Pokemon: The Rise of Shadow | IC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Once Nick sat on the floor he began to gather up what little energy he had left. As he rested he listened through the room for anything that could be of use to him. Not long after, a tall red haired man approached him from the corner of the Inn and closed the door that he had left open.
"There's, um... There's a couch, a couple actually..." After that, the tall man went back to the girl he was flirting with before.
I am not going to waist my energy on something so trivial as a luxury. The floor suits me fine and i will only be here till the rain passes Nick thought to himself. He then began to go on a small rant in his head about how people were too attached to their life of luxury and how they put too much focus on what was proper.
They rarely see the world for what it is, a vicious and cold place where anything can and does happen. In nature, you have to fight for everything that you have and nothing is given. You can be there one day and gone the next; and they are worried about me sitting in a couch? How absurd is that!
Just then the red haired man went over to another tall, blond man and they began to chat about going somewhere. Do they know something about this rain? Nick thought to himself. Their talking about leaving the inn and the girl is going with them? They must know something. I have to find out what it is. Wait, they are talking about me. Do i want to go? If it means finding out about this rain and stopping it so i can go back to my life i will do it!
Nick watched as the blond haired man walked up to him and began to ready himself if this went bad. "Hay, you alright?"
"Ya, I'm alright. I couldn't help but to over hear you and your friend talking. What is it that you want from me and what do you know about this rain?
"I couldn't help but to over hear you and your friend talking. What is it that you want from me and what do you know about this rain?"

Wow, that was quick. It was only 5 seconds into the conversation, and this boy already inferred that Eric knew something about the weather going on outside. Where should Eric begin? The part with the crazy ranger murderer who is controlling the storm? Or maybe how the rain can target who it wants, when it wants? Eric hadn't realized it till now, but there was A LOT of information to just throw at some stranger. Maybe this Inn wasn't the best place to spell it all out for him. Eric decided he would be vague at first, just until he knew if the boy wanted any part of this. On the off chance that the boy did, Eric would explain what they already knew as they were traveling to find this women. The boy had asked what Eric wanted from him, so he thought that would be the place to start.

"This is gonna sound crazy," began Eric, Akio getting down off his shoulder to study and sniff this new individual. "As I'm sure you gathered, that women and man over there are with me, same with the other boy there."

He nodded over in Riken's direction.

"We think we know what is causing the storm and how to stop it. It's a very long story, which I can fill you in on later, but what I need to know from you now is if you can help us. It's pretty obvious your a trainer --" Eric said, looking down at the Umbreon for a moment. "-- and a strong one at that. We need as much help with this as we can possibly get. Think you could come with us?"

Following this, Akio migrated over to the Umbreon, brightly greeting the tired looking Pokemon.

"Squee -- (Hello! I'm Akio! Nice to meet you!)"

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: mango
As the words hit Cluade's ears he frowned and shook his head, he felt like calling legendary Pokemon 'fairy tails' was a bit like calling a storm that can sink ships within ten minutes of showing up a mere nightmare. He turned to where the voice had come from to see yet another small person, even smaller this time! He was already taller than Eric, Riken, and Rea, but he was beginning to feel like a giant, a thought that he found far less ideal than most. If the person was any smaller then Cluade would have had to kneel down to look them in the eye.
"I'm willing to listen."
@Crow

"Very well..."

Risk begins his exposition.

"A long time ago, there lived two brothers who ruled together with their shared Dragon Pokemon. This Pokemon had power over every blaze and spark. However, one day, they had... disagreements... so they decided to..."

Taking out a candy bar, he snapped it in half.

"... their Pokemon, splitting it into two and engaging in war. The true aftermath is unknown, but it is said that these new Pokemon, holding the values and truths and ideals, seek new leaders...

... if you see a black dragon in the sky, that is one of them. He holds authority over every thunderbolt to land in Unova. Bolts of such magnitude... if it isn't him, it's...."​

"I couldn't help but to over hear you and your friend talking. What is it that you want from me and what do you know about this rain?"

