Saving Each Other

Status
Not open for further replies.
Griffin didn't react to Teddi's presence right away. He was too wrapped in his memories. It wasn't until she offered the bear to him that he stirred. He looked at her, but it took a moment for him to actually see her. He gave her a small smile. "Thank you Teddi. I appreciate the offer. But I think you need the teddy bear more then I do." He was glad that she had something to comfort her. He had never had a stuffed animal. He had thought about getting himself one but he never gotten the courage to actually do it. Maybe he would have to break down and buy one now. "It's alright. I'm just uncomfortable. I hate being in the dark." He explained. He worried that the lights would be out all night because it was an old building.

Teddi took the stuffed toy back and sat next to Griffin. She wanted to help him but didn't know how so she just sat next to him quietly.
Teddi flinched everytime thunder clapped above the building. She clutched at her stuffe bear anxiously as the storm blew on. Rain pelted the glass window loudly as the storm kept going. It was a long storm or at least it felt long to Teddi.

Griffin was relieved when the stormed stopped. Unfortunately, like he feared lights didn't come back on. He didn't bother trying to get back into his bed. It was too dangerous to try to climb into his bed. He was also too shaky to try. So he simply dozed on the floor. It didn't make for a good nights sleep. But it was the best he could manage. He hoped it was enough. The good thing was that it was only the second day of school so it shouldn't be too demanding. He jumped slightly when his alarm went off. He stretched and rubbed the kinks in his neck.

Teddi had fallen asleep while sitting next to Griffith and woke up curled up hugging her bear. She sat up and rubbed her eyes. The lights were still not working but there was light in the room from the window. She got up and putting her bear away grabbed the her second pair of jeans since her first one was still drying, a white t-shirt, and a black, yellow, and gray plaid shirt. She left to go and change, rubbing her eyes sleepily.
The bathrooms were dark which she didn't mind. She changed quickly brushed her teeth and hair and then went back down the hall to her room.
Teddi knocked on the door and waited for Griffith to respond.

Griffin refused to go into the dark bathroom. He needed to shave but he wasn't going into that small dark room. There was no way he was going in there. He got dressed in another pair of black jeans and plain black tshirt. He was brushing his hair as best he could when Teddi knocked on the door. "It's safe to come in." He assured her was he sat down to put his boots on. He was glad that he had Teddi as a roommate. He thought it would be awkward sharing a room with a woman but it was a lot easier then he had thought it would be. He want to get to know her since it seemed like they might have some things in common.

Teddi entered and looked outside. She needed to get to breakfast before class started. Teddi grabbed her book bag and her dry hoodie, the pink plaid one. She sighed and tied her shoes brogue throwing her bag over her shoulder.
"I'm gonna go to breakfast." She said quietly not really sure why she told Griffith that.
"Wanna join me?" She asked awkwardly.

Griffin hesitated. He rarely ate breakfast. After years of not being allowed to eat I. The mornings he was rarely hungry.but he didn't want to offend Teddi. No one had ever invited him to great with them so he didn't want to turn down this chance to eat with Teddi. He really thought the two of them could be friends. If they were friends it would make the next three years easier. He and Teddi had gotten along well so far. He didn't really want to get used to another roommate. He was used to Teddi. Or Atleast as used to her as he oukd be in such a short amount of time. "Sure I'd like to join you for breakfast. Would you like to ride own to the cafeteria with me?"

Teddi smiled when Griffin accepted her invitation. She never ate a lot because she had a tiny appetite normally even though she worked out a lot in foster care she got used to eating what she needed to survive and that was about it. Her first two meals here had been larger then she normally had because she'd gotten excited about having all this food available for her. Teddi just ate breakfast because she knew she had too to keep her blood sugars steady.
"Ride on what?" she asked softly, trying to remember if he said he had a car. She didn't think he had. "I'll ride with." she decided not wanting to offend him. She wanted a friend and so far Griffin was as close to a friend as she had made here. Teddi didn't want to ruin that.

"A ride on my motorcycle. It will get us to the cafeteria faster. I'm not much of a walker. I have a helmet and other gear if you want it." Griffin explained as he finished tying his shoes. He throw his bag over his shoulder before getting up and headed for the door. He hoped that she wouldn't mind riding his bike. He knew not everyone was comfortable with motorcycles. He would walk with her if she wasn't comfortable with the bike but he would rather not. If they walked she would notice his limp and he didn't want that. He wanted to be as normal as possible. She already knew about his fear of the dark. But since she had been afraid too he didn't mind too much. He waited by the door for her to gather her things and decide how they were traveling.

