Rogues Gallery

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Backstories are required; it's a good way for everyone to familiarize themselves with what kind of character you're playing and it also shows dedication to the game. If you're not willing to put together a backstory now, how will I know you'll be willing to post in the IC when that goes up?
Oh - wow - Ya-huh!
I think my creativity muse just made her way from vacation, and I'm ready to write some story.
Await my CS soon!

Backstories are required; it's a good way for everyone to familiarize themselves with what kind of character you're playing and it also shows dedication to the game. If you're not willing to put together a backstory now, how will I know you'll be willing to post in the IC when that goes up?

We're sticking with one character per player.
Awww, I have Brother Nature and Miss Petite for my superheroes XD, but I guess I will go with Brother Nature for this and Miss Petite will be used in another superhero rp of mines. Will have him up later tonight or tomorrow.

Hey, I expressed interest in this rp a while ago, but I don't think I'll be able keep up with it so I won't be joining afterall. Just thought I'd let you know. Have fun guys.

Name: Leopold "Leo" Farley
Alias: N/A, quote; "I ain't usin' no fruity nickname or nothin'."
Personality:

1. Insensitive - Generally speaking, Leo doesn't care whose feelings he hurts. If something he says offends or comes off as harsh, that's just too bad.

2. Aggressive - Leo has a short fuse and a violent answer for most confrontations. In any situation, he tends to tackle his problems hard and without relent.

3. Opportunistic - If Leo sees an opportunity to get ahead in life, he's going to take it. He doesn't care who he hurts in the process.

4. Protective - He may be a prick, but Leo takes care of his people. He won't hesitate to put his own life on the line for the sake of a comrade or someone close to him.

5. Deceptive - Leo has no qualms about dishonesty that serves a purpose and has become quite adept at spinning webs of deceit. He primarily makes use of this talent to keep the pressure off of himself and his people to the best of his ability.

History: Leo is a Freecoast thug, born and bred. Shitty parenting saw to it that he got involved with the wrong crowds from an early age, a couple of junkie parents in a constant state of 'too wasted to give a rat's ass what their punk kid was getting up to'. There was a time when that left him suffering, but he wised up before he got too old, started taking care of himself by making off with things that weren't his. He got the crap kicked out of him more times than he could remember, but over time he got better at getting away with the petty crimes that'd become routine for him.

As a teenager he was popular with local street rats around his part of Little America, often sharing his spoils in exchange for information on other potential targets. Most folks wouldn't blink twice at these kids, so they were perfect for spying. Some of them followed Leo into adulthood, eventually claiming spots as his "Top guys" when he formed the crew he runs to this day. Starting out he more or less had his people doing the same things that he did in the past, picking pockets and jumping people in dark alleyways, but as time went on Leo would become more and more emboldened by success.

Nowadays Leo's crew rakes in enough to live fairly comfortably, all things considered. They've got their own little place to kick back in and just enough excess cash to throw around at their vices, within reason. Despite their operations now reaching beyond their home and their marks growing more high-risk all the time, they've managed to stay off the radar for the most part. Most people see Leo's crew and write them off as a bunch of nobodies, and when suspicions do rise or someone gets caught, the boss-man himself is good about diverting attention and keeping the heat off of them while they lay low.

Powers: Leo is able to project false imagery and sounds that are experienced by all within an area around him, save the deaf and/or blind. He has some control over the effective proximity of his ability, but any attempt to overextend it tends to end badly for him, causing him to black out. The limit to how far he can project complex illusions is about the range at which sounds and sights just start to become unclear, although the more complex said illusion is, the tighter the effective range will become.

The illusions that Leo creates can be incredibly believable, sometimes so much so that something in the back of his mind refuses to believe he has indeed fabricated the things he is projecting. This can lead to mental breaks, ranging from minor to extreme depending on how readily his mind is able to re-ascertain what is and is not real. Considering the effects on his own psyche, knowing full well that he is in control of these illusions, one can only imagine what impact they might have on those not privy to that fact.

Last edited:
Damnit, someone beat me to the illusionist. @Gomorrah what did we say about duplicates?

So far no one has picked the powers my guy is going to have so hopefully it stays that way until I get him up soon.

Damnit, someone beat me to the illusionist. @Gomorrah what did we say about duplicates?
Generally I'd rather not have duplicates when it comes to player characters, but if you can do it somewhat differently, (Basically as long as you're not a carbon copy) I'll allow it.

@Gomorrah since I've gotten better, been working on replies for older rps of mines so I will get my guy up by this weekend.

