• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Gavin nodded, and let Caden head back to his and Laurana's room. The rest of the palace was quiet, calm for a change and he simply sat at Chastianna's bed side, watching her as she rested. He breathed a sigh of relief.. "Parents do such stupid things to their children.. We won't. We will be wonderful." He said, leaning back a bit and closing his eyes for a moment.~

Lauranna smiled at Caden, her son stirring slightly, but was soon asleep, having just fed. He was such a calm child, for which she was thankful. Not much aside from a lot of anger and loud noise, seemed to disturb this sleepy prince. "I'm fine, worry head... come sit with me?" She said, patting the spot beside her. She loved spending time with her family, and wouldn't endanger this babe inside her. She fully intended to stay in bed and had several books from the library and a few word searches to work on. She was good at keeping boredom at bay. "How's Gavin holding up?" She asked, hoping he and Chastianna would be okay. "Crackers..? I could eat a sandwich- I think Theresa made some grilled cheese and soup for lunch.." She said, definitely hungry!

Xavier made Marianna smile when he said he liked to hear birds singing and that he liked to draw! "You will have to show me your drawings... I bet they are good. I loved listening to birds first thing in the morning as well when I woke up in the woods. Some of the songs are quite energetic.." She added. Then, they were at the destination and she got down from the wagon,all serious again. "In my free time.. I sew, mend clothes, gather fruits and nuts, sometimes fish.. oh .. you meant hobbies." She blushed. "Haven't had a lot of time.. and Cain is certainly awake. We -do- have healers .. I think Princess Claire is one, yes? I can have Rook and Cain bring her or just Cain...?" She focused her mind again.. <Cain, sorry again, but we are in a situation, Many of the women in this village are ill. Some have small children and there is no water here because of the poachers... This is something princess Claire can remedy... Could you fly to the palace and bring her and Rook over here? I will give you directions.> She added silently. <Pff. No need. Sense where you are. I will fly over and see if Princess Claire is well enough for this kind of thing.> He took off then, diving through the clouds until he found the princess and Rook on the balcony. <Sorry guys- Claire, you're looking much better today... we need you guys in the forest of Mumford's village... Can you help? Your healing and weather magic are greatly needed.> She looked at Rook and grinned.. *Spoke too soon- Rook, will you go grab some sort of candy bar from my room?* She asked, standing closer to the dragon. *Of course I'll help. It's the least I can do for what you guys have done for me.* She added. Cain smiled at her. <You're a good person, Princess Claire. Don't let any one say otherwise.. and .. burn that damned box.> She nodded. As soon as they arrived in the woods, some few miles away, Claire slid off Rook's back and hurried to the first woman who was ill. Her son looked hopeful and she smiled at him. The others knew to let her work, and she spent time, healing woman after woman and then finally, managed to call a gentle rain to fall across the barren lands with only a small cut on her arm that she squeezed out until it hit the forest floor. She didn't have time to see if she could use the needle and vile, because she had forgotten to bring it, but she promised Rook she'd have the cut healed as soon as they got back home. Still, she was more careful than she usually was, and didn't let it bleed too much after the clouds gathered and let the rain fall. This rain would continue for at least a couple of days. She'd healed at least fifteen women, but her head was woozy, and she occasionally stumbled. Claire wasn't used to using so much at once, usually it was one or the other- rarely both. Still, she fought down the waves of spiraling dizziness, and kept going. She couldn't let Rook even help her renew her core, since they still hadn't found any solutions.. "Anymore people to heal? I think I can manage a few more." She added, leaning heavily against a wagon.

Marianna certainly didn't mind doing her part, and took the heavy jugs of water, making sure each house had water to drink! "I can manage- but I think Claire's going to pass out soon..Is she without Core-restoration of some sort?" She asked, noticing how quickly the girl drained herself. Claire was pale, shaking, but still going house to house, not even thinking of her own safety or wellness. That couldn't be good...

Claire found one particular hut however where the entire family was sick! As the rain continued falling, she took extra time, drawing from some unknown reserve of strength even when her eyes were half closed and she kept feeling like a tunnel waited for her to fall through. She pushed it away, healed all five family members ... and didn't make it out the door before she fell against it, cursing mentally and hitting her head fairly sharp on the door knob. The man she'd healed winced, but since he was recovered, he was the one who brought the poor girl out... "I'm sorry my king- the girl fell over healing us..." he explained, then noticed the beautiful, cool rain.... She had probably saved the entire village!

Irena gasped and almost fell out of the tree she'd been watching from! That princess was incredible... she'd had to have healed almost 30 people on her own -and- summoned a rain storm! That was impressive. She made her way over to them, done hiding.. "Forgive me, but my name is Irena. There's a house over here, she can rest there.. I suggest you bring another healer though.. She's not looking too good." She added. The house she'd mentioned was hers' though she hardly used it. But there was a bed, a fire place, not much else..~

Tamsin smiled at Lazar, and was glad to go with him to the lab! She hurried there with him and called out, "Hey Aldin, Aria, Ellisar, anyone here? We've got a few questions.." She said, trying to see if they were in their rooms...

Chastianna slept for a bit longer but she gasped and was disoriented grabbing onto the blankets. She soon realized she was in bed and Gavin was there and she released her grip on the blanket. Her voice was small and sad when she spoke, "is it over?" she asked turning toward him on the bed. tears were already there in her eyes but she was trying to hold them back.

Caden chuckled, "Why would I worry?" he asked with a smirk, "You have a glorious history of resting and doing as your told." He teased. "Let me go get you some food then and I'll cuddle with you then...have to keep your strength up." He pressed a kiss to her lips, "I'll be right back..." he promised and left to get some food from the kitchen.

Rook went with Claire, honestly he wasn't thinking he could feel right ever letting her out of his sight ever again. He flew along with her during each healing and he could see how tired she was getting. *I need to help you Claire...* he said and then she'd hear the frustrated growling in his mind knowing he couldn't. He was struggling to keep himself together by the end of the day. He was glad other people were telling her how wonderful she was, maybe she'd eventually believe it. He saw his opportunity to help her his mind reached out for Naild, who was the easiest for him to speak with besides Claire. *Naild...please tell them i will go and get another healer and return...it's the only way I can help Claire...*

Naild nodded, "Prince Rook is going back to get another healer. He has to help Claire. He's about frantic."

Jorga nodded, "Good...do it. I'll watch her. She'll be safe."

Rook was no longer the tiny jade dragon but the mighty black and his large head nodded to the king. He flew back to the palace in through the large hole in the tower. He landed and transformed into his human form and pulled on the clothes he was becoming accustomed to leaving there for just this emergency. he ran down the steps and by luck or not, ran into Caden returning from the kitchen with food for his wife. "We came upon and entire village full of ill people. Clair went and healed all of them...thirty I think..She'd falling over...she called rain too...her arm needs healed...can you come?"

Caden nodded, "Just a second...have to feed the wife." He went into their room and set the food down close to Lauranna. "I promise as soon as I get back we will snuggle. Claire tried to heal a whole village alone..." He sighed and kissed her, "I love you both...be back as soon as I can." He turned then and left with Rook. They ran up the tower stairs and room took off the clothes and stripped naked, "I'm losing too many clothes...sorry..." he was then the black dragon and motioned for him to get into the saddle. They were the off and back to the village in less than five minutes. He landed with a thud, not caring for his own comfort. Some of the healed children were totally amazed by him and Cain. They wanted to pet and touch and Rook allowed it without complaint. He needed something to keep his mind off Claire's condition.

