• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
"Thanks." K managed, then looked between one and the other. He hadn't seen Cross drink from the canteen, nor touch the actual protein bars, though the fact someone else opened them both did bother him. He pushed aside his unease and reached out toward the water, then toward the bar, then water, and finally he took the bar. "Thanks." He murmured again as he began to nibble at the bar.

One side of his upper lip drew back in distaste as he screwed, though he kept his mouth shut. He chewed slowly, like a miserable toddler, then looked toward Cross's face for the first time as he swallowed. "Pity." He finally managed after a few moments before he looked down at the bar and slowly began to eat another bite.

It was fucking nasty, but he couldn't stop eating. It had the texture of one of those dog treats that supposedly imitated marrow from a bone.

He forced another bite, chewing miserably until there was nothing left. "Gross."

Clearly not too bad, since he began licking crumbs from his hell-sand dusted fingers.

The with smiled. "Mm, much appreciated, dear." She giggled. "Which one means I get to ride with you?" She winked. It felt like far too long since she enjoyed someone's company, and what better way to get it than flirting?

Well, except with the ill-dressed freak. That thing didn't respond to anything but books.

Yeah, this wasn't exactly the responses Cross could immediately understand. Though, he could feel it relate that the food was not too great, which wasn't untrue. They were made to be nutritious, not tasty. Cross sighed a little, seeing the pitiful state of the young man. Wherever he came from, certainly wasn't great… Displacement Sickness really didn't help either. A lot of the Non-Natives to this world had to go through it.

"I know it's not the best, kid, but it will give ya what you need." He waved over one of the soldiers. "Keep an eye on him, make sure he isn't going through shock or dying." The soldier saluted Cross and remained there with K.

Cross began walking away, two fingers to his ears. "Sir. New Displaced Individual is cooperating and knows the one pulled out of the portal to Hell. Do you want me to question her?" It took a few seconds before there was any response, and the response also had gunfire in the background.

"Yeah, just get the basics. We'll do a full interrogation and cleansing cleansing once we get to base." Vordan's communicator cut out, probably because of the quick action towards his rifle, or maybe, like Vordan would, swinging his blade around.

The woman pulled down her face mask, revealing young lady, maybe mid-twenties, maybe late twenties. A soft smile was displayed on her lips. "Well, I'll be in this one if you need some company." She replied rather charmingly, letting it wonder if she was playing along with her flirt, or just being polite. "If you're lucky, you'll be riding with Vordan, our commanding officer right now. Funny fellow."

Cross had come around the helicopter and towards both ladies. The man went straight to business too. "Would you mind if I asked you a few questions?"

K smacked his lips, trying to forget the taste as he reached for the canteen and took it before Cross wandered off, then began to sip to try to be rid of the taste. His mouth felt too dry, even with water inside it.

He looked toward the new person and shifted slightly, wary, but forced himself not to run off. The forced trust he had with Cross seemed easily tossed aside, but he tried to remember that even though they'd made physical contact, it was out of necessity, not affection, and being fed was not a sign of fondness, but of simply not wanting him to be dead.

He used his tongue to pull more of the bar bits from between his teeth, still hungry, but unwilling to ask for another because of the texture, taste, and his own stomach already objecting to what little he did eat so far. He glanced up toward the soldier briefly, glad for the masks, and swallowed another sip of water.

K wanted to ask something, but he didn't know this new person, and he didn't want to share his secrets with them, either.

~*~

The woman beamed as the pilot revealed her face. "Sounds lovely." She beamed, eager to join the woman, but paused as Cross approached and tilted her head. "Go right ahead." She turned her charming smile toward him, but her torso remained aimed at the pilot, eager to resume their conversation, but not eager enough to ignore someone better armed than her who wanted to ask some questions. "I live to serve." She joked, though the wink she delivered to seemingly both of them held a few quiet promises.

The woman looked to his superior officer with a quick nod of acknowledgement, but she came back to look at the new displaced lady. "I can assure you, Vordan is a nice man." Everyone knew Vordan. Probably one of the nicer veterans of the W.A.S. one could work with. Some were stingy and really strict… Like Cross, in most circumstances.

The man remained unfazed by the wink as he went on to ask the questions. "I need to know of what race and culture you come from, your name, your world of origin, the world you came from and if you have any powers relating to technology, magic, supernatural, divine or any of the sort…" He reached to his neck and pulled up the cross on his necklace. "And, do you willingly accept to tell the truth, only the truth with our Lord as witness?" The cross held a mild radiant light on it. Clearly, there was something supernatural or magic of it.