Wow, that was quick. It was only 5 seconds into the conversation, and this boy already inferred that Eric knew something about the weather going on outside. Where should Eric begin? The part with the crazy ranger murderer who is controlling the storm? Or maybe how the rain can target who it wants, when it wants? Eric hadn't realized it till now, but there was A LOT of information to just throw at some stranger. Maybe this Inn wasn't the best place to spell it all out for him. Eric decided he would be vague at first, just until he knew if the boy wanted any part of this. On the off chance that the boy did, Eric would explain what they already knew as they were traveling to find this women. The boy had asked what Eric wanted from him, so he thought that would be the place to start.

"This is gonna sound crazy," began Eric, Akio getting down off his shoulder to study and sniff this new individual. "As I'm sure you gathered, that women and man over there are with me, same with the other boy there."

He nodded over in Riken's direction.

"We think we know what is causing the storm and how to stop it. It's a very long story, which I can fill you in on later, but what I need to know from you now is if you can help us. It's pretty obvious your a trainer --" Eric said, looking down at the Umbreon for a moment. "-- and a strong one at that. We need as much help with this as we can possibly get. Think you could come with us?"

Following this, Akio migrated over to the Umbreon, brightly greeting the tired looking Pokemon.

"Squee -- (Hello! I'm Akio! Nice to meet you!)"

"... how do we halt a Legendary Pokemon? Or whatever your side of the story suggests it might be?"​

"Very well..."

Risk begins his exposition.

"A long time ago, there lived two brothers who ruled together with their shared Dragon Pokemon. This Pokemon had power over every blaze and spark. However, one day, they had... disagreements... so they decided to..."

Taking out a candy bar, he snapped it in half.

"... their Pokemon, splitting it into two and engaging in war. The true aftermath is unknown, but it is said that these new Pokemon, holding the values and truths and ideals, seek new leaders...

... if you see a black dragon in the sky, that is one of them. He holds authority over every thunderbolt to land in Unova. Bolts of such magnitude... if it isn't him, it's...."​

"... how do we halt a Legendary Pokemon? Or whatever your side of the story suggests it might be?"​
He took a moment to consider, Cluade was used to murderers but he hadn't actually faced a legendary before. Luckily, though, if his hunch was correct then they wouldn't have to... yet.
"The legendary Pokemon isn't 'here', exactly. The storm originated from Unova, we know that for sure, but something's anchorin' it here. We hit the anchor and the whole ship moves out to sea, if that makes sense."
He reached up and stroked his thin, coming to a certain late realization.

"You wouldn't want to tag along, would you? The faster the storm dissipates the faster we can all move on with our lives."

"You wouldn't want to tag along, would you? The faster the storm dissipates the faster we can all move on with our lives."

Risk smiles.

"Do I look like the person who would turn down a challenge?"

After some awkward silence, he continues.

"That was rhetorical. The answer is no. Lead the way."

@Red crow

[BCOLOR=transparent]"That's it Orb, keep pressure on her," Kamon told Orb in thought.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"It's soo funn," Orb laughed and hissed.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Just keep it up," Kamon told Orb, "I'll get you something tasty for all your hardwork."[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]All though that hurt the forcefield being struck, but Kamon was just providing support for his Pokemon. Hoot needed to hurt though. The closer the pendant got to him, the more sick it made him feel. He was simply trying to support his Pokemon, but Esper was starting to take up the slack to hold the forcefield. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Akito smacked his lips and looked around loosely. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Oh, I know," Akito said with a master plan in his head, he took out his pocket ball, "Mush can help us." Akito said.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Huh?" Kamon raised a brow as he saw a Swalot come out proudly.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"He can eat the mean lady," Akito laughed.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Ahoka?" Kamon raised a brow. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"He's got a big mouth," Akito replied. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Ehhhh?" Kamon groaned, he was not in the mood to deal with the pendant and now the way this individual thought. He had to be an idiot.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Now Mush," Akito called out, "Drag in everything into your mouth."[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Mush opened up it's mouth and began to suck in air. Chairs and whatever furniture began to fly into Mush mouth, except that it spit it out. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]".....try not to eat the dead bodies," Akito added.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Bakabakashii," Kamon uttered his breath.[/BCOLOR]

Raindrops.