Caden hopped off and looked around and was soon pointed to a small hut. He went in and found Jorga and Claire in there. "Why does she do this?" he asked as he came to her side quickly. "Even I would have had you send for another healer..." She'd attempted a suicide mission trying to be useful. He got that, but she really needed to learn when to stop...Caden touched her arm and frowned at the cut. He healed that first and then began to slowly restore her core magic. He could only fill the healing portion of it because he didn't have the storm calling magic to give her. She'd still be weak and tired. He looked at Jorga, "She is going to need to rest until tomorrow...if she tried to leave this hut tie her down. I mean it." He was serious, "I can't fully restore her core...I don't possess that kind of magic. Healing isn't her main power that's why it drains her so fast." He frowned, "I really need to talk to her about it...make her understand...she's not going to be any good to anyone if she's dead." he wasn't known for mincing words and he was at his finest at the moment. "I'll go check and see if there are any others...and see if I can figure our what caused this in the first place."

Jorga nodded, "I'll keep her here." he said, "She was trying to help..."

"I know...Just like my wife. Tries to do everything herself...I scold her as well." He said and then left the hut and went to check everyone and ask questions about when this started and how the symptoms began and when. He noticed that there were only three men in the village and tipped his head a bit and asked why.

The man who'd carried Claire out of his hut stepped forward, "The sickness came when the water dried up. There was an odd smell in the air and everyone slowly became sick. A man came and said it was King Jorga's fault and most of the men followed him." He shook his head and looked around, "They were fools...I tried to tell them those men were the cause of our problems but no one listened to me."

Caden furrowed his brows, "An odd smell? Can you describe it?"

"It's funny but it almost smelled like cookies..."

Caden nodded, "Thank you." He went back to Jorga, "It's good she made it rain but...we have a problem..." He drug a hand through his hair, "They used arsenic to poison these people...they somehow made it air born...and now because of the rain it's in the soil...how can we heal poisoned soil? Do any of your people have that power?"

Aldin lifted his head up from the book he was studying, "I am...something wrong?" Seemed like people only came down ehre when soemthing was wrong.

Ellisar came in from another room, "Oh hello Princess...Lazar..." And then he was back to his machine without further notice of them.

Lazar rushed over, knowing Ellisar, "Whoa...before you get buried in that...I need some things..." He said quickly.

Ellisar made a impatient gesture, "What kind of things?"

"An emerald, a peacock feather, garlic..." And her made a sound and opened the book and read, "Oh yeah..and lead shavings."

Ellisar looked at him like he'd lost his mind, "Why would I have that stuff?"

Lazar shrugged, "You have everything."

Ellisar huffed and made his way to the great wall of everything. "Peacock feather....garlic..."

Aldin handed him a lead pencil, "This center is lead..you can shave it easily."

Lazar smiled, "thank you. It's for Rook's cure."

Ellilsar tipped his head, "no emerald...sorry...maybe one of the royals can make one..."

Aldin had an eraser in his hand and he wished he could help, for Rook's sake. He felt something digging into his hand and he looked down and the eraser had changed into an emerald. "Wow...here...is this big enough?"

Lazar blinked, "It'll do nicely...how did you do that?"

Aldin shrugged, "I have no idea...I am still figuring it out. I wished I could help."

Lazar smiled, "Thought manipulation. Nice...keep wishing..you'll get it." Ok...now I'm off to heal a dragon. Wish us luck!"

• Love
Reactions: Maggie
Gavin hugged Chastianna close, sending her lots of soothing energy to help calm her. "Shh... yes love. Laurana was simply fantastic... She saw your pain at not having any kids, and she saved a few of the eggs. She let Caden put one of your eggs inside her stomach and she's agreed to birth OUR son.. He'll be healthy, strong and beautiful. She didn't want you to miss out on being a mother. So she is giving birth again soon after having her own child." He said, obviously still quite awed by such a gesture..~

Tamsin helped Lazar carry all the things back out of the lab. "Thanks Ellisar, Aldin. We'll let you know if it's successful. Cool talent Aldin." She added, then poked Ellisar. "Don't be grumpy- be happy." She teased, then hurried out of the lab with Lazar. She hoped Lazar knew what to do with these things because she was clueless! "So what do we do now?" She asked Lazar as they headed back to his house.

Claire pouted at Caden... *Sorry... I forget my core doesn't regenerate sometimes.. I never could figure out why- but usually when I wake up from these episodes I just eat a candy bar or something with sugar, and I am fine. It's a weird glitch I've always had.* She said apologetically to Caden and her father. Rook already knew her downside to her magic.

Irena listened to what Caden was saying and it made sense to her. "I can.. I'll need to focus, but I can send energy into the soil and it will spread through out the whole land and purify it. I only wish I'd known what the land was trying to tell me earlier." She had heard the earth crying out but it had all been extremely muffled... Now she concentrated, and her body began glowing blue- then green. She sent an energy ball straight into the ground, and watched the soil shift to healthier coloring, same with the barks of trees and branches as well as the water. Every trace of arsenic the horrible poachers had used on the poor land was now gone. She felt fine, not even tired or dizzy. "One of the poachers attempted to cause me harm the night they raided here.. He didn't make it out alive." She added shrugging. If it had been wrong to end their lives, she couldn't really bring herself up to feel badly.~

Cain entertained all the healed children and let them perch upon his tail, occasionally swishing it like a swing! Many of the other kids liked Rook's dark shiny wings and pet them, in awe.~

Chastianna blinked and pushed up and looked at him, "She did what?" tears were now streaming down her face. "Our son?" she gasped and covered her mouth as tears fell. her arms wrapped around his neck then and she held on. "Oh Gavin....a baby....our baby...." She couldn't believe it and she was shaking at the thought of it.

Ellisar rolled his eyes at her, "I am BUSY...not grumpy." And then went back to his fan machine.

Aldin smiled, "Thanks...I would agree if I knew how to use it a bit more effectively."

Lazar grabbed her hand as they went back to his house. "We have to make an amulet to capture the magic in..." he said as they entered his house again. He put the items on the table next to the desk and got out a small cauldron looking thing. He put the peacock feather in it and shaved the lead into it as well. He crushed up the garlic and added that. He pulled out his wand and fire flew from it and into the cauldron and soon the three items were nothing but ashes. "Perfect..." he said and then grabbed the emerald. "Now comes the tricky part."

Caden heard her but he didn't have that ability with anyone but his wife. "You need to remember things like that though. What if I hadn't been able to come Claire? You were almost magically dead. None of us can recover a dead core." He turned to the woman in the corner, "This is good...thank you. I would be worried about the animals too since the water may be tainted. I'll speak to Naild about it." He left the hut and went to find Naild, "Hey ...can you talk to your friends and tell them not to drink anything for about an hour...it's poisoned...but it's being cleansed...it will just take a bit..."

Naild nodded and crouched down and let his fingers sink into the soil. Odd how it didn't matter if the soil was soft or hard his fingers just slid into it. His mind reached out to all the animals and insects in the land and gave them instructions. Soon a trail of ants appeared and spelled out 'message heard' He looked at Caden, "done...Apparently."

Gavin smiled and gently brushed away Chastianna's tears. "See. I told you, there were alternatives. Your half sister is just a miracle worker." He chuckled, holding her close, rubbing her back. "And Laurana may even be able to have more children for us- if that is what you would like.." He added, running his fingers through her hair.~

Aria grinned at Busy-grumpy Ellisar and continued helping by handing him things he needed or helping him to adjust his fan machine! The breeze that came out of that contraption felt really cold, so it was definitely working!

