Writing Levels
  1. Intermediate
  2. Adept
  3. Advanced
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
Genres
Scifi, Fantasy, Historical, Modern, Romance, and Horror
  1. Welcome to the wonderful World of Pokemon!

You and your group have finally done it! You fought your way through the 8 gym leaders of the Sinnoh region and gave it your best shot in the Pokemon League Tournament! Whether you did a great job and put up a good fight, or fell flat on your face after losing your first battle, the journey and people you met along the way will always hold a special place in your heart.

With the satisfaction and pride of conquering Sinnoh fresh on your minds, you and your group decide to take a little time to yourselves and relax before deciding where to go next.

Unfortunately, your R&R is cut short as you catch wind of a mysterious Pokemon festival taking place next week in the next region over: Unova

It is said that the festival will have a great deal of food, games, and contests for every type of Pokemon lover. So whether your a trainer looking to compete in a tournament, or you just want to grab a bite to eat and meet some new people, this festival has something for everyone!

Needless to say, It took little time for you and your group to decide to set off in search for this mysterious festival.

As you and your group begin to gather their things, a feeling of danger and uneasiness settles over you -- almost as though you aren't meant to ever step foot into this new region. The feeling lasts for only a moment, then dissipates. You aren't sure, but whatever that feeling was, it wasn't gonna stop you from getting to the festival and moving on to conquer yet another region!

wpid-logo_render-png192cb68e-c559-485d-b2a5-5b5c8956c762larger1.jpg

Some Rules and Regualtions

1. This is going to be a fun, yet serious Roleplay. That being said, it is very hard to continue a Roleplay when you have those who only post a couple sentences or only post once in a great while. Just stay active and post good, quality responses. Your responses don't have to be painfully long, but make them a decent length. A paragraph, 4-7 sentences long, is the minimum requirement

2. Almost any Pokemon, from Gen V or before, is allowed. The only Pokemon that aren't allowed to be owned or used are Legendary, Mythical, and Mega-Evolved Pokemon.

3. You are allowed to have the same Pokemon that someone else has, but make sure they differ in personality! Two identical Pokemon trained separately are boring. Make your Pokemon unique! They are characters too.

4. You have the choice whether to walk with your Pokemon or keep them in their respective balls. I personally prefer to walk with my Pokemon, but that decision is yours!

5. I want the Roleplayers to have some hand in the story design, but I make the final decisions, and I also have the last say.

6. There will most likely be sexual content and mature language only fit for those that are 18 and older (hence this Roleplay being under libertine.) There are no restrictions on this. Just be mature and tasteful if you chose to take a post or encounter in that direction.

7. This is a Roleplay that does have some ties to reality. You and your Pokemon are not superhuman or unbeatable. A Roleplay can get very boring, and sometimes frustrating, if there is someone who thinks they are a god and aren't able to be defeated. Obviously if your Charizard goes up against Mew 2, more times then not, your gonna get your ass kicked. Be sensible in the situations your presented with be and open to defeat. Sometimes, being beaten can add a really cool spin to a character or Roleplay as a whole.

Everything else you already know, such as god-modding and all that. Hope you have fun and welcome to the Roleplay! :)​

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: mango
Good the roar thing makes more sense. I am about to post up my first IC post. Kamon is going to delay getting on the boat.

streetjapan6.jpg

Username:
Lissamel

Name:
Tallulah

Region you originated from:
Originally Kanto, moved to Johto, then Sinnoh

Physical Traits:
Tallulah is on the shorter side of the height spectrum and is often regarded as 'cute' because of it. Her hair, once a very light strawberry-blond, has rather recently been redyed a bright pink. She chooses to wear some rather bright and somewhat-gaudy clothing: Uneven striped socks, a multicolored skirt, blue fuzzy legwarmers, pink sneakers, and a green-and-yellow vest over a purple shirt. An obnoxious amount of jewelry is over this all, rings and necklaces and bracelets and hair clips and whatnot. While skinny, she's rather unfit and certainly not a muscular sort of lady.

Personality:
Tallulah has an innate lust for popularity. She wants to make sure everyone, everywhere knows her name...Or, at least, remembers her face. She can be rather superficial and even petty, strongly preferring style over substance, and more than willing to disregard anything (be it clothing, Pokemon, or even fellow people) if it doesn't quite fit her 'vision'. If you can't do it for the art, what are you doing it for, exactly? She's good-natured at heart, always raising her Pokemon with the utmost love and care (and maybe too many sweets), but can come off as bossy towards other people. Tallulah is ambitious, that's for certain. Despite all this, she's nothing if not extremely loyal. Once you fit into her initial vision or can otherwise prove yourself as appealing, that's when Tallulah is willing to simmer down and become more open. She may say it's for 'connections' and that it 'looks good on her record', but she loves all her friends to death and will defend them and go out of her way to help out if times look rough.

