Morden, for his part, was feeling a bit violated and vulnerable. "I am fine my Queen," he said, "May I be allowed to move now Caden?" he asked.

Caden had used an outlandish amount of energy himself, not allowing Laurana to give him everything she was trying to give. He turned upon hearing his voice and offered a soft smile, "Yes of course," he said, "Forgive me...I know that spell is not pleasant."

Morden once freed of the paralyzing spell patted his chest, even lifting his shirt and then looked up at Caden, "HOW did you do that?"

Caden huffed, "Good to know I have a few secrets I can teach you, old Man." he said and then sank into a chair. His elbows were on his knees and his shoulders and head drooped a it, in a look of complete and total exhaustion.

Laurana immediately hurried to Caden, helping him, trying to get him off the floor. "Morden..please, help me get him back to bed. I am sure hell be just fine once hes rested a while. That was a lot of energy, even with my help." she smiled at Morden, still flooding Caden with her own energy, trying to replenish what hed lost.

Caden pushed himself up so she'd stop fussing. He was weak, yes, but he wasn't going to die. Going to bed seemed like a nice idea though, especially if she was coming along. He held up his hand to Morden, "don't bother," he said, "I can manage..." he said as he moved to the bed and sat down.

Morden huffed, "Manage eh?' he said, "See that you manage to sleep." he said and then pointed at Laurana, "See that he does. Sleep that is." He looked from one to the other, obviously guessing at their earlier activity.

Caden waved a hand at him, "Go back to your hovel, Morden," he said, "I will sleep. We will come seee you tomorrow for more lessons. You will be able to tell if I did or didn't."

Morden nodded, "Indeed I will..." And then turned and left. "Been away from home too long already." he said as he went out the door obviously upset he'd been forced into it at all.

Laurana chuckled, waving goodbye to Morden, and even sending him a wave of healing energy as well, before taking his good advice, and walking right back to the bed, wrapping her arms around Caden and kissing his neck. "You were amazing just now, did you know that?" she told him, smiling.

Caden huffed and wrapped an arm around her waist. "I had great motivation to be so," he said and kissed her neck. He let his fingers sift through her hair gently, "How could I take the chance that you would be hurt again?' he asked, "How could I let the demon have Morden?"

He took in a deep breath, "I do need to rest," he said and kissed her cheek, "will you let me hold you while I sleep?' he asked as he almost fell back on the bed with his feet still on the floor.

"of course. id like that." Laurana agreed, helping Caden get all the way back to bed, and tucking both of them in with the blankets. She snuggled in the crook of his strong arm, happy things ended with no one getting hurt."Youre just good at everything." she told him, her own eyes closing as she drifted into an easy rest as well.

Caden just huffed at ehr comment and was out cold a second later. With Azreal gone they could really focus on her training so that she could cast the spell. He was glad, he slept deeply and peacefully because of it.

He woke early the next morning, feeling her close to his side and a smile formed on his lips. He liked this, it felt right. She felt tiny and his protective instincts kicked into overdrive every time he looked at her. They were very soon going to have to have a talk about the future, but for now he was glad to share this time with her.

He carefully slipped out of bed and went to try and use the kitchen again. Last time he used the hearth but this time he actually tried to use the things she'd created for the space. The toaster wasn't too difficult, but the stove itself was a little elss user friendly. He did figure it out, but he wasn't sure about the amount of heat and so things were at first not cooking, and then burning. He eventually decided upon a setting and cooked the eggs and bacon. It took three times as long as it would ahve on the fire, but he felt like maybe tomorrow, it would go a bit smoother. At least he hoped so.

He set the table magically, a nice cloth and the pretty dishes she'd created. There was a small vase with fragrant lilacs in the center of the table. He poured coffee in the mugs, and everything was perfectly placed, including a fruit medley was ready. He went back to the room and leaned over her on the bed and kissed her softly, "Hungry?" he asked. "breakfast is ready."

