Pokemon: The Rise of Shadow | OOC

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

RestlessComfort

Original poster
  1. Welcome to the wonderful World of Pokemon!

You and your group have finally done it! You fought your way through the 8 gym leaders of the Sinnoh region and gave it your best shot in the Pokemon League Tournament! Whether you did a great job and put up a good fight, or fell flat on your face after losing your first battle, the journey and people you met along the way will always hold a special place in your heart.

With the satisfaction and pride of conquering Sinnoh fresh on your minds, you and your group decide to take a little time to yourselves and relax before deciding where to go next.

Unfortunately, your R&R is cut short as you catch wind of a mysterious Pokemon festival taking place next week in the next region over: Unova

It is said that the festival will have a great deal of food, games, and contests for every type of Pokemon lover. So whether your a trainer looking to compete in a tournament, or you just want to grab a bite to eat and meet some new people, this festival has something for everyone!

Needless to say, It took little time for you and your group to decide to set off in search for this mysterious festival.

As you and your group begin to gather their things, a feeling of danger and uneasiness settles over you -- almost as though you aren't meant to ever step foot into this new region. The feeling lasts for only a moment, then dissipates. You aren't sure, but whatever that feeling was, it wasn't gonna stop you from getting to the festival and moving on to conquer yet another region!

wpid-logo_render-png192cb68e-c559-485d-b2a5-5b5c8956c762larger1.jpg

Some Rules and Regualtions

1. This is going to be a fun, yet serious Roleplay. That being said, it is very hard to continue a Roleplay when you have those who only post a couple sentences or only post once in a great while. Just stay active and post good, quality responses. Your responses don't have to be painfully long, but make them a decent length. A paragraph, 4-7 sentences long, is the minimum requirement

2. Almost any Pokemon, from Gen V or before, is allowed. The only Pokemon that aren't allowed to be owned or used are Legendary, Mythical, and Mega-Evolved Pokemon.

3. You are allowed to have the same Pokemon that someone else has, but make sure they differ in personality! Two identical Pokemon trained separately are boring. Make your Pokemon unique! They are characters too.

4. You have the choice whether to walk with your Pokemon or keep them in their respective balls. I personally prefer to walk with my Pokemon, but that decision is yours!

5. I want the Roleplayers to have some hand in the story design, but I make the final decisions, and I also have the last say.

6. There will most likely be sexual content and mature language only fit for those that are 18 and older (hence this Roleplay being under libertine.) There are no restrictions on this. Just be mature and tasteful if you chose to take a post or encounter in that direction.

7. This is a Roleplay that does have some ties to reality. You and your Pokemon are not superhuman or unbeatable. A Roleplay can get very boring, and sometimes frustrating, if there is someone who thinks they are a god and aren't able to be defeated. Obviously if your Charizard goes up against Mew 2, more times then not, your gonna get your ass kicked. Be sensible in the situations your presented with be and open to defeat. Sometimes, being beaten can add a really cool spin to a character or Roleplay as a whole.

Everything else you already know, such as god-modding and all that. Hope you have fun and welcome to the Roleplay! :)​

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Love
Reactions: mango
Since Restless brought me along as a story aid I'm going to start putting stats together, starting with base stats at level fifty and adding IV's and EV's relative to longevity in someone's party and their personality. Next I was planning on having a third party to do the math and judge the battle as it goes on, I'll post the stat sheets here when it's done and if you have any changes (that don't make the pokemon OP) then just PM me.
Okay, so Pokemon are Lvl 50?

edit-

Bizarre question, but since I have an idea and I don't want it to go to waste. May I make a second character for this RP?

Last edited:
Okay, so Pokemon are Lvl 50?

edit-

Bizarre question, but since I have an idea and I don't want it to go to waste. May I make a second character for this RP?
Pokemon are around lvl 50 yes, that's where the base stats come from. yes, crow was also planning on playing two characters. still, I would prefer a second Bio for a second character.