They weren't noticeable at first; merely little dots of precipitation on Tallulah's nose and jewelry. She would hold a hand over her eyes and peer out into the beyond of Pastoria City, trying to find this weird boat that she was supposed to get to. But they began increasing, and Oswald was getting rather irritable with his master's insistence at staying outside and getting wet. He'd irritably smack his suckers against her arm, and she would roll her eyes and snap, "Just another minute, Ozzy!"

But when the puddles were thick enough that they soaked into the inside of her shoes, that's when Tallulah decided there was a problem. She wasn't just gonna stand here and let her feet get all soaking wet, that was for sure.

Pastoria City did have an inn not in a terribly inconvenient location (see, this is why she liked Hearthrome more; there were so many more places to pop into when weird weather things liked this happened), and it was with great irritation she squished along with her shoes all wet over to the inn's front door. She pushed it open, then took off her shoes and all but kicked them into the corner to dry. Then she took a moment to primp herself a bit (even though she was still very visibly wet) and then turn to the conversing people within the end, pulling out some more confetti from in her pocket and attempting to toss it over herself as she'd done before...But with everything being so wet, more of it stuck to her hand then actually sprinkled over here.

"Alright! Cease your insignificant rabble, for--Yes, indeed!--The rather fantastic Tallulah is here to being some sophistication into this two-bit act! Save all your requests for pictures and autographs, thanks, because I have a rather important inquiry..." Her eyelids lowered slightly. "...Who's the wise guy using rain dance at a time like this?"​

Intriguing.

Shrugging his shoulders, Risk speaks up. "Probably not a 'guy'. Or 'gal'. I speculate that it's a Unova 'mon of high potential. Doing this from a far distance."

Turning to Jougasaki Mika Talluah, Risk asserts some authority the Risk way. Reaching out his hand, he nods, "my name is Risk. That's my first name, not my middle. Pleasure to meet you, Tal..."

Risk looks up and down at Talluah's wet clothing.

"Well, I guess I won't rain on your parade, because it appears that someone else had already done so. Pretty literal, I might add."

Humour is objective.

@Lissamel

Raindrops.

They weren't noticeable at first; merely little dots of precipitation on Tallulah's nose and jewelry. She would hold a hand over her eyes and peer out into the beyond of Pastoria City, trying to find this weird boat that she was supposed to get to. But they began increasing, and Oswald was getting rather irritable with his master's insistence at staying outside and getting wet. He'd irritably smack his suckers against her arm, and she would roll her eyes and snap, "Just another minute, Ozzy!"

But when the puddles were thick enough that they soaked into the inside of her shoes, that's when Tallulah decided there was a problem. She wasn't just gonna stand here and let her feet get all soaking wet, that was for sure.

Pastoria City did have an inn not in a terribly inconvenient location (see, this is why she liked Hearthrome more; there were so many more places to pop into when weird weather things liked this happened), and it was with great irritation she squished along with her shoes all wet over to the inn's front door. She pushed it open, then took off her shoes and all but kicked them into the corner to dry. Then she took a moment to primp herself a bit (even though she was still very visibly wet) and then turn to the conversing people within the end, pulling out some more confetti from in her pocket and attempting to toss it over herself as she'd done before...But with everything being so wet, more of it stuck to her hand then actually sprinkled over here.

"Alright! Cease your insignificant rabble, for--Yes, indeed!--The rather fantastic Tallulah is here to being some sophistication into this two-bit act! Save all your requests for pictures and autographs, thanks, because I have a rather important inquiry..." Her eyelids lowered slightly. "...Who's the wise guy using rain dance at a time like this?"​
Before the boy could respond to Eric's question, once again, the large front door of the Inn abruptly swung open. The interruption was so abrupt that Akio had actually jumped back several feet out of fear. Eric quickly turned around to see a young women with pink hair entering the lobby, soaked from head to toe. The girl looked furious about something, taking a moment to wring out her hair before reaching into her pockets. From her pockets emerged two handfuls of confetti, which she then tried to throw over her head so that it would rain down elegantly upon her. This may have been a good idea in theory; however, her frivolous attempts were to no avail as a large amount of the shredded paper stayed glued to her hand. This must have caused quite a bit of embarrassment, but even so, the women still loudly addressed the entire Inn.