• Love
Reactions: Maggie
Yawning, she smelled first thing, something burnt! but then it smelled more like a normal, tasty breakfast waiting for the two of them. "Very. Morning handsom." She sat up, hugged him close, then slipped out of bed to take a hot shower, and changing into a flowing pink top over her bra, and even a matching pink skirt that went to her ankles. She managed to tame her wild hair and settled it in a braid, before walking over to enjoy breakfast with Caden. Magically, she cleaned the entire kitchen, then ate her eggs and bacon. "See, the stoves only intimidating the first few times, youre getting the hang of it." she encouraged.

Caden smiled, "Good morning Beautiful," he said kissing her sleepy self. He watched her go into the shower and had to fight the urge to join her, knowing they'd never get out of the house if he did. He noted her clothes, "I like that....it suits you. Bright and feminine." He led her to the table and held the chair as she sat.

He nodded, "I am," he agreed, "But I think the fire is easier. I may change my mind in a year or two. Time will tell."

He ate his breakfast ad had planned to clean up but she did that before he had a chance. "So...I think we should go check on Morden and let him give you more exercise..."

He frowned and pushed his chair back and went to the book which was glowing and flashing oddly. "What the devil?" He looked through it until he found the glowing area. He started to scan and snapped the book closed and hid it behind his back and peered at her for a LONG time as if in shock.

Laurana chuckled, then gazed at Caden in surprise as she looked at what was going on in his eyes. "Caden..? What's happening?" She asked, wondering what he was staring at in the book. She'd planned on having a nice relaxing day with him and checking on Morden as well, but at this rate, things would have to wait, as she was sure this issue with the book was going to start some kind of problem! "Why's the book glowing...?" She stepped closer to him and gazed closer at the book, was it trying to tell them something, or just recording everything that was happening the past few days? The book was such a mystery to her!

Caden was in such shock he couldn't even reply. He opened the book and showed her what the book had been recording. It said...

So the queen, Laurana gave her heart and body to the future king that night, and their union was blessed by the heavens with a child that night. The future heir of the kingdom was safely held within the queen's body. Their love continued to blossom....

He was looking at her wondering what she would think of all of that. He had not said he loved her, though he did. Nor had they spoken of being married or ruling together and yet, there it was. They certainly hadn't spoken of children...his eyes fell to her stomach and his expression softened. A child was there, his child. He felt love well up and he set the book down. He stepped forward and took her hands in his, "I am not sure how you feel about all of this..." he said and then lifted her hands to kiss them, "But I am not sorry to have created a child with you. I am so unworthy, but I do love you."

Laurana read the book's words and gasped... Pregnant...! A baby in her stomach? She felt shock rock her to her soul, a cold fear washed over her. She'd never had real parents, a good family.. she'd no idea how to handle this news... "Pregnant... oh god..." She whispered, overwhelmed. She was happy to carry his child, she wanted to be married to this man, and only him. But how would this birth go? She'd no idea what to expect.. "I have to know.. how the birth will turn out, Caden.. does the book say anything about the child?" She asked, her voice a hoarse whisper. "I love the idea of having a baby with you, don't think otherwise.. I'm just,... scared I won't be a good mom.. and what if something happens?" She asked, expressing the majority of her worry. It made her dizzy.

Caden wasn't sure he understood her, she looked upset and maybe even a bit terrified. He frowned and then he heard the worries. "How can someone as kind and caring as you not be a good mother. Children need love, and guidance. You can and will give that..." he grinned at her then, "You are thinking too much...and no...it hasn't said anything else yet, because it only records what it knows. The sex of the child is determined a bit later I believe. I have kind eliminated the ability to have a romantic declaration of any kind by letting you read that, but I knew you wouldn't let it drop. I had no intention of ruling with you, but apparently I will be. I am sorry. I wanted you to be able to choose a white fae king from among the clans. I did not mean to trap you into having me."

He sighed a bit, "I will try to make you happy, and be a good father." He couldn't promise more, he had no idea what else he would be able to do. He was still reeling from the idea of being a father.

Laurana hugged and kissed Caden to shush his worries. A white fae king sounds dorky, and secondly, you are wonderful in all ways. Id rather spend my life with you than anyone else. im only surprised and worried i wont be the best mom for our baby. our child was conceived in love, Caden, and deserves the best. Will you help me be a great mom?" she asked him, holding his hands tightly.