@Red crow I assume you know that Restless and I have decided on a specific time for Rae to come in...(:

Pokemon are around lvl 50 yes, that's where the base stats come from. yes, crow was also planning on playing two characters. still, I would prefer a second Bio for a second character.

I was going to do a Bio for a second character so no big deal. I'll do the second first than Pokemon Stats for everybody

@Red crow I assume you know that Restless and I have decided on a specific time for Rae to come in...(:
Yep, restless has told me about your convo, no spoilers please, but know that "the event" is bigger than you expect it to be and more relevant to the plot, it will also happen today. :D

Reactions: mango
Yep, restless has told me about your convo, no spoilers please, but know that "the event" is bigger than you expect it to be and more relevant to the plot, it will also happen today. :D
Bring it on! (;

[BCOLOR=transparent]Username: Clyde[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Name: Kurosaki Akito [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Age: 19[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Gender: Male[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Region of Origin: Unknown [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Appearance: [/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]As you approach, you almost mistake him for a ghost, his skin is pale and he's wearing dark robes like he's going to a funeral. All though that cannot be quite right. He watches you slowly, except that you have to hold your breath as you pass by his Muk. Does he not smell the awful smell coming off of that Pokemon? He's leanly built and stands around 5'7". He has pale skin and red eyes and wears what appear to be aspiring monk robes. That are dark except for the layer of red that pop. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]
2j5ml42.jpg
[/BCOLOR]​

[BCOLOR=transparent]Personality:[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Akito has a certain, eccentric flare to his personality. Many don't really understand him, as he is often citing poetry or what sounds like poetry. His voice is quiet and calm, most people assume he's mumbling or whispering which makes him eerie and strange. You'd think someone like this would be a Ghost and Dark trainer all though his Pokemon are often just as strange as his choice of words. He's known for being rather vague and ominous on purpose. As well as a bit mysterious. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]No one knows where he comes from and to be perfectly honest, no one thinks Akito knows where he comes from either. The few hints he has is a backpack in the shape of a Pikachu, with his name stitched onto the back and a picture of a house. Though no one can honestly place the house any region they can think of. Except many suspect either Sinnoh, Unova, or even Kalos wherever that may be. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Akito is fond of strategies and his Pokemon and their skills reflect that. Despite his oddities and eccentricities, he can be downright nasty to deal with in battle. His Pokemon are essentially endurance hounds, that inflict status ailments on their enemies. Akito's not an aggressive fighter, but likes to slowly wittle health down before hitting hard. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Many suspect either Akito's sense of smell is non existence or that he's gotten completely use to the smell of his Muk. All though most towns tell him to keep his Muk in his Pokeball because the smell is just that bad. Muk doesn't really like being in the pokeball though because to Akito Pokemon are family. And this may be due to the way he was raised. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Akito is tender hearted though. He's kind and respectful, maybe a bit more formal than some other people would like and he's often in his own world. Considered a bit of an airhead at times, Akito will often be forgetful or won't remember what he was doing. All though he's never forgetful in battle. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]He likes to collect Aprikorns. His favorite time of day is night time and his favorite color is red, not black despite what many would think. He likes to travel and find new places. And he's a skilled Pokemon trainer despite the loony behavior. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]He dislikes seeing his Pokemon hurt and he dislikes getting hurt. And yeah he can play a wicked guitar. [/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Skills:[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Strategic Play; Akito is an excellent strategist. Most of his movesets and the Pokemon he chooses is based on a calculated set of plays. He's almost remarkably frightening in his ability to be quick to think and punishing.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Strong Bonds; Akito doesn't have Pokemon and he Isn't a Pokemon Trainer. That's hard to explain, but Akito's Pokemon are more like family and they stand strong by his side. As he stands strong by theirs. Their loyalty allows them to push themselves further than what they would naturally be able and each uplift the other.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Region Knowledge Keeper; Not in battle, despite what everyone might think, Akito is an excellent navigator. He knows all the little shortcuts and detours. He knows the safest areas and the harder areas. He's able to determine a region's resources and bountiful areas. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]History:[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]To be honest not much is known about Akito, even Akito himself probably forgotten a little bit. It's said that Akito liked to play in the Pokemon research lab when he was small. He made friends with the Pokemon there and swore to the Professor that he didn't want the starters everyone else had. He wanted the injured Bulbasaur the lab had been taken care of. He got his wish in an unorthodox way. When one evening, the last evening Akito saw of his family, a Drifloon came floating over. Akito held onto the string and was never seen again by his family.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]His new family from then on was a family of Muks. In another city, and not so sure how far. He was taken in by a priest of the town. Thus the wardrobe. Except that no one has ever been able to get into contact with the Kurosakis. Only because no one even knows what city to start calling. By now Akito is old enough to travel on his own.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Pokemon:[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Muk[/BCOLOR]

