Once a day Things about Iwaku we're really grateful for!

i am grateful for having Administrators that love and dedicate there job to making a site that everyone loves. Thank you so much!

I'm thankful for a community that keeps bringing back the same old goofballs for years and years.

• Love
Reactions: Diana
BBcode. Glorious BBcode. And for knowing this weeks in advance. The communication to the community is great.

• Love
Reactions: Diana
Today I'm grateful for Iwaku's very reasonable staff. It's probably not the usual compliment given to staff people, but I chose the word 'reasonable' over various synonyms of 'good' for two reasons.

First, the site rules, particularly those which deal with adult content, are perhaps the most reasonable set of rules I've ever encountered on a roleplaying forum. Cordoning all adult content off into its own section, or requiring it to be hidden from view of those who don't want to see it in non-Libertine sections, is great. So many forums try to absolutely ban any kind of mature content (always sexual, but often gore as well) and then have to police roleplay content, and that's just foolish. People are going to do that kind of roleplaying no matter what your rules say, so the only reasonable way to deal with it is to allow it to exist but only in specific places. Of those sites I've seen that do have a mature content section, most just have an 18+ area that's age gated that have huge problems with minors sneaking in; Iwaku's teenager smut section is a nice way to try to solve that, and it's something I've never seen in place elsewhere.

Second, the staff members themselves are quite reasonable in their actions based on what I have seen so far. I've experienced plenty of ban-happy moderators on power trips, I've seen the kind that play favorites and protect the worst offenders because they happen to be friends, I've dealt with forum staff who will just straight up ban people who disagree with them about anything, I've been on forums where the mods deal with heated debates and arguments by just banhammering everyone involved, and all sorts of other awful and crazy types. I haven't seen any of that bullshit on Iwaku, and that makes me rather happy. I was involved in one thread where things were getting a bit out of hand, and a staff member just came and warned people to calm it down lest the thread be closed and people possibly get in some trouble, rather than just swooping in and throwing out punishments. Yesterday I posted in the a thread saying why I thought a staff idea for a new section wasn't a good idea, and instead of getting slapped down as would be the norm on some shitty forums I had a civil discussion with a staff member about it.

It's kind of depressing that simple reasonableness is rare enough to stand out as something special in my roleplay forum experiences, but there it is.

I am thankful for Iwaku being thankful for being thankful.

Today I am thankful for FEEDBACK and participation in discussions for potential site updates! It's easier not asking anybody for their input before we do things, cause we can get it done faster that way. But we miss out on a lot of cool ideas and suggestions that turn out so much better than what we originally planned. It makes me super excited to unveil updates and implement things that members all worked together to form! ^o^

Reactions: unanun
Updates. Just the fact that they're happening is great, regardless of the actual content of the updates.

Also, since there was a day missed in there, lazy bonus extra thing. I'm grateful for the new forum organization that came from the update, because I like things being all tidy and orderly and now the RP sections are very neatly ordered instead of being kind of a mess.

• Love
Reactions: Astaroth and Diana
Updates. Just the fact that they're happening is great, regardless of the actual content of the updates.

Also, since there was a day missed in there, lazy bonus extra thing. I'm grateful for the new forum organization that came from the update, because I like things being all tidy and orderly and now the RP sections are very neatly ordered instead of being kind of a mess.
I second all of this!

• Love
The communication during the update and the attempt to give people something to do during the downtime. I mean, I don't know how long it's been since facilitating members during an update is something an RP-site did. Even if I didn't make use of it, it shows the involvement.

Did I say this already? I don't know...

I am grateful for a caring staff. Ya'll are the backbone of this community, and strive to keep the ship sailing smoothly in many aspects, whether it be getting rid of the true undesirables or putting your heart and soul (and sleep XD) into this site.

• Love
  • Thank You
Reactions: Diana and Astaroth
I'm grateful for the update. It was intense work and it's totally paid off. Sure there are hiccups but when aren't there? The admins and staff peoples did a great job! I like the looks of the new appearance. It'll take a while to get used to but I'm sure I'll adjust just like everyone else XD :fairy:

• Love
  • Thank You
I think I fixed my washing machine all by myself! Yes, me, little miss non-mechanical someone! I flooded the laundry room, but my washer is running!

Is grateful that I'm new enough here that the changes aren't throwing me for a loop. I was already in a loop, but I am so excited to get started. Just got to find a RP.

• Love
I'm grateful for being given another chance.

• Love
I'm thankful that this site doesn't take several seconds to load only to spit out a blank screen, then proceed to implode to epic proportions. I click a button and it works. As intended.

Yeah. I'm just gonna say I like that, because too many sites I have been on were as stable as a three legged horse on crack cocaine trying to jump through a ring of fire while bouncing on a trampoline.

Iwaku is now wide screen within a day or two of me commenting that it wasn't.

I was listened to. I don't even. How does one describe such sharp service? I'm literally getting my money's worth.

• Love