Caden bowed slightly and furrowed her brows at her comment about kissing her. He had just barely kissed her knuckles and she was blushing and practically swooning. Not something he was used to. Most, ok ALL women feared him, and NONE ever approached him or even engaged him in conversation of any length unless it involved unavoidable business. He brushed it aside as her being in a new place, and the peril they were in.

He led her out into the main cave as people started to come in, "I am going to go see if anyone needs help up the cliff," he said and was gone.

Daerien rushed into one of the places Laurana had made, "WOW...look at THIS Mom!" he said and dragged her into it, "Let's live here!" He said almost hopping up and down, "Caden never makes anything like this! You must have huh?" he asked tugging on Laurana's sleeve.

Laurana grinned at Daerien's enthusiastic response to the new home. "Well I am learning my magic quickly, and this talent really has been fun to use. I hope you all like it." she said, wandering to explain the modern gadgets a little to Daerien's mother, showing her how the toaster and everything else worked. Even the bathrooms. She knew she'd probably spend the next few weeks teaching -everyone- the new appliances and other things, but it would be worth it. She then greeted people as they entered the place, answering all questions and helping sort out who wanted what room, showing where the bathrooms were, and letting them know everything they'd need was right here in their new place. She even had a special magic room for the Seer, and a study for Morden.~

Caden helped a few of the older people up the cliff, making the trip up and down about 5 times before he was able to stay up. When he came back into the caves he saw people milling about and talking and being happy and he let out a soft huff. He went and found Laurana and leaning against a doorjamb, watched her explaining that thing she called a toaster. She was so excited to give them her life from the future, and he just stood there casually watching. If nothing else came of this, the people were happier than he'd ever seen them, and he was grateful for it.

He was grabbed from behind and he was shocked when he turned around and saw Morden, "Morden!" he said in disbelief, "You are not in your hovel."

Morden pushed past him to find Laurana and hugged her, "That was the kindest thing...thank you!" And then he was gone as fast as he came. Caden followed him and when he stepped into the 'hovel' he blinked. There were beautiful bookshelves lining every wall, and many many additions to his alchemy table, as well as herbs and other things he hadn't had access to before. He wasn't sure how she knew to give Morden all this stuff, but he was impressed and Morden was touching everything with shaking hands. He left without interrupting the wizard and made his way back to Laurana.

He waited until she was done explaining things, though he had an idea that she would be at that for days and days. "Morden is very happy," he said, "You should feel honored. He does not elave his shop...ever...for anyone...."

Laurana chuckled, happy that others were enjoying this new place. "Hey, whatever helps draw out the hermit, I'm happy to try." She agreed, hugging Morden back as he disappeared right back to his new "Hovel". She was glad things were going smoothly so far, and she wanted to work on more magic, just in case they were surprised at any point in time. It was so fascinating how things had turned out for her. She decided right then she wasn't going to return to her world or time period on Earth. There was absolutely nothing there for her anyway, and she liked the people here more than she did back 'home'. The danger was great yes, but she was hopeful they could stop Douglas from destroying everything.~

• Love
Reactions: PoetLore
Caden nodded, "He came out," he said, "He went right back, but at least he came out." He motioned for her to join him, "Maybe you can ask Sovalna your questions now. Since the imminent danger is passed."

He motioned for her to lead, "I assume since you made a place for Morden that you also made one for Sovalna. I will follow along." He knew she wanted more in depth answers about what Sovalna had seen, but he didn't ahve them, only the seer did. And if the truth be told, he was curious as well.

They were stopped a few times by those who asked questions of Laurana, and other times by those who just wished to thank her. They did eventually break free and were able to find their way to Sovalna.

Laurana was patient and kind with everyone who thanked her for the new home! She took time to address their many questions, and promised to hold nightly meetings about the new modern gadgets. Once they went to their own places, she and Caden were free to walk, and so she lead them down a long hall way, tapered with lamplights and a single room. Solvana's was created out of pure amethyst crystal, and everything the Seer needed was in there, from books to crystal spheres, to scrying bowls. And of course, very nice furniture and decorations. Once inside, she called out to Solvana. "Seer, are you alright?" Hoping nothing had harmed the woman.~

Sovalna once again came out to greet the queen, "Oh Highness, you are truly a kind and generous soul," she said, "It is wonderful and so comfortable." she said giving Caden a glare.

"What?" he said, "I don't know what half of this stuff is, how could I give it to you?" he asked.

The seer huffed, "Ignorance is no excuse," she said and led Laurana into her home. "We must check again," she said and pulled a stray hair off Laurana's shirt and then tossed it into the bowl and grabbed her large paddle to stir. She then looked into the bowl and waited. She looked for a long time and then nodded. "Much better," she said and then sat down. "Will you sit with an old woman for a time?"