The woman sighed slightly. "You don't have to do this, Sir. She has been cooperating."

Cross looked towards her, raising a brow. "She may refuse to have our Lord as witness and still answer the questions…" His eyes set back on the displaced woman. "… So?"

"I won't take your lord as a witness, but I was planning on being honest anyway." She shrugged, then grinned. "I'm a human from America. My world of origin is Earth, but not this one, and I arrived here after a trip through Hell. I just came to fetch that." She pointed toward K, then let her arm drop as she continued.

"As far as powers, yes. Everyone from our Earth has magic. It's used to power our technology. That," she again pointed to K, "Can't use it's magic for some reason, and that's why it tried to get me to teach it, and then went to Hell when he got tired of my efforts."

She covered her mouth and yawned. "Honestly, I just want to take it back with me, but I have the feeling dragging it back to the portal this moment would be a bad idea, given what's going on here." She sighed. "I hope none of you mind if I try to seduce you to pass the time." She shot the pilot a quick wink.

Interesting answer for sure... Cross put the cross back under his uniform and let the woman state what she wished to state. This information was only to assign a level of threat to her and to see if they needed to take precautionary measures with her.

The first few answers to his question were details he could only say are what he could identify from her. The fact she came from an Alternative earth made it a far simpler case, even when she began mentioning that the use of magic is actually common where they come from. Interesting indeed... Cross seemed satisfied with the answers that where given to him... However...

The female pilot looked to the displaced woman and blushed lightly. "Oh... so you were... flirting." She scratched her head a little nervously. She seemed a little caught off-guard by what she said, though she didn't seem to back away from such interactions.

Cross, for his part, just raised a brow. "Even if you it wasn't the case, our protocols dictate that any displaced entity is to be brought in to make sure they are not a threat to Earth. Luckily enough, we didn't have to do it with force." Cross didn't seem to mean it as a threat, but more to let her know of their customs. "And you can flirt with whoever you wish. Those who will be bothered can speak up..." He turned to the pilot and motioned to the helicopter. "Get the PSB and put it one her wrist. You know what to say." Cross bowed his head to the both fo them and walked off to join back with K.

The woman, hearing the orders, replied swiftly. "Yes, Sir!" She waited until he walked away before a soft sigh escaped her lips. "Sorry, Cross can be a little tight. He's doing it to keep us safe..." The woman climbed into the helicopter and came back out maybe a minute later with a rune incrusted bracelet. "He wants me to put a Power Suppression Bracelet on you... It's meant to stop supernatural, magical and divine phenomena to be used by those who wear it. It's a safety procedure we need to do on any captured or retrieved displaced entity... I know it sounds harsh." She offered up the bracelet, hoping she would still be willing to cooperate.

Cross returned to K, waving the man off to do something else. "Shouldn't be too long." Indeed, gunshot could eb heard getting closer, which meant they were still fighting a few demons not too far.

Some of K's tension left as Cross returned, and he took another sip of the water. "Ok." He looked toward the sound of gunshots and tilted his head, then set down his backpack and settled into an out-of-the-way nook of the helicopter as he pulled out a notebook and stripped off his jacket. His body was covered in the purple-black ink of a ballpoint, slightly marred by clinging orange dust. He began to copy each note into the book, focusing as he did.

He used printing instead of cursive, and his letters looked almost like a font from a comic book, all in capitals and all well-rounded, or he scribbled them out and rewrote them. He included diagrams as he closed his eyes to remember, then opened them to record what he remembered.

hastily-sketched images of beings made of disks appeared on the paper, with notes about clinking and metallic voices. Next, people in office wear with all black features and no hair, their figures exaggerated and heavily sexualized. He described them as unable to speak, but they became more intelligent and capable as they went deeper into Hell.

He drew one such demon out with incredible detail, including notes on her 'smooth skin' and 'almost textureless surface'. His pen paused before he wrote in the name he'd given her: Amie.

He glanced up toward Cross, and then the sound of gunshots, nervous. "Notes." He said. "I keep?"

~*~

The woman smiled at the pilot, though a hint of irritation shone in her eyes as she watched the device as it was applied. "I don't like it, but I suppose I have to deal with it for now." She clicked her tongue as she glared at the thing, then sighed and leaned against the pilot. "Cross is so mean." She offered the biggest puppy eyes she could muster for a moment before she laughed.