089.gif

[BCOLOR=transparent]Slime[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Moves:[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Toxic[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Mud-Slap[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Acid Armor[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Dark Pulse[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Slime is more of a brother than he is a Pokemon Akito caught. He was one of the baby grimers that he grew up with before he was taken in by Hanzo the Pokemon Priest. Slime is mischievous and likes to make jokes. He's kind of smelly and will often give Akito oozing hugs. He's protective of Akito as Akito is protective of Slime.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Venusaur[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]
003.gif
[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Sunny[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Leech Seed[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Rest[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Earthquake [/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Sludge[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Sunny was always a ferocious thing. He speaks his mind and you better damn listen to what he says. Despite not really being the older brother of the group. He's very close to Akito. They were playmates and best friends in the lab. He's the one Akito bonded with and as much as Akito swore to take Sunny with him. Sunny was the one that fled the lab and sought to find Akito when he went missing.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Krookodile[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]
553.gif
[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Scale[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Crunch[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Beat Up[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Sludge Bomb [/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Hone Claws[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Scale is the first Pokemon Akito ever actually caught, but Scale was not a Pokemon for Akito to keep. But became part of the family all the same. Scale and Akito have a strong and trusting bond. And they all became a band of brothers all the same.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Drifblim[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]
426.gif
[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Dizzy[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Gender: Female[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Protect[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Baton Pass[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Fly[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]If the three are brothers, than Dizzy is the one to make it happen. She was the one who took Akito from his home in the first place. And normally she would have drifted off leaving the scared and helpless child. But when Akito started to cry. Something inside of her changed a little. Feeling a sort of remorse for her actions. She stood watching Akito from the distance, till one day she approached him and Akito accepted her into his troop.[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Swalot[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Mush[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]
317.gif
[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Infestation[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Water Pulse[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Giga Drain[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Mush is the second Pokemon ever caught on his own. And Mush makes Slime a wee bit jealous. Considering he's the youngest of the brothers. Slime is always fighting Mush for Akito's attention, though Akito always gives them the same amount of attention. They just don't see it that way. Always fighting to be the bigger, better, one of the two. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Other:[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Theme Song[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]
[/BCOLOR]​

Last edited:
I'm going to add some things to my pokemon, including 2 NEW pokemon as well. Check it out when you get the chance! As for posting, Im going to refrain until Red puts up his next post :D its sure to be exciting, keep checking! You dont wanna miss it

[BCOLOR=transparent]Username: Clyde[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Name: Kurosaki Akito [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Age: 19[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Region of Origin: Unknown [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Appearance: [/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]As you approach, you almost mistake him for a ghost, his skin is pale and he's wearing dark robes like he's going to a funeral. All though that cannot be quite right. He watches you slowly, except that you have to hold your breath as you pass by his Muk. Does he not smell the awful smell coming off of that Pokemon? He's leanly built and stands around 5'7". He has pale skin and red eyes and wears what appear to be aspiring monk robes. That are dark except for the layer of red that pop. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]
2j5ml42.jpg
[/BCOLOR]​

