Not Another Cinderella Story (lxngdon & MaryGold)

M A S O N
Mason placed his arms around Lainey's waist and pulled her close, as close he could considering the bump between them. That wasn't on his mind, however, with their bodies mashed together, he kissed her deeply, desiring more than just simple cuddles this time. He wanted just as much as he needed her.

So much for a relaxing bath.

He broke their kiss once or twice to swallow gulps of air. Staying in the tub, wouldn't do. It was too restrictive and not comfortable enough. Grabbing her by her waist, he lifted her out of the tub and set her onto the rim. Only after hopping out himself, and taking her back to their bedroom was he really able to indulge both their desires.

{SKIP}

l a i n e y

Lainey was woken up the next morning by a firm nudge to her stomach. This wasn't unusual -- Harper was quite a hyperactive infant, so she was used to being woken up early by him. What she wasn't used to was waking up naked beside Mason.

The memories of the night before flooded back into her mind and she turned onto her side to see the outline of her boyfriend, barely visible due to the early morning sunlight. Still, he was easily the most beautiful thing she had ever seen in her life, even if she could only see his back and the back of his hair, since he was facing away from her.

Regardless, Lainey shifted so she was laying beside him, leaning her forehead against his bare back, draping one arm over his waist. She felt so comfortable there, in a way that she had never been able to feel with Harrison. Or even Tristan. She knew what she had with Mason was true love. She would never find it again.

And she wasn't going to lose Mason either.

M A S O N
Mason rolled onto his back once Lainey out her around him. He couldn't see her for his vision had gone once he pulled out his contacts but he didn't need to, her presence was more than enough on top of her touch. Her touch, pleasure and passion all that he was enveloped the night before and love too, though, it wasn't just emitting from only himself this time. He couldn't remember the last time he felt this much love and appreciation or if he had ever at all.

The only woman he had love he could count with one hand. Comparing what he felt with them and how he felt now ... He wondered if it was ever love in the first place or if it was some else entirely. Mason wasn't sure, the only thing was sure about was the present and how he was now, how he loved the woman beside him so much he could hardly breathe and his thoughts were consumed with her at any time.

It was also say he was able to put zero work into his music last night. Obviously, she was a huge distraction. Mason couldn't have been happier.

"Hey," He greeted her softly with a small smile, his cheeks dimpling as they always did. "Good morning, Buttercup."

He leaned in and kissed the tip of her nose one of her many soft features and snaked his around arm around her shoulders and squeezed gently. He didn't new to see to feel her, no, now that he knew her body.

l a i n e y
"Good morning," Lainey said quietly, smiling up at Mason even if she knew he couldn't see her face without his contact lenses. "Sorry if I woke you."

Lainey felt incredibly comfortable in Mason's embrace and if neither of them had work to do, she would probably suggest just lounging about all day and relaxing. But, alas, that was impossible because Mason had a job and Lainey had things to clean. She wasn't his housekeeper anymore but that didn't mean she cleaned any less. If anything she cleaned more, because she felt anxious in a messy environment, and she was pretty sure she was nesting.

Lainey wriggled closer to her boyfriend and kissed him softly on the lips. "I had a wonderful time last night." And she had. It felt wonderful to be able to show Mason how much she loved him.

Harper kicked her belly and therefore Mason. "Harper says good morning."

M A S O N
"Does he never sleep?" Mason inquired curiously. Sliding down the sheets slightly, he lowered himself and pecked her round stomach lightly, with both hands on either side. "Good morning to you too, mate." He greeted the unborn and very active infant.

He kissed her soft skin once more before slipping out of bed and putting on his glasses from the nightstand. With his sight returned, he pulled back on his undergarment and pants from the night before with the intentions of taking a shower later. Immediately after he shifted in his spot so that he was facing her once more as he sat.

"I'll make you breakfast,"
He told her, smiling gently and leaning back against the headboard. "Say what you want, and I'll make it. My specialties for breakfast consisting of crepes, burritos, and waffles."

l a i n e y
Lainey smiled when Mason kissed her bare skin, reaching under the blankets to run a hand through his hair softly as he did so. She loved it when Mason gave her that kind of affection -- the kind of affection that applied to Harper also. It let her know that he was going to be an amazing father to their child, even if he wasn't the father biologically. Genetics didn't matter. What mattered was love.

