Caden scooped her up and hoisted her over his shoulder and walked out of the lair, "The longer you delay the more people will die." he said, "He strode into the center of the caves, "Hear me!" he said loudly, "pack and run! Higher into the mountains, The Douglas has found us again."

People scurried about and were very quickly moving out the back of the tunnel which led to the deeper and more dangerous parts of the highland mountains. He carried her on his shoulder as he continued to call into every tunnel of the caves. He knew they were all ready to run on a moment's notice, so he wasn't worried. Only for Sovalna and Morden, who would be bearing the danger for the rest of them to escape, but he also knew that they could teleport, kind of away from danger at the last moment, once they were sure everyone was gone.

He eventually set her on her feet and looked at her, "Now.." He said, "One...when Sovalna says leave you leave. Two...I have no idea what she saw, only what she said. You heard that as well. You must live or all is lost. Three...Sovalna and Morden are more than able to do what she said, and live to fight another day. Now we go." He grabbed her elbow and started to walk again at a fairly brisk pace giving her a glance that said she could and would end up over his shoulder again if she made him do so.

A brilliant pain flared suddenly in her chest at the harshness of this sudden danger. She'd only just gotten to know some of these brave people, and didn't want any of them dead. But if this was the only way to keep even a few of them alive, then she would leave. She looked saddened as she left, hating herself even worse as her feet ended up flying behind him to catch up with his brisk pace. She hated that he was right.. it was useless! All of it! Why bother keeping her alive if she couldn't even save the clan physically, right at that time! Tears streamed from her eyes, but she could only go, pulled along by currents of danger she didn't fully understand, only thinking of a magic spell just then that might help protect the people, even as she left.. She soon felt her magic again, and sent protective blessings, around the people, praying that no harm would befall any of them. She kept being pulled along by Caden, but her legs were soon tiring, a pain in her side was catching up to her, but she still tried to keep up, not wanting to be tossed over his mean shoulder! She was going to give him an earfull soon as the danger passed!

Caden saw she was struggling and scooped her up and carried her in both arms and instantly his stride lengthened and he left most of those who had happened to be with them for a time far in his wake. They were hearty people but Caden was a beast of a man. He felt her magic flare and wondered what she was doing but did not ask. He was focused on getting her safely away and into a livable place. They were running out of options truth be told, but he knew now the journey for the Douglas and his men would be more dangerous as well, and that a few of them would fall to the elements or accents as well. The few his ranks the better their chances.

He kept up the blistering pace for hours and hours, carrying her like she weighed nothing. Finally he saw their destination ahead and he put her down. "You have to trust me now," he said, "We must climb up this cliff. I will climb and you will have to hold onto me, would you prefer to be in front or in back?' he asked. "It will go faster if you are in back, but no matter your choice we will get up there."

Laurana was glad to climb onto Caden's massively strong back, and she didn't weigh much, so hopefully he wouldn't tire. "Okay... I've got a good grip.. I think." She had her arms around his neck and shoulders, but not too tightly, she didn't want to choke him or hinder him in any way since this was going to be a long, really steep climb, he'd have enough worries getting to the top without her making it more difficult! She just hoped they'd be able to get there without anything attacking them. Her heart was still racing from fleeing the cave.

Last edited:
Caden waited until she said she was securely holding on and then he started up the steep face of the cliff. It was obvious he had some skill or practice doing so, because he found grips and footholds easily, and even with her on his back he was moving quickly. She'd feel strong muscles working and once at the top he reached around and grabbed her behind, "Forgive my familiarity Laurana," he said and he pushed her behind and legs up to the ledge and then hoisted himself up and over as well.

They were very high in the mountains, so high that they were actually masked from view by clouds. The view from where they were once they stood was breathtakingly beautiful. Caden drew in a deep breath and let it out slowly, "I shall miss these highlands," he said in that deep voice. He offered her his hand now to help her over some craggy rocks that made the cave they were entering look like the mouth of some great beast. "Once we are inside we can rest and ahve something to eat." he said gently, knowing he'd been pushing hard all day.

