Pokemon: The Rise of Shadow | OOC

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
R

RestlessComfort

Original poster
  1. Welcome to the wonderful World of Pokemon!

You and your group have finally done it! You fought your way through the 8 gym leaders of the Sinnoh region and gave it your best shot in the Pokemon League Tournament! Whether you did a great job and put up a good fight, or fell flat on your face after losing your first battle, the journey and people you met along the way will always hold a special place in your heart.

With the satisfaction and pride of conquering Sinnoh fresh on your minds, you and your group decide to take a little time to yourselves and relax before deciding where to go next.

Unfortunately, your R&R is cut short as you catch wind of a mysterious Pokemon festival taking place next week in the next region over: Unova

It is said that the festival will have a great deal of food, games, and contests for every type of Pokemon lover. So whether your a trainer looking to compete in a tournament, or you just want to grab a bite to eat and meet some new people, this festival has something for everyone!

Needless to say, It took little time for you and your group to decide to set off in search for this mysterious festival.

As you and your group begin to gather their things, a feeling of danger and uneasiness settles over you -- almost as though you aren't meant to ever step foot into this new region. The feeling lasts for only a moment, then dissipates. You aren't sure, but whatever that feeling was, it wasn't gonna stop you from getting to the festival and moving on to conquer yet another region!

wpid-logo_render-png192cb68e-c559-485d-b2a5-5b5c8956c762larger1.jpg

Some Rules and Regualtions

1. This is going to be a fun, yet serious Roleplay. That being said, it is very hard to continue a Roleplay when you have those who only post a couple sentences or only post once in a great while. Just stay active and post good, quality responses. Your responses don't have to be painfully long, but make them a decent length. A paragraph, 4-7 sentences long, is the minimum requirement

2. Almost any Pokemon, from Gen V or before, is allowed. The only Pokemon that aren't allowed to be owned or used are Legendary, Mythical, and Mega-Evolved Pokemon.

3. You are allowed to have the same Pokemon that someone else has, but make sure they differ in personality! Two identical Pokemon trained separately are boring. Make your Pokemon unique! They are characters too.

4. You have the choice whether to walk with your Pokemon or keep them in their respective balls. I personally prefer to walk with my Pokemon, but that decision is yours!

5. I want the Roleplayers to have some hand in the story design, but I make the final decisions, and I also have the last say.

6. There will most likely be sexual content and mature language only fit for those that are 18 and older (hence this Roleplay being under libertine.) There are no restrictions on this. Just be mature and tasteful if you chose to take a post or encounter in that direction.

7. This is a Roleplay that does have some ties to reality. You and your Pokemon are not superhuman or unbeatable. A Roleplay can get very boring, and sometimes frustrating, if there is someone who thinks they are a god and aren't able to be defeated. Obviously if your Charizard goes up against Mew 2, more times then not, your gonna get your ass kicked. Be sensible in the situations your presented with be and open to defeat. Sometimes, being beaten can add a really cool spin to a character or Roleplay as a whole.

Everything else you already know, such as god-modding and all that. Hope you have fun and welcome to the Roleplay! :)​

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Love
Reactions: mango
Can I get a small summary of what happened while I was on vacation?
Yes, you conveniently came in right before we wrote you out of the story completely (sorry, activity and all). basically, Cluade introduced himself, Kamon Introduced himself, and Tallulah Introduced herself(It's easiest to read their Introductions to "get" their characters). Just as Cluade asked Riken his name, Riken ran off towards the boat before a crazy, supernatural style storm rushed in, like he sensend that something nasty was coming. we don't currently know where Tallulah is but last we saw of her sh was approaching route 213 from 212. Eric he was being rushed towards Great lake inn on route 213 by Cluade's pokemon as Cluade ran off to get the pokemon Rangers, he knew something was very wrong with the storm and wanted Eric and his pokemon to be safe whilst he got help. Along the way there Akito Introduces himself and Cluade and Akito meet. That's pretty much it: Important to note that the rain from the storm actually seems to drain your energy, pretty important for something I have planned soon.

• Love
Well sorry for the inactivity I forgot to post that I was going on a ten day vacation and just got back so I just need to post that im on a ship or something trying to stay out of the energy draining rain.