Unless they plan on borrowing her stuff. She's kinda clingy when it comes to her stuff. Get your own stuff, don't borrow her hair clips, she doesn't know if you'll ever give them back.

Skills:
She's good with people. By that we mean she has 'connections'. C'mon, don't act like a glitzy contest winner wouldn't! Getting into places with the higher-ups is a breeze for Tallulah, from expensive boutiques to the fanciest restaurants in Sinnoh.

She also has an absolutely unbreakable optimism, able to stick to her guns and ride any metaphorical wave, no matter how many obstacles are thrown at her. She's got goals and knows how and when to reach 'em.

History:
Tallulah lived slightly off the coast of Cerulean City, helping her parents run the local Daycare center. When she was small, she enjoyed spending lots of time with the funny Psyducks and Tangelas and Meowths that would stay a while at her parent's place. When they heard of the growing 'baby Pokemon' phenomena, though, Tallulah and family made their first major move off to Johto. It was there, among the Smoochums and Togepis, that Tallulah turned ten. Her parents gave her her first Pokemon--A tiny fish--As a gift, and said she was welcome to explore the region and do whatever her heart desired. The streets of Johto held many interesting sights to see, yet she always felt it was a little too...Safe. There has to be more than these quiet little towns where all you see are myths about a red Gyrados, and never a real one...

At the age of thirteen, new baby Pokemon were discovered, and her family moved once more to Sinnoh.

It was in Sinnoh Tallulah found her true passion: Contests.

Hearthome City was a bustling wonderland of colors and smells, and Tallulah bathed in every inch of it. She got a certain...Exhilaration from being up on the stage that she just couldn't get anywhere else. Dressing up. Dancing. Appealing! Due to her newfound pride and joy, she took it upon herself to have a fantastic set of Pokemon to help her climb the contest ranks, tailoring each one to a different category. Her outfits became garish-er, to help her stand out amongst the masses and make her just that much more photogenic. It's with this lust for fame that she even took interest in Unova, all the more eager to find whatever Pokemon dwell within the region and recruit them as part of her team. After all, only good things could come from this!

Wait, what do you mean there's no contest hall in Unova? ...Well, maybe she'll just get her new recruits and hoof it back to Sinnoh then.

Pokemon:
octillery.gif

Oswald the Octillery
Male
Suction Cups
Constrict, Octazooka, Wring Out, Giga Impact

You know that one friend who is all super serious, no fun allowed? That's Oswald. Oswald was gifted to Tallulah when he was a mere Remoraid, destined to protect her from any wild threats that the world would throw at her--And he takes his job far too seriously. It's rare to see her without her Octillery on her shoulder, the water-type shooting other trainers dirty glares and seemingly threatening to shoot anyone he doesn't trust with ink. He's a giant softie for Poffins, though. Just toss him a Poffin and he'll mellow out for a while as he munches on it.

porygon-z.gif

Norton the Porygon-Z
Genderless
Download
Lock-on, Embargo, Trick Room, Zen Headbutt

Don't touch Norton. Seriously. Norton isn't a fan of being touched, which leads to many struggles when Tallulah has to dress it up for contests. Since it's first recruitment from a gambler in the game corner, Norton has bounced between many, many owners--And because of this, demonstrates shaky loyalty to Tallulah herself, liking to float over and visit other trainers to study and analyze them. Although, Norton takes praise, like, super well. Call it a good ducky. It'll love you forever and constantly try to get more compliments out of you to boost it's own ego.

lopunny.gif

Freckles the Lopunny
Female
Cute Charm
Healing Wish, Ice Punch, Water Pulse, Round

Freckles is the main contest Pokemon, mostly because she loves the bright lights and glitz and glamour. Naturally, this makes Freckles and Tallulah the absolute best of friends; Tallulah often sharing secrets with the Lopunny that she trusts nobody else with. She's very cocky and sure of herself, not above teasing Pokemon larger, scarier, and possibly stronger than her. If she gets hurt--Well, they struck first, they should know better, hitting a lady like that--Unthinkable! Although, Freckles can be a little bit of a romantic sometimes...They don't call it cute charm for nothin', right? She'll play up her naturally adorable qualities and even plant a little kiss on anyone's cheek regardless of gender or lack thereof. Just...Don't expect her to stick around. She's not looking to settle down, silly.

