Caden smiled, "I had already realized as much," he said honestly, "And it will not seem a hardship at first. It is just that over time people grow weary of the same faces and the same routine. I am not sure there is a way to make that better. But it is far better than being hunted like animals. I know of no one that is left that will not be happy to enter the glen and prosper again." He scooped ehr up and carried her back to the bed and sat there cuddling her close, "You should take a nap, before we go back to Morden for another lesson." he said.

A nap sounded wonderful just then. She allowed him to carry her back to bed. As she curled up against him, she felt a bit playful. She gently ran her nails over his back under his shirt, then made cat like purring sounds while nibbling very softly on his earlobe, just to make him shiver. She definitely felt like her ornery self!

Caden huffed out a chuckle at ehr teasing, "That will not result in napping, at least not any time soon." he said and took her hands in his and held them to his chest, "Rest Laurana...you both need it." He said closing his eyes though a smile was on his face. He liked when she was playful, but there were things to do and she'd used a lot of energy this morning. She needed to rest.

Sovalna at the very moment had a visit from the baker. He had as was his daily practice brought her bread, and sweets. And then spent an hour over tea talking and enjoying her company. Today however there was one watching and who then returned to his home and sat staring at the flames in the hearth. So Caden had not been lying, to provoke him. He had been telling the truth. Morden sat pondering not at all sure what he should do.

She mock pouted at Caden..."but we never seem to have alone time....okay okay...but after lessons are done..." She smiled mischeviously before closing her eyes and drifting into an easy sleep. For some strange reason, she saw mostly different colors in her dreams. And lots of clouds to.

The baker was a handsome, if somewhat elderly fae man in his late forties, with pale silver hair around his ears, 6'2 in height, a triangular shaped face with ice blue eyes. He'd liked Sovalna ever since they were younger, and though Morden was interested in the seer, he was too scared to leave his home to even visit her. So Nathan gladly took over, and as he set the delicious treats and drinks exacyly in the places he knew Sovalna wanted them, he gave a courteous bow of respect and a handsome smile. "How are you faring this afternoon, Sovalna?" He asked taking a seat across from her.

Sovalna smiled when the knock at the door was heard. She knew who it was, same time every day and the smell of his offerings reached her before he ever knocked on the door. "Hello Nathan," she said as she opened the door for him. She had to admit, his kindness was charming. She had no idea what he looked like, since she'd never actually touched his face to map out an image in her mind. The truth was, that it didn't matter what he looked like, since she couldn't see him. What mattered to her was that he gave the most important thing, time. Every day, and that meant a great deal to her.

She sat in her chair,a nd didn't have to wonder where anything was, he took that extra time to make sure she could easily find everything by making sure it was always arranged the same way every day. Not always the same thing, but in the same places. "It has been rather eventful," she said with a huffof laughter. "Caden had the nerve to toss me over his shoulder and drag me from my home this morning. The insolent brute."

She shook her head and smiled, "How has you day been, Nathan?" she asked not wanting to bore him with her tale. "Whatever this is...it smelled fantastic..." She lifted it to her lips and took a bite.

Nathan rose his eyebrows! "Indeed he is barbaric at best. I'm surprised Our Queen has taken such a shine to him... she seems.. a bit more delicate." He blushed at his blunt observation. "Though I've no doubt she's got the strength of a lion." He added, feeling embarrassed. He did his best to not overstep his bounds, but protocols in this place changed as much as the weather. Still, he admired Queen Laurana for all her bravery since living among them and sharing a bit of the future with them. He hadn't touched any of the electronics; but he did have a fondness for the bread maker -and- the toaster. He was even getting better at making some of that weird powdered food, and coffee. He especially loved the soups! He wondered vaguely about Douglas and other enemies, but so far nothing had happened since Queen Laurana and Caden had been together... but something unusual had happened as well. "Sovalna.. I must ask.. .what was that strange flash of bright rainbow colored light...we all saw it earlier, it went even past the great forests. What happened?" He asked, mostly because he was as curious as everyone else about the strange lights that had filled the entire place! Nathan wasn't pushy when it came to questioning their lovely seer. He knew she got enough trouble from Caden.