[BCOLOR=transparent]Personality:[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Akito has a certain, eccentric flare to his personality. Many don't really understand him, as he is often citing poetry or what sounds like poetry. His voice is quiet and calm, most people assume he's mumbling or whispering which makes him eerie and strange. You'd think someone like this would be a Ghost and Dark trainer all though his Pokemon are often just as strange as his choice of words. He's known for being rather vague and ominous on purpose. As well as a bit mysterious. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]No one knows where he comes from and to be perfectly honest, no one thinks Akito knows where he comes from either. The few hints he has is a backpack in the shape of a Pikachu, with his name stitched onto the back and a picture of a house. Though no one can honestly place the house any region they can think of. Except many suspect either Sinnoh, Unova, or even Kalos wherever that may be. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Akito is fond of strategies and his Pokemon and their skills reflect that. Despite his oddities and eccentricities, he can be downright nasty to deal with in battle. His Pokemon are essentially endurance hounds, that inflict status ailments on their enemies. Akito's not an aggressive fighter, but likes to slowly wittle health down before hitting hard. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Many suspect either Akito's sense of smell is non existence or that he's gotten completely use to the smell of his Muk. All though most towns tell him to keep his Muk in his Pokeball because the smell is just that bad. Muk doesn't really like being in the pokeball though because to Akito Pokemon are family. And this may be due to the way he was raised. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Akito is tender hearted though. He's kind and respectful, maybe a bit more formal than some other people would like and he's often in his own world. Considered a bit of an airhead at times, Akito will often be forgetful or won't remember what he was doing. All though he's never forgetful in battle. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]He likes to collect Aprikorns. His favorite time of day is night time and his favorite color is red, not black despite what many would think. He likes to travel and find new places. And he's a skilled Pokemon trainer despite the loony behavior. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]He dislikes seeing his Pokemon hurt and he dislikes getting hurt. And yeah he can play a wicked guitar. [/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Skills:[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Strategic Play; Akito is an excellent strategist. Most of his movesets and the Pokemon he chooses is based on a calculated set of plays. He's almost remarkably frightening in his ability to be quick to think and punishing.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Strong Bonds; Akito doesn't have Pokemon and he Isn't a Pokemon Trainer. That's hard to explain, but Akito's Pokemon are more like family and they stand strong by his side. As he stands strong by theirs. Their loyalty allows them to push themselves further than what they would naturally be able and each uplift the other.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Region Knowledge Keeper; Not in battle, despite what everyone might think, Akito is an excellent navigator. He knows all the little shortcuts and detours. He knows the safest areas and the harder areas. He's able to determine a region's resources and bountiful areas. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]History:[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]To be honest not much is known about Akito, even Akito himself probably forgotten a little bit. It's said that Akito liked to play in the Pokemon research lab when he was small. He made friends with the Pokemon there and swore to the Professor that he didn't want the starters everyone else had. He wanted the injured Bulbasaur the lab had been taken care of. He got his wish in an unorthodox way. When one evening, the last evening Akito saw of his family, a Drifloon came floating over. Akito held onto the string and was never seen again by his family.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]His new family from then on was a family of Muks. In another city, and not so sure how far. He was taken in by a priest of the town. Thus the wardrobe. Except that no one has ever been able to get into contact with the Kurosakis. Only because no one even knows what city to start calling. By now Akito is old enough to travel on his own.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Pokemon:[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Muk[/BCOLOR]