Claire managed to nod at Caden's words. She wondered why her core was defective in that way, but she would refrain from using so much next time. She slept again, a little grumpy herself that she'd been sleeping so much lately! Sleeping on the job wasn't something she cared to do. But since she was still recovering, she was just glad she didn't have to drink that laudanum stuff again! eeeew...

Irena continued moving through the woods, speeding up the healing process, even letting the energy course through the animals who'd been affected by the poison. She would manage to eradicate the entire land from the poison, and the rain would help refresh the crops and nature.

Marianna tended to the recovering families, helping them with supplies they would need, and assuring many of the youngsters that the dragons were perfectly safe.~

Tamsin watched Lazar work but seemed at a loss as to how to help! "Do we need any other ingredients?" She asked. "Or do we need Rook here? I think he and Claire have left though..." She added, worriedly.~

Last edited:
Chastianna leaned back and looked at him, "why would she do that?" she asked honestly like him totally shocked that she'd be willing to do it, especially since she just gave birth to her own son not long ago. "Would you want more?" she asked as she held onto him. "I didn't think we'd have any children of our own...one is enough and then we can help little ones with no mom or dad have a loving home..."

Ellisar was mumbling under his breath about not being grumpy as he worked. No one understood him, that much was crystal clear to him, but then, he didn't really understand other people as a rule either. he accepted aria's help as always but he never thought of her as more than a helper. She was like a kid sister, an annoying one at that. he huffed and kept working.

Aldin was at the other end of the large worktable trying to turn things from one elemental thing to another. He started with a piece of coal and thought about making it into a diamond. He was surprised when it worked. He had the fleeting thought that there were people who pay good money for such a talent, luckily he wasn't a man after riches of that kind. He looked up at Aria, helping Ellisar and smiled. She seemed to be around more and not running away every second. He was glad. He liked having her around. His heart was still pining for Serena unfortunately, but it was slowly fading as he saw her with her family and happy. He knew that was where she belonged but it didn't make it any easier to watch.

Rook was playing with the kids but his thoughts were always on Claire. *Um...maybe you are not defective.* he said a little softly in her mind *Maybe you just needed me. My core fills...and it has always seemed a useless thing to me until I met you.* His mind smiled and she'd feel it. *We were made for each other and we seemed broken until our pieces fit together.*

Xavier as well was doling out provisions assuring everyone that the king had indeed been sending them as always and that the POACHERS were the ones stealing them.

The man who's whole family had been healed approached Xavier again, "I was wondering..." he asked a bit hesitantly, "What has become of Mumford? Some soldiers came and took Ginnia away but they told us nothing of Mumford. I know he didn't want to join those men but he had no work or food left...and I had none to spare anymore." He frowned, "I just wanted to be sure Ginnia is safe and well..."

Xavier nodded and turned to the man, "Mumford had joined the king's royal guards under my command and Ginnia is safe in the palace tower with him. He was instrumental in helping us find and eliminate the poachers." he looked at the man and at the rest of the village, "What is your name sir? If I may ask."

"Duncan Sir."

Xavier nodded, "Excuse me Duncan...I have many more huts to visit with provisions." The man stepped back and seeing Marianna doing the same went to help her carry things. He figured Xavier didn't need help. Xavier went into the hut where Claire was and crouched down beside the king, "There are only three men here and only one seems inclined to be useful. His name is Duncan and he has been checking on people and asking about Mumford and Ginnia. Perhaps he could be left in charge here? He seems willing to communicate as well."

Jorga was holding Claire's hand as they sat there. He listened to Xavier and nodded, "Have Naild talk to him and offer the option. They need to get used to Naild being in charge. It won't be long before he is..."

Xavier nodded. He did agree with that statement. He could see Jorga losing the fire for his position daily. He was being beaten down and unsure of himself now and it was showing. he went and found Naild and explained what he was to do.

Naild walked with him to find Duncan. Once they found him helping Marianna, Naild extended his hand to the man. "I am Naild, son of Robert and grandson of Keylen. I would like to ask if you would be willing to be the head of this village and keep in contact with us at the palace so we can meet your needs and send help when you need it. You have shown that you care for all the people here and are willing to help and give of yourself. Just the kind of man we need in leadership here." He smiled then, "Will you accept?"

Duncan hadn't realized the son of Keylen had a son, but he could well see the resemblance now that it was pointed out to him. He was shocked by the offer and bowed his head in humility, "I am not worthy ..."

Naild placed a hand on his shoulder, "I say you are."

Duncan straightened a bit, "Then I must accept. Thank you. It will be good to know we have a voice at the palace." he looked unsure for a moment and then spoke, "May I suggest that we meet together at regular times to make our needs and success known?"

Naild smiled, "That is an excellent idea. I will recommend to the King that we do so."

Duncan nodded and went back to helping Marianna. It took three hours to get provisions to every hut and to be sure every family was able to move forward with comfort.

Xavier was looking around, "Has anyone seen Irena?"

Lazar shook his head, "We don't need Rook until the amulet is made. I need something to hold the gem...a setting or necklace or something..." He rummaged around for something and grumbled. "I was sure..." he muttered as he opened one drawer after another. finally he found what he was looking for, "Ahh..here it is..." He pulled out a long brooch with a pin on the back. It was ornate and beautiful. "It was my mothers.." he said as he proceeded to pry the pearl out of it and then the other smaller stones. "This should fit the emerald...but there can be nothing but the emerald on the amulet...other gems would interfere with the magical flow." He explained as he worked.

• Love
Gavin smiled at Chastianna with love and hope in his eyes.. "Because she loves you, Chastianna. And she is happy to find loopholes of any kind, especially when evil would love to win at every turn. And she wanted to make up for the damages that taking away your uterus.. or baby-making parts had caused. She's a loving soul, Chastianna- she's taken more than her fair share of enemies and abuse, even while on that other planet. But she's strong, she just doubts herself, and second guesses herself as a lot of us do." He was glad she was alright. "Are you hungry? We can have more kids later.. I plan on giving Laurana a break after this one..." He added lightly.

Claire thought about what Rook said.. she -did- need him. He'd so far, been the only other person who could restore her drained core. She hadn't meant to drain it so fast today, but when she got caught up in things, she didn't slow down until everything was taken care of. Her father knew how stubborn she could be...*Of course.. that does make sense Rook. I hope when we get back to the palace we can finally figure out how to untaint your core and magic.. I do feel best when you help my core- your magic restores it faster than twenty candy bars. I love that you're still around and that you keep so positive, where as I struggle to smile. ...* She said replied, always glad to talk to Rook. She held Jorga's hand softly, even asleep, feeling terrible for her father as well.. *Dad... you ARE the best king.. I don't know if you can hear me.. but I love you...sorry if I've made things so difficult..* She said, wishing she could wake up and say that. But unconsciousness held her. ..

Marianna caught a moment to take a few deep breaths, she'd been darting from house to house, enlisting some of the men's help, and filling up cabinets, and refrigerators as fast as she could. Not to mention there were fresh blankets, cleaning supplies, and other things that every house needed to have. "I think I saw Irena move further to the woods, she's still healing the soil and animals..." she added, struggling with one of the heavier barrels of fresh, pure water to place inside one elderly lady's house. She got it set in a corner, then went back out to the wagons. Almost every house was now fully stocked, and it made her feel better, knowing she was helping with this.

Irena soon had the healing magic spread -itself- throughout the entire land, going even further than where their village was located. She watched the soil turn lighter, the trees revive and the animals become well a moment longer, then walked back to Xavier and the others. "Right here. Land is healed now- should be no further signs of Arsenic or any other poison in any of the land of Malthen Ana." She said.