"Alright! Cease your insignificant rabble, for--Yes, indeed!--The rather fantastic Tallulah is here to being some sophistication into this two-bit act! Save all your requests for pictures and autographs, thanks, because I have a rather important inquiry. Who's the wise guy using rain dance at a time like this?"

'Quite the entrance,' Eric thought to himself.

The women held her chin up high, and her feet steadily beneath her. She was petite, but Eric still felt slightly intimidated by her. He wasn't really sure why this was the case, but Eric chalked it up to her loud and overwhelming entrance. Everyone had taken notice of her (really, it was hard not to) but even so, no one really responded to her question. Eric looked around to see that everyone in the Inn was either looking away or caught up in their own conversations. The tall blonde gave a small sigh before speaking.

"I'm afraid it isn't as simple as someone using rain dance," Eric responded, standing up straight before Akio ran up his leg and cowered in his backpack. "It's a lot worse then you think."

Cluade peered at the girl that had just entered the door, he already didn't like her. He watched as she pulled two handfuls of confetti out of her pocket. She just carries confetti around in her pockets? Who does that? He thought, but still managed to lift the corner of his mouth into an almost smile as she struggled to properly throw the party decoration into the air.

"Alright! Cease your insignificant rabble, for--Yes, indeed!--The rather fantastic Tallulah is here to being some sophistication into this two-bit act! Save all your requests for pictures and autographs, thanks, because I have a rather important inquiry. Who's the wise guy using rain dance at a time like this?"

Cluade listened to her speak and grew more and more irritable with every word that erupted from her huge mouth.
Insignificant rabble Cluade thought. I wish this was the record time for pissing me off, but someone's still got her beat by at least three seconds. Honestly, how can you be so self absorbed, so obnoxious, so undeniably petty,
"So ugly." Cluade said under his breath, barely just avoiding saying it out loud. If Eric wanted to waste his time one her he could, but Cluade was beginning to get antsy, his worry for Akito and Kamon growing larger and larger. For a moment he thought he could hear distant flapping noises, but there was no way a Pokemon could fly through this rain, He must really have been losing it from standing in one place for so long.

Nick was about to respond to Eric when all of a sudden the front door swing open. Fearing the worst, Nick crouched and jumped further into the inn. Being that it was pure instincts, it all happened in a split seccond. Nick wiped around to assess the threat but all he saw was a slider pink haired girl standing in the doorway.
Great, now I have to deal with a narcissistic girl. Nick thought to himself. He didn't even bother listening to the words she was saying because he was sure that they would just annoy him. He watched as the blond haired boy began to speak with the girl. He had to remember to get his name later. Nate got up and walked over to the blond, "Hay, are we going to talk to every person that comes through that door or are we going to stop this rain?"

Trouble's on its way through the front door-

Alright! Cease your insignificant rabble, for--Yes, indeed!--The rather fantastic Tallulah is here to being some sophistication into this two-bit act!

"Insignificant? My my, aren't we something," Rae finally pushed herself off from the sofa, her canine leaping off from the cushions as well. With her ribbons extended, aware of Cluade's gradually increasing agitation, Lottie wrapped both around either one of his arms and hummed a soft little melody, emitting a soft, blue glow - calm mind. The brunette stood beside the taller male, arms folded across her chest, her tone light hearted, "Don't lose it yet, love. We haven't even made it outside!"

Honestly, she found all these fresh faces amusing, and her expression - a typically uncharacteristic, genuine smile - showed just that. It wasn't often that anyone could hold Rae's attention, rarer was it that a handful of individuals had her on her feet, ready to go, emanating the same eagerness Cluade had not too long ago. Bringing fairy tales into the mix and speaking as if they were now possibilities only further fueled her determination to get out there and find the origins of this storm - forget maniacal organization, there might be a gold mine of experiences and stories in this little expedition. "If we're all up to date and ready, aside from filling sparkles in on what's going on if you want to," She nodded to Eric, offering a half smile as her own greeting. "Then let's do this, while I still have an ounce of optimism in me, cause that'll wear off soon." Rae wouldn't be making too much of an effort to remember names and specifics at the moment, there was a lot of energy to sort through, a lot of dispositions to break down and label, for now, however, she just wanted out of the inn and into the chaos. Life was getting boring anyways.

