The look in Caden's eyes was pure darkness at that moment. He released the man's hands once Laurana had him securely tied. He would ask her why she had not used her powers later. Perhaps it was not acceptable in this time.

He casually walked to the room where he had located the powdered food and returned with a metal utensil. It was not a knife, but a spoon. He crouched in front of the man, and leveled a very dark look on him. "Answer her," he said.

The man spat and let out a string of oaths that made no sense at all to Caden, but that he could tell were meant to belittle, abuse and provoke. he shook his head, "That was not the reply she was seeking," he said and the tip of the spoon began to glow white hot, while the rest of it remained as it had been before. It did not melt, or lose its shape, just became almost blinding to look upon. "Since you are already blind to you current situation," he said as he lifted the spoon to the man's face, "You will not need this," he stabbed the spoon into the man's eye and scooped it out like a melon ball and dropped it onto the floor.

The man screamed in agony, thrashing about like a wild animal.

Caden was emotionless as he looked back at the man, "Do you see better now?" he asked, "You WILL tell her what she wishes to know." he paused a bit and a flame appeared in his pupil for just a second, "Sooner or later...it is your choice."

Jeez...! "Caden... if we pick him apart now, there won't be much he can do other than scream and cry. Now I have to heal his eye because he won't stop howling. And if my neighbors around the apartment hear too much... the police are going to be called on all three of us. Trust me, you don't want to be handcuffed and thrown in a cell in this city." She was trying her best to calm him, for the sake of other innocent people as well. Already she'd mended her broken window, picked up the mess with her telekenisis, and was now healing the man's eye, using regenerative healing, something that was going to exhaust her -entirely-. "Stupid faerie princess.... You don't know anything. This man's dangerous enough to slaughter a whole city or state with his bare hands, but you're so innocently trusting of him. Your mother died in childbirth, that's right you killed her. Your father ran away and was never seen again. Nobody wanted you in those foster homes cause you're a freak with magic here. But on our world, you can save everyone without even trying, and still be able to hunt my kind down. I'm a demon, you retards, and you can kill me, but more of us know about her than you realize. She's going to be hunted like a deer for the rest of her life until one of us brings her down, or she gets brought to Azrael, our master." He smiled evilly, more of a smirk really. "You're going to die, princess. I'll be so happy if I can watch." He added, making her regret fixing his eye at all! Douche bag...! "Alright, he's talked... you can have at him... but ..I do need to take care of a few things in my room, is that okay? Or do you need my help for this?" She asked, feeling really, really shaky and scared she was going to pass out.

Caden watched her heal the eye with a bit of a glare of disbelief. A demon? Oh that was very interesting indeed. there were plenty of people in his world that labeled him as such a creature, but he was not. This was the proof of it. He was tempted to take him back and throw him at Douglas' feet and say THIS is a demon you blind imbecile.

He made no comment or reaction to the demon's assertions about himself. But once Laurana gave the demon over to him he smiled a very icy cold smile, "It is good you understand who I am," he said in that very deep voice. "Your men do stand up well to fire magic, it seems. Pity." though admittedly his magic was not exactly FIRE magic, though he wasn't about to tel this guy anything helpful. "Demons only possess physical bodies," he said, "They have no corporeal form. They do have a spirit though," In that moment the demon would see the intent, but too late.

Caden thrust his hand into the man's chest and the fist within the form trapped the spirit and pulled it out, leaving the shell of the man that had been possessed entirely whole. He covered his hand with the other and spoke a whispered word and the spirit was then chained to another plane of existence, trapped forever.

He went over to the man then and touched his head and removed all memory of what had just occurred, and in it's place gave him a memory of having been saved from muggers by a large man. he removed his hand and then knelt in front of the man and burned away his bounds and made sure he was completely healed before he gently woke the man, "Hello," he said...can you open your eyes? Are you well?" The soft tone of his voice was now comforting and caring. Anyone who might witness this would be shocked this was the same man.

