New Experiences, New People, New problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jacob nodded, "I came because you don't have it all," He gave her another journal, "I got passionate about that story." He moved closer to giver her the journal.

Tiffany gave Jacob a kind smile as she reached out, lightly brushing against his hand as she took the notebooks out of his hand. "Well, thank you. I'm flattered you came all this way to give it to me."

Jacob moved a bit closer, "I-I also wanted to discuss some of the reading...I read ahead a bit and was curious...am I in trouble for that?" He asked, getting nervous. HE started building walls around him again.

Tiffany neatly packed the notebooks into a small pile, clearing them to a corner of her desk, as soon as she realized what was going on. "Reading ahead is not an issue," she assured him. "We would love it if our students would just buy the textbooks and read from them. If anything, its admirable that you've read ahead. Means you're eager." She moved closer to him. "If you don't mind my asking, do you find my class interesting? And if you do, what is it about it that is? I just want to know from a student's point of view."

Jacob looked at her, but not directly, "You are interesting and intriguing. The material is boring, but within one day you've covered so much and I know so much. You're an amazing teacher."

Tiffany could not help but blush a little bit under Jacob's praises. She took her job seriously, so she was always looking for the best way for her to further her teaching skills. However, she barely ever got any kind of feedback from her own students other than the end-of-year surveys- and those tended to go in the direction of whether or not they failed her class. "Thank you." Her face lit up, her eyes sparkling in the daylight shining through her window. "I greatly appreciate your honesty."

Jacob looked up and held her gaze finally. He arose just a bit- not much, but noticeably -and he moved a bit closer, "I want you to know how much you mean to me."

Tiffany, at that point, had already turned her head towards her notebooks, scanning them carefully. Her attention was more focused on the question that Jacob had asked her earlier instead of the conversation. "So, point out where exactly you were having problems?" she asked, turning to him with a small smile on her face. "I'll be willing to tell you at least a little bit about it."

He began to show her. He moved so he was By her side, "...and then this doesn't make sense."

Tiffany let out a small gasp. "Ah, this one," she acknowledged. "This is one of the things I don't like about this book in particular. Sometimes, they make it harder tha it needs to be." She took out a sheet of paper, as she went into a brief explanation to what the book was talking about, writing down examples on the paper. "... So its more like this. Still, that's impressive. Not many people just starting out would grasp concepts like this so quickly."

Jacob blushed, "well, I have an incredible teacher," he just gently brushed her hand.

"You and your flattery," Tiffany lightly shook her head as her smile turned into a full, toothy one. "I'm not that incredible. You'll make me blush if you go any further." She ignored the brushing of the hands as inconsequential contact from being so close.

"But I mean it. You've taught us incredible things. You're amazing at what you do. You're an amazing woman," Jacob very slowly touched her hand, very very slowly.

Tiffany could not help but feel a little bit uncomfortable now, especially under Jacob's touch. She let out a small hushed laugh, not sure what she should do in this kind of situation. She was sure that she was just misunderstanding Jacob's intent. "Anyways, any other questions that you have?" she asked, picking up the notebook and cracking it open with both hands, using it as an excuse to get her hands out of the reach of Jacob's.

Jacob felt a bit put off, "no, not really." He lost his confidence and turned around, "enjoy the horrible stories." He began to walk out.

Tiffany could only sigh, closing the notebook in front of her as soon as Jacob stepped out of the door. Guilt crept in, as she did not understand what exactly had just happened between the two of them, but whatever it was ,her reaction did not respond well with him. She bit her lip, as her cell phone began to ring. She picked it up and began speaking to the person on the other line. "Out for dinner? Tonight?" she asked, recounting her schedule in her brain. "Sure, the usual place then." A few more affirmatives, and the phone call ended. Another knock came at the door, and Tiffany decided to bury the bad feelings that she had and focus on what she could do right now.

Reactions: BionicBrony
The first thing he did was throw away his stories into garbage outside her office. The second he did was sulk the way to his dorm. He lived alone. He started crying. She must hate him he knew.

After she finished her office hours, Tiffany packed up many of her remaining things and left her office. Her classes for the day were done, so she was about to head on home... That was until she arrived at a trash can to throw away her water bottle and noticed some familiar notebooks inside. She took them out, brushed off the trash that was on there with her originally-pristine hands and sighed. "... You should be more careful with him," she whispered, remembering the feeling in her gut that would not go away. "But, I don't think I was wrong."

Jacob threw his stories the wall and cried. Oh he was failure. His teacher didn't care. She was playing him. She just wanted his work. He made a vow to stop writing. Never again. He tore up the journals and went into a fitful rest.

Tiffany then proceeded to eat dinner with a colleague of hers. It was a quaint dinner, one that she would normally enjoy. However, there was a thought nagging in the back of her head that she could not shake. The food did not taste as good, her drink felt stale, and the conversation, although it was enjoyable, was not something that she could engage herself in. 'Could I have just misinterpretted the whole thing? I mean, if I did... then I could have done some serious damage to his psyche...'

She squirmed in her seat and bit her lip as she continued to think.

Status
Not open for further replies.