"I'm sorry. It's been twenty years since I last spoke to someone who could talk back and wasn't trying to stab my face." She bumped her hip gently against the pilot, uncaring about whether she was coming off too strongly or not.

And then she heard the noise of frantic pen on paper, and her nose wrinkled with distaste as she looked toward K. "That thing and its notes..." She huffed.

Cross wasn't exactly sure of what was happening; the boy, or girl for that manner, was now starting to write down some things that Cross just gave a quick look about... It didn't seem like anything he really had to concern himself about, though seeing their body covered in was he could only describe as more notes. Whatever he had went through; it certainly didn't seem to have been a walk in the park.
To her question, he nodded his head. "You can keep anything that isn't considered a weapon." Cross really did not seem bothered by whatever he wrote down. Instead, he focused on where the gunshots were coming from. He knew that they would detonate the thing as soon as they could.

----------------
"Sorry." The bracelet was put over her wrist, fitting a little loosely, but certainly putting down its effects immediately. It didn't sap the energy from her, nor really her casting abilities. It more so made sure reality was no changed from her; it meant anything that was a technological enhancement or a purely physical mutation or capability could still be used.

When the woman came to lean on her, explaining that Cross was mean, she nodded a little quickly. "Yeah... He's like that most of the time... He's still a good man." She said to answer her back, looking into those eyes with a kind and nervous smile.

The bumping of her hip had the lady back away, but only by a step or less. "I can understand... Must have been rough, right?" She was asking, mainly because she was to make sure she was comfortable, but also because she was curious. After all, it was the first time she got to meet someone who was freshly displaced. She did eye the young... person when he was mentioned. Then, she remembered.... "Hey.. What is your name? I'm Eve."

---------------------------
Coming around the corner of a street where the first signs of soldiers retuning, which seemed to be moving in waves. Groups of soldiers were firing while others made their way up the street, towards the helicopters. Vordan, amongst all of them, sent a message to everyone. "Once you see the red light in the sky, just start running for the helicopters. Don't fall behind."

The Commanding officer reached for something on his belt and pressed on a good old red button, which then activated a redlight going from the ground where he planted the device towards the sky. "It's active!" The soldiers weren't firing anymore, but running towards the helicopters. The light's diameter was quickly expanding, though you couldn't tell was ti was doing, because there was not explosion sound coming from anywhere... Some demons were pulling out from around the corner, running towards them too.

K smirked, and a single grunted laugh emerged before he continued his notes. "Ok." At least he knew he could keep his all-important notes as he transferred them from his pale arms to his notebook. "Help?" He offered his notebook, then began to lift his shirt as he turned away, revealing more notes underneath, on the dusty, sweaty skin. "Before smudges." Some of it was smudged already: in fact, a lot of it was. Most of it was, but here he was expecting someone to read handwriting on flesh that was smudged.

The handwriting wasn't nearly as neat as K's own, either: it was half-scribbled, like a doctor's notes.

~*~

Eve? The witch couldn't restrain a giggle. "Rena Silva, but you can just call me Rena if you'd like." She winked, unable to stop smiling as the woman seemed torn between eagerness and wariness. It was so cute! Rena's yes narrowed with cat-like pleasure.

"But yes, it was pretty tough. I spent most of my time following that because it cheated me, and... well, here I am. I'd hoped to simply get some compensation from it, but coming to a whole new world? Well, it is nice to meet new people. I haven't been away from home in quite a while."

Her eyes didn't leave the pilot as she gauged Eve's reactions. It would be fun to pursue her, even if Eve decided she wasn't interested.

Cross didn't initially catch what K was asking him for, though he did hear his single utterance of 'Help'. The soldier turned to him, seeing that the notebook was presented to him. Cross took a hold of it, wondering what he wanted to get out of him... And strangely enough, he lifted his shirt to reveal more writing. Cross was a little concerned as to why one would need to do this, since they had a notebook... But he could only guess trouble times could have not permitted him to reach a notebook yet.

Cross looked at the writings, both in the notebook and his skin... And clearly, he wasn't going to be able to write any of what was on his back down... However, it did not mean he didn't have a solution. "Sorry, kid..." He handed the book back to K. "... can't discern what's written on you. If you want, Vordan over there has something that might help you out once we return to base. He has a tool for reading through smudges."

