Sovalna smiled, "Yes my Queen," she replied, "You will survive and prosper. You will rule and reign over the return to the vale and you will cast the hidden spell. Do not doubt yourself so much," she advised. "Your life here is not like your life in the future. Here you are respected and acknowledged for what you are. The White Queen."

She looked over at Caden then, "And you. If I ever see again that you think you will leave us at any time, I will find you and beat you with my paddle until you cannot ever think of it again."

Caden huffed, "You would get one whack before it was broken in half," he said, "But fear not.. My thoughts and plans have changed. I will not be leaving. I have seen that this is my place, and that fate has decreed it. There was a reason Morden found a barely alive child in the forest." He reached for Laurana's hand and lifted it to his lips, "More than one reason actually."

Laurana held her sides from laughter! Poor Caden, how easily she could picture him being blugeoned by Sovalna's staff or even her cauldron! "I think I would have to help you, if he left, Sovalna would have my help in beating you... I wouldn't mind holding you down while she attacks you." Her eyes turned dreamy then, imagining all the torment they could provoke him with! She sobered a moment later, smiling as she held her stomach gently, wondering what their son would look more like... her or Caden! A cute, tiny Caden running around would just melt her heart to an even bigger puddle! As for that spell... she began thinking more of that as well. What was that spell? Was it already in writing... or was it something she had to learn about herself? Strange, she was learning all her other magic just fine, but not this one..... it did bother her, just a bit.

Sovalna grinned at Laurana, "I thank you my Queen," she said, "For the offer of assistance. Might be it would be needed. But since he has come to his senses, I see we will not be able to have our sport. Pity."

Caden huffed, "I am sorry to deny the two of your this measure of fun, but I must. My son will need a manly influence." he said looking from one of them to the other.

He stood then, "If you ahve no other questions for the seer," he said as he held out his hand to help her up, "I think we should go Check on Morden." he said seriously, "He's probably still trying to recover from leaving his rooms. But I want to make sure he has no ill effects of what I did."

laurana couldn't help a giggle that escaped at Sovalnas words, and Cadens less than impressed expression. but he was right. mordens possession could not have been a pleasant experience, and she knew the two of them should definitely see that he was recuperating from the trauma. "Well see you again soon, Sovalna.Thanks again. let me know if you need any help in here." she added with a smile as she and Caden headed to the door.

Sovalna nodded, "yes I am sure Morden is traumatized," she said, "He is easily traumatized." she smiled sweetly as she said it. "I do not require help Highness, but it is kind of you to offer. Be well and come again whenever you like....and if you MUST bring Caden that will be fine as well."

Caden rolled his eyes and tucked Laurana's hand into the crook of his arm, "Get used to my presence Old woman. I am not going anywhere and she is not coming alone." He led her out the door and shut it behind them with a thud. "She likes to tease me, but I know she secretly loves me."

He grinned as they walked to Morden's. He knocked loudly and waited. He knocked again and then pushed the door open. "Morden?" he called and then moved to the hearth where he saw Morden staring at the fire holding onto his chest. "Are you ok?" he asked.

Morden scooted away from Caden and backed right into Laurana but skittered away from ehr as well. Wide eyes looking at them both. "Just...stay over there.." he said.

Caden was looking at him curiously and with a deep frown, "What is the matter with you?"

Morden pointed, "ME?" he asked, "What is the matter with YOU?" His hand was trembling and he pulled it back and folded his arms at his chest. "You ...stuck you hand in my chest...you could ahve killed me."

Caden blinked, "You know what i was doing. You know it had to be done. It does not hurt the host, you know that as well."

Morden shook his head, "I have been freezing cold ever since. You stole my heart. I know it. It's not there anymore."

Caden rolled his eyes but didn't mean to. "It is still there I pulled nothing but Azreal out of you."

Morden looked at Laurana, "You saw it...he did pull out something...tell him."

Laurana stared at Morden, and Caden. If Morden was right, then they had a serious problem to deal with. She didn't move as pure fear overwhelmed Morden like wildfire. "Caden....I think we should examine him closer. Serious health problems could happen if you did accidentally remove his heart. Well just see what we can do to help." She walked slightly closer to the scared morden. "We had to get that demon out, Morden, and that was the only way we could....but could you show us your chest? Maybe its an easy fix." She kept her voice reasonable and calm for his sake.

Morden blinked at her and backed away, "An EASY fix?' he said, "It's my heart, the place your soul is kept...it's not a physical thing. It's a spiritual thing. You don't get it..."

