Masa sipping at her mug. "I usually don't but she amused me. Plus she is rather sneaky, and edgy. I like it." Shrugging her shoulders lazily, as she spoke with complete honesty. There was no reason for her to lie.

She wiggled her nose back and forth in thought, almost getting lost in her own mind. Shaking her head quickly she looked over at Mas, "You coming or not? I can't get through the file safe. I'm not that intelligent. Oh it will also give you time to bond with Esperanza." Talea managed to say between sips of her coffee.

Masa looked over at Talea, smelling the coffee. "Do you really have to drink...that?" She asked. "Ugh, the smell is awful, as well as the taste. I can't believe you can stomach that crap..." She hated anything with caffeine in it, especially coffee. Masa usually avoided the room Talea was in when she drank it, but this time she stayed. Truthfully she missed her after that long trip.

"I guess I could tag along. I'll just take a nap in the car..." She yawned. Bond with Esperanza? Masa didn't think she wanted too. She gave off a certain vibe that Masa didn't like. Not all all, really.

Talea rolled her eyes casually, "Your lucky I don't throw it at you. Besides its six am Masa we aren't leaving till tonight. First I got to handle some stuff the her first." She spoke rather casually as she pointed at Esperanza with her mugged hand. "By the way on your walk up here did you grab my newspaper?" Her eyes lit up with hopefulness, but she highly doubted Masa would even looked twice at the parchment. Especially after the night she had, her eyes drifted over Esperanza she looked tense, maybe she should of mentioned Masa. Though it had been a week she thought Masa was dead, usually how it went with this life style.

Masa yawned again. "If I sleep now, you'll never wake me up in time. I'll be out cold and you know it..." She said, closing her eyes again. It was always hard to wake Masa up, especially if she laid down on her bed. It was a bit easier for her to be woken up in the car though. The occasional bump of the car and lights flashing in her eyes kept her some-what awake. "And no, I didn't grab your newspaper." She opened one eye again and looked at Esperanza. She could tell it would be hard getting along with her. There was just something about her that got on Masa's nerves. "Have her fetch it for you..." She mumbled after closing her eye again.

Talea shook her head steadily, "She is making me breakfast, surprised you didn't grab it on you slow journey up the drive way." She said quietly. (sorry so short, but my little reply box is messing up)

Esperanza stood there shaking with silent laughter at the conversation behind her as she finished the food and began to plate it up.
"Wow, you two argue like an old married couple," she managed to squeeze the words out through a giggle.
"Breakfast, and youre lucky, I always make extra." Esperanza tried to smile nicely at Masa, although it probably looked like a forced grimace.
"Hey, Talea, after we do this job tonight, think Masa here would mind sparring with me, I haven't practiced against a katana user in a while. It might speed up our...bonding time. Besides, it already looks like she doesnt like me, and although I'm okay with that...I still think we would enjoy kicking the s*** outta each other. And I'll say this ahead of time, I make no promises about her either." Esperanza pulled up a chair and started to eat her breakfast, watching Masa very carefully out of the corner of her eye.

Talea almost spat out her coffee, "You wan to spare with Masa? Her eyes drifted between the two as she spoke. After sitting down her mug, Talea crossed her arms across her chest. She was unsure if she should even let her do such a stupid thing, especially when Masa was in such a wonderful mood. However, Esperanza's face wouldn't allow her to refuse. "I'm fine with it. Though be careful Masa gets a little brutal....And I don't want you getting..........." Her voice trailed off as she realized food was done.

Talea scurried over to the steaming plate with a huge smile, "Whoop her ass kid." Was the only thing she managed to say before diving into her food. It was by all means delicious, it had been over three weeks since anyone made her a hot meal. Her face glowed with satisfaction, before winking at Masa.

THe look on Esperanza's face was pure glee as she watched everyone dig into the food. It really was her one joy, cooking, she would cook all the time if she could, but, well, she knew that she wouldn't be able to escape this kind of life long enough to open a restaurant or anything.
"Will do," she whispered to Talea as she smiled, bent over her plate.

Masa smirked at hearing Esperanza and Talea. She would gladly fight her, although she knew she would get carried away very easily. "Don't go crying to Talea when you lose." She said, smiling a bit playfully as she sat up. The smile quickly disappeared though. She stood up and walked to the fridge, taking out a 2 liter carton of milk, which was still full. "Thanks for not drinking my milk Talea." She said, holding up the carton before opening it. "Or did you buy a new one in case I came back?" She asked, and took a long drink. Milk was Masa's favorite drink. Just plain, 2% white milk. Masa sat back down at the table and started eating her breakfast, not bothering to compliment Esperanza even though it was good.

Talea stopped eating when she heard her name being called, "Ummmm......I didn't drink it." Her eyes shifted around the room casually, of course she bought a new one. She loves putting Masa's milk in her coffee, always made it so rich. "Seems I'll have to buy a new one, you do realize we have several glasses in the hand. Just think their clean to." Talea spoke while her eyes focused on the carton, must she always drink from the bottle. She whisper deep inside her mind, then her mind shifted. Maybe she shouldn't have replaced the milk, and let Masa go into one of her no milk rants again. Those were always interesting.