089.gif

[BCOLOR=transparent]Slime[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Mud-Slap[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Acid Armor[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Dark Pulse[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Slime is more of a brother than he is a Pokemon Akito caught. He was one of the baby grimers that he grew up with before he was taken in by Hanzo the Pokemon Priest. Slime is mischievous and likes to make jokes. He's kind of smelly and will often give Akito oozing hugs. He's protective of Akito as Akito is protective of Slime.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Venusaur[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]
003.gif
[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Sunny[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Leech Seed[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Rest[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Earthquake [/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Sludge[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Sunny was always a ferocious thing. He speaks his mind and you better damn listen to what he says. Despite not really being the older brother of the group. He's very close to Akito. They were playmates and best friends in the lab. He's the one Akito bonded with and as much as Akito swore to take Sunny with him. Sunny was the one that fled the lab and sought to find Akito when he went missing.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Krookodile[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]
553.gif
[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Scale[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Crunch[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Beat Up[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Sludge Bomb [/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Hone Claws[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Scale is the first Pokemon Akito ever actually caught, but Scale was not a Pokemon for Akito to keep. But became part of the family all the same. Scale and Akito have a strong and trusting bond. And they all became a band of brothers all the same.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Drifblim[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]
426.gif
[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Dizzy[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Gender: Female[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Protect[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Baton Pass[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Fly[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]If the three are brothers, than Dizzy is the one to make it happen. She was the one who took Akito from his home in the first place. And normally she would have drifted off leaving the scared and helpless child. But when Akito started to cry. Something inside of her changed a little. Feeling a sort of remorse for her actions. She stood watching Akito from the distance, till one day she approached him and Akito accepted her into his troop.[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Swalot[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Mush[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]
317.gif
[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Infestation[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Water Pulse[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Giga Drain[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Mush is the second Pokemon ever caught on his own. And Mush makes Slime a wee bit jealous. Considering he's the youngest of the brothers. Slime is always fighting Mush for Akito's attention, though Akito always gives them the same amount of attention. They just don't see it that way. Always fighting to be the bigger, better, one of the two. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Other:[/BCOLOR]
Approved, I'm really excited for this character! I think him and Claude will get along swimmingly, though I'm not sure about the rest of the crew.

Approved, I'm really excited for this character! I think him and Claude will get along swimmingly, though I'm not sure about the rest of the crew.

I find the ramifications of getting kidnapped by a Drifloon to be um....frightening

How do parents actually report to officer Jenny?

"My kid was kidnapped by the balloon Pokemon"

"What trajectory was it on?"

"Um...."

I hope you don't mind, but Akito forgot the last bit of your request and decided to follow Claude. Lol. The only thing Akito heard was "get Pokemon rangers" and Akito did so.

I hope you don't mind, but Akito forgot the last bit of your request and decided to follow Claude. Lol. The only thing Akito heard was "get Pokemon rangers" and Akito did so.
Hell yeah man! Cluade is the type that, if he had the chance, he would do everything for his friends, but it seems like because of Akito's initiative the two of them are gonna end up back to back in some plot pretty soon!

Hell yeah man! Cluade is the type that, if he had the chance, he would do everything for his friends, but it seems like because of Akito's initiative the two of them are gonna end up back to back in some plot pretty soon!

Fantastic. I like how Akito is like

"Oh my Muk just needs a wash"

No No Akito. He's a big giant toxic sludge monster. I feel like Akito just got use to the smell and doesn't realize it. Kind of like how dog and cat owners don't really recognize how their animals smell. But someone else walks in and we're like oh god

Welp, i'm just kind of chilling on the back of a venasaur haha xD ill post when a major occurance happens (we get to the Inn, i get let go, meet someone, find the rangers, etc)

Welp, i'm just kind of chilling on the back of a venasaur haha xD ill post when a major occurance happens (we get to the Inn, i get let go, meet someone, find the rangers, etc)

Would now be the appropriate time to post for Rae? Or not yet?

Sure! We could run into you on the way to the inn and go from there!

lol

Most likely Akito will make everyone fucking faint with how fucking awful Slime smells

Can I get a small summary of what happened while I was on vacation?

I'll post as soon as I'm able, coughing my brains out.

Status
Not open for further replies.