Not Another Cinderella Story (lxngdon & MaryGold)

M A S O N
"Okay then," Mason agreed with a hint if a smile. He held Harper securely in both arms and led the way outside the room, hospital and to where he had parked the car. It was placed near the front, lucky space he had noticed in his rush.

He stopped momentarily to fish his keys out if his pocket and popped the trunk. In case she ever immediately went into labor he had stored the car seat they bought in the car for when the time came because surely he wouldn't have remembered to bring it in the midst of her labor. And he didn't, so indeed it was a smart move.

He kissed Harper's forehead gently and set him in his mother's arms to set up his carseat. And soon, they had all been strapped in and drove him. On the way there Mason had stopped by a to grab them some dinner which was none other Chinese takeout, something he had been craving since forever. He also grabbed anything else that Lainey wanted, she deserved it, she deserved anything.

Once they were at him with their spread out on the dining room table and Harper resting in his rocker nearby did Mason finally relax.

l a i n e y

Finally, Lainey and her little family were home. She was seated at the dining room table with Mason on one side and Harper, in his rocker on the floor, on the other. She would have to feed her baby soon, but Harper had not cried yet so she did not want to feed him if he wasn't hungry.

As she ate, she accepted a phone call from her brother. After explaining to Vasily that everything had went well and Harper was perfect, Lainey was informed by her brother that he, Piper and their father would come to London to meet the baby boy and see how Lainey was doing. Lainey thanked him and then hung up, before turning to Mason and kissing him on the cheek.

"I love you," she informed him. She could never say it enough.

After she had eaten, Harper finally cried, so Lainey picked him up out of his rocker and carefully breastfed her baby for the first time. She found that it was an interesting experience, one that she felt bonded her with her baby. She actually enjoyed it.

Lainey glanced at Mason. "Have you spoken to your family?"

M A S O N
"Yeah, I told my sis. Margot congratulated you," Mason smiled softly with a hint of sadness. It didn't last long. How could anyone possible stay sad for long on a joyous day like this. And if he was to be honest a completely strange one. The whole process of infants was strange to him anyway. One day they weren't here and the next they are.

"She's still not onboard with the idea of me being Harper's dad. It's chaos to her." He clicked his tongue. He couldn't accurately read his sister's voice when he told her everything but he knew there wasn't happiness. He could read the disappointment when she learned he signed the father line and made Harper a Wagner. "I'm pretty she thinks you're a gold digger or bad news of some kind."

Mason had finished cleaning the dining room and brewed them both a cup a tea because he didn't have one all day. And one should never deny an Englishman his tea. So he sat down andbset her mug in front of her on the coffee table.

"And I guess I'll chat with my father later if Margot doesn't get to him first."

l a i n e y
Wow. A gold digger. Lainey had been called a lot of things but she had never been called that before. Though, it was so absurd that it didn't effect her at all. She wasn't a gold digger -- she actually hated it when Mason spent too much money on her. She was not Karoline.

No, what hurt was that she was coming between Mason and his sister.

Lainey rose to her feet and managed to carefully walk over to the couch, though it hurt quite a bit to do so and she immediately regretted it once she had sat down -- she let out a grunt of pain but didn't react otherwise. She finished feeding Harper, did her top back up, burped her baby and offered him his first pacifier, which he accepted and suckled on as he gazed up between his parents. Lainey carefully sipped her tea before putting it back on the table and turning to Mason.

"Well, tell Margot that I'm thankful she congratulated me but also tell her I'm not Karoline,"
she said, unable to keep the sad note out of her voice, leaning back in her chair. "I'd like to know what your dad thinks of all this. He knows, right?"

M A S O N
Mason winced at the mention of the accursed name Karoline. He didn't even like to think or be reminded of her yet alone talk about her. His relationship with her wasn't the happiest, obviously. His mind did not stay on it long because he was still to focused on the fact that Lainey had so clearly hurt herself.