Laurana didn't go to her room like she'd intended, but witnessed the entire event, while telekenetically locking her front door, watching the windows for more danger, rather than see Caden's grisly torture of the demon tied to her chair. Still, they had plenty of information now, and next step was obvious... "How do we cross to your world?" She asked, her voice a bit faint, her eyes and face showing tremendous fatigue that hadn't been there earlier. She wasn't a superior being, just a half-human frail woman with limits regarding energy, and health as well. Laurana was actually starting to sway on her feet, it didn't help the last time she'd eaten anything was on her lunch break! She clenched the wall near her and prayed she wasn't going to pass out a second time... This whole day had really been too much for her!

• Love
Reactions: PoetLore
Caden turned surprised to see her there. He moved to her side with surprising speed and placed his hand to her shoulder and gave her more of his energy. She had obviously not learned to replenish hers, but he would teach her. He waited for her body to straighten and the swaying to stop before he released her. "You had things to gather?' he asked with a tip of his head and an amused expression on his normally hard features.

He left her there in the doorway and crossed over to gather up the book, "The book of prophesy will return us." he said, "And we will have to leave quickly, before more demons are sent to find you. Which I would imagine will not take long considering we have no moved, and they know where you are." he frowned, "I should not have incinerated them," he said absently, "They will merely find another host."

He turned back to her, "It is always important to know your enemy. Always remember that."

The man groaned and he left her to return to the chair, "Oh good," he said with a smile, "You are awake. You gave us quite a scare. How do you feel?"

The man looked at Caden and blinked rapidly, "Are you wearing a fur cape?' he asked, "Does she ahve pink hair?"

"Yes I am and yes she does."

"Then I am seeing properly," he said, "Thank you so much for saving me...my wife is probably worried sick. I better get home...can I give you something for your trouble?"

He shook his head, "No...we are just glad you are well."

"Thank you again," he said as he stood and made his way to the door, "Bless you both...really."

He nodded as the man left, "They always pick nice people," he said with the shake of his head, "I'm glad I found out what he was before I incinerated him too."

He looked at her, "Get whatever you need," he said, "We ahve to leave now."

"Yes.. and thank you." She smiled at the demon-free man, glad he was able to go to his family. She hurried to her bedroom, taking only a back pack and a duffle-bag, for clothes, hygiene products, and her laptop. A few books, cell phone. That was all. She'd figure out how to make the electronics work when she was on Caden's world... but on second thought, laptop would be heavy to carry, so she simply left it on her bed, wondering if she'd even see this world again. Shaking her head, she finished her light packing and rejoined Caden. "Okay. . . let's get out of here. I'm surprised police aren't knocking down the door yet." She added, definitely curious to see his time and place!

• Love
Reactions: PoetLore
Caden was surprised she was agreeing so easily, since the Seer had made it seem like this would be a very difficult thing. Wrapping his arm around her shoulder and covering her under the fur cape, he spoke a few words in ancient Fae, and the book began to glow brightly and they disappeared, just as the police banged on the door.

They reappeared in Morden's circle. he swayed a bit that time, but recovered quickly. "She comes," he said his eyes searching for Morden.

Morden saw Caden reappear and he smiled a wide joyful smile, "It worked!" he said triumphantly, "It worked!"

"I knew you were bluffing," he said frowning, "Sending me to my death you crazy fool." he said but it was apparent there was affection there as well.

Morden scratched the back of his neck, "Well...I had never actually attempted to try it. So no...I was not sure, but I was pretty sure."

Caden moved a bit and looked at her, "Are you well Laurana?' he asked, "It is a difficult journey."

Laurana blinked at the other person, but seeing Caden was friends with this guy, she didn't falter. "Yes. I'm ready. How far are we walking?" She asked, knowing her feet could take a lot of travel if necessary, but uncertain about the distance to their place! Still, she was looking around as though wondering if she were dreaming... Nothing was familiar, and certainly she felt a little worried about what awaited them! The world was so vastly different. She was very curious about all of it. So maybe the journey wouldn't be too harsh.~ She introduced herself to Caden's friend.