"I'll ride." Teddi smiled, nodding. She made sure she had everything and then followed Griffin out. She'd never ridden a motorcycle before and was kind of nervous kinda of excited. She didn't know what it would be like. She walked down the stairs carefully and at the bottom she took her bag off and put her hoodie on before going outside.
There were puddles everywhere and some sticks, small branches, leaves, and garbage scattered around by the storm. There was a cold breeze, but Teddi hadn't expected to be too warm in a mountain college so that didn't bother her too much. The morning was slightly gey but the sun was coming up so it was going to be a nice day.

Griffin was relieved that Teddi had agreed to the ride. He opened one of his saddle bars for her. "Put your school stuff. It will keep them dry and allow Ou to hold on. I'll avoid as many puddles as I can." which should be most I've them since his bike was very easy to maneuver. He put his stuff into the saddle bag before holding a helmet out to her. "Do you want the other gear?' he asked. He wanted her to be as comfortable as possible. She was his only friend, the first person to ever treat him as if he was human. That meant a lot to him. He would do what he could to make her comfortable and happy.

Teddi put her school bag into the saddle bag and shut it. She took the helmet from him and looked it over before putting it on. She heard what Griffin asked her,
"No thanks, I'm fine." She responded cheerily. Teddi honestly wasn't sure what other gear you would wear riding a motorcycle, she'd never ridden one before. She waited for Griffin to get on first because she needed someone to hold onto once she got situated. The idea of riding on the motor bike made her a tad bit scared but she wanted Griffin to be happy with her and not get mad so she swallowed her fears and waited to get on.

Griffin settled on the bike. "Sit right behind me. Put your feet on the petals and then wrapped your arms around me. I will stabilize the bike." he instructed her. He was hoping that he would be alright with this. He had never had anyone ride behind him before. He hoped the feel of her body would be different enough that it wouldn't stir any memories. The short distance to the cafeteria should help. " Once we get started all you have to do is follow my lead. When I lean you lean. It's that simple. It sent far to the cafeteria. We Shoukd be there in a few minutes."

Teddi climbed onto the back of the bike. She cautiously wrapped her arms around Griffin. Her arms were short and didn't fully wrap around his body which made her anxious. What if she fell off? She gripped a handful of his jacket tightly and pressed her feet where she was supposed to. She could also barely reach that.
It felt weird, hugging this guy she just met. Her heart was slamming out of her chest not just because she was nervous about riding the motorcycle.
"I'm ready." She told Griffin though she didn't feel ready.

"Hang on." Griffin told Teddi. He had forgotten to take into account how short she was. Most bikes were build for people atleast five feet tall. He leaned down and adjusted the petals so they were under her feet. "Hold on the the belt loops. They will give you a better hold then the leather will." He adjusted her hands so that she had a firm grip on his pants.

Teddi felt her hands start to sweat when he moved her hands to his waist band. She felt a little uncomfortable and she wanted this done with quickly. She gripped tightly though not wanting to offend Griffin and change her mind about riding with him.
Teddi really did place pleasing others above her own comfort and safety even because she was so desperate for companionship. It would be easy to accidentally take advantage of her personality without even knowing it.
"I'm ready now." She told him.

Griffins heart was racing as he started the bike. The good news was that feel of her small curvy body against his didn't stir memories. The bad thing was that his body reacted anyway. He had never been with a woman. So he wasn't used to his body responding to them. He started the bike and headed for the cafeteria. It would only take a few minutes from them to get from the dorm to the cafeteria because it was less then a mile free between the two buildings. He parked right out front. "Get off slowly. You might want to stretch before you try moving too much. The vibrations can have strange affects on your muscles."

Teddi slid off the bike and took her helmet off. It was a short ride but it felt weird. Her legs were shaky and she had to stretch a bit. It was like riding an extremely bad exercise bike at a cheap 24 hour gym except worse.
Teddi took a deep breath she glanced at Griffin while getting her stuff out and quickly looked away her cheeks turning pink. She slung her bag onto her back and checked to make sure her student ID was in her pocket.
"Thanks for the ride..." She said quietly.
Teddi turned to head inside and get her breakfast.

"Not a big fan huh? Motorcycles aren't for everyone. I'm sorry that you didn't enjoy it. Next time we will walk. I just thought the vie would save us time especially in the winter." Griffin explained. He wasn't offended that she didn't like the ride. He was saddened that she wouldn't want to ride with him again. It was something that would be nice to share. But he wasn't giving up. There were other things. They both hated storms. Although he suspected their reasons were very different. He still hoped they could be friends.

"Nono...it wasn't bad." Teddi quickly responded not wanting to turn him away or make him feel bad. It hadn't been all that bad just weird and different. She could get used to it. She smiled a little at him, "I just have never done it before...I wouldn't mind trying again" she explained quickly obviously worried she'd messed up and that he was mad. Teddi had a very honest face and showed her emotions pretty easily, which was how she got hurt a lot in the foster system. She got in line to get her food and put her student ID onto the tray so she'd have it out when she needed it. She rubbed her ams nervously as she waited

Status
Not open for further replies.