The woman had just gave birth a few hours ago. She should not be walking around, not even the small spaces. And he made sure to tell her so, he'd rather not worry every moment he wasn't with her. "Lainey, can you not walk around. If you need anything I'll help you. Moving around postpartum is not healthy."

He put his arm on the back of the couch behind her and leaned back in his seat. He sipped from his chamomile tea, it helped with both his insomnia and anxiety. They'd be going to bed soon anyway so he had made her a cup tea, figuring it would help.

"Yes, I talked to my father. He honestly doesn't care and is for it and whatever." Mason rolled his eyes. James Wagner didn't care what Mason did or what happens in his life as long as it didn't tarnish their good family name. And yet, somehow, the freedom he had his whole life did not feel like it at all.

l a i n e y
Lainey scowled at the ceiling when Mason told her she wasn't allowed to move. She was an athlete -- well, she had been an athlete. She was a naturally active person who couldn't sit still for more than a few minutes without feeling restless. This was going to be hell for her, if she couldn't walk for a couple of days.

"Fine, you're the one who has to carry me everywhere," she grumbled, leaning into Mason. She carefully laid Harper down in his rocker, which Mason had brought over. She rocked the baby with her foot and sipped her tea.

"Well, at least he's not directly making a problem about it," Lainey murmured, knowing that it was really more than what most parents would do. Most parents would directly oppose what she and Mason were doing, and honestly, she wouldn't blame them. It was a lot to take on board in a short period of time.

"Do you think he'll like Harper when he meets him?"
She didn't understand how anyone could dislike their perfect, enchanting little baby, but still, she feared it.

M A S O N
Mason shut his eyes briefly and sighed, seriously contemplating what she had asked him. Would his father like Harper? Sweet, small and new to the world Harper Elliot. How could anyone not like him? That would be a true mystery. Almost as much as a mystery as his father was to him despite being raised in his household.

"I have no idea. I don't even know if my father likes children or babies. The only children I've seen him with are my nieces, but they rarely meet."
It was sad but true. His father loved his grandchildren just as he loved his children in his own unique way. Though, he wasn't too fond of some of the decisions his children made, particularly his daughter. He didn't like that she married an actor despite being one herself.

Mason knew that he wouldn't care that he was dating Lainey. Maybe he'd be judgemental, which made his stomach knot just thinking about it. Overall, the man wouldn't oppose their relationship. Would he like their son, though?

l a i n e y
Lainey couldn't imagine someone not liking the precious baby that rested in the rocker, but she knew it was possible, as much as it saddened her. She also knew that it was highly likely that Mason's father would not approve of her or her baby, and honestly, she was expecting it. Which was probably really sad.

Lainey kissed her boyfriend on the shoulder and sighed lightly. "It'll be okay." It had to be.

Well, she thought it would be.

Lainey was woken up early the next morning by the cries of her baby. Babies needed to be fed every two hours so she was used to this by now. Harper's bassinet rested right beside hers and Mason's bed so she only needed to stand up to get Harper out, sit back down and feed him. So that was what she did, and she picked up her phone to browse social media while she did so.

Lainey didn't go on Twitter much, she mainly did so to check up on tennis scores, so she was incredibly shocked when she saw her own face on her feed. She scrolled some more and found that many, many articles had been uploaded, with Mason, holding Harper outside the hospital, as a thumbnail. She clicked on one. The article inquired about Mason Wagner's new girlfriend and their baby and posed many questions about the couple.

Shit. Shit shit shit shit shit -- "Mason?!"

M A S O N
By this point, Mason was already somewhat used to waking up to the wails of their infant son. That was one thing he could say he did not enjoy in the whole caring for babies business. He had his troubles sleeping as it was but he manages to somehow drift back to sleep after he was quieted by the promise of a meal.