Lainey sat up, holding up the blanket to conver her chest, and tucked the small tendrils of hair that had escaped its bun overnight behind her ears. "Hmm ... waffles sound amazing," she murmured, stretching her back, since it was a bit stiff due to her being pregnant.

"Oh, and maybe some bacon? And hash browns ..." Lainey's stomach growled and she looked up at Mason sheepishly. "Sorry. Cravings." She had had a lot of those over the span of her pregnancy, and Mason had always been accomodating and willing to cater to her wants. He was an amazing boyfriend, and she loved him more than she had ever loved anyone else.

She pulled a cute facial expression and caressed his cheek affectionately. "Please? For me?"

M A S O N
"Aww, I'll think real hard about it." Mason teased her flicking her forehead and then kissing her in the spot afterward. Of course, he would make the bacon and hashbrowns, how could he not when she asked so sweetly? She made him melt on the spot.

He stood from his spot on the bed, ruffled his already messy hair and walked toward the exit of the room.
"It'll be done within the hour." He promised her, smiling pleasantly.

In the kitchen, Mason hooked his Ipod up to its speakers on the bench and played the music. He always enjoyed listening to other artist music even after he started to gain fame. As a little fan, he always made time. After Laughter, Insanity Not Sound's newest album, songs were played followed by older artist such as My Chemical Romance,

The sound of music filled the kitchen as he moved around the kitchen whipping of their breakfast. In addition to the hashbrown and bacon, he also scrambled eggs, prepared multiple toppings for their waffles and made hot chocolate topped with whip cream and drizzled with caramel. Once the table was set and arranged beautifully did he call Lainey down join him.

They could have nice, liesurely breakfast before he left to work.

l a i n e y
Lainey smiled broadly, always happy when Mason put in a little extra effort for her. He did it frequently but it never failed to bring an extra smile to her face. She felt so loved and cherished when with Mason, it was hard for her to understand how she had ever lived any other way. Rather, how she had ever allowed herself to be treated any other way.

While Mason was cooking, Lainey had a shower and washed her thick hair, allowing the hot water to soak into and relax her taut muscles, just as she had the night before. Once she was clean and dried, she dressed in a pair of thick black leggings and a baggy gray T-shirt, the type of outfit she had been dressing in most throughout her pregnancy. She also threw her wet hair up in a messy bun -- not the most glamorous of appearances but she knew Mason wouldn't mind. Mason loved her no matter what.

"Mmm ... this smells amazing," she murmured as she joined Mason in the kitchen and her eyes landed on the spread he had prepared. She smiled up at Mason and stood on her tiptoes to kiss him softly.

"Thank you. I love you so much."

M A S O N
"I love you too," Mason kissed her back and pulled away only to have sit in front of her plate. He sat across from her and sipped from his cup of hot chocolate in which he added coffee to keep him lively for the day. Coffee was a considerably healthier replacement for his usual intoxicants for which he was struggling with. "It's the least I can do, I doubt it's as good as your cooking. If it's not, spare my feelings and lie."

He used his mug-free hand to push the bowls of topping from the middle of the table close to her side. "But if you do enjoy it, help yourself to more." He gripped his mug tightly to keep his hand from shaking. Tremors was a only a minor side effect of his intentional deprivation and his anxiety issues only added to his problems.

Luckily, this morning he was feeling delightful and calm. Therefore, it wasn't so bad.

"What do you plan on doing today while I'm gone? I was thinking we could go out or something."

l a i n e y
Once she was seated, Lainey loaded her plate with two waffles, two hash browns and a few slices of bacon, because she found that she was very hungry most of the time when she was pregnant. This was no exception. She added whipped cream and raspberries to her waffles and salt and pepper to the bacon and hashbrowns, and sipped on her hot chocolate before taking a bite of the waffles. "I don't need to lie. These are delicious."

Lainey noticed how tightly Mason was holding his mug, and she was able to identify this as a side effect of him not taking the drugs that had become his addiction. Though, she had to admit, she only knew this because she was experiencing the same thing, only with alcohol. She found herself uncontrollably shaking sometimes, though, this was rare, thank god. She also found that she had headaches a lot more than before.

"Well, I was going to watch Vasily play Roger Federer at ten ... then maybe look online for baby clothes." Lainey shrugged. Her plans were flexible, since she was always at home these days. She was nearing the end of her pregnancy and therefore she didn't get out much. "I'd love to go out with you later, though. What did you have in mind?"