The Sylveon's energy ran up through his arms, making him feel far less annoyed. He was convinced that Rea might actually be perfect. Her words drew him out of his thought, however, making him remember the severity of the situation. The flapping sound had grown louder and he was convinced it wasn't just his Imagination at this point.
"couldn't agree more, Rea. Eric, we should get going ASAP, explain what you have time to and then-"
A loud thud came from the front door, causing Cluade to rush over to it and pry it open quickly, revealing a Noctowl that was getting back on it's feet after seemingly flying straight into the door.
"This is... Eric! Forget 'as soon as possible,' you can explain on the way there, but we need to go now. Our escort's here, everyone that's goin' get outside and prep up some sort of barrier if you can, you don't wanna spend too much time in the rain! Come on, let's go!"
Cluade rushed outside, Bruiser, his houndoom, popped from his Pokeball and emitted a wave of dark energy above him. Cluade gestured to the people inside urgently to join him as the Noctowl took to the sky once more.

Before he knew it, Eric had multiple voices being thrown at him. He didn't even know the name of most of these people, but they addressed him just the same.

"Hay, are we going to talk to every person that comes through that door or are we going to stop this rain?"

"Let's do this, while I still have an ounce of optimism in me, cause that'll wear off soon."

"Eric, we should get going ASAP, explain what you have time to."

The general consensus of the group was something along the lines of, "Eric stop wasting time and get your ass moving, we've got places to be!" He couldn't allow himself to hold them back any longer. Perhaps he had forgotten the severity of the situation. After all, people had died and more were fainting outside! He could hear them now! SMACK. Then another! SMACK. Wait a minute...those noises weren't people fainting outside. It was the Inn's front door. Something had slammed against it with a tremendous amount of force. The party fell silent as the sound echoed throughout the lobby. Cluade was the first to make a move, walking over to the door and swinging it open. Through the open entrance of the Inn, Eric could make out a large Noctowl scurrying to it's feet, seemingly getting back up after slamming itself into the door a few times. The group stood stunned as Cluade quickly looked up from the injured Pokemon, making eye contact with Eric.

"Eric! Forget 'as soon as possible,' you can explain on the way there, but we need to go now. Our escort's here, everyone that's goin' get outside and prep up some sort of barrier if you can, you don't wanna spend too much time in the rain! Come on, let's go!"

Following this, Cluade bolted out the door and brought Bruiser, his Houndoom, out of it's Pokeball. The beefy dog appeared in front of the Inn, proceeding to create a shield over his and his master's heads. For now, Cluade was protected from the storm. Eric spent little to no time following in Cluade's footsteps.

"You're right. We need to move now. Everyone, follow that Noctowl!"

With that, Eric grabbed a Pokeball from his belt, enlarging it and throwing it into the air.

"You can do it old friend! Kyo, I choose you!"

An impressive looking Lucario erupted from the Pokeball, emerging before the group. The Lucario stood tall and proud, making eye contact with Eric, awaiting instruction.

"Kyo, I know your still not at 100%, but I need you. We have to follow that Noctowl! Create an Aura Barrier around us so we can make it safely through the rain."

Kyo gave a confident nod before charging out into the rain with Eric, chanting something under his breath. The barrier seemingly formed around them as they ran, the two friends eventually reaching Cluade and his Houndoom. Eric looked back at the group and quickly ushered them to follow.

"Come on!"

Nick was glad to hear that most of the people were on the same page as him. They were all getting impatient; it was not just him. He was about to add to what the tall red-head was saying when he heard a loud thump come from the door.
"Eric! Forget 'as soon as possible,' you can explain on the way there, but we need to go now. Our escort's here, everyone that's goin' get outside and prep up some sort of barrier if you can, you don't wanna spend too much time in the rain! Come on, let's go!" With that, the man ran out the door following the Noctowl. Shortly after that, Eric ran out the door while saying "You're right. We need to move now. Everyone, follow that Noctowl!"
Nick shifted his gaze to Averroes with look that said lets do this! Nick ran out the door in pursuit of Eric and the Noctowl. Right as the rain was about to hit him Averroes used psychic to shield them both. Averroes always knows just what to do Nick thought with gratitude in his heart.

"Well, I guess I won't rain on your parade, because it appears that someone else had already done so. Pretty literal, I might add."

