New Experiences, New People, New problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jacob paused and stopped. He turned very slowly and didn't meet her gaze, "Y-yes I was Ms.McCollum. I let you read a terrible story. Don't worry, I'll go toss it out and start another."

Tiffany kept the smile on her face, but in the back of her head, she was thinking that he simply was very self-conscious about his writing. "Well, I can't stop it if you think its terrible, but if you do want to toss it, can you please give it to me?" she asked, holding her hand out to receive the papers. "I personally liked it."

He handed her the two notebooks and papers, "It isn't that good, I assure you."

"Beauty in the eye of the beholder, no?" she asked rhetorically as she took the notebooks. Tiffany's hand lightly brushed across Jacob's own as she did so, although she barely noticed it. "Thank you very much. I'm sure I'll enjoy it."

Jacob had to give the faintest ghost of a smile, "Oh..alright. I-I'll see you tomorrow in class, Ms.McCollum."

Tiffany gave Jacob a small smile. "You can come to the classroom tomorrow, but I won't be there, Jacob," she joked. "We meet two days from now. Make sure that you're ready for class, okay? I know the first set of reading might be hard because we haven't gotten too far into it, but I do have office hours tomorrow if you need help." With that, Tiffany left the scene, with even more papers and notebooks than she was expecting. She honestly did not know what she was doing, taking a student's writings, but she felt as if in someway she had done the right thing.

Jacob smacked his head, "Idiot, I'm so dumb." He frowned and gathered his things. She was walking away with worthless work, he knew. She wouldn't enjoy it. She would hate it. She would hate it. He kept walking and started to the reading, already immediately confused.

Meanwhile, she was in her office, as part of her office hours. Only the first day of school, but people tended to come to ask more questions, voice their concerns about the syllabus, and introduce themselves. Shortly after office hours were over, however, Tiffany found herself being rather exhausted. So much so that she was laying back in her seat, looking at the papers resting on her desk "Maybe I should-," she began as she reached into her bag and took out the notebooks that she had gotten earlier. Giving a small smile and a shrug of the shoulders, she peeled back the cover and began reading the first one.

Jacob poured over the reading, doing something he had learned. Unlike most kids, he owned the books, and thus had notes over each page. He worked hard on deciphering some of it, trying to make sense of all of it. After reading the required chapters, he couldn't make hide or tail of it. He put it away, came up with a new idea, and started to write.

A couple of hours had passed, and Tiffany's office hours were now over. However, she was still in her office, mulling over the story that was laid out in front of her. She stretched, her eyes going to her clock. "Oh," escaped from her mouth. "I should get going. " She decided to pick up her things, including the notebooks, and leave her office.

Jacob finsihed with his new story about a heroine named Felix, who was betrayed secretly but doesn't know it yet. He already hated how it was going, and he needed more time. But it was late, and he had to ask some questions over the readign anyways the next day.

((OOC: Timesip again!))

The next day was more of a down day for Tiffany. Yes, school was still in its first week, but her day schedule consisted of only one class and her office hours. Then, she had two more classes in the late afternoon, and that was it. Taking advantage of the free time that she had after her first class, which was an early one, she decided to get some breakfast in one of the school's cafeterias.

Jacob never ate food; this was his writing time. And he natrually sat in the bottom right hand corner of the room. HE sat there, writing his story with Felix, completely zeroed in again.

Tiffany had gotten her tray and began surveying the floor to see if there were any free tables. Every table seemed to have at least one person sitting at it, so she decided to simply choose one that was in a good location for her. Approaching a person who was huddled over writing, Tiffany gave a small chuckle before sitting down across from him without waiting to ask for his permission.

Jacob didn't notice her again, already wrapped up. He noticed her when her shadow fell over her. He jupmed, but didn't spill his sheets, "He-hello Ms.McCollum."

Tiffany took a bite out of her apple, chewing it as she looked at Jacob. Once she finished the bite of the apple, lapping up the juices in her mouth, she looked to Jacob with a smile. "Ah, he noticed me this time!" she spoke up in faked surprise. "Good morning, Jacob. Did you sleep well?"

Jacob nodded. He was feeling a bit more confident this morning, "Yes Ms.McCollum. In fact, very well." He started to move his sheets to the side. He really didn't want another critique.

"That's good," she responded, then promptly biting into the apple once again. After properly chewing it, she looked to Jacob again. "You already finish eating?"

Jacob shook his head, "I only eat Lunch and Dinner. I snack right before I walk down here. It isn't quite silent, but I blend in."

Tiffany gave a slow, understanding nod in response to his words. "I tend to eat lunch and dinner as well," she bit into the last piece of the apple and savored the last remaining juices. "Breakfast can be hit or miss; I can have classes from eight to twelve, which definitely cuts into my breakfast time."

Status
Not open for further replies.