Well sorry for the inactivity I forgot to post that I was going on a ten day vacation and just got back so I just need to post that im on a ship or something trying to stay out of the energy draining rain.
No, the boat is completely unsafe and nearly capsizing,but whatever Riken did after he ran off is up to you, I guess. The ideal situation is the group all (or mostly) ends up in the Great Lake Inn eventually, but do as you will, story arks in HB campaigns can offer a lot of "less than Ideal" twists that make the story more fun and interactive.

TL;DR generally, but I wouldn't get on that boat if I were you...

So is just about everyone at the inn then?

So is just about everyone at the inn then?
no, the storm just barely rolled in, everyone is on their way to the Inn except for Cluade and Akito, because one is a self loathing idiot who wants to put his own life at risk to help people, and the other is a vague, forgetful looney with a strong sense of duty.

Can I get a small summary of what happened while I was on vacation?

You know you really shouldn't be allowed back into this RP, due to the lack of communication you had on all of your RPs.

Oh so your still mad about the argument in the fallout rp why don't you get over it.

Oh so your still mad about the argument in the fallout rp why don't you get over it.

I'm not mad about that. If you think I'm mad about that then you need to check your priorities. If there's one thing I pride myself in, is having RP members who communicate with each other and tell us when you aren't going to be around. I forgot just doesn't cut it because it shows you're not reliable. I'll leave it that.

Ok say whatever you want.

Alright. Enough of that. Put it in the past. Glad to have you back love! Im just happy you made it back before we wrote you out! Just keep us up to date next time :) expanding on what red had said, storm is just begining to roll in. Docks have closed and everyone is rushing to the Inn. For you love, you can either run into me and all the pokemon, run into cluade and akito, or make your way to the inn on your own. Im considering a post where Eric breaks free of Venasaur and catches up to Cluade. But i want @Red crow 's opinion on that, and i would need him to respond to my posts as venasaur and his other pokemon haha. What do you think red?

Maybe I should run into Eric since they were traveling together.

Alright. Enough of that. Put it in the past. Glad to have you back love! Im just happy you made it back before we wrote you out! Just keep us up to date next time :) expanding on what red had said, storm is just begining to roll in. Docks have closed and everyone is rushing to the Inn. For you love, you can either run into me and all the pokemon, run into cluade and akito, or make your way to the inn on your own. Im considering a post where Eric breaks free of Venasaur and catches up to Cluade. But i want @Red crow 's opinion on that, and i would need him to respond to my posts as venasaur and his other pokemon haha. What do you think red?
Totally works for me, all though don't expect Emile and the crew to just continue on to the Inn without Eric, If he's going to help Cluade than the entire crew is going as well. It's just a shame that they may be too late...

Ah yeah it's time for Kamon and his hero complex

So, I've reread everything until my eyes want to jump out and drive away - is there a post actually describing the state of this boat everyone planned to take? I only know what I read further up in the OOC. It hasn't made it to the docks due to the storm, right? I'm trying to write Rae's intro!

So, I've reread everything until my eyes want to jump out and drive away - is there a post actually describing the state of this boat everyone planned to take? I only know what I read further up in the OOC. It hasn't made it to the docks due to the storm, right? I'm trying to write Rae's intro!
The boat was waiting at the docks, it was going to take off 50 minutes to an hour (tops) but the storm hit, when it did the boat was evacuated. My personal head-canon (which feels weird because I wrote it) is that the storm was so sudden and so bad that some people were thrown into the ocean because the waves were so rough. Hope that helps.

The boat was waiting at the docks, it was going to take off 50 minutes to an hour (tops) but the storm hit, when it did the boat was evacuated. My personal head-canon (which feels weird because I wrote it) is that the storm was so sudden and so bad that some people were thrown into the ocean because the waves were so rough. Hope that helps.
Thank you much for clarifying, I felt like no matter how far back I went, I couldn't find any mentioning of the boat or the docks! Must have completely over looked it.

Thank you much for clarifying, I felt like no matter how far back I went, I couldn't find any mentioning of the boat or the docks! Must have completely over looked it.
No, it's not your fault, we very briefly discussed the boat/docks but I forgot to properly describe it in my post describing the storm. (which made me feel really shit bc otherwise I was pretty proud of that post.)

Status
Not open for further replies.