Morden immediately fell to his knees when he saw her, "Princess!" he said as he bowed lowly. He did not move and Caden would whisper in her ear, "Tell he to rise or we will be here all day." She did so and Morden rose and looked at her with wide happy eyes, "I did not believe Caden would be able to find you, or convince you to come." he said honestly, "He can be a bit...off putting."..but there was no one else to send you see. Forgive us."

Caden lifted a brow and turned to her again, "Ignore him," he said, "He is senile."

Morden laughed, "Caden is the head of our people," he explained then, "Though now that you are here...you are the Queen."

Caden nodded, "That is true," he said looking at her, "But I will help you learn our traditions and ways if you like. We have not far to travel. All of us are within this cave system. But Morden is our wizard. He will be the one to teach you the ever hidden spell."

Morden looked at Caden confused, "I will teach her?' he asked, "I do not know the spell Caden."

Caden blinked then, "What?"

Morden shook his head, "She knows it, only royals know it. She will have to find it within herself. No one can teach her to use her true nature."

Caden let out a low groan then, "Morden," he said as if his patience was wearing thin, "She does not even know how to revive her own energy when she uses her abilities."

Morden looked at Laurana then, "Well my Queen," he said, "You will ahve to open your mind and heart to the ancient magic, and allow it to flow through you. I wish you had more time to do so."

Laurana tried hard not to laugh at poor Morden's reaction to her. She could scarcely be a queen, or anything royal... yet here she was, being declared Queen of the Faeries. Great Title. "I will do my best... but how should I start practicing?" She asked them once they both were a bit calmer. Being in a cave this sizes unnerved her a bit, reminding her too much of the ancient cave-people on her world. "Do I just,... sit here and meditate or something?" She added, making it clear she'd never done any spell of such magnitude, or knew the first thing about her magic. She'd only ever really focused on telekenisis and healing, the dreams were bad enough to deal with. But this other stuff they were talking about sounded very complicated, if not impossible. But for their sakes, she would give it her best shot. She didn't want to disappoint Caden, who she felt... strangely drawn to, despite his wild savagery in dealing with enemies; she knew he had a deep protection for her, and that she was entirely safe in his presence. It was oddly comforting, after so many years of not ever being wanted.~

Caden chuckled at her descriptions of how to use magic, "No your Highness," he said, "You simply allow it to move through you. It is all around you, in the air, the land, the water...close your eyes and feel for it." He could feel it crackling all around him at all times and he knew she should be able to as well. But since she ahd been trying to hide her magic she had stifled that awareness of it.

Morden shook his head, "You know how to use your magic," he said sensing that she had indeed used it. "You must now accept that is who you are and who you are meant to be. Just believe. It is there inside you." He looked at Caden then, "Maybe she should meet the Seer."

Caden shook his head, "I don't know..."

Morden nodded, "I think it would be a help to her."

Caden looked skeptical, "I'm not sure she's ready for that..." He looked over at Laurana then, "It is not far, but it is in the deepest part of the caves, the furthest from the light. Will you be able to deal with the blackness?"

She slowly nodded yes. A seer. Maybe she'd be able to describe what was going on with her dreams. "I'd like to meet her. And I'll remember what you've told me about magic. It's true, I spent much of my life on Earth hiding it, but I won't try to hide it here." She vowed. As for light... She had fairly good eyes, even in the dark, and as long as she stayed close enough to Caden and Morden, she figured she'd be alright. Even if she tripped or sprained something, thankfully, Caden was another healer like her. "Yes. I think I should be fine, going to visit the Seer, despite how dark it will be on the way..." She agreed, eager to be moving, to do something. Laurana was antsy at best. Though she wondered now if she could -create- light with her magic. That would sure help a lot! Focusing, she concentrated on her magic, feeling it pulse through her body like livewire electricity. Her powers seemed stronger here, being unhindered by normal people. A brilliant sphere of purple-silvery light soon formed above their heads, and she was awed that it had worked so swiftly. "After you two." She gestured with a smile.

