Rogues Gallery

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, um...sorry about no IC post, but how big is Freecoast exactly?
I mean, I kind of need numbers since my character has limitations regarding distance when it comes to her powers...so yeah, need the approximate area of Freecoast. I'll do the areas of each section by doing a scale with the map.

So, um...sorry about no IC post, but how big is Freecoast exactly?
I mean, I kind of need numbers since my character has limitations regarding distance when it comes to her powers...so yeah, need the approximate area of Freecoast. I'll do the areas of each section by doing a scale with the map.
That's a good question... and one I don't exactly have an answer for. Freecoast is a large city, but exact numbers... I don't know. Honestly I've never been good with geography. You could probably just make something up, and I know that's a bit of a failure on my part but I'm clueless on what to tell you right now.

That's a good question... and one I don't exactly have an answer for. Freecoast is a large city, but exact numbers... I don't know. Honestly I've never been good with geography. You could probably just make something up, and I know that's a bit of a failure on my part but I'm clueless on what to tell you right now.
Hmm, is there a currently existing city that you feel similar to Freecoast in terms of size? I been thinking Los Angeles size-ish, but it might be smaller if you only count land...

Hmm, is there a currently existing city that you feel similar to Freecoast in terms of size? I been thinking Los Angeles size-ish, but it might be smaller if you only count land...
For all intensive purposes, let's just go with that; it's close to the size of LA.

Kay, I'll be going with about 1000km square for land and water added up.

I really like what you guys have put up in the IC so far! Just a heads up, but posting order isn't that big of a deal. We don't have to wait a full rotation to get another post in, just so things don't get clogged up. With that being said, can't wait to see what the rest of you have to offer!

Well, after a long series of delays, I've finally got around to my character! Meet both Me and Eva, the game-rigging poker-cheater. Hope this ends up going pretty good. Sorry for the unprofessionalism, but I've figured late is better than never.

"Nice to meet'cha."

Name: Eva LeBlanc
Alias: Quatre, "Lucy"
"Just a 'lil nickname"
"I thought it might be pretty obvious."
"Or, 21. It all depends on who you're asking. On paper, 21."
Personality:
Persistent -
She tends to be pretty stick-to-it with her goals, wanting to go through with all of her aspirations for money. She's pretty confident in her abilities, both special and just general.
Calm - At least, on the surface. Kind of have to when you're dealing with gangs, liars, poker, sharks.
Energetic - If you scratch the surface, you get to see how she's somewhat energetic and enthusiastic, dealing with people or events. Somewhat headstrong, she tends to have a similar response to fights. When dealing with new people, it's a bit different.
Annoying - Once you get to start to talk to her, sometimes she can start to push buttons a bit. A tad immature, probably, but she does it as both a defense mechanism and to figure out who she's dealing with. She cuts it out quickly.
Respectful (After a bit) - Towards the more center of her personality, you've got the fact that if you do something right or if you're worth anything, Eva has a good enough respect for you to stop bothering you. She'd never let it show though.

History:
"You want my life story? Alright, sure. I grew up right around here, 'Lil America. Might not sound like it just based on the name, though parents were a bit weird. Everyone around here is, aren't they? Parents were pretty good at gambling and all, all mostly smaller stuff and a lot of things in Fortuna. They tended to get lucky a lot.

Anyways, three of us and my two older siblings went along pretty well. Tried to do our best to stay out of all the conflicts and whatnot which was all and all around the town, though Coalition seemed to have most of their stuff in check. They were one of the main things I was exposed to growing up, with those food trucks rolling around giving some of the best food on Tuesdays and Fridays, though all the shady crap seemed to happen night or day.

A lot of people might consider me lucky, me included. 'Lil America is a bit of a better place. No place around here is perfect though quite honestly, it's all pretty nice. I've got it good. Parents could afford a lot of extras with the gambling money.

Parents wanted to keep me away from that stuff although they did teach me enough. Stay clean. Hold your own. Carry your weight. Do things yourself. Respect, at least internally. A bit more importantly, how to conduct with other people. Figure them out quick. Keeping up a few white lies for protection. Kinda came in handy. Still does. Try not to let too many people in close, fight those who you need to, there we go.

First learned about my abilities at 13, started seeing things a bit differently. It's really hard to describe, because as long as I didn't keep it up for all too long, it didn't really bother me. It's like a second eyesight, seeing things where they might be headed, sort of in highlighted lines? It happens when I blink and focus on a few things at once. I used to miss a lot but I can focus a lot more.It's when I kept up my eyesight for much longer where I had trouble. I managed to get this one to work in my favor. Because people are naturally how they are, you can never really worry all too much.

Start getting into fights as more people seem to show their true colors, envy some of the things I might have had. Respectable. Unfortunately for me, my eyes lit up during some of the fights as that cool little sight thing I could do got a bit better over time. I could react a lot faster to things and since it kinda felt like I already knew where they were going... Got me into some issues when I couldn't do enough. And of course, being labeled a weirdo in your early teenage years... I personally find it fun, just a bit. Being able to kick ass, knowing that I can do more than other people. Yeah. It's fun.

Nowadays? Well, I've figured out how to channel my abilities into poker, make a lot of money off of it. Tend to make a lot of things off betting with card games, coins, stuff like that. I tend to stay away from slots because they're really confusing and annoying. Poker is just up to my outer limit. I've got a few people who absolutely hate me because they think I'm cheating, or borrow too much money, or take too much of theirs, whatever. I can take a few of them at a time."