She shook her head slightly... definitely admiring his muscles, and certainly not minding the familiarity of his large hands helping her up to the cave entrance... It really was beautiful here, the view so stunning she forgot a moment the inability to take deep breaths in such altitudes. She had to slow her breathing to get air, but once she did, she was alright. "It is gorgeous up here.. but Caden... why did I have to leave? What did Solvana see? Was there truly no way for me to help them back there? I mean.. what if we've left them all to their deaths?" She couldn't help it, she felt so sad about her desertion of the people, she could scarcely handle the guilt raging inside her. If she had such strong magic, surely she could have casted some massive spell at Douglas to at least knock him out, if not stop him completely from hurting anyone. She felt useless.

Caden helped her inside and put his hands to the cave walls and chairs formed on the sides of the cave wall and he sat her in one of them and himself in the other.

"Laurana," he said gently, "We left no one to their deaths," he assured her. "The people are about two hours behind us, maybe less. I usually get to the new place first and create homes in the dave for everyone. As for Sovalna and Morden, they will simple shift themselves to my location once they are sure everyone is safely away, until then they will hold a heavy barricade in place magically from behind it." He leaned forward and rested his hands on his knees, "And I know what you are thinking...why can't we just use our magic and kill the Douglas?" he shook his head, "We cannot because he has one of our crystals. The crystals absorb all magic, and if you cast a spell the crystal will steal every magic spark in your body and your soul as well, and then he will destroy the crystal and you are gone forever. NO...we cannot fight him, but we can prepare you to cast the ever hidden spell and he will no longer be able to track us and we will be able to live in peace and rebuild our families." He was looking at her very seriously, "It is very important that you understand this, Laurana. This is not a fight we can win. It is one that we must never fight, and in that way we win."

He rose then and stretched a bit, "Now...you rest and I will make homes for the people who will be here shortly. Have you ever tried to create food?" he asked. "f not this might be a good time to try."

Fatigue was settling in Laurana like a ton of bricks, but she ignored it, knowing Caden was just as tired, or maybe not... he seemed energetic as ever. She was relieved however, that the people were going to be safe. "He can do all that with crystals? That's horrible." She said, feeling worried about their chances. As for creating food.... "You mean.. create food with magic?" She asked, thinking a bit. On her mind, was definitely a craving for cheese burgers and soda, with fries. Instantly a whole two plates of the McDonalds' quarter pounder with cheese, fries, and two coca colas appeared before them. "I'll make sure it's edible.." She volunteered, taking a bite of hers. Delicious. She assured him the food was fine, and ate her's with ease. She'd not realized how hungry she'd been since leaving Earth! Weird. But she was tired as well, and looked forward to a nap, even the ground looked soft. Still, she didn't want to rest yet..."How is it you have magic,..like me? I thought only royals had it?" She added, remembering what he'd told her.

Caden looked at the food she'd created with a little bit of a strange look in his eyes, "What IS that?' he asked as he lifted it a sniffed at it. He saw her eating it though and he was in fact very hungry, so he took a bit. It was odd tasting but he was hungry so he ate it all. he looked at the cup with the thing in it and then looked at her, "What is that?" he asked as he popped the lid off and drank some only to spit it out a second alter. "Oh that is awful...sorry." he lifted a french fry and nodded, "Ahh potatoes."

She asked why he had magic and he just grinned, "Well...apparently I am royal as well." he said with a shrug, "Not your line of royalty but I have just a little royal blood which is why I had to apprentice under Morden to develop properly." Lies all of it but what she didn't need to know, she didn't need to know. He was from the OTHER line of Fae, the one most people feared, but he'd been driven out of his land and the former Queen had taken him in. No one here knew he was dark fae, and he was happy with it that way. He looked at her then, "Maybe you'd like to practice a bit?' he asked, "You can help make living quarters in the cave here...we need fourteen separate living spaces at least. Plus, Morden's Shop and Sovalna's lair." He tapped his head, "Also...when you feel tired you can touch any physical thing, a rock a plant, whatever and you will feel energy flow into your body....in case youa re feeling tired..."