Cross immediately looked back as the red, vibrant light started to spread across their field of view... They were awfully close, weren't they? Did Vordan do his calculations right...?

------------------
"It's a pleasure, Rena." She still was sure if she should let this newly displaced being close to her... She could be dangerous, and maybe even harmful. She had no way to know until she went through the full interrogation. Though, that did not remove the reaction she would hold once she told her story.

Eve was surprised of the premise of her coming, though it couldn't have been as strange as... Axal... or Vordan. "So... this is the second time you were displaced? That is such a rare occurrence, by my superior's standards." It was true, displacing more than once certainly was a rare feat.

"Well..." Her eyes then turned to the red light coming towards them... She was trembling now, eyes wide and she showed hints of concern and fear.

-------------------
Vordan could already tell that whatever numbers had been given to him were wrong. He had to thank the Lords for having decided on reducing the diameter of the blast. The soldiers were running as more flesh-like demons were running towards them... It took seconds before the red light would reach them... And the effects were fascinating; all the living substances, like plants, trees, animals, demons and so on would simply turn to dust on contact with the light.

The soldiers eventually all reached the helicopters... And the light would stop, just a few inches from one of the furthest soldiers. Vordan turned to look... Then sighed heavily and put on a huge smile. "Fuck yes! I knew I had to reduce the damn blast! Woooh!" Vordan was all happy, though the other soldiers simply seemed content at being alive. Vordan looked to his men. "Alright! Since no one's dead, drinks on me tonight!" Now, the cheers came, and people seemed a little less stressed out.

K huffed and let his shirt fall back down. "Hm." He grabbed the notebook back, then paused as he noticed Cross wasn't looking at him. K followed his gaze, then stared at the red light. His gaze held no fear, but slight curiosity as he stared at it expand. He started to see living beings disintegrate, and he began to understand. "Interesting." He began to sketch quickly in his notebook, glancing between the soldiers, the dissolving life forms, and the red light.

"Very interesting." The light stopped just short of one of the soldiers, and K couldn't tell if he was relieved or disappointed by that. He could guess the consequences based on the... relief? Yes, it looked like relief, but seeing them in person would have taught him a lot.

Did that make him a bad person? The thought came suddenly, and for a moment, he dwelled on it before he finished his sketch and shoved his notebook into his bag and looked toward the soldiers, one of whom was offering drinks.

~*~

"Displaced?" She shrugged. "Well, to come out of hell, you have to either walk into it or die, and the dead can't walk out very easily at all, so I suppose so." She paused as she watched the woman's attention wander, and she glanced toward the light. "What's that, now?" The disintegrating life forms gave her a good idea, and good reason to hold no regrets over her decision to reveal herself. "Jesus fuck. That is scary-looking. Like something from a movie." She shook her head, then paused as an absurd thought came to mind. "Man, the people with desk plants in those offices are going to be sad."

She laughed at how utterly inappropriate it was, then shook her head. "Oh, I have no filter on this mouth of mine!"

Rena looked toward Vordan as he shouted about drinks. "Vordan's that one, hm? I like him already."

Everything was safe, for what Cross could figure with Vordan's offer of drinks that night. Did that mean he could drink of the wine of Christ's blood? It would certainly be a treat for himself after having wiped not one, but TWO possible gates that led to the pits of Hell or the Abyss. Regardless of what he would consume that night, Cross would be happy to relax after this one… Even if there was a lot of paper work to do now, especially with two displaced beings coming from the pits of Hell.

Cross looked back to K, coming over to him. "Come on, I'll get you in a seat inside the helicopter." The man offered as he climbed in, offering an arm to lift. "We'll get you to better food and a shower." Cross finally offered a smile, really moving the threat he had with his cold, stoic look.

----------------
Eve let out a long, drawn out breath. The displaced lady had spoken about something that didn't connect with her, since she was still tense about the light. Though, he mention of Jesus and swearing had him look towards Cross, hoping he had not heard that… And thankfully, he didn't. Another relief… Eve looked to the woman, speaking of her mouth. "I wouldn't worry about filters. Some have little." He pointed towards one of the men within the soldiers; it was hard to discern them with their masks still on.

"That guy, he's Hades. His filters are about at zero. His care for human interaction and reactions doesn't bother him in the least…" She leaned in to whisper in her ear. "… You should hear him trying to flirt with a woman. Piss poor, I tell you." Eve couldn't help but smile at this.