Caden smiled at her, "Well, I will ahve to be glad you never met any of the white fae's then," he said with a huff. "You won't need help Laurana," he said with a smile, "You are kind and loving and you share yourself with all of the people without reservation. You will do the same with our child. All children really need is love, and time." He pulled her close and held her next to him. "If you really wanted to know more about the baby...We could go see the seer." He put it out there so she wouldn't be stressed and crazed, but he was happy to just wait and see what it was when the time came. he didn't care either way.

"You sure you'll be happy with an abandoned elf king by your side?" he asked and leaned back to smile at her, "I do love you. And I am not saying that because of the book. I started feeling it before we ever came back here."

Laurana hugged Caden tightly, not wanting to let him go, ever. She was reassurd about being a good mother, and that he would be by her side throughout their lives. Enemies and danger seemed far away, and all she wanted right then was to snuggle with him all day in bed. But she was certainly curious about their unborn child. "Yes,I am happy with you, and we should go see Solvana, she might have other news for us as well." She did feel a bit isolated from knowing what was going on in the caves; but she was just glad there didn't seem to be any danger for right now. She was going to have to be extra careful not to stress out now that she was pregnant. She dragged Caden out of the room, making sure both of them were properly dressed, then hurried to Sovalna's door, knocking politely.

Sovalna opened the door just as Laurana knocked, "I have been expecting you Highness," she said and nodded to Caden, "Caden." She had no real dislike fro Caden, but rather enjoyed making him feel uncomfortable.

Caden rolled his eyes, because he knew she couldn't see him doing it, "Always a pleasure Sovalna," he said as they entered. "You were expecting us?" he asked skeptically.

Sovalna huffed, "You are such an unbeliever, Caden," she reproved, "Yes, I was expecting you. You want to know about the child." she said and ushered them in to take a seat.

Caden frowned, "HOW can you possibly know about that?"

Sovalna lifted her hand a book flew into her hand, "Did you believe you ahve the only copy?" she asked.

He huffed, "Well...yes. But i see now that I was grossly misinformed."

Sovalna shook her head, "I never said there was only one copy, only that you needed to guard that book with you life, and never show it to anyone but the Queen." She wagged her finger before his face, "I do not lie." Turning away from him then she went to the Queen and her entire countenance was changed to one of welcome, friendliness. "Now my Queen, how can I be of assistance to you this day?"

Laurana hesitated, as she always wanted to be conscious of asking the right questions! She thought a moment, then finally spoke. "I would like to know.... is the babe a boy or girl... and will he or she have both our powers?" She stopped there, not wanting to overwhelm or ask too many questions at a time, though so many were racing in her mind almost causing a mild panic attack.~

Sovalna grinned and moved to pluck a hair from her head as she moved by her to the pot. "Please make yourself comfortable, "I will inquire." she did as they'd both seen several times before, grabbing the large paddle and stirring and then peering into the pot with unseeing eyes.

Caden always found it odd that a blind woman would 'see' in such a fashion, but he'd never known her to be wrong. It irritated him that she'd never been wrong, but he couldn't argue with her track record. he helped Laurana sit down and then took a seat beside her to watch and wait. He suspected that Sovalna made this whole thing look a lot more elaborate than ti needed to be for show, but again, he could not prove it. And he was damn sure not going to ask, or accuse her of it.

Sovalna returned to them some time later and smiled at Luarana, "The baby is healthy and will be born at the expected time. A son, with the power of elvin healing and the power of Fae magic as well."

Laurana, opposite of Caden's skepticism, admired Sovalna's ability to make all the answers clear, and interesting at the same time! She relied greatly on the woman's wisdom, and ability to see the truth. She was also very pleased to hear she was carrying a baby boy in her stomach; and that he would be healthy and very powerful. "Sovalna, your wisdom is always appreciated, I thank you again... I guess my next question is: Am I going to be able to give birth and survive? I've never been a mom... I just want to make sure I will be here for our son's life." She explained, having a warm feeling in her heart. Being a mom... and being Caden's soon-to-be wife... that was pretty amazing! She couldn't have ever imagined such a new life for herself back on Earth; where she was virtually invisible. But here she was loved, and finding she loved Caden very deeply in return; she couldn't imagine life without him.