Morden's eyes widened, "OH NO!" he said backing away and shaking his head, "I do not leave my shop," he said vehemently actually physically clinging to the table near him that was filled with various spell components and glass distilling apparatus. The rest of the cave was rather sparse, a chair byu the hearth and a small table with one chair that appeared to be for dining. There was a door the probably led to a sleeping area at the far end of the shop, and another larger wooden door that has a window in it that led out of his home.

Caden just smiled, "I believe the Queen asked you to accompany us," he said, "It would not do to disobey the Queen's order, now would it?" He wanted to watch Morden squirm a bit. He knew the wizard had not left his shop in over ten years. Even moving to this location he'd packed all his things into a wagon and not emerged from that until they'd arrived here. Morden spoke to no one, but Caden and now Laurana.

Morden looked panicked and stricken. His eyes flew to Laurana and back to Caden as his mind whirled around for a solution to the problem at hand. At length he ran to Laurana and knelt at her feet, "PLEASE do not order me to go," he begged in the most pathetic voice she was likely to ever hear in her lifetime. "I promise I am not disobedient. I..do not like people."

Laurana -did- laugh at this statement, but understood all too well. "Oh alright. Stay here, and we'll tell you what happened when we get back." She told him, not one to drag anyone against their will! She'd been through that all too often, and had no desire to be a bully. "I guess it's just us then, Caden." She kept the light brilliantly flaring, illuminating everything it touched with silver-purple. She was ready, even though it looked very ominous and dangerous down those caves... were there monsters? Or demons? Would something possibly attack them on the way to the Seer? She hoped not, but was ready to move, and so, began walking down the path. All too curious to meet the Seer, and definitely ready to help save this world, from whatever was trying to destroy it.

Caden huffed, "She is far kinder than I." he admitted, "I would have made you venture from your hovel, old man."

He opened the door for Laurana and waited for her to pass by him, "We may come back and tell you," he said, "Then again...we may not."

He closed the door behind them and left Morden to think about that. He had been known to let the man stew a while, but likely Laurana would not be so inclined. They left the wizard's lair and he would usher her through the maze of caves. Her purple light was giving an entirely different feela dn look to them than he was used to but not in a bad way. The walls of the caves were covered in a soft mosslike vegetation,t hat kept the air breathable and healthy for them. There were also a few places as they moved where light could be seen coming from above, where the roof of the caves had either collapsed or were physically opened to allow the light to filter down to them. They looked almost like spotlights along the dark caves.

They went a fair distance before they encountered anyone else. The first was a small child who was being chased by a frantic looking young woman, "Daerein...you stop this minute!" And when the boy saw Caden he did exactly that.

Caden gave him a quelling look, "Daerein...what have I told you?" he asked.

The boy sighed and poked out his lip for a second, "Do not run from mother."

Caden lifted a brow.

The boy's face scrunched up and he pressed his lips together, "A proper son obeys his Mother."

Caden nodded, "So, why then is she running after you?"

Daerein leaned closer and whispered, "She is trying to kill me."

The boy's mother appeared then and blinked. It took her a second but she fell to her knees as well, "Your Highness! Welcome!"

Daerein looked at his mother like she'd gone daft and then frowned and looked back at Caden and the lady. "OH!" he said, "Pink hair and purple eyes! You are the queen! Did you come to save us from Douglasbutt?

Caden snickered but otherwise held in his reaction. "This is Laurana, Queen of the Fae." He elaned over to Laurana and whispered, "Get used to saying please rise..."

Laurana had to smother a laugh at the kid's nickname of Douglas! "Yes, young one, I'm here to attempt to save you. I'm not able to make promises, I'm still testing my magic, but I will do all I can." She promised after bidding the woman to rise. She would try her best to get used to all the bowing as well! Sobering, however, was the thought she was the only one who -could- actually save these people. Her very magic had the power to save or destroy things? This was a bit overwhelming, but she did her best to not show any emotions that betrayed such uncertainty. Just because she was scared witless, didn't mean she wanted anyone else to panic. She wondered when she'd have to encounter this evil person, and where he dwelled.