Vordan had spoken to a few of his men about getting home and people were beginning to pile into the helicopters. The commanding officer walked over to Eve and Rena. Eve immediately saluted… A Vordan just returned it with a nod. His eyes set on the blanketed displaced woman. "Glad you showed yourself before I had Hades sick spirits after you." The man laughed, looking to her wrist. "We should have that removed soon. I know how it is to have your magic blocked. Sucked when it happened to me." He did a quick head signal to Eve. "Get the helicopter starting, were leaving."

"Yes sir!" The woman gave Rena a last look and smile before she put her mask back on and hopped in.

Vordan walk in and offered a hand for Rena. "Let's go. We don't want to stay too long. Cleanup crew is coming."

That got K's attention, and his eyes trained on Cross... well, Cross's torso. "Food? Shower? Yes." He started to follow, then paused. "Please." He looked at the hand offered, then shifted his sleeve to cover his hand before he took Cross's offered hand. Touching even like this felt all sorts of wrong, and made the skin of his back crawl. "Thanks." He managed as he let Cross help him up. "Big help."

Somehow it didn't feel like enough, but it also felt like too much. People were... hard. Cross was smiling now. K didn't understand the change in the man or its source. To him, the situation was barely changed, and though everyone seemed happy, he didn't understand why, save that the new arrivals had outrun some red light that vaporized life forms inside.

Maybe that was why? In the end, he dismissed the emotional 'garbage' and simply looked around in the helicopter for a seat. He remained near Cross, his covered hand still gripping the older man's hand through the cloth.

~*~

Rena laughed at the mention of piss-poor flirting, then simply shook her head. "Sounds fun."

And then Vordan arrived and said he was glad she made herself known before Hades, who they'd just been speaking about, sicced spirits on her. "Well, my survival instincts haven't betrayed me yet, and they've been telling me to be a good and honest little lady." Her smirk told of anything but innocence, though. "I'll be glad to use my magic again. I like using it to make sex... tingly." She stuck out her tongue, then waved toward Eve. "Take care, Eve, I won't be too far behind, looks like!" She turned her smile onto Vordan and took his hand as she lifted one shoulder to adjust how her tattered top rested on her chest. "Lead on, my lord." Her eyes narrowed as her smiling gaze teased the man.

Cross brought the young man over to one of the further seats, so he would only have to sit beside him and not the other soldiers. "Don't mention it, kid. It's my job." Cross said as he seated himself down, only after having helped K to be comfortable in his seat. "Hopefully, they interrogators won't deny you a shower and food before you need to speak..." He looked over to the soldiers in the back of the helicopter, speaking sternly.

"Listen up! Before we all get to drinking and toying about, we make sure the kid here gets a proper shower and a meal that doesn't taste like dung." The soldiers around looked to Cross, having now removed their masks. For what most could tell, these people were human, mainly Caucasian males in their late twenties early thirties.

One of the soldiers immediately spoke up, an older looking female. "He can use my personal shower."

Another came in, younger man, darker skin. "I've got one of the colleagues who probably has clothes his size."

Two more, speaking at the same time... Who looked like Identical twin brothers, blond hair and blue eyes, maybe early twenties. "We'll whip him up a good meal..." They both came to look at K. "Anything you prefer?" They seemed to be completely in sync when speaking.

Clearly, there was a certain comradery between the people in the helicopter. They all seemed to be on the same wavelength.

----------
"Glad to hear it." Vordan replied to the displaced lady. If only every displaced case could end up like that; with the people cooperating. Even better, one of them was clearly a woman with some spunk, which was always a good thing. A good sense of humor around these parts went a long way. Better yet, she mentioned that her magic helped with some more... intimate situation.

"Oh I know what you mean." He said with a small wink as he helped her up. The word Lord threw him off a little for sure... Not having heard it in such a long time. The commanding officer helped Rena up and took her to a seat, where she would be in between Vordan and Axal. The soldiers were removing their masks and it was the same thing as the other; about the same demographic.

Vordan looked to Rena and looked her up and down. "I imagine you want some clothes before we send you to interrogation?"

K pressed his back hard into the seat as he stared at the amount of people all looking at him, all addressing him at once. He shot a brief glance at Cross, then yanked his coat up to cover his face. He opened his mouth, then closed it again.