Wow.. having this kind of power... was incredible! And Laurana sensed Caden was hiding something, but she didn't pry. But his reaction to the McDonald's food had her laughing. She changed his meal into whole mashed potatoes, with brown gravy, and a steak, hoping he'd eat more of that instead. His drink became a lovely lemon-iced tea.

She thought about his words. Could she truly create that much with her magic? If so, would it be possible to make some sort of crystal to trap Douglas' soul inside, for eternity? Or maybe reflect his power somehow and free all the other trapped souls. This was probably beyond her ability right now however, so she focused instead, on adding many rooms; each comfortable with beds, dressers, closets, writing desks, and even added indoor plumbing bathrooms, with massive bath tubs and hot showers. She added everything she thought the people would need; including a huge kitchen area fully-stocked with all sorts of food and drinks in the fridge/cabinets. And working stove. She really out did herself with personalized decorations for each living space, and made the cave exceptionally pretty, even giving the cave entrance a large, sturdy metal door that had extra locks and a security camera, to see who went in and out. She added plants, flowers and made sure everything was working properly, before she touched a wall of the cave, drawing energy to replenish. It was almost evening by the time she was finished making the cave bigger, more spacious, and beautiful. Not to mention with plenty of modern touches she'd explain later.

• Love
Reactions: PoetLore
She made different food and he kind of recognized it so he sat and ate it all. The drink he sniffed and made a face but he tried it and finished that as well. He went to create things on his side of the cave and left her to try her hand at it on her side.

He came back a while later and lifted a brow, "Hopefully they will not have to leave again," he said, "They will be tempted to stay in there. What are all those things?' he asked.

"That's a toaster, microwave, dish washer, drier and washer over there in the hallway.... There's the sink for washing dishes by hand, plenty of dishsoap... um... I'll go ahead and show you how to use the washer and drier so you can help me teach the others." She immediately went to her duffle bag, and pulled out her shirts, jeans, socks, undies, bras, and a few sweaters; then made a container of lavender gain detergent appear. She held up the bright green and orange labeled container and poked Caden, then pointed at the detergent: "Never, ever, ever drink this stuff. I don't want anyone poisoned by the chemicals. Of course I may have to hide them better." She added, pouring in a cup full and then explaining all the settings on the washer and drier to use. She did a better move, and made a list of how to operate the modern gadgets, posting them all on the walls above the appliances. She then settled in and did the laundry.

"Sorry, if the modern stuff is complicated, but it'll probably help with everyone's daily living a bit more." She explained. On her side of the cave, everything was very pretty: A pale shimmering blue for most of the furniture in her bedroom, and of course, lots of books to read. They might have some time on their hands to enjoy this creation if they were lucky. She still couldn't get over how fun it was to simply create things, and was having fun. But soon they'd all had plenty of everything and she figured she could take a break for a moment. "I hope we don't have to leave again either... That's always traumatizing when you have to leave your home like they did today..." She agreed, hating Douglas more and more.

Caden watched her with a raised brow and listened as she explained things. "And this is EASIER? you say?" he asked as he rubbed the nape or his neck, "I know the women will all want your side of the cave," he chuckled, "I bet even Morden will," he let out a howl of laughter at the image of Morden in one of her 'pretty' places.

"Laurana," he said gently, "They are used to what happened today. It has been our life for more than three years. Douglas' wife should never have allowed one of our crystals to fall into his hands. She betrayed us all in that moment." He frowned, "We used to be able to live peaceably among the humans without being detected, but she cast us all at her husband's feet when she allowed him to know the truth of her crystal and of our people. Humans cannot be trusted with such knowledge, they will either kill the people as Douglas seeks to do, or they will abuse the power for profit, as has happened in the past to some of my people."

Laurana grinned as he laughed at Morden, but sobered as soon as she heard about the betrayal caused by Douglas' Wife. "Perhaps its not so different from Earth, then... everyone betrays everyone else there as well." She said thoughtfully. She thought again about a crystal powerful enough to trap Douglas' soul. . . and had to know if it was possible. "Caden.. if I could.. maybe create a crystal or sphere... that was powerful enough to trap Douglas' soul for eternity...... should I just........try it now?" She faltered, knowing it might not work, or she might not be -that- gifted... but it was worth a shot. Even though she had no idea how she'd even get close enough to Douglas to try such a plan.