Caden now realized what Morden felt had happened. He frowned, "Was Azreal attached to your spirit in some way?' he asked, "We need Sovalna," he said, "Stay with him I will be right back."

He ran the full distance to Sovalna and did not bother to knock on the door. "Sovalna!' he said and when he saw her he moved quickly to where she was, "Forgive me," he said as he scooped her up without asking and strode out of her place. "Speed is necessary. And you are not fast." He said and then ran the whole way back carrying her. He kicked Morden's door open and stepped inside with Sovalna and set her down.

Sovalna huffed and then slapped Caden's arm when he set her down. "That was the most undignified..."

Caden pointed to Morden, "I had to pull a demon from him," he explained, "He thinks I took his spirit with the demon, and that his heart is now gone. You can see...is it true?"

Sovalna raised both brows and moved over toward Morden. He did not move away from her as he had Caden and Laurana. He just let her approach. Sovalna reached out her hand and touched his chest and Morden winced. She frowned and turned to Caden, "I need some things," she said and rattled off a list of ingredients, sage, a newt, garlic, and oil. "Is there a pot over his fire?' she asked, "I need to boil water and add those ingredients and then after they are boiling I must add three hairs from Morden's head and five drops of his blood."

Caden moved around the room gathering the things necessary. He knew the place well and he was able to gather ti all quickly. "There is," he replied and filled it with water and the other ingredients. "Does this need stirred?" he asked.

Sovalna shook her head, "No, it must not be stirred. it must boil."

laurana stayed with Morden, her face pale as she saw how serious this was. "I'm sorry Morden. Well help you. Just try to stay calm." She said, helping Sovalna with what she needed. Hopefully this would go smoothly and Morden would be alright. She felt bad this guy seemed to be targeted a lot! She wondered if there was a spell or ward she could cast around Morden to prevent future attacks from demons.

Sovalna sat and waited, "Do not watch the pot," she ordered, "I will hear when the time is right. "Morden...what happened to your protections?" she asked.

Morden blinked, "What?" he asked obviously having not been paying attention to the conversation around him, "What? Protections?" He shrugged, "Cast them every morning..."

Sovalna huffed, "Obviously not," she chided.

Caden frowned, "I'll make sure to cast them over him from now on, I already have been for Laurana and myself."

Sovalna nodded and then looked at Laurana, "Have you been releasing your magic my Queen?' she asked, "The hidden spell is there locked in your magic. You must just release it....."

The words made Laurana freeze from doubt. Shed known shed have to do this spell one day. She looked over at Morden, then attempted to let her magic flow freely, focusing mostly on getting to that "hidden spell" she wished she knew more about. Oddly, sometimes colors would flash through her mind, as she fell into a strange, trance like state. The color deep violet, mixed with blue and silver stood out the strongest. She reached further, unaware that this was a deeply complex, highly dangerous spell. It was already taking its toll on her energy reserves, no matter how much she reached out to sustain it from other elements. but gradually, she knew something was happening. Even though she couldn't tell her whole body was glowing violet. "Sovalna, how do I send this spell out?" She asked a bit panicked. What if she was doing this wrong??

Sovalna watched her delving into the magic, she could 'see' the colors of the magic flowing and she smiled, "Send it?' she asked, No, child you release it." she said, "Like opening your hand to free a tiny bird into flight. Just let it go."

Caden saw her glowing and blinked, "For the love of Gaia," he said as moved over to her. He touched his hand to her face and turned her to look at him, "Relax," he said, "Don't think about it, just let it happen on its own." He had no idea what magic she'd tapped into but he knew they were about to find out. He doubted it could be the hidden spell because that had an incantation to go with it, but it might be the power source behind it.

Laurana nodded and sent the magic out of her body like a pulse of thought, her incantation flowing out of her in the ancient fae language, her hair and clothes stirring by an unseen breeze that turned Mordens room a bit warmer. As she finished the incantation she knew it was the hidden spell. "I call upon the five elements of the universe; earth, air, fire, water, spirit. Please come to my aide and help my friend Morden. Help us all feel peace, to know the protection of our ancestors, help us free our world from evil. I bring the hidden spell...I bring the world to a better light..I give my magic freely, now take flight." The entire cave was illuminated by violet and gold. It fluxuated outside the cave and kept spreading, brighter than sunlight. Then as time passed, the glow dimmed gradually, but this strong magic, came at a price to the caster. Energy completely drained from Lauranas body. It left her so fast her head spun, causing her to stagger. She felt blackness sweep over her eyes, her heart beat far too slowly, and her body went even colder than mordens. Though she struggled to breathe, her air was just gone. She tilted forward, looked apologetically at Caden, and fell to the floor in a heap, unconscious.