Reactions: Brea
Just to pop in and ask, when's IC starting? And what type of scenario would we be starting on?

Just to pop in and ask, when's IC starting? And what type of scenario would we be starting on?
Within the week. We'll be starting on the first meeting of our group, have a bit of an explanation on what's going on, and then shit'll go down after that.

Since no one talked about Gravokinesis, I'm officially using it!

IMG_1093.JPG
"Heya, I'm Greg - Nice to meet you"
Gregory Davidson

Alias:
"Welp, no need to lie - I sometimes go out and play with my powers in the moonlight~"
Universe, Singularity.

"Male I suppose? Last time I checked it was like that"
Male

"17. Too young to do something with my body - already old to drive a car"

Personality:
"Bearable, Optimistic, Introvert, Geek and... how's that word? Ah yes, Perverted~"
Gregory is simply a Geek in today's words:

He is an introvert, preferring to keep to himself and secret stack of manga and comics he got under his bed, often to his hands too (if you know what I mean >_>); Gregory is bearable for other people (unless they try to find out about his secret stack - after that they usually get lost), and is sometimes even friendly. He is indeed optimistic, trying to see only good - although, as the time gone, it became harder and harder.

But yes, his most brilliant and outstanding characteristic - Gregory is a pervert. By that, I mean that he can literally say about you anything - That he can see your panties through your skirt, or that your neon-green bra can be seen through your white shirt. Anything! (As long as it somehow applies to your squishy parts).

History: "My history? Welp, I don't want to bring it on, but, anyways.

I was born in Northern California, but my parents - basing on reasons I will never understand, or find out about - abandoned me, and sent me to an Orphan House. I'm not complaining about it! No! - Maybe they couldn't afford children, or were running away from someone and wanted to keep me safe - but I was left, alone and forgotten. Orphan house wasn't that bad - eventually I got picked up from it by the person, who soon became most adored person in my life.

Her name was Adeline Manson - she was a medic, and worked in a pretty big medical center in our city. She was coolheaded, sarcastic and simply a cool woman. We never were a mother and son - but best buds. Me and Adeline hanged out pretty much all my childhood, but he didn't forget that I was a child - at the age of 6 I patiently went to school.

But- hah, nothing can last too long right?- Adeline was fired off her job because some daddy's boy wanted to take her place at a medical center. I was so angry, that- well- I went to talk to a manager. He didn't even care about me or what I was saying, and simply called me a "stupid child". Clearly, something that was holding my brain together snapped- I didn't know what I was doing- well- my powers went off. This was the first time my mutation finally showed - whole medical center looked like if it was crushed by a tornado. Adeline didn't blame me, but herself. We left the city afterwards, and were looking for a place to stay.

There was it - Freecoast. Ocean Paradise. A place free of rules and authorities. That's what it told in books eventually. We took all money we could find, sold our house, and bought a ticket to Freecoast. We were so happy to leave USA - especially Adeline was. When we arrived, Adeline instantly found a job, and we started lightly settling in. I was 16 back then, and - since my education was unfinished - Adeline bought me some books, and I started learning by myself. It's pretty fun - you can learn all the time you want, and rest all the time you want. On that age, I discovered anime and comics - it was certainly an explosion in my self culture. I started buying manga, anime and comics like crazy.

And- She just had to- She was trying her best- Adeline became a drug-dealer. You know, as a medical worker she knew about various effects that medicine and drugs give, so she started creating her own, and selling them to various gangs in Freecoast. But once- I'm sure she didn't do it on purpose- but several important gang's members had died after taking in Adeline's latest drugs. Gangs blamed it on her, and her head was set on price. I was going to shop- I didn't know they were coming, but Adeline was killed.

Now, I live alone, trying my best to find job. I inherited drug traffic from my stepmother, and try my best to deliver drugs. I use only tested drugs, but sometimes experiment with my own. Oh, you wonder where I get my drugs... seriously? Okay, I buy them from small dealers, and then sell it to gang at double price. No, that's not lying - it's economy: you buy something to then sell it double price.

So yeah, that's my history. It's interesting... I guess"

Powers: Gregory possesses ability to mentally influence gravitons - and gravitational field itself - manipulating gravity. You guessed it!