happiny.gif

Joy the Happiny
Female
Natural Cure
Charm, Copycat, Refresh, Sweet Kiss

Joy is a recent Pokemon of her's; a rejected egg from a trainer who was rather upset she wasn't shiny. Tallulah doesn't care--She likes this baby just the way she is. Joy is a natural coward, often having to be hugged tightly by Tallulah in order to calm down from her bouts of fear. Naturally empathetic (and a bit over-sensitive), Joy is eager to toddle up to anyone upset and patting them with her tiny hands in order to take the pain away. Also, she's a little bit of a crybaby, deathly afraid of being abandoned by her new family.

Other Information:
Tallulah is an utter pacifist. If she can avoid a fight, she will. Besides, her Pokemon's movesets are tailored to be contest-viable, not battle-ready.

Character Quote/Motto:
"New town means a new life--And new people to show just how amazing 'ole Tallulah can be!"

It's three AM what am I doing​
now, THIS is a character I'm excited to see interact with people.

• Love
Reactions: RestlessComfort
Lol, Kamon is like

"Sitting on this bench makes me invisible"

Me, Kamon it really doesn't

"Shut up I'm hiding"

"Your Pokemon is giant Kamon, sitting on a bench"

"Sssssh"

@RestlessComfort; where are you guys about to Spar?

I might have Kamon intervene, if your Pokemon aren't up for battling yet, and Kamon can sense that. Kamon will intervene.

They ARE in battling condition. It's not like they are injured and are close to fainting xD more like they are sore from such a tough battle! We are in the next town over. About 1 hour walk away from the docks.

@Clyde

Gotcha, than nevermind. I'll just sit on this bench.

Gotcha, than nevermind. I'll just sit on this bench.
You can still intervene if he gets some sense that they are hiding how hurt they are or something! You could be like, "The ship wasn't leaving for a while so (your character) decided to travel to the next town over and stock up for the ride. On his way, he found two trainers on the verge of battle." Yada yada yada. Up to you

(I say an hour because I'm sure some of the stragglers will want to join up before the group gets to the ship. Plus, we are missing some main group members! They need to meet up with us before we leave)

Here is the list in case people forgot which they are:

Main Group
1. Eric
2. Riken
3. Rae
4. Crow (Male)

Stragglers along the way
1. Cluade
2. Kamon
3. Crow (Female)
4. Tallulah

@RestlessComfort; I will do that. Kamon cannot allow this battle to conclude!

BTW, I will be going fishing later today, so this might be my last post.

That is totally fine! Change of setting however. The main group are all meeting in Pastoria. Me and Love are already there, waiting for the rest. It has a swamp next to a beach with an inn (that I slept at) and SINCE we are in Pastoria, we are right next to the docs instead of an hour away

@Clyde

@RestlessComfort; you told me they were in the next town over. Jesus where the fuck are you? It be nice if you established this shite in the beginning in the IC

I apologize xD I had forgotten the name of the town when I wrote the intro...it was really late when I had originally wrote it. Also, I was unaware until just recently that Pastoria had a dock we could sail to Unova from. The town the main group is in/meeting is Pastoria. So from where you were sitting on the bench, me and loves battle would be like, 2 minutes away instead of the hour

@RestlessComfort; I didn't state how long it took Kamon to get to Pastoria town.

That's fine. You dont have to change really anything in your post except for "the next town over" thing.

But Pastoria is the next town over?

Because there's a dock in Canalave too.

I'm soo confused

Oh thats right, you did say you were in Canalave! Forgot you specified that! Then you don't have to change anything. I altered the IC Intro so now, it should clear things up xD Im sorry! Im really out of it this morning. The group is leaving from Pastoria, so if you are in Canalave, then you are going to the next town where you will see me and Love's battle. So your post is fine xD

@RestlessComfort;

*sigh of relief*

I was so confused. You're out of it was causing the meltdown of a century on my part. lol

I don't really know what to post, I guess I'll be winging it.

That's how I write half of my posts xD winging it!

And yeah im sorry lol. Long day so far

@RestlessComfort; Kamon's voice is not deep in the typical sense. He's not your typical masculine male. His voice is softer, authoritarian yes, and commanding, but not deep as a deep bass

Status
Not open for further replies.