He opened it once more to try again before he forced out an answer. "Grilled cheese? Hot dog?" His voice lost volume and gained pitch as he suggested what he usually ordered from restaurants when his mom took him to them. "Spicy... no. No spicy."

His face burned, and he could feel a blush and tears coming on as he tried to hide his face.

~*~

"Yes, please. I prefer something easy to move in, if that's possible." She took the offered seat and settled in, then stretched long and languorous. The shreds of her top lifted with her arms, and then fell before too much could be seen. "I'm happy to be off my feet and surrounded by people who actually act like people." She grinned almost hungrily as she looked around, letting her eyes trail over the various men.

It'd been twenty years too long. She wanted her magic back quickly.

"A shower might be nice, too, unless you want a sample of hell dirt off my skin before then." Her shrug was purposeful as she looked toward Vordan again. "Anything you and yours need, as long as it's not too freaky." She smirked.

Cross saw that all of this attention was not making the boy feel any better about her situation, yet I had to be done. Whatever traumatizing events he went through to make him act as he has so far, or whatever way he was brought up or came from too, would have to be taken only lightly. The W.A.S. had a lot of things to handle around the world, this had to be done quickly, but adequately. Cross wouldn't intervene for now, but instead let the soldiers do their acts of generosity.

The twins both laughed, both from seeing the reaction and the request. "Alright, we'll get you some hotdogs then." There wasn't much more to say as the helicopters left the ground and began taking to the skies. The others around began talking to each other, mainly about the mission, but others, about their lives outside the conventional walls of the W.A.S. and how it felt good to feel normal sometimes.

----------------
Vordan nodded to the request, thinking up someone who might have something for her that wasn't W.A.S. uniforms that she could wear... And it didn't take long to know who would have something for her. "Sure. I know someone who'll help you out with that." Maybe it wasn't the best idea, considering the clear sexual desires this displaced woman held, but he was sure that Natasha could handle herself... Or just go against the books again and bed the woman.

"The interrogators will do what they have to. They are more enticed in taking samples of dirt than us agents..." Vordan had followed her eyes as she devoured the men with them. This helicopter held only two people who really popped out; a young man, maybe mid-twenties, with snow white hair and steel grey irises, and another man, maybe early thirties this time, with darkened skin, sandy hair and... pointed ears? He was smaller than the average man and definitely had sharper physical features. Both were simply conversing with others, occasionally looking towards Vordan and his surroundings.

"Maybe, if you're nice with them, I'll do a full cavity search on yeah." Vordan chuckled, obviously kidding in the way he wished to share potential intentions.

--------------
Once the helicopters hit the air, the voice of Eve came over the comms of all three helicopters. "Our altitude has been reached; all individual prepare for the space warp." With this said, safety belts would attach by themselves and fit comfortably. The people continued to talk, though were now strapped in.

"Thanks." K pressed his back further into the seat. The helicopters began to lift, and the noise grated at K's brain. He clenched his teeth, but kept quiet as he hid in his jacket, only to squeak loudly as straps suddenly bound his arms where they were, holding his jacket over his face. He looked toward Cross, eyes wide as the unlucky trapped idiot stared for help. He squirmed, uncomfortable from noise and confinement. "What?" He choked, having to force the word through a strangling lump in his throat.

Up until getting in, things hadn't been so bad, despite his lack of control over his own malnourished and abused body. Now? Now there was panic in his sunburnt face.

~*~

"That a promise?" She grinned, then paused as she heard the rotors, then felt the movement. "Oh, guess we're taking off?"

The tanned woman yawned suddenly, then wondered just what time of day she'd stepped into hell all those years ago. Straps came from seemingly nowhere and secured themselves: one across her lap, and a pair over each shoulder, with a strap between that rested just under her chest.

She looked down at her breasts as the lowered her arms, to find them pushed up. "Oh look, I have a bra now!" She began to laugh.

Cross looked to the young boy, an eyebrow perked up at the sight of the panic he saw from him. Clearly, this was maybe the first time in a long time he may have been in a helicopter, or simply, he did not like to be held down by a seatbelt like this. The holy man just sighed and came to reassure the young man. "Don't worry. It's just in case something happens during the jump." He reached over and readjusted his jacket so he didn't look like a complete fool.

A few of the soldiers in this helicopter couldn't help but laugh at the reaction; mostly the younger folk. The older members just seemed mildly amused.