M A S O N
"I haven't a clue."

Mason simply wanted to go out and do something with only the two of them. Something they hadn't done in quite a while or at all. To be frank, a majority of their time was about Harper, which was inevitable, but he wished for them to have more enjoyment revolved around them. And he was going to make sure to fulfill that wish.

He ran his free hand through his messy blonde locks in desperate need of a haircut. Another thing he would have to add to his day's agenda. Subsequent to putting his mug down, he flexed his fingers and cracked his knuckles. Stopping by the hospital may be another thing he'd have to add to his list.

"We can go anywhere and do anything. What do you want to do?" Mason was sure to be content with anything they did. Also, he wanted to spoil her as much as possible, largely so before the baby was born. A lot of their time would be taken then.

l a i n e y
It had been a long time since Lainey had gotten to decide what she and her significant other would be doing for a date night. To be more specific, she hadn't been able to decide since Tristan. With Harrison, she had hardly ever been on dates, and whatever dates she did go on had been planned out by Harrison with no input from her. But, of course, Mason could not have been more different. Mason actually cared about her and her feelings, and that was something she absolutely loved him for.

"Hmm ... you know, I kind of just want to see the stars," she mused, looking up at the ceiling as if she would suddenly develop X-ray vision and pierce through each ceiling to see the sky. "I used to be really into astronomy when I was a kid, like, we lived in a little village so the stars weren't always covered up with clouds."

Lainey sipped her beverage as she looked back at her amazing wonderful Mason who she absolutely and positively did not deserve in any way, shape or form.

"So, I don't know, maybe we could just get some picnic things and go just outside the city and have dinner there? If it's not too much trouble, of course ..." Mason had given her so much, sacrificed so much for her, that she didn't want to be a burden on him. She didn't feel she was capable of repaying Mason for everything he had done for her, even before they had been dating.

M A S O N
Mason smirked,"Then it's a date." He decided, leaning back and crossing his legs over one another.

He wasn't very knowledgeable when it came to astronomy but he knew enough. He was a star lover too as a child his parents had catered to his interest that they'd believe he'd become a whiz with. And, well, he knew constellations at the least. Anyone could tell with the glow stickers he had decorated his room.

If Lainey wanted this he had no intention of saying no. She rarely asked for anything and he loved giving away to others, more so his girlfriend. She deserved everything good that came her way just because she was Lainey Applewhite. A lovely woman.

"We can go after I return, you could prepare few things here. I'll stop by the story and get things, you can text me a list of items you want." He was excited already.

l a i n e y
"It's a plan, then," Lainey said happily.

Once they had finished with their breakfast, Lainey cleaned up, put the leftovers into tupperware containers that then went in the fridge and loaded the dishwasher, all out of both habit and necessity. She hated mess and needed everything to be in order, and so therefore Lainey didn't have much of a problem with being a 'housewife'. Mason had his career. Lainey had lost hers, so she would do everything she could to make both of their lives as comfortable as possible.

"I think I'll make some ravioli, then we can eat it at the picnic ..." Lainey was mostly talking to herself as she returned to Mason, wrapped her arms around him and gave him a soft kiss to the lips, then a small smile. God, he just made her so happy. She knew she had found the love of her life and she wasn't going to give him up if she could avoid it.

"You should probably get to work before Ted thinks I've kidnapped you," she said in a humourous tone, though, she was serious in saying that Mason should probably get going. He did have a job to do, no matter how fun and enjoyable his job was.

"I'll text you everything we need. Have fun. I love you."

M A S O N
"I love you, too," Mason kissed the top of her head lovingly and then her lips. He could kiss her a million time and it would never be enough. She was the first human being hed ever wanted to kiss so badly all the time, kisses that said "hey, I love you lots". It pained him to have to tear away for her but with a tremendous amount of strenght he was able to. They'd be reunited in the evening so he kept that in mind and prepared to leave.

The famed singer marched up the stairs to wash up and change his attire. He had almost forgot to switch out his glasses with his contacts luckily the mirror reminded him otherwise. He held nothing against the spectacles but it was easier to work in contact lenses.