Caden shook his head, "No Laurana," he said gently, "Douglas is not like us. He would just die, and he will die eventually. Trapping his soul is not necessary or even worth attempting. He has no magic, or any abilities. He is a human man with a great deal of fear in his heart over things that he cannot understand or control, hence the reason for his hunting and exterminating us as a group."

Shrugging his shoulders then, "I believe all we need to the ever hidden spell, and for him to believe he has finished his task and we can return to live in peace in the far mountains in our vale. We fled there when he began tracking us so that he would not discover it. We do not belong among them," he said, "None of our kind should ahve ever attempted it, but sadly...they broke tradition and threw caution to the wind and ventured forth. I intend to lead us all back to the vale when this is all over. You can decide then if you wish to stay or return to your time."

Stay or return to her world.. .well that was a question wasn't it. She was surprised she hadn't once been homesick for her time and place at all since being here. Strange. "Then I'll have to try and find this nearly impossible spell.." She sighed, resting her head on a countertop in the kitchen. She had no idea what to do, really. She felt lost just then. A magic-user, just learning the depths of her power, yet unknown magic lied within her as well. She wished she felt more confident, more at ease with her gifts... but all she really felt was hopeless. Pain showed in her eyes at the thought of not finding the spell in time... "Caden.. I need to know more...about this spell everyone is so sure I can cast.. what does it do? Maybe if I knew what it does, I can have more chances at finding it."

Caden watched her tear herself apart about things that were not her doing, and which she had only become aware of less than a day ago. "Laurana," he said as he crossed over to her, "The spell speaks it's will," he said, "It hides whatever it is cast upon forever. You could very likely cast it now, but it would not be strong enough to hide us all. And...I ahve not created the scene of death that the Douglas must find...He must believe us all gone, before he will stop hunting, but the spell will ensure once he ceases, we will be truly free once more."

He held up an apple and placed it on the counter before her, "Try to hide this." he said, "You need only think your desires and they will come to pass. It is the nature of your magic. There is no 'spell' to cast. It is raw and pure magic that you wield."

Laurana gave Caden a dirty look as he placed the apple on the counter, but focused anyway on the magic. She focused on the apple simply disappearing; it was there, but she calmed herself, took a few deep breaths, and concentrated. Pretty soon, the apple "Wasn't" on the table at all! "Like that..? Can I Try it on you?" She asked, wondering if she could practice more. Making people invisible would certainly help out in their situation. Especially if Douglas tracked them here. She would have to hide away the place entirely somehow...~

Caden scooped up the apple and took a bite, "Nooot quite," he said, "The ever hidden magic does not make one invisible, it makes them discernible in any way. Not to any human sense, not smell or touch or hearing.." He took another bite of the apple, "But...very good for a first attempt."

He lifted a hand and held it out to her, "You must imagine all the ways a human might be able to see, or find a Fae, and remove them all and THAT will be the magic we need." He touched her hand gently, "You do not need to learn everything in one day Laurana," he said in a tender voice, though the deep tones of it still seemed to rumble over you, "we do not have a great amount of time, but we have more than a day." He lifted her hand to his lips and brushed a gentle kiss there before stepping back and bowing slightly, "I believe we are about to ahve some very impressed People arriving any minute. They will definitely be falling at your feel now." he said and there was a true honest smile on his face for the first time. It changed him, and made him appear younger and more handsome by far.

Oh goodness..! Laurana smiled as he kissed her, definitely responding positively. Something in her chemistry went bonkers for this guy. She'd had boyfriends, dates, and almost was engaged back on earth, sure... but guys there were certainly too aggressive for her liking, and after too many times of being hurt, she gave up on dating on her planet. But Caden... there was really something gentle inside him, despite how awesomely strong and angry he could sometimes be. She was giddy that he liked her that way, her violet eyes sparkled. "Well let's show off the place then. . . and Caden....?" She was still flushed from that kiss. "You can kiss me like that again any time.." She told him, feeling juuuust marginally bolder than her normally timid self.~

• Love
Reactions: PoetLore