Caden rolled his eyes, "You are no older than I am Sovalna."

She flicked a wrist at him, "So highness," she said, "You have questions. What would you like to know? If I have the answer I will give it joyfully."

She had to grin at Caden.. "Old man," She whispered at him, then sat with Solvana on another chair by the bowl. "I've lots of questions really... but ... what does this Douglas look like? I don't think I've really got a look at him yet." She added solemnly. She wanted to learn more about who they were fighting, to see if she could pinpoint some sort of weakness that could take him down for good. She was glad Solvana was happy with the room, and that the creation magic was so powerful and easy to use.

Sovalna shook her head, "That is not your question," she said as she leaned back in her chair, "Your mind has the wrong perceptions, " She said, "What he looks like, how he can be defeated are not important. He could die yes, but he would be replaced by another and another, because he has made us known. So...it is necessary for us to be hidden again. I know you have not really understood, since I am sure Caden had not given you anything reasonable to understand. But we do not fight Douglas, but the fact that the humans KNOW who we are, what we can do, and where we are. He is one man, but he is not alone. He is just driven by hatred and fear, and has even convinced himself that his wife's death which occurred by his own hand, was out fault. He is to be pitied, and avoided. We must be hidden from their world. It is the only way, Highness," she said. "What else would you know?"

"What can I do.. to help protect us all better then?" Since Douglas seemed to be a foe unseen and unheard of, there must be something she could do that would prevent them from fleeing their new home, or at least, give them all a much deserved break from running for their lives. They had to be as tired an exhausted as she sometimes felt, just up and moving like that couldn't be good emotionally either. If she could buy time, or at the very least.. have some sort of warning that Douglas was close by.. maybe it would save even more lives, and hassle. She wasn't sure of the clans' fighting skills either. Or who could do what in a battle.~

Sovalna smiled gently, "You can keep practicing your magic and honing it until you are 100% confident in your ability and then you can hide us all, as we were before." She watched the young lady's eyes and saw the wheels turning, "You will do better to not think of the Douglas as your enemy. It is what he knows that makes him and enemy, not the human himself." She reached out her hand and a book flew from the shelf to her hand, "This will help," she said, "Though Caden may have to read it to you. It is in his language."

Caden came away from the all at the mention of his name, "What is that?" he asked with a very dark and threatening look in his eyes.

"Calm yourself Caden," she said, "It is merely a history of the fae empire. Nothing to get your cape in a bunch over." Her hand dismissed him casually with the flick of her wrist. "Make him read it to you," she said, "It will help you understand us and our life better and why we must return to the old homeland and the old ways to survive."

Laurana had to laugh at Sovalna's retort to Caden's scowling attitude. She assured the Seer she would practice her magic a lot more. She took the book, and looked it over, surprised how heavy and thick it was, the pages were long, white, with silver edges. "I'll make him read it a lot." She promised, grinning at the very angry Caden. Jeez, it was like he was suddenly full of things he want hidden and this book might expose everything. Like she'd ever judge him for whatever secrets he had. Really, males were stubborn no matter what time period they came from. But she did feel a lot more at ease after visiting the Seer.

Caden watched at the Seer stood and bowed a bit, "Now, Highness," she said, "If you will excuse me I am tired. It has been a while since I was tired, and it feels rather good. But I must rest. Have him read the book. It will indeed help you understand us all a lot better." He felt a few curses flying in his mind toward her but he spoke none of them.

He motioned for Lauranna, "That is a polite way of saying get out I am going to bed," he said, "Again feel honored. She doesn't usually care if she is rude."

"I HEARD THAT!"

Caden shrugged and offered his arm to Laurana. He really did NOT want to read that book to her, which was a strange thing. Normally he would have just lied as he read and made up things to fill in the places that he felt were damning to him as a person, but he didn't want to lie to her, so it created a bit of an issue.

Laurana giggled, really amused at how Caden was reacting. "Yes of course, Seer. Rest as much as you need to and I'll run to you if you need anything." She promised. "Thank you, for all your help. We'll let you get to sleep now." She assured the woman, tugging Caden out of the room with the book under one arm. "Okay twisty-pants . .. what's got you so worked up about reading this book? I promise, we can read far away from everyone if it helps you, and ... you know I'm not going to judge you- for any secret you may have. I'm not perfect, nobody is." She told him, wanting to ease some of that guardedness he'd obviously been carrying like an aura around him.

Caden huffed at the whole good-bye scene but left with her soon after. He glanced down at her when she asked what his problem was and he lifted a brow in surprise and acted as if she were imagining things. "I have no problem," he said, "And you should not make promises you cannot keep." he said cryptically. Distance is not the problem," he said, "No one would hear anything I did not wish them to hear," he said honestly, "But I do not normally read exactly what is written." THAT was a huge confession, "To do so would be to reveal my true identity and I have no desire for that to happen. Not now and not ever."