"Caden has worked hard to keep us all safe," she said, "And he risked his life to go to the future and find the Queen. So I choose to forgive him for this morning's escapade." he asked what the rainbow light was and she smiled, "It was the queen trying to cast the hidden spell without knowing what the spell is. She did touch a deep part of her magic though. Hopefully it was mistaken for a rainbow and not magic. Or else the Douglas will find us here as well." She frowned and let out a slow breath, "It was my fault though, I asked her if she was practicing her magic and that she needed to let it flow. She is trying so hard to find the spell, that she causes herself to pass out from exhaustion."

she finished the treat he'd made her and drank some of the coffee he'd learned to make, she was quite fond of it as well. "This ...coffee?" she said, "It is very ... rich in flavor. Thank you for bringing it. I think I am soon to be very addicted to it." She reached over to him, "And thank you Nathan," she said with a smile on her face, "For giving me your time every day. I look forward to this...I wanted you to know."

Nathan smiled, though concern reached his eyes as Sovalna mentioned what that flash was. Douglas had never been this quiet for such a long time without attacking them or running them out of their homes like animals. Perhaps Laurana and Caden were powerful enough that Douglas wasn't eager as he once was to even go near them anymore? Or was he planning something truly hideous? If anything happened to Queen Laurana, they were done for. Though he wasn't as worried as he used to be. Caden was powerful, and extremely protective of her. Almost like a pissed off dragon with a habit of burning anything that moved, he thought, hiding his smile behind a drink of hazelnut coffee. In his lifetime, he'd seen a few wars, fought a few great battles, and was one of the few odd ones with massive scars across his back he never let anyone see or get close to heal. They reminded him cruelty was a living force as much as love. "I'm fond of it as well. I'm glad our queen has such interesting recipes. I was wondering.. would you care to take a brief stroll outside tonight? Only to the lake and back. The stars are supposed to be very clear this evening..I thought a little fresh air would do some good." There. He'd asked, fully okay if she told him no. But hopeful she'd agree.

Sovalna smiled, "She did bring a lot of interesting ideas back from the future," she agreed, "I believe she is still holding classes to teach people to use them as well." There was a humorous light in her unseeing eyes at that saying. She could not see with her eyes but they did show emotions, to those who were not afraid to look.

She had a look of surprise on her face when he asked if she wanted to go for a walk. "Why Nathan," she said and smiled a bright smile, "I would love to go outside," she said honestly. He was the only one aside from the Queen and Caden, who were not afraid of her. Well, Morden was not afraid of her, he just seemed to loathe her for some reason. She'd stopped trying to figure out why a long time ago. She also did not use her power to see such things as that. It felt like an abuse of a gift to her. She was content to live ehr life one day at a time. "Will you do me the honor of sharing what you see?' she asked, "You are so very eloquent with words. I think you would do the scene justice and help me to see it through you."

Nathan smiled ruefully, having forgotten she would not see the skys radiance. Her eyes were a brilliant cloudy Blue, and she always seemed capable of taking care of herself and others brilliantly. She was the only one who'd been able to find the queen. "I will tell you all the details, Sovalna, and you'll miss out on nothing." He assured her, finishing his coffee and a bagel. He rose then, needing to go get a tad more comfortable for their date. He also would need a quilt, blankets as well as champagne for them to enjoy. "Then I will bid you farewell only for a few hours Sovalna, and return at 8pm for our date. Will you be alright once I'm out?" He asked, knowing she could take care of herself, but if she needed anything, he was there.

She smiled at him, "I will be as I always am, Nathan," she said. "And i will see you then." She walked with him to the door, knowing he had his tray and all his things in his hands, and opened the door for him. Her space was always the same and so she could navigate in here without a problem. She had the entirety of the rooms memorized. Once he was gone she began to wonder about her appearance, for the first time in probably ages. She had no idea whatsoever if her clothes matched, or if they were even arranged correctly. She didn't usually pay that much attention. She'd thought his visits were just out of kindness, not because he'd thought of anything more.

She went to her room and felt around in her closet. She had things in there arranged by outfit, but she hadn't had anyone look for a while to be sure they were correct, or that the colors had not faded, or that she had not put something in there incorrectly. Now she was cursing her stubborn independence spirit, as foolish. She felt along the clothes and hit upon the only gown she owned. That would solve the matching problem. She went to the bathroom and began to ready herself. He would not return for a few hours but it would take all of that time to make herself presentable to go outside away from her rooms.