"I'm afraid it isn't as simple as someone using rain dance," Eric responded, standing up straight before Akio ran up his leg and cowered in his backpack. "It's a lot worse then you think."

, "Hay, are we going to talk to every person that comes through that door or are we going to stop this rain?"

"Insignificant? My my, aren't we something,"

Oh boy. Oh. Boy.

Tallulah shook the confetti off of her hand before placing her hands on her hips and turning her nose up with a small, indignant sniff. "More than a rain dance? Then what is it, then?" She asked with a tinge of indignance in her tone before letting out a small sigh. "Listen, maybe you're just new to this and never got out of town, but I'm supposed to be catching a very important ferry ride to a very important town, since I am--As you may know!--A very important person." A big, flashing smile crossed Tallulah's face as she closed her eyes and put a hand on her breast. "I'm a very famous contest winner in the toughness, cleverness, beauty, and cuteness! I've been on TV," All of once, "And my opinion is highly respected," A flat lie, "And really, I think I deserve a little more than what I'm getting..."

A sucker pop distracted her.

The Octillery noticed the disrupting Noctowl before Tallulah did, prompting her to open her eyes and look around at everyone suddenly in hot pursuit for a bothersome bird. Her face turned a bright tomato red as she shouted "WELL AT LEAST WAIT FOR ME!" before stomping over and putting her wet shoes back on (ew ew ew) and chasing after them in a huff.​

"Listen, maybe you're just new to this and never got out of town, but I'm supposed to be catching a very important ferry ride to a very important town, since I am--As you may know!--Avery important person."

"Such a coincidence," Risk smirks, "so am I."

He looks back to the others present in the area and winks.

"No exposition dumps from me. Now where were we? Ah yes, we have to smash some anchor, right? Uproot it? Turn it upside down? Let's see how a solution rolls."

Risk tosses a Dusk Ball into the air, causing it to conjure a cephalopod-like Pokemon that no one(save for maybe one or two others) have seen before.

250px-687Malamar.png

"Mmmmrrrr..."

"This aquatic Pokemon here can turn that frown upside down, in a literal sense. I don't like to take instructions, and I know you don't either, Tal," Risk raises his arms and shakes his head as he looks at Tal, "but I think these guys have enough exposition to run the parade... for the time being."

@Lissamel @Red crow @RestlessComfort @R E I @Naton

"You heard'm, Cayde, back out into the rain we go~" Rae and her Alakazam made their way out more casually than the others, never ones for getting caught in the rush, nor was she interested in merging with a group of strangers so suddenly. Aligned interests indicated nothing about individual motives, and Rae wouldn't let herself be so naïve as to think everyone here was in it for saving other's the burden - except Cluade.

Don't give him so much credit, your logical thinking is biased to a handsome face.

"Oh it is not," She denied.

The downpour was constant, though it dissipated when caught in the transparent, spherical energy shield manifested just around Rae and her team mate. Curious, the brunette paused in the midst of everyone's hastening, inclining with one hand behind her back and letting the other hover just before where the field of energy broke off. Driven by inquisition, she pressed her fingers just outside of the shield, only to retract it immediately as the rain coated her hand and within resonated an ungodly ache. She clutched it to her chest, a blush spreading across her cheeks as Cayde chuckled from behind her. You just had to test it for yourself, didn't you? Even with the knowledge of it's energy sapping nature?

"Can't rely on everything anyone tells you, I could've been immune for all we knew," She responded sheepishly, cringing as the ache spread all the way up to her shoulder, which hadn't even been caught outside of the shield. "I wonder how this is affecting the wildlife, I'd like to think they could take shelter, but for those unfortunate enough to believe this is just a harmless rainstorm..." Treating her right arm a little more delicately, she shifted her attention back to the group that was gradually slipping away from herself and Cayde. Without a word, he teleported them to be closer to the handful of individuals she'd been with at the inn, and silently they followed them and their Noctowl escort.