However, the blonde singer was in no way used to being abruptly wakened by a panicked call if his name. He was considered a light sleeper, so, he immediately popped up from his spit and looked around for the source of panic. Half awake and with hazy mind he barely managed to realize he was blind without his glasses. He quickly nabbed them from his nightstand on his side with clumsy hands and put them on to direct his gaze at Lainey. He followed her gaze to her cellphone.

He blinked at the pictures and never bothered to read the articles. It took him a full minute to put two and two together in his drowsy state, but when he did -

"Ugh, it's too early in the morning for this." Mason groaned, ruffling his hair agitatedly. It was bound to come out sooner or later, he had been hoping it would have been later and in their own terms. And now there was this.

l a i n e y
Lainey wanted to throw up.

She couldn't believe this had happened. She had wanted to go public with Mason and their son, of course, but she had wanted to do it on their own terms. She had wanted to do it in a way in which they both felt safe and comfortable. But now, they had no choice in the matter, because someone had seen them at the hospital and then leaked the pictures. Was this what it was like to live as a celebrity?

Lainey put her phone down and bit back the tears that threatened to spill over. Maybe it was the hormones, but whatever the reason, she was so upset that she couldn't hold it in very well and she let out one sob. Harper reclaimed her attention by finishing his feeding and pulling away from her chest. She pulled her shirt back up, quietly burped the baby and laid him down on the bed between herself and Mason's legs, where he rested silently, peering up at his parents as if he were wondering why they were upset.

"It wasn't meant to happen like this," Lainey said hoarsely, wiping the tears away from her cheeks. This was horrible and stressful and she hadn't needed this in her life. "I wanted to go public on our terms. And I didn't want random pictures of our son to be leaked, I wanted to share them ourselves." Lainey buried her face in Mason's shoulder and closed her eyes.

M A S O N
"Hey, Lainey, love," Mason attempted to gather her attention and console her simultaneously. He placed a hand on her back and tenderly rubbed circles into. His free hand fixed the glasses on his face properly before brushing back her hair. "It's not so bad." He licked his bottom lip thoughtfully.

Truth be told, he himself was frustrated with the situation as well. Venting that irritation was not going to make her feel any better, though, so he pushed it aside and thought of differently than negatively. There was no use crying over spilt milk he had been told, and while he was used to many aspects of his personal life being exposed, she wasn't. He wanted to make this as easy for her as possible.

"Not everything in life goes as planned, right?" Carefully, he took the phone away from and looked over the article. "And this, this just means I get tell everyone about my magnificent girlfriend and sooner than later." Mason leaned over and kissed her cheek lovingly.

l a i n e y
Lainey sniffled and hid her face in the crook of Mason's neck. "You're right," she mumbled. It wasn't the end of the world. Sure, it was inconvenient and not what either of them had wanted to do at all, but it wasn't like this was going to destroy everything. It just meant that they had to go public a little earlier than they had planned.

Harper made a gurgling noise, so Lainey carefully picked him up and handed him to Mason. The baby smiled up at his father, and reached up to touch Mason's face with his little hand. That just cemented the notion that Mason had always been Harper's father, no matter of genetics.

"Hey, baby," Lainey murmured, tickling her infant's stomach with on finger. The world now knew that Mason Wagner was a father. Lainey was almost terrified to go back on Twitter and read the opinions on this matter. She couldn't imagine what Turbulence fans were thinking.

"Aren't you meant to go on that talk show in a couple of days?" Lainey asked.

M A S O N
"Mhm," Mason kissed Harper's forehead and laid back down on his back. He placed the child on his chest had him snuggle up closely while he himself snuggled into the bed. Gently and soothingly, he patted the tiny boy's back, hoping to lull him into sleep. That way they both could get some extra time in the bed instead of out of it. With Harper crying what seemed like every few minutes through the night he had to be nearly as tired as his father was when he was woken by it.