Laurana woke from a long, deep sleep when the sun began to set. She very gently disentangled herself from Cadens strong arms, feeling refreshed, but in need of a warm shower. Her stomach growled meanly at her for going too many hours without food. She took her shower first, washing thoroughly with vanilla shampoo/soaps. After her shower, she changed into a pale green blouse and skirt. Still half asleep, Laurna made eggs and toast with butter and strawberry jelly before wandering back to the desk, reading a book.

Sovalna showered and applied a lotion to her legs and arms that smelled of lavender. She dressed carefully, actually paying attention to the closures and the seams in a way she hadn't bothered to do in a very long time. It made her realize how separate she'd begun to feel, and how empty her life was. She went out to the hearth and brushed her hair before the fire to dry it. It was long almost to her waist, and had a natural wave to it. The color was a soft brown but with slight streaks of golden yellow throughout. She rarely allowed her hair to flow freely, but since she was going to be walking with Nathan she wanted to try and look like a woman and not a seer.

It took a long while for her hair to dry in this way, but she knew it would be shining and soft from the horsehair brush dragging through it so many times. It was nearly time for him to arrive, by her internal calculations, and the nerves were beginning to settle in to torture her.

Caden woke up and noticed the empty bed and frowned, SHE needed sleep not him, what was happening? He was up and off the bed in a second and found her at a desk, thankfully. "Hey you," he said as he moved and knelt next to her, "Are you ok?" he asked, "Did you get enough sleep?"

Laurana grinned at Cadens worrying. "I did. The nap was definitely refreshing. How are you?" She asked, looking for all the world as if nothing had happened earlier just to be ornery. She hugged him, and stared in his eyes, noticing he was a bit more anxious than normal. "Did you have a bad dream?" She asked, taking one of his hands in hers.

Nathan was already dressed in a nice grey shirt and black jeans, socks and sneakers. He had everything ready and was just now knocking on Sovalnas door.

Caden shook his head, "No Love," he said, "I never dream. I just didn't like waking up and you weren't there where I thought you were." He said honestly, "I am possessive and I worry. Sue me," he said with a smirk. "So...are you ready to go try another Morden observed lesson?"

Sovalna stood and made her way to the door when she heard the knock. Normally she was there and opened instantly but tonight she had to wait to actually hear the knock, so it took longer for her to get there. She opened the door and smiled, "Hello again Nathan," she said, "Sorry it took so long for me to answer the door. I'm used to the baked good announcing your arrival a few minutes before you arrive at the door."

She winked at Caden, kissing his forehead. "I think its sexy when you're possessive." She said, waggling her eye brows at him. She really did love him. She found it a bit strange he had no dreams however, and voiced her concern... "How do you not dream? I dream every night..." She said, stroking his soft hair. "We should definitely go to Morden for supervised training. Only a few hours though..." She added, not wanting to push things -too- far. She wanted to learn however, not only the hidden spell, but how to make it absolutely impossible for her to drain herself, ever, like she did earlier that day. That would be most inconvenient for her to manage the real spell... only to faint before she made sure it worked. She was still a tad upset about the results from today, though she hid it.

Nathan chuckled, holding out his arm to Sovalna, smelling of a musky, pine-like cologne rather than baked goods for once! He'd done his best to groom himself, and shined up like a new penny, fortunately. He had the basket in one arm, ontop of which a beautiful red, blue, and silver quilt, longer than he was tall, rested. It was a semi-cool night, so he'd also brought a few blankets, just in case she got cold. Temperatures didn't faze him the way they used to. He was specially conditioned to take most kinds of torture or discomfort; now he was solid as a rock, and just as unmovable when he went into protective mode. "You look lovely, Sovalna. I would never want you to go through any trouble on my account; I usually look plain as it is." He said, smiling. He was definitely glad she was going out with him; he really hadn't had much fun in his life time...but that was a sadder story for a later time. He'd make sure nothing spoiled this night.~

Caden grinned and wiggles his brow right back, "Keep that thought in mind for later," he said as he kissed her and then stood up to offer her a hand up from the desk, "Shall we then, "he likes to turn in early..or he used to anyway." He grabbed her jacket and held it out for her to slip her arms into. "It's chill outside, not as cold as it was the other day, but still cold." They were making their way to Morden's when he saw Sovalna and Nathan, "Well well...look at that.." he said with a smile, "He finally asked her out. Good for him..." He said. "And look at Sovalna.....wow..."