~Gravokinesis: Gregory's main, and most powerful ability. Using it, he can set it on three tasks: Defying, Increasing and Decreasing. Let me explain: He can defy gravity on some objects, making it simply not work on them; He can increase gravity on some objects, making them heavier, or throwing them somewhere if he decides to direct vector of gravity; He can decrease gravity, meaking object lighter, or throwing it the heck off the surface of this planet (well, at least towards the stratosphere). Gregory mainly uses it to fly, or to imitate Telekinesis. Gravokinesis naturally starts working if he keeps his eye set on the target. Greg can update it to the level of working when he's focusing his mind on it, but now it's only eyesight, or turning his head in the way of it.

Appearance: Greg is a tall young man, standing at 6'5. His body is built pretty slim, and somewhere very thin. He possesses toothpaste-colored hair (pale-blue), which is obviously not natural. Greg has bright blue eyes, pale-beige skin and absolutely no piercing or tattoo. Handling drug traffic day and night shown it's sight on Greg - he has large pouches under his eyes, and tends to walk around sleepily.

Greg usually wears white hoodie with blue foresleeves. Black jeans and white shirt underneath hoodie. He sometimes wears glasses, but prefers to not.

Last edited by a moderator:
[GALLERY=media, 12333]Goushust by Cyanide Tears posted Sep 15, 2016 at 5:07 PM[/GALLERY]
Name: Goushust
Alias: The Shadow
Personality:
Amnesia: Goushust does not remember anything of his childhood or where he came from.
Introverted: Goushust relies on himself and only himself. He enjoys his own company and will rarely speak to others.
Concientious: Goushust is very shall we say, aware of his surroundings. He can read people very well. And goes by his gut feeling.
History:
Ever since he was a young boy, he was always the outcast. Shunned by his family and others. They all knew he was a 'freak', he never understood the term, he did know that it hurt him mentally. Then as he grew older, kids would pick on him, call him names, hit him around ect. Until one day, a group of children were throwing rocks at him. One smacked him in the head hard, creating a good cut. As the blood welled up and dripped down his face from his chin. A change came over him, his eyes turned a glowing yellow. Then he simply vanished. The kids were confused and frightened, thats when the blood curtling screams happened. 5 kids died that day, their heads turned completely around, some very mutilated. Except the 6 kid, it was a girl. Goushust appeared before her, tilting his head to the side as the girl cowered before him. Her clothes and skin caked with blood, he spared this girl. He never knew why, but it was his undoing...

Soldiers and men in white coats captured him. Brought him to a facility where he was experimented on. He lost his memory here, and received his new name. Which was simply put as The Shadow. After years of torture to his body and mind, his face and body disfigured, there was a commotion outside his room. It sounded like chaos, people screaming and dying. Then his door opened, the girl stood there staring him down, almost glaring? "You're free. Now RUN!" Goushust was confused. He didn't recall ever seeing her around, or knew that she was the one he spared long ago. Then a shot rang out, the girl fell, but due to Goushust she did not hit the ground. He held her in his arms as her life was ebbing away. She looked up at him, "What...are...you...doing...run" she whispered. She died in his arms and he laid her down, tears streaming down his disfigured face. The man who shot her laughed. That was when Goushust looked at him with glowing yellow eyes. The man didnt know what hit him as his head was turned completely around. His neck broken, Goushust appeared again and took the mans clothes and mask he was wearing. He put it all on, then he ran.

Powers:
(His eyes go a glowing yellow when hes about to use any of his abilities)
Invisability: He only goes invisible in extreme situations. This is his main trademark power, but he cannot control it.
Super Speed: This is a passive type power. It is only active when his eyes are glowing yellow.
Muffle: His footsteps become silent when his invisibilty is active.

@RecentlyInsaneRussian
The biggest issue I can see with Greg here is the completely out of nowhere adaption abilities. You say it has a connection to gravokinesis, but I can't quite see that link. Having both is a bit too much, and it looks OP. Just saying that your character can change himself to suit the scenario; that's not gonna fly with me.

Speaking of gravokinesis, it' not very defined on how exactly he does these things. Does Greg just snap his fingers and his target floats up into the atmosphere as if they've ingested a fresh bottle of fizzy lifting drink? Maybe as long as he has his hands on a target, their gravity is affected as he wants?

Also you say he's a drug dealer but when his stepmom worked as one she was the one making the drugs. Where is he getting his supply now that she's dead?

@Cyanide Tears
Super speed, AND invisibility, AND he's completely silent when this is active? Kinda makes him a needle in a sea of hay. I do like the theme of him being a shadow though, and I think if you narrowed it down to just invisibility, and expanded on how his power worked, that would be great. He's also very lacking in personality; amnesia is more of a history plot point than a way of acting. Basically, he's a bit... bland.

Status
Not open for further replies.