Mason sighed softly from deep within his chest, tired in body and mind both. "I had planned opening up a out us on the show anyway so I suppose now they'll have readied questions." He stared at the ceiling above him where the glow in the dark stickers dimly glowed. The sun was almost completely up, though, the sky was still that grayish color.

"It feels as if I'm finally getting something off my chest," He didn't like hiding certain things. And hiding his relationship with Lainey almost killer him, especially when it was an entirely serious relationship. They had a baby and that was a huge deal. He felt sorry for the outside party as well as inside one, being himself and Lainey.

He wondered what was going through his fans minds. It would be another relief to clear up any misunderstandings after the gigantic bomb that had just been laid. Mason Wagner in another relationship and suddenly a father. They deserved an answer.

l a i n e y
Watching Mason with the baby was lovely. He was so sweet and gentle with their little boy, it was hard to believe that he wasn't the biological father. Genetics didn't matter, what mattered was love, and Mason had already proven that he loved Harper unconditionally. He was the father, no questions asked.

Well, she guessed the world would have a few questions. But she didn't care about that right now.

Lainey laid down on her side and leaned her head against Mason's shoulder. Laying there with the two most important males in her life was peaceful and calming. She was almost able to forget that the entire world knew about them now. Lainey kissed Mason on the cheek and sighed slightly.

"I mean, I feel like your fans have some right to know what's going on," she murmured. She knew she wouldn't like it if someone she had poured undying love and support into was leading a double life. And Mason's secret was nothing to be ashamed of. He had a girlfriend who actually loved him, unlike Karoline, and a son he adored.

"What are you going to tell them on the talk show?"

M A S O N
"I don't know quite yet," Mason easily confessed. It only dawned him on him now that he had yet to map out what he'd say. A lot had happened and he was certain there was some things that both he and Lainey would like to keep out. Some of those things were private and he would like to keep it that way if he could.

He glanced at little Harper with a small smile. The baby was well on his way back to sleep with droopy eyelids and his soft breathing. He envied how easily the infant could fall back into his resting state but was grateful at the same time. It was difficult when he was awake, cranky and crying his little lungs out. Mason had yet to get used to it all, being a father was definitely a transition.

The blondie turned his haze onto Lainey and asked, "what do you what me to say?" It had been a while since he had asked any question based on media involved with a lover of his. Then again, with Karoline, he had asked every time what he should say so he wouldn't upset her, which was a fairly easy to do. And he certainly did not want to upset Lainey, she had every right and a say on it too. After all, it was two if them in the relationship.

"About me, you and Harper?"

l a i n e y
What did Lainey want Mason to say? That was a difficult question to answer. On one hand, she wanted Mason to be completely open and honest with her fans because she knew sometimes fans could grow upset if their idols lied to them. And while celebrities certainly had a right to their privacy, a fan who gives said celebrity undying love and support likely deserves some kind of trust back. And it wasn't like Mason had done anything wrong.

On the other hand, Lainey knew that a lot of people would have a thing or two to say about Mason raising another man's child. It was almost unheard of, and since Lainey had seemingly appeared out of nowhere with the heart of Mason Wagner in her hands, she doubted any fans would be so understanding as to realise the love and commitment the little family had for one another. It was just a difficult thing to wrap heads around.

"I ... I don't think you should mention Harrison or anything like that unless you have to," Lainey said quietly. She had her head propped up on her hand, and was using the other hand to rub her baby's back until he fell asleep. "As far as I'm concerned, you're Harper's father. The world doesn't need to know anything otherwise. Other than that, you should say whatever you think is best."

M A S O N
"If that's what you want, alright." It was simple and even if it wasn't he would have done it. He wanted her to be as comfortable as possible, all things considered. And either way he had no desire or intention, whatsoever, to bring up Harrison anyway. If he could, he would forget a man as revolting as him completely. Sadly, that was impossible to do.

Mason sat up from his laying position and sat with his back against the headboard of the bed. He swung his legs off the side of the mattress, planning to set Harper in his bassinet to rest. He leaned in and kissed her cheek before putting their child to bed and having his arms be freed.

