Once a day Things about Iwaku we're really grateful for!

I'm thankful for the Iwaku bunny mascot. I just find it adorable the way it is plastered all over the place. Not many sites could pull off a rabbit without looking really prissy, but Iwaku does it.
I'm grateful for this as well, but mainly because I never noticed the bunny thing at all until I read this post. Now I see that it is indeed all over the place. I like that the mascot/logo is subtle instead of being forcibly shoved into your eye holes via large size and bright colors like a lot of sites do.

• Love
Reactions: Diana
Today, I am grateful for all the different mediums of roleplaying that I get to do! O____O From chat roleplaying, to private roleplays, to groups, to jumpins, to signups, and everything in between. I like having choices.

I'm grateful for my partner, even though he's not on the site anymore, he's still freaking awesome and our rp is still going on! Yay!!

• Love
I'm grateful that I get to meet interesting people from all over the world, because we're a very multinational community and don't punish people for not speaking perfect English.

• Love
Thanks Iwaku for accepting me as the weird, weird creature I am.

• Love
I am grateful for Ilium.

I know this seems like a shameless plug for the roleplay I happen to co-GM - but honestly, I am grateful for it.

@Asmodeus and @Tegan completely changed the way I look at roleplay (though I'm so used to it now that it just kind of feels common sense) with Ilium. It has helped me grow immensely as a writer, and even in some ways, as a person, not to mention that it created a mini-community within Iwaku containing people I really enjoy hanging out with.

Shoutouts to the GM team too, @Diana, @Jack Shade, @unanun, @Zen, @Peregrine for being awesome co-GMs.

I have enjoyed, and continue to enjoy, every minute of Ilium.

Thanks to Iwaku too for housing something so amazing. ^^

• Love
I'm thankful for all the different community events. They're actually really interesting, even though I haven't participated in any yet. They really promote some community activity and involvement and just are really neat ideas. Good on the site for giving back and actually doing something so awesome.

• Love
I am grateful for the organization on this site. I love how the roleplays are separated into genres with the option for people to put down what writing expectations the GM's wish to see along with the contents that the roleplay might employ. On top of that, the option of having mature content (albeit in hiders) is also a great thing. I don't necessarily have to hide an rp in the pm's just because it might have some sexual elements in a few places. This really helps me when I go to choose an rp to participate in.

• Love
Reactions: Diana and Astaroth
I'm thankful and forever grateful for the ability to express myself in all forms, even as a minor.

I spent quite a long time searching for somewhere I could fully, freely, completely express myself and my characters as I imagined and willed them to be. I had started losing hope that I could do so before turning 18 due to all the sites having '18+ only sections' and such hefty restrictions on minors, but then I found this beautiful place called Iwaku after another desperate google search. A great community, rules with minimal creative restrictions, and a well balanced staff... Everything appealed to me, and honestly the two separate mature sections and minimal rules seems like such an unusual thing to do in the big picture of roleplaying websites, but it's made such a big difference for me and has been what kept me here for so long and has made me love this place the way I do.

It's let me explore so much more of myself and my creativity, and allowed me to develop my characters in newer and more complete ways. Sure, sometimes it can be a bit awkward or confusing, but that is so much better than being so restricted like every other roleplaying website out there. It's great, different, and one of the things I am most thankful for both on and off the site for how it's letting me feel like I'm growing beyond just my roleplaying skills.

So thank you Iwaku, for giving members of all ages equal freedom and ability to express themselves in all aspects, gory and naughty included among many others. It allows such a unique environment for everyone to explore, and truly it sets you apart from every other role-play site in a big and beautiful way.

Last edited by a moderator:
Today, I am really, really grateful for our donating members! Even when it's just a dollar every so often, those dollars really add up. We're not a business and we don't have luck with advertisers, so everything gets paid for out of pocket. For the past year, I've been able to pay ALL of our Iwaku bills just on donations alone, PLUS some money left over to take care of our licensing fees for the site upgrades, special modifications, and other things we need for the site. Sometimes we even have money left over for CONTEST PRIZES now, which I am really excited about having a chance to do more often! ^o^

Reactions: Astaroth
I'm grateful for :dragon: and for the ability to actually customize my posts with colors, fonts, highlights, tables and all the other things.

I can actually do shit to my posts now and be happy when I look at them.

• Love
Reactions: Astaroth and Diana
I am thankful for the wonderful community here, and all the great friends I've already made in my time here. You guys know who you are <3

• Love
I'm thankful for the place in general. As only a portion of the forum knows how horrible I am and therefore I can spread like a virus :> <3

• Love
Reactions: Diana and Astaroth
I'm still thankful for the cbox! It's a great place for people to hang out and get to know each other.

I know I don't hang out in there much anymore, but it was where I got to know most of the folks I still talk to on Iwaku today. Plus most of my RP life was in chat RP so the cbox was the most familiar and most comfortable for me.

Hell, now that I've mentioned it, I'm going to hop into the cbox right now.

• Love
I'm thankful for the Rant thread. Because messes are messy.... -.-'

• Love
I am grateful for the subscript​ and superscript​ functions, and the rest of the text formatting stuff in general. After coming from a forum with only the very bare minimum of text formatting options, just knowing that I can do to text here basically anything I could do to it in a program like Word or Open Office is really nice.

• Love