Caden caught her before she hit the floor, but he was cursing under his breath. "Sovalna, you need to learn when to shut up." he said, "If anything happens to her or the baby I'll flay you myself, and consequences be damned."

Sovalna looked unconcerned and just waited for the queen to rouse, "She over did it. Nothing to worry about. She needs to practice."

Caden glared at her, "She has been practicing with Morden's tutelage. Easing her up to the bigger expenditures. You stay out from now on." He held her and fed her energy and opened his consciousness to hers seeing if he could speak to her mind. ~Laurana...wake up...~

Laurana was in a deep sleep, unharmed, but very tired. She heard Caden call her in her mind, and knew he was giving her energy. She groaned and opened her eyes, hating how foggy her head felt, not to mention the headache. She gazed around the room, relieved nothing else seemed to have happened."I'm okay...did the spell work?" She asked, readying herself to try again if necessary. She certainly wasn't going to stop trying! She looked over at Sovalna, then Morden.

Caden stroked her cheek gently, "NO it did not work, Love," he said gently. "But that is because we ahve not told you what it must comprise of...and please...for the sake of our child...do not try again. We ahve a little time." He sat her up and cradled her against his chest tucking her head under his chin and stroking her arm.

"This is why Morden and I were trying to ease you into releasing your magic, and not having you this way. Your magic should never cause pain, or for you to fall unconscious or any other ill effect. You are a creature of magic. It is in you, all around you, and you are the conduit of it. But now that you have seen into the deeper realms of it, you can continue faster. I will show you the spell, but promise me you will not try it until Morden says you are ready..."

Sovalna hopped up suddenly and grabbed a few hairs from Morden's head, and then dragged him over to the pot. She stabbed his finger with the tip of a knife and let 5 drops of blood fall into the pot and the let three hairs drop in and then stood back. her voice lifted in the room, "Spirit of the Wizard Morden, return to your host and inhabit him once more until his actual death at which time you will once more be free."

There was an eerie glow in the room and a thick white cloud came out of the pot and rushed into Morden. The wizard jerked and fell back into a chair. He looked dazed for a moment and then looked at Sovalna, "What the devil are you doing in my shop?' he asked affronted.

Sovalna huffed, "he's back." she said and moved to the door, "Do not see me home. I can get there without being accosted." she said and promptly left.

Morden frowned, "What did she mean I am back? I ever go anywhere...everyone knows that."

Laurana blinked at Sovalnas very abrupt departure. She was glad Morden was back..but seriously, all she heard Caden say was her spell hadn't worked! Useless...she was completely useless to her people. None of them would be able to go to their true home and worse she couldn't restore Mordens soul or destroy a demon. Her powers might as well just be kiddy light shows and unicorn dust for how much any of them worked. She had better results when she lived in the future than now. she pressed her face in the crook of Cadens shoulder, as he told her why the spell didn't work. She felt so bad about herself then, she even assumed Sovalna was disappointed in her for doing the spell wrong. "Can we...go back to our room, Caden? I'm still not 100%...I will be ok after a nap. We need to read more of that book, and let Morden recuperate...." She asked, her eyes shadowed with self doubt. Maybe...maybe she didn't have the hidden spell......

Morden flicked his wrist at Sovalna as she left, Get out and good riddance," he said to the seer's back, "Damned annoying woman." He was moving around the room looking at things as if to check an make sure nothing had changed because of the Seer's presence. "No idea why she feels the need to butt into other people's business all the time. I don't need a keeper I tell you..both of you...I don't."

Caden lifted a brow and looked at Morden like he'd lost his mind, "You DO know she called your spirit back to your body...and that you were a raving lunatic without it right?" He stood up helping Laurana to stand as well holding her to his side. "And Morden, I have never known anyone, ebsides possibly myself, that has a greater need of a keeper than you. Not that she'd have you anyway..."

Morden huffed, "why would she NOT?" he asked peering at the two of them, "Are you saying I'm not good enough for her? it's not like people are lined up for a chance to be part of that woman's life."

Caden smirked, "Really?' he asked, "I happen to know of a few..."

Morden's eyes got wide, "You lie!" he said, and then frowned, "Who?"