Powers:
Predictive Lines -
If she's focused on a few specific details, on things moving or stationary, she can somewhat see a prediction as to where they are going. If someone is thrusting a knife at her, she can see one or two places where the swing might end up, and compensate accordingly. This in on itself doesn't change her reaction time, as good as it is. It does help, however, with dealing with identifying things she needs to avoid. For poker and for betting, the application is relatively simple. She can see where the cards are relative to the deck and the other cards, seeing what's next or what the opponent might have. In terms of cards, she tends to slip, and in most cases she needs to see the card first. That applies to combat too, she needs to have an understanding of what's going on.

Redirected Eye - Within a very short range of about six feet, Eva can redirect her vision to a certain fixed point. It can't be used in conjunction with her Temporal Gaze, and can be used for even less time, and only focuses on details with a significant blur, though can be used with her predictive. For applications to combat, this requires a substantial amount of focus and cannot be activated on a whim. Though it can be used in poker, as she does quite a bit. Her eyes glow a blue when doing using this ability.

Temporal Gaze - A more active and obvious ability, Eva's eyes glow a light blue when she's using this. For a few short bursts, Eva's reaction speed increases dramatically, which allows her to fully process most of her primary ability. It only happens for a bit of time, and is somewhat headache inducing if used excessively, though it does help if she needs to process things in a fight quicker. It doesn't allow her to do anything faster physically, it just allows her to see things faster. She still has the physical limitations of her body. Though combined with her primary ability, it seems to make her much harder to hit.

Appearance: Standing at a slightly above average 5'7, Eva has a bit of a medium build with a good blend of athleticism and a slim build. She has that youthful spirit around her, being quite young, and considers herself attractive. She has light skin and short, light brown hair. Her hair is in an asymmetrical style, more pulled off to her left side, with light blue tips. Somewhat like an undercut, though grown out more. She has a blue star tattoo on her right shoulder, hollow center, though it crosses over each side. (If that makes any sense.)

Reactions: Gomorrah
Posted, there we go!

This RP doesn't seem to have the "beginning of RP posting spree" that I've experienced in other RPs. Oh well.

posted, many apologies. i don't actually have a reason to be inactive, i just spent the past 5-10 minutes writing and rewriting what i'd written.

I'm SO sorry about not posting yet. I didn't get a single alert from this thread, and thus missed the IC link. I'm reading through the posts now and I hope to get a post in tonight, but I will have one up tomorrow at the latest!

I'm SO sorry about not posting yet. I didn't get a single alert from this thread, and thus missed the IC link. I'm reading through the posts now and I hope to get a post in tonight, but I will have one up tomorrow at the latest!
Aye, no problem, no problem. We're going steady as is and you're not too late in the slightest!

Hey~hey err'body^^

K so like Boo is just a bit confused as to where all the charries are located O,o??

So I have Charlie sitting with the teen drunk guy (don't worry, Charlie won't shoot him, its just I needed to make her seem all badass and all, k?^^). They are on a corner of a building opposite of the Sahara right? @Gomorrah

And @Cresion Breezes has posted that Valor has not been seen by Charlie yet, but I posted Charlie seeing Valor with JC and Gregory. But k, that's cool Boo can edit her post. So now Valor is on top of the Sahara right?

K and so @alaska has Romee inside the lobby of the Sahara? But everyone is still outside though right?

That would leave JC and Gregory outside the dooway to the Sahara right?

Like sorry I'm kinda nitpicking, but I just wanna make sure I'm understanding correctly where all the charries are located :33

Hey~hey err'body^^

K so like Boo is just a bit confused as to where all the charries are located O,o??

So I have Charlie sitting with the teen drunk guy (don't worry, Charlie won't shoot him, its just I needed to make her seem all badass and all, k?^^). They are on a corner of a building opposite of the Sahara right? @Gomorrah

And @Cresion Breezes has posted that Valor has not been seen by Charlie yet, but I posted Charlie seeing Valor with JC and Gregory. But k, that's cool Boo can edit her post. So now Valor is on top of the Sahara right?

K and so @alaska has Romee inside the lobby of the Sahara? But everyone is still outside though right?

That would leave JC and Gregory outside the dooway to the Sahara right?

Like sorry I'm kinda nitpicking, but I just wanna make sure I'm understanding correctly where all the charries are located :33
You and the kid are on the corner of the sahara, and as far as I've read everyybody is outside in the front of the building, with Valor on top, unless Romee's post changes that, just gotta read...

@alaska
Yep, your post makes it seem as if everybody is inside the club, when they are rather outside. Front doors are locked, and Valor is on the roof, Sway and the drunk kid are at the corner of the building by the allyway entrance, and everybody else that's near the club are somewhere in the front.

EDIT: Though I'd like to think Romee is just hallucinating actually seeing everybody inside the building to be honest...

Last edited:
  • Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Boo Girlie BoomBoom
Yeah I was confused too, I can see that all chars are outside but she acts like she and everyone are on the inside...confused indeed.
So...
Charlie & drunk dude on the corner
Two other dudes Greg and Josué in front
My char Valor on top
Eva still a few blocks away
Is that right?
I wonder if it's Romee's power that she's seeing the location in some sort of digital space...eh, still confused.

No, I just fucked up massively. :( I'm sorry. I'll change my post, I definitely read it they are inside a sort of front room, and the entrance to the center of Sahara is locked. My bad.

Edit: Fixed it. Wasn't a huge change, but should fit now. In case you're wondering why she's still adressing Valor, the phone's still in the vacinity.

Last edited:
  • Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Boo Girlie BoomBoom
Posts were a bit confusing but I think I got it? Please correct me if I've got something wrong here.

Status
Not open for further replies.