Saving Each Other

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Well we are stuck with him. Don't let him into the room if your alone." Griffin told her. It was the best advice. But really there wasn't a lot they could do accept try to avoid the RA. Fortunately that should be easy. Teddi was busy. She wasn't likely to cause problems. Either was he. They should be able to stay under the RA's raider. "No matter what he did in the past he can't do it now." that much he was sure of. The other man could be high on the schools list to have ended up here. "Maybe he's changed."

Teddi shrugged,
"Yeah maybe...I was a little kid when he saw me last. Probably doesn't recognize me. " Teddi muttered trying to convince herself. She honestly really hoped that Sam had gotten straightened out. He'd had a pretty screwed up family though and been fully brainwashed into whatever the family did so she doubted it. Maybe he'd learned to hide it netter, but she doubted he'd changed.
Teddi sighed.
"Yeah I won't let him in of I'm a lone. " she agreed. It felt weird having someone care enough about her to at least look worried. She didn't even know if he was worried, but if not he cared enough to pretend.

Griffin patted her knee trying to comfort her. He has never been comforted or tried to comfort someone so he was probably doing it wrong. But atleast he was trying. He was stepping out of his comfort zone to help her. That was one of the goals that he had set for himself. "All you can do is hope that he has changed and avoid being alone with him until you know for sure."

Teddi nodded. She looked over her assignments she needed to get done and stood up.
"I'm getting ready for bed, I'll get this done belfry next week sometime. " she muttered trying to justify not doing her homework to herself. She grabbed her pajamas a set of blue, white, and gray plaid boxers and an orange tshirt and her toiletry kit before leaving to get changed.
Teddi showered, changed, brushed her teeth and came back forgetting to knock belfry she walked in. She dumped her stuff in her closet and climbed up onto her bed lying down facing the wall.

"Good night." Griffin told her. He could understand her in ability to study. He didn't know exactly what she had experienced in Sam's house. But it was clear that it hadn't been good. He wished that he could do more for her. But he couldn't imagine what he could do. He would be in the room with her as often as he could. But other then that she would just have to try to avoid the man. It shouldn't be too hard. The RA would have his own classes not to mention the other residence and she had a pretty busy schedule.

Teddi didn't sleep that. She stayed awake staring at the wall. She'd suppressed a lot of memories and seeing Sam had started to stir them and force them towards the front of her mind. She'd started crying quietly around 1 am after she thought Griffin was asleep.
Teddi was scared. And it wasn't just because of Sam. She didn't want her mind going back to the dark places it's been in her childhood. She didn't want to become the frightened sniveling eager to please little child again. She bit her lips trying to keep quiet.
At around 5 am Teddi guessed she got up and pulled in some exercise clothes. Working out would make her feel better...it always did.

Griffin didn't go to bed right away. He tried to study. It wasn't easy but he wanted to stay in the habit so he didn't get out of practice. He couldn't say that he would remember anything that he read but it was the practice that mattered. He heard Teddi crying sometime after he had called it a night. He wanted to go to her but didn't. He wasn't sure how to comfort her even if he did. He drifted off until he heard her getting dressed. "Rough night huh? Im sorry. If I can help let me know."

Teddi nodded.

"Sorry for waking you up." she whispered quickly pulling her shirt on. She'd thought he was a asleep or she would've dressed somewhere else. She grabbed her snack bag and her gym bag. Teddi planned on swimming, it was her favorite work out. She pulled her hair back and looked up at Griffin,

"Seeya later." she muttered leaving and walking down the stairs quickly. The sun was barely peeking out so it was still dark as she walked towards the gym. Once she got there she changed into her swimming attire and shoved her stuff into a locker. There weren't many people there at this hour. A couple ROTC people and some others, no one swimming though. She took her supply bag in and set it on the bleachers before jumping in. She started swimming laps.

Griffin sighed as Teddi left. Apparently she decided that she needed to get her mind off things. He could understand that but he wished that she had talked to him. Not that he couldn't have done much other then listen. He climbed out of the bed. He got dressed and then gathered his things for the day. Once he had everything he headed towards the cafeteria so that he could have some breakfast before class.

Teddi swam for an hour and half before getting out. She had classes to get too and needed breakfast. Teddi showered off in the locker room. She ran back to the dorms, changed into set of jeans, a black t-shirt, and, and plaid shirt that was black and gray with thin lines of blue. She hurried to the dinning hall and got in line. She needed to take her insulin and eat.
Teddi ran her hand through her hair which was still wet. She got herself some oatmeal, fruit, yogurt, and coffee. The young college student sat down and took her insulin before starting to eat. She was eating rather quickly because she'd taken too long to swim and get ready and needed to get to classes.

Griffin focused on his studies. HIs classes had gone from laid back to serious. He didn't mind the hands on classes he had in the afternoon. But the lecture he had in the morning weren't as easy. He had saved up to get himself a recorder. He had had to. He couldn't take notes as fast as the teacher talk and he didn't want to miss anything. Between classes, homework, and work he didn't have a lot time on his hands.

Teddi felt like she was drowning. Her school work had amped up and her homework load was huge. She hadn't been working out as much and was gaining some weight. She was trying to stay healthy, but was too busy trying to get assignments in on time. She'd kept her extra job so she could have some savings and was doing her work for tuition job. Every night she'd go to sleep late and exhausted.

Teddi was also having some emotional and mental struggles lately. Seeing Sam had forced up a lot of old memories and since her normal coping mechanism was exercising she hadn't been as emotionally stable as normal. She was getting upset easier and seemed to cry on a weekly basis.

Status
Not open for further replies.