Back in the Lab, it made Aria a little sad, knowing Aldin still had great love for Serena, but she stayed anyway. She watched him turn the coal into a diamond and blinked. "Again. Wishing I had powers besides shifting.." She sighed. She finished the fan-machine by adjusting a few of the blades in the front, and checked the wires. It should run perfectly smooth.

Tamsin smiled at the locket Lazar held. It really was beautiful..."That's a big sacrifice.. Lazar. Are you sure you can part with it? I am sure I have some sort of jewelry or locket I don't use anymore in my room at the palace.." She offered, not wanting him to feel like he had to part with such an amulet from his childhood. He hadn't told her much about his parents, or his former life as a human before Malthen Ana. But she sensed it wasn't easy for him to talk about either.

Chastianna smiled at his words, "She really is...I'm in awe of her." she admitted, "I don't feel I can compare in any way...but I am grateful for what she is doing." her eyes were shining, "We have a son on the way...what shall we call him?" she wondered. She wanted to choose something meaningful, special but she also had a desire to honor the ones giving them the gift. She really was torn. At the mention of food her stomach spoke for her as it often did, "When am I NOT hungry Gavin?" She chuckled and then laughed at his comment about giving Lauranna a break, "Well...maybe she and Caden will want another child of their own...I don't want to take that from them either."

Jorga did hear her, "OH Claire Sweetheart...I wish I was a better father to you. I am trying to be better now, but I know it's too late to make up for being too busy in the past."

Rook had kids climbing all over him and he was patiently taking their slight abuse in good humor. *I think this is why my mother put the spell on my core...I've been thinking about it. She must have realized that my odd ability had to be the perfect match for someone and that when i found her I would be happy and have a purpose. So she tried to steal it from me. She was so bitter that my father did not love her as she wanted. I wish she had been different but she was petty. I know I was meant for you. We are the post parts of one another. I feel it deeply. I also know Lazar will find the answer. Have faith Claire...have faith.*

Xavier was about to help Marianna when he realized she was finished with her task. "You need to take a beak....you look flushed and tired." he looked over and saw Irena and nodded, "Thank you. that could have been a serious problem." he motioned to the hut that belonged to her, "We need to let Princess Claire rest for the day. Do you have somewhere to sleep?"

Aldin looked up when she spoke, "Why?" he asked sincerely. "I think your ability is amazing...I would love to know what it felt like to fly." He looked out the window for a second and then back at her. "or swim under the waters freely and explore or run with the wolves...so many things...I am quite jealous honestly." he was smiling as he looked at her. She really was a lovely woman, and he did enjoy her company. She deserved far better though.

Ellisar watched the fan work and clapped his hands, "It works! now it just has to be placed in a spare room and the king will see how amazing it is...and ask for them to be in EVERY room!"

Aldin blinked, "That would be a LOT of fans...how long would it take to build that many?"

Ellisar shrugged, "About half a year probably...but it would be well worth the time."

Lazar looked up at her, "No it's fine. This piece was already magically enchanted so i know it will receive the magic and hold it." He could tell she had questions. The answers weren't pleasant. She'd never asked about his past and he'd always been very grateful. "So...I can see you are thinking it...why am I so willing to give this up..." he said as he finished cleaning all the gems off of the piece. "My parents were gypsies...they were in the business of conning people out of money with parlor tricks. One day I happened up this wand in a magic store. it was supposed to be a toy but in my hands it was truly magical. I studied and practiced and they used my skills to rake in a lot of money. they never allowed me to have friends or play because they needed me to work for them and make money." He sighed, "When I was fifteen I ran away and I was lost in the forest for a long time. I'm not sure how long...but I stumbled up an old house. Inside were books...these books to be exact. I read and studied and practiced and then I kind of fell in with a bad group and began to bounty hunt for exotic creatures and things. After things finally fell apart I hid away. I tried to make an amulet to contain my magic and stop it from every being used again, but instead it cracked open and the flash of light blinded me and when i was able to see again i was here." he looked at her then and shrugged, "I never thought they loved me...using this doesn't hurt me...I'm glad it can help someone."

• Love
Gavin smiled as she seemed so much happier. "You are every bit as wonderful as your half sister. The two of you have a lot in common... perhaps you should spend more time with your family. I'll be helping defeat the dark bitche- I mean hags. And I don't want you in harm's way. Or Laurana either. She could probably help you practice your magic too. Although she's on bed rest right now for the duration of her pregnancy." He added. He thought about food as well. "If we get there in time I think there is grilled cheese and tomatoe soup. Shall we go downstairs? If you're ready that is.. if anything hurts at all, I can bring it up here." He added, standing to his feet. It was up to her. "We'll probably find a book of names in the library, or Rebecca can. She hasn't left that place ... jeez, it's been all day." He ran a hand through his hair.

Claire smiled slightly in her sleep, but even it was sad. *Dad, no.. I don't ever want you to feel guilty for being a king first. It's not your fault I'm not as resilient and sturdy like Tamsin. She had all the brave genetics and is a great sister. I sometimes wish I was more like her... Scary and intimidating. Believe me it wasn't your fault at all those people decided to gang up on me and exclude me from everything. I miss you though, and hopefully I can help out on more missions like this. It's definitely the perfect thing that keeps my mind busy ... * She assured him. *Rook, your mom was probably pure evil even when her husband was still there... I just pray she doesn't ruin your magic or your core... but I do believe in Lazar. He's been working like crazy and finding all kinds of answers already..I love you.* She said.

Marianna stood still, next to Xavier. He was right, she was definitely overworking again and did not want to collapse. She caught a glimpse of the two dragons entertaining the kids, and even a few adults were in awe of them, it made her smile. Irena nodded, "The poachers were careless oafs. I probably sent more energy than was necessary, but I tend to get protective over the earth. Claire finished healing the village and the rain will clear everything else and restore the water supply. . . I could sleep on the floor. It's fine. Or even in a tree branch. Marianna dear, good to see you again." Marianna grinned. "You too, Irena... quite a lot of things got accomplished today." She said, grateful that things had turned out so well. The two had often visited in the woods during the day time and caught up on gossip in Malthen Ana.

Aria smiled at Aldin. "Flying is a favorite. It helps clear my head..I tend to be a bit accident prone in the other forms though. Your talent is pretty neat- turning things into something else....wonder if it works on people?" She asked. Turning to Ellisar she was pretty impressed with that fan! "A year? Yikes.. we'd better start on another one then.. We'll have these in every room..." She added confidently. She didn't believe she deserved better. She accepted Aldin. He was very kind... who would want better?

Tamsin winced and hugged Lazar close.. It sounded like his parents weren't very good people. "I'm sorry, you endured that, Lazar. I am glad you're away from them and living a much better life now. And hopefully soon all the issues of others will be resolved and we can definitely spend more time together..." She added, kissing his cheek lightly. She sat with him throughout the day, more comfortable here than anywhere else.~

Chastianna nodded, "I will...promise." She swung her legs off the bed and stood carefully. she felt odd but ok so far. her stomach felt strange but she wasn't in pain. She took a few steps and reached for him. "I think I'll be ok...and it would be nice to spend time with Lauranna and the baby, I can practice changing diapers and burping and such while I'm learning magic too." She held his hand and they went to the dining room. She smiled at Theresa, "How are you today Theresa?" she asked, "Thank you for all your hard work. This looks delicious." She sat down and looked at Gavin, "Why is Rebecca in the library? where is Naild?"

