Pokemon: The Rise of Shadow | OOC

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

RestlessComfort

Original poster
  1. Welcome to the wonderful World of Pokemon!

You and your group have finally done it! You fought your way through the 8 gym leaders of the Sinnoh region and gave it your best shot in the Pokemon League Tournament! Whether you did a great job and put up a good fight, or fell flat on your face after losing your first battle, the journey and people you met along the way will always hold a special place in your heart.

With the satisfaction and pride of conquering Sinnoh fresh on your minds, you and your group decide to take a little time to yourselves and relax before deciding where to go next.

Unfortunately, your R&R is cut short as you catch wind of a mysterious Pokemon festival taking place next week in the next region over: Unova

It is said that the festival will have a great deal of food, games, and contests for every type of Pokemon lover. So whether your a trainer looking to compete in a tournament, or you just want to grab a bite to eat and meet some new people, this festival has something for everyone!

Needless to say, It took little time for you and your group to decide to set off in search for this mysterious festival.

As you and your group begin to gather their things, a feeling of danger and uneasiness settles over you -- almost as though you aren't meant to ever step foot into this new region. The feeling lasts for only a moment, then dissipates. You aren't sure, but whatever that feeling was, it wasn't gonna stop you from getting to the festival and moving on to conquer yet another region!

wpid-logo_render-png192cb68e-c559-485d-b2a5-5b5c8956c762larger1.jpg

Some Rules and Regualtions

1. This is going to be a fun, yet serious Roleplay. That being said, it is very hard to continue a Roleplay when you have those who only post a couple sentences or only post once in a great while. Just stay active and post good, quality responses. Your responses don't have to be painfully long, but make them a decent length. A paragraph, 4-7 sentences long, is the minimum requirement

2. Almost any Pokemon, from Gen V or before, is allowed. The only Pokemon that aren't allowed to be owned or used are Legendary, Mythical, and Mega-Evolved Pokemon.

3. You are allowed to have the same Pokemon that someone else has, but make sure they differ in personality! Two identical Pokemon trained separately are boring. Make your Pokemon unique! They are characters too.

4. You have the choice whether to walk with your Pokemon or keep them in their respective balls. I personally prefer to walk with my Pokemon, but that decision is yours!

5. I want the Roleplayers to have some hand in the story design, but I make the final decisions, and I also have the last say.

6. There will most likely be sexual content and mature language only fit for those that are 18 and older (hence this Roleplay being under libertine.) There are no restrictions on this. Just be mature and tasteful if you chose to take a post or encounter in that direction.

7. This is a Roleplay that does have some ties to reality. You and your Pokemon are not superhuman or unbeatable. A Roleplay can get very boring, and sometimes frustrating, if there is someone who thinks they are a god and aren't able to be defeated. Obviously if your Charizard goes up against Mew 2, more times then not, your gonna get your ass kicked. Be sensible in the situations your presented with be and open to defeat. Sometimes, being beaten can add a really cool spin to a character or Roleplay as a whole.

Everything else you already know, such as god-modding and all that. Hope you have fun and welcome to the Roleplay! :)​

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Love
Reactions: mango
Fantastic. Gonna add Hoot to the sheet.

Im not psychic either. The only "ability" i have is that i can talk to lucario telepathically, but i chalk that up to an extremely close bond

I was just teasing well having fun going, damn these motherfuckers be psychic too. lol

Fun fact. Kamon's not wearing it now. But I do have a few alternative outfits for Kamon. Well, he has a cape, decorated with the badges he has won over the years. Full on Dracula collar, too ridiculous long for anyone to actually wear it, etc.

Sorry about delay guys. Was working on a project the past few days. Gonna post tomorrow!

All righty. I'll look forward to it. I figure I don't have to write that Kamon went to the storage place and got Hoot the Noctowl.

My apologies all...some personal engagements have tied me up the last few days

Well I am replaying Pokemon Soul Silver

So, a question came to my thought, how are we going to determine stats and health?

Now that I just left one RP I'll be able to complete my text-only applications right here.

Am I still reserved or...

So, a question came to my thought, how are we going to determine stats and health?
Since Restless brought me along as a story aid I'm going to start putting stats together, starting with base stats at level fifty and adding IV's and EV's relative to longevity in someone's party and their personality. Next I was planning on having a third party to do the math and judge the battle as it goes on, I'll post the stat sheets here when it's done and if you have any changes (that don't make the pokemon OP) then just PM me.

Now that I just left one RP I'll be able to complete my text-only applications right here.

Am I still reserved or...
You're still reserved, but now would be the time to jump into the RP with your starting character.

Since Restless brought me along as a story aid I'm going to start putting stats together, starting with base stats at level fifty and adding IV's and EV's relative to longevity in someone's party and their personality. Next I was planning on having a third party to do the math and judge the battle as it goes on, I'll post the stat sheets here when it's done and if you have any changes (that don't make the pokemon OP) then just PM me.

And why can't we do our own stats?

I have been in a Pokemon RP before that was tabletop and like DnD and I did my own stats.

And why can't we do our own stats?

I have been in a Pokemon RP before that was tabletop and like DnD and I did my own stats.
well I'm not opposed to you doing that, but it would be a lot harder to do in a DnD format because you'd need a specified die roller, a dungeon master that doesn't participate, and you'd need to roll for ALL of your stats and somehow be supervised to make sure people aren't cheating, the classic "Haha, look I got all 18's". but if you want to create the stats and post them then that is totally cool. I'll still do the same for all the people that don't want to do it themselves and for myself.

Just a little update on the current status of the RP.
Restless is having some technical issues, should be less than a day or two till the problem subsides, but as for right now he cant access Iwaku, or anything else, really.
Also for those of you who haven't been overly active in the group because of the timing of the story, or just aren't aware: LoveandHate has more or less been booted for inactivity, me and restless have both decided to give him a tiny little window to of time to post, but we doubt that they will. because of this, in order to best keep the RP moving, (When we can) we've mostly written them out of the story. Unfortunately Restless was against my explanation of him suddenly turning to stone.
Thats it for now, I'll see you guy's in a day or two when this RP will really kick off!

p.s. you can still post on the IC thread but know that the story wont really be moving along until restless gets back and everyone is on the boat. NOW IS THE TIME FOR INTRODUCTION POSTS IF YOU HAVEN'T POSTED YOURS YET!!!

well I'm not opposed to you doing that, but it would be a lot harder to do in a DnD format because you'd need a specified die roller, a dungeon master that doesn't participate, and you'd need to roll for ALL of your stats and somehow be supervised to make sure people aren't cheating, the classic "Haha, look I got all 18's". but if you want to create the stats and post them then that is totally cool. I'll still do the same for all the people that don't want to do it themselves and for myself.

Okay I want to do my own stats. That's why I asked.

And when I say DnD we still followed the rules of the Pokemon stats. There's a Pokemon RP somewhere out there with a rulebook and shit on how to do the stats.

If you have Skype or something we can dedicate a time slot to doing stats together so I don't cheat, though honestly I don't cheat

Okay I want to do my own stats. That's why I asked.

And when I say DnD we still followed the rules of the Pokemon stats. There's a Pokemon RP somewhere out there with a rulebook and shit on how to do the stats.

If you have Skype or something we can dedicate a time slot to doing stats together so I don't cheat, though honestly I don't cheat
I believe you wont cheat, I doubt I'll actually have anything wrong with your stats, just PM with them and I'll add them to the over all sheet and post it when it's done

I believe you wont cheat, I doubt I'll actually have anything wrong with your stats, just PM with them and I'll add them to the over all sheet and post it when it's done

All righty then I will do so.

Status
Not open for further replies.