Saving the World In Spite of Ourselves

So I will be slightly delayed in my posting: my last activity for practicum is due Friday and because of my schedule has to be done tomorrow evening. What that means for posting is that I will probably be posting Friday at the latest, but there will be a mild delay in bigger posting.

There needs to be a "that made me laugh" rating we can give people :D

Reactions: Midian
I'm loving this. Am I the only one besides Nadia that almost got a nosebleed from the Dante/Trevean thing?

ha ha, I was a vit slow with that one. I wasted some time trying to figure out why Nadia's face was red until I read your next post. I thought it was hilarious once I realized what was going on . . . Trevean, however, would not be amused. More like slightly offended.

Last edited:
So to prevent any confusion: purifiers can identify other purifiers and Guardians can identify other guardians. Sometimes one Other can recognize another Guardian or Other, but it's rare. I think I've explained Others somewhere else in this thread, but to put it all here:

Others are the vessel for a Guardian's human heart. They ARE the heart, in essence, and without the Other guardians lose their humanity and become ultra-powerful, but they lack compassion or the capacity for morals. Only an Other can kill a Guardian in a way that frees them from the cycle of death/rebirth and the Guardian and their Other sometimes have a semi-psychic bond that comes and goes, mostly in the form of one knowing when the other is hurt. And of course there's the whole "destined to be together thing". Others and their Guardians are made from the same matrix of life and while Guardians are almost entirely composed of magic in a body of flesh, their Others are often far more human and may even lack the ability to access the magic that makes them up (like Dante).

Also, in the morning they're going to find Trevean's wanted posters replaced with poor sketches of a wolf-like thing.

• Thank You
Reactions: Falcon
Awesome

So, what happens to an Other if the guardian dies first? (because Trevean asked that without ever getting an Answer :) )

Also, is Lilith and Dante knowing they are bound to each other going to affect the plan for bringing in Kaden at all? or is that just going to screw with Dante's head a bit more?

It's an extremely unfair relationship: the Other will survive, but they may never be able to love someone else, or they might do it half-heartedly. In short, they'll live, but probably be some degree of unhappy.

Also, it's really going to screw with Dante's head with the whole Kaden thing, which oughta be interesting :D

• Thank You
Reactions: Falcon
Oh yes, that'll be fun =D

Ok, so I have to admit that I am seriously considering getting Trevean a haircut for the ball. Something mid length (like what the guy in the suit picture had)
What do you all think?

I have to admit, his long hair really suits him in a suave, pirate-esque way. I kinda fangirl over it, and Kura can correct me, but I think she does too. However, we will like Trevean regardless and you do whatever you wanna do with him :)

Pirate-esque = magic words
Ha Ha, ok no haircut

Reactions: Midian
The rings Trevean found

his-and-hers-wedding-ring-sets-p11.jpg

Yeah, I was originally looking for something simpler, but there wasn't much with the black band.
Of course I could be mean and say it's jut glass :P - or Trevean's grandparents could have lived in much better times . . .

Well, Coroco does have a lot of natural resources, including gems. There's something kinda charming about them being glass though, I don't know how to describe it.

Having them be glass makes them more sentimental I think. And coming from Trevean who throws money around like water, being entrusted with his grandmother's ring might actually mean more . . .
What are your thoughts?

I agree! Anyone can get diamonds, but two old people from harder times having glass stones is unbearably precious. Shola spends her time surrounded by finery as well, even if she doesn't wear it herself. The simplicity of the glass makes it more sentimental.

Am I the only one that kind of LOLed at the fact that even Trevean was like "WTF?!" When Dante kissed Lilith? XD

Reactions: - Falcon -