Morden was preparing the lesson for Laurana, and trying to find a way to teach her to stop using her mind instead of the magic within her. She was being stubbornly attached her way of using her powers. Unteaching her was proving to be a bit more difficult than he's anticipated. They did still have four days, but was that long enough? He wasn't sure. There were other things troubling his mind as well, but best not to dwell on that. One problem at a time.

Laurana gratefully slipped on the leathery jacket, having felt the chill but refusing to let it bother her. She was already concerned about seeming too weak for the other fae, comparing herself often with those that have used magic and extraordinary talents, their entire lives. She had no real concept that shed come such a long way from being a scared earth girl. She gladly walked out of the cave, studying both Nathan and a years younger looking Sovalna! It did worry her some, that she was barely friends with Morden. He had really upset her that day. She studied Nathan's profile, something about him concerned her for a brief moment. She didn't know why exactly, but there was a look in his eyes that were haunted. She hoped Sovalna wouldn't mind whatever secrets this guy had, but she knew Sovalna was a wonderful, caring woman. She followed Caden to Mordens place. Knocking lightly on the door, she waited for him to answer.

Sovalna looked gorgeous in her outfit, and Nathan felt lucky to be in her presence. He hadn't known too many kind souls like her in the past. But he didn't question her about the future. He took her gently by the elbow and lead her down a safe trail, to the big, oval shaped lake that fluttered like silver in the full moonlight. They sat on the long, plush quilt, and he helped drape another blanket around her shoulders, before pulling out the bottle of champagne; as well as a few glasses, and a plate of spaghetti for them to enjoy. As he served the meal, he hoped the night would continue to be as quiet and peaceful as it was so far.

Morden answered the door and was in time to watch Sovalna walking with Nathan, the baker. He made no expression of his thoughts about the matter but opened the door and ushered them inside and then shut the door behind them. "So I hope you rested," he said without greeting them or even saying anything else. "You are still using your mind to harness the magic," he said and sighed, "We need to find a way to get you to stop doing that. It is why you get the headaches, and the fatigue. The magic is not in your mind," he said pointing to her head, "It is in you..." he said motioning to her entire body in an agitated frantic movement. " He rubbed the bridge of his nose, "You are a fae....born of magic itself. You do not ahve to WORK at it, you ahve to stop getting in the way of it and let it just flow through you as it wants to." He was in a rather foul mood and it showed.

Caden walked over to Morden and gave him a good whack on the arm, "Change you tone or we are leaving." he said with a hard look in his eyes. He was not going to put up with anyone talking to Laurana in that snippy mean tone of voice.

Morden huffed, "Who's going to teach her then? You?" he asked, "That should go well."

Caden narrowed his eyes, "Just because you wasted twenty years and lost a woman is not our fault. If you'd actually cared about her, you would ahve forced yourself to do what was necessary. Honestly Morden. The two of you fight constantly. I'm not sure why you ever thought about her in any way shape or form. And you know I've told you a million times, there are a lot of women here who favor you, but you ahve to leave this damn shop."

Morden could not believe Caden was saying all of this out loud in front of Laurana. Instead of address his words he turned to Laurana, "Forgive me Highness," he said and then grabbed the candle from the table, "I want you to focus on holding this candle suspended in the air. Right where I am holding it. I am going to remove my hand, and you hold it there."

Laurana watched the exchange between Morden and Caden with fascination. She knew Morden meant no real disrespect and that Caden was defending her from any slights or backtalk. But most important, she knew Morden was angry at himself...and hurting. Then as she listened to him say she needed to make the candle float WITHOUT her mind, she realized what an idiot she had been this whole time. Magic...at least to the fae, was like a switch. Once on, she could go on auto piolet and not have to drag so much energy out. As that happened automatically.she nodded at morden, now fully focused."I'm ready. Let the candle go." She instructed.

Nathan really enjoyed their date so far. He was not one who got uncomfortable with long silences, because silence was a sign of deep thoughts or reflection. he gazed at Sovalna, carefully to see if she was enjoying herself. "Is there anything else I can get you, sovalna?" He asked. The stars glittered brilliantly in the black sky, the tree branches swayed gently in the breeze, but hardly anything else was stirring. He noticed how pretty she looked in the starlight and smiled.