Jorga smiled sadly, "I was never meant to be king Claire. I am a warrior. I wasn't trained and I had no leader to help me. I neglected things because I had to research every decision and every law. I don't want to do that to Naild. I want him to know things before he takes the throne so he's able to rule with confidence and not have to sacrifice his family time. I'm tired Claire...I'm ready for this to be over."

Naild had just entered the hut and heard that speech. his eyes misted hearing Jorga's confession and his struggles to be a good leader for the people. His respect for the man rose a little hearing it. He approached, "I spoke with Duncan as you requested and he has accepted and has asked that we have meetings every so often so that they may relate both good and bad on a regular basis. think that is a very good idea, what do you say?"

Jorga smiled, "I agree. It will be done once a quarter. And if that seems too long then once a month. We will see how it goes." He looked at the boy, "How goes it getting supplies to everyone?"

"All done. Every family has food, clean water and fabric for clothing. We also left new blankets for all."

"Good good...We need to make camp then for our people. We need to stay here for the night at least. Claire cannot be moved yet."

Naild nodded, "I'll see to that. You stay here with her." He stood then and made his way out to Xavier, "The king says we need to make camp, since Claire cannot be moved."

Xavier tipped his head and motioned for him men to fall into formation. "Ready camp for the night. We will bunk down here and continue on in the morning." The men disbursed and began setting up tents in an amazingly short amount of time. They had a large tent for the women, and another large one for the men, and three others for Naild, Xavier and the king. Once the tents were ready the men began to put bedding and pillows in each and made sure there were enough for every member of their group. One of the men began making a huge firepit and cooking food for the group. Soon the aroma of roasting venison and potatoes was wafting around the village.

Xavier then turned to Irena, "No need for sleeping on the ground. We have room in the tent there. Please bed down with the women." Then he went and found Marianna, "How are you doing?" he asked, "you have been working very hard today...can I get you anything?"

Aldin smiled when she spoke of flying. And then she asked if his powers could work on people and he looked at her a bit shocked, "Why would I want to change people?" he asked seriously, "I would never want to change you. You are beautiful just the way you are." At least he thought she was. He couldn't speak for others.

Lazar shrugged, "everyone has both good and bad in their past...I just have a little more bad than good, but I like my life now...and who i have become." He kissed her softly, "Most of that is due to you...and my desire to win your heart..." He looked back at the amulet, "Better get this thing done so we can get started on those 8 hours." he winked. He sat and with a small eyepiece on his eye began to attach the gem to the brooch using tiny welds made with an odd looking filament that glowed as he used it.

Gavin chuckled. "I'll learn too, don't worry.." They made their way downstairs and he kept his arm around her waist, steadying her in case she felt tired or weak. Theresa smiled to see them both, and made sure they had plenty of the grilled cheese and soup. "Well, Rook and Claire are on a mission with King Jorga and Niald. They had to send a second healer already as Claire drained herself healing the women and she had to purify the waters with a thunderstorm.. But they will probably be back tomorrow I hope." She added. "Rebecca hasn't budged from the library, or even used her own room to sleep in. Her core was restored by Lazar, and she's been plenty occupied with studying and practicing the use of her magic again." She smiled. "I'm fine, just busy as always. You two have a good lunch- I'll be cleaning and making supper." She added, then left them. The palace gleamed spotlessly and everyone else had been tended to as well.

*I understand dad... I really do.* Claire said as Niald went out to help set up camp for everyone. She felt bad for taking Irena's bed even for one night. But it was fairly comfortable and she managed to get the rest she needed.. Though when she woke up she would still need candy... She looked forward to when she could have Rook heal her core again, it always felt so amazing the way it pulsed.... She wasn't even afraid of it now, knowing about the curse from his mother. She slid further into sleep though, completely wiped out, and cold.~

Irena nodded thanking Xavier. "Looks comfortable." She said, admiring the height and the depth of the tents. The smells of cooking were floating through the air, and anyone who was hungry was welcome to feast with them. Marianna accepted a plate of potatoes and venison, and sat next to Xavier.. "I'm fine, thanks.. You guys did most everything else." She said reassuringly. She felt very tired as well, but had been going strong and didn't feel too badly. "Are you doing alright?" She asked.

Back in the lab, Aria blushed bright red.. She hadn't expected him to change her- but it was nice, hearing how he thought she was beautiful... Others usually looked at her and scoffed at her long hair and her flighty ways..no one really seemed to admire or think much of her at all. But Aldin was so sweet..~

Tamsin giggled at the 8 hour comment, she looked forward to that as well! "Sweety.. you already have my heart.." She promised him, kissing his cheek, then went back to reading a book of his as he worked on the amulet. She never crowded him when he was busy or threw off his concentration if she could help it!~

Chastianna grinned, "You better!' she challenged, "We're in this thing together!" They were fed and she listened to the report from Theresa, "This is wonderful..just the perfect thing to warm me up and take the edge off that hunger." She frowned at the news about Claire though, "Has there been any word? Is she doing better now?" She didn't have very powerful magic herself. Yes she could heal but it wasn't anything exceptional like Caden or Lauranna. She wasn't real sure where she fit in, to be honest. The thought of being a mom though filled her with such joy. If that was what she was meant to be, she'd be more than happy to be that. Maybe that was their calling? Maybe they were going to have an orphanage of some kind here? She'd be totally fine with that honestly. She smiled at Theresa though, "You work so hard...when I am better I can help you. I'm not much of a cook but I can clean and help that way...and...I MIGHT be able to learn how to cook...I'm not sure. No one has ever offered to teach me."

Jorga smiled and patted her hand, "Thank you dear...I hope you won't mind not being a princess anymore...your father is ready to be a member of the guard again and protect the rightful king." He thought about that for a moment and realized he'd be under Xavier and it chuckled him a bit. He was vastly impressed by Xavier and had come to rely on his insight and power a great deal during his reign, but it would definitely be an adjustment for both of them.

Xavier smiled, "I am pleased you find it accommodating. Please let me know if you require anything. I will see if I can provide it." He was glad for the meal and thanked Nevyn for the fabulous food. "Well done as always." He sat down and was pleased when Marianna chose to sit next to him. "You did more than your share of work and Cain did as well." He smiled at the dragons who had been entertaining the children and keeping them out of harm's way all day. It made seeing to each hut MUCH easier and faster. "Me? I am fine. I have been wondering about the children though...did you notice that a few of them have no parents? I noticed we provided provision for 20 children in the huts but there are 26 children playing with Rook and Cain." He had been thinking on it most of the day.

Naild got a plate of food and sat near Xavier, "Have you noticed that there are more children than were accounted for in the provisions we provided?" he asked. "We can feed them tonight but then what? Should we send an empty wagon back tot he palace with one of your men? They will be safe there until we return and can find a permanent solution to the problem."

Xavier looked at him with a surprised face, "I did. We were just discussing that. Well done to be alert in that way." This young man would indeed be a good king. Jorga was right. "I can ask the King if we may spare a man to return them."

Naild rose with his plate, "Enjoy your dinner, I will speak with him." He made his way and got another plate of food for Jorga and entered the hut again. He handed him the food and sat nearby, "Sire...we have noticed that there are several children here with no parents. We have provided for every family but what of these children? Could we spare the empty wagon to take them back to the palace? Surely they will be safe there until we return."

Jorga shook his head, "Did someone tell you there were or did you see it?"

Naild looked at him, "I saw, but I was not the only one. Xavier did as well."