They arrived back where she had chosen to live herself. He tipped his head, "Did you wish to begin learning the history of the fae right now?" he asked, "Or would you like to sleep first?"

His response stung Laurana a bit, and she hid this, though her eyes went to the floor as she scuffed one of her shoes idly.. He would never share anything with her? Though she'd been pretty revealing with her own life.... that didn't seem fair at all, and it hurt to know he would never trust her completely. Suddenly, she didn't want to read anything just then, maybe later on the next morning if they had time... "I'll take a nap first.... " She told him, then went right to her own room, and closed the door, feeling pretty damn low. After a shower in her private bathroom, she went and changed into her blue- tank top and comfortable blue- silk pajamas with a light, thin blue jacket. She curled up in her bed, and drew the blankets over her head, much in the same way when she was young and scared. She wasn't scared of Caden, but the fact was, he had something he was hiding from her... and it just made her feel awful.

One skill Caden did NOT have was mind reading. Her sudden departure left him confused and more than slightly annoyed. She wanted him to read, she didn't want him to read. Whatever. He turned and went to the far side of the cave where he'd created the 'hovels' and sat on one of his rock chairs. He was used to them, he had furs and other things to make his furniture comfortable. He wasn't about to start getting soft now. It was nearly over, and soon they would all be back where they belonged.

Maybe she had been more tired than he thought, that might explain it. he spent most of the night trying to account for her odd behavior, but he never came to any good conclusion.

When morning came he showered and changed into a pair of dark suede leather pants and a dark green vest. He left the fur in his room. He made his way back to her 'house' and tapped lightly on her door. he'd find out his answers, or he would not read to her at all.

Laurana was having a horrible nightmare. One that she wished she could escape from, but really couldn't even open her eyes. She thrashed violently, as her dream self ran from a huge shadowy figure, with razor sharp black wings, and horns! She cried out several times in Faerie language, but another language as well, without realizing it. Sudden, burning pain reached into her physical body as deep, long, unheal-able scratch marks appeared on her back! She shuddered, as in the dream, the demon-monster looked at her and said one word, "Die!" in a disembodied, cold voice. She almost did in her real form, as her heart started beating incredibly faster from pure fear. She woke, just as the demon spat out a wave of fire in her direction. Her physical form fell right off the bed with a bone-jarring crash, leaving her tangled in a heap of blankets and pillows. She opened her eyes wide, realizing the pain in her back was real, and she felt under her shirt. Yes, right down the middle of her back, horrific, singed claw marks already infected and long. Oh god...... what was happening!?

Soon she realized Caden was impatiently knocking on her door, knowing him, he was ready for round two of arguing. She sighed, throwing her blankets back on her bed, she put on a sweater, refusing to show him these wounds. They had enough to deal with right now, and maybe she scratched herself somehow in her sleep. She didn't believe a bit of that crud of dreams being able to hurt her in real life... but.. then again, stranger things have happened. "Come in, Caden..." She said, running a brush through her hair a few times and tossing it in a usual pony-tail. She felt awful, but didn't want it to be obvious at this time...

Caden lifted a brow and stepped inside. He frowned. She had no idea what he was, but he could 'feel' dark magic still pulsating int eh room. He moved his eyes from her and his magic scanned the entire area and then his gaze leveled on her, "What happened?" he asked, "Are you hurt? How did they get in here? There is no breach in your home's defenses..." He strode to her and grabbed her arms and bent to look directly into her eyes, "You must tell me..this is serious Laurana..."

He did not release her but kept that intense gaze locked on her. She would see the fear and concern in his eyes if she looked. His people were presumed dead, but what if that were not true. He felt a ripple of panic rifle through him. Surely they were dead, even Sovalna had assured him they were.

"Caden..! No.. I'm fine..." She lied, seeing how freaked he was, she gripped his arms tightly, trying to show him she could still function. "Please, calm down! It wasn't anything physical... but I have to tell you something... " She could tell that he was on the brink of telling her all about himself, which she longed to know, but first, she had to make him know this wasn't an ordinary security-breach. "I sometimes have really, really intense dreams. They often result in me thrashing around and seeming like I am fighting someone... but this time it was worse....." There was no sense in hiding now. Not when he had to come clean as well, sooner or later. It would help immensely when he read the book, she knew. "This time some -demon- in my nightmare was about to kill me. It left ...." She drew up her sweater and tank top reluctantly, just above her chest, revealing the still sizzling claw marks down on her back, from shoulder to waist line. One right down her spleen. "These." She pulled her clothes back down, staring at the ground... "So you see, there's no need to alarm anyone else.. it's just something happening to me." She added, feeling very much like a freak.