"It doesn't change much of anything I wanted to say at all,"
He reseated himself on the edge of the bed. "I'll tell Ted too. I should say so to Margot later as well." Getting to her sister about he and Lainey's wishes wasn't something he hastened to do. She wasn't to interested involving herself or discussing other's business, yet, she was not only his family but a celebrity herself.

"Do you want to try and get a bite to eat before he gets up?"
Asked Mason, taking her hands and helping her up. He figured there was no way he'd be able to back to sleep now.

l a i n e y

Lainey accepted Mason's offer of help up. She was still considerably weak, even if she had healed a little since the day before. She had known this was to be likely after giving birth but still, she was a little overwhelmed by all the changes in her body. But she assumed that was normal. After all, she had just given birth not twenty-four hours ago.

"Let me walk," she pleaded. She hated being carried around and nursed like she was weak -- it just reminded her of the few months after she had had surgery, where she had been unable to do almost anything for herself. Vasily had stayed with her until Harrison had picked up where he had left off. And Harrison wasn't that helpful.

Lainey gripped onto Mason's arm and used him as support while she carefully walked down the stairs. She was lucky she had such a patient and loving boyfriend. Once in the kitchen, Lainey finally let herself sit down so she wasn't in the way while Mason cooked them breakfast.

"Oooh, can we have bacon on toast, please?" Lainey requested quietly, her eyes closing with bliss at the thought of her favourite food. One thing she didn't miss about being pregnant was the cravings -- she hadn't liked eating so much and then being unable to work out to burn off the calories. She did miss her bump, though. Her hand rested over the place where Harper had previously rested, as if she expected to feel his soft kick once more.

M A S O N
Mason nodded as a simple yes in answer. He could accurately remember how much bacon they had consumed since her pregnancy and the cravings that came with it bit he was fairly surprised she wasn't even a little sick of it. So, he toasted her slices of bread, cut them into triangles and fried her a few eggs with her bacon. And on the side he cooked spinach mushrooms, spinach was one of the few green vegatables he loved, and added slices of tomatoes to their plate.

There were few things Mason could cook, or at least that was what he believed, but foods he did know to prepare always come out splendid. It didn't take long at all and before they knew it breakfast was served with tea that he had put on before he started. He set their plates on the bench where she already sat simply because he didn't want her moving around more than necessary. As much as he sympathized with her he also knew it was in her best interest.

Like getting a child to take their medication.

"I'm staying home today," He told her as he pulled out leftover fruit salad from the refrigerator. Carefully, the singer served them both a bowl and joined her at the bench. "I'm inviting Ted over around lunch."

He was too exhausted to work this morning, he was sure it be quite some before things restored to a peaceful order. And it had been quite some time since he had his best mate over, as was bizarre as it was. They had been hanging a lot less than usual, it had started because he was in a relationship with his horrible ex again and continued because his new girlfriend was pregnant when they began dating. A strange set if circumstances indeed.

"When is your family planning to visit to see Harper?" Questioned Mason.

l a i n e y

Lainey happily accepted the delicious breakfast Mason had prepared for them and kissed him on the cheek as a reward. She also smiled when she learned that he would be staying home, and that Ted would be joining them for lunch. Lainey liked Ted, and she was looking forward to him meeting their son.

Which reminded her -- she picked up the baby monitor from the bench and turned it on, and was met with the soft sounds of Harper's snoring. In such a large house, a baby monitor was absolutely necessary in order to know when Harper was awake or hungry.

"They're coming next week," Lainey informed her beloved boyfriend, loading her fork with bacon, eggs and tomatoes as she spoke. "They're finishing up a tournament in Greece and then flying straight over." Lainey popped her food into her mouth and chewed thoughtfully.

"I hope Harper is good at tennis," she murmured. "I'll have to teach him how to play."