Jorga nodded, "Send the wagon and children back in the morning after they have had a good meal. We can spare a man and the wagon." He looked at Naild then, "If there are extra children...what have they been doing all day? Have they been getting under foot?"

Naild chuckled, "oh no...Rook and Cain have been letting the children climb and slide on them all day. It has been a huge help."

"Ahh good..." he grinned and ate his dinner. "That was quite good." He said and Naild rose nodding in agreement, "I will leave you both to rest then." he said taking the plates back to the cook to be cleaned.

Aldin noticed the blush and smiled, "I did not mean to embarrass you...you are lovely though. I am shocked you have never heard that before."

Ellisar rolled his eyes, "She isn't terrible to look at but she can be flighty and skittish and a general pain in the backside."

Aldin frowned, "I find that hard to believe. She has been delightful since I arrived."

"Oh really? She turned into a hummingbird and flew into a wall..."

"Well of course. You brought strangers in without telling her. I know I can be difficult to look at and bear." he didn't think we was at all handsome in any way. He was raised to have good manners and that had served him well, but he was not tall and rugged like men seemed to admire. he was bookish and thoughtful and though he wasn't weak physically he could not compare with men like Morden, Caden and Xavier in any way. "You should not be so mean though Ellisar..."

Ellisar snorted a bit, "I can...she's like the little sister I never had...or wanted."

Lazar smiled, "And you have had mine since the day I met you...far before I ever had the courage to speak to you." He let the magic flow and work as he set the gem in place and then as the magic was flowing from the wand he poured the ashen components over the magical flow. The spell arced and pulsated changing from green, to gold, to purple and then finally to white. He lowered the wand and smiled, "That should do it..now we just have to use it on Rook..." He tipped his head a bit. "I wonder if he could swallow this in dragon form? It would work better from inside his body...but he has to be human...hmmm...maybe if he holds it in his mouth?" He looked at her hoping for an idea...

Gavin smiled a bit, and then went to go check on Rebecca. "Going to see if my sister wants any lunch.." He added to Chastianna. He rose, cleaned up his own dishes, and left the two women to clean, though he'd help out when he returned from the library.. He wasn't that much of a jerk! He smiled as he headed for the place that had apparently brought his sister great solace at least. He was glad for that, and worried how she was faring without Niald.~

Rebecca had managed to shower, change into a pale blue dress, and nicer slippers, but then went right back to the library once her hair dried. She'd put it in a braid, not really wanting it to get in her way. It was strange how the chapters just seemed to jump out at her, but she appreciated it. That is. .. until she started hearing strange whispers coming from the vent near the window... She distinctly heard her name called out in an eerie, cold voice she'd never heard before. It sent shivers down her spine, and then, much to her shock, a woman appeared! She looked so much like Rebecca that she knew this had to be her mother... Holy..Crap.. "Mom?" She whispered, her voice caught, surely this was a trick! The woman only smiled, and seemed unable to speak a moment.. "Rebecca please.. .forgive me. I never wanted to lose you to that horrible woman." Rebecca slid off the chair and ran to her, but of course she couldn't actually hug a ghost, even though the woman was visible as any real person was to her! "You have unique gifts, daughter, seeing spirits, ghosts...and some times darker things. Don't let it scare you. Learn to close your mind when it happens too frequently.. I have to go. But promise me you won't stay alone so long." She added, her golden eyes bleak with despair. "But mom- I'm usually alone... except when Niald's here... What's wrong with me being alone?" She asked, eyes wide. Then, her brother came in. "Hey- sis- need to take a break?" Her mother disappeared,... Rebecca let out a trapped breath. "Yeah- sorry..." She said, closing the book she'd been reading. Don't be alone- well how was she to manage that? She walked out of the library and downstairs with Gavin. "My eyes must be blurry from squinting so long at books.." She said, sitting down to enjoy the grilled cheese and tomato soup. Everything was delicious. She called her thanks to Theresa, and waved to Chastianna. Well for now at least, she'd be around people..~

Claire smiled at the thought of not being a princess anymore. *Definitely won't mind not being a princess, dad.. never felt like one ..really.* She thought at him as he went and talked with Xavier and Niald went to go rest. She'd never considered herself part of Malthen Ana in a lot of ways- but being a princess, definitely not one of the things she'd miss being. She only wanted to live a good, happy life with Rook.~

Cain was enduring the kids play, and some of them started falling asleep against his back,side and wings! Little buggars, he thought fondly. He yawned, a bit tired himself, and napped there on the forest floor.~

In the Lab again, Aria was flustered.. "You didn't look like a bear, silly. Just so many voices and yelling can make me react... badly. I've been trying to work at it.. not that a certain oaf-for-brains grumpy bug notices." She rolled her eyes heavenward at Ellisar's obvious insults. If he kept it up she'd not only fly off for a few days, she'd give him what he obviously wanted and go live in the woods... Maybe he'd be lucky and she'd get eaten by a REAL bear. Then would Ellisar be happy? She sighed, hugged Aldin, and slunk back to her room so Ellisar didn't have to look at her anymore.~

Tamsin was shocked. "Wait.. Rook has to -eat- that amulet? Um... that can't be a good idea, Lazar... I can't imagine that not being painful. But what if he just wears it? And maybe it helps him control the core reaction thing better that way?" She offered, hoping there was a better option than to Rook eating it. Yikes!

Chastianna nodded and let him go check on Rebecca. She knew he was worried about her, especially hearing Naild had left with the other group. It was interesting to her hoe Gavin just seemed to know things without trying. Like somehow things were given to him when he needed them. She went into the kitchen and helped clean a bit, but was careful not to lift anything. She smiled when she saw Rebecca return with Gavin. "Hello you." she said coming back out of the kitchen to sit with her. Already she felt like she needed to sit. She looked at Gavin and smiled, "Did you tell her?"

Jorga sighed hearing her say that. He knew his family had been drafted every bit as much as he had and none of them had been a good fit for the role. As much as Claire thought Tamsin was the better daughter, she wasn't a princess either. "Well...before long your life will be normal and away from the rigors of being in the palace. You can live wherever you want...I think Rook might be more comfortable away from the palace with more room...but you are welcome to stay as well. I can't imagine Naild would force anyone to leave."

Rook too was noticing that a few of the children were falling asleep on him as well. Most ran back to their homes but there were a few who didn't seem to have anyone looking for them. Odd. He curled one up in his tail, wrapped his wings around another and a third was in his arms right by his neck hugging him. *These ones must not have protectors..* he said to Cain *I hope the others have noticed.*

Naild saw Rook nurturing the little ones and he went over to him hearing his words, "I did notice...we are going to send them back to the palace in the morning...thank you for keeping them warm and safe tonight."

Rook nodded his head, *No problem...no problem at all.* He lowered his head slowly so as not to waken the little on there and soon fell asleep too.

Aldin was surprised by the hug but then he saw her go back to her room and he frowned. he walked by Ellisar and whapped him on the back, "you hurt her feelings."

Ellisar shrugged, "Pft..." And went back to work making another fan.

Aldin sighed and followed her to her room and knocked, "Aria?" he called gently, "May I come in?"

Lazar shook his head, "It's not going to control the core it's going to absorb the dark magic spell...I mean it MIGHT work if he's wearing it...but not as well as if it's inside him. It might be enough if he holds it in his mouth though....as long as his mouth is closed tight..." He made a face, "That's why I said eat it as the dragon, turn into human...I cast the spell and turn back into dragon and throw up the gem...in theory...that would work. I'm not saying it would be great...but it would work."