Caden tried to hold back the grin but he only partially succeeded, "The baker, for one...what's his name?"

Morden rolled his eyes, "Hector?" he said with a pft, "Man's as big as a moose."

Caden shrugged, "Sovalna can't see that, and he brings her goodies all the time..."

Morden scowled, "Damned suck up..."

Caden was really fighting not to laugh at this point. "Well anyway. You should thank her, because she did save you. You should GO to her house and thank her personally. it's the only gentlemanly thing to do." He gave Laurana a little squeeze, "I am going to take Laurana home for a nap but we'll be back later for some more lessons."

Morden flicked his wrist at them as well, "Fine, fine," he said, "Get yourselves gone. I need pace to plan and think anyway."

Caden scooped up Laurana and walked out. Once they were far enough away ne started to laugh, "One day those two are going to admit they care about each other and put the rest of us out of our misery. That has been going on for about thirty years I'd say...at least." Once they were back in her house he set her on the chair by the fire and went to make her some tea. "Now..." he said handing it to her, "I see that look in your eyes. Stop it right now." he said lifting a hand to her cheek. "You touched the deepest part of your magic you ever have. that was a huge breakthrough. And I ahve no idea HOW you expected to perform the hidden spell without hearing it. Your great great great grandmother wrote it over 5000 years ago. It will ahve to flow from the heart of your magic, but you haven't touched that yet. You are close, very close. He turned and lifted the book. here I will show you the spell she cast. But...no attempting this until you get the OK from Morden...promise?"

He opened the book to the page that was glowing a bright yellowish gold color. it read:

To Hide us from the outside world that would destroy us:

From the mountains to the tallest trees
From the scorching sands to the ocean's breeze
Ye chosen Fae heed now my call
Do not delay, come one come all
To the glen all gather as bidden
For only there this spell keeps us hidden
From those who have intentions ill
From enemies who come to kill
Within the glen out safety lies
Hidden forever from evil eyes.

He looked up from the book, "It only appears in the book when one powerful enough to cast it can read it. That is why it was not there before. But...Morden still has things to teach you. You must not keep trying to find it without help. You are a power Queen, but everyone needs help."

A tiny grin escaped from Laurana, easing her emo cloud mood as she watched Caden banter with Morden. The two of them were just hilarious, and soon, Cadens encouraging words took hold: she would be able to cast the spell....but...hadn't there been a dangerous warning as well? She remembered him saying something about an element or...was it sacrificing something huge, to cast the hidden spell? In moments, she wrote down the incantation from the book, then hugged and kissed Caden fiercely, so glad he was such a wonderful anchor. She knew if shed tried her spell without him or attempted it by herself, she could have ended up a lot worse off today. "I promise I won't try that again....for now, until I'm better with my magic and energy control. But....what is it that I will have to give up when I do the right spell?" She asked, looking worried as she curled up in a large blue arm chair rather than the bed. Her energy was almost normal again.

Caden kissed her back glad to see that light there in her eyes again. She was way too hard on herself, but he had no idea how to get her to stop doing it. She promised not to try the spell again and he let out a relieved sigh, "I am very glad to hear it," he said, "I know we are on a time crunch, but, not that much of one. We still have four days of the seven left. If you ahve to cast it on the last day, so be it, but i want you to be safe when you do cast it. No headaches, no backlashes."

She asked what she'd ahve to give up when she cast the spell. "Well...when I first met you...I was not sure you would be willing to give up your like in the Future. casting the spell will mean you can never return there. That is what you give up, well that and once the spell is cast, yes we will be safe, but we will be confined to the glen. It is a price that some Fae have been unwilling to pay. The glen is beautiful, and have everything we need to survive, but it can become confining and feel a bit like a prison instead of a utopia." He was looking at her with seriousness and gentle kindness, "I have never personally seen the glen, but i have read about it, and Morden has told me about how beautiful it is. I will not mind living there forever as long as you and our children are there. I want everyone to be safe from the attacks. There are so few of us left." He spoke as if he was one of the fae and not an orphan elf, but he was raised among these people and they were his people now.

Laurana looked shocked at the fact all she had to do was never returning to the future. As if she had anything to leave! She almost laughed. "I will never abandon our people, and I love our world. When we get to the Glenn I will figure a way to make it more like utopia and not a prison. but right now, I'd like the two of us to focus on our family. And if you're here, I don't mind what I have to.give up...." She said honestly, pulling him closer to curl up in his arms again. He made her feel so safe....