Despite the barriers, the rain still proved to be an immense obstacle, increasing in strength and sheer abundance during the few minutes they had been at the inn. The ocean, which once allowed people and Pokemon a generous amount of space on the beach, now crashed and slammed against the sand. What usually would have been a pleasant jaunt to the city entrance became a nightmare as large waves would occasionally come crashing down on their barriers, and when thee group looked up from underneath their barriers as the wave hit and pulled back they could hundreds of struggling Remoraid being terrorized by the ocean. Some stopped moving. They passed by a beached Gyrados that even the stronger waves struggled to move, Cluade, Eric, and their Pokemon took a moment to push it back into the water, for better or for worse.
In the wake the group would often see bits and pieces of the once impressive cruise liner they were supposed to board, reminding them of the grim fate they had narrowly avoided. Occasionally the waves would barrel in towards them carrying some sort of memento or piece of clothing , and when everyone looked at them with sickened faces Cluade did his best to draw their attention elsewhere, but Rea was still forced to realize that she hadn't saved everyone. She looked away as the waves left a child's cap alone on the beach.
When they finally reached the city the rain began to be a nuisance in new ways, distorting and occasionally even completely blocking their visual on the Noctowl, forcing them to stop as they were surrounded by a completely opaque blanket of falling water. On the rare moment that they could see and could look away from the Noctowl they would see lightning striking trees and buildings, ushering in bright fires that were suffocated in mere seconds by the downpour.
throughout this whole venture Eric had to scream in order to convey the story so far, the whole time shouting as he sprinted through choirs of winds and orchestras of thunder and lightning.
Finally, after two and a half hours they were a short distance from where the Noctowl was leading them: the ranger building. The storm seemed monumentally worse around the building, the winds would uproot trees and swing around large pieces of debris like paper razors. The roof of the building had clearly been struck by thunder multiple times, and where there once was a proud lightning rod now stood a charred, deformed husk. The group barely made it to the door after thirty minutes, now in front of them stood a dark haired boy consoling two exhausted poison Pokemon, and another young man going all out to keep a psychic barrier up. A Gengar laid inside the barrier, completely unconscious, as a mad woman slashed at the barrier with a knife, screaming obscenities at the boy. None of them had noticed the large group yet.

It was a treacherous journey, with many sights to behold. Risk aided with his cephalopod Pokemon's 'Superpower', exerting strength to push beached Pokemon in and pull heavy victims out. Out of disaster and debris, that is.

"Well, this is a bummer, is it not? A journey like this, ends up like this. Not an everyday thing, and that's the thing. Life is as brittle and unpredictable as a single stick. And I certainly would not want to be two sticks."

Risk's smile was no longer present as he had journeyed to follow the Noctowl alongside Talluah, Claude, Eric and others in the large group. The absence of a single smirk signified something, a form of seriousness presumably. Risk's attention was shifted towards the insane woman.

"Let me guess - don't hurt her," Risk questions the others. "Either way, I suggest you all prepare your most cutproof Pokemon. Malamar, Hypnosis, on the woman. And ready Night Slash."

The cephalopod unleashes a hymn in its eyes, targeted at the insane woman with the knife. The effects of the Hypnotic Blast were meant to put her into a deep sleep...

@Lissamel @Red crow @R E I @Naton @RestlessComfort

Last edited:
The hypnotic beam hit the woman and tranquilized her for a moment before she shook her head and turned to face the large group, her smile grew and revealed wicked teeth. She cocked her head up while keeping her tiny pupils focused on them. Her chest heaved like a dying animal's would, emphasizing the oblong hexagonal amulet that sat on her chest.
Cluade spoke frantically with authority.
"I'll distract her. Eric, get Kamon. Rea try to get that dark haired guy out of my way, don't get hurt yourself. The rest of you, take every opportunity to neutralize that amulet. and Risk," He said as he cracked his knuckles. "I'm gonna hurt this monster lots."
Then he rushed in with death in his eyes, launching a fist into the madwoman's face which she took like a ton of bricks. She shook the hit off in less than a second but it was clear how much the punch did, she lunged back in with the knife, swiping it across his face and down his chest, leaving two nasty gashes. She began to move erratically, dodging Cluade's punches as she laughed maniacally, bringing Cluade's wrath to chairs and tables as he missed her. Everything Cluade hit turned to splinters in his rage.
@Lissamel @R E I @Naton @RestlessComfort @Clyde @LoveandHate91

Status
Not open for further replies.