• Love
Rebecca smiled at Chastianna as she ate lunch. "Hi... Tell me what, Gavin?" Gavin explained the whole situation how Lauranna saved Chastianna's eggs, and was now carrying another baby in her stomach. Rebecca was shocked. "That is awesome. I am so glad for you both! I think Rook's issue is the only one left.. But I am sure Lazar and Tamsin will figure it out." She added. "Theresa, delicious meal as ever, I swear we'd all starve if you weren't here." She said, smiling and helping by washing her own dishes. She thought about her mother's words on not staying alone.. but really, she wasn't one for imposing on anyone. "Lauranna really is a miracle worker though ... I don't think there's anything she can't do." Rebecca said, as she dried her silverware and put them neatly in the drawers. She helped Chastianna wipe down counters and even the stove was thoroughly cleaned. Theresa looked at them both and laughed. "I swear all this help around here I'll have to find a new hobby.." She half-joked, fondly. She thanked them both and then curtsied. "I'm off to tend other places of the palace. You all don't keep too busy now, but thanks again for the assistance." She added, ruffling Rebecca's hair. She turned and walked out of the kitchen, and knew which rooms needed checking on.~

Gavin grinned and shook his head as Theresa walked off. "We know her other hobby, right sis?" He asked. She grinned, having seen her with King Jorga a couple of times...."Yep. She needs time off though.. So what are you and Chastianna up to? I think I need a break from books and seeing things that aren't there." Rebecca admitted, then frowned. "Stuff that's not there? Like what?" Gavin asked worriedly.. Rebecca stared at the floor, a bit nervous... "Ghosts.. or maybe just... our mom.... but I'm sure it was a fluke.. " She added. Gavin looked sad as he lead Rebecca back to the dining table. "No, no need to hide it.. it might be part of your new magic." Gavin told her. Rebecca hoped not! Seeing ghosts and spirits? Oh jeez.... she'd hated ghost stories as a kid! "Um...well.. Mom was there, by the library window.." And she told him the rest of the event, knowing it would probably make her sound completely crazy! "I've honestly never heard of this kind of talent before.." Gavin said after a moment.. "Chastianna, who would know about this kind of thing?" He asked.

Claire was almost more charged by this time, it helped a lot, simply being still and resting. *I could stay with you all at the palace. I spend a lot of time in the lab anyway, with Ellisar and Aldin... And Aria's pretty funny. When she's not half-panicked.* She added. There wasn't really anywhere she could go. Too dangerous in Malthen Ana especially among potential other bullies or mean villagers that just did not like her.

Cain had definitely noticed..*Far too many of these kids have no families.. Have the poachers really murdered that many people?* The thought just made him sad.

In the lab, Aria let Aldin come in.. "It's okay.. I know I'm pesty to Ellisar.. I've often thought about just going away from here, but really there's no where -to- go... Malthen Ana's good at making you feel kinda stuck." She said, playing it off like Ellisar hadn't really upset her.. She was useless anyway.~

Tamsin couldn't help but chuckle.. "Well, it's the best shot we have anyway... I say we go ahead and try that... Unfortunately, I don't know when the others will be back." She said, looking out the window and seeing it was very late at night already. Time sure flew by when she was at Lazar's place.

Chastianna was glowing as Gavin spoke of the miracle that was going to allow them to be parents for real. "I'm so excited about the baby. I think Lauranna is going to get sick of me wanting to touch her belly and fuss over her baby in preparation." She admitted with a grin. Then they were talking happily with Theresa in the kitchen and helping where they could. She chuckled at Gavin's comment, "They seem to be very close to falling in love if they haven't already. I think it's lovely." She listened to Rebecca was wondered at it. "Hmm...I bet Melise or Morden would know. They seem to know more of our history than others. Couldn't hurt to ask though. But Rebecca...how wonderful to be able to talk to your mother...I didn't ever meet mine...I'm kind of jealous."

Jorga nodded, "You are free to do so, but I dare say you would be safe anywhere with Rook at your side. I can't see that young man leaving you. I'm sure Lazar will find the solution to the problem and even if not, he won't leave you Claire. I can tell that he loves you more than he loves his own life. Things will work out."

Rook let out a huff of hot air *It would seem...I wonder how many will be found in other villages?* He didn't like that thought at all.

Aldin came in and sighed, "Ellisar is not the best one to judge by Aria...he doesn't see you like other people do." He wanted to hug her but he wasn't sure she'd be ok with that so he fought down the urge and watched her, "Can I ask a favor though?" He waited for her to look at him, "Please don't take off alone again. I was worried out of my mind."

Lazar frowned, "Back?" he asked not realizing anyone had left or even what time it was. he tended to lose track of time when he was working on something magically intricate. "Well...time got away from me..." he moved over to her and scooped her up and carried her to the bedroom, "early start on those eight hours then...."

Rebecca listened and smiled.. "I'll bug them later today I think. And if this spirit thing..is my gift, I can probably see your mother too, Chastianna... If she'll appear. I feel kind of like I'm in a horror novel right now though, so I am going to have to make some mental adjustments, and decide how I'm going to work on this skill.." She admitted, not wanting to freak herself out with seeing so many things that weren't there. Gods she almost preferred the visions again, but she would handle it. "I'm glad Lauranna is helping you both. Theresa is the best maid here... I'm glad she's getting a love life too. Well, I'll leave you two love birdies alone for now and see if Melise and Nathan are available.. If not- back to the books." She added, smiling and hugging Chastianna. "It'll be fine. You guys will make great parents.." She added, hurrying off to where Melise and Nathan's room was. She knocked politely and waited.

Claire smiled as she continued to rest. *I know dad.. I love him that much too. I would never leave him, no matter what we go through. . . He is a wonderful person.* She added, knowing Rook could hear her. She continued to sleep, hoping in the morning she'd be at least able to wake up and travel.

Irena rested in the huge tent beside Marianna. Both of them had talked late into the night, until their eyes had closed. "Come back to the palace with us Irena.... your skills are very useful." Marianna had said. Irena smiled. .."Maybe...even for a visit and to at least help all the kids who don't have homes find loving parents.." She agreed.

Cain yawned and breathed out smoke from his nose. <I dare-say we shall find out soon enough, Prince Rook.. I fear the palace is going to have dozens of kids running around....wonder if someone could maybe construct some sort of school.. thing for the day.> He said. Marianna was interested.. *Good idea as always, Cain...* She told him, falling asleep easily.

Aria shrugged.. "I mean... it's not his fault he got landed with me.. I did kinda sorta drop in..." She blushed. "It had happened right after my parents left.. I was my humming bird form for 8 days.. Stupid...terrified,... " She huffed at her dumb reactions.. "I just wish I could -be- more useful, Aldin. I look okay I guess. But panic attacks set off the shifting even worse. Hence the power-bracelets." She explained, flexing the leathery bands with numerous silver spikes. She leaned her head on his shoulder.. "As long as you're around though..it's easier to manage..So.. thanks for that.." She was doing better, even ELLISAR had to notice-! but he was a grumpy butt.~

Tamsin laughed as she was scooped up, quite glad to be carried into Lazar's bedroom! She kissed his neck, letting her hands roam across his back and his ribs, searching out all his sensitive places.... They'd definitely earned all 8 hours tonight!

Melise smiled at Nathan, "Rebecca is here...why don't you let her in." she said before Rebecca knocked on the door. She could have done it, but she liked surprising Nathan with what she knew. She was still trying to wrap her brain around all that had happened and how the Glen had brought him back to her after all this time. She drew in a breath, "She has interesting questions this time. you'll be shocked."