He kissed Lainey goodbye once more and headed out the door just as he recived a call from his best mate. No doubt it was about his absence from the practice studio.

l a i n e y
The rest of Lainey's day went by rather uneventfully. After scoping out the kitchen, she texted Mason a list of what they needed for the picnic -- chocolate milk, plastic cups, chilli flakes and more raspberries because she'd eaten them all. Then, she decided to spend the day cooking for the picnic itself, with the tennis on the TV in the kitchen so she could watch her brother play while she worked.

Lainey decided that since this was her first proper date in a very long while, she would go all out. Along with the ravioli she made herself, she also made the traditional tomato sauce, as well as apple and cinnamon cupcakes, brownies, buttered plenty of bread rolls and also made some garlic bread. She also added a bag of pistachios and one of poppy seeds, another of her odd cravings, and had everything packed into a wickerwork basket for when Mason came home.

Then, Lainey went upstairs and dressed in a loose and flowing gray dress with a soft white cardigan and black boots, since it would be nighttime when they reached their destination. She brushed her hair and let it fall around her shoulders and because she had plenty of time to kill, she applied some simple makeup, complete with a pale nude lipstick. She felt pretty and couldn't wait until Mason got home.

M A S O N
It felt as if the day went by as long as possible, ongoing, stretching further and further. Though, it may have only been percieved that way for Mason. Concedingly, he was feeling under the weather as soon as he stepped out the house. A strong wave of nausea had fell over him, luckily he was able to hold it back.

Work was as slow as the day. They didn't work too much with instruments that day because the sound actually gave him a headache. So, they discussed there plans, such as the music festival in the US they'd be performing in months from now. Most of his ill conditions had passed by the time they had finished for the day.

Mason Wagner would be damned if he canceled their date. He was extremely looking forward to their outing. And under no circumstances would they not go. He needed this break just as much as she did.

So, he stopped by the store, picked up the items she listed and drove straight home.
"I'm back!" MAson called upon entering the foyer before strolling in the kitchen to set down the grocery bags in the kitchen.

l a i n e y
The second Lainey heard Mason's voice come from downstairs, she jumped up and made her way to him, as fast as she could possibly do so in her current, very pregnant state. She beamed like an actual ray of sunshine upon seeing him, walking over to her beloved and wrapping him in a tight hug. Of course, she couldn't do so properly with her bump, but she tried her damn best.

"I missed you," she said cutely, looking up at him with her pretty doe eyes and kissing him on the chin, since he was considerably taller than her and so she couldn't reach his chin or his forehead. She didn't mind. She felt safe and protected in his arms, and she felt like her baby was protected, too, which was all she wanted.

Linking their fingers together, Lainey swung their hands back and forth between them as she smiled up at him and nodded to the basket sitting on the kitchen bench. "Are you ready for our super awesome fantastic date?" she asked him brightly.

M A S O N
Upon Lainey's arrival, Mason was given energy he was unaware that he even had stored within him. He found himself chuckling happily. Happy to see his perfect, vibrant and beautiful girlfriend. Happy to be able to come home to her and the warmth that radiated off of her. And without a doubt, elated to take her out on a proper date, something that he had wanted to do for the longest time and it was finally happening.

"I am, indeed," Mason confirmed, smiling scarcely and leaning back against the kitchen bench. "I also thought it could be an overnight stay." This he thought of on his way home. He doubted he would be well enough nor wholly awake to drive back. Mason wasn't sure if Lainey could drive, if she could he still wouldn't let her, pregnant women driving wasn't the safest thing. And she was so far along too, so that didn't help at all.

Staying out would be nice anyway, he had no obligation to work the next morning and they'd be out of the city where he planned on taking them. It would be refreshing and they could enjoy themselves on the day after too. He had already looked into the area and thought about renting a small cottage for the night and day.

l a i n e y
"Oh ... yeah, that'd be nice," Lainey said, nodding in agreement. She would agree with anything Mason said, mostly because she loved and adored him, but also because he had wonderful ideas, and this was no exception. She was more than happy to go along with his plan.

"I'll go upstairs and pack us some more clothes, you pack the car," she suggested, standing on the tips of her toes to kiss Mason on the lips before turning and making her way back up the stairs and to their bedroom.

Once there, she pulled out a small suitcase and packed them both a set of pyjamas, as well as an outfit for the next day, making sure that she selected something Mason would like. She also threw in some toiletries for the both of them and their medication, as well as some heat packs for her back.

"Okay, I'm ready," she announced upon returning with the suitcase.