------------
A promise? The man laughed again as he shook his head. "Can't promise you anything. They might stick round, vibrating things in ya instead." The man would continue in this exchange of crazy sexual situations. Clearly, whatever she had done, she either hadn't had sexual satisfaction in a long time, or simply, like she implied, hasn't been around anything human or humanoid for a long time.

Though, her attitude and giddiness was a preferred sight over fighting someone to get them under control. Plus, she had a sense of humor, which the others could appreciate. Even to her comment, the others around laughed with her... except for the older looking folk, Axal to her side, and the white haired young man... They seemed a little stiff.

------------
"Hang on tight!" Even said over the intercom system. There was a strange noise that spread within the helicopter and outside of it... It sounded like an electrical discharge. Nothing around, however, seemed to physically change. An envelope of magic surrounded them, and for a few seconds, everything lost mass, waiting to just float away. Most people held on at this point, and when the few seconds passed, it all came back to normal, the helicopter still flying.

K relaxed as Cross adjusted the straps so they didn't bind his arms, then grunted in acknowledgement. "Thanks." He managed. The laughter made his ears and face burn all the more, and he retreated into silence. This reminded him of school.

He hid his face further in his jacket, though his ears and forehead remained visible and quite red. His throat felt painfully tight, and he swallowed nervously. The shift suddenly to weightlessness didn't help his state, and he didn't even seem to notice it over his own embarrassment and nerves.

~*~

"Incubus!" She accused as she shivered, a smile on her lips as she noticed the stiffer ones. Her eyes gleamed with mischief as her mind went to places such as seeing how much of her heavy-handed flirting they could take before they ran away. That would be fun, but later. After she got some satisfaction. The way she felt now, so sexually frustrated she wanted to find something to grind on right now... "I must have been planning on seducing the thing and getting frustrated when I followed it into hell, the way I am right now." She laughed, then realized she said it out loud. With a shrug, she looked at Vordan. "Where I'm from, if you go into hell in a certain state, you come out worse than you went in."

A simple explanation that might help them.

On that topic, she remembered something else from before she entered hell, and she looked directly at Vordan, only to pause as she felt a tickle in her belly as it felt like gravity lifted. She blinked, then grinned at the brief sensation before she settled back into her seat with gravity's pull. "That was fun. I don't suppose we get to do that again?"

She already forgot what she was about to say.

Of course the kid would feel embarrassed, right? Seeing the reaction, he shot a glare at the younger folk, which immediately had them shut their mouths. The older ones would only come to shrug and roll their eyes. Most of the younger folk regarded Cross as some kind of father figure to most. He had caught more bullets for other than any other current member of this squad... Even Vordan didn't come close.

He looked to the boy and put a gentle tap on his shoulder. "It's alright there. We're landing anyway..." He pointed towards the older woman. "... She'll bring you to a shower right as we get off, alright?" He simply wanted to reassure the kid.

The older woman simply nodded back, confirming they would do so.

---------
"Yeah, I wish." The man laughed. Incubuses had it right; free of all the shackles except that of the flesh and pleasures... They were also cunningly deadly and more than capable of going on a rampaging murder streak. The woman continued on a strange course, which had most not laugh along... Only a select few, such as Vordan, the dark skinned, pointed eared man and a few others were laughing with her.

"You certainly seemed to have gone through much, miss." The sandy haired, pointed eared one said with a smile. The thickness of his accent was unavoidable... Which meant he clear did not speak English as a primary language... Though he was able to make proper structure in his sentences.

Vordan laughed and shrugged to Rena. "Maybe. It all depends on what happens after the interrogation. You might just be taken to a city to live a normal life, be taken in as an agent of our organization, be gangbanged in the open shower rooms, or the locker rooms. Fate can be odd sometimes." He gave her a cheesy smile with that.

-------------
The helicopters came to settle down onto ground. The seat belts were taken off and the doors slid open. What you could see, without going outside yet, was clearly a raised helipad of some sort, with a few other non-used helicopters around and a few people coming to great them, their faces hidden and armed to the teeth. Soldiers began pouring out of their seats.

Cross, for his part, waited until everyone was out but him, K and the older lady. Only then would he offer K some help to get back up and out.

Vordan did the same on his point; he wanted until everyone poured out until he would help Rena up and towards the exit.

------------
Once they would be outside, it would be clear they landed on a building. Around, there were a few smaller buildings, something that looked to be a sports complex, and many house sized buildings. A few people were walking around, mostly masked, armed guards.

Status
Not open for further replies.