Jorga smiled and patted her hand again. "Good Claire, I heartily approve of him." He knew that wouldn't have been the case not so long ago and he was very ashamed of himself for that fact. He'd gone up topside with the sole purpose of eliminating all the dark fae forever. And if he had done so, he might have cost his daughter the chance for a once in a lifetime love. How terrible would that have been? He finally laid down his head on a bedroll that Xavier had left for him and fell asleep but it was fitful and interrupted often.

Rook opened his eyes to look at the dragon *Do they have schools for your young?* he asked wondering where the thought had come from. *I think there are a lot of people at the palace who would be willing to help run a school for the children.*

Aldin drew her into a gentle hug. "No one is landed with you Aria. It is a blessing to have you here with us. I would miss you terribly if you were gone." He realized that he meant it and smiled. "We can let Ellisar have his corner of the lab and you and I can work in the other. Everyone will be happy that way...what do you say?" He didn't want to her to hide in her room because Ellisar was having a tantrum.

Lazar happily spent the whole night enjoying her in every way teasing them both into a state of frenzy.

The new day dawned and the birds called out their welcome to the world. Nevyn was the first out of the tents and began preparing breakfast for the entire village as he was instructed. He had eggs, bacon, ham and biscuits going before anyone was up and out of their tents.

• Love
Nathan grinned a bit as he opened the door to his and Melise's room. They'd absolutely had a blissful time, catching up, relearning eachother all over again. It did sadden him that she was blind and could not be helped, but she was so wonderful in every way... How he'd missed her soft curves, her fair beauty, and the fact she hadn't turned hardened or cold by all the hardships she'd endured. Rebecca smiled at him and Melise as she entered, almost apologetically. "I'm sorry- if I've caught you both at a bad time. But now that my core has been healed and restored, I have a bit of a strange ability...I need to learn how to keep it under control, or at least prevent myself from talking out loud to spirits and ghosts or otherwise looking kind of crazy." She explained. Nathan motioned her over to sit on the comfortable arm chair. "Spirits? I've never heard of anyone having that gift before.. Have you, Melise?" Nathan asked, closing the door behind them. Rebecca would likely smell a calming incense in the room, sage. It helped diffuse tension and stress. "I mean... at least my first encounter was with my mother. But she had a cryptic warning for me too. Don't be alone. Which is kind of.. my thing except for Niald." She admitted. Nathan was puzzled. He certainly hoped Melise had answers, because this was not his area of expertise. "Rebecca, you're not still seeing visions are you?" He asked. She shook her head. "No. Those stopped as soon as I got here.." She said. She hoped this could be somewhat figured out. If not- she'd head back to the library.

*I'm glad, father. He makes life so much easier- even the bad things...* Claire said faintly.. *Don't stress so- you're a good king, wise and fair. And it's not right to place blame on anyone's shoulders- remember that.. I know you and I have a common habit of blaming ourselves when we shouldn't... All we can do is keep trying to do our best...* She encouraged, hoping he'd get at least a few hours of sleep as well. In the morning however, she did feel -much- better, and sat up, rubbing sleep from her eyes. She reached in her bag and found a candy bar, which she hurriedly ate to finish the process of charging her core the rest of the way. Yep. Worked like a charm still. She looked around the hut to see if anyone was still here. She stretched, and stood up... definitely a million times better. She wouldn't use her magic today though, just to be safe- at least not until they reached the next village.

Cain didn't know if the school thing was possible. He knew in his cave, young dragons as soon as they were weaned, were taught in groups or clusters, all about how to breathe fire, how to read, even flying lessons were a must. <Morden... Aldin... I think even Rebecca would make good teachers.. Lazar as well, if he has time for it.> He was already thinking ahead of who to possibly enlist as teachers.

Tamsin was completely engaged with exploring all of Lazar, and found his real form much more muscular than the one he'd been using! He definitely wore her out within the 8 hours they made love. Their passion was always all consuming... and she did not mind when they were both spent, to lie in his arms and enjoy the calm silence of the darkened bedroom.~

Aria felt better, especially after Aldin's nice hug... He felt safe,.. warm even. "Okay. I can stay out of people's hair most of the time. You always seem to get me though when most of the time I can't even understand what I'm feeling... How do you do that?" She asked him, leaning her head on his shoulder. She'd made an effort with her hair today and had it in a decent pony tail, and she wore her usual dark clothing. Aldin always looked great no matter what he wore... ~

Marianna woke from her tent the next morning, refreshed and ready to help with whatever was needed. She and Irena took care of the little ones, making sure they had plenty to eat, and found their parents, making sure the families all stayed close together. It was far better to stay within the camp, than wander off and possibly find trouble. After the kids were settled, Irena kept them amused with stories and games. Marianna wandered over to Xavier.. "How're you this morning?" She asked, holding one of his hands gently.~

Melise held out her hand to Rebecca, "Come and sit Rebecca." she implored. She waited for the girl to cross the room and take her hand and then she gently tugged on her hand to get her to sit next to her. "So you saw your mother...how wonderful!" her eyes were shining though the white made that seem a little eerie and otherworldly. "Naild's grandmother had this ability. I believe if you look there is a book she wrote in the library about her experiences. She wrote a few history book as well with the help of the spirits filling in gaps that the records didn't include." She smiled, "It's really nothing to fear. I do know this...she was thought to be insane by a few members of the family. Keylen however was completely devoted to her and knew she was perfectly sane. He called upon her power on more than one occasion to get help in deciding difficult things. The spirits see everything that happens in the Palace, so even if there are two stories and no one can tell who is right and who is wrong...the spirits will be able to help." She gave her hand a squeeze, "About the warning...Your mother was one of the people who feared Jia's gift. Now, I will say that not all spirits are friendly or helpful. It will take you time to learn how to know who to befriend and who to avoid, but they are spirits. They cannot physically touch you. They can try to scare you, or intimidate you but they cannot actually harm you." She sighed a bit, "Read Jia's book and if you can find it, her diary. They will help you a lot."

Jorga smiled, "Thank you Claire...I have always tried to be fair and honest. What sort of man could call himself a man and do less?" He pondered. But he could tell that Naild was going to be vastly better than he ever even dreamed of doing. He was glad of it as well. The fae had been through a lot at the hands of the sisters and they were in a state of reformation and adjustment that required a good leader. Naild would be the one to take them through this process, and he would be happy to watch from the sidelines.

Rook was thinking as well *There are many...Chastianna, Serena, Theresa would be good to teach cooking and such skills. I believe it could work quite easily with a little cooperation. I suppose it will depend on the ages of the children too. A few of these are very young...who has been taking care of them?*

Lazar too fell in a deep heavy sleep after their hours of rekindling their love. He was more than relieved that she seemed to enjoy his true self more than she had his glamoured Golden self. That gave him exactly the boost and confidence he needed to continue on and prove he was indeed worthy of his place here.

Xavier had been awake for a while, planning the day and making decisions about which of the men would travel back with the little ones. Marianna approached him and he gifted her with an uncharacteristic smile. "Good Morning Milady." he said with a bow of his head. He was surprised she'd taken his hand but he did not release it when she did. "I am well thank you. Did you sleep well?" he asked noting how they had been caring for the little ones. "I have decided that Peter will take the children back. He's got a good way with them and they all seem to like him." He began to move tugging gently on her hand so that she would walk with him, "I need to send a message ahead to the palace so they are prepared to receive them...that is the part I am trying to figure out at the moment. Any ideas?"

• Love