The woman rose and smiled, "We are so glad you have come, highness!" she said, "I am Elipha, and you ahve already met Daerein, my son. Forgive his impertinence. He is a willsome child."

Caden grinned at Laurana's promises, knowing she had no idea what she was doing. He admired her willingness and kind heart though. "Forgive us Elipha," he said, "We must away."

She nodded and with a hand to Daerein's arm turned and went back the way she'd come.

He gripped her elbow with his large hand and steered her to another part of the cave system, where they were less likely to be overrun by the others. They would have a party of sorts later, where she could meet everyone. "You are doing well," he said, "You will ahve all of Clan MacEntyre at your feet within a single day."

The tunnels began to darken and those skittering noises were louder and more noticeable. He stopped and held her next to him, "It is I Caden," he said, "I have brought the ONE." For the first time in his remembrance the cave was flooded with light and the Seer emerged to greet him, though he knew it was not for him, but for Laurana.

The Seer moved forward and bowed herself, "Forgive me Huighness for not kneeling, but when one is blind, that is not an easy feat to accomplish."

"Please, do not kneel, Seer, I wouldn't ask it of anyone, let alone one with powers probably greater than mine." She assured the woman smiling in understanding, though moments ago, she'd flushed at Caden's comment of having the clan at her feet in a day. THAT was sure going to be weird for her! "Besides... I was very anxious, to see what it is everyone believes I can do to help stop this... Douglas from harming you all." She added, feeling awkward, and socially inept in front of such a great presence. The woman's magic felt older than time, to Laurana's heightened perception, and she knew the woman was very, very intelligent, far beyond even her imagination. But the fact Laurana was finally here, meant so many of her questions she'd kept locked away for years, might even be answered. She was in awe of the Seer, even after moments of just meeting her.

Sovalna smiled, "You are a kind soul, Highness," she said and motioned for her to follow, "I will see what the fates ahve to say this day." she said and cast a bit of this and a bit of that into the pit and grabbed the giant wooden paddle and began stirring. She 'looked' then into the swirling liquid and her eyes widened.

She stirred again and nodded as she looked up, "Caden," she said, "You will heed me this day. You must not leave her side for even a moment."

Caden lifted a brow at all of this. he'd never seen Sovalna so accommodating to anyone. She called to him and he stepped forward and both brows rose. "I had no..."

Sovalna hushed him with her finger, "Swear it," she said.

"I so swear."

She nodded, "There is coming a push, an attack on these caves. He has already found us, and we must flee. She is not able to face this yet. Take her higher into the mountains, and help her free the flow of her magic. I will go to Morden and we will try to hold them off with magic as long as we can."

She reached for Laurana's hand then, "Do not think of us here," she said seriously, "YOU MUST SURVIVE!" She placed a gem in her hand, "Look upon this as you cast your magic and it will magnify your strength and help you release it freely. Now..you must go." She said and in a swirl of smoke disappeared.

Caden grabbed her hand and pulled her toward the door, "We must hurry. We can warn the others to flee as we go. But we cannot wait for them. Come!"

Laurana gasped, staring deep into the smoke... She vaguely saw a sickening shadow, looming over a hell-fire, but then the image vanished. "Caden... Solvana, please! What was seen? Why can I not stay and help protect you?" She asked, dragging her feet, pain in her face as she realized things were moving irrevocably forward, but not in any direction she would have liked! She'd wanted time... at least a little, to practice the spell! "Please! Caden!" She cried out again, so very worried for Solvana and the rest of the people here! "Tell me! I won't go anywhere until you do!" She added, gripping a corner of the wall until her hand ached. She was definitely stubborn as they came! But she wanted to know the danger they were facing, and why she felt like everyone was about to die because of her, she didn't want that to happen, not ever! Why bring her back if she couldn't save them!?